PDA

View Full Version : Pat Tillman anniversary

Pontius Pirate
04-22-2011, 09:57 AM
Just FYI that it was 7 years ago today that Pat Tillman was killed in Afghanistan.

R.I.P. Pat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Tillman

Chris
04-22-2011, 10:00 AM
Still haven't seen the documentary.

Pontius Pirate
04-22-2011, 10:03 AM
Still haven't seen the documentary.

It's pretty good. Jon Krakauer's book is good as well. Interesting sidenote:

Krakauer went over to Afghanistan to research the area where Pat died as part of the book he was writing on Pat. Krakauer went over there with Tim Hetherington who is a great photographer. They wound up collaborating on a documentary of a squad of soldiers in the Korengal valley. That film was Restrepo.

Tim Hetherington died the other day (with another photographer) while on assignment in Libya. R.I.P. to that dude as well.

Drunk Monkey
04-22-2011, 04:15 PM
It's pretty good. Jon Krakauer's book is good as well. Interesting sidenote:

Krakauer went over to Afghanistan to research the area where Pat died as part of the book he was writing on Pat. Krakauer went over there with Tim Hetherington who is a great photographer. They wound up collaborating on a documentary of a squad of soldiers in the Korengal valley. That film was Restrepo.

Tim Hetherington died the other day (with another photographer) while on assignment in Libya. R.I.P. to that dude as well.

I just saw Restrepo a few days before the director died. Good film, for you netflix people is is avilable online. I had no idea that is where Pat died. RIP.

Requiem
04-22-2011, 04:22 PM
R.I.P, Pat Tillman and all our fallen heroes.