PDA

View Full Version : Carolina to pass on Newton?

tsiguy96
04-22-2011, 05:07 PM
Former high-ranking Panthers executive Tony Softli predicts that Carolina will pass on Cam Newton and take Alabama DT Marcell Dareus with the No. 1 overall pick in the draft.
"They need defensive linemen. They have for awhile," says Softli, who also has a history with the Rams. "I really think they're gonna pass on Cam Newton. ... I really believe it's gonna be the defensive tackle." While we still take everything with a grain of salt, it's important to note that Softli's info has been solid this offseason. He was the first to point out Adrian Clayborn's Erb Palsy condition, and among the first to explicitly report on Ryan Mallett's drug use at Arkansas.

per roto, per 101 espn st louis. not set in stone by any means, but this gives the team a possibility to trade down, or basically sets the stage for miller vs peterson.

oubronco
04-22-2011, 05:14 PM
Believe it when I see it

Play2win
04-22-2011, 05:19 PM
This is my nightmare scenerio-- that Dareus is not available...

Rabb
04-22-2011, 05:20 PM
Patrick Peterson, come on down

HAT
04-22-2011, 05:36 PM
This is my dream scenario-- that Dareus is not available...

yerner
04-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Patrick Peterson, come on down

Do it!

mkporter
04-22-2011, 05:54 PM
I think this would be good for those of us that want to trade down. I think someone might be willing to jump in front of Buffalo for Newton.

teknic
04-22-2011, 05:59 PM
I think this would be good for those of us that want to trade down. I think someone might be willing to jump in front of Buffalo for Newton.

This.

Having Newton AND Gabbert available right before QB needy teams like Buffalo, Cincy and maybe Arizona should give us a chance to trade back and gain some picks and remain in the top 10.

tsiguy96
04-22-2011, 06:01 PM

i read earlier this week if newton is there, buffalo will take them...guess that depends if miller is there too.

FireFly
04-22-2011, 06:03 PM
I don't think the panthers will take newton, I never have. He's the worst "top" qb prospect for years IMO

Chris
04-22-2011, 06:07 PM
I'm thinking we trade back to 5 and draft Fairley.

KevinJames
04-22-2011, 06:10 PM
This is my dream scenario-- that Dareus is not available...

:thumbs:

^5

gunns
04-22-2011, 06:11 PM
I've never thought Carolina would take Newton. To me he'll probably have a slightly better career than Ja Russell. I just cannot see Rivera wanting Newton. While I would prefer a DT at #2 I really just want D because anything D is going to improve the D. Do whatever you have to, just get us D.

Lestat
04-22-2011, 06:30 PM
interesting indeed. makes the value of the #2 very high if true. someone will come up above Buffalo and try to snag Newton or Gabbert. then that allows us to slide down and take either Miller,Peterson,Fairly or Quinn

mhgaffney
04-22-2011, 06:30 PM
Well then...

barring a trade down -- this is the path to Peterson at #2...

teknic
04-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Well then...

barring a trade down -- this is the path to Peterson at #2...

or Miller. !Booya!

Broncobiv
04-22-2011, 06:54 PM
Wait wait wait...if Carolina passes on Cam, then...

Hold on a minute...stay with me here!

Erm, um, hmm...yeah, I think it's true! If I'm not mistaken...

If Carolina SOMEHOW passes on CAM, then DENVER CAN DRAFT HIM!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YU3fcUVksZc?rel=0#t=8s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

primetime714
04-22-2011, 07:00 PM
Trade down with Arizona. Zona picks Miller, Buffalo goes Newton, Gabbert to Cincy, and we grab Peterson at 5. Zona is in a tough position because the defensive players that fit their scheme the best Miller and Dareus won't make it to 5 and there's no guarantee that either QB makes it there either and who knows if they even want one. Miller is the perfect fit for their defense. They have to consider moving up to grab him. I don't think he makes it past Buffalo. At the very least we need to be talking with Buffalo making them think we're moving the pick to someone like Arizona to see if they'd give us anything to move up a spot.

TheReverend
04-22-2011, 07:06 PM
Cam doesnt deserve to go top 10, imo, let alone #1

AZorange1
04-22-2011, 07:14 PM
Cam doesnt deserve to go top 10, imo, let alone #1

I think your forgetting that with Cam you actually get 1 1/2 players, Dad being the other 1/2.

Broncoman13
04-22-2011, 08:00 PM
I can see the top 5 of the draft shaking down like this...

Carolina- Dareus
Denver- Peterson
Buffalo- Miller
Cindy- AJ Green
Arizona- Gabbert

I don't think Newton will be drafted in the top 5 if Carolina passes on him at 1... And rightfully so. I also don't see any reason for AZ trading with us, unless they want Von Miller.

Our only real chance at a trade in the top 10 is Tennessee. If they covet Gabbert or Newton enough, it could work in our favor.

1. Dareus
2. Gabbert
3. Miller
4. Green
5. Peterson
6. Quinn
7. Newton
8. Fairley

We would get the Titans #39 and next year's first in the trade down, well worth it IMO.

But, if the Browns or Niners decide to take Fairley, we are probably looking at Bowers, Amukamara, or Watt. Not a good scenario and maybe not worth the risk.

Move to 5 and we are safe.

ICON
04-22-2011, 08:13 PM
I can see the top 5 of the draft shaking down like this...

Carolina- Dareus
Denver- Peterson
Buffalo- Miller
Cindy- AJ Green
Arizona- Gabbert

I don't think Newton will be drafted in the top 5 if Carolina passes on him at 1... And rightfully so. I also don't see any reason for AZ trading with us, unless they want Von Miller.

Our only real chance at a trade in the top 10 is Tennessee. If they covet Gabbert or Newton enough, it could work in our favor.

1. Dareus
2. Gabbert
3. Miller
4. Green
5. Peterson
6. Quinn
7. Newton
8. Fairley

We would get the Titans #39 and next year's first in the trade down, well worth it IMO.

But, if the Browns or Niners decide to take Fairley, we are probably looking at Bowers, Amukamara, or Watt. Not a good scenario and maybe not worth the risk.

Move to 5 and we are safe. Peterson wont last tell pick 3 IMO.

TheReverend
04-22-2011, 08:33 PM
Peterson wont last tell pick 3 IMO.

If he makes it past Denver and Carolina, he definitely can. Buddy Nix is WAY too random to predict anything he's going to do in Buffallo and Cincy has a pair of young, HYPER talented corners already. Leon Hall is one of the best CBs in the game and Johnathan Joseph isn't far behind.

NUB
04-22-2011, 08:57 PM
I would not be surprised to see Peterson or Green go to Carolina at #1. Their defensive line has some young talent on it already and just how willing are they to give up on Clausen to take the likes of Cam Newton? I mean, might as well build up other parts of the team and if things blow up next season (if there is one) you will have a much better field of QBs to pick from.

tsiguy96
04-22-2011, 08:59 PM
I would not be surprised to see Peterson or Green go to Carolina at #1. Their defensive line has some young talent on it already and just how willing are they to give up on Clausen to take the likes of Cam Newton? I mean, might as well build up other parts of the team and if things blow up next season (if there is one) you will have a much better field of QBs to pick from.

i think carolina is seeing this now too, you have a QB whos ceiling appears to be limited. why not sign vince young once hes cut and just go from there? if you want an athletic QB with an arm, atleast hes shown he has some capability in the NFL.

Archer81
04-22-2011, 09:01 PM
I was unaware that Carolina was a sure fire bet to take him in the first place. And if they **** up my mock draft for them I'll snap.

:Broncos:

Hercules Rockefeller
04-22-2011, 09:37 PM
per roto, per 101 espn st louis. not set in stone by any means, but this gives the team a possibility to trade down, or basically sets the stage for miller vs peterson.

How is that possible? Schefter tweeted weeks ago that it would be Newton and you've told us since them that he was correct about Bradford last year.

God. Roto vs what Schedter said? Has your head exploded yet?

tsiguy96
04-22-2011, 09:41 PM
How is that possible? Schefter tweeted weeks ago that it would be Newton and you've told us since them that he was correct about Bradford last year.

God. Roto vs what Schedter said? Has your head exploded yet?

see, posts like this are just stupid. i post reports that are not mine, that are actual NFL insider reports, and people like you bitch about it. so apparently you arent allowed to post what NFL insiders are saying about the league and what is/might happen, you can only post what you yourself think? how does that even make sense?

and schefter never said it IS newton, he said that its likely going to be newton (80%), and this is the first report to come out to the contrary.

TheReverend
04-22-2011, 09:46 PM
see, posts like this are just stupid. i post reports that are not mine, that are actual NFL insider reports, and people like you b**** about it. so apparently you arent allowed to post what NFL insiders are saying about the league and what is/might happen, you can only post what you yourself think? how does that even make sense?

and schefter never said it IS newton, he said that its likely going to be newton (80%), and this is the first report to come out to the contrary.

Everyone appreciates posting what insiders have said.

Parroting that opinion and strictly letting them make up your mind FOR you is why people mock you.

I've tried to help you with this for literally over two years... yet you still wonder why people make fun of you.

pricejj
04-22-2011, 10:35 PM
Marty Hurney (GM of the Panthers) is an attention whore.

Why can't he just say he's gonna pick Dareus already? No one is going to trade up to #1 for Cam, when they could just trade with us if they really wanted him.

I will be so glad when Hurney's 15 minutes of fame is done.

The problem with a trade down for Denver is:
1. Buffalo has a QB (Fitzpatrick) who they like who isn't bad.
2. I think Cincy will pick Green, to try to entice Palmer to come back.
3. AZ (our only potential trading partner) can just wait for Miller, Gabbert, Newton, or Fairley... One will be available.

IMO Denver will choose between Miller and Fairley. I'm down with both. Fairley is more valuable in a 4-3. My top five:

1. Carolina - Dareus
2. Denver - Fairley
3. Buffalo - Miller
4. Cincy - Green
5. AZ - Newton

listopencil
04-22-2011, 10:46 PM
see, posts like this are just stupid. i post reports that are not mine, that are actual NFL insider reports, and people like you b**** about it. so apparently you arent allowed to post what NFL insiders are saying about the league and what is/might happen, you can only post what you yourself think? how does that even make sense?

In the grand scheme of things, when I see posts like this, I think that there is some more give-and-take between the two posters involved that I am unaware of. Maybe a few posts here and there that I never read. But, what I can do is look at the two posters involved and form an opinion.

HerculesRockefeller: Smart guy. Seems to know his **** when it comes to the NFL. I respect him and value his opinions.

tsiguy96: Spastic Pollyanna with little to no common sense. Talks out of his ass and bashes people when they disagree with "him".

I'm going with Herc.

listopencil
04-22-2011, 10:47 PM
Oh hey, I've been drinking some ****ty vodka for like two hours so maybe I'm full of ****. I don't give a ****.

tsiguy96
04-22-2011, 10:59 PM
Everyone appreciates posting what insiders have said.

Parroting that opinion and strictly letting them make up your mind FOR you is why people mock you.

I've tried to help you with this for literally over two years... yet you still wonder why people make fun of you.

i am posting what someone who used to work for the panthers organization said and how it possibly effects denver and their draft pick. yet that is somehow parroting someone elses opinion?

previously it was said that carolina might take newton, that affects denver differently than if carolina takes dareus. this is relevant to the conversation. im not parroting anything, im posting what is currently happening and being reported in the league which makes for discussion on how it affects denver, yet this turns into me parroting someone elses opinion somehow...

TheReverend
04-22-2011, 11:13 PM
i am posting what someone who used to work for the panthers organization said and how it possibly effects denver and their draft pick. yet that is somehow parroting someone elses opinion?

previously it was said that carolina might take newton, that affects denver differently than if carolina takes dareus. this is relevant to the conversation. im not parroting anything, im posting what is currently happening and being reported in the league which makes for discussion on how it affects denver, yet this turns into me parroting someone elses opinion somehow...

Holy ****. See if you can follow this:

1. You get made fun

2. You get mad you got made fun of

3. I explain WHY you got made fun of for 100000th time

4. You once again dont understand #3 and get butthurt though I'm trying to help

My final verdict:

Youre a god forsaken ****ing moron who brings this on yourself and I'm done with it. Dont send me anymore "Wahhhh" PMs either please. Oh, and for the record, it was Schefter you were parroting. If you didn't have the ****ing IQ of a grapefruit, you could've figured out that that's the only POSSIBLE conclusion of "parroting" in this instance considering this story is a few hours old.

Please get a vasectomy for the sake of mankind.

tsiguy96
04-22-2011, 11:15 PM
this is win win for denver regardless. they take newton, gives denver their choice of players. they take dareus or peterson (the other guy they supposedly love) denver still gets a top defensive selection as well as huge factor in trading down if they want, maybe even to buffalo so they insure their QBOTF and denver gets another 3rd or whatever it would take for them to move up. like the other post in the forum says, denver could only really mess this up if they were trying to.

TheReverend
04-22-2011, 11:15 PM
In the grand scheme of things, when I see posts like this, I think that there is some more give-and-take between the two posters involved that I am unaware of. Maybe a few posts here and there that I never read. But, what I can do is look at the two posters involved and form an opinion.

HerculesRockefeller: Smart guy. Seems to know his **** when it comes to the NFL. I respect him and value his opinions.

tsiguy96: Spastic Pollyanna with little to no common sense. Talks out of his ass and bashes people when they disagree with "him".

I'm going with Herc.

There definitely is more, and quite frankly I thought about making the SAME post Herc did earlier, but decided to move on. Completely regretting doing that now, and it won't happen again.

Definitely echo your sentiments on both, as well.

ZONA
04-23-2011, 12:50 AM
Trade down with Arizona. Zona picks Miller, Buffalo goes Newton, Gabbert to Cincy, and we grab Peterson at 5. Zona is in a tough position because the defensive players that fit their scheme the best Miller and Dareus won't make it to 5 and there's no guarantee that either QB makes it there either and who knows if they even want one. Miller is the perfect fit for their defense. They have to consider moving up to grab him. I don't think he makes it past Buffalo. At the very least we need to be talking with Buffalo making them think we're moving the pick to someone like Arizona to see if they'd give us anything to move up a spot.

On paper sounds good. But you have to know the owner of the Cardinals and his style, which is cheap. I highly doubt he would want to give up picks to move up. The only way I could see that happening is if there was a few top rated passers highly valued. I think Arizona is going to sit and pick at #5. If Miller is there, I think they take him. After that, I think they look at Peterson and then Gabbert.

fdf
04-23-2011, 01:35 AM

Not sure how that helps us trade down. If Dareus goes number 1, that leaves two QB's available at three and later if we don't trade. If we pick at two, none of the other teams will believe we are taking a QB. So that leaves two top QB's available at 3 and later. So there's less need for anyone to jump to two to get one of the top QB's. If Newton went number 1, the need to jump other teams to Denver's spot to get the last quality QB seems greater. Just my thoughts.

mkporter
04-23-2011, 06:52 AM
Not sure how that helps us trade down. If Dareus goes number 1, that leaves two QB's available at three and later if we don't trade. If we pick at two, none of the other teams will believe we are taking a QB. So that leaves two top QB's available at 3 and later. So there's less need for anyone to jump to two to get one of the top QB's. If Newton went number 1, the need to jump other teams to Denver's spot to get the last quality QB seems greater. Just my thoughts.

You might be right, but if there's a scenario in which someone has a hard-on for newton, they'll need to jump Buffalo to get him, because I think the Bills would end up taking him if available.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-23-2011, 07:26 AM

I think the reasons have been pretty well summed up, your opinion shifts like the wind. The last thing you read is now your new talking point. Think for yourself.

Oh, and McShay said yesterday that there isn't 1 team that thinks Mallett has drug issues.

tsiguy96
04-23-2011, 08:14 AM
I think the reasons have been pretty well summed up, your opinion shifts like the wind. The last thing you read is now your new talking point. Think for yourself.

Oh, and McShay said yesterday that there isn't 1 team that thinks Mallett has drug issues.

i guess i fail to see where i injected opinion into this post, this post was never meant to be an opinion nor did i ever claim it to be, hence me posting the original source of it. why you feel the need to attack me for posting an update that affects denver is beyond me, especially when 27 other posts prior to yours managed to keep the discussion on topic.

and who cares if my opinion changes over time, its an opinion, its allowed to change if i see evidence to point to a different thought than i previously had, and thats relevant to anything, not just broncos or football related. it doesnt change because someone says something to the contrary, it changes because i see evidence or reasoning behind a different train of thought that i previously had, and since it is my opinion i am allowed to do that. not that any of that is relevant to this particular thread, or an unprovoked attack on me. its more like you were just looking for a post of mine to reply to and stumbled across this one.

if you dont like me or my opinion thats fine, you are entitled to your own as well. you dont need to follow me around looking for reasons to attack me when nothing i wrote was directed at you or at anyone at all, it was posting an update relevant to the team.

TheReverend
04-23-2011, 08:36 AM
i guess i fail to see where i injected opinion into this post, this post was never meant to be an opinion nor did i ever claim it to be, hence me posting the original source of it. why you feel the need to attack me for posting an update that affects denver is beyond me, especially when 27 other posts prior to yours managed to keep the discussion on topic.

and who cares if my opinion changes over time, its an opinion, its allowed to change if i see evidence to point to a different thought than i previously had, and thats relevant to anything, not just broncos or football related. it doesnt change because someone says something to the contrary, it changes because i see evidence or reasoning behind a different train of thought that i previously had, and since it is my opinion i am allowed to do that. not that any of that is relevant to this particular thread, or an unprovoked attack on me. its more like you were just looking for a post of mine to reply to and stumbled across this one.

if you dont like me or my opinion thats fine, you are entitled to your own as well. you dont need to follow me around looking for reasons to attack me when nothing i wrote was directed at you or at anyone at all, it was posting an update relevant to the team.

Did you read this post on twitter, bro?

Cito Pelon
04-23-2011, 09:17 AM
There definitely is more, and quite frankly I thought about making the SAME post Herc did earlier, but decided to move on. Completely regretting doing that now, and it won't happen again.

Definitely echo your sentiments on both, as well.

Are you trying to win the "Combative Poster of the Year" award?

Chris
04-23-2011, 09:29 AM
Marty Hurney (GM of the Panthers) is an attention whore.

Why can't he just say he's gonna pick Dareus already? No one is going to trade up to #1 for Cam, when they could just trade with us if they really wanted him.

I will be so glad when Hurney's 15 minutes of fame is done.

The problem with a trade down for Denver is:
1. Buffalo has a QB (Fitzpatrick) who they like who isn't bad.
2. I think Cincy will pick Green, to try to entice Palmer to come back.
3. AZ (our only potential trading partner) can just wait for Miller, Gabbert, Newton, or Fairley... One will be available.

IMO Denver will choose between Miller and Fairley. I'm down with both. Fairley is more valuable in a 4-3. My top five:

1. Carolina - Dareus
2. Denver - Fairley
3. Buffalo - Miller
4. Cincy - Green
5. AZ - Newton

Dig this though I think AZ might take Peterson over Newton.

broncogary
04-23-2011, 09:33 AM

He used to be anonymous but now he's a pretty strong poster. :strong:

Captain 'Dre
04-23-2011, 12:23 PM
This is my nightmare scenerio-- that Dareus is not available...

All I know is, I wouldn't draft an ***clown like Cam Newton ANYWHERE in the 1st round! ugh!~

mwill07
04-23-2011, 01:46 PM

This is how i see it going down too... imo, our best chance for trading down is if car goes qb first.

ozomulsion
04-23-2011, 02:07 PM
Holy ****. See if you can follow this:

1. You get made fun

2. You get mad you got made fun of

3. I explain WHY you got made fun of for 100000th time

4. You once again dont understand #3 and get butthurt though I'm trying to help

My final verdict:

Youre a god forsaken ****ing moron who brings this on yourself and I'm done with it. Dont send me anymore "Wahhhh" PMs either please. Oh, and for the record, it was Schefter you were parroting. If you didn't have the ****ing IQ of a grapefruit, you could've figured out that that's the only POSSIBLE conclusion of "parroting" in this instance considering this story is a few hours old.

Please get a vasectomy for the sake of mankind.

LOL It's too bad that you can't help him become a better poster
as I helped you many years ago. :thumbs:

BroncoInferno
04-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Good. That means we get either Peterson or Miller, who will be eilte players. I think Dareus will be good, but not elite, plus his position has a much shorter shelf life than LBs or CBs. Then get Paea at 2a and Austin at 2b (probably a pipe dream to get both, but we should be able to get one of them).

bowtown
04-23-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm on board with whoever BroncoWarrior via Mike Mayock likes.

Pony Boy
04-23-2011, 03:31 PM
I'm not buying any of this.... I think Cam Newton goes first pick to Panthers, he's a franchise QB and will sell tickets and that's a shot in the arm Carolina needs.

TheReverend
04-23-2011, 03:47 PM
LOL It's too bad that you can't help him become a better poster
as I helped you many years ago. :thumbs:

You've always loved me.

Btw this is the third post I've seen from you in a day. Welcome back?

oubronco
04-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Not to mention all the time and money invested in evaluating him.............well maybe they just dont think he's all that good anymore

TheReverend
04-23-2011, 03:59 PM
No matter how you feel about Fox, Carolina giving him one last lame duck season and pushing all younger players was a raw deal.

Newton sure as **** isn't going to change that. A veteran presence will.

That ownership needs to open up their pocket books for some leadership and solid players when FA opens.

And they'd be smart to go Peterson and Ponder in the first rounds. I hope they don't, but it'd behoove them.

ozomulsion
04-23-2011, 04:35 PM
You've always loved me.

Btw this is the third post I've seen from you in a day. Welcome back?

Yes indeed. I'm back indefinitely, and thank you :)

It's nice to see some of my old buddies on here.

Dedhed
04-23-2011, 04:38 PM
Yes indeed. I'm back indefinitely, and thank you :)

It's nice to see some of my old buddies on here.

I can't even remember whether I like you or not.

mwill07
04-23-2011, 04:51 PM
No matter how you feel about Fox, Carolina giving him one last lame duck season and pushing all younger players was a raw deal.

Newton sure as **** isn't going to change that. A veteran presence will.

That ownership needs to open up their pocket books for some leadership and solid players when FA opens.

And they'd be smart to go Peterson and Ponder in the first rounds. I hope they don't, but it'd behoove them.
Is ponder supposed to be a 3rd rounder? It really hurts carolina in that they donít have a 2nd round pick here, if they want to upgrade @ qb, they pretty much have to take one @ 1 or trade down.

lostknight
04-23-2011, 09:34 PM
bear in mind, even if they don't go with Newton, They might still pick up AJ Green. Smith is a malcontent, openly fueding with Clausen, and old to boot.

ozomulsion
04-24-2011, 01:30 AM
I can't even remember whether I like you or not.

You don't like me a bit.

Are you and Mike Anderson still dating?

TheReverend
04-24-2011, 03:06 PM
You don't like me a bit.

Are you and Mike Anderson still dating?

Haha took 24 hrs to get back into 2006 form.

Dedhed
04-24-2011, 03:12 PM
You don't like me a bit.

Oh Yeah. Last I remember you'd become a professed Chiefs fan. How'd that work out for you?

Hamrob
04-24-2011, 07:52 PM
I agree. I think the Panthers pass on Newton.

My top five:

Dareus
Peterson
Miller
Fairley
Quinn

I'm fine with any of these guys. Considering that Newton, Gabbert & Green are sure bets to go top 8...then even if we trade back to 8...we will get one of these guys. I'm fine with that.

My guess would be a trade with San Fran or Tennessee. We would probably end up with Fairley if that happens...but, would have an outside shot at Peterson as well. Alot of mocks have Peterson going #7 to San Fran.

If we stay at #2...I think this is the Broncos board:

Dareus
Miller
Peterson
Fairley
Quinn

So, if we stay at #2 and Carolina takes Dareus...I think our pick will be Miller. I have Peterson above Miller on my board...but, I don't think that will be the case for our Broncos.

Hamrob
04-24-2011, 07:59 PM
I'm not buying any of this.... I think Cam Newton goes first pick to Panthers, he's a franchise QB and will sell tickets and that's a shot in the arm Carolina needs.I disagree.

The Panthers spent a 2nd rounder on Clausen last year. They don't have a 2nd round pick this year. I think there looking at the following:

1. Try to trade back and get more picks (just like us). They could still get a guy like Green, Jones, Newton or Gabbert if they trade back in the top 10. If Clausen sucks this season and the team is poor again...then they will enter the "Luck" sweepstakes next year!

2. If they are stuck and nobody wants to trade up to #1, then they will take the best guy on their board (Dareus). It's a need position for them and he is slightly above Green on their board.

uplink
04-24-2011, 08:25 PM
Lets hope Al Davis trades up to get Newton.

ozomulsion
04-25-2011, 12:42 AM
Oh Yeah. Last I remember you'd become a professed Chiefs fan. How'd that work out for you?

You've got me all wrong. I would be a traitor
if I became a Chiefs fan. I had to switch to the
Dolphins because we traded my boy Bmarsh.
That dude has tigers blood.

We have this wonderful community at finheaven.com
We open our arms to all fans of other teams. You can speak
your mind and never get banned.

mhgaffney
04-25-2011, 09:51 AM
If the Panthers do take Dareus -- and Denver then takes the BPA Peterson -- at least that will moot the issue about who to take.

Peterson at that point is a no brainer.

robbieopperude
04-25-2011, 11:00 AM
I am worried Denver would take Fairly/Miller over Peterson at 2. We really need Carolina to take Cam at 1 or else this could very well happen
1. Dareus
2. Fairley
3. Newton
4. AJ Green
5. Von Miller
6. Peterson
7. Gabbert

I do not believe that Arizona is interested in going QB at all. Larry Fitzgerald would not be happy with a rookie QB. He wants Kolb who they can try to trade for later. If Cam does go 1 then at least SF and Tenn may have interest in moving up for Gabbert. We could really go for broke and try to trade back with Wash or Minn but now you have moved way back in the draft and I'm not sure who Denver would want back there. Liuget at DT and a hole bunch of 2nds, 3rds and a future number 1 would be interesting.

robbieopperude
04-25-2011, 11:01 AM
My preference is for Cam to go 1 and for Denver to move back with SF/Tenn and still get Fairley.