PDA

View Full Version : Kenrick Ellis?

OrangeSe7en
04-28-2011, 11:45 PM
This guy, like Austin, was a big time recruit going into college. He ended up transferring from South Carolina to Hampton. I actually think Ellis looks every bit as impressive as Austin who looks stiff.

What about getting Ellis and maybe trading down to get him?

footstepsfrom#27
04-28-2011, 11:51 PM
This guy, like Austin, was a big time recruit going into college. He ended up transferring from South Carolina to Hampton. I actually think Ellis looks every bit as impressive as Austin who looks stiff.

What about getting Ellis and maybe trading down to get him?
Why trade down? If they like him, and someone tonight told me Denver had him in for a visit...not sure if that's true...they shouldn't wait. The DT's are almost gone, so since he's rated in the 2nd, they may not have more than one shot at him. I think they'd go Austin or Paea if either are avaiable at 36 but this guy's impressive if you look at him both sizewise and production, though obviously the small college competition might hurt his stock.

OrangeSe7en
04-28-2011, 11:53 PM
Why trade down? If they like him, and someone tonight told me Denver had him in for a visit...not sure if that's true...they shouldn't wait. The DT's are almost gone, so since he's rated in the 2nd, they may not have more than one shot at him. I think they'd go Austin or Paea if either are avaiable at 36 but this guy's impressive if you look at him both sizewise and production, though obviously the small college competition might hurt his stock.

Im not saying the should trade down and risk losing him. But if you can get away with it, youd obviously get an extra pick out of it.

FireFly
04-29-2011, 02:14 AM
I really hope we get Paea, then if we get this guy after that than great :)

Ziggy
04-29-2011, 02:18 AM
Kenrick Ellis is a massive run stuffing 5 tech. Marvin Austin is an UT. They're not comparable by position. Ellis is a huge clogger and Austin is a playmaker. Pairing them up would be nice. Ellis may last till our pick in the 3rd. Austin would probably have to be taken at 36.