PDA

View Full Version : Likelihood Broncos Trade Back Up Into First?

Requiem
04-28-2011, 12:32 PM
I think this is a question that deserves discussion.

How likely is it the Broncos trade up to acquire the best talent on their boards after our initial selection?

After reviewing Fox's draft history as of late, he has not had a problem over the past several seasons to move up in the draft with future picks to acquire players he wants.

If Denver goes Miller at #2, it fills a great need on defense, and almost necessitates that our next selection is DL. They may feel comfortable with their options at #36 as the draft unfolds, but if a great DL prospect is within a few picks, they could move up.

What do you guys think, is it likely?

(Not asking if you are against it.)

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-28-2011, 12:36 PM
/channels Peter King

I think the Broncos are definitely moving back into the first. Probably. MAYBE. Call it a 30% chance. But a LEGIT 30% chance.

//Peter King

Hercules Rockefeller
04-28-2011, 12:36 PM
The Panthers weren't coming off 4-12 seasons when Fox was giving up future picks.

I'd be terribly disappointed if they started giving up more picks to move up, they're already down 2 picks next year anyway.

Crushaholic
04-28-2011, 12:42 PM
I think Fox is under tremendous pressure to win NOW. Champ wants a ring. Therefore, I think it's a very good possiblity that he will trade up...

Traveler
04-28-2011, 12:45 PM
No way in hell! Having said that, has any team made two 1st round choices consecutively for three years?

OBF1
04-28-2011, 12:46 PM
zero, we have too many holes and not enough picks

broncosteven
04-28-2011, 12:48 PM
I think it is more likely that we trade back a few spots in the 1st and then trade back into the late 1st if a targeted player is there.

Rohirrim
04-28-2011, 12:50 PM
No way in hell! Having said that, has any team made two 1st round choices consecutively for three years?

Yeah. The Pats. Every year. :gus:

eddie mac
04-28-2011, 01:02 PM
The Panthers weren't coming off 4-12 seasons when Fox was giving up future picks.

I'd be terribly disappointed if they started giving up more picks to move up, they're already down 2 picks next year anyway.

Does one not depend on Quinn and targets he meets. I doubt they'll be getting anything in 2012 for that chump.

eddie mac
04-28-2011, 01:07 PM
I think Fox is under tremendous pressure to win NOW. Champ wants a ring. Therefore, I think it's a very good possiblity that he will trade up...

He and anyone else who believes that is dillusional. you just have to look at our roster right now to fathom that. We are a 4-12 team in every sense of the word and it's no accident we are at this juncture either.

If Bowlen or Elway even think that then they need their heads examined as well.

We are maybe an 8-8 team if and only if we draft the right players this weekend and attack free agency with some venom and some spending, if we dont I dont see much improvement forthcoming until Tebow develops and we find a ****ing defense through 2-3 drafts.

Also, Champ may well want a ring but first and foremost he wanted the security of a new deal, and he got that which at this point is far more important to him and his family and the numbers matched his ask.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-28-2011, 01:07 PM
Does one not depend on Quinn and targets he meets. I doubt they'll be getting anything in 2012 for that chump.

It's never been defined if there has to be a target that is met for them to acquire a pick in the first place, or if there are targets that determine what round the pick is in.

eddie mac
04-28-2011, 01:10 PM
It's never been defined if there has to be a target that is met for them to acquire a pick in the first place, or if there are targets that determine what round the pick is in.

Maybe target/targets was the wrong word Herc. It must be linked to something though like maybe him being on the roster in 2011 or something like that as to whether they get a pick or not.

razorwire77
04-28-2011, 01:14 PM
I think it's possible. If we draft Miller at 2 and someone like Fairley or Bowers drops like a stone into the the high teens or low 20's.

UberBroncoMan
04-28-2011, 02:01 PM
I hope we trade with Arizona to #5. That would be most optimal.

broncosteven
04-28-2011, 02:23 PM

I agree! I wish there were more trade rumors.

Lestat
04-28-2011, 02:38 PM
i think it will depend on the board. someone is gonna start falling. if we get to pick 20-26 and there's a top guy on the board that they don't feel will be there in round 2. i think they will make the trade up and grab him.
the main thing that Denver seems to want is to grab the players they want most and fix the D. i know they want more picks but if someone is there i think they'll make the move.

mkporter
04-28-2011, 02:42 PM
I don't think we'll move back into the first unless we get another 2nd by moving back from #2. I think the FO really wants to have 4 picks in the top 100.

NFLBRONCO
04-28-2011, 02:42 PM
On radio no trade talks yet. Don't expect any til last hour or so.

Kaylore
04-28-2011, 02:46 PM

...What? The guy just inherited a 4-12 team that's had a different defensive coordinator for the past five years and one of the worst defense and special teams units in the league and you're saying he's under tremendous pressure now because Champ wants a ring? Champ just got paid a boat load of money to what he's told, just like he always has. It's not Champ is going to turn diva after a decade of being the model citizen.

Requiem
04-28-2011, 02:47 PM
What radio station are you listening to? I have 850KOA online.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-28-2011, 02:48 PM
...What? The guy just inherited a 4-12 team that's had a different defensive coordinator for the past five years and one of the worst defense and special teams units in the league and you're saying he's under tremendous pressure now because Champ wants a ring? Champ just got paid a boat load of money to what he's told, just like he always has. It's not Champ is going to turn diva after a decade of being the model citizen.

Yeah, since when is it the broncos goal to make Champ Bailey happy?

NFLBRONCO
04-28-2011, 02:49 PM
the ticket 102.3

Crushaholic
04-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Yeah, since when is it the broncos goal to make Champ Bailey happy?

He is, arguably, our best player. I remember a mini-panic on the Mane when it was unclear whether Champ would be back. Who knows? Eddie Mac could be right. He could be all about the money...:ouwknow:

OBF1
04-28-2011, 02:54 PM
2 hours ad 5 minutes until draft time

VT_Bronco
04-28-2011, 03:12 PM

Would be nice if they tried to get in front of Buffalo to take Gabbert, here would be an ideal scenario-

1. CAR Newton
2. AZ Gabbert
3. BUF Dareus
4. CIN AJ Green
5. DEN Miller/PP

eddie mac
04-28-2011, 03:38 PM
He is, arguably, our best player. I remember a mini-panic on the Mane when it was unclear whether Champ would be back. Who knows? Eddie Mac could be right. He could be all about the money...:ouwknow:

Maybe I'm wrong but there's been very few occasions in the last few seasons where a player has taken a ring opportunity over money, maybe they knew the **** that's at the gates now was around the corner then.

Lestat
04-28-2011, 04:07 PM
Champ wouldn't have been a question mark at all as far as if he'd be back if the FO hadn't stopped talking contract with him.

HorseHead
04-28-2011, 04:27 PM
there is no way Gabbert goes number two.....get it? Goes number two...anyone...

Seriously, he's dropping...16 touchdowns 9 picks in a spread offense that Chase Daniels tore up....