PDA

View Full Version : Your Boner Scenario For Tonight/Tomorrow

TheReverend
04-28-2011, 06:09 AM
Okay, what's your boner scenario over the next couple days? Where everything seems to go perfect without being TOO unrealistic.

Mine:

-Somehow able to trade down slightly, pick up an extra 2nd and still get Peterson
-Trade Orton for early 2nd (probably the most unrealistic of the dream)

Now have PP and FOUR early second round picks for:

-Liuget or Wilkerson drop to 2nd, we get 1
-Cameron Heyward with another (more realistically: Austin or Paea)
-James Carpenter
-Jabbal Sheard for pass rushing downs or take a shot on Martez if he hasn't been reached for

(would love if they also took Dowling into serious consideration even after taking PP)

Massive talent and depth infusion to the defense before the third round OR FA even starts :)

More realistic version :(

Peterson at 2
Wilkerson, Heyward, or Austin 2a
Paea at 2b

srphoenix
04-28-2011, 06:13 AM
probably more unrealistic than your scenario but here it goes:

Trade Orton for 2nd from MN

1a: Von Miller
use 2nd from Orton and other 2nd to move up into middle 1st
1b: Nick Fairley
2: Paea

Broncoman13
04-28-2011, 06:13 AM
That's some potent boner medicine you've been taking!!!

alkemical
04-28-2011, 06:16 AM
This must be what legal drugs do for you.... :D

tsiguy96
04-28-2011, 06:18 AM
#2 pick: miller
combine our #2 + #3 to move up to very end of round 1 and grab an impact DT that fell, or paea at the #36

WolfpackGuy
04-28-2011, 06:19 AM
Elisha Cuthbert and a 30 pack

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-28-2011, 06:23 AM
Elisha Cuthbert and a 30 pack

/thread

Mine would be grabbing Casey Matthews in the 3rd. I'd love that guy in Denver.

Peterson at #2 would definitely give me a stiffy, though. As would Elisha Cuthbert, with or without the 30 pack.

jhns
04-28-2011, 06:27 AM
The best scenerio to me would be picking defense with the first three picks. I don't care who as long as it isn't a huge reach. We need more Huskers, so I hope we get Helu Jr in the middle rounds.

WolfpackGuy
04-28-2011, 06:34 AM
/thread

Mine would be grabbing Casey Matthews in the 3rd. I'd love that guy in Denver.

Peterson at #2 would definitely give me a stiffy, though. As would Elisha Cuthbert, with or without the 30 pack.

I think she's worth a mid round flyer at tight end...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-28-2011, 06:35 AM

Oh, I'd give her a mid round flyer... whatever the hell that means. :rofl:

WolfpackGuy
04-28-2011, 06:36 AM
Oh, I'd give her a mid round flyer... whatever the hell that means. :rofl:

A-yo!

footstepsfrom#27
04-28-2011, 06:38 AM
#2- Patrick Peterson
#36- Stephen Paea
#46- Kyle Rudolph
#67- Kenrick Ellis

After that I don't care. If we could grab Peterson and still fill two D-line spots with Paea, Ellis or Marvin Austin, we'd be halfway home to rebuilding the defense.

The Joker
04-28-2011, 06:41 AM
Trade down and still get one of the big 4 defensive prospects.

Moving Orton would be amazing, I thought it was pretty much a given that teams weren't going to do any player transactions though?

BroncoInferno
04-28-2011, 06:42 AM
Trade Orton for Minny's 2nd. Draft Von Miller @ #2. Fairley drops to the middle of the 1st (I actually think there is a strong chance of this given the success of the Swift Boating against him), then we package two of the 2nds to move up to get him.

1a) Miller
1b) Fairley
2) Ras-I Dowling, CB
3) Drake Nevis, DT
6a) Ahmad Black, S
6b) Stevan Ridley, RB
7) Julius Thomas, TE

tsiguy96
04-28-2011, 06:43 AM
Trade down and still get one of the big 4 defensive prospects.

Moving Orton would be amazing, I thought it was pretty much a given that teams weren't going to do any player transactions though?

8th circuit court might rule today on whether they will grant a stay on the lockout. if they wont, lockout is over (like it is now, but at that point its officially over)

cmhargrove
04-28-2011, 06:43 AM
#2 - Miller
#36 - Wilkerson
#46 - Rahim Moore
#67 - Best OT still on the board

meangene
04-28-2011, 06:55 AM
#2- Von Miller
#36- Stephen Paea
#46- Kyle Rudolph
#67- Carpenter/move back

Traveler
04-28-2011, 07:14 AM
My scenario would be trade Orton for a #2 with SF, then:

#2 - Von Miller, OLB
#36 -Marvin Austin, DT
#45 - Martez Wilson, MLB
#46 - Orlando Franklin, RT
#67 - Demarco Murray, RB

TheChamp24
04-28-2011, 07:25 AM
Trade Orton for a 2nd.
Trade down and pick up a 2nd and a 3rd.
Trade a 2nd and a 3rd to move into round 1 again.

1a. Take Peterson
1b. Take Liuget
2a. Cameron Heyward
2b. Demarco Murray
3. Best LB available

Drek
04-28-2011, 07:26 AM
My ideal:
Able to trade Orton for a #2
Trade back from #2 to #5, get AZ's 1st in 2012, 3rd and 4th in 2011.

First five picks are:
1. Newton
2. Miller
3. Dareus
4. Green
5. We take Peterson

Then the rest of the draft as follows:
2a. Stephen Paea - Can play the 0, 1, and 3 tech spots in our front line.
2b. Martez Wilson - long term starter at sam with speed to cover most TEs.
3a. Rodney Hudson - needs to slide some but has starter ability at guard and center, will hit the ground running, immediately challenges Beadles, Walton, and opens up moving Kuper to RT.
3b. Drake Nevis - penetrating 3 tech to use as a situational pass rusher
4. DJ Williams - the TE, all around receiving threat to develop into Tebow's safety net. Might best work as an H-back, but he's got the size and strength to develop into a good lead blocker for the running game given some coaching too.
6a. Alex Greene - big bodied straight line runner who can catch, should compliment Moreno well.
6b. Joe Lefeged - safety from Rutgers who adds to a big need position.
7. Even Royster - another RB for the stable, well rounded, instinctive runner who's combine results argue against the "slow" label that will make him fall.

TheReverend
04-28-2011, 07:27 AM
Trade Orton for a 2nd.
Trade down and pick up a 2nd and a 3rd.
Trade a 2nd and a 3rd to move into round 1 again.

1a. Take Peterson
1b. Take Liuget
2a. Cameron Heyward
2b. Demarco Murray
3. Best LB available

:thumbsup:

VERY good. Should be some good OT prospects for that third that I'd switch out.

maher_tyler
04-28-2011, 07:33 AM
No offensive players in the first 3 rounds..TE at #4 or later..maybe some more Oline depth later in the draft.

Beantown Bronco
04-28-2011, 07:37 AM

Considering she's been with half the NHL at this point, I seriously doubt that position would apply.

TheChamp24
04-28-2011, 07:40 AM
:thumbsup:

VERY good. Should be some good OT prospects for that third that I'd switch out.

I'd actually think that James Carpenter would be a good pick if he fell to our 3rd pick.
But yeah, with the depth we have on OT, a tackle in the 3rd would be a solid choice.

Kaylore
04-28-2011, 07:59 AM
In my perfect storm Carolina doesn't take a QB.

Trade down with the Cards for their first and second. They take a QB.

Trade down again with the Redskins who take the other QB for their First this year and next year.

Quinn falls to us, we take him and trade Orton for another second round pick.

That's not going to happen, but a kid can dream.

TheReverend
04-28-2011, 07:59 AM
Okay, what's your boner scenario over the next couple days? Where everything seems to go perfect without being TOO unrealistic.

Mine:

-Somehow able to trade down slightly, pick up an extra 2nd and still get Peterson

-James Carpenter
-Jabbal Sheard for pass rushing downs or take a shot on Martez if he hasn't been reached for

(would love if they also took Dowling into serious consideration even after taking PP)

Massive talent and depth infusion to the defense before the third round OR FA even starts :)

Peterson at 2
Paea at 2b

Follow up:

Boner finish to draft and FA:

3rd: Which ever player has slid this far (and there always is)/Gilchrist/Dontay Moch
6th: Cedric Thornton
7th: Evan Royster

Free Agency:

SLB: James Anderson. Can cover! Also plays well in traffic and solid at the POA. Lots of experience with Fox. I expect this to happen.
MLB: Paul Posluszny (coming off a 151 tackle season, back up the ****ing truck for him). Note: RFA so who knows what that means pending new CBA; didn't sign tender because by league rules it's dirt cheap.
S: Make a serious play for Eric Weddle or Dawan Landry
DT: Cullen Jenkins - Oft injured but very good player and could at least help coach up rookies

Even Bigger "Fliers":

Braylon Edwards - UDFA, HIGHLY doubt we can compete with the money Washington will most likely drown him in.

Matt Light/Tyson Clabo/Willie Colon - Any one of the three would provide a GREAT band aid for years while we get depth and develop the OL

Abqbronco
04-28-2011, 08:02 AM
Trade Orton for Minny's 2nd. Draft Von Miller @ #2. Fairley drops to the middle of the 1st (I actually think there is a strong chance of this given the success of the Swift Boating against him), then we package two of the 2nds to move up to get him.

1a) Miller
1b) Fairley
2) Ras-I Dowling, CB
3) Drake Nevis, DT
6a) Ahmad Black, S
6b) Stevan Ridley, RB
7) Julius Thomas, TE

Ridley will fall that far? That is a bargain.

R8R H8R
04-28-2011, 08:19 AM
My ideal:

#2. Peterson or Miller

Take 2a and 3, and trade-up for NE's #28. Take someone like Liguet.

Trade #46 back around 10 spots and get 2 4th's.

Take BPA @ DT w/ #56.

Use rest of the draft and get BPA.

BroncoInferno
04-28-2011, 08:22 AM
Ridley will fall that far? That is a bargain.

I've seen him projected anywhere from 4-7. Probably won't be available that late, but that's why this is the "ultimate boner."

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-28-2011, 08:23 AM
I had an ultimate boner once. Four hours. Had to see a doctor.

ICON
04-28-2011, 08:25 AM
Follow up:

Boner finish to draft and FA:

3rd: Which ever player has slid this far (and there always is)/Gilchrist/Dontay Moch
6th: Cedric Thornton
7th: Evan Royster

Free Agency:

SLB: James Anderson. Can cover! Also plays well in traffic and solid at the POA. Lots of experience with Fox. I expect this to happen.
MLB: Paul Posluszny (coming off a 151 tackle season, back up the ****ing truck for him). Note: RFA so who knows what that means pending new CBA; didn't sign tender because by league rules it's dirt cheap.
S: Make a serious play for Eric Weddle or Dawan Landry
DT: Cullen Jenkins - Oft injured but very good player and could at least help coach up rookies

Even Bigger "Fliers":

Braylon Edwards - UDFA, HIGHLY doubt we can compete with the money Washington will most likely drown him in.

Matt Light/Tyson Clabo/Willie Colon - Any one of the three would provide a GREAT band aid for years while we get depth and develop the OLhttp://www.nypress.com/images/398844958_4bbc16602f_m.jpg

NFLBRONCO
04-28-2011, 08:46 AM
My ideal would be to draft these players and trade down twice:

Peterson
Taiwan Jones RB

oubronco
04-28-2011, 09:33 AM
They come out of the draft with 5 Defensive starters

Chris
04-28-2011, 09:41 AM
Trade down to #7 w/ San Fran

Acquire #45 and future 1st

#7 Nick Fairley
#36 Stephen Paea / Phil Taylor / Muhammad Wilkerson
#45 Martez Wilson
#46 Rahim Moore

gunns
04-28-2011, 10:34 AM

1a) Miller
1b) Fairley
2) Ras-I Dowling, CB
3) Drake Nevis, DT
6a) Ahmad Black, S
6b) Stevan Ridley, RB
7) Julius Thomas, TE

Weeelllll no boner scenario here, but, well I won't say, my dream scenario would be an all defensive draft. I do love that Ahmad Black pick but I think he's ranked a little higher. And if we absolutely HAVE to take an offensive player I'd like some OL depth, like Nate Solder. I know, I know, it's a dream. Is he a right or left tackle? Ah hell just a dream I still want him.

Rohirrim
04-28-2011, 10:44 AM

#7 Nick Fairley
#45 Martez Wilson
#46 Rahim Moore

Sure works for me.

R8R H8R
04-28-2011, 10:44 AM

#7 Nick Fairley
#45 Martez Wilson
#46 Rahim Moore

I could live w/ that. I would trade the #46 back a few spots to fill in the 4th & 5th rounds where we have nothing. But other than that, this scenario wouldn"t make me put a hole in my TV at all.

BroncoInferno
04-28-2011, 10:46 AM
Weeelllll no boner scenario here, but, well I won't say, my dream scenario would be an all defensive draft. I do love that Ahmad Black pick but I think he's ranked a little higher. And if we absolutely HAVE to take an offensive player I'd like some OL depth, like Nate Solder. I know, I know, it's a dream. Is he a right or left tackle? Ah hell just a dream I still want him.

He ran a 4.8 at the combine, so I suspect he'll fall. Kind of reminds me of the Squid last year. Terrific collegiate production, but will be drafted late because of a slow 40 time.

Rohirrim
04-28-2011, 10:50 AM
I just read that Phil Taylor has some kind of medical thing where the bones in his feet are growing together and many teams are putting a red flag on him because it's an inoperable condition.

Cleo McDowell
04-28-2011, 10:56 AM
DRAFTMAS!!
http://www.pawsru.org/f/src/f107369_I-have-The-weirdest-boner.jpg

Swedish Extrovert
04-28-2011, 11:50 AM

Mine:

-James Carpenter

Peterson at 2
Paea at 2b

Yeah, I've seen mocks where we get both Peterson and Paea... for me, that would be ideal.

chanesaw
04-28-2011, 11:53 AM
I don't have a dream scenario, but here are some players I would like in the first two rounds:

1. Dareus or Peterson
2. Paea (DT), Moore (S), Wilson (LB), Rudolf (TE)

If we get any combination of those guys I will be happy.

Evenrude
04-28-2011, 12:12 PM
The best scenerio to me would be picking defense with the first three picks. I don't care who as long as it isn't a huge reach. We need more Huskers, so I hope we get Helu Jr in the middle rounds.

I agree. Helu would be a perfect #2 back, he can run, catch and pass protect. I'd also like to them get McNeil as an undrafted free agent or late round pick. I think he could develop into an NFL tight end, was not used right his senior year so I think he's slipped under everyone's radar.

gunns
04-28-2011, 12:32 PM
He ran a 4.8 at the combine, so I suspect he'll fall. Kind of reminds me of the Squid last year. Terrific collegiate production, but will be drafted late because of a slow 40 time.

Then let's snatch him up. Those 40 times are so bogus.

Requiem
04-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Excited to select: Peterson, Miller, Dareus
Happy to: Trade down and acquire one of them and even a guy like Liuget or Jordan.

Interested in a lot of players. Hopefully three of the first four picks are defense, and we add one dynamic player to offense.

Crushaholic
04-28-2011, 12:38 PM

Helu, Jr. would be a nice pick in the 3rd or 4th round. Another running back I wish the Broncos would seriously consider is Daniel Thomas of Kansas State. Like Helu, Thomas is built to withstand NFL punishment...

NFLBRONCO
04-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Come on John show some sack and trade down. Drafting Miller is more a typical Denver draft of the past wow us son.

Chris
04-28-2011, 01:05 PM
I just read that Phil Taylor has some kind of medical thing where the bones in his feet are growing together and many teams are putting a red flag on him because it's an inoperable condition.

Bonerism. Maybe this means he falls to us.

BroncoInferno
04-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Then let's snatch him up. Those 40 times are so bogus.

Well, I typically agree, but 4.8 is pretty goddamn slow for a safety. But, yeah, at that point in the draft it's definitely a no-brainer for a guy with his production. The Squid ran a 4.7 last year and has proved to be a solid 7th round pick-up. Some guys play faster with the pads on versus running in a straight line. Worst case, Black is a solid contributor on special teams.

BroncoInferno
04-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Come on John show some sack and trade down. Drafting Miller is more a typical Denver draft of the past wow us son.

How is selecting the best pass rusher in the draft and one of the two best players overall a "typical Denver draft?" ???

Also, most indications are that Elway and co. would love to trade down, but you have to have another team willing to pay reasonable value to get up there. No one else may want the pick.

KevinJames
04-28-2011, 01:20 PM
1st Peterson CB
2nd Marvin Austin DT (unlikely)
2nd Martez Wilson LB
3rd Taiwan Jones RB

hopefully get some picks in the 4th or 5th if a player we like falls

NFLBRONCO
04-28-2011, 01:24 PM
How is selecting the best pass rusher in the draft and one of the two best players overall a "typical Denver draft?" ???

Also, most indications are that Elway and co. would love to trade down, but you have to have another team willing to pay reasonable value to get up there. No one else may want the pick.

I'm saying picking Miller is a more typical Denver draft vs taking Dareus a bigger need DL or BPA in Peterson. I"m ok with Miller selection and understand we don't have to go DL at 2 as well. I just kind of hoped we would draft differently and see what happens with this regime. If Miller is next DT on the field it will ease my concern. Yes it takes alot of the suspense knowing what we are going to do this soon.

BroncoInferno
04-28-2011, 01:28 PM
I'm saying picking Miller is a more typical Denver draft vs taking Dareus a bigger need DL or BPA in Peterson. I"m ok with Miller selection and understand we don't have to go DL at 2 as well. I just kind of hoped we would draft differently and see what happens with this regime. If Miller is next DT on the field it will ease my concern.

Well, I think Miller is a close 2nd to Peterson in terms of BPA. I like Dareus' ability, but I've got concerns he will just be "good" while Miller and Peterson will be "eilte." I'm sure John would love for Arizona to call up with a compelling offer to move down, where at least one of the big three are probably still going to be available, but that is starting to look unlikely.

NFLBRONCO
04-28-2011, 01:32 PM
Well, I think Miller is a close 2nd to Peterson in terms of BPA. I like Dareus' ability, but I've got concerns he will just be "good" while Miller and Peterson will be "eilte." I'm sure John would love for Arizona to call up with a compelling offer to move down, where at least one of the big three are probably still going to be available, but that is starting to look unlikely.

I hope we end up trading down a bit. I guess the earliest that would happen is when draft starts.

Dedhed
04-28-2011, 02:41 PM
We get a #2 for Orton from Vikings (#43)

Draft goes as follows:

#1-Newton
We trade #2 to Arizona for #5, #38, and #69
#2-Gabbert
#3-Dareus
#4-Aj Green

We trade #5 to the 49ers for #7, #45, and #141
#5-Patrick Peterson
#6-Julio Jones

With the 7th overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft the Denver Broncos select:
VON MILLER, LB, Texas A&M

#36-Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State
#38-Martez Wilson, LB, Illinois
#43-Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia
#45-Ben Ijalana, OT, Villanova
#46-Mikel Leshoure, RB, Illinois
#67-Jauquawn Jarrett, S, Temple
#69-Jurrell Casey, DT, USC

FireFly
04-28-2011, 02:41 PM
In my perfect storm Carolina doesn't take a QB.

Trade down with the Cards for their first and second. They take a QB.

Trade down again with the Redskins who take the other QB for their First this year and next year.

Quinn falls to us, we take him and trade Orton for another second round pick.

That's not going to happen, but a kid can dream.

:thumbs::thumbs:
t'would be a thing of beauty

NFLBRONCO
04-28-2011, 02:45 PM
No trade talks yet. Don't expect any calls til hour before draft if at all

Hulamau
04-28-2011, 02:52 PM
#2- Patrick Peterson
#36- Stephen Paea
#46- Kyle Rudolph
#67- Kenrick Ellis

After that I don't care. If we could grab Peterson and still fill two D-line spots with Paea, Ellis or Marvin Austin, we'd be halfway home to rebuilding the defense.

That sounds good to me .. or even Von at 2 and the rest the same. Really want PP on the team but will be happy with Von too.

Old Dude
04-28-2011, 03:51 PM
No trade talks yet. Don't expect any calls til hour before draft if at all

Has something changed? Last I heard, no one could trade players. Only draft picks.

Chris
04-28-2011, 03:53 PM
Has something changed? Last I heard, no one could trade players. Only draft picks.

Think he's referring to players.

McDman
04-28-2011, 03:59 PM
Well NFL network just said no players allowed to be traded, so lame.

Dedhed
04-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Well NFL network just said no players allowed to be traded, so lame.
That could change for tomorrow if the league year begins.