PDA

View Full Version : Really New York?

THE719!
04-19-2011, 01:29 PM
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/42660497/ns/today-parenting/

Dodgeball, Red Rover, Wiffle Ball – those time-honored kids’ games, along with activities like Steal the Bacon and Capture the Flag – have been deemed dangerous by New York State as part of an effort to tighten regulations for summer camps.

Any indoor or outdoor recreational program that offers two or more organized activities, including one that falls on the “risky list” determined by state officials, will be considered a summer camp under the new rules and subject to the associated regulations.

The rules aim to curtail a loophole in previously passed regulations by the state Health Department that count activities like horseback riding and archery among the “risky list,” but do not include many activities like Freeze Tag and kickball featured in indoor programs.

At least one state legislator, Sen. Patty Richie (R-St. Lawrence County), fears the new rules will impair smaller programs’ ability to operate by requiring them to pay a $200 fee to register as summer camps.

“There will be flexibility in how the law is implemented,” Mathis told the paper, adding that some programs may merely have to develop a plan to cope with medical emergencies to comply with the new regulations.

Still, Ritchie says including games like Freeze Tag on the “risky list” is a bit much.

“It looks like Albany bureaucrats are looking for kids to just sit in a corner in a house all day and not be outside,” she told the News. “I don’t think Wiffle Ball is a dangerous sport."

Parents appear divided on the issue, but at least one believes it’s wise to take precautions.

“Kids these days are kinda brutal so I can see those games being dangerous,” Bronx mom Kim Wainwright told the News.

Boobs McGee
04-19-2011, 01:33 PM
wow. Summer camp? Come on now...at the YMCA of the Rockies, they'd give us a bunch of bows and arrows to practice archery with, and we'd have massive games of smear the queer. Not to mention capture the flag campwide that was all out war. High ropes courses.

Please don't pussify summer camp

Hercules Rockefeller
04-19-2011, 01:35 PM
What is "Steal the Bacon"?

Beantown Bronco
04-19-2011, 01:39 PM
If I was given the choice between a terrorist free planet or a politician free planet, I'd honestly lean towards a politician free planet.

THE719!
04-19-2011, 01:40 PM
What’s the saddest thing about this the politicians are hypocrites. We got to do something about our childrens weight, we go to do something about those video games but running around and being a kid and playing those games? Ban them all, they are too dangerous. No wonder why some kids are growing up staying in their houses not playing with other kids around the neighborhood.

Beantown Bronco
04-19-2011, 01:41 PM

Huh. I never heard of this one either.

http://www.gameskidsplay.net/games/chasing_games/bacon.htm

serious hops
04-19-2011, 01:44 PM
****ing kickball is dangerous?

How could anyone possibly ever say that with a straight face?

Hogan11
04-19-2011, 01:45 PM
New York has been a "Safetyocracy" since the early 80's. Every law that has been created "for your own good" over the last 25 years has emanated from this state, so this is no real surprise.

MplsBronco
04-19-2011, 01:46 PM

I separated my shoulder about 4 years ago, at the age of 35, playing kickball. I consider it very dangerous!

Beantown Bronco
04-19-2011, 01:46 PM

Freeze tag jumped out at me more. At least with kickball, the pitcher could get nailed in the face....or a runner, if you play with "pegging" rules. It's a stretch for sure, but freeze tag literally has none of that potential.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-19-2011, 01:47 PM
Yeah this is pretty absurd...but the more we grow, the bigger pussies we become!

jsco70
04-19-2011, 01:49 PM
This is just another step in the complete and total wussification of America. I weep for the future.

jhns
04-19-2011, 01:56 PM
This is why I eat so much red meat. I figure I would rather have a heart attack at 50 than grow old enough that these future generations are running things. The baby boomers f'd everything up.

THE719!
Freeze tag jumped out at me more. At least with kickball, the pitcher could get nailed in the face....or a runner, if you play with "pegging" rules. It's a stretch for sure, but freeze tag literally has none of that potential.

Well freeze tag I can see, you might touch someone to hard and maybe the wrong place............ sarcasm

baja
If I was given the choice between a terrorist free planet or a politician free planet, I'd honestly lean towards a politician free planet.

I see your plan, get rid of the politicians and there would be no terrorists. ;D

baja
04-19-2011, 01:58 PM
I guess this means kick the fag is out too.

Rohirrim
04-19-2011, 01:58 PM
"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers". - Henry VI (Act IV, Scene II).

THE719!
04-19-2011, 01:59 PM
I got a question, how bad would today's kids get there ass kicked by the kids say 30-50 years ago?

crawdad
04-19-2011, 02:00 PM

It's just like "Capture the Flag". Just a different rendition!

gtown
04-19-2011, 02:01 PM
Christ! Dodgeball? Who the hell is gonna make these kids bleed their own blood?

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd46/bravesdogs12/WhiteGoodman.jpg

Chris
04-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Think this is somehow designed to protect Carmelo.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-19-2011, 02:10 PM

They didn't outlaw slap fights

Hercules Rockefeller
04-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Huh. I never heard of this one either.

http://www.gameskidsplay.net/games/chasing_games/bacon.htm

Sounds stupid

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-19-2011, 02:24 PM

I play in a kickball league, and last week a dude had his nose broken by another guy throwing the ball at his head. /shrug

I've seen guys slip and fall, causing serious back injuries.

I think it's ridiculous too, but injuries can happen in these games. It's just a way to protect the league organizers from frivolous lawsuits, most likely.

baja
04-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Life: The price of admission; a certain amount of pain and eventual death.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-19-2011, 02:32 PM
Obviously they never played smear the queer.

bowtown
04-19-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm confused, I don't see anywhere in the article that says anything about summer camps not being allowed to have these sports. It just says that any summer recreation program that does will be considered a summer camp and pay the crushing fee of $200. I mean it's obviously ridiculous to call these sports "risky" but I don't really see why I'm supposed to become outraged by what the article says. Maybe I'm reading it wrong?

Bronco Vixen
04-19-2011, 02:41 PM
Oh how I yearn for the good ol' days of jarts and the almighty slip n slide.

SouthStndJunkie
04-19-2011, 02:43 PM
What will they outlaw next at summer camp?

Trying to finger chicks or make out with them?

Bronco Vixen
04-19-2011, 02:44 PM

No question as we all harken back to his stellar fighting skills. Visions of backward skipping/slapping currently flashing through my mind.

Tombstone RJ
04-19-2011, 03:11 PM

Dodgeball, Red Rover, Wiffle Ball – those time-honored kids’ games, along with activities like Steal the Bacon and Capture the Flag – have been deemed dangerous by New York State as part of an effort to tighten regulations for summer camps.

Any indoor or outdoor recreational program that offers two or more organized activities, including one that falls on the “risky list” determined by state officials, will be considered a summer camp under the new rules and subject to the associated regulations.

The rules aim to curtail a loophole in previously passed regulations by the state Health Department that count activities like horseback riding and archery among the “risky list,” but do not include many activities like Freeze Tag and kickball featured in indoor programs.

At least one state legislator, Sen. Patty Richie (R-St. Lawrence County), fears the new rules will impair smaller programs’ ability to operate by requiring them to pay a $200 fee to register as summer camps.

“There will be flexibility in how the law is implemented,” Mathis told the paper, adding that some programs may merely have to develop a plan to cope with medical emergencies to comply with the new regulations.

Still, Ritchie says including games like Freeze Tag on the “risky list” is a bit much.

“It looks like Albany bureaucrats are looking for kids to just sit in a corner in a house all day and not be outside,” she told the News. “I don’t think Wiffle Ball is a dangerous sport."

Parents appear divided on the issue, but at least one believes it’s wise to take precautions.

“Kids these days are kinda brutal so I can see those games being dangerous,” Bronx mom Kim Wainwright told the News.

Seriously? Kid's are more brutal now than in the past?? I'm thinking the exact opposit is true due to all the PC crap and the pussification of boys.

Boobs McGee
04-19-2011, 04:11 PM
I got a question, how bad would today's kids get there ass kicked by the kids say 30-50 years ago?

I think kids today would get whooped on by the older generation of kids. It seems like a LOT of the older generation of people I know are tough s.o.b.'s.

Butterscotch Stallion
04-19-2011, 04:42 PM
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]--> I keep thinking about the Australian kid who body slammed his bully after receiving a punch to his face. From what I understand he received a 4-day suspension from the school. The school explained he should’ve reported the bully to the Principal after getting punched in the face instead of sticking up for himself.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SkhBWlCuprI" allowfullscreen="" width="480" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe> (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/%3Ciframe%20title=)

Anyways here is another link from Sports Illustrated commenting on how other school districts are outlawing games like Dodgeball:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/magazine/life_of_reilly/news/2001/05/08/life_of_reilly/

"Dodgeball has been outlawed by some school districts in New York, Texas, Utah and Virginia. Many more are thinking about it, like Cecil County, Md., where the school board wants to ban any game with 'human targets.'"

That One Guy
04-19-2011, 04:57 PM
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]--> I keep thinking about the Australian kid who body slammed his bully after receiving a punch to his face. From what I understand he received a 4-day suspension from the school. The school explained he should’ve reported the bully to the Principal after getting punched in the face instead of sticking up for himself.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SkhBWlCuprI" allowfullscreen="" width="480" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe> (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/%3Ciframe%20title=)

Anyways here is another link from Sports Illustrated commenting on how other school districts are outlawing games like Dodgeball:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/magazine/life_of_reilly/news/2001/05/08/life_of_reilly/

"Dodgeball has been outlawed by some school districts in New York, Texas, Utah and Virginia. Many more are thinking about it, like Cecil County, Md., where the school board wants to ban any game with 'human targets.'"

LOL

Awesome video

spdirty
04-20-2011, 09:38 AM
Man the best times I had when I was a kid was when I was doing competitive games/sports like dodgeball, floor hockey, tackle football, smear the queer, obstacle course, baseball (with real baseballs), capture the flag, and BB Gun wars.

Elementary school PE was the best, it was better than recess because we were always doing some kind of competition. Now at my kids' school its all about "acceptance alley" and "Your good enough, smart enough, and everyone likes you."

Its all a bunch of liberal bull****.

Tombstone RJ
04-20-2011, 09:49 AM
Man the best times I had when I was a kid was when I was doing competitive games/sports like dodgeball, floor hockey, tackle football, smear the queer, obstacle course, baseball (with real baseballs), capture the flag, and BB Gun wars.

Elementary school PE was the best, it was better than recess because we were always doing some kind of competition. Now at my kids' school its all about "acceptance alley" and "Your good enough, smart enough, and everyone likes you."

Yep, gym and recess for me growing up was a lot of good physical stuff, running around, throwing footballs around, playing keep away, smear the queer, etc. Yah, there were physical altercations on the play ground and in the gym every once in a while but that's why the teachers were around, to keep us all lined out.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-20-2011, 09:55 AM

I dont know why this is a "liberal" thing, i think youre just projecting. I think this is just a societal movement thing to which, i think, as a liberal, is really dumb. But hardly shocking, we insulate children from everything these days. its not healthy.

OABB
04-20-2011, 10:01 AM
i think the kids of the 30s and 40s would kick the **** out of todays adults.

****ing baby booming hippie pussies.

schaaf
04-20-2011, 10:04 AM
I think kids today would get whooped on by the older generation of kids. It seems like a LOT of the older generation of people I know are tough s.o.b.'s.

I think the two sides are becoming more extreme. On one side you have pussies that are playing world of Warcraft and don't know how to do **** and then on the other side you have kids that are being raised more intense and are tougher than any kids ive ever heard of being

spdirty
04-20-2011, 10:07 AM
I dont know why this is a "liberal" thing, i think youre just projecting. I think this is just a societal movement thing to which, i think, as a liberal, is really dumb. But hardly shocking, we insulate children from everything these days. its not healthy.

It is a liberal thing. You don't see conservatives starting these "hey, lets all raise our kids in a bubble" movements. Its always in liberal communities where this kind of crap takes hold.

schaaf
04-20-2011, 10:07 AM

I agree that this is a liberal thing. In talking about that australian kid, a conservative thought would allow him to stick up for himself without any sort of punishment.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-20-2011, 10:11 AM
It is a liberal thing. You don't see conservatives starting these "hey, lets all raise our kids in a bubble" movements. Its always in liberal communities where this kind of crap takes hold.

uuuuh, dodgeball was banned in schools in the incredibly liberal states of Texas and Utah too. And virginia.

Its a society thing. A result of coddled parents from both the left and right. nice try though.

Tombstone RJ
04-20-2011, 10:16 AM
uuuuh, dodgeball was banned in schools in the incredibly liberal states of Texas and Utah too. And virginia.

Its a society thing. A result of coddled parents from both the left and right. nice try though.

Its all part of the overall PC movement which started out with good intentions and has now manifested itself into the pussification of all kids, boys and girls.

DrFate
04-20-2011, 10:21 AM

Right and wrong (but mostly wrong)

It hit the news years ago that some VA districts banned dodgeball. While VA isn't liberal, Northern VA is. And it was Alexandria, or Fairfax or something similar.

The justification back then wasn't safety - it was self esteem. I'll see if I can find a link for you.

DrFate
04-20-2011, 10:25 AM
30 seconds of Googling didn't find much.

It was about 10 years ago, I remember George Will talked about it on the Sunday morning show and wrote a column in the Washington paper.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-20-2011, 10:29 AM
30 seconds of Googling didn't find much.

It was about 10 years ago, I remember George Will talked about it on the Sunday morning show and wrote a column in the Washington paper.

ok, so how was i "mostly wrong"

Mountain Bronco
04-20-2011, 10:34 AM
Its no wonder we have raised generations of pansy ass, entitled little brats.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-20-2011, 10:35 AM
Lets all keep in mind these are isolated incidents.

Mountain Bronco
04-20-2011, 10:36 AM
I am calling Nans on Utah and Texas banning these. Please give a cite?

SonOfLe-loLang
04-20-2011, 10:38 AM
Quick google search:

http://askville.amazon.com/dodgeball-played-elementary-schools-tolerance-policies-banned/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=10875054

there are probably better sources, but i dont have time or enegy to look

DrFate
04-20-2011, 10:39 AM
ok, so how was i "mostly wrong"

I do not believe it is VA, the commonwealth - I believe it is some systems in VA.

Second - it is most definitely a liberal thing.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-20-2011, 10:44 AM
I do not believe it is VA, the commonwealth - I believe it is some systems in VA.

Second - it is most definitely a liberal thing.

i didnt say VA as a whole, or didnt mean to imply it. And its not just a liberal thing. AT ALL.

tsiguy96
04-20-2011, 10:54 AM
dodgeball is banned in florida too. how can anyone raise their kid and tell their kid they cant play competitive games because they might get hurt?

bowtown
04-20-2011, 11:24 AM

New York state health officials have yanked a set of proposed guidelines for what were initially deemed risky day camp games like Red Rover and kickball.
Health department spokeswoman Claudia Hutton says the rules and lists of games and activities were sent out to municipalities and other camp operators under the previous administration.
She says that after a review spurred by a lawmaker's questions Friday and subsequent news reports, they've been judged too detailed and amount to micromanagement.
Hutton said Tuesday that the department will continue gathering information during a comment period that ends May 16 and will formulate new safety regulations that are broader.
The regulations are required under a 2009 rule meant to close a loophole in the law that allowed indoor day camps to operate without the same state oversight applied to outdoor day camps.

cutthemdown
04-20-2011, 11:32 AM
If you guys dealt with big insurance companies like I do you would understand. The costs or so crazy they have to puss everything down. Lawyers are everywhere, many can't get good high paying jobs like they thought would be easy, they will take almost any case where a kid gets injured or killed. If some kid gets brain deadened by a flying dodgeball there will be a lawsuit.

Not saying I agree, just saying it is reality so don't blame the camps. They may feel same way as you do.

oubronco
04-20-2011, 11:34 AM

Kinda hard to fight with an Xbox controller in your hand trying to punch by pushing A B

cutthemdown
04-20-2011, 11:34 AM
dodgeball is banned in florida too. how can anyone raise their kid and tell their kid they cant play competitive games because they might get hurt?

You can play them, they are talking about camps where the parents might not be around. It's all about who could get sued. Schools and the taxpayers, or private summer camps etc, both can get sued by parents of hurt kids. You may be able to do a waiver, but then insurance is still really high for risky things.

You should try organizing like an outdoor music fesival. Say even small with like 1000 people. It's not as easy as it sounds. I imagine setting up a summer camp is also a nightmare.

epicSocialism4tw
04-20-2011, 11:36 AM
What’s the saddest thing about this the politicians are hypocrites. We got to do something about our childrens weight, we go to do something about those video games but running around and being a kid and playing those games? Ban them all, they are too dangerous. No wonder why some kids are growing up staying in their houses not playing with other kids around the neighborhood.

Eventually, Americans will be individual globulous masses living in state-supplied bubbles on government-issue couches in front of government-run media entertainment. Government nurses will attend to them every day...feeding them with government-supplied foodstuffs through government-inserted feeding tubes. They'll own nothing. They'll be kept alive simply for their vote, which will be cast from a verbally-triggered console in their bubble.

cutthemdown
04-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Kids are bigger now then they were. Not sure the 50's generation could take our kids now. Look at the football teams back then, 165 pound olineman, no 265 and up. Nope todays kids may be lazy and lack maturity but they are way meaner and bigger then 50 yrs ago.

cutthemdown
04-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Eventually, Americans will be individual globulous masses living in state-supplied bubbles on government-issue couches in front of government-run media entertainment. Government nurses will attend to them every day...feeding them with government-supplied foodstuffs through government-inserted feeding tubes. They'll own nothing. They'll be kept alive simply for their vote, which will be cast from a verbally-triggered console in their bubble.

I guess i better go to nursing school. Hmmm wait do the bubbles serve beer?

schaaf
04-20-2011, 11:38 AM

http://gaudiumdegaea.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/obama-hope.jpg

ahh yess i can see it soon :wave:

SonOfLe-loLang
04-20-2011, 11:40 AM
Kids are bigger now then they were. Not sure the 50's generation could take our kids now. Look at the football teams back then, 165 pound olineman, no 265 and up. Nope todays kids may be lazy and lack maturity but they are way meaner and bigger then 50 yrs ago.

Its also due to the crap we put in our bodies too. Its not just that they are sitting around, though thats certainly not helping.

epicSocialism4tw
04-20-2011, 11:51 AM
I guess i better go to nursing school. Hmmm wait do the bubbles serve beer?

Nope. Maybe lorazapam. ;D

They'll put anti-calcification drugs in the feeding tube so your bones partially dissolve, making you a man-blob. Ha!

http://www.canmag.com/images/front/xmen/blob1.jpg

bowtown
04-20-2011, 11:54 AM
This thread is hilarious. The original article:

New safety regulations have been proposed by the previous administration that would require day camps that play risky sports to have the same oversight as summer camps. All camps can still have all the activities, they just must register appropriately, to simplify tracking and cut down on litigation.

The OM response:
OMG!!! KIDZ EQUALZ PUSSIEZ!!! DOG BALL IS TEH BOOBYZ!!!

New article is posted:

After looking further at the proposed regulations, the new New York law makers have decided that the definition of risky sports goes too far and they will propose a differnt set of guidelines that is more broad, basically making this a non issue.

The OM response:
OMG!!! I CULD BEAT UP ALL DA KIDZ!!! KIKBALL IS MY MDDLE NAM!!!!

epicSocialism4tw
04-20-2011, 11:59 AM
This thread is hilarious. The original article:

New safety regulations have been proposed by the previous administration that would require day camps that play risky sports to have the same oversight as summer camps. All camps can still have all the activities, they just must register appropriately, to simplify tracking and cut down on litigation.

The OM response:
OMG!!! KIDZ EQUALZ PUSSIEZ!!! DOG BALL IS TEH BOOBYZ!!!

New article is posted:

After looking further at the proposed regulations, the new New York law makers have decided that the definition of risky sports goes too far and they will propose a differnt set of guidelines that is more broad, basically making this a non issue.

The OM response:
OMG!!! I CULD BEAT UP ALL DA KIDZ!!! KIKBALL IS MY MDDLE NAM!!!!

http://blog.invitingsmiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/crybaby.jpg

Mountain Bronco
04-20-2011, 12:43 PM
If you guys dealt with big insurance companies like I do you would understand. The costs or so crazy they have to puss everything down. Lawyers are everywhere, many can't get good high paying jobs like they thought would be easy, they will take almost any case where a kid gets injured or killed. If some kid gets brain deadened by a flying dodgeball there will be a lawsuit.

Not saying I agree, just saying it is reality so don't blame the camps. They may feel same way as you do.

Totally agree with this though. But it doesn't help the cause when the state government lables these as high risk, it just provides more fodder for the insurance companies to say, see its high risk, you pay more and the PIA's to say look this activity is deemed high risk, so I want a big settlment.

Greedy ass entitled parents as well. Our society is borderline suck. :sunshine:

baja
04-20-2011, 01:00 PM

One definition of a cancer is when a parasite eats on it's host to the degree the host dies in turn killing the cancer. This is what's happening to American society.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-20-2011, 02:01 PM
http://blog.invitingsmiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/crybaby.jpg

Typical stupid ****ing response from a typical stupid ****ing responder.

elsid13
04-20-2011, 02:30 PM

Being fatter doesn't mean they are better. And I think a lot kids today have never really tasted defeat or discovered that they aren't the best.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-20-2011, 02:34 PM
Being fatter doesn't mean they are better. And I think a lot kids today have never really tasted defeat or discovered that they aren't the best.

Definitely most kids assume they are special, when they really arent. This isn't a simple phenomenon though.

Spider
04-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Well in fairness there are a lot of people posting here that fit this rule ........
Had to go to court today with my 16 year old soon , a school yard fight they want to give him 1 year probation and ankle bracelet over nothing ........But several witnesses say my son was defending himself , so in front of the judge , I patted my son on the back and said good job .......

TailgateNut
04-20-2011, 03:03 PM
Well in fairness there are a lot of people posting here that fit this rule ........
Had to go to court today with my 16 year old soon , a school yard fight they want to give him 1 year probation and ankle bracelet over nothing ........But several witnesses say my son was defending himself , so in front of the judge , I patted my son on the back and said good job .......

When my son was in HS there was a group of punks who used to team up on him. So one day he came home and told me about it. I had him point them out when they got off the bus and I approached the group of "pussies" and told them to go ahead and fight it out one on one. Guess what. Not one taker. They had the typical gang mentality. Tough in a crowd, but all p***Y when alone!

baja
04-20-2011, 03:16 PM

WHY YOU SHODA THROAT PUNCHED THAT CHICKEN SHIIT JUDGE.

Spider
04-20-2011, 03:22 PM
When my son was in HS there was a group of punks who used to team up on him. So one day he came home and told me about it. I had him point them out when they got off the bus and I approached the group of "pussies" and told them to go ahead and fight it out one on one. Guess what. Not one taker. They had the typical gang mentality. Tough in a crowd, but all p***Y when alone!

I would have done the same , last year a 21 year old attack my son with Brass knuckles , So I handled that one for him ;D

Spider
04-20-2011, 03:22 PM
WHY YOU SHODA THROAT PUNCHED THAT CHICKEN SHIIT JUDGE.

It is a she ....... tried to get the ex to throat punch her ;D

baja
04-20-2011, 03:35 PM
It is a she ....... tried to get the ex to throat punch her ;D

A girl friend likes to watch Judge Judy so I watched a couple of episodes with her and she is so anti male I wanted to throat punch Judge Judy myself.

NUB
04-20-2011, 03:50 PM
My face got cremated by a soccer ball when I was a kid. I don't feel bad about it at all. It builds character. Sloppy, asymmetrical character.

ZONA
04-21-2011, 02:13 AM
Amazing. When I was in HS, the football coach was the PE teacher and man did he like to kick up the action. Sure we had normal dodge ball but that was the safe game. He'd put a cone down at one end of the basketball court and you had to sprint down to that cone and back while the other team was divided in half, each on either side, with 10 balls. Balls coming at you from the left and right. You loved to get the headshot but the best throws were the ones that knocked somebody's feet out from underneath them and they bit it. He even made the girls play that game. He didn't care. Hilarious!

Archer81
04-21-2011, 02:44 AM

My sophomore, junior and senior years of highschool were in Bethel Park and South Park, Pa (suburbs of Pittsburgh). My soph. year the Broncos played the Steelers for the AFC Championship. I had the old school sky blue Broncos coat with the D on the back. I also had a navy blue Broncos cap that I still have, the school allowed us to wear them inside. Had to deal with dickheads throwing ice balls at me, taunting and some shoving matches- for being a Broncos fan.

The teachers were wearing Steeler's jerseys and shirts the friday before the game, so I kind of felt like a Jew in the middle of Nazi Berlin. Of course the monday after the game everyone was a Penguins fan, and the few comments I did get were about how lucky the Broncos were the Steelers had Kordell Stewart at QB and how TD only got 130 rushing yards because the Broncos use illegal cut blocks or how Shannon Sharpe pushed off to get that 1st down on 3rd down in the 4th qtr or how the Steelers would have lost to Greenbay anyway, so the Broncos might as well get their ass kicked by the "bad ass" Packers...

By today's standard I had a lawsuit for hazing and bullying. If things have changed that much in fourteen years what are schools going to be like in another 15?

:Broncos:

epicSocialism4tw
04-21-2011, 07:39 AM
My sophomore, junior and senior years of highschool were in Bethel Park and South Park, Pa (suburbs of Pittsburgh). My soph. year the Broncos played the Steelers for the AFC Championship. I had the old school sky blue Broncos coat with the D on the back. I also had a navy blue Broncos cap that I still have, the school allowed us to wear them inside. Had to deal with dickheads throwing ice balls at me, taunting and some shoving matches- for being a Broncos fan.

The teachers were wearing Steeler's jerseys and shirts the friday before the game, so I kind of felt like a Jew in the middle of Nazi Berlin. Of course the monday after the game everyone was a Penguins fan, and the few comments I did get were about how lucky the Broncos were the Steelers had Kordell Stewart at QB and how TD only got 130 rushing yards because the Broncos use illegal cut blocks or how Shannon Sharpe pushed off to get that 1st down on 3rd down in the 4th qtr or how the Steelers would have lost to Greenbay anyway, so the Broncos might as well get their ass kicked by the "bad ass" Packers...

By today's standard I had a lawsuit for hazing and bullying. If things have changed that much in fourteen years what are schools going to be like in another 15?

:Broncos:

I think that we're going to react back in the other direction.