PDA

View Full Version : OT: Interesting Auction in Colorado

Vegas_Bronco
05-30-2011, 07:10 AM
http://www.williamsauction.com/mobile/search.aspx?statusid=1&state=CO

Very attractive pool of real estate up for bid here. Anyone ever done business with these guys?

Karenin
05-30-2011, 07:29 AM
Spam much?

Boobs McGee
05-30-2011, 09:02 AM
How do those auctions work I wonder? There's a property over off of 285 for like a grand...opening bid. It's only 800 sq ft, but how nice would that be? A grand for an apartment??? I wonder how many people bid at these things? Financing options? Interesting stuff.

underrated29
05-30-2011, 09:12 AM
yeah i have worked with williams before. They are legit. They are huge now too. The online auctions are a good way to go too. I have found that if you show up for an auction at a ****ty site- there are fewer investors there. Obviously, they hold auctions at the best places, but if its a good solid home or plot and the bidding is at an ok location you can do better.

My buddy won a place in roxbourough about 5 years ago. Bought it for $387k even. Waited 2 years to sell it (avoid investment taxes and loan) and sold it. Put about $10k into it to polish her up a bit. Final selling price 992k- almost a full mil. The greatest fix and flip the world has ever seen. All the comps in the area were 800k+ the fact that he even got the bid for 387 was just ridiculous. Needless to say he has taken us all on some pretty nice vacations because of it.

Funny you posted their link. Not many people know about them. I took some super hard prying from myself to get it out of a realtor about 10 years back.

underrated29
05-30-2011, 09:14 AM
How do those auctions work I wonder? There's a property over off of 285 for like a grand...opening bid. It's only 800 sq ft, but how nice would that be? A grand for an apartment??? I wonder how many people bid at these things? Financing options? Interesting stuff.

Most of them need a fair amount of work. Plus you still have to pay taxes on them. But with what you are looking at. I have seen big investors just buy up like 10 at a time. So unless you have deep pockets or get lucky there are no investors there. You will probably lose out.

They come in with a budget of like $150k- and buy 10 places for 10k and then drop another 50 on the best one to ensure they get it. At least this is what I have seen.

Boobs McGee
05-30-2011, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the info...bummer for me and my "not so deep" pockets haha

rugbythug
05-30-2011, 01:19 PM
I am a large investor. I have gone to several of their auctions and thought they did a good job. To good in fact stuff went for 10% more than it should have.

underrated29
05-30-2011, 08:26 PM
I am a large investor. I have gone to several of their auctions and thought they did a good job. To good in fact stuff went for 10% more than it should have.

So your the A-hole that we need to jump in the parking infront of the building to make sure we can get our little slice of the pie. Rugby huh, that just means you can take a beating. Does not mean that you can withstand a supreme beating with no rules...:strong:

rugbythug
05-30-2011, 09:16 PM
So your the A-hole that we need to jump in the parking infront of the building to make sure we can get our little slice of the pie. Rugby huh, that just means you can take a beating. Does not mean that you can withstand a supreme beating with no rules...:strong:

No need to beat me. I wont be at any auctions. But if you do get frisky mind the wife she's packing.

Vegas_Bronco
05-31-2011, 11:13 AM
Kk thank you all...im looking for cash flow based off increasing rental volume and declining rental rates...should be a fun challenge.

ghostofjosh
05-31-2011, 01:38 PM
sweet

Williams&Williams
07-13-2011, 08:16 AM
Hi, If you have any questions about Williams & Williams auctions, please feel free to contact us anytime at 800 801 8003 or customerservice@williamsauction.com. Go Broncos! Williams & Williams

Drunk Monkey
07-13-2011, 08:55 AM
Most of them need a fair amount of work. Plus you still have to pay taxes on them. But with what you are looking at. I have seen big investors just buy up like 10 at a time. So unless you have deep pockets or get lucky there are no investors there. You will probably lose out.

They come in with a budget of like $150k- and buy 10 places for 10k and then drop another 50 on the best one to ensure they get it. At least this is what I have seen.

Just browsed the terms, I think this would be the issue for an individual investor. If someone is buying 10 properties they are probably going to pick up the one you are interested in also. Having said that next time i am looking for a house I will have to give this a closer look.

If more than one property is being auctioned, the Auctioneer may choose to offer a group of the properties for auction at the same time. This is called "BUYER'S CHOICE" and is to accommodate buyers who have an interest in more than one property and/or have 2nd and 3rd choices if they are out bid for a favorite property. Upon winning the bid, please choose which property, or properties, you want. You pay the high bid price for each property selected. Each sale is final and stands alone. Remaining properties are then offered in another round of bidding. Anyone may bid at any time, including prior High Bidders.

Cool Breeze
07-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the link!

underrated29
07-13-2011, 04:13 PM
Hi, If you have any questions about Williams & Williams auctions, please feel free to contact us anytime at 800 801 8003 or customerservice@williamsauction.com. Go Broncos! Williams & Williams

Hi, anyone else find this a very random post. What are the odds that this guy finds this thread......