PDA

View Full Version : Schefter- Broncos to select Von Miller at #2

Pages : 1 [2]

OrangeSe7en
04-28-2011, 04:28 PM
They aparently think Miller is an OLB in the 4-3 based on his post season workouts, but how much did this guy ever have to drop into coverage in college? I'm extremely leery of picking a guy #2 in the draft for a position switch, which is what that is. The only two choices that make sense at #2 are Peterson and Dareus, and while I want Peterson, I'll be happy with Dareus also if they pick him. I'm not convinced a rush end who is 6'3", 245 and has to play weakside LB in a 4-3 defense is a smart option this high up. I'd rather gamble like that in the 2nd round. If Denver could somehow move down to #5, still pick up Peterson plus a 2nd from the Cards, they'd have the 2nd round ammo to go after anyone they wanted, even a move back into the top ten if they wanted Fairley for example. Or they could sit tight and draft three D-line guys in the 2nd round...lots of options better than Von Miller IMO.

If he's not so great at Sam but can play will and generates incredible pressure, he's worth it.

SoCalBronco
04-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Not sure a pass rushing Sam is worth No. 2 overall, but whatever.

OrangeSe7en
04-28-2011, 04:35 PM
Not sure a pass rushing Sam is worth No. 2 overall, but whatever.

It depends on how they use him. If he gets us off the field on 3rd downs, he's worth it.

Id still prefer Fairley or Dareus but at least Miller is a front 7 player and not a DB.

Dedhed
04-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Can't imagine why Elway would blow smoke -- with only Carolina in front of us.
You wouldn't be very good at this draft thing then.

bombay
04-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Darrius, please.

Dedhed
04-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Darrius, please.

I wouldn't trust someone who desperately wants a guy who's name he can't spell.

OrangeSe7en
04-28-2011, 04:58 PM
I wouldn't trust someone who desperately wants a guy who's name he can't spell.

whose

vanbrugh
04-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Doom is still recovering and we had zero pass rush last year. If Doom struggles to recover and this is a tough injury to regain strength from we now have insurance! How many times last season did you watch tv and hear that home truth "no pressure" , hopefully we cannow generate some pressure on the qb, watch now for bannon to return and a strong FA class!

Dedhed
04-28-2011, 07:06 PM
Doom is still recovering and we had zero pass rush last year. If Doom struggles to recover and this is a tough injury to regain strength from we now have insurance! How many times last season did you watch tv and hear that home truth "no pressure" , hopefully we cannow generate some pressure on the qb, watch now for bannon to return and a strong FA class!

Reports said that Doom was close to 100% by the end of last season.

i4jelway7
04-29-2011, 02:28 AM
well time to eat some crow... so they take the best LB in the draft @ #2.. hmm makes you wonder if the Broncos really thought he was the BEST defensive player in the draft they would not of been trying to trade down...

DENVERDUI55
07-17-2013, 02:29 PM
This thread is a great reread.

Bacchus
07-17-2013, 02:59 PM
The only thing I really learned reading this thread is that Zdoor needs to post more.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=519&dateline=1318875116

TheReverend
07-17-2013, 03:33 PM
:rofl:

Mine is probably like:

Peterson - Bliss
Von - Ecstatic
Dareus- Very Happy
Fairley - Happy
A.J. Green - Happy
Gabbert - Don't talk to me or I'll slap you
Cam - I'm going to get arrested, make an epic meltdown post and register at extremeskins.com

How can this be?

Revisionist history says I hate Von Miller