PDA

View Full Version : So angry

uk bronco
04-29-2011, 05:19 PM
we have major major holes on d line. I was ok with miller due to his upside but \WTF no DTs. shouldnt have gone drinking before this round

Bob's your Information Minister
04-29-2011, 05:21 PM
broncos gonna stop running games with magic beans

doonwise
04-29-2011, 05:21 PM
lol

doonwise
04-29-2011, 05:22 PM
I was worried that nobody would be melting down this year (my favorite part of the draft). Thanks UK!

bpc
04-29-2011, 05:23 PM
FYI, we're a year away from winning. Maybe there is a FA and we go into and pick up Brandon Mebane.

All the DT's we want are still on the board for our 3rd round pick. I'm calling J Casey if he's there.

Houshyamama
04-29-2011, 05:23 PM
http://daysofyorr.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/z-chernobyl-meltdown.jpg

elsid13
04-29-2011, 05:24 PM
FYI, we're a year away from winning. Maybe there is a FA and we go into and pick up Brandon Mebane.

All the DT's we want are still on the board for our 3rd round pick. I'm calling J Casey if he's there.

A smart pick at DT

spdirty
04-29-2011, 05:26 PM
We better move up to take one of the DTs. God this ****ing pisses me off.

spdirty
04-29-2011, 05:29 PM
When was the last time we even remotely gave a **** about DT? I mean to the point where we did more than just picking up fatboys off the street and plugging them in? FML. :(

bpc
Obviously the scouts and FO's feel something about these DT's or they would be flying off the board. I watched Austin and he sorta goes off and does his own thing. Ball heads right, he's running left. He's extremely hot and cold on the field and undisciplined.

I like S. Paea as much as the next guy but he's undersized and he tore up his knee a little in post-season all-star games. His power and explosion is needed to be affective at the next level. Maybe he's not 100%?

I think our FO has went BPA. No complaints from me.

BroncoInferno
Loved the Moore pick. I also like Franklin as a prospect. We can plug that mean SOB in at either RT or LG (if they decide play Beadles at RT). But with Paea and Austin still on the board, I can't be happy about the pick. We have nothing but two decent rotation guys signed at DT. The only hope is Paea, Austin or Kendrick Ellis slide into the 3rd (not likely. 1st pick I don't like. Like the prospect, don't like what we left on the board.

beardedwonder
04-29-2011, 05:30 PM
Clearly you all know better than fox elway and Xander

spdirty
04-29-2011, 05:31 PM
Obviously the scouts and FO's feel something about these DT's or they would be flying off the board.

Matt Russell and co. had better have had a lot of input into this. They better not have just said "OK, Fox had his pick, Elway had his pick, here you go Xanders." If Xanders had anything to do with this I'm gonna piss on my wifes pillow.

BroncoInferno
04-29-2011, 05:32 PM
Obviously the scouts and FO's feel something about these DT's or they would be flying off the board.

That's what I am guessing. The Miami kid is really a nice prospect, a mean SOB who can play RT or guard, so I don't hate the player we got, but man....what the hell are we gonna do at DT? Maybe Paea, Austin or Ellis slide into the 3rd. I'll reserve final judgement until the rest of the draft plays out. I love the first two picks and the trade down.

tsiguy96
04-29-2011, 05:32 PM
paea and austin STILL on the board...they took the guy that absolutely fills a need on this team, mayock called "mean, nasty" etc. thats the top of guy you want in the trenches.

Jesterhole
04-29-2011, 05:33 PM
Pretty f-ing upset myself. How many coaching staffs in a row are going to completely ignore the freaking defensive line?

Complete waste of a 2nd round....

Broncoman13
04-29-2011, 05:34 PM
Don't know a lot about Franklin, but it sounds like he is a mast SOB!

bpc
04-29-2011, 05:34 PM
Here's the deal, we have holes across the board. Take your pick on the highest rated guy to fill them and go from there. We're still at least a year away from doing much of anything.

spdirty
04-29-2011, 05:35 PM
Well now we'll take a wide receiver with our 3rd.

Broncoman13
04-29-2011, 05:36 PM
For everyone crying about DLine, you realize that everyone else is passing on the DTs too.

bpc
04-29-2011, 05:36 PM
If it's Little from UNC, i'd be ok with that.

We want BPA available.

bpc
04-29-2011, 05:37 PM
I really wanted Leshoure from Illinois. I thought he was the best HB coming into the draft.

eddie mac
04-29-2011, 05:40 PM

Same as we all knew better than Shanahan or McDaniels over the past 10 drafts.Hilarious!

spdirty
04-29-2011, 05:42 PM

Dont ****ing start that ****. 90% of us knew better than X and his old partner.

crush17
04-29-2011, 05:59 PM
Holy **** some of you are babies. YOU DON'T RUN THIS TEAM AND YOU NEVER WILL.

Get that through your thick headed skulls for ****s sake!

uk bronco
04-29-2011, 06:05 PM

okay i have calmed down a bit and am happyish with the picks. they are both good players but i just dont like how we are not addressing our BIGGEST need at DT

crush17
04-29-2011, 06:09 PM
The draft is and always will be a crapshoot.

Paea and Austin could blow their knees out day 1 of training camp. We could draft a DT in the 3rd, 4th, or 5th round who turns out to be a pro bowl player for years.

Its never a guarantee, so to get so damn upset about it is absolutely stupid.

Kaylore
04-29-2011, 06:10 PM
I was worried that nobody would be melting down this year (my favorite part of the draft). Thanks UK!

I totally agree.

broncocalijohn
04-29-2011, 06:14 PM

Then why do u give your opinion? We are fans and can give our opinion at the mane as we like.. wtf is wrrong with you.

crush17
04-29-2011, 06:15 PM
I didn't say nobody could have an opinion, did I??

Drunk Monkey
04-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Well 4 picks and no QB. At least we got that going for us.

yerner
04-29-2011, 06:58 PM
it is dissapointing. don't worry though. we have jamal williams.

UberBroncoMan
04-29-2011, 07:03 PM
it is dissapointing. don't worry though. we had jamal williams.

He's a released FA now.

uk bronco
04-29-2011, 07:04 PM
ok seriously unless we have some super secret DT plan we are screwed

Atwater His Ass
04-29-2011, 07:06 PM
You don't get quality DT's through FA. Part time / role players / rotation guys are the best you can hope for.

As fans of the Broncos, you should be well versed in this by now.

I also don't understand the "we're a few seasons away" logic. I mean yeah, we are, but DT's take a couple years to develop, so we should have used this opportunity to start building now.

The Miller pick I think everyone can be ok with, just because of his talent coupled with the fact that at least it was a front 7 pick. But taking Franklin was pretty inexcusable in my mind. Either trade down again or pick up a DT.

Hey, but at least we stayed away from Bowers.

bronco militia
04-29-2011, 07:07 PM
my draft face

http://www.gossipberry.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/wtf-the-black-hulk-319x400.jpg

Archer81
04-29-2011, 07:08 PM
So the NFL draft is just three rounds now?

:Broncos:

footstepsfrom#27
04-29-2011, 07:09 PM
For everyone crying about DLine, you realize that everyone else is passing on the DTs too.
You mean like the Giants and Bears? Oh wait...

footstepsfrom#27
04-29-2011, 07:14 PM
The draft is and always will be a crapshoot.

Paea and Austin could blow their knees out day 1 of training camp. We could draft a DT in the 3rd, 4th, or 5th round who turns out to be a pro bowl player for years.

Its never a guarantee, so to get so damn upset about it is absolutely stupid.
And you might win the lottery too, but will you quit your job first in the hope of that?

Face it...we suck at drafting, we always have and always will as long as Pat Bowlen owns this team. Go back and look at our drafts over time...they basically reflect the same strategy over time. One individual is running this show, and the fact that the philosophy never changes even though the regime does...that's the telling fact.

Archer81
04-29-2011, 07:15 PM
And you might win the lottery too, but will you quit your job first in the hope of that?

Face it...we suck at drafting, we always have and always will as long as Pat Bowlen owns this team. Go back and look at our drafts over time...they basically reflect the same strategy over time. One individual is running this show, and the fact that the philosophy never changes even though the regime does...that's the telling fact.

Or they are really going BPA and the defensive tackles everyone here loves are not as highly thought of at Dove Valley?

Chill out man.

montrose
04-29-2011, 07:16 PM
We've seen enough, bring back McDaniels.

yerner
04-29-2011, 07:18 PM
He's a released FA now.

i was kidding. i was a huge elway fan. big fox fan. i don't like this draft. i think they passed on good players.

broncosteven
04-29-2011, 07:19 PM
You mean like the Giants and Bears? Oh wait...

duh bears DL has been piss poor since Tommie Harris got hurt, with Gains Adams dieing they had to go and open the pocket book for Peppers but they have missed on just as many DLmen as Shanny has over the last 5 years.

crush17
04-29-2011, 07:19 PM
LOL

Mogulseeker
04-29-2011, 07:20 PM
Loved the Moore pick. I also like Franklin as a prospect. We can plug that mean SOB in at either RT or LG (if they decide play Beadles at RT). But with Paea and Austin still on the board, I can't be happy about the pick. We have nothing but two decent rotation guys signed at DT. The only hope is Paea, Austin or Kendrick Ellis slide into the 3rd (not likely. 1st pick I don't like. Like the prospect, don't like what we left on the board.

I cannot see Beadles being successful at RT as much as at LG... I think the Franklin guy should play RT - wingspan.

BroncoInferno
04-29-2011, 07:21 PM

You are the biggest know-it all douchebag on the board (well, maybe second to drama llama). I love how you think you know better than guys who actually scout for a living. Every pick was a "need" pick. Every pick was a high character, high motor guy with a great chance to start at positions of need. What do you do for a living? How would you feel about Elway jumping in off the cuff and telling you that your decision making "sucks" in your field, especially before the results of your decision are known?

broncosteven
04-29-2011, 07:21 PM
We've seen enough, bring back McDaniels.

I wonder if he floated the idea in the St. Louis war room to draft Mallett to up the competition at the position before Belly did.

BroncoInferno
04-29-2011, 07:22 PM
I cannot see Beadles being successful at RT as much as at LG... I think the Franklin guy should play RT - wingspan.

Be fine with that. I agree, I thought our OL got MUCH better in the 2nd half of the season when Beadles slid inside to LG.

rugbythug
04-29-2011, 07:22 PM

This is crazy talk

crush17
04-29-2011, 07:24 PM
You are the biggest know-it all douchebag on the board (well, maybe second to drama llama). I love how you think you know better than guys who actually scout for a living. Every pick was a "need" pick. Every pick was a high character guy with a great chance to start at positions of need. What do you do for a living? How would you feel about Elway jumping in off the cuff and telling you that your decision making "sucks" in your field, especially before the results of your decision are known?

seriously.

now that he draft picks have been made, footsteps gets to go back to being a total know it all douchebag because the people who are paid to do this job and have dedicated their lives to this sport didn't pick the players HE thought they should pick.

what a pathetic existence.

OrangeSe7en
04-29-2011, 07:25 PM
You don't get quality DT's through FA. Part time / role players / rotation guys are the best you can hope for.

As fans of the Broncos, you should be well versed in this by now.

I also don't understand the "we're a few seasons away" logic. I mean yeah, we are, but DT's take a couple years to develop, so we should have used this opportunity to start building now.

The Miller pick I think everyone can be ok with, just because of his talent coupled with the fact that at least it was a front 7 pick. But taking Franklin was pretty inexcusable in my mind. Either trade down again or pick up a DT.

Hey, but at least we stayed away from Bowers.

Not normally but last I checked, there were going to be some decent DTs this year. I remember Shaun Rogers being one.

BroncoInferno
04-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Not normally but last I checked, there were going to be some decent DTs this year. I remember Shaun Rogers being one.

Mebane from Seattle would be a good pick up. Hell, still some quality guys on the board in the draft.

KO5K
04-29-2011, 07:30 PM
Mebane from Seattle would be a good pick up. Hell, still some quality guys on the board in the draft.

lol

BroncoInferno
04-29-2011, 07:33 PM
lol

You don't like Nevis or Ellis?

OBF1
04-29-2011, 07:37 PM
This thread should be renamed the Orangemane Whiner's club.

gunns
04-29-2011, 07:44 PM
I think this is the first draft in years I haven't had a melt down. I am absolutely thrilled with the first 3 picks, don't know much about the 4th, but we fulfilled needs. It's the happiest I've been with a Bronco draft in probably....**** I can't remember being this happy, except when we traded for Elway. But damn, we got us a safety! I'm thrilled!

I am also disappointed in the lack of DT's and I'm not going to say the FO knows more than I do because they never have in the past. But this is a different FO and I'll wait to see what happens. Besides the fact I doubt Denver is going far this year anyway, by next year we do need to have the pieces in place. It is perplexing how Denver seens to avoid the DT position like the plague.....or draft crap DT's.

Hulamau
04-29-2011, 08:16 PM
Here's the deal, we have holes across the board. Take your pick on the highest rated guy to fill them and go from there. We're still at least a year away from doing much of anything.

True enough. Was a bit surprised myself but Fox basically told us all this last night when he said he is absolutely taking the BPA on their board after landing Miller .. no exception for what the public might clamor for. He also indicated there are a number of Dline solutions even if jstu for a few years in FA to fill need areas IF in their opinion the available DTs when they pick were not the BPA ( I'm paraphrasing some but this is in essence what he said.

Imagine they'll grab at least one developmental DT in 4, 5 or 6th round now with the extra two picks ( which was a good thing). But I really think they wanted to get highest quality picks at each spot here in their opinion, and then fill in for the need area with FA this year.

As BPC said, we are NOT going to the SB this year in any event, and the rebuild is at least a two year job.

Perhaps they feel if they didn't take an NFL ready DT in the first round like Dareus who could play right away, then they were better off this year loading up the Dline in FA with players who can plug in right away and then add DT in later in this draft or next year...

That's my guess to their philosophy. ON Franklin, if Harris is gone its true we definitely have a must need there and its very hard to find a ready to play OT from the 3rd round on down.

In any event, the guys they got all seem solid for their positions. They really do have to plug in a healthy Kris Jenkins ( if such a thing is possible and he still has knees??, a Mebane or maybe a Hanesworth-like guy in FA...guys that can start and play at a high level right away while perhaps some of the second and lower round DTs they feel might need a year to be solid starters??

In any event, I seriously doubt Fox is starting the season with Vickerson as our only viable DT! Lets see what plays out the last 5 picks and in FA first before breaking out the cyanide!! :) I'm willing to give them that and like what they have added, though not as familiar with Irving yet.

We have improved the team already significantly and landed a true bone-fide STUD in Miller. Rahim Moore I like a lot too and Irving might be decent.. Franklin looks like a real road grader and may well have been the best Oline-man on the board at the pick ... time will tell?

eddie mac
04-29-2011, 08:46 PM
Someone needs to tell Foxy that he'll only be able to sign 6 year vets whenever FA starts. Maybe they'll evaluate the talent out there and decide that Jamal Williams and Justin Bannan need to be re-signed.Hilarious!

Broncojef
04-29-2011, 08:58 PM
Probably a couple of fat boys high on the chart that just fell off the board too quick so they traded back. Can't be too upset though, I mean throw a dart and you'll find a position we need to upgrade. The fact of the matter is we need tons of help and we just don't have too much talent left after the last crew. It will be a couple years before we contend and there will be guys to be had in FA.

Steve Sewell
04-29-2011, 09:36 PM
Matt Russell and co. had better have had a lot of input into this. They better not have just said "OK, Fox had his pick, Elway had his pick, here you go Xanders." If Xanders had anything to do with this I'm gonna piss on my wifes pillow.

Oh lord if only we could have signatures back, this would be mine (bolded)

Steve Sewell
04-29-2011, 09:47 PM
Also, footsteps needs a Snickers bar.

driver
04-29-2011, 11:12 PM
Miller, Franklin. yes!
Moore, Irving. All i can say is they're both small. But, they are kinda slow!

Archer81
04-29-2011, 11:42 PM
Miller, Franklin. yes!

Moore is the same size as Ed Reed (Both are 5'11 and 200 lbs). Moore ran a 4.58. Reed ran a 4.57...I am not suggesting that Moore = Reed, but the measurables are similar.

Irving is 6'1, 240 and ran a 4.74. Patrick Willis is 6'1 and 240 ran a 4.62, David Harris is 6'2, 243 and ran a 4.59, Rey Maualuga is 6'2, 250 and ran 4.78, James Laurinaitis is 6'2, 245. He ran a 4.76...

Neither player can realistically be called slow or small. Unless you were being facetious.

schaaf
04-29-2011, 11:43 PM
Miller, Franklin. yes!

they're slow? Moore ran a 4.45 thats pretty damn quick for a safety... and Irving is known for his speed

Great analysis there

cutthemdown
04-30-2011, 03:54 AM
You shouldn't ever draft based on what position the fans think you need most. Fact is many units plays as bad as the dline. Every draft is the same. If they players you chose end up being solid NFL starters its a good draft.

People want DT, i understand that but just because the draft had them doesn't mean they will be good players. Our linebacking stunk last yr just as bad as the dline did. Hopefully this draft fixes the dline, helps at FS, and at oline. Really the guards for Denver last yr played every but as bad as the DT did.

Gort
04-30-2011, 08:30 AM
Moore is the same size as Ed Reed (Both are 5'11 and 200 lbs). Moore ran a 4.58. Reed ran a 4.57...I am not suggesting that Moore = Reed, but the measurables are similar.

Irving is 6'1, 240 and ran a 4.74. Patrick Willis is 6'1 and 240 ran a 4.62, David Harris is 6'2, 243 and ran a 4.59, Rey Maualuga is 6'2, 250 and ran 4.78, James Laurinaitis is 6'2, 245. He ran a 4.76...

Neither player can realistically be called slow or small. Unless you were being facetious.

moore = 5 letters
reed = 4 letters

no comparison whatsoever. apples and oranges. i'd ask you what you've been smoking, but i'm afraid of the answer.

Beantown Bronco
04-30-2011, 08:34 AM
Anyone else find themselves needing to pop a few ambien last night after that train wreck of a draft..........only to wake up in the middle of the basement next to a big pile of feces? I really hope it was one of my dogs.

eddie mac
04-30-2011, 08:37 AM
Anyone else find themselves needing to pop a few ambien last night after that train wreck of a draft..........only to wake up in the middle of the basement next to a big pile of feces? I really hope it was one of my dogs.

It was John Fox, he really **** the bed yesterday.

broncobum6162
04-30-2011, 08:37 AM
I agree 100%. You described my opinion better than I ever could. (I tried to in my thread on "Not Understanding the Hate". Maybe they have something under their sleeve that we'll never understand. After all John Elway is "God" right? :thumbsup:

I think this is the first draft in years I haven't had a melt down. I am absolutely thrilled with the first 3 picks, don't know much about the 4th, but we fulfilled needs. It's the happiest I've been with a Bronco draft in probably....**** I can't remember being this happy, except when we traded for Elway. But damn, we got us a safety! I'm thrilled!

I am also disappointed in the lack of DT's and I'm not going to say the FO knows more than I do because they never have in the past. But this is a different FO and I'll wait to see what happens. Besides the fact I doubt Denver is going far this year anyway, by next year we do need to have the pieces in place. It is perplexing how Denver seens to avoid the DT position like the plague.....or draft crap DT's.

Rohirrim
04-30-2011, 08:39 AM

What do you think a team, or an agent is going to do when they see the Broncos come shopping for a DT after this draft is over? Demand drives price, isn't that the old axiom? That's why it's nice to have the FA trading over before the draft. Now, the Broncos will have the smell of desperation all over them.

broncobum6162
04-30-2011, 08:39 AM
You shouldn't ever draft based on what position the fans think you need most. Fact is many units plays as bad as the dline. Every draft is the same. If they players you chose end up being solid NFL starters its a good draft.

People want DT, i understand that but just because the draft had them doesn't mean they will be good players. Our linebacking stunk last yr just as bad as the dline did. Hopefully this draft fixes the dline, helps at FS, and at oline. Really the guards for Denver last yr played every but as bad as the DT did.

I agree BUT...........horseshiat on the front line gets splattered all over the linebackers and D-backs faces and they can't see.......

KO5K
04-30-2011, 08:40 AM
You don't like Nevis or Ellis?

They've both been drafted dumbass.

misturanderson
04-30-2011, 08:45 AM

I'm not looking up your other numbers, but willis ran a 4.39. Hence why he was drafted so outrageously high for an mlb.

Spider
04-30-2011, 09:02 AM
moore = 5 letters
reed = 4 letters

no comparison whatsoever. apples and oranges. i'd ask you what you've been smoking, but i'm afraid of the answer.

LOL

jhns
04-30-2011, 09:06 AM
Irving is 6'1, 240 and ran a 4.74.

If that is accurate, I like this comparison.

Ruud - 6'2, 241, ran 4.75.

http://nflhuskers.com/draft/2005ruud.html

Cito Pelon
04-30-2011, 09:09 AM

I guess that was the worry for the BBT. They didn't want to draft a DT in round 2 that they had graded lower as BPA???

Eddie Mac was hollering on another thread they wanted Jarvis Jenkins at DT, but blew it by trading down from 36 to 45 (Jenkins went at #41).

I don't know what the reasoning was, but yeah, it seems like DT is very thin and counting on FA to fill the holes hasn't worked out well.

However, I've seen some teams that HAVE acquired some good DT's in FA, so it's not impossible.

Rohirrim
04-30-2011, 09:16 AM
I guess that was the worry for the BBT. They didn't want to draft a DT in round 2 that they had graded lower as BPA???

Eddie Mac was hollering on another thread they wanted Jarvis Jenkins at DT, but blew it by trading down from 36 to 45 (Jenkins went at #41).

I don't know what the reasoning was, but yeah, it seems like DT is very thin and counting on FA to fill the holes hasn't worked out well.

However, I've seen some teams that HAVE acquired some good DT's in FA, so it's not impossible.

But this year, FA comes after the draft (if it comes at all). That will change the market considerably, methinks.

Cito Pelon
04-30-2011, 09:21 AM

Very true. In fact, the LB corps has been fairly poor for a long time. Severe lack of playmakers.

Same thing at safety. Lack of playmakers for a long time.

Back in the day Denver had a strong safety and LB corps. So maybe this draft is a step in the right direction.

TheReverend
04-30-2011, 09:22 AM
I posted this in another thread, but this one seems even whinier so I'm gonna repost it :)

Personally, I LOVE the no picks on the DL if ONLY for the reason that it's making a bunch of people that feel you build from the front to back, but who don't even know the difference between 0,3,etc and different utilization to freak the **** out.

Fox has gotten some great players to work with and this is just gravy. Never change guys, never change.

boppool
04-30-2011, 09:58 AM

He's liability against speed rushers like Freeney, due to lack of quickness. He, on the other hand is labeled as a mauler and good run blocker. Not saying Beadles is a better option at RT, but I thnk we can maximize his talent at a guard position. We'll see.

TheReverend
04-30-2011, 10:01 AM
He's liability against speed rushers like Freeney, due to lack of quickness. He, on the other hand is labeled as a mauler and good run blocker. Not saying Beadles is a better option at RT, but I thnk we can maximize his talent at a guard position. We'll see.

We now have 3 G's with T potential. That's what camp is for. Franklin, Beadles or Kuper, let the best man win.

Beantown Bronco
04-30-2011, 10:02 AM
He's liability against speed rushers like Freeney, due to lack of quickness.

Ummmmm, Freeney lines up against the left tackle, not right tackle. Just like 90% of the speed rushers in the league. Right tackles face the power rushers.

HAT
04-30-2011, 10:07 AM

100% This.

"ZOMG the mocks said Austin & Paea were borderline first rounders!"

Cito Pelon
04-30-2011, 10:08 AM
We now have 3 G's with T potential. That's what camp is for. Franklin, Beadles or Kuper, let the best man win.

And versatility on the OL is always a bonus. When you can keep 8 OL's because of versatility vs. 9 that free's up a roster spot elsewhere.

Cito Pelon
04-30-2011, 10:16 AM
Ummmmm, Freeney lines up against the left tackle, not right tackle. Just like 90% of the speed rushers in the league. Right tackles face the power rushers.

Well, with the amount of 3-4 D's in the league, sometimes your RT is facing some pretty speedy outside rushers. If the opposing RT can be taken advantage of by a speed rusher, you'll see some teams switch a guy like Suggs from strong to weak, side to side. Coyer used to put Elvis at LDE to just absolutely feast on poor RT's.

Just saying . . .

Rohirrim
04-30-2011, 12:01 PM
Beadles looked pretty damn impressive against Mathis last year.

Cleo McDowell
04-30-2011, 12:10 PM
lol

cutthemdown
04-30-2011, 12:13 PM
Pretty f-ing upset myself. How many coaching staffs in a row are going to completely ignore the freaking defensive line?

Complete waste of a 2nd round....

LOL Raheem Moore was one of my favorite college players. I admit being a so calif local, not a big college fan, USC and UCLA about all I watch. And Notre Dame!. Moore is super athletic, can run, can play center field, and is a decent blitzer. Not sure how many time he got to QB but i know I saw him there in a few games. He can jump, is fast, and low and behold knows how to make plays unlike any of the the scrubs we had a safety last yr.

People say dline dlne but really that unit wasn't out worst last yr.

cutthemdown
04-30-2011, 12:14 PM
Also our interior oline last yr stunk. Both of the rookies last yr looked weak and Kuper played like crap.

Dedhed
04-30-2011, 12:21 PM
People say dline dlne but really that unit wasn't out worst last yr.

I agree. I've said, since February, that our LB and Safety play was far worse than our DL play.

People who know nothing about football think that because our rush defense was so poor that it had to be the DL's fault when in reality I saw many more missed gaps/tackles and poor angles from the LBs and safeties than I saw DL getting manhandled.

mhgaffney
04-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Good point.

We have just upgraded both S and LB.

bendog
04-30-2011, 12:49 PM
Never post drunk or stoned.

cutthemdown
04-30-2011, 01:23 PM
I agree. I've said, since February, that our LB and Safety play was far worse than our DL play.

People who know nothing about football think that because our rush defense was so poor that it had to be the DL's fault when in reality I saw many more missed gaps/tackles and poor angles from the LBs and safeties than I saw DL getting manhandled.

Exactly I saw plenty of times where the dline held its ground only to have linebackers totally washed out. A linebacker has to be able to flow to the hole, shed a block from a fb or rb. So many times I saw TE/RB/FB just easily block DJ Williams. The dude flat sucks and I have no idea why so many on the board like him.

I really hope this means we are cutting DJ with the 2 new linebackers. Or trade him, whatever. His party type I will do what I want attitude IMO has already made up elways mind. Elway is fine with drinking, but getting dui, saying I DO WHAT I WANT, and not being able to shed a block to save your life tells me DJ is going to be in a different uni real soon.

Liquid Courage
04-30-2011, 01:25 PM
i'll be passing around a collection plate and a 'we miss you' card in hopes of luring Justin Bannan back to Denver for a run in the new system. i think 30 signatures and around $8 in change should do the trick and shore us up . . . who's in? :)