PDA

View Full Version : Eve of the Draft: Rumors & Speculation

Requiem
04-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Here is a thread to post last minute draft rumors, regarding the Broncos or any team. I've been discussing this with some friends at NFLDC and here is what they have said. I will discuss the most important rumors, IMHO.

Per Scott Wright, (working the phones all day):

Cameron Jordan @ 10 to the Washington Redskins is heating up.
Marvin Austin in the first round to the Philadelphia Eagles.

Other Sources:

The Chicago Bears love Gabe Carimi.
Mark Ingram to the New York Giants.
Kansas City covets Julio Jones.

Carmelo15
04-27-2011, 04:01 PM
Broncos take Dareus and Martez Wilson with first two picks - D.J. & Champ

Shananahan
04-27-2011, 04:38 PM
This actually makes a lot of sense.

ICON
04-27-2011, 05:13 PM
If Kerrigan falls the Jets will hop on him. They are buzzing about Phil Taylor and Rex sees Trevor Pryce in Muhammed Wilkerson.

Hot rumor going around now is an Arizona-Houston swap. Houston would take Peterson, haven't the slightest clue who we would take.

Cleveland Fielding a lot of calls to trade down. Teams want to jump in front of San Francisco and Tennessee to secure a quarterback.

Washington Ive been saying for two weeks that trading up is a possibility, and I still strongly believe that it is. Theyre targeting Jake Locker, like many others are right now.

One that's doing the rounds is that the Pats and the Chargers want to draft Cam Jordan and both are looking to trade up spots to land him.

SpringStein
04-27-2011, 05:52 PM
I DON'T want to see Jordan on the Chargers.

elsid13
04-27-2011, 05:58 PM
If Kerrigan falls the Jets will hop on him. They are buzzing about Phil Taylor and Rex sees Trevor Pryce in Muhammed Wilkerson.

Hot rumor going around now is an Arizona-Houston swap. Houston would take Peterson, haven't the slightest clue who we would take.

Cleveland Fielding a lot of calls to trade down. Teams want to jump in front of San Francisco and Tennessee to secure a quarterback.

Washington Ive been saying for two weeks that trading up is a possibility, and I still strongly believe that it is. Theyre targeting Jake Locker, like many others are right now.

One that's doing the rounds is that the Pats and the Chargers want to draft Cam Jordan and both are looking to trade up spots to land him.

I could see Washington trading with NE. The two NE firsts or combo of their first and seconds.

Requiem
04-27-2011, 06:00 PM
I DON'T want to see Jordan on the Chargers.

Me either, Spring.

Next to Patrick Peterson, he's my favorite prospect. He's going to be GREAT.

BroncoInferno
04-27-2011, 06:04 PM
Me either, Spring.

If we were to move down and draft him, can he play DT? I think Ayers is going to be a very good strong side end, so I don't see the fit if he can't play inside.

Requiem
04-27-2011, 06:05 PM
Yes, he can play inside or out.

BroncoInferno
04-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Yes, he can play inside or out.

Works for me, though it seems most analysts are projecting him to DE in the 3-4.

Requiem
04-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Well yeah, it's a natural fit because of what he did at Cal, but I still think he would work well inside or as a LDE for our team. I'm not sold on Ayers, but I agree that the switch to the 4-3 will do wonders for his potential.

BroncoInferno
04-27-2011, 06:12 PM
Well yeah, it's a natural fit because of what he did at Cal, but I still think he would work well inside or as a LDE for our team. I'm not sold on Ayers, but I agree that the switch to the 4-3 will do wonders for his potential.

I'd rather see what Ayers can do before sinking a premium pick into his replacement. I thought he was really starting to establish himself last season before he broke his foot (he was playing like a terror against the run), and that was playing at OLB, which I think was an awkward fit for his skill set. I really like him at strong side end. But if Fox and co. like Jordan as a DT, I would be cool with that.

BroncoMan4ever
04-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Here is a thread to post last minute draft rumors, regarding the Broncos or any team. I've been discussing this with some friends at NFLDC and here is what they have said. I will discuss the most important rumors, IMHO.

Per Scott Wright, (working the phones all day):

Cameron Jordan @ 10 to the Washington Redskins is heating up.
Marvin Austin in the first round to the Philadelphia Eagles.

Other Sources:

The Chicago Bears love Gabe Carimi.
Kansas City covets Julio Jones.

dammit i do not want to see Julio Jones in KC. he may not be the number 1 prospect at WR this year, but in 3 years he will be the better of him and Green. dude is going to be a straight up beast

TheReverend
04-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Me either, Spring.

LOVE Cameron Jordan.

I actually considered him at #5 in the OM Mock draft because he's ****ing awesome, but Miller fit the need so well and AZ's 2 5 tech's are F'ing studs already.

I'm really big on Cameron Heyward too, even though he didn't make that elite leap from his Junior to Senior year. He's SOOOOOOOO powerful on the line.

TheReverend
04-27-2011, 07:51 PM
LOVE Cameron Jordan.

I actually considered him at #5 in the OM Mock draft because he's ****ing awesome, but Miller fit the need so well and AZ's 2 5 tech's are F'ing studs already.

I'm really big on Cameron Heyward too, even though he didn't make that elite leap from his Junior to Senior year. He's SOOOOOOOO powerful on the line.

^ To compound, if Heyward managed to slide to 36 (not that big of a stretch) would boner so hard if we selected him to play inside.

OrangeSe7en
04-27-2011, 07:53 PM
If Fox is being honest in this interview about pressure vs. coverage and the strength of the Denver defense, it doesnt seem like its going to be Peterson.

http://www.1043thefan.com/channels/MikeEvansScottHastings/Story.aspx?ID=1408928

BroncoInferno
04-27-2011, 08:01 PM
^ To compound, if Heyward managed to slide to 36 (not that big of a stretch) would boner so hard if we selected him to play inside.

You think he projects well to DT in Fox's defense? Like Jordan, I see most analysts projecting him to 3-4 DE.

TheReverend
04-27-2011, 08:07 PM
You think he projects well to DT in Fox's defense? Like Jordan, I see most analysts projecting him to 3-4 DE.

Sure. He's 290-295 right now. Not a stretch at all.

BroncoMan4ever
04-27-2011, 08:17 PM
Sure. He's 290-295 right now. Not a stretch at all.

what type of DL does Fox tend to use for his defense.

is it like Bates with his big fat space eaters in the middle and smaller DEs

like the Cowboys who want mass on the lines

or lighter quicker DL

because i know he values speed to size on his LBs but i am not sure how he wants his linemen.

TheReverend
04-27-2011, 08:28 PM
what type of DL does Fox tend to use for his defense.

is it like Bates with his big fat space eaters in the middle and smaller DEs

like the Cowboys who want mass on the lines

or lighter quicker DL

because i know he values speed to size on his LBs but i am not sure how he wants his linemen.

I don't think he really cares about the stereo-type.

Jenkins was monstrous but he played him a gap away from the nose.

Kemoeatu was similarly ginormous.

In 2009 he had 300 lbers Damione Lewish and older than Moses Hollis Thomas

Last year he had 295lb Nick Hayden and 280 lb Derek Landri

He just likes guys that are disruptive. Guys that can hold up, but can still get push and penetrate.

BroncoMan4ever
04-27-2011, 08:31 PM
I don't think he really cares about the stereo-type.

Jenkins was monstrous but he played him a gap away from the nose.

Kemoeatu was similarly ginormous.

In 2009 he had 300 lbers Damione Lewish and older than Moses Hollis Thomas

Last year he had 295lb Nick Hayden and 280 lb Derek Landri

He just likes guys that are disruptive. Guys that can hold up, but can still get push and penetrate.

so basically exactly what Heyward is

SoDak Bronco
04-27-2011, 08:34 PM
haha i took Cam Jordan at #12 in the OMANE mock draft, i know it wasn't a huge need for the vikes but i really like his game, the dude is going to be really good. Always interesting to see if he'll go before or after when I selected him, glad to hear he is rising up the boards.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-27-2011, 08:34 PM
I can't shake this feeling that we're smokescreening with all this Von Miller talk to get Arizona to move up. Can't explain it, just a gut feeling.

If we moved back a few spots and were still able to pick up Peterson? Oh, man...

Broncoman13
04-27-2011, 08:38 PM
Just heard that barring an 11th hour change of heart the pick will be Dareus. The three are split. Elway wants Peterson, X wants Fairley and Fox wants Dareus. They all agree that Miller is their 1b guy.... Which is why it could be Miller. But looks like Fox could get his way.

OrangeSe7en
04-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Just heard that barring an 11th hour change of heart the pick will be Dareus. The three are split. Elway wants Peterson, X wants Fairley and Fox wants Dareus. They all agree that Miller is their 1b guy.... Which is why it could be Miller. But looks like Fox could get his way.

Where did you hear this? It seems made up.

JCMElway
04-27-2011, 08:52 PM
I can't shake this feeling that we're smokescreening with all this Von Miller talk to get Arizona to move up. Can't explain it, just a gut feeling.

If we moved back a few spots and were still able to pick up Peterson? Oh, man...

I just spooged all over myself. And it wasn't your avatar.

this time.......

BroncoMan4ever
04-27-2011, 08:52 PM
Where did you hear this? It seems made up.

i concur. where did this information come from?

outdoor_miner
04-27-2011, 08:54 PM

Looks like Joe Ellis breaks the 3-way tie... ;)

BroncoInferno
04-27-2011, 08:56 PM

Eh. Hope Elway pulls rank. I'll be fine if we pick Dareus, just think we may look back on a missed opportunity when Dareus is a good player but Peterson and Miller are elite players. Hopefully, Carolina will do the sane thing and take Dareus in stead of Newton so we will be forced to go with one of the elites.

BroncoMan4ever
04-27-2011, 09:00 PM

that's the way it shoudl be. Fox is the one who needs to work with these draft picks. you can't saddle him with a player who could very well be the cornerstone of this team if he isn't sure about him or doesn't even want him

where did this info come from though

R8R H8R
04-27-2011, 09:01 PM

Not saying I believe this, but assuming there is a split of opinion of the 3, I would imagine that Elway & X would defer to Fox on defensive players, as they should.

I don't think either one has developed the ego yet @ player personnel to think that they know what's a better fit for his D than he does.

Which is why I won't be upset with probably any "D" pick in the 1st round as it would most likely be Fox's pick anyway.

Broncoman13
04-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Certain scout that will go untamed to protect him from his speaking out of turn. He had similar comments earlier on air, so its probably not a big deal, just didn't say who liked who.

You know that Elway doesn't like the idea of a DT do to the short career, and it stands to reason that Elway likes PP best given his remarks about his size, athletics, and ability to make plays. Though I have heard in the past that Fox really likes PP as well. X's love for Fairley isn't new, been discussed before. But why does Fox have so much love for Dareus? He hasn't addresses Dareus hardly at all, almost referring to him as that other guy.... Smokescreen?

SoCalBronco
04-27-2011, 09:13 PM

Good. I hope you are right.

Go Fox...Go Dareus!

Broncoman13
04-27-2011, 09:17 PM
Not me being right. I have no more inside connections... Just happened to run into a scout that presented all four players last week and the beginning of this week.

OrangeSe7en
04-27-2011, 09:18 PM
Certain scout that will go untamed to protect him from his speaking out of turn. He had similar comments earlier on air, so its probably not a big deal, just didn't say who liked who.

You know that Elway doesn't like the idea of a DT do to the short career, and it stands to reason that Elway likes PP best given his remarks about his size, athletics, and ability to make plays. Though I have heard in the past that Fox really likes PP as well. X's love for Fairley isn't new, been discussed before. But why does Fox have so much love for Dareus? He hasn't addresses Dareus hardly at all, almost referring to him as that other guy.... Smokescreen?

"Untamed" doesnt sound right. Do you mean "unchained"?

SoDak Bronco
04-27-2011, 09:19 PM
i'll trust schefty over these light rail sources anyday ...MILLER TIME

IHaveALight
04-27-2011, 09:21 PM
i'll trust schefty over these light rail sources anyday ...MILLER TIME

+1 to that!

BroncoInferno
04-27-2011, 09:21 PM
Good. I hope you are right.

Go Fox...Go Dareus!

Why would you prefer the inferior prospect to Peterson and Miller (and Fairley if not for the ridiculous Swift Boat-style smear campaign against him)?

NFLBRONCO
04-27-2011, 09:23 PM
I thought Elway had final say

OrangeSe7en
04-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Why would you prefer the inferior prospect to Peterson and Miller (and Fairley if not for the ridiculous Swift Boat-style smear campaign against him)?

Who says he's inferior?

BroncoInferno
04-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Who says he's inferior?

Me, and anyone with eyes. I like Dareus, and will be fine if we draft him, but he was never even a 1st team all-conference in college. Good production, but not great. If a guy wasn't a dominant player at the collegiate level (and Dareus wasn't on a consistent basis), then the odds of him becoming a dominant player in the NFL are remote. Miller, Peterson and Fairley were dominant collegians who each have a skill set that projects to All-Pro performance at the next level. I think Dareus is a bit overated based on what he did in college. Again, I like him and think he's a fine prospect, but there is better available at #2.

NFLBRONCO
04-27-2011, 09:34 PM
Does anyone think we still might move down tomorrow?

enjolras
I really want Miller.

Finger Roll
I hope they don't pick a DT with the second pick in the draft. The bust rate for DT's is way too high. Plus they don't play at a high level for very long.

SoCalBronco
04-27-2011, 09:37 PM

I don't agree that he's inferior. Dareus is a great all around DT. Fairley only did it for one year. Dareus can rush the passer and can also play the run quite well. He's very versatile and that's important as I dont think we can start assuming we're going to stay in the same scheme every year. I want an all around strong DT that is consistent and proven and can play in a variety of fronts. We haven't had the same defensive scheme two years in a row for several years now. This organization is not exactly a model of stability at present, so I dont think trying to get scheme specific DL is a huge priority. Get guys who are versatile and proven and can play. I'd take Dareus every day over the other two. Peterson is a good talent, but I think we really need to address the line. We've put it aside far too long. We have literally nothing at DT right now. Nothing. While our secondary is aging, at least we've brought in some young prospects the last few years and Champ was just re-signed so its not as dire a spot as DT. We've got to get someone who can keep the guys off the backers and I think Dareus is that guy.

Broncoman13
04-27-2011, 09:39 PM
I just hope its Miller or Peterson. Trade down to 5 or 6 and then you can start talking the DTs... If Miller and PP are gome.

As for the three each having guys that they like more than the other... Bound to happen. Curious how they will break the tie... Perhaps go with Miller who seems to have consistent support.

KevinJames
04-27-2011, 09:39 PM
Broncos to start shopping Orton tomorrow and more than likely Kyle Orton will be traded Friday for a 2nd or 3rd round pick, you heard it here first.

Broncojef
04-27-2011, 09:43 PM
Broncos to start shopping Orton tomorrow and more than likely Kyle Orton will be traded Friday for a 2nd or 3rd round pick, you heard it here first.

That would be nice. I just want Defense in the first. I've heard all the arguments for and against everyone 100 times. Just get starters for our defense and I'm happy.

BroncoInferno
04-27-2011, 09:47 PM
I don't agree that he's inferior. Dareus is a great all around DT. Fairley only did it for one year.

True, but Fairley had more solo tackles, more tackles for loss, and more sacks in the one year than Dareus did in his final two seasons combined. Fairley can dominate rushing the passer and can also play the run quite well. Clay Matthews was a one year wonder as well.

He's very versatile and that's important as I dont think we can start assuming we're going to stay in the same scheme every year. I want an all around strong DT that is consistent and proven and can play in a variety of fronts. We haven't had the same defensive scheme two years in a row for several years now. This organization is not exactly a model of stability at present, so I dont think trying to get scheme specific DL is a huge priority. Get guys who are versatile and proven and can play. I'd take Dareus every day over the other two. Peterson is a good talent, but I think we really need to address the line. We've put it aside far too long. We have literally nothing at DT right now. Nothing. While our secondary is aging, at least we've brought in some young prospects the last few years and Champ was just re-signed so its not as dire a spot as DT. We've got to get someone who can keep the guys off the backers and I think Dareus is that guy.

I just don't see Dareus as a comparable prospect to Miller and Peterson at their respective positions. Dareus is a jack of all trades master of none type, IMHO. Peterson and Miller are elite at what they do. I think we can get prospects who are not too far off of Dareus in round 2, but there's no chance we get similar talent to Miller or Peterson (or Fairley for that matter) later on. I just think Dareus's all around skills have made him a tad overated, because he really doesn't dominate in any phase on a game to game basis. Just my humble opinion.

KevinJames
04-27-2011, 09:48 PM
That would be nice. I just want Defense in the first. I've heard all the arguments for and against everyone 100 times. Just get starters for our defense and I'm happy.

Don't worry we will go defense its either going to be Von Miller or Patrick Peterson, everyone keeps saying Xanders and Elway love the DT depth in this draft and feel they can get one in the 2nd round.

Carmelo15
04-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Don't worry we will go defense its either going to be Von Miller or Patrick Peterson, everyone keeps saying Xanders and Elway love the DT depth in this draft and feel they can get one in the 2nd round.

I hope you're right! Do you have sources or are you just speculating?

KevinJames
04-27-2011, 10:01 PM
I hope you're right! Do you have sources or are you just speculating?

A few insiders reported today that they like the depth and I have heard Xanders say on the radio that DL is deep in this draft and TV reporters saying Denver loves Von Miller. So a little of both.

People were saying they would rather get a can't miss guy like Peterson or Miller and a 2nd round DT over going with a DT first and another position of need later. LB and CB are the weakest classes in the draft.

it makes a lot of sense actually.

Carmelo15
04-27-2011, 10:06 PM
A few insiders reported today that they like the depth and I have heard Xanders say on the radio that DL is deep in this draft and TV reporters saying Denver loves Von Miller. So a little of both.

People were saying they would rather get a can't miss guy like Peterson or Miller and a 2nd round DT over going with a DT first and another position of need later. LB and CB are the weakest classes in the draft.

Are you referring to people like Adam Shefter and Kara Henderson?

I have no idea who we're taking. Last night two prominent Broncos tell me we're going Dareus-Martez Wilson. Before that I thought we were going Peterson. Now all day today I've been hearing Von Miller. So now I don't know what to believe!

BMarsh615
04-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Sal Paolantonio called it a "virtual certainty" that the Panthers will select Cam Newton with the No. 1 overall pick.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/63471292334084096

Baba Booey
04-27-2011, 10:55 PM
My train of thought is that Peterson could end up being the best player from this draft, and more than likely one of the best cornerbacks in the league, and we could still end up with a great DT like Paea in the second round.

Peterson + Paea > Dareus + Jimmy Smith/Brandon Harris, in my opinion.

Boss Man
04-27-2011, 11:33 PM
My train of thought is that Peterson could end up being the best player from this draft, and more than likely one of the best cornerbacks in the league, and we could still end up with a great DT like Paea in the second round.

i still dont get this...we have seen first hand what having the best cb in the league does for your D. it doesnt do jack **** when you dont have a pass rush, how do you people still not comprehend this?

or maybe im an idiot?

enlighten me

baja
04-27-2011, 11:37 PM
i still dont get this...we have seen first hand what having the best cb in the league does for your D. it doesnt do jack **** when you dont have a pass rush, how do you people still not comprehend this?

or maybe im an idiot?

enlighten me

No? Than why do the good ones get paid 60 million to play the position?

The Joker
04-27-2011, 11:42 PM

I don't think we'll look at CB in Round 2/3.

With Champ and Goodman we have two starters there for next year, and Cox, Thompson and Vaughn are decent young prospects at the position. (Syd'Quan could really benefit from playing in a Cover 2 IMO)

The reason they'd take Peterson is that they'd believe he's a can't miss prospect with potential to be an elite CB for many years. You can always use someone like that, regardless of your depth/need at the position.

But CB isn't high on our list of needs generally, so I think it'll be Peterson or nothing in the draft.

BroncoMan4ever
04-27-2011, 11:52 PM
No? Than why do the good ones get paid 60 million to play the position?

who was the first player outside of QBs to get a contract worth over 100 million dollars?

HAYNESWORTH

what does Haynesworth play?
DT

even in the money DT is seen as a bigger and more worthwhile investment than CB.

baja
04-28-2011, 12:07 AM
who was the first player outside of QBs to get a contract worth over 100 million dollars?

HAYNESWORTH

DT

even in the money DT is seen as a bigger and more worthwhile investment than CB.

One word- Snyder

BroncoMan4ever
04-28-2011, 12:20 AM
One word- Snyder

touche

however, even now a few seasons later no team has given a CB a deal in that range

Baba Booey
04-28-2011, 12:25 AM

or maybe im an idiot?

enlighten me

Well you're taking the most talented player in the draft in Peterson, and still getting your pass rusher in Paea.

I don't understand what's so hard to comprehend about that.

DivineLegion
04-28-2011, 12:43 AM
Peterson can play saftey with his size, and saftey just so happens to be one of our biggest defensive needs.

BroncoMan4ever
04-28-2011, 02:11 AM
Peterson can play saftey with his size, and saftey just so happens to be one of our biggest defensive needs.

true, but Safety with the number 2 overall pick? if that happens, Peterson better make Polomaulu look like Nick Ferguson

BroncoMan4ever
04-28-2011, 02:15 AM

sure they like the depth, but i think when it comes to defensive players they will probably defer to Fox. also, if Fox absolutely believes Dareus or Fairley are the guy that he can build a defense around more than any other DL in the draft, we all know that there is no way he doesn't convince Elway and the glorified mail room boy to pick who he wants

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-28-2011, 04:51 AM

or maybe im an idiot?

enlighten me

You still don't get that we have more than one draft pick?

Rabb
04-28-2011, 05:11 AM
Per 102.3 Facebook page...

Breaking News: Cecil Lammey reports their is interest in a possible deal between the Vikings and Broncos for Kyle Orton. Teams currently waiting to see if they'll be able to trade players tonight following Judge Nelson's ruling yesterday

cmhargrove
04-28-2011, 05:32 AM

HAYNESWORTH

DT

Did you regret this, even just a little but, after typing it?

Do you wish the Broncos had acquired Haynesworth and had payed him $30+ million for being a tub of doo-doo?

BroncoInferno
04-28-2011, 05:38 AM
Per 102.3 Facebook page...

Man, would be awesome if we could get a 2nd round pick. At that point, I think a trade down is out of the picture. I'm guessing Goodell won't allow it though.

TheReverend
04-28-2011, 05:39 AM
touche

however, even now a few seasons later no team has given a CB a deal in that range

Aside from the fact that Haynesworth will never realize all of his bloated contract:

Because the players dont structure it as long so they can get more contracts and all of the money in the contract?

Revis got 16.25 MILLION his first two years of his new deal alone and set it up so he'd be up for ANOTHER contract at only 28 years old. Oh and that was with the "home town discount" and not a FA bidding war. Nnamdi made 16.1 million last year and at almost 30 will probably sign a contract that will dwarf Haynesworth's in FA (*unless the owners are raging over the litigation)

Beat that?

TheReverend
04-28-2011, 05:51 AM

or maybe im an idiot?

enlighten me

I got bad news bro.

http://www.1099.com/graphics/illustrations/ihatetotellyoubut.gif

Rabb
04-28-2011, 05:56 AM
Man, would be awesome if we could get a 2nd round pick. At that point, I think a trade down is out of the picture. I'm guessing Goodell won't allow it though.

Well, it's not really a Goodell decision as much as it is a legal one right? I might be wrong here, but the league told teams that until they are told otherwise, they are open for business as it was before today.

OrangeSe7en
04-28-2011, 05:58 AM
You still don't get that we have more than one draft pick?

Yeah, so take a CB with one of them.

BroncoInferno
04-28-2011, 06:15 AM
Well, it's not really a Goodell decision as much as it is a legal one right? I might be wrong here, but the league told teams that until they are told otherwise, they are open for business as it was before today.

Honestly, I have no idea what the legal angles are. Someone in another thread mentioned that the owners would keep the freeze on, and use the excuse that they are simply waiting for Goodell to let them know when the "new year" begins. If that's accurate, they won't be able to get away with that for long, though it will probably prevent players from being moved this weekend. I guess we'll see.

TheReverend
04-28-2011, 06:22 AM
Honestly, I have no idea what the legal angles are. Someone in another thread mentioned that the owners would keep the freeze on, and use the excuse that they are simply waiting for Goodell to let them know when the "new year" begins. If that's accurate, they won't be able to get away with that for long, though it will probably prevent players from being moved this weekend. I guess we'll see.

Stay was rejected and said they would hold the NFL in contempt court if they proceeded that way.

Let's just hope the potential stay to the 8th court is rejected QUICKLY or that the NFL waits until post draft to even bother submitting it due to requests from coaches and GMs.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-28-2011, 06:27 AM
Yeah, so take a CB with one of them.

Oy. You're just not very smart.

The dropoff between Peterson and any second round CBs is 'uuuuuuge.

The dropoff between Dareus and someone like Paea is minimal.

I'm just not sure how else to explain this to you. I think you go to the store and ask to pay more than you need to for certain items. "We're out of milk, and we really need milk. This jug of milk is $3.50, but I would like to pay $4.50 for it because we REALLY need this milk.

It's idiotic. But if that's how you run your life, that's your business.

Rabb
04-28-2011, 06:28 AM

yeah same here

tsiguy96
04-28-2011, 06:39 AM
gosselins final mock draft. this guy is the gold standard in mock drafts.

1)Carolina:Cam Newton
2)Denver:Von Miller
3)Buffalo:Marcell Darius
4)Cincinnati:AJ Green
5)Arizona: Patrick Peterson
6)Cleveland:Julio Jones
7)San Francisco:Blaine Gabbert
8)Tennessee:Jake Locker
9)Dallas:Tyron Smith
10)Washington:Christian Ponder
11)Houston:Alson Smith
12)Minnesota:Andy Dalton
13)Detroit)Nick Fairley
14)St.Louis:Mark Ingram
15)Miami:Mike Pouncey
16)Jacksonville:Ryan Kerrigan
17)New England:Cam Jordan
18)San Diego: Cory Liuget
19)Giants: Nate Solder
20)Tampa Bay:Robert Quinn
21)Kansas City:Gabe Carimi
22)Indy:Anthony Castonzo
23)Eagles:Jimmy Smith
24)New Orlaeans:Adrian Clayborn
25)Seattle: Prince Amikamara
26)Baltimore: JJ Watt
27)Atlanta: Phil Taylor
28)New England: Danny Watkins
29)Chicago:Marvin Austin
30)Jets: Derrick Sherrod
31)Pittsburgh:Cam Heyward
32)Packers:Aaron Williams

TheReverend
04-28-2011, 06:43 AM

He is.

...but Locker at 8 would be the greatest injustice I've ever witnessed (close 2nd is Cam ****ing Newton at #1)

TheReverend
04-28-2011, 06:43 AM
Wait

Jesus Christ

5 QBs in the top half when NONE of them grade out to be top half first round picks?!?!? (imo at least)

tsiguy96
04-28-2011, 06:44 AM
He is.

...but Locker at 8 would be the greatest injustice I've ever witnessed (close 2nd is Cam ****ing Newton at #1)

may be so, but at the end of the day its truly hard to argue with what hes reporting as his mock, which is almost a template of how the next day will go sometimes (though he was off big time last year).

he has 5 QBs going in top 12 picks, and obviously thats not based on talent but teams swinging for the fences hoping that the pick wasnt a total waste. throwing talent evaluation out the window at that point.

CEH
04-28-2011, 06:46 AM
Bowers falls out of 1st round? Miller , Bowers, Paea? First 3 picks

BroncoInferno
04-28-2011, 06:51 AM
No way on earth Prince drops to 25.

WolfpackGuy
04-28-2011, 06:57 AM
Bowers falls out of 1st round? Miller , Bowers, Paea? First 3 picks

His knee must be more messed up than people are letting on.

He is dropping fast.

baja
04-28-2011, 06:59 AM
Locker will go at #2 hopefully not to denver but I got this real bad feeling Elway is going to trade Orton and take Locker at #2.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-28-2011, 06:59 AM
Worth the risk in the 2nd though

tsiguy96
04-28-2011, 07:00 AM
ESPN's Todd McShay said on SportsCenter Thursday morning that he "strongly believe(s)" the Broncos will take Texas A&M LB Von Miller with the No. 2 overall pick in the draft.
Mike Mayock and Kara Henderson of NFL Network agree with McShay. Henderson is on site at Broncos headquarters, and if we had to construct a mock draft right now, we'd probably give Miller the edge over Marcell Dareus. It's going to make pick No. 3 very interesting for the Bills. Buffalo could easily take Dareus, but Adam Schefter believes Blaine Gabbert is a serious possibility. Apr 28, 9:58 AM

just posted on roto

CEH
04-28-2011, 07:01 AM
Gooselin will be on www.denversportsstation.com at 8:00 am
or www.vicandgary.com

Gooselin said Von Miller has more impact than Peterson. He said you can find starting CBs through the 4th this year. Miller is far and above the best LBer. No other LBer comes close

Will Denver trade down? Denver will get calls. A chaotic first round.
If Denver wants a LBer they need to take Miller. DLineman 5 could start from this draft for Denver

2nd round Heyword, Clayborn. If the 5 QBs go 1st round alot of quality DLineman at the top of the 2nd. No LBers at the top of the 2nd. Plenty of Dlineman

baja
04-28-2011, 07:01 AM
No way on earth Prince drops to 25.

If there is an early run at the Quarterbacks than someone has to drop. We got a lot of teams desperate for a QB it's not like you can win without one.

maher_tyler
04-28-2011, 07:19 AM
I don't think we'll look at CB in Round 2/3.

With Champ and Goodman we have two starters there for next year, and Cox, Thompson and Vaughn are decent young prospects at the position. (Syd'Quan could really benefit from playing in a Cover 2 IMO)

The reason they'd take Peterson is that they'd believe he's a can't miss prospect with potential to be an elite CB for many years. You can always use someone like that, regardless of your depth/need at the position.

But CB isn't high on our list of needs generally, so I think it'll be Peterson or nothing in the draft.

It would be the same reason the Vikings took Adrian Peterson..even though they had Chester Taylor, they took the BPA...turned out ok for them i'd say.

WolfpackGuy
04-28-2011, 07:19 AM
Can't Denver trade down a bit and still get Miller?

I just don't like him at 2.

Hopefully, the Panthers pass on Newton to open up the bidding on the 2nd pick.

I just wish the Broncos did a better job of showing interest in him to get other teams worried.

tsiguy96
04-28-2011, 07:23 AM

I just wish the Broncos did a better job of showing interest in him to get other teams worried.

doesnt matter how good of a job denver does showing interest, no one would EVER believe denver was taking a QB. ever. they hosted like 4 first round QBs, that clearly didnt do the job. teams are not going to trade WITH denver to prevent denver from taking a QB, they would trade in FRONT of them. just like anyone wanting gabbert might have to trade in FRONT of buffalo.

The Joker
04-28-2011, 07:28 AM
I'll ****ing die laughing if 5 QB's go in the top 12 picks.

srphoenix
04-28-2011, 07:36 AM
I can see 3 of the QB's going in the top 12 but if it's 5 I'm re-enrolling in school and trying out for QB, hell if those schmucks can do it I think I've got a shot.

Denver724
04-28-2011, 08:15 AM
Gooselin will be on www.denversportsstation.com at 8:00 am
or www.vicandgary.com

Gooselin said Von Miller has more impact than Peterson. He said you can find starting CBs through the 4th this year. Miller is far and above the best LBer. No other LBer comes close

Will Denver trade down? Denver will get calls. A chaotic first round.
If Denver wants a LBer they need to take Miller. DLineman 5 could start from this draft for Denver

2nd round Heyword, Clayborn. If the 5 QBs go 1st round alot of quality DLineman at the top of the 2nd. No LBers at the top of the 2nd. Plenty of Dlineman

I agree. Initially I wanted to trade down, but being @ #2 and getting a stud LB like Miller does not happen often. I think taking Miller and a DL with our 1st 2nd rd pick is a good idea. Use the next #2 for best player available (or trade down).

baja
04-28-2011, 08:40 AM
How'd you like to be a Raider fan Al Davis has been drafting in the top five for 10 years and still they just barely don't suck.

Gcver2ver3
04-28-2011, 08:59 AM
How'd you like to be a Raider fan Al Davis has been drafting in the top five for 10 years and still they just barely don't suck.

i was just about to start laughing but as i did i looked up our last 10 seasons and my laughter was silenced rather quickly...

rugbythug
04-28-2011, 08:59 AM

If we trade out of 2 it will be with people who want miller.

ICON
04-28-2011, 09:02 AM

Raiders looking to move up to round one to nab Kaepernick. Since the Patriots have shown a willingness to rip Oakland off for future first round picks, and have plenty in the top 100, look for a deal to be made there, if one is to be made.

ICON
04-28-2011, 09:03 AM
Rumor has it that the NY Giants will be drafting a defensive lineman early.

oubronco
04-28-2011, 09:07 AM
McShay just said that AZ is trying to trade out of the #5 spot

So much for trading down with AZ

Shananahan
04-28-2011, 09:10 AM
true, but Safety with the number 2 overall pick? if that happens, Peterson better make Polomaulu look like Nick Ferguson
I think people are getting out of control with their expectations due to the height of the pick. You would be upset if Peterson wasn't better than Polomalu? He'd be a bad pick if he was just as good as Polomalu due to where he was drafted? Hell, I'd be happy if we took him at #2 and he turned out to be 80-90% of Polomalu.

That said, I think he's going to play CB for awhile or, at the most, mix it around like Woodson does in Green Bay.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-28-2011, 09:31 AM
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/38118

Burger Bill chat from this morning

TheReverend
04-28-2011, 09:32 AM
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/38118

Burger Bill chat from this morning

I'll never understand how he gets a paycheck for that.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-28-2011, 09:35 AM

I'm just so confused on why they'll take Miller over Dareus, but that's the info we're getting so I'm going to say that will be the pick now.

tsiguy96
04-28-2011, 09:36 AM
and rob rang chiming in too.

According to CBS Sports' Rob Rang, the Broncos "seem to be infatuated" with Texas A&M LB Von Miller and "will be taking" him with the No. 2 pick.
It's become a dramatic shift in the matter of one day, with Denver seemingly now hell bent on Miller after several weeks of belief they'd take Marcell Dareus. ESPN's Todd McShay, the Dallas Morning News' Rick Gosselin, NFL Network's Mike Mayock, and independent draft analyst Chris Steuber all have Miller going second overall. Then, it looks like Buffalo will take Dareus.

when you look at the defensive possibilities having an OLB that can cover RB and TE, and is by far the best pure pass rusher in the draft, its incredible what it could do for the entire defense.

BroncoInferno
04-28-2011, 09:38 AM

Damn, he's worthless. I could have given those answers. You'd think he didn't have a single NFL connection.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-28-2011, 09:39 AM
and rob rang chiming in too.

According to CBS Sports' Rob Rang, the Broncos "seem to be infatuated" with Texas A&M LB Von Miller and "will be taking" him with the No. 2 pick.
It's become a dramatic shift in the matter of one day, with Denver seemingly now hell bent on Miller after several weeks of belief they'd take Marcell Dareus. ESPN's Todd McShay, the Dallas Morning News' Rick Gosselin, NFL Network's Mike Mayock, and independent draft analyst Chris Steuber all have Miller going second overall. Then, it looks like Buffalo will take Dareus.

when you look at the defensive possibilities having an OLB that can cover RB and TE, and is by far the best pure pass rusher in the draft, its incredible what it could do for the entire defense.

That entire statement is just retarded. Roto I'm sure?

Everyone else was speculating they'd take Dareus, there was nothing from the Broncos indicating that he was their #1 guy. Elway said multiple times it was BPA, but people chose to ignore that.

Beantown Bronco
04-28-2011, 09:39 AM
McShay just said that AZ is trying to trade out of the #5 spot

So much for trading down with AZ

Would be perfect for a 3 way trade scenario. Washington moves up to their spot, then moves up again to our spot. That way, we'd only move down a few spots and not have to go all the way down to Washington's original spot, which looks lousy at this point value-wise at least.

Carmelo15
04-28-2011, 10:47 AM
Ive been told that the Denver Broncos are keying in on LSU cornerback Patrick Peterson to take the SEC defensive back at No. 2 overall.

According to source, adding a supremely talented defensive back in the mold of Patrick Peterson to the mix alongside Champ Bailey would give Denver a tremendous building block for the future on defense.

The other names that Ive been told is under consideration; Auburn defensive tackle Nick Fairley and Texas A&M linebacker Von Miller.

As always, continue to check back at Draft Headquarters for further updates with just one day to go!

http://draftheadquarters.com/dhqblogs/?p=716

That One Guy
04-28-2011, 10:50 AM
Sounds like the move down movement is in full swing. There were rumors of people trying to move to our spot (presuming they were told it was up for trade because there were multiple rumors), Cleveland is looking to trade down, and now AZ.

Time to just take a player and be done with it, I guess. Just wish the player they were gonna take wouldn't be as odd a fit as Miller seems to be.

Rohirrim
04-28-2011, 10:52 AM
I just read that Phil Taylor has some kind of medical thing where the bones in his feet are growing together and many teams are putting a red flag on him because it's an inoperable condition.

That One Guy
04-28-2011, 10:55 AM
I just read that Phil Taylor has some kind of medical thing where the bones in his feet are growing together and many teams are putting a red flag on him because it's an inoperable condition.

LOL

Not discounting your info but if there were a "Alan Branch has cancer" statement this year, that would have to be it.

oubronco
04-28-2011, 10:56 AM
Where did you read that

Rohirrim
04-28-2011, 10:57 AM
LOL

Not discounting your info but if there were a "Alan Branch has cancer" statement this year, that would have to be it.

Yeah, no doubt. ;D

But this sounds legit:
"But, it is pretty hard to invest a first round pick in a player who you know coming in is being red-flagged by the doctors." "This isn't just our team, by the way. Every team gets the MRIs. Every other team is seeing this too." I tested that theory, as it is important to remember that this is the time of year for NFL sources insinuating the truth (and, in the cases of some, flat-out lying) in an effort to push players down the board. Therefore, I contacted other sources within the league and did confirm with another source that Taylor's injuries were being red-flagged by his team's doctors, as well. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1673342

maven
04-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Kind of a boring draft since it's only 1 round tonight. How ****ing stupid is that.

Also, what is interesting is that #1 pick hasn't been settled yet.

ICON
04-28-2011, 11:08 AM
Patritos have Raiders offer on the table: 2nd round pick (48th overall) and 2012 1st round pick for 1st round pick (28th overall).

Colin Kaepernick is the Raiders' target...

Carmelo15
04-28-2011, 11:09 AM
Raiders are retarded

Tombstone RJ
04-28-2011, 11:10 AM
The Pats have acquired so many draft picks I can see them moving up to snag a player they really like.

Rohirrim
04-28-2011, 11:10 AM
Patritos have Raiders offer on the table: 2nd round pick (48th overall) and 2012 1st round pick for 1st round pick (28th overall).

So they'll trade a pick that could get them Andrew Luck next year for a shot at Kaepernick this year?

Leave it to the Faders. :rofl:

Tombstone RJ
04-28-2011, 11:11 AM

Yah, 'cause the Pats need more picks... :thumbs:

NFLBRONCO
04-28-2011, 11:12 AM
Ive been told that the Denver Broncos are keying in on LSU cornerback Patrick Peterson to take the SEC defensive back at No. 2 overall.

According to source, adding a supremely talented defensive back in the mold of Patrick Peterson to the mix alongside Champ Bailey would give Denver a tremendous building block for the future on defense.

The other names that Ive been told is under consideration; Auburn defensive tackle Nick Fairley and Texas A&M linebacker Von Miller.

As always, continue to check back at Draft Headquarters for further updates with just one day to go!

http://draftheadquarters.com/dhqblogs/?p=716

I believe Klis more Its Miller all the way.

ICON
04-28-2011, 11:12 AM
So they'll trade a pick that could get them Andrew Luck next year for a shot at Kaepernick this year?

Leave it to the Faders. :rofl:Thank GOD for AL....;D

Gcver2ver3
04-28-2011, 11:13 AM
Kind of a boring draft since it's only 1 round tonight. How ****ing stupid is that.

i'd like to believe this will help us...

delaying the 2nd round may be enough to allow for players traded in this draft and then maybe Orton can garner us more draft compensation...

just a hope of mine...

ICON
04-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Man this year stinks for pre-draft chatter. We're four hours out and we still have no freaking clue what's going to happen beyond our best guess.

Beantown Bronco
04-28-2011, 12:50 PM
Man this year stinks for pre-draft chatter. We're four hours out and we still have no freaking clue what's going to happen beyond our best guess.

The CBA/lockout situation really messed things up, obviously. Normally the first pick would either be inked to a contract by now or close to it at least. Enough so we'd at least know the guy being picked there. Not having any clue about that one pick leaves the door wide open to anything and everything.

That One Guy
04-28-2011, 12:50 PM
Reports over at PFT are saying 4-5 QBs in the first this year with someone saying 5 in the first 12 picks. That's good, I think, as long as we sincerely aren't picking one.

WolfpackGuy
04-28-2011, 12:51 PM
Reports over at PFT are saying 4-5 QBs in the first this year with someone saying 5 in the first 12 picks. That's good, I think, as long as we sincerely aren't picking one.

Holy ****!

I agree.

As long as the Broncos aren't attached to one of those QB's, I'll be fine.

I wouldn't pick any of those guys before 20.

NUB
04-28-2011, 12:55 PM
Holy ****!

I agree.

As long as the Broncos aren't attached to one of those QB's, I'll be fine.

I wouldn't pick any of those guys before 20.

Completely agree. None of the QBs in this draft are top-tier players. NFL.com actually ran a pretty nice article on how certain drafts are like this and teams will overreach hugely in the 1st for players that, had they been in another draft, would be somewhere in the 2nd and 3rd. That's how you get a string of mega busts because teams are simply that desperate and the "demand" for a QB artificially rises regardless of his actual talent.

bendog
04-28-2011, 12:58 PM
It's just a shame that the guys on PFT never have a real source.

Rohirrim
04-28-2011, 12:59 PM
Looks like CU Buff Jimmy Smith might be the Big Dropper of the draft:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/28/report-jimmy-smith-failed-three-drug-tests-admitted-abusing-codeine/related

Another candidate is Bowers. The knee issues look bad.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/28/report-at-least-one-team-eliminates-daquan-bowers-from-board/

pdvd23
04-28-2011, 01:03 PM
I would take Miller, Smith and Paea for the first three

maven
04-28-2011, 01:07 PM
Another candidate is Bowers. The knee issues look bad.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/28/report-at-least-one-team-eliminates-daquan-bowers-from-board/

Miller in the 1st, Bowers in the 2nd.

:~ohyah!:

That One Guy
04-28-2011, 01:14 PM
It's just a shame that the guys on PFT never have a real source.

In reality, they rarely report anything themselves. I was just being lazy and didn't want to go back and confirm who it was.

The report was from Gosseling's mock. He's consistently one of the most accurate in his mock.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/28/gosselin-predicts-five-quarterbacks-in-top-12/

WolfpackGuy
04-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Completely agree. None of the QBs in this draft are top-tier players. NFL.com actually ran a pretty nice article on how certain drafts are like this and teams will overreach hugely in the 1st for players that, had they been in another draft, would be somewhere in the 2nd and 3rd. That's how you get a string of mega busts because teams are simply that desperate and the "demand" for a QB artificially rises regardless of his actual talent.

Well, hey, the more QB's that get picked early means the more defensive talent that will be available.

;D

Shananahan
04-28-2011, 01:26 PM
I would take Miller, Smith and Paea for the first three
I can live with Miller at #2, but wouldn't be extremely happy about it. Paea in the second would be more than fine by me. Jimmy Smith, however, would greatly upset me. I don't want that guy on our team.

SoDak Bronco
04-28-2011, 01:27 PM
this would be great news, the more Qb's that go in the first/second round, the more defensive players drop right into our laps. Let's go ElwayXFox get this team turned around!!!

outdoor_miner
04-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Interesting tidbits from the Pro Football Weekly Mock... They indicate who is trying to trade up, and who is trying to trade down. Doesn't look good for folks wanting to trade down a bit into the 4 - 10 range...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=pfw-20110428_final_2011_mock_draft

epicSocialism4tw
04-28-2011, 02:59 PM
Falcons aggressively looking to get into top 7:
http://msn.foxsports.com/video/shows/nfl-draft?vid=99b93adc-881f-4508-a63e-9424cf1ba487&from=foxsports/Home/headlines

Requiem
04-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Jimmy Smith is a thug, here is his wrap sheet:

Abuse of form girlfriends
Paying for 2 abortions
Minor in possession
Failed drug tests, marijuana and codeine (3 occasions)
Aggravated Assault

And you want this guy on our team? LOL.

epicSocialism4tw
04-28-2011, 03:09 PM
Jimmy Smith is a thug, here is his wrap sheet:

Abuse of form girlfriends
Paying for 2 abortions
Minor in possession
Failed drug tests, marijuana and codeine (3 occasions)
Aggravated Assault

And you want this guy on our team? LOL.

Goodness. Thats a rotten corpse full of fail.

Hey...do you have a link to Gosselin's mock draft?

Requiem
04-28-2011, 03:11 PM
"I know of at least four different trades that are gonna happen contingent upon a certain player available at a certain point."

-Mike Mayock

He added that he's confirmed this at "the highest level."

ICON
Falcons aggressively looking to get into top 7:
http://msn.foxsports.com/video/shows/nfl-draft?vid=99b93adc-881f-4508-a63e-9424cf1ba487&from=foxsports/Home/headlines

Falcons Draft Needs

OLB, DE, OG, OT give us you 1,2 ,3 ,4 and next years 1

And Miller is all yours

Requiem

Yep.

1st pick: Carolina Panthers
Cam Newton -- QB, Auburn
The Panthers had the worst quarterbacking in the NFL last season with only nine TD passes in 16 games. Newton gives the Panthers a chance, although his legs are likely to carry him through his rookie season.
(Team needs: QB, WR, CB, DL)

2nd pick: Denver Broncos
Von Miller -- OLB, Texas A&M
New coach John Fox is switching to a 4-3 defense and needs tackles and linebackers. He can get competitive tackles into the third round. But theres only one impact linebacker in this draft. Miller is the value here.
(Team needs: DL, OT, TE, LB)

3rd pick: Buffalo Bills
Marcell Dareus -- DT, Alabama
The Bills finished last in the NFL in run defense in 2010. They need some bigger, nastier players to line up against the Jets and Pats. In Dareus, they land the best run defender in this draft. He also brings an attitude.
(Team needs: QB, DL, OT, LB)

4th pick: Cincinnati Bengals
A.J. Green -- WR, Georgia
This is the only shot the Bengals have of luring Carson Palmer out of retirement. Draft the best receiver in college football, release Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens, and give Palmer a clean canvas to resume his career.
(Team needs: QB, WR, CB, pass rusher)

5th pick: Arizona Cardinals
Patrick Peterson -- CB, LSU
When you finish 31st in offense and 29th in defense like the Cardinals of 2010, anyone you draft is going to be an upgrade. Peterson is a huge upgrade for the secondary. Arizona is surprised to see him still on the board at 5.
(Team needs: QB, LB, pass rusher, OT)

6th pick: Cleveland Browns
Julio Jones -- WR, Alabama
The Browns need a lead receiver to accelerate the development of QB Colt McCoy. Voila Jones was a walk-in starter at Alabama, and hell be a walk-in starter at Cleveland. He averaged almost 15 yards per career catch.
(Team needs: WR, CB, OT, DE)

7th pick: San Francisco 49ers
Blaine Gabbert -- QB, Missouri
Jim Harbaugh is a quarterback maker first Josh Johnson at the University of San Diego and then Andrew Luck at Stanford. In his first year as head coach of the 49ers, Harbaugh wants a quarterback he can build a team around.
(Team needs: QB, G, def. playmakers)

8th pick: Tennessee Titans
Jake Locker -- QB, Washington
The Titans want to put the Vince Young era behind them. Locker provides Tennessee a key element Young lacked leadership. Locker was a two-year captain at Washington and a very charismatic player.
(Team needs: QB, DL, LB, S)

9th pick: Dallas Cowboys
Tyron Smith -- OT, Southern Cal
The Cowboys have four starters on the offensive line who turn 32 this season. This group needs to get younger and what better way than to select the youngest player in this draft? Smith turns 21 in December.
(Team needs: OT, G, DE, CB)

10th pick: Washington Redskins
Christian Ponder -- QB, Florida State
Mike Shanahan is not going to enter a second season with Donovan McNabb, so the Redskins spent all day Wednesday trying to move up. Gabbert was the target. Failing there, they take the next best QB on the board.
(Team needs: QB, WR, CB, youth)

11th pick: Houston Texans
Aldon Smith -- DE, Missouri
The Texans are switching to a 3-4 defensive scheme, and Smith can play anywhere in it. He has the frame to bulk up to play end or the speed and athleticism to play linebacker. The NFLs 30th-ranked defense needs help.
(Team needs: DL, LB, DB, WR)

12th pick: Minnesota Vikings
Andy Dalton -- QB, TCU
Like the Titans, the Vikings need to draft a rookie quarterback and play him immediately. Dalton brings a wealth of experience four years as a starter, 42 career victories and more than 1,300 career passes.
(Team needs: QB, DL, OT, CB)

13th pick: Detroit Lions
Nick Fairley -- DT, Auburn
Ndamukong Suh was perhaps the best defensive tackle in the NFL as a rookie in 2011. Adding Fairley makes Suh even better. Fairley is the best inside pass rusher in this draft. The Lions are building a formidable front.
(Team needs: LB, CB, OT, WR)

14th pick: St. Louis Rams
Mark Ingram -- HB, Alabama
The Rams would love to draft a wide receiver for Sam Bradford, but there are none worthy of this selection. St. Louis will continue to give Bradford weapons, though the best running back in this draft.
(Team needs: Pass rusher, CB, WR, S)

15th pick: Miami Dolphins
Mike Pouncey -- C, Florida
The only need the Dolphins can still address here is the offensive line, and Pouncey gives them two-position versatility. Like his brother Maurkice, a first-round pick of the Steelers in 2010, Mike can play guard or center.
(Team needs: OL, OLB, CB, QB)

16th pick: Jacksonville Jaguars
Ryan Kerrigan -- DE, Purdue
You cant expect to survive with a paltry pass rush in a division with Peyton Manning and Matt Schaub. The Jaguars managed only 26 sacks last season. Kerrigan had almost half that (121/2) last fall at Purdue.
(Team needs: DE, S, LB, QB)

17th pick: New England Patriots
Cameron Jordan -- DE, California
The Patriots are likely to trade out of this spot. But Jordan here could be an inducement to stay put. Hes a 3-4 end who fits the size prototype (6-4, 287) Bill Belichick covets. Bigger is always better in New England.
(Team needs: OL, DE, OLB, HB)

18th pick: San Diego Chargers
Corey Liuget -- DT, Illinois
Liuget was a dominant inside player in a 4-3 scheme in the Big Ten. The Chargers envision him playing the edge in their 3-4 scheme. He has excellent hands, a necessity for head-up combat with offensive tackles.
(Team needs: OT, ILB, WR, pass rusher)

19th pick: New York Giants
Nate Solder -- OT, Colorado
Like the Cowboys, the Giants need to get younger on the offensive line. Solder is the best blind-side protector in this draft, and hes going to get better. Hes only played the position for three years.
(Team needs: OT, G, LB, KR)

20th pick: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Robert Quinn -- DE, North Carolina
The Bucs have the worst pass rush in the NFC just 26 sacks in 521 pass attempts. Quinn is the best edge pass rusher on the board. But his stock slid this draft season because of a bout with cancer in high school.
(Team needs: G, pass rusher, CB, OT)

21st pick: Kansas City Chiefs
Gabe Carimi -- OT, Wisconsin
The Chiefs want to get bigger, tougher and younger up front. KC has one of the NFLs best runners in Jamaal Charles and Carimi has spent a career blocking in one of the best run-oriented offenses in college football.
(Team needs: DT, C, WR, QB)

22nd pick: Indianapolis Colts
Anthony Castonzo -- OT, Boston College
Because of the run of quarterbacks at the top, a lot of quality players slid, including Castonzo, CB Prince Amukamara and DE J.J. Watt. As long as Peyton Manning is in Indy, the priority will be protecting him.
(Team needs: KR, def. size, QB, LB, OL)

23rd pick: Philadelphia Eagles
Jimmy Smith -- CB, Colorado
If the Eagles are to continue their dominance in the NFC East, they must find someone who can cover Dez Byrant. Mission accomplished. Smith is the biggest and perhaps most talented cover corner in this draft.
(Team needs: DL, OL, CB, LB)

24th pick: New Orleans Saints
Adrian Clayborn -- DE, Iowa
You have to stop the run to survive in a division with DeAngelo Williams, Michael Turner and LaGarrette Blount. So the Saints need some big bodies up front to bolster the NFLs 16th-ranked run defense.
(Team needs: DE, DT, LB, S)

25th pick: Seattle Seahawks
Prince Amukamara -- CB, Nebraska
The Seahawks need help for the NFLs 27th-ranked pass defense, and Amukamara represents sliding value. He has the size (6-0, 206) to line up against physical wideouts Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Crabtree in the NFC West.
(Team needs: OT, G, C, QB)

26th pick: Baltimore Ravens
J.J. Watt -- DE, Wisconsin
Another sliding value. Watt headed into the process touted as the best end for a 3-4 scheme and he falls into the lap of a top-10 defense. Good players tend to find the Ravens wherever they are on the draft board.
(Team needs: CB, WR, pass rusher, OT)

27th pick: Atlanta Falcons
Phil Taylor -- DT, Baylor
Same synopsis as New Orleans above. You need bulk up front to compete in a division that wants to run the football and Taylor is one of the bulkiest players in this draft at 334 pounds.
(Team needs: OL, NT, WR, LB)

28th pick: New England Patriots
Danny Watkins -- G, Baylor
Watkins is the safest pick in the entire draft the one player you can confidently say will be in the Pro Bowl in 2012. Hes the best guard on the board, and some NFL teams were looking at him as both a center and tackle.
(Team needs: OL, DE, OLB, HB)

29th pick: Chicago Bears
Marvin Austin -- DT, North Carolina
The Bears need an elite tackle to replace departed Pro Bowler Tommie Harris . Austin missed the 2010 season because of an NCAA suspension but plays with great power and a great motor. A top-10 defense just got better.
(Team needs: LB, DT, RB, QB)

30th pick: New York Jets
Derrick Sherrod -- OT, Mississippi State
There are only five offensive tackles in this draft who can walk in as starters and Sherrod is the last one. He started three years at left tackle at Mississippi State but projects as a right tackle in the NFL.
(Team needs: CB, OL, WR)

31st pick: Pittsburgh Steelers
Cameron Heyward -- DE, Ohio State
The Steelers need to get younger at end in their 3-4 scheme, and Heyward provides them that opportunity. Hes a high achiever a four-year starter, team captain and MVP of a Big Ten championship team.
(Team needs: 2 CB, DE, OT)

32nd pick: Green Bay Packers
Aaron Williams -- CB, Texas
The Super Bowl champions have one of the youngest teams in the NFL and few needs. They are in a position to draft the best player on their board. Thats Williams, who can play either cornerback or safety.
(Team needs: DL, OL, pass rusher, CB)

There you go.

Requiem
04-28-2011, 03:12 PM
Correction on Jimmy Smith, two minor in possessions.

ICON
04-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Goodness. Thats a rotten corpse full of fail.

#1 - Newton
#2 - Miller
#3 - Dareus
#4 - Green
#5 - Peterson
#6 - Jones
#7 - Gabbert
#8 - Locker
#9 - Tyron Smith
#10 - Ponder
#11 - Aldon S
#12 - Dalton Smith
#13 - Fairley
#14 - Ingram
#15 - Pouncey
#16 - Kerrigan
#17 - Jordan
#18 - Liuget
#19 - Solder
#20 - Quinn
#21 - Carimi
#22 - Castonzo
#23 - Smith
#24 - Clayborn
#25 - Amukamara
#26 - Watt
#27 - Taylor
#28 - Watkins
#29 - Austin
#30 - Sherrod
#31 - Heyward
#32 - Williams

Requiem
04-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Peter Schafer, representing Phil Taylor, DT -- Baylor reporting on 850KOA that he expects him to go in the 18-25 range "hopefully" -- the Broncos are interested in him, but doesn't know about trading up.

epicSocialism4tw
04-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Peter Schafer, representing Phil Taylor, DT -- Baylor reporting on 850KOA that he expects him to go in the 18-25 range "hopefully" -- the Broncos are interested in him, but doesn't know about trading up.

Von Miller + Phil Taylor = glowing success beyond what I expect.

epicSocialism4tw
04-28-2011, 03:21 PM
Yep.

There you go.

He has Bowers slipping out of the first round.

Interesting.

Requiem
04-28-2011, 03:25 PM
I think he is wrong about Bowers, the Packers are interested in him at #32, perhaps even in a trade up.

epicSocialism4tw
04-28-2011, 03:29 PM
I think he is wrong about Bowers, the Packers are interested in him at #32, perhaps even in a trade up.

If he is there at the end of the first, the Broncos should take a look at that. A three-man rotation of Doom, Ayers, and Bowers pretty much covers all bases in the 4-3.

Rushing Doom, Bowers, and/or Miller on passing downs? Sheesh. That's crazy stuff right there.

Broncoman13
04-28-2011, 10:06 PM
He is.

You just have to bow down to the goose... Dude missed on Dalton and Aaron Williams, but I'm guessing they will both go in the first 5 picks tomorrow. Hoping that Williams slides to us.

Scott Wright updated his mock today, had us going with Miller in the first and taking Paea and Rudolph in the 2nd. I'd be good with that but I don't think we'll take offense in the 2nd, not anymore anyway.

Kaylore
04-28-2011, 10:56 PM

1)Carolina:Cam Newton
2)Denver:Von Miller
3)Buffalo:Marcell Darius
4)Cincinnati:AJ Green
5)Arizona: Patrick Peterson
6)Cleveland:Julio Jones
7)San Francisco:Blaine Gabbert
8)Tennessee:Jake Locker
9)Dallas:Tyron Smith
10)Washington:Christian Ponder
11)Houston:Alson Smith
12)Minnesota:Andy Dalton
13)Detroit)Nick Fairley
14)St.Louis:Mark Ingram
15)Miami:Mike Pouncey
16)Jacksonville:Ryan Kerrigan
17)New England:Cam Jordan
18)San Diego: Cory Liuget
19)Giants: Nate Solder
20)Tampa Bay:Robert Quinn
21)Kansas City:Gabe Carimi
22)Indy:Anthony Castonzo
23)Eagles:Jimmy Smith
24)New Orlaeans:Adrian Clayborn
25)Seattle: Prince Amikamara
26)Baltimore: JJ Watt
27)Atlanta: Phil Taylor
28)New England: Danny Watkins
29)Chicago:Marvin Austin
30)Jets: Derrick Sherrod
31)Pittsburgh:Cam Heyward
32)Packers:Aaron Williams

He's done it again! Closest mock of any of them...

epicSocialism4tw
04-28-2011, 10:57 PM
He's done it again! Closest mock of any of them...

He must have alot of guys around the league that trust him. He nails some picks that nobody else is predicting.