PDA

View Full Version : Don't expect Da'Quan Bowers in the 2nd round of the draft for us. BPA rest of the way.

KevinJames
04-28-2011, 11:29 PM
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/926/bowersi.jpg

^I wouldn't expect Bowers

Dedhed
04-28-2011, 11:36 PM
I hope he isn't even on our board. We need guys who will be around for the next 5-10 years who we can rebuild a franchise on.

broncocalijohn
04-28-2011, 11:46 PM
Bowers will be gone before our pick. BPA that is a front 7 for defense. Going BPA on defense doesnt address our needs in defense. DE, DT is our need but if a QB is at #36, there is no way we take him. There are some good defensive guys rated in the next best 10 players. Cross our fingers some of those teams go offense in front of us. Hell, Bowers might go first to the Pats.

LongDongJohnson
04-29-2011, 12:20 AM
that sucks. I was hoping fox would go worst player available the rest of the way.

McDman
04-29-2011, 01:42 AM
Gotta feel bad for the kid, he was a projected top ten at one point.

Broncoman13
04-29-2011, 06:24 AM
Doesn't pass the physical for our first round pick... 2nd round is a whole other story. If they think he can come in and play 5 or 6 years as a starter, they will take him.

How beautiful would it be to get Aaron Williams and Stephen Paea in the 2nd?

Maybe Austin and Dowling?

Hell, maybe they get Austin and Paea!!!

If Austin slips they will take him.

If Dalton or Mallet slide to 36 we will pick up a 4th maybe even another 3rd in a trade down.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-29-2011, 06:26 AM
Bowers to the Pats makes a ****load more sense than Bowers to the Broncos. When you're in a position like New England, you can afford to take injury risk players like him. When you need guys to be healthy and contribute for the next decade just to be competitive, you can't.

Broncoman13
04-29-2011, 06:31 AM
Bowers to the Pats makes a ****load more sense than Bowers to the Broncos. When you're in a position like New England, you can afford to take injury risk players like him. When you need guys to be healthy and contribute for the next decade just to be competitive, you can't.

Makes perfect sense for NE and they should take Bowers, but I think they trade that 33rd pick to someone that wants to jump in front of QB hungry team like Cindy and Buffalo.

Kapernick, Dalton and Mallet... Someone will move up. My guess, Oakland or Washington.

Carmelo15
04-29-2011, 07:20 AM
Bowers doesn't seem fit for a 3-4 you think NE would disagree?

Gcver2ver3
04-29-2011, 07:30 AM

i would approach the draft the same way i would approach games...

play to win, don't play not to lose...

Bowers upside is amazing...i don't expect us to make a playoff run or anything next year anyway....

so swing for the fences...

jutang
04-29-2011, 07:34 AM
After Paul Toviessi, I would prefer not to take Bowers.

Smiling Assassin27
04-29-2011, 07:41 AM
Echoing Martin Mayhew of the Lions, Browns GM Tom Heckert said Thursday that his team's doctors have cleared Clemson DE Da'Quan Bowers' surgically repaired knee.

"Our doctors have looked at him 100 times," Heckert said. "He went to the recheck, so we've done our due diligence. I don't want to get into all the medical stuff, but we think his knee is going to be all right." While neither GM has gone into details, their comments suggest concerns about a possible degenerative condition in Bowers' knee have been overblown.

Go get him.

ICON
04-29-2011, 07:45 AM
1 Marvin Austin, 2 Drake Nevis, 3 Stephen Paea, 4 Allen Bailey Miami please.

MVP-06
04-29-2011, 07:46 AM
our medical staff cleared Al Wilson after a severe neck injury. They will clear a knee for a 2nd round pick that would have been top 5. Can you say Shawne Merriman

Gcver2ver3
04-29-2011, 07:47 AM
even though defense is what i crave with both our 2nd rounders...

the 1 player i'd consider an exception for is if somehow at #46 Kyle Rudolph is available...

i doubt he will be but he is a beast and would be great for tebow...

Tombstone RJ
04-29-2011, 08:29 AM
1 Marvin Austin, 2 Drake Nevis, 3 Stephen Paea, 4 Allen Bailey Miami please.

If the Broncos can get Austin or Paea and Bowers... yah, that would be fantastic.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-29-2011, 08:31 AM
i would approach the draft the same way i would approach games...

play to win, don't play not to lose...

Bowers upside is amazing...i don't expect us to make a playoff run or anything next year anyway....

so swing for the fences...

I'd swing for the fences at 2b. At 2a, we need a starting guy who we KNOW is healthy enough to last. We don't know that with Bowers.

Top 5 talent that slips to the second? That's risky, and every single team thinks so.

titan
04-29-2011, 08:36 AM
Anybody remember Kurt Knoff? Kansas safety who slipped to the 2nd round of the 76 draft because of a knee injury. Drafted by the Broncos in round 2. Never played a down for Denver.

Pass on Bowers. Don't take injury risks with early picks.

Rohirrim
04-29-2011, 08:52 AM
I wouldn't touch Bowers. He might not last a season.

Gcver2ver3
04-29-2011, 08:54 AM
I'd swing for the fences at 2b. At 2a, we need a starting guy who we KNOW is healthy enough to last. We don't know that with Bowers.

Top 5 talent that slips to the second? That's risky, and every single team thinks so.

very fair observation...

that would be unbelievable if we got say Paea at 36 and then Bowers at 46...

you never know...

jhns
04-29-2011, 09:50 AM
This thread title makes me laugh."We aren't picking the best player on the board, we are going BPA."

elsid13
04-29-2011, 01:19 PM
NFLN is hinting that the next pick is Jenkins from Clemson.

Killericon
04-29-2011, 01:25 PM
Makes perfect sense for NE and they should take Bowers, but I think they trade that 33rd pick to someone that wants to jump in front of QB hungry team like Cindy and Buffalo.

Kapernick, Dalton and Mallet... Someone will move up. My guess, Oakland or Washington.

Knowing the Pats, they'll pick up a 4th by moving down one spot by auctioning off the pick, threatening to take the QB away from Buffalo that they want. They'll then trade THAT pick to some fool for next year's first for Bowers. Bowers has 3 iffy years before retiring due to injury, and NE has 2 firsts next year and 2 seconds this year. And a bonus 4th.

Gcver2ver3
04-29-2011, 01:25 PM

would he slide to 46?...or is 36 the only shot at him?...

oubronco
04-29-2011, 01:31 PM
I wouldn't touch Bowers. He might not last a season.

M I C R O F R A C T U R E surgery

KevinJames
04-29-2011, 01:42 PM
ESPN's Adam Schefter on Da'Quan Bowers: "He's still got looseness in his MCL, and his PCL. he'll need (more) surgery."

HAT
04-29-2011, 01:51 PM
would he slide to 46?...or is 36 the only shot at him?...

Jenkins? Might be there at 67.

As for the OP......I'd be all over Bowers at 36.

I hope they don't feel obligated to go DT at 36 because of 'need'. Just take your highest rated guy on D whether it's DB, DL or LB.

One of the fatties will be there at 46. Austin, Paea or Jenkins. If they're not, then take BPA on D, RB or OT and you can still grab Jurrell Casey at 67.

Tombstone RJ
04-29-2011, 01:55 PM
ESPN's Adam Schefter on Da'Quan Bowers: "He's still got looseness in his MCL, and his PCL. he'll need (more) surgery."

Wow. The only team that might touch him is NE simply because they have a boat load of picks and might be willing to take a flyer on Bowers with the hopes he can play a few years at a high level. Even so, I don't see Bowers going in the 2nd.

Who knows, maybe Bowers doesn't get drafted and is picked up as an UFA?

BroncoLifer
04-29-2011, 02:00 PM

The next pick (i.e. by New England @ 33) or the next pick for us?

elsid13
04-29-2011, 03:08 PM
The next pick (i.e. by New England @ 33) or the next pick for us?

To Denver.

KipCorrington25
04-29-2011, 04:47 PM
that sucks. I was hoping fox would go worst player available the rest of the way.

No, that was McDaniels. Hilarious!^5