32. Green Bay trades pick – QB Andy Dalton

Carmelo15
04-27-2011, 06:03 PM
I'm assuming at 28 and 32 he's projecting trades. Top 5 may be spot on

FireFly
04-27-2011, 06:11 PM
I'm assuming at 28 and 32 he's projecting trades. Top 5 may be spot on

Thats correct.

It will be interesting to see just how far Bowers falls before a team rolls the dice, I think he's going to be a good player.

BroncoInferno
04-27-2011, 06:16 PM
Andy Dalton in the 1st is a bit of a surprise. Not to mention a dumb spot to project him. Why would Green Bay draft a QB in the 1st when Rodgers is 27 and one of the top QBs in the league?

JDB7821
04-27-2011, 06:16 PM
Interesting mock, although I was hoping for something more original than Clayborn to the Falcons.

For the Broncos, I'm starting to think this is the best situation even though I've been defending Peterson. Miller addresses the need in the front seven while drafting a superior talent.

eddie mac
04-27-2011, 06:31 PM
Andy Dalton in the 1st is a bit of a surprise. Not to mention a dumb spot to project him. Why would Green Bay draft a QB in the 1st when Rodgers is 27 and one of the top QBs in the league?

He has New England and Green Bay trading those picks to teams who want to come back up from the early/mid 2nd for a QB

SoDak Bronco
04-27-2011, 06:35 PM
interesting that two of the most well respected nfl guys both have denver taking Von Miller...

BroncoInferno
04-27-2011, 07:01 PM
He has New England and Green Bay trading those picks to teams who want to come back up from the early/mid 2nd for a QB

Oh, that makes more sense. Why does it say Green Bay in the OP, then?

IHaveALight
04-27-2011, 07:08 PM
I just copied the chart from nfl.com. It didn't say anything about those picks being traded.
On Mayock's mock draft show he did say he's predicting teams to trade up to those spots for the QB's though. I edited the op to show the trades.

ward63
04-27-2011, 07:36 PM
I can see cincy trading up for a QB

cmhargrove
04-27-2011, 07:44 PM
I'll take Miller at #2 if we can get Wilkerson in the second round...

OrangeSe7en
04-27-2011, 07:56 PM
Interesting mock, although I was hoping for something more original than Clayborn to the Falcons.

For the Broncos, I'm starting to think this is the best situation even though I've been defending Peterson. Miller addresses the need in the front seven while drafting a superior talent.

What need does Miller address? What position does he play?

JDB7821
04-27-2011, 08:01 PM
What need does Miller address? What position does he play?

Seriously? I concede the selection of a front seven player and you ask what position he addresses? I would think you'd be interested in bringing your team up from DEAD LAST in team sacks on the year. Dumervil won't do that by himself.

Missouribronc
04-27-2011, 08:06 PM
Seriously? I concede the selection of a front seven player and you ask what position he addresses? I would think you'd be interested in bringing your team up from DEAD LAST in team sacks on the year. Dumervil won't do that by himself.

He led the NCAA in sacks off the edge in 3-4, not in a 4-3. He won't add much to the pass rush in a 4-3, unless Denver is either blitzing, or zone-blitzing.

Miller will play a position where he'll have to make plays in the run game and in pass coverage. That's not his game.

JDB7821
04-27-2011, 08:19 PM
He led the NCAA in sacks off the edge in 3-4, not in a 4-3. He won't add much to the pass rush in a 4-3, unless Denver is either blitzing, or zone-blitzing.

Miller will play a position where he'll have to make plays in the run game and in pass coverage. That's not his game.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this the first season A&M used the 3-4? Miller had 17 sacks in '09 and 10.5 this past season.

JDB7821
04-27-2011, 08:21 PM
And here's a snippet from draftcountdown.com's Senior Bowl coverage:

Texas A&M linebacker Von Miller was outstanding covering the running back in catch drills, and had a pretty interception off a tipped ball. Miller is working exclusively with the linebackers, we did not see him in Pit drills or any other lineman type activity. Weighing 237 he appears to fit better as a 4-3 LB than 3-4.

Soul-Bronco
04-27-2011, 08:23 PM

He's as fast top speed as larry fitzgerald, i think he can come some TE"s from time to time

FireFly
04-27-2011, 08:41 PM
And here's a snippet from draftcountdown.com's Senior Bowl coverage:

Texas A&M linebacker Von Miller was outstanding covering the running back in catch drills, and had a pretty interception off a tipped ball. Miller is working exclusively with the linebackers, we did not see him in Pit drills or any other lineman type activity. Weighing 237 he appears to fit better as a 4-3 LB than 3-4.

Really? Well if I wasn't sold on Miller as our pick and that's true, I sure am now! :thumbsup:

I'm beginning to get excited about this draft !Booya!

TheReverend
04-27-2011, 08:45 PM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this the first season A&M used the 3-4? Miller had 17 sacks in '09 and 10.5 this past season.

You are correct sir.

OrangeSe7en
04-27-2011, 08:56 PM

http://www.1043thefan.com/channels/MikeEvansScottHastings/Story.aspx?ID=1408928

Doom is RDE, Ayers is LDE, what LB position does Miller play in the 4-3? You do realize we're no longer running a 3-4, right? What level of assurance is there that Miller can be something other than an edge rusher without being completely wasted?

Missouribronc
04-27-2011, 08:57 PM
You are correct sir.

In 2009 they used a hybrid defense to utilize Miller's rushing ability. It sure as hell wasn't a 4-3 defense, and it certainly wasn't the defense Fox expects to run.

TheReverend
04-27-2011, 08:59 PM
In 2009 they used a hybrid defense to utilize Miller's rushing ability. It sure as hell wasn't a 4-3 defense, and it certainly wasn't the defense Fox expects to run.

He was used at both end and LB that year. They didn't move to a 34 until last year.

Sorry.

BroncoInferno
04-27-2011, 08:59 PM

Fox has already stated the the 4-3 / 3-4 designations are almost moot these days, because most teams use multiple fronts. Stop thinking in such a narrow box. If they draft Miller at #2, they will have plans for how to maximize his ability.

OBF1
04-27-2011, 09:18 PM
Maylock is an idiot.... Half of the mane thinks that DL Phil Taylor or Marvin Austin will fall to Denver in the 2nd round. I trust the OM draft analyst's

mhgaffney
04-27-2011, 09:28 PM
Isn't Miller a tad on the small side at 237?

Soul-Bronco
04-27-2011, 09:39 PM

Not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, did you see the sports science clip on miller? dudes a beast

Wont let me embed http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=97902

BroncoInferno
04-27-2011, 09:41 PM

He weighed 246 at the combine. Plenty big for 4-3 SAM.

BroncoMan4ever
04-27-2011, 10:04 PM
also, Fox wants speed in his LBs, more than size.

rmsanger
04-27-2011, 10:06 PM
Please compare Miller's game to what kind of prospect Patrick Willis was!

Conklin
04-27-2011, 10:37 PM
Please compare Miller's game to what kind of prospect Patrick Willis was!

while your at it, can you compare mario williams and marcel dareus since they play the same positions like miller and willis?

Lestat
04-27-2011, 10:51 PM
i'm fine with Miller. didn't want him at #2 but if he, Peterson or Dareus is the guy they want then pick him and make sure he's the man for the job.

JDB7821
04-28-2011, 10:53 AM
http://www.1043thefan.com/channels/MikeEvansScottHastings/Story.aspx?ID=1408928

Doom is RDE, Ayers is LDE, what LB position does Miller play in the 4-3? You do realize we're no longer running a 3-4, right? What level of assurance is there that Miller can be something other than an edge rusher without being completely wasted?

I'm aware that Doom and Ayers are designated as the ends, but Ayers isn't the top pass rusher some think he is. He's going to be the base end and his best asset is going to be his rush defense. Miller will likely be the Sam, like many people have pointed out, but he has the ability to rush the passer from the line with Dumervil on 3rd and long or obvious passing situations.

It's pretty incredible that the same people knocking Miller for being able to play multiple positions in a defense are the same ones praising Dareus for it.

Rohirrim
04-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Maybe we can trade back into the first for Taylor. ???

cutthemdown
04-28-2011, 12:37 PM

I think he is saying some other team trades to GB spot and grabs QBS. His theory is GB and NE who have qbs, will deal with some teams in the 2nd round who know those qbs wont fall to them.

chrisp
04-28-2011, 01:04 PM
I'm slowly starting to get excited about the prospect of drafting Von Miller despite having been somewhat cool on him to begin with.

I See him playing SAM in the 4-3, but on obvious passing downs he will defintely come forward and put his hand in the dirt. Ayers, I can actually see moving inside on the same downs (as correctly pointed out elsewhere he has some pass-rush ability but he will never be a major league sack merchant so he can either provide some inside push or ride the pine).

This could give our 4-3 some versatility, plus add a great athelete to the front seven.....

......or it could just be a smokescreen and we're taking Dareus..... :-)