PDA

View Full Version : Sony Playstation Network is down

long beach bronco
04-22-2011, 09:34 PM
For those of us who have Playstations 3's and play online, the entire network has been shut down, some say by hackers who are out to get Sony. Millions of gamers across the country and the world for that matter haven't been able to log online in the past two days. This is serious.

listopencil
04-22-2011, 09:44 PM
I do feel badly for the gamers but my dislike for Sony has grown over the years. An attack wouldn't surprise me.

Boobs McGee
04-22-2011, 10:08 PM
Definitely sucks... it took me an hour of Effin around with different settings yesterday before I finally looked online and realized what was goin on. Hopefully they get it fixed soon :/

Swedish Extrovert
04-22-2011, 10:16 PM
In a related story, blow-up doll sales are approaching record numbers.

Los Broncos
04-22-2011, 11:07 PM
Was it hacked?

Houshyamama
04-22-2011, 11:14 PM
http://www.qadate.com/images/haha-nelson.jpg

BoulderBum
04-22-2011, 11:16 PM
http://kotaku.com/#!5794990/sony-confirms-external-intrusion-is-behind-psn-outage

Sony Confirms ‘External Intrusion’ Is Behind PSN Outage

Owen Good — Sony has acknowledged that the outage, since late Wednesday, of PlayStation Network is due to "an external intrusion on our system." Patrick Seybold, PlayStation's top spokesman, said the service was taken offline "to conduct a thorough investigation and to verify the smooth and secure operation of our network services." Still no word on when the service will be available.

(more at link)

tsiguy96
04-22-2011, 11:22 PM
you would think with the tens of millions of dollars invested, they would be able to make it 100% secure. is it literally impossible to make a server 100% secure?

Doggcow
04-23-2011, 12:06 AM
you would think with the tens of millions of dollars invested, they would be able to make it 100% secure. is it literally impossible to make a server 100% secure?

It's not possible.

If there's a will, there's a way.

And ****. I want to play my friends on Mortal Kombat.

HAT
04-23-2011, 12:23 AM
This is serious.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/batman-serious-business2.png

Boobs McGee
04-23-2011, 05:34 AM
PRETTY sure anonymous is behind it. Don't know why its taking three days to fix, though...doesn't Sony have some badass computer nerds that are anti hackers or something?

Wes Mantooth
04-23-2011, 06:24 AM
PRETTY sure anonymous is behind it. Don't know why its taking three days to fix, though...doesn't Sony have some badass computer nerds that are anti hackers or something?

Is there evidence? They usually only act when they feel something is morally out of whack.

Garcia Bronco
04-23-2011, 06:40 AM

Yes. No network is 100 percent secure.

Willynowei
04-23-2011, 06:47 AM
Is there evidence? They usually only act when they feel something is morally out of whack.

Anonymous attacked Sony recently. When the actual game service PSN was taken down, Anonymous halted attacks and issued a public statement that they are not looking to impede the experience of gamers. This was a little while ago. The website has not been down due to attacks, its been down so Sony can try to fix the vulnerabilities that Anonymous used.

HILife
04-23-2011, 06:47 AM
This is where I post up a picture of an x-box 360, but I don't want to start a console war on the mane. Instead, here is a picture of the wii.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/images/news/wii-girl.jpg

Yes, there is a wii in the picture. Look closely.

ICON
04-23-2011, 07:03 AM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRijC4iuGFq-1y_BZvFS2NPjvE6Q02PSRZ9siVsAn_VGNtCsZPecA

Man-Goblin
04-23-2011, 07:11 AM
I thought I caused this with my awesome online hockey performance the other night. Glad to hear it wasn't my fault.

txtebow
04-23-2011, 07:11 AM
In a related story, blow-up doll sales are approaching record numbers.

LOL!

Wes Mantooth
04-23-2011, 07:15 AM
Anonymous attacked Sony recently. When the actual game service PSN was taken down, Anonymous halted attacks and issued a public statement that they are not looking to impede the experience of gamers. This was a little while ago. The website has not been down due to attacks, its been down so Sony can try to fix the vulnerabilities that Anonymous used.

That makes good sense. Maybe everyone should just take a break for a few days.

Rock Chalk
04-23-2011, 08:18 AM
It's not possible.

If there's a will, there's a way.

And ****. I want to play my friends on Mortal Kombat.

Wherever there is a good programmer /sysadmin there is a better hacker.

chadta
04-23-2011, 08:20 AM
Jesus did it, had too, attendance at church was starting to drop, it is easter afterall

tsiguy96
04-23-2011, 08:23 AM
Yes. No network is 100 percent secure.

why do i recall years ago there being a million dollar reward for anyone who could break through a firewall or server or something. did that ever happen, or am i making it up?

SportinOne
04-23-2011, 10:44 AM
why do i recall years ago there being a million dollar reward for anyone who could break through a firewall or server or something. did that ever happen, or am i making it up?

it seems to me that since this is all based off of math, and there are infinite numbers, then there are infinite possibilities.. just a matter of doing the figurin'

Boobs McGee
04-23-2011, 12:59 PM

I think you're thinking of this under-rated movie

http://dsmith77.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/sneakers-movie-poster.jpg

ozomulsion
04-23-2011, 01:24 PM
WOW! A Sneakers reference!

One of my all time favorite movies.

THE719!
04-23-2011, 01:40 PM
my prayers are with the gamers. they actually might have to do something outside, or even worse exercise.

Swedish Extrovert
04-23-2011, 02:08 PM
This is where I post up a picture of an x-box 360, but I don't want to start a console war on the mane. Instead, here is a picture of the wii.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/images/news/wii-girl.jpg

Yes, there is a wii in the picture. Look closely.

Hahaha it took me like 2 minutes to notice it.

Boobs McGee
04-23-2011, 02:20 PM
WOW! A Sneakers reference!

One of my all time favorite movies.

Right??? Such a good flick

Boobs McGee
04-23-2011, 02:23 PM
http://www.betanews.com/article/With-PlayStation-Network-still-down-Sony-admits-it-was-hacked/1303586929

Nearly three days after Sony's Playstation Network online gaming service went offline, Sony has finally admitted that the service was compromised by hackers. As a result, the company disabled the service Wednesday evening to investigate the matter, an official statement indicated.
Other hints that it could have been an outside job could be sourced to hacktivist group Anonymous, which was quick on Thursday to deny any involvement (http://www.betanews.com/article/PlayStation-Network-still-down-Anonymous-claims-no-involvement/1303493257) in the matter. The group is said to not be happy with the company over its treatment of hacker George Hotz (http://www.betanews.com/article/Sony-sues-Hotz-hacking-group-over-PS3-hacks/1294869035).
Sony is still giving no update as to the timeframe for a possible resolution of the problem. Originally it had said after the problems surfaced that it would be a matter of a "day or two," but with that time frame now passing and no clear idea of when PSN may return from Sony, it could potentially be much longer.
The outage is especially maddening to those PS3 users who may depend on the network to play online-enhanced gaming titles, such as the recent release Mortal Kombat or SOCOM 4, for example. Their anger and frustration was apparent in the original story on the outage Betanews published on Friday.
"I would like it though if they'd be a bit more forthcoming about how things are going," commenter 'ownbothsystems' posted. "It's not fair to all the online players to just leave us hanging."

Boobs McGee
04-23-2011, 02:33 PM
Actually, here's a nice summation of the events.

DG News Service - An unexplained outage of Sony's PlayStation Network and Qriocity services entered its third day Saturday, with no clear details on when the service might be up and running again. The PlayStation Network is a platform for online gaming and a channel through which Sony sells games and other content to console and handheld owners. Qriocity is an online service for Sony's networked consumer electronics products that offers music and video content.
Problems began at around midday Thursday Japan time (0300 GMT) when users were greeted with error messages when they attempted to sign in. At the time, Sony said it was looking into the problems.
A day later, the company said it would take a day or two for the service to come back online, but it wasn't until Saturday, roughly 48 hours after the initial problems, that the company offered more details of the problem. A posting on its Japanese website blamed "external factors," but its U.S. site was more direct.
"An external intrusion on our system has affected our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services," the notice said (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/22/update-on-playstation-network-qriocity-services/). It didn't specify when the services might return.
The biggest impact to customers will likely be the inability to play online games. Networked gaming, in which gamers collaborate with others in real-time battles, challenges and quests, is very popular and relies on the PlayStation Network.
The PlayStation.com website was attacked earlier this month (http://www.networkworld.com/news/2011/040611-sony-anonymous.html), apparently by the distributed hacking group Anonymous. The group was reportedly angry at Sony after it sued two PlayStation 3 owners for releasing code that allows third-party software and operating systems to run on the console.
Anonymous said it has nothing to do with the current problems.
In a posting titled "For Once We Didn't Do It," the group said its core group had not targeted Sony or the PlayStation Network, but left open the possibility that individuals from the group might be responsible.
"While it could be the case that other Anons have acted by themselves AnonOps was not related to this incident and takes no responsibility for it," the statement said. It accused Sony of taking advantage of previous attacks on its network to explain an internal problem with company servers.

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9216121/PlayStation_Network_enters_third_day_of_outage

So, like willy said, Anon attacked them earlier for retaliative purposes.
NOW, Sony's coming clean, and is stating that there was an "intrusion", not just some maintenance.

While Anon is denying direct involvement, I still believe it was a member of their group.

Hopefully, this isn't the point at which we start getting charged a yearly fee for online services. I would imagine that Sony already has some type of "anti-hacking team" in place, but this would be a wonderful opportunity for some "fundraising". And "yes", I realize I'm using a lot of "quotation marks".

mopatt24
04-23-2011, 07:08 PM
This is lame. I'm a gamer and I do prefer PlayStation over x-box, but COME ON!!! Really!!! It's not that serious people. I remember seeing those dumb videos of people buying ps3 and x-box systems, just to burn them and say " X-box/PS3 owns "

Now these guys wanna take online gaming away from the likes of innocent gamers ( those of us who have a life, but get that free time to game a bit late at night ) just because they hate the other company.

Wes Mantooth
04-23-2011, 08:18 PM
This is lame. I'm a gamer and I do prefer PlayStation over x-box, but COME ON!!! Really!!! It's not that serious people. I remember seeing those dumb videos of people buying ps3 and x-box systems, just to burn them and say " X-box/PS3 owns "

Now these guys wanna take online gaming away from the likes of innocent gamers ( those of us who have a life, but get that free time to game a bit late at night ) just because they hate the other company.

Identities are a big prize for any hacker. People trust companies to manage their information and it is right that Sony is fixing their problem.

maher_tyler
04-23-2011, 10:45 PM
You would think they could at least have some sort of message about why the system is down when you try to log-in...instead i wondered if something was f'ed up with my internet...i had to google PSN to figure out something was wrong with it...kinda annoying..its free so i cant complain to much.

Archer81
04-24-2011, 12:57 AM
Eh.

I have been playing Mass Effect 2 like an addict, so I havent really noticed.

:Broncos:

maven
04-24-2011, 06:31 AM
Xbox Live is working just fine.

8')

Oh, and maybe Sony shouldn't sue and target hackers...

8')

Spider
04-24-2011, 06:37 AM
is there a 12 step program for sony gamers ?

gunns
04-24-2011, 06:47 AM
Yep my kids and grandkids have been going through severe withdrawals. I've actually been able to have a face to face conversation with them these past few days. Heard that some group anonymous did it and somebody named John X. Doe, or group, that does the same thing, came down on them and so many online users came down on Anonymous that they took their site or email account down. And I don't know if it's wishful thinking on their part, but Sony has almost got whatever done and it should be up soon. whoopy.

Well that's my synopsis or understanding of why I am finally discovering some of my grandchildren have grown and some of my kids actually have full vocabularies and not just the word What?

i4jelway7
04-24-2011, 09:56 AM
They are rebuilding the whole PSN

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/23/latest-update-for-psnqriocity-services/

We sincerely regret that PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have been suspended, and we are working around the clock to bring them both back online. Our efforts to resolve this matter involve re-building our system to further strengthen our network infrastructure. Though this task is time-consuming, we decided it was worth the time necessary to provide the system with additional security.
We thank you for your patience to date and ask for a little more while we move towards completion of this project. We will continue to give you updates as they become available.

Archer81
04-24-2011, 10:53 AM
Xbox Live is working just fine.

8')

Oh, and maybe Sony shouldn't sue and target hackers...

8')

Yes...because we all know how invulnerable Microsoft is to hacking and how microsoft just LOVES the little hackers.

Stupid post.

Boobs McGee
04-24-2011, 12:33 PM
They are rebuilding the whole PSN

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/23/latest-update-for-psnqriocity-services/

We sincerely regret that PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have been suspended, and we are working around the clock to bring them both back online. Our efforts to resolve this matter involve re-building our system to further strengthen our network infrastructure. Though this task is time-consuming, we decided it was worth the time necessary to provide the system with additional security.
We thank you for your patience to date and ask for a little more while we move towards completion of this project. We will continue to give you updates as they become available.

Very cool...but I can see this as a new challenge for hackers, wouldnt be surprised to see more problems in the near future, JUST so some person can say eff you to Sony and their new security

Archer81
04-24-2011, 03:36 PM
Very cool...but I can see this as a new challenge for hackers, wouldnt be surprised to see more problems in the near future, JUST so some person can say eff you to Sony and their new security

Some people are taking the movie Hackers way too seriously...

Boobs McGee
04-24-2011, 04:16 PM
Some people are taking the movie Hackers way too seriously...

You leave angelina's sultry boy haircut having sweet ass outta this discussion!

Archer81
04-24-2011, 04:18 PM
You leave angelina's sultry boy haircut having sweet ass outta this discussion!

The mid 1990s were her chic lesbian phase. If she had stubble she would have looked more masculine then her male costar.

Good times.

Boobs McGee
04-24-2011, 04:20 PM
http://www.thevine.com.au/resources/imgdetail/110209033948_hackers-angelina-jolie.jpg

hahaha truth.

Boobs McGee
04-26-2011, 01:34 PM
A very realistic possibility of the REAL reason Sony shut down:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/gx6o4/im_a_moderator_over_at_psxscenecom_the_real/

Ok, I've seen a bunch of speculation of why people think PSN is down, and I thought I should just post what the community knows in comparison to what Sony is telling everyone. The truth is, there was a new CFW (custom firmware) released known as Rebug (http://rebug.me (http://rebug.me/)). It essentially turns a retail console into a dev console (not fully, but gives you a lot of the same options that usually dev's only have access to). Anyway, this new CFW was quickly figured out by 3rd parties (not Rebug) to give CFW users access to the PSN network again via the dev networks. With a little manipulation of the URL's through a proxy server you could get your hacked console back online. Not that big of a deal, right? Well, it also turns out that some people over at NGU found out that you could provide fake CC# info and the authenticity of the information was never checked as you were on Sony's private developer PSN network (essentially a network that Sony trusted). What happened next was extreme piracy of PSN content. Sony realizing the issue here shut down the network. Now, before you go freaking out about the latest information posted about Kotaku, no ones personal information was accessible via this hack. Not to say they couldn't get it, but no one is admitting to it being available. Anyway, that's the real reason for the PSN downtime. Sony is now rebuilding all of it's PSN servers to be more secure and (hopefully) make sure the CFW users cannot get online anymore.
Edit #1: To those of you saying that this is speculation, you are correct. But, it is speculation based on a lot of facts and the outcome seems to make the most sense.

Rebug was released on 3/31/11.
First guides of how to use the dev network to get back on COD games on 4/3/11.
Word of NGU users finding a way to pirate PSN content via the dev networks on 4/7/11 (basing this on posts I had to delete on the website. Update: Users have pointed out to me that these posts existed on NGU as of 4/2/11).
PSN goes down on 4/20/11

Now, you can believe Sony's PR team which has kept you completely in the dark, or you can see the list of events above and come to your own conclusion. Now, this isn't the first time Sony has fought back against the PS3 modders from getting on PSN. A couple of months ago we had a utility called f*ckPSN that changed the necessary header information that was being sent to Sony to allow modified consoles back online. We were able to use it for about a month. Then came the new TOS, the mass e-mail to PS3 customers, and software update 3.56 and 3.60. So, once again, yes this is all speculation, but it is speculation based on previous actions and known facts.
Edit #2: Mathieulh just mentioned that he has been in contact with someone that has official access to the SCE devnet servers and it was posted to them today that only 3.60+ debug firmwares will be allowed on the dev network anymore. All earlier versions will be cut. If you want to retain your access you need to contact Sony and upgrade to 3.60 debug firmware.
Edit #3: Ok, it looks like some various news sites have picked up this story and taken it out of context. Once again, this is all speculation and information gathered from various devs in the PS3 scene. It might very well not be the real reason PSN is down, but as the timeline fits, it's a reasonable explanation. Now, as to Rebug directly allowing this to happen, that's not the case at all. Different CFW's have had access to the dev network the whole time. This is not new news for people in the PS3 scene. It's what people have figured out what to do with the said network that has caused all the recent issues. Saying that Rebug is what did this is like saying a gun manufacturer is responsible for every death that happens with a gun.

epicSocialism4tw
04-26-2011, 04:10 PM
Look like they ganked everyone's credit card and personal info:

"Hackers stole the names, birth dates and possibly credit-card numbers for 77 million people who play online videogames through Sony (http://www.orangemane.com/public/quotes/main.html?type=djn&symbol=sne) Corp.'s PlayStation console, in what could rank among the biggest data breaches in history."

Read more: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703778104576287362503776534.html#i xzz1KfpLbod3

LongDongJohnson
04-26-2011, 05:00 PM
you get what you pay for

Chris
04-26-2011, 05:20 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/DrForester/SonyIsntGoodWithComputers.gif

Natedog24
04-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Nice of Sony to finally reveal that hackers have my personal information and potentially my credit card number almost a full week after this whole fiasco started....

Boobs McGee
04-26-2011, 05:47 PM
you get what you pay for

Like this couldn't happen to a paid subscription service :oyvey:

Karenin
04-26-2011, 06:04 PM
you get what you pay for

Right, like Microsoft has never had a major security breach. Oh yea, they've had a ton. ****ing retard.

Man-Goblin
04-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Dude WTF. I'm ready to bash another 12 year old's head in on NHL 2011. This is very disappointing but I have definitely made progress on my be a GM mode. Now 30 games or so in playing both the Lake Erie Monsters and the Avs. Lake Erie record is 26-2. Avs, let's just say I'm 7 points out of a playoff spot.

Anyways, I challenge any of you mofos. If, ya know, the network ever comes back.

Boobs McGee
04-26-2011, 09:02 PM
Can a non-hockey afficianado get into that game? User friendly as far as learning curves go?

epicSocialism4tw
04-26-2011, 09:04 PM
Dude WTF. I'm ready to bash another 12 year old's head in on NHL 2011. This is very disappointing but I have definitely made progress on my be a GM mode. Now 30 games or so in playing both the Lake Erie Monsters and the Avs. Lake Erie record is 26-2. Avs, let's just say I'm 7 points out of a playoff spot.

Anyways, I challenge any of you mofos. If, ya know, the network ever comes back.

:rofl:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J4Rm78uumu4?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J4Rm78uumu4?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Garcia Bronco
04-26-2011, 09:17 PM
lol at Chris.

Wes Mantooth
04-27-2011, 07:46 PM
you get what you pay for

genius. Because it is free, it must be more vulnerable to compromise.

Boobs McGee
05-13-2011, 08:56 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-05-13/sony-network-said-to-have-been-invaded-by-hackers-using-amazon-com-server.html

Interesting...the hackers used a LEGIT account on amazon to launch the attack.

Quoydogs
05-13-2011, 09:02 PM
I kicked it on last night, still down. Anyone have any Idea when it will be back up ?? I thought they said it would be up last week but it was not working last night.

BMarsh615
05-13-2011, 09:15 PM
I kicked it on last night, still down. Anyone have any Idea when it will be back up ?? I thought they said it would be up last week but it was not working last night.

The last update Sony gave was four days ago and they said "it will likely be at least a few more days."

maven
05-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Right, like Microsoft has never had a major security breach. Oh yea, they've had a ton. ****ing retard.

Has this ever happened on Xbox Live? I think not.

Boobs McGee
05-13-2011, 09:49 PM
Actually I'm pretty sure it has...lemme do some searching

maven
05-13-2011, 09:51 PM
Actually I'm pretty sure it has...lemme do some searching

Down time? Yes

Security breach? No.

That is what separates the two systems.

Boobs McGee
05-13-2011, 09:52 PM
http://m.zdnet.com/blog/security/xbox-live-hacked-accounts-stolen/131

Obviously not the same scale, but here is one example

maven
05-13-2011, 09:56 PM
http://m.zdnet.com/blog/security/xbox-live-hacked-accounts-stolen/131

Obviously not the same scale, but here is one example

I stand corrected. If I remember correctly, I believe the hackers hacked the hotmail accounts..

EDIT: And signed into their accounts via their windows live ID to gain access to to their personal info.

Boobs McGee
05-13-2011, 10:02 PM
Still, nothing CLOSE to the scale of the Sony fiasco.

But, nothing is safe in the end. It COULD technically happen to any company, but I'd bet Microsoft will always be safer, simply because they have more Affiliations with the computer world . I dunno, that opinion has NO founding, but seems logical enough

Man-Goblin
05-13-2011, 10:31 PM
I just won 2 out of 5 with the Monsters and Avs against the computer. My skills are getting seriously honed.

I'm ready to lay the wood to someone. Anyone. Oh and beat someone in video hockey, too. Bring it (if the network ever comes back up)!

Man-Goblin
05-14-2011, 08:03 PM
Can a non-hockey afficianado get into that game? User friendly as far as learning curves go?

Yeah just turn the off sides off. But if you're playin me we go ok'd school. Two line pass is NOT allowed and as a penalty you have to do two shots and 45 pushups.

Man-Goblin
05-14-2011, 08:04 PM
My PS3 is doing an update....it may or may not be back online. Will keep you geeks posted.

Man-Goblin
05-14-2011, 08:09 PM
Okay. It updated. And still can't log in. False alarm. Nothing to see here.

Connecticut Bronco Fan
05-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Sony's MMO market just came back online. So I imagine the PSN is soon.

Quoydogs
05-14-2011, 08:57 PM
They are turning it back on state by state. Here is the link to the map. They will update it as it goes.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/14/ps3-system-software-update/

maher_tyler
05-14-2011, 09:04 PM
They are turning it back on state by state. Here is the link to the map. They will update it as it goes.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/14/ps3-system-software-update/

Word!

Archer81
05-14-2011, 09:06 PM
I hope they get the PSN up soon. I just did the firmware update...I want to transfer what I have on my old PS3 to my new one...hurry up Sony...

maher_tyler
05-14-2011, 09:12 PM
Yeah just turn the off sides off. But if you're playin me we go ok'd school. Two line pass is NOT allowed and as a penalty you have to do two shots and 45 pushups.

I can't seem to find the touch in this years game...i usually have a hard time scoring...

Quoydogs
05-14-2011, 10:00 PM
FL, NC, SC and GA now.. Dammit come on Oregon !!!

Man-Goblin
05-14-2011, 10:26 PM
I can't seem to find the touch in this years game...i usually have a hard time scoring...

It's tough and that's what makes it so awesome. I have never played a sports game that several games in I haven't been able to solve the AI. This game, I still have no idea if I'm going to win each game, and you pretty much have to be on your toes at all times when your playing the computer.

And I know I'm playing with a ****ty team, or with a good team. It's probably the most realistic sports simulation I've ever played.

Kaylore
05-14-2011, 11:17 PM
XBOX live goes down now and again, but for a few hours, not a few weeks. And it always runs better once it comes back.

Archer81
05-14-2011, 11:22 PM
XBOX live goes down now and again, but for a few hours, not a few weeks. And it always runs better once it comes back.

Well its obvious, isnt it?

Sony is in possession of anti-grav technology. The illuminati, acting through "anonymous" hacked Sony's servers as a warning. Not to be outdone, the Jews used micronukes to destroy the sony servers, so Sony had to order new ones, hence the delay.

Dont buy the disinfo, Bro!

BMarsh615
05-15-2011, 01:28 AM

At least 80% of Playstation users don't have to ship their consoles back to the company to get repaired once a year. Every time you send your XBOX back to Microsoft it takes them at least two or three weeks for you to get it back.

Drek
05-15-2011, 10:01 AM

Just a few years ago XBL had major brownout issues for several weeks over the Christmas holiday.

Also, what is the greater issue here, Sony having their network seriously compromised once and then effecting a legitimate remedy, or Microsoft having literally dozens of ways for individual users to have their accounts hacked and yet they continue to sit on their hands and do nothing.

MS' desire for cross service unification (Windows Live, XBL, etc. all tied into one user "ID") means that if a hacker gets a hold of a single thread that person's entire service is compromised. But protecting users from that doesn't mesh with MS' corporate agenda so they'll continue ignoring the massive security risk it makes for all of their end users.

Dutch
05-15-2011, 11:43 AM
Just a few years ago XBL had major brownout issues for several weeks over the Christmas holiday.

Also, what is the greater issue here, Sony having their network seriously compromised once and then effecting a legitimate remedy, or Microsoft having literally dozens of ways for individual users to have their accounts hacked and yet they continue to sit on their hands and do nothing.

MS' desire for cross service unification (Windows Live, XBL, etc. all tied into one user "ID") means that if a hacker gets a hold of a single thread that person's entire service is compromised. But protecting users from that doesn't mesh with MS' corporate agenda so they'll continue ignoring the massive security risk it makes for all of their end users.

This

Doggcow
05-15-2011, 02:44 PM
At least 80% of Playstation users don't have to ship their consoles back to the company to get repaired once a year. Every time you send your XBOX back to Microsoft it takes them at least two or three weeks for you to get it back.

I've never had to ship an xbox back.

BMarsh615
05-15-2011, 05:46 PM
I've never had to ship an xbox back.

I spent more money getting my XBOX repaired than I originally paid for the console. I sent mine back 5 or 6 times in the three years I had it.

srphoenix
05-15-2011, 05:49 PM
for those who haven't already heard, it went live again today. It was nice playing some modern warfare 2 and madden again after a month hiatus.

Doggcow
05-15-2011, 11:59 PM
I spent more money getting my XBOX repaired than I originally paid for the console. I sent mine back 5 or 6 times in the three years I had it.

Sounds like you need to dust and ventilate more.

Btw, anyone have Mortal Kombat for PS3? Wanna play?

LongDongJohnson
05-16-2011, 12:45 AM

Thats because your an idiot.

BMarsh615
05-16-2011, 12:53 AM
Thats because your an idiot.

Yeah it was pretty dumb of me to buy a 360. I sold that POS and have had my PS3 for three years now and have never had to send it in to get repaired.

Archer81
05-16-2011, 01:19 AM
Sounds like you need to dust and ventilate more.

Btw, anyone have Mortal Kombat for PS3? Wanna play?

Mortal Kombat was a major influence on my preteen/early teen years. Bloody gore and fatalities and a crazy ass story.

Nostalgia.

Archer81
05-16-2011, 01:22 AM
Yeah it was pretty dumb of me to buy a 360. I sold that POS and have had my PS3 for three years now and have never had to send it in to get repaired.

My PS3 (one of the original 60GB systems) finally stopped reading game discs after 5 years. It can still play blueray and Netflix, so I think I will keep it as a pretty decent blueray player.

One of my buddies bought a PS3 and an Xbox360 at the same time and is still on his original PS3. He is now on his 3rd Xbox360, which he only keeps because of NHL08, 09 and 10.

Silly Microsoft.

That One Guy
05-16-2011, 05:58 AM
Mortal Kombat was a major influence on my preteen/early teen years. Bloody gore and fatalities and a crazy ass story.

Nostalgia.

Which was awesome until the moves got more complex than the coding for the game. I could handle R+L+^^ but then it got silly.

Kaylore
05-16-2011, 06:03 AM
My 360 has never had issues. I'm going on year two now. You PS fanboys are like Mac users. You grossly exaggerate the 360's issues. 80% of 360 owners have to send their system in for repair every year? What hairy sphincter did you pull that BS statistic out of?

Dutch
05-16-2011, 06:08 AM
My PS3 (one of the original 60GB systems) finally stopped reading game discs after 5 years. It can still play blueray and Netflix, so I think I will keep it as a pretty decent blueray player.

One of my buddies bought a PS3 and an Xbox360 at the same time and is still on his original PS3. He is now on his 3rd Xbox360, which he only keeps because of NHL08, 09 and 10.

Silly Microsoft.

Several of the top consumer electronic review sites (Cnet being one of the good ones off the top of my head) use the PS3 as their benchmarking Blueray player. They have raved about the quality and speed of the PS3 in this capacity since it was released. Note: I was able to download the software update once I updated/changed my password to PSN. All is good now here in Atlanta.

DenverBroncosJM
05-16-2011, 07:27 AM
I have both units (fat ps3) and a new xbox with kinetic.

The ps3 is 5 years old and I have never had an issue. The xbox is 6 months old and has already been sent in for repair...I like xbox I'm not bashing it but to say it isn't known world wide (red ring of death) that xbox has issues with reliability is silly.

LRtagger
05-16-2011, 07:31 AM

Silly Microsoft.

I can fix it for you...or show you how. It just needs a new laser. You can get them on ebay for around $60 last time I checked and its about a 30 min process to swap them.

gyldenlove
05-16-2011, 07:52 AM
You are all fools, my PC will play games at better resolution and FPS than your consoles, I can also play MMOs, Starcraft, Diablo and simulator games that you will never be able to play oh and some of the parts just turned 7 years old and never had to be replaced or wore out.

PC - for the serious gamer.

maher_tyler
05-16-2011, 08:09 AM
You are all fools, my PC will play games at better resolution and FPS than your consoles, I can also play MMOs, Starcraft, Diablo and simulator games that you will never be able to play oh and some of the parts just turned 7 years old and never had to be replaced or wore out.

PC - for the serious gamer.

I play Starcraft 2, bad ass game..hooked my Laptop up to my 52" LED using the HD slot on my laptop and had the surround sound on!! I'm mainly into sports games though and they are much more user friendly on a console than a PC...

Requiem
05-16-2011, 09:08 AM
I got an XBOX360 as a sophomore in college and my fourth year, I decided to sell the bastard.

Got the red ring of death once, exchanged the system under warranty and then ended up spinning it off to a friend with all the games later.

At least half of the people I know who bought 360s at some point had to get a replacement. Can't say that with PS3 users.

55CrushEm
05-16-2011, 10:17 AM
Alright.....I throw my 2 cents in, and I'm prepared to get flamed.....

Console gaming sucks.

PC gaming blows it away.

That is all.

;D