PDA

View Full Version : debate time - whats your take

tsiguy96
05-29-2011, 08:18 AM
quite literally nothing else to discuss here.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8jUU3yCy3uI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

are the police in the right in this situation? or are they acting outside the boundaries of the first amendment?

Dr. Broncenstein
05-29-2011, 08:45 AM
Looks like the crime fighters are keeping us safe from criminals in the land of the free.

rugbythug
05-29-2011, 08:54 AM
Did they not get exactly what they wanted. Should be happy.

Dedhed
05-29-2011, 11:40 AM
Looks like the crime fighters are keeping us safe from criminals in the land of the free.

Yeah, that's exactly what it looks like.
/sarcasm

Que
05-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Do not understand. Anyone know the reg/law prohibiting dancing at DC memorials?

tsiguy96
05-29-2011, 06:19 PM
Do not understand. Anyone know the reg/law prohibiting dancing at DC memorials?

dont know how there is, or can be one, based on the first amendment.

jayman_37
05-29-2011, 06:27 PM
I don't understand how we arrest people for this, but then allow people to protest funerals.

baja
05-29-2011, 06:34 PM
Keep America Safe

baja
05-29-2011, 07:03 PM
Live Free or Die....

oubronco
05-29-2011, 07:13 PM
You would've thought they kicked a puppy the way they were treated

Land of the free......Home of the Dumbass's

FantomForce
05-29-2011, 07:14 PM
bunch of Aholes calling attention to themselves and getting the whole memorial shut down high five.

baja
05-29-2011, 07:14 PM
I like this quote from Adam's web site;

A truth's initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie.
was believed. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and.
its speaker, a raving lunatic." --Dresden James.

boltaneer
05-29-2011, 07:39 PM
Don't care for flash mobs.

As far as I'm concerned they're troublemakers and attention whores and they like to challenge authority.

baja
05-29-2011, 07:43 PM

As far as I'm concerned they're troublemakers and attention whores and they like to challenge authority.

Learn from the jews never challenge authority

gyldenlove
05-29-2011, 07:44 PM

So is this more or less okay than burning a Quran? how about an American flag?

Meck77
05-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Live Free or Die....

Or become a mexican.

oubronco
05-29-2011, 08:41 PM
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk140/tfoolry/121.gif

tsiguy96
05-29-2011, 08:41 PM

as opposed to giving authority free reign to do with what they wish?

someone needs to challenge it to keep power in check.

Hercules Rockefeller
05-29-2011, 08:42 PM

So the people in this video were eventually gassed?

baja
05-29-2011, 08:49 PM
Or become a mexican.

I wonder if you will ever come to know what a dumb ass you are. I sure hope so...

BTW "Live Free or Die" is on every New Hampshire licence plate.

To bad the value of that phrase has been essentially lost in America.

baja
05-29-2011, 09:09 PM
So the people in this video were eventually gassed?

Why yes they were, it's on Fox News right now.

UberBroncoMan
05-29-2011, 09:40 PM

Pretty much. Can't stand those mother****ers. They act like they're totally ****ing innocent. They try to get hit. They might as well be punching themselves.

Missouribronc
05-29-2011, 09:55 PM
They knew they were causing a disturbance, I'm sure this jackass advertised it on his radio show. They got exactly what they wanted and framed it so that morons would pile on unintelligently. It's weak, quite frankly. Cause a disturbance and then turn the camera on after the disturbance and act as if you're innocent.

Douche bags.

Killericon
05-29-2011, 10:11 PM
Pretty much. Can't stand those mother****ers. They act like they're totally ****ing innocent. They try to get hit. They might as well be punching themselves.

I don't have sympathy for the people getting arrested, but that doesn't mean the cops were in the right.

FantomForce
05-29-2011, 10:19 PM
They knew they were causing a disturbance, I'm sure this jackass advertised it on his radio show. They got exactly what they wanted and framed it so that morons would pile on unintelligently. It's weak, quite frankly. Cause a disturbance and then turn the camera on after the disturbance and act as if you're innocent.

Douche bags.

+10

boltaneer
05-29-2011, 10:20 PM

If there's a legitimate reason to challenge authority, such as people being mass murdered, then you have a just cause.

Going out and intentionally causing a disturbance for giggles in order to challenge authority, no.

There's a big difference in my opinion.

Willynowei
05-29-2011, 10:24 PM
Bunch of dumb****s got exactly what they deserved.

Cops showed as much restraint as a could be reasonable expected of them. You can plead your case in court, until then, put your damn hands behind your back, and don't resist like that dumb ****er.

tsiguy96
05-29-2011, 10:24 PM
If there's a legitimate reason to challenge authority, such as people being mass murdered, then you have a just cause.

Going out and intentionally causing a disturbance for giggles in order to challenge authority, no.

There's a big difference in my opinion.

define "causing a disturbance"

according to these police, it was silently dancing or kissing your GF in a public place. it is their fundamental american right to do that, however the police feel it is not because they say so. and what they say goes, without question, right?

Odysseus
05-29-2011, 10:27 PM
Or become a mexican.

I was thinking about living there. I think it would be kick ass. Don't worry Meck. Bring the beer. It's like linving in a Corona commercial.

Willynowei
05-29-2011, 10:28 PM

according to these police, it was silently dancing or kissing your GF in a public place. it is their fundamental american right to do that, however the police feel it is not because they say so. and what they say goes, without question, right?

You want officers to evaluate the constitutionality of laws they are enforcing when they are out in the field? Should we bring lawyers and SC justices with every cop that patrols the streets?

Odysseus
05-29-2011, 10:45 PM
I wonder if you will ever come to know what a dumb ass you are. I sure hope so...

BTW "Live Free or Die" is on every New Hampshire licence plate.

To bad the value of that phrase has been essentially lost in America.

It's a lack of branding!

tsiguy96
05-29-2011, 10:50 PM
You want officers to evaluate the constitutionality of laws they are enforcing when they are out in the field? Should we bring lawyers and SC justices with every cop that patrols the streets?

no, the cop should be aware that if he cant even tell the person the rule that he is breaking, that the person likely is NOT breaking a rule at all, and isnt really subject to any imprisonment (or shouldnt be). given that he is an officer of the LAW, he should be aware of what he is actually trying to enforce, and i would dare anyone to find some sort of active legislature that supports the notion that "dancing is a crime"

Hercules Rockefeller
05-30-2011, 05:36 AM
So did the guy post the entire video on his website? It starts with the Park Police already telling them to stop. You'd figure they were taping everything the entire time, why edit the video and cut out what drew the police's attention in the first place?

rugbythug
05-30-2011, 07:13 AM
So did the guy post the entire video on his website? It starts with the Park Police already telling them to stop. You'd figure they were taping everything the entire time, why edit the video and cut out what drew the police's attention in the first place?

Are you insinuating that this is not the whole story?

CEH
05-30-2011, 08:32 AM
Bunch of dumb****s got exactly what they deserved.

Cops showed as much restraint as a could be reasonable expected of them. You can plead your case in court, until then, put your damn hands behind your back, and don't resist like that dumb ****er.

I agree. They have already lost in court in 2008. The officers have been down this road before and are just enforcing the laws of a "non public" government facility. I thought they showed respect to the group especially when it was obvious this group was there for cause a commotion. Code Pink come on don't they have better things to do

LRtagger
05-30-2011, 01:39 PM

Disobeying/actively protesting a court appointed law.

A US appeals court on Tuesday (May 17, 2011) ruled unanimously that the US Park Police acted lawfully in arresting a woman engaged in "silent expressive dancing" at the Jefferson Memorial to celebrate the Founding Father's birthday.

Oberwetter sued on free speech grounds, arguing that Americans are free to creatively celebrate political figures in locations of national significance. She also alleged the arresting officer had no probable cause and used excessive force.

The US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia spent 17 pages explaining why she was wrong. The court, in an opinion by Judge Thomas Griffith, said memorials are places for tranquil contemplation, not spectacle.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/appeals-court-no-dancing-at-national-memorials-ncxdc-051811

Obushma
05-30-2011, 01:46 PM
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5ZP-ebvRd-8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

vancejohnson82
05-30-2011, 03:06 PM
yea, free speech is really dead in America....please

these people need to get a job