PDA

View Full Version : Why Do People Hate & Bash John Elway?

ICON
05-26-2011, 08:01 PM
FootballsFuture.com

http://www.broncosgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/john-elway.jpg

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=448204

Garcia Bronco
05-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Who!? Who will not wear the ribbon!?!

enjolras
05-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Haters gonna hate

Missouribronc
05-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Because message boards like that are full of idiots...

Missouribronc
05-26-2011, 08:06 PM
And most of them aren't even old enough to have watched any of Elway's games, or old enough to comprehend the complete lack of talent around Elway when he lost the first three Super Bowls.

It's just stupid.

TDmvp
05-26-2011, 08:07 PM
http://www.surveymagnet.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/who_cares2a.jpg
Who cares ... Not you Icon but those who think that way.

What is a better question ... IS this .... If you type who cares into google image search like half way down you find Icon's Avatar or at least a version of it...

The net is spooky sometimes LOL ...

http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/1001/olympic-moments-uhm-anyone-remember-the-score-oh-who-cares-g-demotivational-poster-1262568827.jpg

Who cares search
http://www.google.com/search?q=who+cares&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1024&bih=649

ICON
05-26-2011, 08:16 PM
http://www.surveymagnet.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/who_cares2a.jpg
Who cares ... Not you Icon but those who think that way.

What is a better question ... IS this .... If you type who cares into google image search like half way down you find Icon's Avatar or at least a version of it...

The net is spooky sometimes LOL ...

http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/1001/olympic-moments-uhm-anyone-remember-the-score-oh-who-cares-g-demotivational-poster-1262568827.jpg

Who cares search
http://www.google.com/search?q=who+cares&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1024&bih=649Why do they open Their mouth at all. They clearly had nothing intelligent to say. It just gets to me!

That is spooky thanks.

DomCasual
05-26-2011, 08:17 PM
Well, that's just stupid.

I love that he said he could write a whole essay on it, though. Who wouldn't want to read such an essay from a guy as highly thought of as GaTechRavens?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-26-2011, 08:34 PM
Because they're jealous douche nuggets?

What did I win?

TDmvp
05-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Why do they open Their mouth at all. They clearly had nothing intelligent to say. It just gets to me!

That is spooky thanks.

I think most of them never watched him , and listened to a lot of national media and crap like the Simpsons Elway dis and just went with what they heard.

Heck I have never been to Denver in my life and the first time I seen Elway play on T.V. Denver was instantly my adopted hometown ...

Dude did things I'd never seen before from a Qb and had nothing around him.

John Elway , Walter Payton ... The 2 greatest players I have ever seen.

ICON
05-26-2011, 08:40 PM
And most of them aren't even old enough to have watched any of Elway's games, or old enough to comprehend the complete lack of talent around Elway when he lost the first three Super Bowls.

It's just stupid.Elway, even though he hardly had a great team to work with, he was the perfect quarterback.. He could scramble, hit the long ball, short ball, touch passes, highly accurate, and could amazingly throw mad bullets on the run.

enjolras
05-26-2011, 08:41 PM
Keep in mind that there are getting to be a fair number of folks old enough to post in those forums who never saw Elway play a single down.

ICON
05-26-2011, 08:43 PM

It's just stupid.I know Missouribronc Elway perfected the 2 minute drive..he also threw across his body to the opposite end of the field with speed and accuracy. That is not my opinion that is fact. Granted it looks better for you when you WIN the Superbowl games but they are putting way too much on the Superbowl and not his overall performance.

broncofan2438
05-26-2011, 08:59 PM
Dont hate the player, hate the game

Killericon
05-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Because message boards like that are full of idiots...

We would know...

NUB
05-26-2011, 10:06 PM
Meh. That guy is clearly about 12 and also an idiot as he wrote a fairly lengthy dialogue only to make literally 99.9% of it irrelevant by putting the most polarizing statement in his very first sentence.

BroncoMan4ever
05-26-2011, 11:17 PM
Who!? Who will not wear the ribbon!?!

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rGaqI20WHyk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

great episode. :thumbsup:

maven
05-26-2011, 11:31 PM
Only QB to start 5 SB's.

'nuff said

Archer81
05-26-2011, 11:45 PM
John Elway is an all time great. He took a team to 5 superbowls. He was NFL MVP. 3rd guy to hit 300 touchdown passes. 50,000 passing yards. He is pure awesome.

:Broncos:

Jack1118son
05-27-2011, 06:51 AM

It's just stupid.

Right, good point. Not to mention the competitive advantage their opponents had in those Super Bowls as well. It wasn't even close. I love how the herd loves to forget. It had been 13 years since an AFC team hoisted the Lombardi when we toppled the Pack. The AFC was just starting to catch up. When the Patriots started winning, that competitive disadvantage was no longer in place.

dsmoot
05-27-2011, 09:57 AM
I know Missouribronc Elway perfected the 2 minute drive..he also threw across his body to the opposite end of the field with speed and accuracy. That is not my opinion that is fact. Granted it looks better for you when you WIN the Superbowl games but they are putting way too much on the Superbowl and not his overall performance.

Elway perfected the 2 minute drive??? Please spare me the humor. I was fortunate to see and root for Unitas and Elway. The QB position wasn't invented by Elway. He certainly was a great QB but he didn't perfect anything.

Garcia Bronco
05-27-2011, 10:22 AM
There are 10 QB's I want no part of as an opponent in NFL history with the game on the line

Otto Graham
Jonny U
Joe Montana
Dan Marino
Brett Favre
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
John Elway
Roger Staubach
Steve Young

Now out of all those guys there are only 5 I want QBing my team

Unitus, Montana, Graham, Manning or Elway

If I had to pick one...I am taking John Elway.

i4jelway7
05-27-2011, 10:22 AM
elway = god

Garcia Bronco
05-27-2011, 10:23 AM
It's also worth mentioning that the only two in my list that have lived up to the pre-NFL-hype are Manning and Elway.

DomCasual
05-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Elway perfected the 2 minute drive??? Please spare me the humor. I was fortunate to see and root for Unitas and Elway. The QB position wasn't invented by Elway. He certainly was a great QB but he didn't perfect anything.

The most come-from-behind 4th quarter wins in history would argue otherwise.

Bronco Yoda
05-27-2011, 10:57 AM

It's just stupid.

^this

Play2win
05-27-2011, 11:13 AM
elway = god

Yeah, we got that Trinity thing working for us now!! :thumbsup:

Pony Boy
05-27-2011, 01:37 PM
When teams search for a QB in the draft they put up a poster of Elway and say

"this is what we are looking for"

dsmoot
05-27-2011, 03:34 PM
The most come-from-behind 4th quarter wins in history would argue otherwise.

I bet I didn't miss two of Elway's comebacks and not more than 5 of his games throughout his career, thrilling everyone of them? Not really. Many of these were statistically not in the last two minutes of a game on the last drive of the game. Don't take me wrong, I recognize and was thrilled by John Elway's ability to produce in pressure situations. The best at it? Nah. I would take Unitas, last drive of the game, behind, no other opportunities left. Sorry. Elway was better from a physical standpoint than Unitas. Unitas was a better leader, called his own plays in those situations and was just icy cool. I consider myself very fortunate to see both of these guys play and enjoyed every game.

Blart
05-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Imagine if GM's refused to watch any game tape, and drafted players based on stats.

To the kids in that thread: If you didn't watch the games, if you're like most of America and only watched Broncos in the Super Bowl(s), you don't know Elway.

lookin' glass
05-27-2011, 04:04 PM
There are 10 QB's I want no part of as an opponent in NFL history with the game on the line

Otto Graham
Jonny U
Joe Montana
Dan Marino
Brett Favre
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
John Elway
Roger Staubach
Steve Young

Now out of all those guys there are only 5 I want QBing my team

Unitus, Montana, Graham, Manning or Elway

If I had to pick one...I am taking John Elway.

I look at it from the team perspective. Take each of those QBs put them on the same Bronco teams Elway played on - coaching included - and ask yourself how would they fair? Put Elway on their teams and ask the same question.

DomCasual
05-27-2011, 04:04 PM
I bet I didn't miss two of Elway's comebacks and not more than 5 of his games throughout his career, thrilling everyone of them? Not really. Many of these were statistically not in the last two minutes of a game on the last drive of the game. Don't take me wrong, I recognize and was thrilled by John Elway's ability to produce in pressure situations. The best at it? Nah. I would take Unitas, last drive of the game, behind, no other opportunities left. Sorry. Elway was better from a physical standpoint than Unitas. Unitas was a better leader, called his own plays in those situations and was just icy cool. I consider myself very fortunate to see both of these guys play and enjoyed every game.

Well, I never watched Unitas, other than in highlights (I did watch all of Elway's career). So, I can't argue with you there. And let's face it - we're talking about two of the greatest, under any circumstances.

I know B-Love would argue differently, if he saw this. But I think Elway would have stats that would be a lot different had he a different coach throughout most of his career. His comebacks would be less; his interceptions would have been less; his TDs would have been higher; and he would have had about 10,000-15,000 more yards. Reeves didn't coach him to throw more than about 3,000 yards and 15-20 TDs a year.

So, just for argument's sake, what would we be saying about Elway if he would have ended up with 65,000 yards, 450 TDs, and 150 Ints? It's much clearer, then, where he stands all-time.

gunns
05-27-2011, 04:25 PM

I too was fortunate to see Unitas, he was a great QB, played with some semi talented teams also but he didn't invent the position either, and the guy you are responding to didn't say Elway did. Elway did perfect the 2 minute drill. That's not degrading Unitas or any other QB who operated the 2 minute drill with finesse. It's just a fact.

rmsanger
05-27-2011, 04:47 PM
There isn't a single Broncos fan that shouldn't love the man.. He's a walking hero!

WolfpackGuy
05-27-2011, 05:30 PM
Just a pissed off former Baltimore Colts fan.

I bet Elway TODAY could still put up good numbers in this two hand touch league.

About the only thing the guy was right on was the "hiring of one of the worst coaches in history" comment.

dsmoot
05-27-2011, 07:23 PM
I too was fortunate to see Unitas, he was a great QB, played with some semi talented teams also but he didn't invent the position either, and the guy you are responding to didn't say Elway did. Elway did perfect the 2 minute drill. That's not degrading Unitas or any other QB who operated the 2 minute drill with finesse. It's just a fact.e

Perfecting the 2 minute drill is an opinion not a fact. In Unitas time, he was recognized as the master of the 2 minute drill. It was the championship in 58 that brought that element of his game to national recognition. The end of the 58 game is not unlike the AFC championship vs Cleveland in 1986. Then along came Joe Montana and he was recognized as the master of the 2 minute drill especially in the SB vs Cincy. Denver fans remember the game vs KC, head to head with Elway where John brought Denver from behind as he did only to be upstaged by the "Master" of the 2 minute drill. Of course Denver fans remember those games vs Cleveland, Houston, KC and others where John did his magic.

You know what they say about opinions. Guess what, in the next 10 years, there will be another QB that will talked about in the same regard and someone will be saying, Elway was good but this guy ... he perfected the 2 minute drill.