PDA

View Full Version : Awesome article on the best prospect in the draft: Marcell Dareus refuses to be derailed

bronco0608
04-21-2011, 02:24 PM
FAIRFIELD, Ala. -- The good times at Lester "Sarge" Reasor's home started on a recent early Friday afternoon, just as a brief April shower had passed over this sleepy Birmingham suburb. While his godson, former Alabama defensive tackle Marcell Dareus, chatted with friends downstairs, Reasor welcomed more and more guests into his family room. There was the man who helped raise money for Dareus' high school teams. There were mentors and old friends from around the neighborhood. Reasor was enjoying this gathering as much as anybody as he ambled around in an oversized, lime-green polo shirt that hung well past his knees.

When Dareus finally came upstairs, he couldn't help ribbing the diminutive older man. "Sarge," said the 6-foot-3, 319-pound Dareus. "Are you sure you aren't wearing one of my shirts?" When Reasor shrugged and explained that he just threw on the first thing he could find, both men couldn't contain their laughter. They both understood how nice it was to chuckle about such silly moments. There had been too many other times in Dareus' life when sadness and anger had dominated occasions.

For many NFL draft prospects, the weeks leading up to that event generate the kind of anxiety that comes with preparing for a final exam. In Dareus' case, he has embraced every moment of the process, especially when he has been in the company of his support group. "I've been doing things I never thought I would do and talking to people I never thought I would meet," Dareus said. "I've met Hall of Famers. I've met future Hall of Famers. And they all know me. It's been a little overwhelming."

Dareus' excitement stems from one basic fact: He's about to get paid. In a draft filled with top defensive line prospects, Dareus, 21, consistently has been mentioned among the best. His combination of size, power and quickness could make him the first overall pick, and it's unlikely that he'll fall beyond the top five. Talents like him just don't come around that often.

Marcell Dareus refuses to be derailed

Cleveland Browns general manager Tom Heckert described Dareus as "relentless" and "a high, high motor guy who makes a ton of plays for a defensive tackle." An NFC personnel director added that, "Dareus can be a great nose tackle or a great three-technique [defensive tackle in a 4-3 scheme]. He's a big man with great get-off, and he's going to disrupt the pocket a lot. He could be very special."

"The biggest thing that I'll bring to the NFL is my passion," Dareus said. "I want to win. I want to be first. When I started playing the game, I never thought about being a top pick, but I eventually made up my mind to be the best I could be. And I haven't slowed down yet."

continue story: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeffri&id=6388359

Beantown Bronco
04-21-2011, 02:27 PM
Bad link. It only links to one article, yet your title implies there are two:

One about the best prospect in the draft.
The other about Dareus.

Requiem
04-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Where's the Patrick Peterson article?

TheReverend
04-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Came in looking for Peterson news.

Found article on a one year starter with mediocre production.

http://trollcats.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/son_i_am_disappoint_trollcat.jpg

bronco0608
04-21-2011, 02:42 PM
Great quote out of the article:

Dareus' first breakout moment came during his freshman season, in a win over LSU. After starting nose tackle Terrence Cody left the game with an injury, Dareus replaced him and held his own against a strong offensive line. By Dareus' sophomore season, Davis saw so much potential in his blossoming defensive end that he called a friend in the NFL to say Dareus -- who started only four games that season -- was "the kind of talent that comes around once every 20 years."

TheReverend
04-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Great quote out of the article:

Dareus' first breakout moment came during his freshman season, in a win over LSU. After starting nose tackle Terrence Cody left the game with an injury, Dareus replaced him and held his own against a strong offensive line. By Dareus' sophomore season, Davis saw so much potential in his blossoming defensive end that he called a friend in the NFL to say Dareus -- who started only four games that season -- was "the kind of talent that comes around once every 20 years."

That's pretty impressive that he decided to start "the kind of talent that comes around once every 20 years" only 4 times that year.

Almost as impressive as their run defense being worse from 2009-2010 when Dareus took over full time for Cody.

bronco0608
04-21-2011, 02:47 PM
That's pretty impressive that he decided to start "the kind of talent that comes around once every 20 years" only 4 times that year.

Almost as impressive as their run defense being worse from 2009-2010 when Dareus took over full time for Cody.

Ya, and now the fools in the NFL are going to take him within the top three picks.

Ain't that a bitch? Only therev can spot talent; everyone else has no clue. Especially those darn scouts and GMs, what do they know. Pfft

TheReverend
04-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Ya, and now the fools in the NFL are going to take him within the top three picks.

Ain't that a b****? Only therev can spot talent; everyone else has no clue. Especially those darn scouts and GMs, what do they know. Pfft

You going to link the Peterson article or what?

bronco0608
04-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Came in looking for Peterson news.

Found article on a one year starter with mediocre production.

Production? Peterson averaged 2.3 interceptions per year while he was at LSU. You call that production. Greatest CB ever couldn't do more than that?

MEDIOCRE!

Requiem
04-21-2011, 02:51 PM
I understand Rev loving Peterson, but his hate for Dareus really doesn't make sense.

Requiem
04-21-2011, 02:52 PM
Production? Peterson averaged 2.3 interceptions per year while he was at LSU. You call that production. Greatest CB ever couldn't do more than that?

MEDIOCRE!

Unfortunately you don't know how to adequately guage production for yourself.

Which is why you have foot-in-mouth disease, and just rant what Mayock says consistently.

Ever watch the games? Think for yourself?

You've talked about Peterson and other players being on your board. Can we see your board, please?

TheReverend
04-21-2011, 02:53 PM
I understand Rev loving Peterson, but his hate for Dareus really doesn't make sense.

I don't hate Dareus at all. I have concerns about him, but I'll be thrilled if we draft him. Not AS thrilled as Peterson or a trade down.

Requiem
04-21-2011, 02:54 PM
I don't hate Dareus at all. I have concerns about him, but I'll be thrilled if we draft him. Not AS thrilled as Peterson or a trade down.

I'm in the same boat. I really just can't wait. ONE MORE WEEK.

Beantown Bronco
04-21-2011, 02:55 PM

Ain't that a b****? Only therev can spot talent; everyone else has no clue. Especially those darn scouts and GMs, what do they know. Pfft

It was a legit question. How do you start "the best talent in 20 years" in only four games?

TheReverend
04-21-2011, 03:00 PM
My comprehensive thoughts on Marcell Dareus:

Great PROSPECT:
Fantastic blend of size, speed and strength.
Great measurables.
Very explosive player.
Schematically diverse and ideal skill set.

On field concerns:
Declared as a junior with one year of starting experience at a slowly developing position
Lack of production (semi excused for playing a 3-4)
Only played a 3-4
Was suspended for first 2 games last year. Team didn't bother to appeal ruling.
Defense performed worse with him in the starting line up.

I think that's a pretty fair and legitimate break down.

bronco0608
It was a legit question. How do you start "the best talent in 20 years" in only four games?

And why is he considered the best prospect in the draft?

He must be an illusionist. He has EVERYBODY fooled. How did he do it?

Tell me Beantown, how did Marcell do it?

razorwire77

MEDIOCRE!

Maybe it has something to do with most teams having a game plan that included avoiding Peterson like herpes.

TheReverend
04-21-2011, 03:02 PM

...because he's not?

Only one public "expert" has him at the top his board.

Beantown Bronco
04-21-2011, 03:09 PM

He must be an illusionist. He has EVERYBODY fooled. How did he do it?

Tell me Beantown, how did Marcell do it?

As Rev said, he is NOT the consensus best prospect in the draft. His rise up some boards does seem to be less related to what he himself actually did in college and related more to people tearing down the folks around him. I'm always suspicious of that kind of draft board movement.

We answered your question. Now answer ours please.

bronco0608
04-21-2011, 03:12 PM
Maybe it has something to do with most teams having a game plan that included avoiding Peterson like herpes.

And teams didn't game plan for and double/triple team Marcell? Get outta here.

bronco0608
04-21-2011, 03:13 PM
...because he's not?

Only one public "expert" has him at the top his board.

I'll give you this quote again. Its from the defensive line coach at Texas. If he doesn't know defensive line talent, who does then?

Davis saw so much potential in his blossoming defensive end that he called a friend in the NFL to say Dareus -- who started only four games that season -- was "the kind of talent that comes around once every 20 years."

Best prospect in the draft. How awesome is that?

TheReverend
04-21-2011, 03:14 PM

ROFL!ROFL!ROFL!ROFL!ROFL!

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

TheReverend
04-21-2011, 03:14 PM
I'll give you this quote again. Its from the defensive line coach at Texas. If he doesn't know defensive line talent, who does then?

Davis saw so much potential in his blossoming defensive end that he called a friend in the NFL to say Dareus -- who started only four games that season -- was "the kind of talent that comes around once every 20 years."

Very logical sentence bro.

jhns
04-21-2011, 03:21 PM

You can find someone that says that about a lot of guys. In this case, it is a very dumb response. He isn't half the prospect as a guy that came out just last season. I wish we would have had this pick a year earlier.

bronco0608
04-21-2011, 03:24 PM
You can find someone that says that about a lot of guys. In this case, it is a very dumb response. He isn't half the prospect as a guy that came out just last season. I wish we would have had this pick a year earlier.

Half the prospect? Half?

Marcell is five times the player Suh was during his first three years at Nebraska. Suh sucked until recently. Seriously, look up his time at Nebraska and tell me what he did in his third year there. He must have taken the clear his last two seasons. Unnatural spike in production.

Yea, i said it.

bronco0608
04-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Very logical sentence bro.

What's sadder is that Marcell had more production than Peterson did and he even came of the bench!

And didn't Marcell's team win a National Championship? Who was the MVP of the game? Oh, that's right, Mr. Marcell. The only thing Peterson's team won was a bowl game named after a chicken.

Point: Marcell

jhns
04-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Half the prospect? Half?

Marcell is five times the player Suh was during his first three years at Nebraska. Suh sucked until recently. Seriously, look up his time at Nebraska and tell me what he did in his third year there. He must have taken the clear his last two seasons. Unnatural spike in production.

Yea, i said it.

I watched Suh live for a good portion of the games he played. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about...

razorwire77
WTF does that have to do with Peterson getting INT's. You made the statement that he "only had a couple of picks" and I pointed out that was because teams largely "Champed him" or avoided throwing to his side of the field. What's bizarre is this false equivalency that you keep making that if you like Peterson you must hate Dareus.

I'd be happy if we drafted either guy.

Requiem
bronco0608, the resident retard.

I would bet my whole savings he has watched less than 5 full games of Marcell Dareus.

I bet he didn't even watch more then 10-15 college football games this year.

GTFO.

listopencil
04-21-2011, 03:31 PM

It's possible that the coach was honestly evaluating the kid's talent but Dareus just hadn't put it all together mentally to be a starter yet. That's the only way that the comment makes sense to me.

TheReverend
04-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Half the prospect? Half?

Yea, i said it.

ROFL!

What's sadder is that Marcell had more production than Peterson did and he even came of the bench!

And didn't Marcell's team win a National Championship? Who was the MVP of the game? Oh, that's right, Mr. Marcell. The only thing Peterson's team won was a bowl game named after a chicken.

Clearly.

Peterson's awards and recognition:

* 2010 First-Team Walter Camp All-American
* 2010 Thorpe Award Winner
* 2010 Bednarik Award Winner
* 2010 SEC Defensive Player of the Year
* 2010 Preseason All-American (TSN, Playboy, Athlon, Lindy's, Phil Steele)
* 2009 Second-Team All-America (TSN)
* 2009 First-Team All-SEC (ESPN)
* 2009 Second-Team All-SEC (AP, Coaches)
* 2007 High School Defensive Player of the Year (USA Today)

Dareus' awards and recognition:

bronco0608
04-21-2011, 03:32 PM
I watched Suh live for a good portion of the games he played. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about...

Suh had 32 tackles and four sacks his first three years COMBINED at Nebraska.

Say it aint so!

Shoemaker
04-21-2011, 03:33 PM

Are you Marcell Dareus' dad?

Did Patrick Peterson steal your girlfriend?

Because hoo boy, do you seem to have quite the agenda here.

Requiem
04-21-2011, 03:35 PM
His only agenda is being an ill-informed loser, who states he has a draft board, but doesn't.

bronco0608
04-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Dareus' awards and recognition: And with the 2nd overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select Marcell Dareus, Defensive Tackle Alabama.

Talk about recognition! He can place that jersey next to his MVP trophy from the National Championship game.

And then, much, much later on in the draft when Patrick Peterson gets picked, he can place his jersey next to his chicken bowl participant placard.

Shananahan
04-21-2011, 03:40 PM
Hey bronco0608: if Dareus is selected by Carolina, who would you want the Broncos to draft at #2?

Requiem
04-21-2011, 03:40 PM
Can we see your draft board yet?

jhns
04-21-2011, 03:41 PM

Say it aint so!

Again, makong yourself look like a fool. Lets say I am playing along with this anyway. Why exactly are you taking away time from Suh and how does that change the fact that he was a much better prospect coming out?

Anyways, here is an education on Suhs first couple years. Bill Callahan.

bronco0608
04-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Hey bronco0608: if Dareus is selected by Carolina, who would you want the Broncos to draft at #2?

I would go Fairley.

^5

bronco0608
04-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Again, makong yourself look like a fool. Lets say I am playing along with this anyway. Why exactly are you taking away time from Suh and how does that change the fact that he was a much better prospect coming out?

Anyways, here is an education on Suhs first couple years. Bill Callahan.

Oh, so the coach made him not tackle or sack anyone? Ha!

jhns
04-21-2011, 03:47 PM
Oh, so the coach made him not tackle or sack anyone? Ha!

Yes.

Now answer my question from that post.

So, would you be willing to bet something if I said Dareus won't have half of Suhs rookie stats this season(obviously only if there is a full season)?

Requiem
04-21-2011, 03:50 PM
He would select Nick Fairley, the #54 ranked player by Corey Chavous!

Requiem
04-21-2011, 03:51 PM
Which games of Dareus did you see this year?

Hercules Rockefeller
04-21-2011, 03:54 PM

Say it aint so!

Can you explain why Suh played for 5 years at Nebraska, and how that's possible?

I'm also still waiting to hear what you can tell me about the Jimmy Smith-AJ Green matchup from just looking at the box score? I asked that months ago and you never answered it.

TheReverend
04-21-2011, 03:57 PM

Say it aint so!

................I know you're stupid, but you can't read also?

Suh had 34 tackles in his 3rd year alone (matching Dareus' best collegiate season). 54 in his first three years combined.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=175300

baja
04-21-2011, 03:58 PM

Why would they want to avoid Peterson?

bronco0608
04-21-2011, 04:00 PM
bronco0608, the resident retard.

I would bet my whole savings he has watched less than 5 full games of Marcell Dareus.

I bet he didn't even watch more then 10-15 college football games this year.

GTFO.

Man, you gonna need that 20 bucks sooner or later.

bronco0608
04-21-2011, 04:02 PM
................I know you're stupid, but you can't read also?

Suh had 34 tackles in his 3rd year alone (matching Dareus' best collegiate season). 54 in his first three years combined.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=175300

Yep, 32 solo tackles. And how many sacks did Suh have? But let me guess, you had him as the number one player in the country back in 2006.

CEH
04-21-2011, 04:03 PM

Marcus Dupree now that was "once in 20 years best talent". Comes in as a freshman and is the best player on the team. Dominated from jump street

bronco0608
04-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Can you explain why Suh played for 5 years at Nebraska, and how that's possible?

I'm also still waiting to hear what you can tell me about the Jimmy Smith-AJ Green matchup from just looking at the box score? I asked that months ago and you never answered it.

If you are talking about the Patrick Peterson AJ Green matchup, let me give you a rundown:

1) AJ Green 5 catches, 99 yards

2) Peterson got burned for a 32 and a 47 yard pass in that game.

Anymore questions? In the biggest matchup of his life, Peterson wet the bed.

Terrible.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-21-2011, 04:06 PM
If you are talking about the Patrick Peterson AJ Green matchup, let me give you a rundown:

1) AJ Green 5 catches, 99 yards

2) Peterson got burned for a 32 and a 47 yard pass in that game.

Anymore questions? In the biggest matchup of his life, Peterson wet the bed.

Terrible.

Oh no, the question was Jimmy Smith-AJ Green, because you were using box scores as the basis for your opinion when I asked. I want another example about what you can glean from a box score about a corner's abilities.

And please explain how Suh was able to play for 5 years at Nebraska.

bronco0608
04-21-2011, 04:08 PM
Oh no, the question was Jimmy Smith-AJ Green, because you were using box scores as the basis for your opinion when I asked. I want another example about what you can glean from a box score about a corner's abilities.

And please explain how Suh was able to play for 5 years at Nebraska.

Why in the **** are you asking me about Jimmy Smith vs AJ Green?

Hercules Rockefeller
04-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Why in the **** are you asking me about Jimmy Smith vs AJ Green?

Becuase you were judging corners based on box scores when I asked you over a month ago. It's not that ****ing hard, and you're dodging now. Tell me about Jimmy Smith's abilities vs the top WR in the draft.

And for the 3rd time, explain Suh's 5 years of eligibility.

bronco0608
04-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Becuase you were judging corners based on box scores when I asked you over a month ago. It's not that ****ing hard, and you're dodging now. Tell me about Jimmy Smith's abilities vs the top WR in the draft.

And for the 3rd time, explain Suh's 5 years of eligibility.

I watched the LSU-Georgia game. Goodness. Did you?

Chris
04-21-2011, 04:13 PM
This thread reminds me of this song

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r8hjtFq3vE0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hercules Rockefeller
04-21-2011, 04:15 PM

Still waiting for you to answer 2 simple questions instead of trying to change the subject.

I'm not talking about Peterson, so you can try all you want to talk about him, I don't care.

TheReverend
04-21-2011, 04:40 PM
Yep, 32 solo tackles. And how many sacks did Suh have? But let me guess, you had him as the number one player in the country back in 2006.

...and Dareus' best season saw only 20 solo tackles. Same as Suh's third season.

Honestly have you LOOKED into any of this stuff before you type it and sound increasingly dumb?

DrFate
04-21-2011, 04:43 PM
I liked the article

:)

TheReverend
04-21-2011, 04:45 PM

You clearly didn't. Remember this exchange:

Ok, how about Peterson? Where is the production outside kick-returns? Greatest cornerback ever had a grand total of seven interceptions in his career. And don't tell me people didn't go at him, because they did. AJ Green, in the matchup of Peterson's life, dropped a hundred yards on him. In fact, he gave up 47 yard bomb to setup Georgia's game winning toucdown in that game.

http://www.bertstare.com/bertstare.jpg

Ummmmmmm... I think you have Peterson confused with a different corner?

The last time LSU played Georgia was in 2009 and LSU kinda won, bro.

Abqbronco
04-21-2011, 04:46 PM
Dareus' awards and recognition: And with the 2nd overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select Marcell Dareus, Defensive Tackle Alabama.

Talk about recognition! He can place that jersey next to his MVP trophy from the National Championship game.

And then, much, much later on in the draft when Patrick Peterson gets picked, he can place his jersey next to his chicken bowl participant placard.

There have been some really stupid points made on the OM in the past (and I mean STOOOPID) but this one takes the cake.

Shananahan
04-21-2011, 05:06 PM
He made a point in that post?

TheReverend
04-21-2011, 05:08 PM
He made a point in any post?

Fixed your post for you, bro.

bronco0608
04-21-2011, 06:10 PM
You clearly didn't. Remember this exchange:

Ideally, Corey Liguit - a top 15 pick - will be there with the 36th pick, right? I remember some fool telling everyone that.:rofl:

Hercules Rockefeller
04-21-2011, 06:23 PM
Still waiting dude.

Man up and answer the questions.

TheReverend
04-21-2011, 06:34 PM
Ideally, Corey Liguit - a top 15 pick - will be there with the 36th pick, right? I remember some fool telling everyone that.:rofl:

It's possible. After all Alaulu went 11 out of nowhere, but you calling him a "top 15 pick" is pretty ridiculous. Show me anyone who feels Corey Liuget (that's how you spell his name, btw) is a top 15 pick?

...................thought not.

Btw, I listed my reasons as to why I think he could be available at 36 very clearly. If you disagree with them, try argue the points I made. All you continue to do is make yourself look like a buffoon.

I'll repeat those potential reasons as to why Liuget could be available at 36 again here considering you clearly have comprehension issues:

"The teams picking towards that bottom have solid interior DLs and there are going to be some excellent prospects available, especially at premium spots like DE and OT, and some good CB fits like Jimmy Smith."

TheReverend
04-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Still waiting dude.

Man up and answer the questions.

He can't. He just tries to deflect by making claims of things that never even happened...

mkporter
04-21-2011, 06:40 PM
I think it's awesome that we are so conditioned to being massively divided over issues the past few years (McD/Cutler/Hills Etc), that we can create this level of war about having to pick between two players who are both really impressive, and would immediately improve our team. Reading arguments for Dareus and Peterson being massively defective is hilarious. Keep up the good work.

That said, I'm totally on team Dareus, Peterson couldn't cover my Grandmother. 'Course she's 6 foot 2, 185 pounds, and runs a 4.5 40. ;D

DarkHorse
04-21-2011, 06:43 PM

This is exactly how I feel about it right now.

Will be stoked if we pick between #2 - #10 and get Peterson, Dareus, Miller. Anything short of those 3 players and my birthday will be ruined.

TheReverend
04-21-2011, 06:45 PM
I think it's awesome that we are so conditioned to being massively divided over issues the past few years (McD/Cutler/Hills Etc), that we can create this level of war about having to pick between two players who are both really impressive, and would immediately improve our team. Reading arguments for Dareus and Peterson being massively defective is hilarious. Keep up the good work.

That said, I'm totally on team Dareus, Peterson couldn't cover my Grandmother. 'Course she's 6 foot 2, 185 pounds, and runs a 4.5 40. ;D

...........I'm not sure you've actually been reading the threads.

bronco0608
04-21-2011, 06:46 PM
It's possible. After all Alaulu went 11 out of nowhere, but you calling him a "top 15 pick" is pretty ridiculous. Show me anyone who feels Corey Liuget (that's how you spell his name, btw) is a top 15 pick?

...................thought not.

Btw, I listed my reasons as to why I think he could be available at 36 very clearly. If you disagree with them, try argue the points I made. All you continue to do is make yourself look like a buffoon.

I'll repeat those potential reasons as to why Liuget could be available at 36 again here considering you clearly have comprehension issues:

"The teams picking towards that bottom have solid interior DLs and there are going to be some excellent prospects available, especially at premium spots like DE and OT, and some good CB fits like Jimmy Smith."

Ok stupid, I'll do an avatar bet with you. If Corey Liguet goes in the 2nd round, you can pick my avatar for six months. If he goes in the 1st round, I'll pick yours for a month.

Even your dumb ass wouldn't even take that bet. You know why? Because you know he is not going in the 2nd round, much less six picks into it.

But you could be dumber than I think. Go ahead, take the bet. Or, backtrack and tell me to read your crappy analysis about why you will be eventually wrong.

Chris
04-21-2011, 06:49 PM
http://blog.bekahbrunstetter.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/qualcomm.jpg

BroncoBuff
04-21-2011, 06:51 PM
"The biggest thing that I'll bring to the NFL is my passion," Dareus said. "I want to win. I want to be first. When I started playing the game, I never thought about being a top pick, but I eventually made up my mind to be the best I could be. And I haven't slowed down yet."

Perfect, that's perfect.

He's the anti-Jamarcus

TheReverend
04-21-2011, 06:55 PM
Ok stupid, I'll do an avatar bet with you. If Corey Liguet goes in the 2nd round, you can pick my avatar for six months. If he goes in the 1st round, I'll pick yours for a month.

Even your dumb ass wouldn't even take that bet. You know why? Because you know he is not going in the 2nd round, much less six picks into it.

But you could be dumber than I think. Go ahead, take the bet. Or, backtrack and tell me to read your crappy analysis about why you will be eventually wrong.

:rofl:

How is that being wrong? He could go at 28-29 or he could be available at 36. That's a difference of 8 picks. Calling it that closely at the start of March is pretty damn impressive.

bronco0608
04-21-2011, 06:59 PM
:rofl:

How is that being wrong? He could go at 28-29 or he could be available at 36. That's a difference of 8 picks. Calling it that closely at the start of March is pretty damn impressive.

So lets bet. Put your crappy take on the line. Backup the crap you are writing. Or, backtrack.

rmsanger
04-21-2011, 07:00 PM
Don't really care anymore who we draft... I just want the first rounder to pan out... I'm just tired of a decade long of complete fails at drafting... Just one year's solid draft for players that we keep past the first contract would be nice.

So much for all of the "Bey Bey" love last year, the guy had 0 impact for us.

DarkHorse
04-21-2011, 07:15 PM
So Aj Green torched Peterson even tho the 2 teams did not meet? Am I reading that correctly?

If that's the case - why aren't we going after a WR that can beat teams without even playing against them? That sounds like one bad mofo.

TheReverend
04-21-2011, 07:24 PM
So lets bet. Put your crappy take on the line. Backup the crap you are writing. Or, backtrack.

I like how you've deflected from Dareus to this as you've been mocked again for several pages in a thread you've started.

And quite frankly, I just don't care if I'm "right" or "wrong" in comparison to what 1 of 32 NFL GMs might think, and think "avatar bets" are pretty gay.

Sorry, that's not backtracking by definition: I still think he has a good shot of being available at 36 and you're more that welcome to hold me to thatth, but if we can move down #2 and grab extra picks, would love to move up to NE's slot to ensure we get him.

Shananahan
04-21-2011, 07:41 PM
He's too afraid to wager his avatar? That means he knows he's wrong!

BroncoBuff
04-21-2011, 07:52 PM
if we can move down #2 and grab extra picks, would love to move up to NE's slot to ensure we get him.

That'd be perfect imo. I Googled a few times, but this is the only scenario I found with us trading down:

Denver: #22 and #152 to DEN for #36 and #67 OR #22 and #87 to DEN for #36 and #46

Denver needs to add defensive talent badly, especially on the DL as they convert to a 4-3 defense. Luckily for them this draft has quite a bit of it. Even a deep class has drop offs though, if a front 7 prospect they are high on starts to slide, especially if they went value over need with the #2 pick and took Patrick Peterson, they could look to go get them before the board is picked clean by the numerous late 1st round teams in need of DL help. With the defense in such a wretched state they probably won't want to reduce their number of picks, but they have some extra early rounders that would let them provide the value through pick swaps, rather than giving up picks outright.

TheReverend
04-21-2011, 08:00 PM
He's too afraid to wager his avatar? That means he knows he's wrong!

Yup! Wouldn't it be embarrassing for me if on March 3rd I predicted where a player would be selected within a few slots at the end of April?!

Oh man, I don't think I could show my face on here again!

Play2win
04-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Beggars can't be choosers. We need to stop the run, and need serious DLine help-- especially interior DLine help.

You got to feed the gut before you get the 6-pack.

Draft Dareus, and give this Denver D some subsistence.

Shananahan
04-21-2011, 08:29 PM
I'm to the point where I don't really care who Denver drafts as long as it's somebody we can all argue about in threads like this until the season starts.

oubronco
04-21-2011, 08:38 PM
This is one funny ass thread

mkporter
04-22-2011, 10:02 AM
...........I'm not sure you've actually been reading the threads.

I've been reading this thread, and it is awesome.

BroncoInferno
04-22-2011, 10:08 AM

I think the clear difference is that you lied and said you saw a game that was never played.

Beantown Bronco
04-22-2011, 10:26 AM

Not to get too far in the middle of this love-fest, but I do like how you changed the dynamics of the bet significantly in your favor here. First you said that Liuget was a top 15 pick, yet you'll win the bet if he merely goes in the first round? That's convenient. Who's the one back-tracking now?

If you really wanted to bet, you would've stuck to your guns and said he had to go in the top 15 for you to win (or at least split the difference with Rev's 36). But you didn't. Telling.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Still waiting. Just want that explanation 0608 about how Suh had 5 years of stats and to tell me about the Jimmy Smith/AJ Green matchup last fall.

I think you know the answer about Suh, you're just being intellectually dishonest and refusing to answer because it cuts against the point you were trying to make.

jhns
04-22-2011, 10:33 AM
I just can't wait to see Dareus on this team. Five times better than suh would mean he is the greatest player to ever put pads on.

TheReverend
04-22-2011, 10:39 AM
I just can't wait to see Dareus on this team. Five times better than suh would mean he is the greatest player to ever put pads on.

He's actually being added to this years NFL HoF class as we speak.

bronco0608
04-22-2011, 10:56 AM
Not to get too far in the middle of this love-fest, but I do like how you changed the dynamics of the bet significantly in your favor here. First you said that Liuget was a top 15 pick, yet you'll win the bet if he merely goes in the first round? That's convenient. Who's the one back-tracking now?

If you really wanted to bet, you would've stuck to your guns and said he had to go in the top 15 for you to win (or at least split the difference with Rev's 36). But you didn't. Telling.

Ok, how about this: I bet that Corey Liguet gets picked closer to 15 than he will at 36. Satisfied? But then again, Rev won't do it because he know he will lose. Its that simple.

HAT
04-22-2011, 11:02 AM
Ok, how about this: I bet that Corey Liguet gets picked closer to 15 than he will at 36. Satisfied? But then again, Rev won't do it because he know he will lose. Its that simple.

Still back tracking.....You said Liuget was a LOCK to go top 15. And learn how to spell the kid's name you douche.

TheReverend
04-22-2011, 11:02 AM

Or because I don't care? I've said there's a good chance he's available at 36 and still feel that way. I'm not backtracking at all.

What you're doing: Completely deflecting every "point" you've tried to make in yet ANOTHER thread and being beaten up by every poster in here for multiple pages, is adorable though.

Excitedly looking forward to your next thread.

Shananahan
04-22-2011, 12:24 PM
He's actually being added to this years NFL HoF class as we speak.
You'd have to go back and edit that post you made about his awards.

BroncoBuff
04-22-2011, 01:55 PM

My preference is: Get a Brandon Mebane-type 2nd round DT as compenstion to drop a few slots, and then Von Miller. Like Dareus, he's a huge character + talent combo.

I just long to see Von and Elvis lining up on the QBs blind side ... anybody remember Mecklenburg and Rulon Jones together?

Requiem
04-22-2011, 03:04 PM
Man, you gonna need that 20 bucks sooner or later.

And you're going to need a new rectum after the ass beating you took in this thread.

You're a liar and a fraud.

You don't have a draft board and you know nothing about college prospects.

Though I believe Corey is closer to top 15 than he is 36.