PDA

View Full Version : Had a conversation with D.J. & Champ last night about the draft

Carmelo15
04-27-2011, 04:24 PM
First of all, I work at a nightclub in downtown Denver. It's the most upscale club in Denver and Broncos and Nuggets players go there pretty frequently. There were about 5-7 Broncos players there last night. At the end of the night after most regular patrons had already left I got to talk Champ & D.J. They said they felt like going out to celebrate the lockout getting lifted. They were in Dove Valley yesterday evening and got to talk to their position coaches and Fox. Anyways I had to try and get some inside info on the draft of course.

According to Champ he got the impression we're taking Dareus in the first round. He & D.J. were both pretty happy about it too. They said they're coaches told them we're going to pick very heavily on defense especially with the first four picks.

D.J. kept talking about Martez Wilson. He was really excited about this guy and hopes we get him. He said John Fox even compared him to Jon Beason. Called him the best 4-3 LB in the draft. D.J. really wants this guy. He even said "don't be surprised if we move up to the end of round 1 to make sure we get him."

Take it for what it's worth but these guys talked to their coaches last night. The cool part was seeing NFL players of their caliber talk about the draft. They sounded as excited about it as a fan like myself would be. They're both cool guys, especially D.J.

They may not be making the decision makers but they got to talk to some guys who have input into the decision. If the draft goes as they described, expect something like this:

2. Marcell Dareus DT Alabama
TRADE: #36 & #67 to Patriots for #28 and #92
28. Martez Wilson MLB Illinois
46. D.J. mentioned possible trade down here
92. Best defensive player available

Personally I would be lukewarm on this draft. We get some good players but I don't feel like we need to move up for Martez Wilson and I was convinced from Elway that we would be picking BPA and fill in our needs more through free agency. This is more of a needs draft than I thought. What would you guys think about this draft?

oubronco
04-27-2011, 04:24 PM
Deja vue

phibacka31
04-27-2011, 04:25 PM
What other players were there with them?

BroncoInferno
04-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Wow, the exact same thing happened to this other dude! I hope you called DJ a cab :D

Carmelo15
04-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Renaldo Hill was the only other guy at their table. Cox and Vaughn were there but separate. Knowshon and Eddie Royal come here all the time tho.

How do you change the thread title?

Carmelo15
04-27-2011, 04:29 PM
Wow, the exact same thing happened to this other dude! I hope you called DJ a cab ;D

haha i tried like twenty times to post this thread but had problems. Then I finally get it posted but many of you have already heard this. I just wanted everyone to get a chance to read it as well.

GreatBronco16
04-27-2011, 04:29 PM
So they got to spend a couple hours with Fox, and now DJ thinks he knows how Fox is going to draft??? LOL

Yeah ok.

McDman
04-27-2011, 04:36 PM
Renaldo Hill was the only other guy at their table. Cox and Vaughn were there but separate. Knowshon and Eddie Royal come here all the time tho.

How do you change the thread title?

Is Eddie a nice guy? I've heard from multiple people that he's very friendly and down to earth.

Carmelo15
04-27-2011, 04:37 PM
Is Eddie a nice guy? I've heard from multiple people that he's very friendly and down to earth.

Absolutely. Eddie is one of the coolest athletes I've ever met. He just acts like a normal guy and treats everyone just the same.

Requiem
04-27-2011, 04:38 PM
I can't wait to move to Denvah!!!

And Carmello, thanks for making this it's own thread. great news. You Deserve it budy!!!

RhymesayersDU
04-27-2011, 04:39 PM
So they got to spend a couple hours with Fox, and now DJ thinks he knows how Fox is going to draft??? LOL

Yeah ok.

So you post on a message board, and you think you know more than players on the team??? LOL

Yeah ok.

Even if DJ is wrong or whatever, you're an idiot.

Mogulseeker
04-27-2011, 04:40 PM
Wow, the exact same thing happened to this other dude! I hope you called DJ a cab :D

Last night I was going over my investment portfolio with Warren Buffet on his private island in Hawaii.... after a round of golf with Tiger Woods, Scarlett Johansson just comes up and blows me. Didn't say anything, she just blew me. Afterwards, we took a yacht to Honolulu, where Barack Obama's sister told me that Barry (as Warren and I call him) was going to mandate that the Broncos take Patrick Peterson... I just about spilled all the foi gras and Dom Perignon all over the table.

Carmelo15
04-27-2011, 04:42 PM
Last night I was going over my investment portfolio with Warren Buffet on his private island in Hawaii.... after a round of golf with Tiger Woods, Scarlett Johansson just comes up and blows me. Didn't say anything, she just blew me. Afterwards, we took a yacht to Honolulu, where Barack Obama's sister told me that Barry (as Warren and I call him) was going to mandate that the Broncos take Patrick Peterson.

Inferno was just teasing me cuz I posted this exact post in another thread before I was able to post it in its own thread, finally.

FireFly
04-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Absolutely. Eddie is one of the coolest athletes I've ever met. He just acts like a normal guy and treats everyone just the same.

I'm still holding out hope that he becomes a serious threat at WR. I just like how he plays - when he is used correctly

Rugby7
04-27-2011, 04:48 PM
So these guys are clientele at establishment you work, take the time to talk to you and you can't wait to post it on the internet. I would fire you.

maher_tyler
04-27-2011, 04:49 PM

I have him on facebook and he seems to fit this description.

illbroncsfn
04-27-2011, 04:51 PM
Just say NO NO NO NO to Martez Wilson. One of the most infuriating athletes I have ever watched- OOooddlles of talent- very minimal insticts- not a great football player....

Carmelo15
04-27-2011, 04:54 PM
So these guys are clientele at establishment you work, take the time to talk to you and you can't wait to post it on the internet. I would fire you.

Good thing I don't work for you then :thumbsup:

crush17
04-27-2011, 04:56 PM
LIGHTRAIL

Requiem
04-27-2011, 04:57 PM
I would give Carmelcorn a raise.

Broncoman13
04-27-2011, 05:06 PM

Yeah ok.

Yeah but Fox could have at least told him that we were going to draft good players. Like, were gonna draft Von Miller and trade back up for Liuget.

Carmelo15
04-27-2011, 05:08 PM
Yeah but Fox could have at least told him that we were going to draft good players. Like, were gonna draft Von Miller and trade back up for Liuget.

That would be awesome! I wish...

SonOfLe-loLang
04-27-2011, 05:10 PM
ugh, martez...just ugh

broncos-rock
04-27-2011, 05:16 PM
Thanks for sharing!!

eddie mac
04-27-2011, 05:20 PM
To take Wilson at either of our 2nd rd spots would be reaching IMHO, to trade up to take him would be Smithesque. This is the worst draft ever for linebackers so I'd love it if we just said no early and took a flier on a later pick and add a couple of guys to compete to start if we ever see FA or even give Mays a shot at the position.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-27-2011, 05:23 PM
Players never know as much as they think they do. Case in point, the lockout has been lifted for a day and a drunk DJ is already spilling what he claims to know.

Carmelo15
04-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Players never know as much as they think they do. Case in point, the lockout has been lifted for a day and a drunk DJ is already spilling what he claims to know.

Haha he wasn't drunk. D.J. is actually a pretty cool guy. Champ is the one who has more of a diva attitude

GoBroncos84
04-27-2011, 08:53 PM
I really think Wilson will be available at 46, so I would prefer a draft that started like this:

1- Marcell Dareus
2a- BPA between Phil Taylor, Marvin Austin, Stephen Paea
2b- Martez Wilson

Trading up for Wilson would be wasteful

R8R H8R
04-27-2011, 09:53 PM
According to Champ he got the impression we're taking Dareus in the first round. He & D.J. were both pretty happy about it too. They said they're coaches told them we're going to pick very heavily on defense especially with the first four picks.

D.J. kept talking about Martez Wilson. He was really excited about this guy and hopes we get him. He said John Fox even compared him to Jon Beason. Called him the best 4-3 LB in the draft. D.J. really wants this guy. He even said "don't be surprised if we move up to the end of round 1 to make sure we get him."

Take it for what it's worth but these guys talked to their coaches last night. The cool part was seeing NFL players of their caliber talk about the draft. They sounded as excited about it as a fan like myself would be. They're both cool guys, especially D.J.

They may not be making the decision makers but they got to talk to some guys who have input into the decision. If the draft goes as they described, expect something like this:

2. Marcell Dareus DT Alabama
TRADE: #36 & #67 to Patriots for #28 and #92
28. Martez Wilson MLB Illinois
46. D.J. mentioned possible trade down here
92. Best defensive player available

Personally I would be lukewarm on this draft. We get some good players but I don't feel like we need to move up for Martez Wilson and I was convinced from Elway that we would be picking BPA and fill in our needs more through free agency. This is more of a needs draft than I thought. What would you guys think about this draft?

Thanks for the post. Cool story, even if the players are just talking ****.

Here are my thoughts:

Champ said he got the impression that Dareus was the pick. Big difference from being told outright. Dareus may be the pick only if certain things play out, but we, and they(the players), won't know 'till tomorrow.

The coaches are only throwing out names like Wilson to DJ, for example, to play on the player's ego. That doesn't mean they are going to draft them at a certain spot, if at all.

The 1st trade mentioned would really only make sense if the Broncos stay @ #2 and pick Miller or Peterson, and they want to trade up to get the BPA @ DT like Liuget. I would really dig this scenario.

Trading the #46 should be the case regardless. For example, just moving back 10 spots to #56 would be about 100 pts. in value. 100 pts would net a high 3rd or two low 3rds. I think this is a no-brainer, if they can find a partner.

Anyway, all the talk going on right now out of Dove Valley at least tells me they are considering all options; and with that, how can we argue? :thumbs:

baja
04-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the feed back C-15. I know you didn't have to share this too bad some guys need to be a dick to you for the effort

Carmelo15
04-27-2011, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the feed back C-15. I know you didn't have to share this too bad some guys need to be a dick to you for the effort

Appreciate it. I could care less if they believe me they're not anybody to me. I just know that I've been grateful when others share any inside info they can and I knew some of you would as well.

BroncoMan4ever
04-27-2011, 10:36 PM
Appreciate it. I could care less if they believe me they're not anybody to me. I just know that I've been grateful when others share any inside info they can and I knew some of you would as well.

what club is it that you work at? it isn't the one where DWill happened is it?

Carmelo15
04-27-2011, 10:44 PM
what club is it that you work at? it isn't the one where DWill happened is it?

No not even close man. I'd rather not say but it's in LoDo. That club we're D-Will got shot was off like Broadway & 7th are I believe. The club I work at is very upscale, bottle service and such. Like a Vegas style club, I'm sure you could figure it out from that.

24champ
04-28-2011, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the update.

GreatBronco16
04-28-2011, 02:03 PM
So you post on a message board, and you think you know more than players on the team??? LOL

Yeah ok.

Even if DJ is wrong or whatever, you're an idiot.

Easy there buddy. Put your pampers back on.

crush17
04-28-2011, 02:15 PM
No not even close man. I'd rather not say but it's in LoDo. That club we're D-Will got shot was off like Broadway & 7th are I believe. The club I work at is very upscale, bottle service and such. Like a Vegas style club, I'm sure you could figure it out from that.

Ooooh bottle service even!

I have news for you partner, nearly every single club in Denver provides bottle service of some sort. Look at this clown... "oh hey im a bar back at a club in lodo and ive seen broncos players there yaaaaay"

Psssh.

Broncoman13
04-28-2011, 02:20 PM
Man, I hope what Melo is saying doesn't come true, but I am not gonna bag on him for passing the info!

broncosteven
04-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Anyone else remember when Keyshon Johnson was on the draft coverage and was pimping some other position for TB and they ended up taking a WR with their 1st pick and he was out on his ass within a year, or was it less?

Carmelo15
04-28-2011, 02:31 PM
Ooooh bottle service even!

I have news for you partner, nearly every single club in Denver provides bottle service of some sort. Look at this clown... "oh hey im a bar back at a club in lodo and ive seen broncos players there yaaaaay"

Psssh.

Get a life. Nobody's trying to sound like they're better than anybody except you. Clown

broncosteven
04-28-2011, 02:44 PM
Get a life. Nobody's trying to sound like they're better than anybody except you. Clown

Just admit it, you were talking to some random dudes while showering at the 16th street Y after watching a marathon of Judy Garland TV specials...

LOL

/jk

Garcia Bronco
04-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Was DJ sober? Tell that asshole to get his drunk ass out of our community

Carmelo15
04-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Just admit it, you were talking to some random dudes while showering at the 16th street Y after watching a marathon of Judy Garland TV specials...

LOL

/jk

Haha I don't even know who Judy Garland is bro that's before my time

oubronco
04-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Well one for one

crush17
04-28-2011, 06:34 PM
Well one for one

lol

McDman
04-28-2011, 06:47 PM
Haha he wasn't drunk. D.J. is actually a pretty cool guy. Champ is the one who has more of a diva attitude

I've heard Champ is a douche.

Mogulseeker
04-28-2011, 06:50 PM
lol

I mean, whether or not he talked to them is irrelevant... I'm sure Fox didn't share anything with the players before the draft - need to know basis.

Carmelo15
04-28-2011, 07:40 PM
I have no reason to lie. I could care less if you don't believe me. I'm glad we took Von Miller. I won't be mad at Martez but I hope we don't trade up for him

OBF1
04-28-2011, 08:03 PM
Note to self:

1) Just because someone is black, do not assume they are Denver Broncos
2) Said drunk guys tell you who they are going to pick, do not share it on a public message board and look like a want-to-be know it all

broncosteven
04-28-2011, 08:07 PM
Note to self:

1) Just because someone is black, do not assume they are Denver Broncos
2) Said drunk guys tell you who they are going to pick, do not share it on a public message board and look like a want-to-be know it all

I assume any white dude over 70 with a flattop buzz cut is Gene Kranz.

OBF1
04-28-2011, 08:09 PM
I assume any white dude over 70 with a flattop buzz cut is Gene Kranz.

only if he is wearing a vest :thumbs:

Carmelo15
04-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Don't worry I won't be sharing anymore stories w Broncos players. No one trying to look like a know it all. I see how it is now. Won't happen again.

oubronco
04-28-2011, 08:14 PM
Don't worry I won't be sharing anymore stories w Broncos players. No one trying to look like a know it all. I see how it is now. Won't happen again.

Damn it I appreciated it

phibacka31
04-28-2011, 08:15 PM

I liked the insight Carmelo! Seriously some people in here are never happy...

schaaf
04-28-2011, 08:20 PM
Thanks Carmelo... No need for guys to be douchebags in here... Hope you continue to do it

OBF1
04-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Thanks Carmelo... No need for guys to be douchebags in here... Hope you continue to do it

Continue to do what....pass mis-information? Because some of us never bought into what the "alleged" players "allegedly" told a waiter does not make us douchebags.

DHallblows
04-28-2011, 08:28 PM
I hope you've learned you lesson. Don't post things on a message board if they could possibly turnout to be wrong...because everyone else reading it are douche bags and will attack you for it.

Carmelo15
04-28-2011, 08:29 PM
There was no mis-information. All I did was pass on what I was told. As far as the conversation "allegedly" happening with "Broncos", don't believe I don't care dude you're nobody to me I don't even know your real name, you don't know mine. It's whatever

24champ
04-28-2011, 08:29 PM
Continue to do what....pass mis-information? Because some of us never bought into what the "alleged" players "allegedly" told a waiter does not make us douchebags.

So what man? He wasn't coming across like he knew more than everyone else on this forum. He was just passing along some information he got at his work. It happens all the time on this forum, someone brings up some information they got, and next thing you know they get crapped on.

This is why Wabbit doesn't post on the OM anymore.

oubronco
04-28-2011, 08:33 PM

What? He said they would take Miller and they did then he said they would trade up for Wilson and they tried for who we don't know it could've been for Wilson

Carmelo15
04-28-2011, 08:41 PM
What? He said they would take Miller and they did then he said they would trade up for Wilson and they tried for who we don't know it could've been for Wilson

No Champ was convinced we were taking Dareus actually. As far Martez that remains to be seen. I know D.J. was giddy about teaming up with him

Rock Chalk
04-28-2011, 09:29 PM

If his facebook is any indication, eddie is probably the coolest bronco of them all.

Chris
04-28-2011, 09:49 PM
There was no mis-information. All I did was pass on what I was told. As far as the conversation "allegedly" happening with "Broncos", don't believe I don't care dude you're nobody to me I don't even know your real name, you don't know mine. It's whatever

Don't listen to the idiots. This was awesome. Thank you.

ZachKC
04-28-2011, 10:50 PM
These things always turn out the same way. It is pretty axiomatic in message board lore that a "I heard this and this at such and such place" absolutely will not turn out. Legit or not.

Dedhed
04-28-2011, 10:53 PM
You're pretty much an idiot, aren't you?

ZachKC
04-28-2011, 10:56 PM
In this case I don't really doubt what was said...I felt before your picks came out that everyone was giving too much credit to how connected those players are to the strategy and thought process of the team leading up to draft day.

broncosteven
04-29-2011, 05:00 AM
In this case I don't really doubt what was said...I felt before your picks came out that everyone was giving too much credit to how connected those players are to the strategy and thought process of the team leading up to draft day.

Hence my comment about KJ getting schooled on air during draft coverage:
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3167741&postcount=38

Carmelo15
04-29-2011, 06:58 AM
I have a story about Knowshon from just last night but if you didn't believe this one about Champ & D.J. you'd never believe this one. Knowshon is hilarious but some of you wouldn't be too happy about his actions last night lol

SureShot
04-29-2011, 06:59 AM
I have a story about Knowshon from just last night but if you didn't believe this one about Champ & D.J. you'd never believe this one. Knowshon is hilarious but some of you wouldn't be too happy about his actions last night lol

**** the rest spill it.

Kaylore
04-29-2011, 07:12 AM
Carmelo I feel your pain. I remember being ripped for similar things when you're just passing on what you heard. Do what I do. Make "predictions" based on what you hear then people will think you're a football genius when it happens. If the information you got was bad, or if the situation changes as often happens, no one seems to care when you "predicted" wrong. Trust me. Its the best way to get it out there without angering the mob. For some reason people don't like hearing you know something from talking to someone and get immediately suspicious and resentful.

KO5K
04-29-2011, 07:14 AM

You can't say that and then not tell us...

oubronco
04-29-2011, 07:14 AM
Go Carmelo GO

Spider
04-29-2011, 07:15 AM
;D just goes to show , players have no more of clue who is doing what then we do ....
the only inside info they have is the playbook .....well and Injury reports

vancejohnson82
04-29-2011, 07:20 AM
I had a conversation with Elway, Fox and Bobby Humphrey on Chat Roulette last night.....

I saw all of their dangles and we talked about the draft. They said we will be taking Bowers

Crushaholic
04-29-2011, 07:21 AM
I suppose it IS possible that the Broncos were going to take Marcell, but had a change of heart at the last minute...

alkemical
04-29-2011, 07:25 AM
you do realize, that it was stated the players even stated they didn't know - they just relayed some of the generalities of what the coaches talked about.

Sheesh.

http://www.survivingthestores.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/hooked-on-phonics.gif

Carmelo15
04-29-2011, 07:40 AM
As far as Knowshon last night, I'd have to tell the story so unspecifically that it wouldn't even be that great. It's more of a story I'd have to tell some of you in person at the next Omane get together. I don't wanna make him look bad. He's really cool personally, next to Eddie probably my favorite Bronco as far as how they act with others. But knowshon gets wild. Maybe I'll disclose more later today if ppl stop acting childish but there's already lames chastising me.

i4jelway7
04-29-2011, 07:47 AM
As far as Knowshon last night, I'd have to tell the story so unspecifically that it wouldn't even be that great. It's more of a story I'd have to tell some of you in person at the next Omane get together. I don't wanna make him look bad. He's really cool personally, next to Eddie probably my favorite Bronco as far as how they act with others. But knowshon gets wild. Maybe I'll disclose more later today if ppl stop acting childish but there's already lames chastising me.

was it a story on how he fooled the Broncos into drafting him in the 1st round when he is really a 2nd round talent

alkemical
04-29-2011, 07:53 AM

**** or get off the pot, stop fluffing.

Rabb
04-29-2011, 07:54 AM
yeah you cannot do that man, if you knew you couldn't tell us...why tease?

just tell it

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-29-2011, 08:00 AM
Just remember, Carmelo, that a lot of the posters on this board are miserable human beings who merely complain about anything and everything. It's not you. It's them.

Carmelo15
04-29-2011, 08:03 AM
Last night we had a runway contest for Hooters' swimsuit calendar. Two of the judges just happened to be Knowshon and Terrell Davis. It was really cool seeing them hang out together. Don't know what was said but TD was talking to him a lot and Knowshon seemed pretty engaged. Given the surroundings I doubt much if it had to do with football but it was still cool seeing them hang out. TD left at early at about 11 or so. First of all 3 of the girls literally are saying they're Knowshon's girlfriend. So at the end of the night two of them confront him about it and he just laughs about it and says "y'all both my girls" in a can't we just all get along kind of tone. Next thing you know security has to escort these chicks out. The rest of the story I can't say because it was actually against league rules and Knowshon could get in trouble. Sorry guys

alkemical
04-29-2011, 08:05 AM
that story was like a wonderbra. All the build up, and then it falls flat. I'm on your side Carmelo15, but i thought it was going to be some good info dammit.

LOL!

Carmelo15
04-29-2011, 08:05 AM
Basically the rest of the story is he comes up to my boy and says "man these girls are crazy meet me at the car when you get off" Hint: my boy has "chronic back pain"

alkemical
04-29-2011, 08:06 AM
Basically the rest of the story is he comes up to my boy and says "man these girls are crazy meet me at the car when you get off" Hint: my boy has "chronic back pain"

There we go!!!!

LRtagger
04-29-2011, 08:06 AM
He snorted HGH out of their ass cracks?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-29-2011, 08:07 AM

Pro athletes smoking weed? Le shock!

I have a buddy who worked downtown for a long time, sounds like a similar club to the one you work at, and he used to call Champ "sticky" because of the residue on the guy's fingers. Homeboy loves the green, and I'm not talking about money.

No judging.

alkemical
04-29-2011, 08:08 AM

I have a buddy who worked downtown for a long time, sounds like a similar club to the one you work at, and he used to call Champ "sticky" because of the residue on the guy's fingers. Homeboy loves the green, and I'm not talking about money.

No judging.

www.passyourdrugtest.com

:D

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-29-2011, 08:11 AM
www.passyourdrugtest.com

:D

hey hey hey

smoke weed every day.

Pony Boy
04-29-2011, 08:17 AM
Just remember, Carmelo, that a lot of the posters on this board are miserable human beings who merely complain about anything and everything. It's not you. It's them.

So is this your attempt at a self-portrait?

broncosteven
04-29-2011, 08:51 AM

No judging.

I used to think that show "Weeds" was a farce but apparently everyone does smoke weed everywhere and have babies with drug lords in order to stay alive after exposing mule tunnels into the USA.

BTW I have never had an Iced coffee either but they must be ubiquitous as weed is.

Gort
04-29-2011, 08:52 AM

if your story doesn't include the following words, we won't believe you.

1) Shanahan
2) fishing
3) Mexico

we won't.

Gort
04-29-2011, 08:56 AM

i hate the Lakers and the NBA.

i don't hate your avatar.

+1

;D

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-29-2011, 09:06 AM
So is this your attempt at a self-portrait?

No, but you came right to it like a moth to the flame.

Aren't you late for your Klan meeting?

Spider
04-29-2011, 09:10 AM
He snorted HGH out of their ass cracks?

wish I had some HGH

TheReverend
04-29-2011, 09:27 AM
Carmelo I feel your pain. I remember being ripped for similar things when you're just passing on what you heard. Do what I do. Make "predictions" based on what you hear then people will think you're a football genius when it happens. If the information you got was bad, or if the situation changes as often happens, no one seems to care when you "predicted" wrong. Trust me. Its the best way to get it out there without angering the mob. For some reason people don't like hearing you know something from talking to someone and get immediately suspicious and resentful.

I have no idea who would do such a thing to you!

:wave: