PDA

View Full Version : OK Tebow question time.

Quoydogs
04-21-2011, 11:33 AM
Tebow

Draft is in a week,

Do we use him as trade bate

I personally think it would be a mistake but from what I have heard Elway is just not sold on the guy. I understand that he has never come out and said it directly but you get the hint.

Beantown Bronco
04-21-2011, 11:36 AM
Tebow

Draft is in a week,

I personally think it would be a mistake but from what I have heard Elway is just not sold on the guy. I understand that he has never come out and said it directly but you get the hint.

Once again, teams can't use current players as trade bait until a new CBA is signed.

razorwire77
04-21-2011, 11:57 AM
No. I want to see what he can do in 2012. The last few games he started were the only highlights in the worst season of Bronco football in my lifetime, other than what Lloyd did. Believe me, if his release point, arm strength, and mechanics are huge issues, we'll find out next year. If they are, we'll be drafting in the top 5 next year again and it will be a moot point. I seriously doubt they will though. I think Tebow is going to have a breakout year and by the end of the season, he will be the least of our problems.

Draft defensive front 7 players.
Draft or acquire a receiving TE
Draft or acquire another back to compliment Moreno and let's see what Timmy can do.

DrFate
04-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Once again, teams can't use current players as trade bait until a new CBA is signed.

For some reason not everyone is listening...

Hercules Rockefeller
04-21-2011, 12:00 PM
For some reason not everyone is listening...

It should be in a thread stickied to the top along with one that says Denver is not guaranteed picking 2nd again (like some people continue to repeat) if there's not a season next year.

A week out, I think people have finally realized there will be a draft even with the lockout. That was another one that had to be repeated hundreds of times before it finally stuck.

Smiling Assassin27
04-21-2011, 12:00 PM

How about Kyle Orton, then? :afro:

TailgateNut
04-21-2011, 12:10 PM
Tebow

Draft is in a week,

Send him and his entourage of merry men packing!

TheReverend
04-21-2011, 12:15 PM
Oh Jesus Christ.

TailgateNut
04-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Who?

BroncoMan4ever
04-21-2011, 12:35 PM
with Elway's talk of wanting to bring back the fanbase, it would be a bad move on the organization's part to ship out a guy that so many have latched onto as a potential savior of the franchise. 28 years ago it was Elway that the fans latched onto, now it's Tebow.

can you imagine almost 30 years ago if Elway were dangled as trade bait? it would have gone over about as well as dangling Tebow would. in factg considering tech like the internet and that twitter bull****, it would probably seem worse in scope if Tebow were used as bait.

however this is a moot point as players can't be moved until a CBA is figured out

BroncoMan4ever
04-21-2011, 12:56 PM
No. I want to see what he can do in 2012. The last few games he started were the only highlights in the worst season of Bronco football in my lifetime, other than what Lloyd did. Believe me, if his release point, arm strength, and mechanics are huge issues, we'll find out next year. If they are, we'll be drafting in the top 5 next year again and it will be a moot point. I seriously doubt they will though. I think Tebow is going to have a breakout year and by the end of the season, he will be the least of our problems.

Draft defensive front 7 players.
Draft or acquire a receiving TE
Draft or acquire another back to compliment Moreno and let's see what Timmy can do.

give me a 1st 2 rounds of Dareus, Marvin Austin and either Martez Wilson or Quan Studivarnt, a middle round pick of TE Virgil Green and a late round pick of RB Alex Green and i will be beyond ecstatic

Quoydogs
04-21-2011, 12:57 PM
with Elway's talk of wanting to bring back the fanbase, it would be a bad move on the organization's part to ship out a guy that so many have latched onto as a potential savior of the franchise. 28 years ago it was Elway that the fans latched onto, now it's Tebow.

can you imagine almost 30 years ago if Elway were dangled as trade bait? it would have gone over about as well as dangling Tebow would. in factg considering tech like the internet and that twitter bull****, it would probably seem worse in scope if Tebow were used as bait.

however this is a moot point as players can't be moved until a CBA is figured out
Well this should make the draft most interesting then. Almost would say not to have the draft until the money BS is figured out.

bowtown
04-21-2011, 01:03 PM
I'd like to see us trade some guys and get some more picks in the draft. I don't care what guys or what picks. I'll probably be furious on draft day if we don't.

DomCasual
04-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Oh Jesus Christ.

No, but I can see what you're doing there.

Quoydogs
04-21-2011, 01:06 PM
I'd like to see us trade some guys and get some more picks in the draft. I don't care what guys or what picks. I'll probably be furious on draft day if we don't.

Sounds like it's not a matter of won't but can't

Beantown Bronco
04-21-2011, 01:10 PM

LOL

jhns
04-21-2011, 01:12 PM
I wish they would get the cba figured out. I fear we are going to be stuck watching another season of Orton if it isn't done real soon.

Shananahan
04-21-2011, 01:28 PM
Well this should make the draft most interesting then. Almost would say not to have the draft until the money BS is figured out.
Thread/av.

Is English your native language?

boppool
04-21-2011, 01:37 PM
:facepalm:

Taco John
04-21-2011, 01:38 PM
It would be incredibly stupid for the front office to reinvest in a QB at this point. I don't believe that the front office would do it. It makes much more sense to shore up positions of real need, and re-evaluate the QB position next season after we have a much clearer idea of what we do and don't have there.

TailgateNut
04-21-2011, 01:50 PM
It would be incredibly stupid for the front office to reinvest in a QB at this point. I don't believe that the front office would do it. It makes much more sense to shore up positions of real need, and re-evaluate the QB position next season after we have a much clearer idea of what we do and don't have there.

Well, this is a much more sensible position than the typical "we have Tebow, we are set for life" attitude of the Tebowners.

Pony Boy
04-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Tebow

Draft is in a week,

Elway's not the head coach and Fox would not have signed on here if he didn't have control of the QB situation. If Fox isn't sold on Tebow then we will see Orton for another year and Tebow will be traded or released if he has no value.

razorwire77
04-21-2011, 02:32 PM

It's hard to believe that some people don't want to give the kid a chance (and I hated the Tebow pick). Especially, given what he did at the end of the season. Even if he does have some issues passing effectively and consistently in the NFL, his legs are a weapon. I mean the kid did more on a broken play draw against Oakland than anything any of our running backs did all year.

TheReverend
04-21-2011, 02:34 PM
Well, this is a much more sensible position than the typical "we have Tebow, we are set for life" attitude of the Tebowners.

Link one person saying that?

RhymesayersDU
04-21-2011, 02:38 PM
Link one person saying that?

In TGN's world, anybody who doesn't hate Tebow immediately loves him and believes he's the answer.

In the real world, most people want to give the guy a shot over Orton but are unsure what he can do at this level.

bronco militia
04-21-2011, 02:38 PM

who is that?

cmhargrove
04-21-2011, 03:49 PM

If you are having a problem with your Tebowner, you can talk about it, we're all friends here... They also make pills that can help you. You'll be ok.

TailgateNut
04-21-2011, 05:20 PM
In TGN's world, anybody who doesn't hate Tebow immediately loves him and believes he's the answer.

In the real world, most people want to give the guy a shot over Orton but are unsure what he can do at this level.

You have no clue as to what I think. I base my comments on the past comments and views of others.

...and, regarding your "real world" comment: many of the Tebownites who make me want to vomit don't share your assesment of their opinion. If that's were the case, then most would agree with my opinion that he should win the right to start and also earn the respect. Sure, he was "tops" in college, but how many others have also been "the next best thing since sliced bread" only to turn out to be a rubber biscuit.

RhymesayersDU
04-21-2011, 05:32 PM
You have no clue as to what I think. I base my comments on the past comments and views of others.

...and, regarding your "real world" comment: many of the Tebownites who make me want to vomit don't share your assesment of their opinion. If that's were the case, then most would agree with my opinion that he should win the right to start and also earn the respect. Sure, he was "tops" in college, but how many others have also been "the next best thing since sliced bread" only to turn out to be a rubber biscuit.

Fair enough, I guess. I think our opinion only differs in that I don't think he should win anything. I think he should be given starter and if he sucks, we should make a play for Andrew Luck.

Drek
04-21-2011, 05:41 PM

I'd argue that Tebow already won the job last year when given a chance to start with a temp HC, an OC who had basically zero input on the scheme he was not asked to run, no significant experience with any of the starters, or significant time in the pre-season to learn this system.

You know, that time he showed up and an injured Broncos roster full of guys who quit weeks before suddenly had some fire and played competitive football for the last three games of the season.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-21-2011, 05:45 PM
I'd argue that Tebow already won the job last year when given a chance to start with a temp HC, an OC who had basically zero input on the scheme he was not asked to run, no significant experience with any of the starters, or significant time in the pre-season to learn this system.

You know, that time he showed up and an injured Broncos roster full of guys who quit weeks before suddenly had some fire and played competitive football for the last three games of the season.

Yeah but Tebow worships the Jesus and is a pro-life Republican. Some people really take offense to that.

TailgateNut
04-21-2011, 05:46 PM

That was all Tebow? WOW!!

Drek
04-21-2011, 05:58 PM
That was all Tebow? WOW!!

Tebow was the only change to take place in the last several games that you can even argue is a positive, and instead of getting blown out by a team picking in the top 5 with us we were competitive with three ~.500 teams including a win.

So why do you think the Broncos suddenly played with much more desire to win in the last three games, other than the young QB who threw for over 650 yards, ran for over 220 yards, and scored 7 total touchdowns in those three games?

TailgateNut
04-21-2011, 05:59 PM
Yeah but Tebow worships the Jesus and is a pro-life Republican. Some people really take offense to that.

Thanks for giving me another reason to dislike him.

BTW, I have good friends and some family who are religious with whom I have no issues nor quarrels. So you may want to not assume so much.

It's those that flaunt, who bother others. Those who attempt to make others jump on board their fairy tale train.
Everyone has a right to their crazy ass thoughts, just keep them to yourself, especially if you use your fairy tales to influence policy and gain financially by avoiding taxes through BS exempt status.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-21-2011, 06:02 PM
Thanks for giving me another reason to dislike him.

BTW, I have good friends and some family who are religious with whom I have no issues nor quarrels. So you may want to not assume so much.

It's those that flaunt, who bother others. Those who attempt to make others jump on board their fairy tale train.
Everyone has a right to their crazy ass thoughts, just keep them to yourself, especially if you use your fairy tales to influence policy and gain financially by avoiding taxes through BS exempt status.

I laughed at "another reason."

TailgateNut
04-21-2011, 06:09 PM
I laughed at "another reason."

I laugh at humans who drool!

OBF1
04-21-2011, 06:25 PM
Girl scout peanut butter cookies... Yumm

TDmvp
04-21-2011, 06:43 PM
This thread blows for so many reasons from the original topic being about something that can't happen with no CBA and then the train wreck it became after that...

So it gets 2 thread sucks pics... the only thing worse is the rare rating of 3 thread sucks pics usually reserver for threads started by MVPlayer ...

http://www.fohguild.org/forums/attachments/screenshots/151178d1284802048-animated-gif-thread-thread_sucks_chick_suck.gif
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads13/thread_sucks1215562417.jpg

Quoydogs
04-21-2011, 06:55 PM
Tebow was the only change to take place in the last several games that you can even argue is a positive, and instead of getting blown out by a team picking in the top 5 with us we were competitive with three ~.500 teams including a win.

So why do you think the Broncos suddenly played with much more desire to win in the last three games, other than the young QB who threw for over 650 yards, ran for over 220 yards, and scored 7 total touchdowns in those three games?

You forgot the part where they handcuffed him for over half the game while doing that.

Quoydogs
04-21-2011, 06:57 PM
This thread blows for so many reasons from the original topic being about something that can't happen with no CBA and then the train wreck it became after that...

So it gets 2 thread sucks pics... the only thing worse is the rare rating of 3 thread sucks pics usually reserver for threads started by MVPlayer ...

http://www.fohguild.org/forums/attachments/screenshots/151178d1284802048-animated-gif-thread-thread_sucks_chick_suck.gif
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads13/thread_sucks1215562417.jpg
Sorry dude,, I had no idea. Feel free to ship me a rope and I will promptly use it to hang myself so this does not happen again.

Aftermath
04-21-2011, 07:02 PM
i have a huge tebowner

zdoor
04-21-2011, 07:29 PM

This...

TDmvp
04-21-2011, 07:30 PM
Sorry dude,, I had no idea. Feel free to ship me a rope and I will promptly use it to hang myself so this does not happen again.

You is ok Quoy, missing a fact now and then happens to us all , but the train wreck with the pro/anti Tebow crowds is as bad as the pro Josh anti Josh stuff...

The Moops
04-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Borrowing from a fan here, but someone recently said (and I'm paraphrasing) Tebow was one of the greatest college players in history. He deserves a real shot to see what he can do on the pro level.

~Crash~
04-21-2011, 08:58 PM
It should be in a thread stickied to the top along with one that says Denver is not guaranteed picking 2nd again (like some people continue to repeat) if there's not a season next year.

A week out, I think people have finally realized there will be a draft even with the lockout. That was another one that had to be repeated hundreds of times before it finally stuck.

If there is no season the NFL will go Belly up. There is other leagues people migrate away.

OABB
04-22-2011, 04:28 AM
I laugh at humans who drool!

I laugh at humans who pretend to be above it all when they are actually just biased and whiney.

TailgateNut
04-22-2011, 07:40 AM
I laugh at humans who pretend to be above it all when they are actually just biased and whiney.

:rofl:I'm not religious!

Archer81
04-22-2011, 07:50 AM

As opposed to the "I hate Tebow for non-football reasons and don't care if he actually has any ability" anti Tebowites.

:Broncos:

Rabb
04-22-2011, 07:56 AM

that's exactly how I feel about it

TailgateNut
04-22-2011, 08:19 AM
As opposed to the "I hate Tebow for non-football reasons and don't care if he actually has any ability" anti Tebowites.

:Broncos:

O contraire' mon frere'. I care if he has talent. NFL QB talent! Future Broncos QB talent.

Many shining stars came from the college ranks and turned out to be rotten apples in the NFL. Either character or ability issues surface after signing a lucrative contract and/or facing an NFL caliber defense. I'm tired of us wasting picks, money and time based on wishful thinking!

Drek
04-22-2011, 08:38 AM
O contraire' mon frere'. I care if he has talent. NFL QB talent! Future Broncos QB talent.

Many shining stars came from the college ranks and turned out to be rotten apples in the NFL. Either character or ability issues surface after signing a lucrative contract and/or facing an NFL caliber defense. I'm tired of us wasting picks, money and time based on wishful thinking!

Tebow running an injured, ramshackle offense managed an 82 QB rating and solid numbers across the board. Two of the three defenses he faced were top 10 in the league, including the #1 statistical D in the NFL last season.

So its pretty idiotic to say he doesn't have "NFL QB talent". Doesn't mean he'll put it all together, but he isn't your run of the mill collegian with nothing else on the resume to speak for him starting.

Cito Pelon
04-22-2011, 09:15 AM

IDK, there might be something to this Kaepernick rumor. He might end up being a great 2nd round pick. Of course, that pick could be better used elsewhere for immediate benfit.

Cito Pelon
04-22-2011, 09:32 AM

Classify me as "pretty sure". Tebow has the tools. I'd love to see him shorten up that throwing motion, but nevertheless it's obvious he knows what he's doing on the football field. He knows how to lead a team and score TD's.

bowtown
04-22-2011, 09:38 AM
If I had to choose between Tebow and Jesus to be the QB of the Broncos, I would choose Tebow. That's as far as I'm willing to go at this point though.

TailgateNut
04-22-2011, 09:40 AM
If I had to choose between Tebow and Jesus to be the QB of the Broncos, I would choose Tebow. That's as far as I'm willing to go at this point though.

thwack

TheReverend
04-22-2011, 11:05 AM

I dunno. If we flood the field every week we'd have one sick as homefield advantage with Jesus.

DarkHorse30
04-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Classify me as "pretty sure". Tebow has the tools. I'd love to see him shorten up that throwing motion, but nevertheless it's obvious he knows what he's doing on the football field. He knows how to lead a team and score TD's.

...plus he forces the rest of the players to step up their game, by simply working as hard as he can. He doesn't take plays off.....I would guess he doesn't take seconds off when he's on the football field (in practice and in games).

It was obvious to me that the team (especially the OL) rallied around him when he started. I believe they think he has fire.

that said, the QB situation in Denver is the last thing on my mind, and has been for about 2 years. Our defense has been the big problem. When Denver hired Fox, they did the best thing for our defense that they could have done. Now fans can know that a guy that HAS BUILT good defenses, will build one in Denver. The offense is good enough to win, and has enough young guys in there that can learn how to get better. I'd go ALL defense for the next 2 drafts, picking up a FA TE and a FA OT.

Shananahan
04-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Jesus has proven able of making a comeback when he needs to.

Pony Boy
04-22-2011, 12:34 PM
I think I might chamge my name to TebowNut

TailgateNut
04-22-2011, 01:16 PM
I think I might chamge my name to TebowNut

Maybe you should chamge your name!

MileHighMagic
04-22-2011, 01:52 PM
I have figured it out! Paige Green is polluting John's head. She is a Raider spy! Think about it...everyone has been outta their head over a beautiful woman before and The Duke isn't immune either. They got married and only after, did Elway take the job. Green is no dummy. She knows Tebow will dominate this league for years to come and she is poisoning Johnny's mind and manipulating him into forcing Tebow out!

We have to get John back on the bottle and trash their marriage for the sake of the franchise and for all life as we know it. If Tebow becomes a hall of famer as a Raider, he could become the Antichrist!

bronco militia
04-22-2011, 01:55 PM
I have figured it out! Paige Green is polluting John's head. She is a Raider spy! Think about it...everyone has been outta their head over a beautiful woman before and The Duke isn't immune either. They got married and only after, did Elway take the job. Green is no dummy. She knows Tebow will dominate this league for years to come and she is poisoning Johnny's mind and manipulating him into forcing Tebow out!

We have to get John back on the bottle and trash their marriage for the sake of the franchise and for all life as we know it. If Tebow becomes a hall of famer as a Raider, he could become the Antichrist!

yawn......most chicks are stooopid when it comes to football

:angel:

Old Dude
04-22-2011, 02:17 PM
And to think that I almost locked this thread after post #2.

BroncoBuff
04-22-2011, 02:21 PM

See? Sometimes good things happen when you just wait.

I refuse to wring my hands over the guy ... we won't have any answers until he plays more, period.

bronco militia
04-22-2011, 02:24 PM

:rofl:

:thanku:

teknic
04-22-2011, 02:43 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/22/tebow-sees-the-silver-lining-in-the-lockout/

Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5096), in a lengthy radio interview with 790 the Zone in Atlanta, addressed the impact of the lockout on preparations for his second NFL season — and possibly his first as a full-time starter.
And Tebow finds something positive in an otherwise negative situation.
“Well I look at it two ways,” Tebow said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com (http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2011/04/22/tim-tebow-i-honestly-thought-i-was-going-to-alabama-then-this-guy-named-urban-meyer-got-the-job-at-florida/). “I would love to be there going through OTAs with the coaches, with everyone; but also I look at in positive ways. I know there’s a lot of great players, but I also know there’s a lot of players out there that are loving this right now and they’re not going to work everyday extremely hungry, and they’re resting on their laurels a little bit and saying, ‘Hey, this is a vacation for me.’ I love that because everyday I’m looking to get better. So I believe that’s an opportunity for me to get an edge on a lot of players and I’m going to take that. Whether that’s true or not, that’s in my head and that’s all that matters.”
Still, Tebow would benefit from being able to apply that work ethic under the watchful eye of the coaching staff, especially since there’s a new head coach.
But we like his attitude. Whether he ever becomes a great NFL player remains to be seen, but if it never happens it won’t be due to a lack of effort or desire.

What do you think the chances are of Tebow meeting some free agents trying to keep in shape during the lockout and he helps recruit them to the Broncos? I think any free agent would like to join a team where the QB works as hard in the offseason as Tebow does.