Garcia Bronco
05-27-2011, 08:42 AM
I'd refuse to play for that cheat.

Jesterhole
05-27-2011, 08:50 AM
Once a cheat...

Pendejo
05-27-2011, 08:55 AM
That's smart if they can get away with it. Although most of their offense will come between the 20's.

strafen
05-27-2011, 09:00 AM
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch's Jim Thomas says he "wouldn't dispute the conspiracy" that Ben McDaniels -- OC Josh's younger brother -- is teaching Sam Bradford the Rams' offense during the lockout.

Neither would we. Ben was Josh's quarterbacks coach in Denver, and is currently considered "unemployed." Danario Alexander recently described Bradford as already knowing the McDaniels' offensive scheme "like the back of his hand."
The bold part above is all you have to read to further tell you the weasel McDaniels is.
What a piece of **** that cockroach is.
Once a cheat, always a cheat!

bowtown
05-27-2011, 09:04 AM
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch's Jim Thomas says he "wouldn't dispute the conspiracy" that Ben McDaniels -- OC Josh's younger brother -- is teaching Sam Bradford the Rams' offense during the lockout.

The bold part above is all you have to read to further tell you the weasel McDaniels is.
What a piece of **** that cockroach is.
Once a cheat, always a cheat!

Why is that so dispicable? I'm not trying to be a McDaniels appologist here, I'd just like to know why this is such a terrible thing to do. Seems pretty smart to me.

Drunk Monkey
05-27-2011, 09:13 AM
Why is that so dispicable? I'm not trying to be a McDaniels appologist here, I'd just like to know why this is such a terrible thing to do. Seems pretty smart to me.

It is probably a non issue rule wise since Ben is not employed. I think it bothers people because the intent is to get a competitive advantage by skirting the rules. Morally it comes off as cheating to me.

pricejj
05-27-2011, 09:18 AM
Will be interesting to see Bradford's progression this year, and the next...

bowtown
05-27-2011, 09:18 AM
It is probably a non issue rule wise since Ben is not employed. I think it bothers people because the intent is to get a competitive advantage by skirting the rules. Morally it comes off as cheating to me.

Ben McDaniels doesn't work for the Rams. You think it's cheating to have a someone familiar with a team's system working out with your players during the lockout? Every team should be doing this IMO.

Boobs McGee
05-27-2011, 09:26 AM
Lol. If there was ANY POSSIBLE WAY Timothy Richard could get this type of help, no one would bat an eye. And you're lying if you say otherwise.

rugbythug
05-27-2011, 09:27 AM
Its cheating if the raiders do it.

Smart move if the broncos do it.

Drunk Monkey
05-27-2011, 09:31 AM
Ben McDaniels doesn't work for the Rams. You think it's cheating to have a someone familiar with a team's system working out with your players during the lockout? Every team should be doing this IMO.

As I said before no I think it is a non issue rule wise. No black and white infraction has been broken.

Having said that the spirit of the rule was no coach player interaction. Morally I do not think they are living up to that. That's why it bothers me.

Boobs McGee
05-27-2011, 09:35 AM
As I said before no I think it is a non issue rule wise. No black and white infraction has been broken.

Having said that the spirit of the rule was no coach player interaction. Morally I do not think they are living up to that. That's why it bothers me.

so you can sit here and honestly tell me if john fox had someone close to him that wasn't employed by the broncos, and knew everything about his system, that you'd be morally challenged if he was working with tebow? GTFOH

ps I love that avatar. Very benny benasi like!

Drunk Monkey
05-27-2011, 09:39 AM
so you can sit here and honestly tell me if john fox had someone close to him that wasn't employed by the broncos, and knew everything about his system, that you'd be morally challenged if he was working with tebow? GTFOH

I guess it would depend on the circumstances. If Tebow and the friend of the coach found each other on their own then no I would have no issue. If the coach arranged it then ya probably. And I should probably stop saying morals and sub ethics in there.

jhns
05-27-2011, 09:40 AM

Can you think of one other example of a team doing this? What exactly does this have to do with anything then? I completely agree with the drunk monkey.

You McFans need to move on.

bowtown
05-27-2011, 09:59 AM
Can you think of one other example of a team doing this? What exactly does this have to do with anything then? I completely agree with the drunk monkey.

I'm sure many of the teams are doing this under the radar. There have also been a lot of rumors and reports around the league of actual cheating--direct contact via texts and phone calls from coaches to players.

My question is, if other teams aren't doing this, why the hell not? It's not against the lockout rules. So it's legal. Anyone can do it, so it's not some kind of unfair advantage. What in the world would stop you. It's only cheating or "unethical" if you are doing it and no one else is allowed to.

strafen
05-27-2011, 10:05 AM
I'm sure many of the teams are doing this under the radar. There have also been a lot of rumors and reports around the league of actual cheating--direct contact via texts and phone calls from coaches to players.

My question is, if other teams aren't doing this, why the hell not? It's not against the lockout rules. So it's legal. Anyone can do it, so it's not some kind of unfair advantage. What in the world would stop you. It's only cheating or "unethical" if you are doing it and no one else is allowed to.

it's wrong no matter how you slice it.
You could under the umbrella of "no rule has been broken" that is a "smart" move. You know it's a cheesey move at the very minimum. You know it, everybody knows it, you're just trying to look at it from a different angle to find the positive of the move, but it's still wrong!

bowtown
05-27-2011, 10:11 AM
it's wrong no matter how you slice it.
You could under the umbrella of "no rule has been broken" that is a "smart" move. You know it's a cheesey move at the very minimum. You know it, everybody knows it, you're just trying to look at it from a different angle to find the positive of the move, but it's still wrong!

It is legal, so it's clearly not wrong every way you slice it. I don't know what a "cheesy move" is. If it's an oppertunity that has been taken to give my team the best chance possible to win games under the current rules and guidelines, then I call it a smart move. You are the one trying to look at it from a different angle. I'm dealing in pretty straight forward right and wrong, black and white, allowed or not allowed. I think this is smart and would think so no matter which team was doing it.

Please though, I'm all ears, tell me exactly what you find so wrong about it.

Boobs McGee
05-27-2011, 10:29 AM

Blah blah blah you hate mcd, we get it. I'm simply pointing out that if OUR TEAM did the same thing with tebow, people wouldn't find fault. It's a hypothetical possibility Jhiz.

Beantown Bronco
05-27-2011, 10:33 AM
And I should probably stop saying morals and sub ethics in there.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YV9xFtchPts" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jhns
05-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Blah blah blah you hate mcd, we get it. I'm simply pointing out that if OUR TEAM did the same thing with tebow, people wouldn't find fault. It's a hypothetical possibility Jhiz.

And when this team does it, you will have an argument to make. Until then, you are speculating and presenting it as fact...

bowtown
05-27-2011, 10:47 AM
And when this team does it, you will have an argument to make. Until then, you are speculating and presenting it as fact...

Pssst... you should google the word hypothetical.

Boobs McGee
05-27-2011, 10:49 AM
LOL so I can't argue on speculation now? Thanks internet police, you obviously missed the point completely. It's an opinion, one that obviously struck a chord because your panties are all twisted. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with my statement, because it IS hypothetical. The best part is, you know I'm right because people (for the most part) wouldn't give a flying ****.

My opinion.

jhns
05-27-2011, 10:57 AM
I think a few of you need to learn the difference between a factual statement and an opinion."People will do this if it happened.", is clearly presenting something as a fact.

Play2win
05-27-2011, 10:58 AM
Spy-Gate III, here we come! :charge:

jhns
05-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Pssst... you should google the word hypothetical.

Pssst... You should learn basic language skills. The scenerio of our coaches doing this is a hypothetical situation. The results of that hypothetical situation are being presented as facts...

In other words, you guys have nothing."If that happened here, there is a chance no one would have a problem wity it!" What a great argument.

bowtown
05-27-2011, 11:03 AM
OK jhizzz. What's your feeling on this:

In continuing that scrutiny, we pass along the report from Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer (http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2011/05/dorseys-work-with-newton-key.html) that Newton is learning his playbook at the IMG Academy in Bradenton, FL with the help of former NFL quarterbacks Chris Weinke and Ken Dorsey.

Weinke, you recall, played for the Panthers (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/CAR). Dorsey may not be as snazzy a mentor (http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/29204802) as Brett Favre, but his contributions are noteworthy because he played for current Panthers offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski at the University of Miami (and briefly in Cleveland, as well). Thus, Dorsey knows most of Carolina’s new offensive system.

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/29324861

Cheating?

jhns
05-27-2011, 11:16 AM

In continuing that scrutiny, we pass along the report from Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer (http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2011/05/dorseys-work-with-newton-key.html) that Newton is learning his playbook at the IMG Academy in Bradenton, FL with the help of former NFL quarterbacks Chris Weinke and Ken Dorsey.

Weinke, you recall, played for the Panthers (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/CAR). Dorsey may not be as snazzy a mentor (http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/29204802) as Brett Favre, but his contributions are noteworthy because he played for current Panthers offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski at the University of Miami (and briefly in Cleveland, as well). Thus, Dorsey knows most of Carolina’s new offensive system.

Cheating?

I think it is a completely different situation. These are not coaches that taught this offense. There is nothing in there that shows an actual coach set it up. The rules are that coaches can't have contact, not former players. McDaniels is going directly through his brother to cheat that rule. Those QBs are at a work out facility working with the facilities normal staff. Shoot, the QB in that article(the guy working at the facility) played in college. Do you really think their coordinator is running his exact college scheme? Do you really think that guy has a detailed knowledge of the current NFL playbook being used by their coordinator? Do you think that guy has a chance of being on the Panthers staff in the next year?

Play2win
05-27-2011, 11:17 AM

Cheating?

Who's footing the bill?

Boobs McGee
05-27-2011, 11:19 AM
Ok, this time, for the slow children. No one would bat an eye if Timmy did the same thing.

Did I quote some magical story there Jhiz? Did I list imaginary statistics? No. I simply made a statement that everyone on this board knew was MY OPINION CONCERNING A HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION.

Holy **** you are ridiculous. We get it...you want to make everything about mcd. Notice, I never brought his name up, that was you. But keep fighting the good fight buddy....I'm sure some computerless kids on the southern tip of the arctic haven't heard you yet.

jhns
05-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Ok, this time, for the slow children. No one would bat an eye if Timmy did the same thing.

Did I quote some magical story there Jhiz? Did I list imaginary statistics? No. I simply made a statement that everyone on this board knew was MY OPINION CONCERNING A HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION.

Holy **** you are ridiculous. We get it...you want to make everything about mcd. Notice, I never brought his name up, that was you. But keep fighting the good fight buddy....I'm sure some computerless kids on the southern tip of the arctic haven't heard you yet.

You just stated it as a fact again....

bowtown
05-27-2011, 11:25 AM
I think it is a completely different situation. These are not coaches that taught this offense. There is nothing in there that shows an actual coach set it up.

Maybe i missed it in the other story where a St. Louis coach set these workouts up. All we actually know right now is that Bradford might be working out with Ben McDaniels. Who's to say the Bradford or his agent didn't set it up?

The rules are that coaches can't have contact, not former players. McDaniels is going directly through his brother to cheat that rule.

And after all that grandstanding about stating unknowns as facts... tsk, tsk.

Those QBs are at a work out facility working with the facilities normal staff. Shoot, the QB in that article(the guy working at the facility) played in college. Do you really think their coordinator is running his exact college scheme? Do you really think that guy has a detailed knowledge of the current NFL playbook being used by their coordinator?

He also played under him in the NFL. And yes, I think it's the job of these guys to know exactly what kind of schemes each teams run and how to help a QB prepare for that. It's their job. Let's not forget that Newton actually HAS the playbbok as well. I'm guesssing they are doing some work with it.

bowtown
05-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Who's footing the bill?

Who's footing Ben McDaniel's bill? Not the St. Louis Rams. That's all that matters.

jhns
05-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Maybe i missed it in the other story where a St. Louis coach set these workouts up. All we actually know right now is that Bradford might be working out with Ben McDaniels. Who's to say the Bradford or his agent didn't set it up?

And after all that grand standing about stating unknowns as facts... tsk, tsk.

He also played under him in the NFL. And yes, I think it's the job of these guys to know exactly what kind of schemes each teams run and how to help a QB prepare for that. It's their job. Let's not forget that Newton actually HAS the playbbok as well. I'm guesssing they are doing some work with it.

LOL

The QB is working with the coaches brother, who doesn't have any connection to anyone else in the organization, and Josh didn't set it up? What an interesting theory.

You try too hard.

jhns
05-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Who's footing Ben McDaniel's bill? Not the St. Louis Rams. That's all that matters.

Nope, just one of their staff.

bowtown
05-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Nope, just one of their staff.

Nope or they would be fined.

Boobs McGee
05-27-2011, 11:32 AM

Obviously your reading comprehension needs some updating. Carry on with your regularly scheduled hate fest.

bowtown
05-27-2011, 11:35 AM
LOL

The QB is working with the coaches brother, who doesn't have any connection to anyone else in the organization, and Josh didn't set it up? What an interesting theory.

You try too hard.

But you don't know. That's the point. Besides, last year Ben McDaniels was worthless, unexperienced, and only hired due to nepotism. What's the big deal about him mentoring Bradford in the "system"? It's not rocket science. All the rookies have the playbooks. I'm sure Newton and the rest are getting just as good a crash course from IMG or fro the veterans or whoever they have working them out.

Again, there is no rule being broken here. If there is, the NFL should shut it down, but until they do, I don't understand what's wrong about this. I'd love for someone to explain it to me.

jhns
05-27-2011, 11:35 AM
Obviously your reading comprehension needs some updating. Carry on with your regularly scheduled hate fest.

Obviously, you need some English lessons.

Here, let me help you. This question has multiple answers. Which of these statements are opinions?

A. I think this is going to happen.
B. I bet this is going to happen.
C. This is what will happen.

jhns
05-27-2011, 11:41 AM
But you don't know. That's the point. Besides, last year Ben McDaniels was a worthless, unexperienced, and only hired due to nepotism. What's the big deal about him mentoring Bradford in the "system." It's not rocket science. All the rookies have the playbooks. I'm sure Newton and the rest are getting just as good a crash course from IMG or fro the veterans or whoever they have working them out.

Again, there is no rule being broken here. If there is, the NFL should shut it down, but until they do, I don't understand what's wrong about this. I'd love for someone to explain it to me.

We have tried explaining it to you but you can't get over the guy that drove this franchise into the ground.

I would love for you to find a quote from me that said anthing about Ben McDaniels. It is funny that people try using some random opinion, from some random poster, to try proving a point....

LOL at some random ex player knowing and teaching systems as well as coaches that coached the system just months ago...

And a big LOL @ McDaniels having nothing to do with his brother being involved...

Again, you try too hard.

DBroncos4life
05-27-2011, 11:42 AM

And after all that grandstanding about stating unknowns as facts... tsk, tsk.

Yeah and some random dude for the Broncos took it on himself to video tape the 49ers practice. We've heard this crap before.

Really I don't care one way or another. It's clearly not against the rules of the NFL so why it's a big deal here is beyond me, but to think that Josh didn't play a part in them hooking up is just retarded.

bowtown
05-27-2011, 11:46 AM
Yeah and some random dude for the Broncos took it on himself to video tape the 49ers practice. We've heard this crap before.

Really I don't care one way or another. It's clearly not against the rules of the NFL so why it's a big deal here is beyond me, but to think that Josh didn't play a part in them hooking up is just retarded.

I'm not saying he didn't. But to think most of the coaching staffs out there aren't playing a part who their guys are working out with is equally stupid. (think the Broncos players set up the training sessions to be run by Steadman-Hawkins?)

And you are right, it's not against the rules, so it's nothing like the video taping, and it really shouldn't be a big deal for the Rams or any other team in the league.

TheReverend
05-27-2011, 12:21 PM

There's a decent possibility it's Bowlen, which will make me even more disgusted lol

strafen
05-27-2011, 01:36 PM
But you don't know. That's the point. Besides, last year Ben McDaniels was worthless, unexperienced, and only hired due to nepotism. What's the big deal about him mentoring Bradford in the "system"? It's not rocket science. All the rookies have the playbooks. I'm sure Newton and the rest are getting just as good a crash course from IMG or fro the veterans or whoever they have working them out.

Again, there is no rule being broken here. If there is, the NFL should shut it down, but until they do, I don't understand what's wrong about this. I'd love for someone to explain it to me.Of course there's no rules broken here.
Ben McDaniels will mist likely join the Rams this season, or whenever we have football.
He's teaching, he's coaching, therefore he's doing what the team is going to do this year under the watchful eye of Josh Mcdaniels. That's what's wrong.
Ben is pretty much a Rams coach without being one officially.
Come on dude, you're smarter than that!

strafen
05-27-2011, 01:42 PM

I think what's funny about that statement is that i can almost go back when were discussing the hiring of Ben and I could see you defending the hire as not even being nepotism. I can see in some ways you defending the hiring altogether. How times change things, huh?
If McDaniels was still our headcoach you wouldn't dare to say any of that. ;)

baja
05-27-2011, 01:53 PM
If Shanahan did this it would be all "Damn the mastermind is one clever SOB" around here.

McD does it - "He's a cheater" LOL

baja
05-27-2011, 01:55 PM
I think what's funny about that statement is that i can almost go back when were discussing the hiring of Ben and I could see you defending the hire as not even being nepotism. I can see in some ways you defending the hiring altogether. How times change things, huh?

Sarcasm - look it up...

BroncoInferno
05-27-2011, 02:01 PM
Of course there's no rules broken here.
Ben McDaniels will mist likely join the Rams this season, or whenever we have football.
He's teaching, he's coaching, therefore he's doing what the team is going to do this year under the watchful eye of Josh Mcdaniels. That's what's wrong.
Ben is pretty much a Rams coach without being one officially.
Come on dude, you're smarter than that!

If the Rams end up hiring Ben McDaniels, I'll agree with you. As things stand now, Ben is an unemployed coach with knowledge of the Rams system, and Bradford is wisely using his expert knowledge of that offense to try and get a step up of the competition without breaking any rules. There is ZERO wrong with that. If it turns out that the Rams are paying McDaniels under the table or they end up hiring him after the lockout, then I'll agree it is unethical.

jhns
05-27-2011, 02:26 PM
If Shanahan did this it would be all "Damn the mastermind is one clever SOB" around here.

Prove it.

baja
05-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Prove it.

Deny it...

Broncos_OTM
05-27-2011, 02:53 PM

I feel sorry for you.. You are a idiot ... sad

Broncos_OTM
05-27-2011, 02:56 PM
[QUOTE=jhns;3191879]LOL

i would be screwed if i was up for murder and you were my lawyer... please stay in doors today... and for the love of pete keep your helmet on

elsid13
05-27-2011, 03:05 PM

Cheating?

Well since Newton employed Weinke(who owns & runs the QB camp) and Doresy before he was drafted I wouldn't say this isn't the same thing. Ben McDaniels is not doing anything wrong, but it is grey area and you can bet that Ben and Josh are sharing information on how Bradford is doing.

bowtown
05-27-2011, 03:12 PM

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2007/05/serious_cat.jpg

You are an idiot. I was being facetious.

jhns
05-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Deny it...

Fine, it wouldn't happen.

Your argument is a failure because no one else is doing something like this. If they are, they are better at hiding it than McDaniels. The fact is, Shanahan is better than McDaniels in every way and you won't hear about this happening with him.

jhns
05-27-2011, 03:56 PM
I feel sorry for you.. You are a idiot ... sad

LOL

It is no wonder you think so. You don't understand basic English either. You may want to learn it before trying to insult someone though.

i would be screwed if i was up for murder and you were my lawyer... please stay in doors today... and for the love of pete keep your helmet on

I agree. Mostly because I would stand up and yell that you did it. It would be good times.

strafen
05-27-2011, 04:12 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2007/05/serious_cat.jpg

You are an idiot. I was being facetious.Oh, schucks!
You were really?
I thought for a minute you were smart enough to have recognized that.
My bad, you're still a moron... ROFL!

baja
05-27-2011, 04:48 PM
LOL

It is no wonder you think so. You don't understand basic English either. You may want to learn it before trying to insult someone though.

I agree. Mostly because I would stand up and yell that you did it. It would be good times.

So you admit you don't understand basic English

rmsanger
05-27-2011, 04:51 PM
have no problem with this..

WolfpackGuy
05-27-2011, 05:20 PM
Bradford would be better off with Ronald McDonald.

Boobs McGee
05-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Fine, it wouldn't happen.

Your argument is a failure because no one else is doing something like this. If they are, they are better at hiding it than McDaniels. The fact is, Shanahan is better than McDaniels in every way and you won't hear about this happening with him.

prove it.

OOOoooooo wait! You just said in the next sentence that there COULD be "cheating", but if they are, they're better at hiding it. So, you don't know for sure?

Wow. Sounds kinda hypothetical to me :thumbs:

mkporter
05-27-2011, 06:52 PM

Are you this ridiculous in real life? Or do you just like being an ass on the internet for entertainment?

Missouribronc
05-27-2011, 07:47 PM
If you idiots think ONLY close friends/relatives/former coaches had contact with players this offseason were related to or knew McDaniels, you really are completely biased and unintelligent.

This is going on all over the league right now.

scorpio
05-27-2011, 09:04 PM
Surely some of you have better things to do with your time.

oubronco
05-27-2011, 09:14 PM
I hope like hell McDipshyt doesn't ruin Bradford

Archer81
05-27-2011, 09:47 PM

QB's are the one thing he does well. Even then, who cares? He can rape the gateway arch while smoking cuban cigars staring at pictures of strafen for all we care.

:Broncos:

HAT
05-27-2011, 10:15 PM
Its cheating if the raiders do it.

Smart move if the broncos do it.

If you ain't cheatin'.....You ain't tryin'.

cutthemdown
05-27-2011, 10:21 PM

Well is he getting paid, is there a wink wink at some point he gets hired? If so then he is being compensated so it is cheating IMO.

TheReverend
05-28-2011, 07:20 AM
Brb saving thread:

http://www.jonsabo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Oprahs-Bees.gif

Dr. Broncenstein
05-28-2011, 07:30 AM
Brb saving thread:

That is rather amusing.

Pony Boy
05-28-2011, 07:44 AM
If you ain't cheatin'.....You ain't tryin'.

Its only cheating if you get caught

gyldenlove
05-28-2011, 08:20 AM
Brb saving thread:

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5J2kc4oZTVU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5J2kc4oZTVU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

HILife
05-28-2011, 08:33 AM
Don't know why people are making a big deal of this. If your not breaking the rules then there isn't a problem. It's called working the system. Seems pretty smart and thinking outside the box to me.

lostknight
05-28-2011, 08:36 AM

Because he has two superbowls, and a history of thoroughly dominating his opponents.

Because he broke the rules (by not disclosing the cheating), and had the second worst team in the NFL.

Baja, the McDaniels ship has sailed.

Bahshay
05-28-2011, 08:51 AM
Cheating is a violation of the rules. There are no rules being violated. Therefore, this is a smart play by McD.

Like him or hate him, he is certainly as competitive as they come. He will do anything to win. Which of course, makes it so much more embarrassing that he fails at winning so badly.

BTW, McD is the offensive coordinator. If Spags thought this was a bad idea, it wouldnt be going on. Clearly, the rest of the coaching staff doesn't give a **** either. My bet is (opinion form for jhns) that every other coaching staff is trying to find a way to do this as well.

BroncoInferno
05-28-2011, 09:39 AM

The passing game is the one area where players (QBs and WRs) consistently see significant improvement under his tutelage.

Drek
05-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Cheating is a violation of the rules. There are no rules being violated. Therefore, this is a smart play by McD.

Like him or hate him, he is certainly as competitive as they come. He will do anything to win. Which of course, makes it so much more embarrassing that he fails at winning so badly.

BTW, McD is the offensive coordinator. If Spags thought this was a bad idea, it wouldnt be going on. Clearly, the rest of the coaching staff doesn't give a **** either. My bet is (opinion form for jhns) that every other coaching staff is trying to find a way to do this as well.

The Browns overtly broke the NFL rules and paid a $50,000 fine so that Colt McCoy could get a copy of Pat Shurmur's new playbook.

There has been talk that if the lockout doesn't end soon other teams will follow, deciding just what level of penalty they're ok with in order to get their players "in touch" with the right people.

Danario Alexander (Rams WR who first mentioned Bradford knowing the playbook "like the back of his hand" in a local radio interview) said that in the day or so just before the draft when the lockout was temporarily lifted and other teams were chasing players away from their facilities the Rams managed to send position specific playbooks to every offensive player currently under contract. Since then Sam Bradford and James Laurinaitis, who combine for only three years of NFL experience, have gotten 37 other teammates to show up for organized workouts.

Is anyone really surprised that Bradford would have Ben McDaniels helping? This isn't Jay Cutler or Kyle Orton folks. This is a guy who planned on putting in the 65-70 hour work weeks and doing whatever it takes to make it in this league from day one. I'd say its just as likely that Bradford brought in Ben McDaniels himself.

We shouldn't be asking if this is a violation of the league's rules in spirit, we should be asking why the ****ing RAMS are owning our Broncos when it comes to working around a lock-out scenario.

Going to be a lot of butt hurt McDaniels haters around here when the Rams dominate the NFC West next season.

DBroncos4life
05-28-2011, 11:10 AM
The Browns overtly broke the NFL rules and paid a $50,000 fine so that Colt McCoy could get a copy of Pat Shurmur's new playbook.

There has been talk that if the lockout doesn't end soon other teams will follow, deciding just what level of penalty they're ok with in order to get their players "in touch" with the right people.

Danario Alexander (Rams WR who first mentioned Bradford knowing the playbook "like the back of his hand" in a local radio interview) said that in the day or so just before the draft when the lockout was temporarily lifted and other teams were chasing players away from their facilities the Rams managed to send position specific playbooks to every offensive player currently under contract. Since then Sam Bradford and James Laurinaitis, who combine for only three years of NFL experience, have gotten 37 other teammates to show up for organized workouts.

Is anyone really surprised that Bradford would have Ben McDaniels helping? This isn't Jay Cutler or Kyle Orton folks. This is a guy who planned on putting in the 65-70 hour work weeks and doing whatever it takes to make it in this league from day one. I'd say its just as likely that Bradford brought in Ben McDaniels himself.

We shouldn't be asking if this is a violation of the league's rules in spirit, we should be asking why the ****ing RAMS are owning our Broncos when it comes to working around a lock-out scenario.

Going to be a lot of butt hurt McDaniels haters around here when the Rams dominate the NFC West next season.
Dominate the NFC West? Who cares its a joke of a division.

gyldenlove
05-28-2011, 11:18 AM

That depends, there is nothing wrong with Ben Mcdaniels going through the playbook with Bradford, but if Josh Mcdaniels is telling Ben Mcdaniels how to coach Bradford then it is clearly violating the lockout.

baja
05-28-2011, 11:58 AM
That depends, there is nothing wrong with Ben Mcdaniels going through the playbook with Bradford, but if Josh Mcdaniels is telling Ben Mcdaniels how to coach Bradford then it is clearly violating the lockout.

The lockout is a violation of common sense so screw the rule.

broncolife
05-28-2011, 12:11 PM
So no one should biatch if our Hc goes around and talks to all the FAs hes intrested in. The FA are unemployed.

lostknight
05-28-2011, 12:15 PM

Depends on if there is any arrangement behind the scenes. If a certain quarterback gets re-imbursed, or another quaterback coach gets a job through this organization it's bogus. Never mind that Josh has a sketchy reputation to begin with,.

strafen
05-28-2011, 12:19 PM
What I want to know is...
Is Ben McDaniels still on the Broncos payroll?
I don't recall hearing sbout him being let go by the new regime, or is it a weasel move on his part to pretty much tell the Broncos kma, knowing tat his older brother will always get him a job...

maven
05-28-2011, 12:36 PM
Yes, I still WOULD have Coach Mac here instead of the new regime...

broncosteven
05-28-2011, 01:28 PM
I think it is more important that Bradford works with the WR he is going to Chuck it deep to.

That and a poor run game are hallmarks of the mCd O.

CEH
05-28-2011, 06:19 PM
The biggest non story of the year. Ben McDonald took a break from teaching Glee club in Ohio to work with Bradford. And this proves what? Not much. No one in the Natl media is talking this story up after it was posted on PFT. It only has legs on the McD vs Anti McD messageboards

Rex Ryan on the other hand decided to seek the advice of Joe Gibbs who might have some advice on how to prepare for a strike shorten season.

AlienBronco
05-28-2011, 07:05 PM

He better make an impact, or else his next coaching job will be in the CFL.

My..My.. how far he has fallen, coaching in the AFC East>>>>AFC West>NFC West.Next stop CFL!Hilarious!

STBumpkin
05-28-2011, 08:23 PM
I think it is a completely different situation. These are not coaches that taught this offense. There is nothing in there that shows an actual coach set it up. The rules are that coaches can't have contact, not former players. McDaniels is going directly through his brother to cheat that rule. Those QBs are at a work out facility working with the facilities normal staff. Shoot, the QB in that article(the guy working at the facility) played in college. Do you really think their coordinator is running his exact college scheme? Do you really think that guy has a detailed knowledge of the current NFL playbook being used by their coordinator? Do you think that guy has a chance of being on the Panthers staff in the next year?

Those former players are acting as coachs by coaching Newton on their former coache's system. They are coaches, but they are not acting (in a way that can be proven) as an agent of the panthers. Same with the Rams. This is the same situation.

strafen
05-28-2011, 08:52 PM
So, is he, or is he (B. McD) not on the Broncos payroll?

Missouribronc
05-28-2011, 09:01 PM
So, is he, or is he (B. McD) not on the Broncos payroll?

Try reading the OP. It helps.

Play2win
05-28-2011, 10:27 PM
Those former players are acting as coachs by coaching Newton on their former coache's system. They are coaches, but they are not acting (in a way that can be proven) as an agent of the panthers. Same with the Rams. This is the same situation.

I'm still wondering who is footing Cam Newton's bill? If it is Cam himself, where exactly did that money come from?

Drunk Monkey
05-29-2011, 06:23 AM
I'm still wondering who is footing Cam Newton's bill? If it is Cam himself, where exactly did that money come from?

I think the agents give pay advances for some of the larger names.

elsid13
05-29-2011, 07:40 AM
I think the agents give pay advances for some of the larger names.

You are correct.

strafen
05-29-2011, 08:35 AM
Ok. I've got the answer to my question. I guess we have a new QB coach in Adam Gase.
I thought Ben was still under contract with us...

The entire staff (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/football-operations.html) is as follows:

John Fox (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/coaches/John-Fox/3e112110-7d96-489b-937a-d3a43c25be77) - Head Coach
Dennis Allen (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/coaches/Dennis-Allen/4a26681e-8838-4c67-a16c-903b0923053a) - Defensive Coordinator
Mike McCoy (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/coaches/Mike-McCoy/d0f303a8-afba-4f0d-926a-f19dc6731bce) - Offensive Coordinator
Jeff Rodgers (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/coaches/Jeff-Rodgers/226e1d3c-fc4d-4114-ad69-dc7427472037) - Special Teams Coordinator
Clancy Barone (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/coaches/Clancy-Barone/fa486afc-3fa6-4733-9c9d-a497fc0f87d9) - Tight Ends
Keith Burns (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/coaches/Keith-Burns/8be9b559-a10f-48d4-8300-f2a38bb4e05d) - Assistant Special Teams
Brian Callahan (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/coaches/Brian-Callahan/e440c8e0-e27b-4898-9dc1-7ad3ea5f200c) - Quality Control-Offense
Sam Garnes (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/coaches/Sam-Garnes/72365834-f887-4905-82f3-fb445fb35d3e) - Assistant Secondary
Adam Gase (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/coaches/Adam-Gase/cc4c3c3f-8bb4-41b0-bb63-9788bf10b751) - Quarterbacks
Justin Lovett (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/coaches/Justin-Lovett/346ffb05-c2d4-4a31-88a5-91022b57b975) - Strength and Conditioning Assistant
Dave Magazu (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/coaches/Dave-Magazu/fe80848f-4a5e-49a8-b08c-7d4e97b898df) - Offensive Line
Ron Milus (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/coaches/Ron-Milus/aa7003f9-7364-4f03-83a4-b781d392a342) - Secondary
Wayne Nunnely (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/coaches/Waynde-Nunnely/d9cd874a-7e9c-4255-895e-0983ff6be6cc) - Defensive Line
Jay Rodgers (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/coaches/Jay-Rodgers/6e90f941-fa9b-4782-a124-7054081b39e1) - Quality Control-Defense
Greg Saporta (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/coaches/Greg-Saporta/1b626c9a-91c0-4837-b586-77b917720389) - Strength and Conditioning Assistant
Richard Smith (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/coaches/Richard-Smith/0cb4a011-2a6f-4c52-887f-ee4baff347f6) - Linebackers
Eric Studesville (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/coaches/Eric-Studesville/6a851504-a376-4c81-8e14-93739624ca93) - Running Backs
Tyke Tolbert (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/coaches/Tyke-Tolbert/3eaabef1-b1b5-40c0-abde-515b1b866e19) - Wide Receivers
Rich Tuten (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/coaches/Rich-Tuten/051b4e05-fdb9-4d9d-ab9a-ee8e5fd090cc) - Strength and Conditioning
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> s_analytics_prop1 = '2011 Coaching Staff Finalized'; s_analytics_prop4 = 'Gray Caldwell'; s_analytics_prop11 = 'ffa21c87-724f-4b9a-9159-a3598a629d3a'; s_analytics_prop12 = '2011 Coaching Staff Finalized'; s_analytics_prop13 = 'Gray Caldwell'; $(document).ready(nflcs.gbl.mod.Article.init) </SCRIPT>

bowtown
05-29-2011, 08:40 AM
Thank you Carl Bernstein. Really top-notch snooping there.

strafen
05-29-2011, 08:45 AM
Thank you Carl Bernstein. Really top-notch snooping there.I appreciate it ^5