PDA

View Full Version : Hillis vs Vick for the Madden 2012 cover

TheChamp24
04-18-2011, 04:01 PM
I bet this just gets everybody all jolly'd up.
Vote for the man you wish McDaniels didn't trade away or the guy who went to jail for basically torturing and murdering dogs.
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/madden2012cover

HAT
04-18-2011, 04:15 PM
Hahaha....I can't wait to see the thread when Hillis actually wins this. Maybe then people will admit that Hillis is popular because he is a white RB.

Good times!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Hahaha....I can't wait to see the thread when Hillis actually wins this. Maybe then people will admit that Hillis is popular because he is a white RB.

Good times!

What are you talking about?

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t763488/

ohiobronco2
04-18-2011, 04:45 PM

Good times!

I've never heard your take on this. Tell me more. :approve:

HAT
04-18-2011, 04:52 PM
I've never heard your take on this. Tell me more. :approve:

It's not *my* take.....I just find it comical that people here won't cop to it.

It's not racist one way or another so I guess I don't understand the denial is all. Hillis is a football player's football player and that no doubt contributes to some of his popularity.....But the overwhelming contributor to his popularity is because he is a white RB. No biggie.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-18-2011, 05:09 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/207p3l3.jpg

HAT
04-18-2011, 05:11 PM
Who's mad? I think it's freaking great and hope he wins in a landslide.

SouthStndJunkie
04-18-2011, 05:22 PM
I wonder how many times Laura McDaniels has voted?

rugbythug
04-18-2011, 05:31 PM
I like Hillis because he is a White RB!!

I'm Sad because he will be a back up next year:(

HAT
04-18-2011, 05:39 PM
I wonder how many times Laura McDaniels has voted?

^5

misturanderson
04-18-2011, 06:13 PM
This was what I was voting for all along. Whichever one injures himself for the year will be a win in my eyes. I'll be voting for Vick ahead of Hillis because I want him to injure himself more, and because I hate Madden games and it will be terrible PR for them.

jmz313
04-18-2011, 06:25 PM
I would be shocked if Hillis ends up on madden2012 cover. Not cause i dont think middle class america would use thier internet and vote for him but, rather EA making sure they dont end up with peyton freaken hillis on the cover of Madden. They put vick on there and hide behind "america's vote" when people say they shouldnt put a dog killer on a video game cover.

Doggcow
04-18-2011, 06:29 PM
I would be shocked if Hillis ends up on madden2012 cover. Not cause i dont think middle class america would use thier internet and vote for him but, rather EA making sure they dont end up with peyton freaken hillis on the cover of Madden. They put vick on there and hide behind "america's vote" when people say they shouldnt put a dog killer on a video game cover.

I think DeSean shoulda been Philly's player. He had a great season.

Archer81
04-18-2011, 08:56 PM
I like Hillis because he is a White RB!!

I'm Sad because he will be a back up next year:(

Which is different from years 1 through 3 how?

:Broncos:

BLAZE
04-18-2011, 09:02 PM

It doesn't get more racist than stormfront.org.

Missouribronc
04-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Fap, fap, fap.

Mogulseeker
04-18-2011, 09:55 PM

Good times!

When I talk about him with other fans that's the first thing the mention about him.

Mogulseeker
04-18-2011, 09:55 PM

I'm afraid to click on this because my internet is on the DU network... safe?

That One Guy
04-18-2011, 10:11 PM
I'm afraid to click on this because my internet is on the DU network... safe?

As long as you don't mind something stamped "white pride" everywhere.

HAT
04-18-2011, 11:03 PM
Which is different from years 1 through 3 how?

:Broncos:

:strong:

Taco John
04-18-2011, 11:04 PM
It's not *my* take.....I just find it comical that people here won't cop to it.

It's not racist one way or another so I guess I don't understand the denial is all. Hillis is a football player's football player and that no doubt contributes to some of his popularity.....But the overwhelming contributor to his popularity is because he is a white RB. No biggie.

Has nothing to do with being a 7th round fullback who has managed to work his way up to be a 10+TD a year half back. It's just his skin color. If he was black and worked his way from a 7th round fullback to a 10+TD a year tailback, nobody would notice... Right.

HAT
04-18-2011, 11:27 PM
Has nothing to do with being a 7th round fullback who has managed to work his way up to be a 10+TD a year half back. It's just his skin color. If he was black and worked his way from a 7th round fullback to a 10+TD a year tailback, nobody would notice... Right.

Right.

HAT
04-18-2011, 11:31 PM
Refresh my memory Taco.....Did you want Gerhart in the 3rd a few years ago? I'm too lazy to look it up and the search engine sucks here.

Dedhed
04-19-2011, 12:06 AM
Has nothing to do with being a 7th round fullback who has managed to work his way up to be a 10+TD a year half back. It's just his skin color. If he was black and worked his way from a 7th round fullback to a 10+TD a year tailback, nobody would notice.

Pretty much exactly correct, yes.

HAT
04-19-2011, 12:14 AM

Rod Smith, Shannon Sharpe & Terrell Davis said :wave:

Dedhed
04-19-2011, 12:25 AM

Would you have any interest in introducing Arian Foster to this conversation? Hmm..

Clearly "Starting white RB" trumps "Undrafted RB leads league in rushing?"

HAT
04-19-2011, 12:31 AM
Would you have any interest in introducing Arian Foster to this conversation? Hmm..

Taco is too busy voting for Vick to respond here Ded.

Hillis is going to win this thing because he's a mad baller.......errrrrrr "ZOMG, people just voted against the dog killer!"

BRB, have to cry in my beer that Woodhead only made the elite 8.

Taco John
04-19-2011, 01:37 AM

I have no problem introducing Arian Foster into the discussion. I think Arian Foster is about to blow up big. He's only had one season of visibility, where Hillis has had three. It takes more than one good season to build a brand name in the NFL, and Hillis has been garnering attention for his abilities over three seasons, and finally broke out last year vs. Baltimore. I think without that Baltimore game, he'd still be a relative unknown.

Foster had a good season, but it was a good, quiet season. He had a lot of weeks where he was putting up mid-double digit yardage. For the most part, the only people that knew about him were fantasy football geeks. That will change with time. If he keeps this up, by year three, he'll be turning just as many heads.

This has nothing to do with race, and everything to do with performance.

Taco John
04-19-2011, 01:38 AM

You only prove my point...

Blart
04-19-2011, 02:36 AM
Peyton Hillis is the same race as people who vote for video game covers

maven
04-19-2011, 05:34 AM
Dog killer vs white rb

I will go with white rb

jhns
04-19-2011, 07:01 AM
Hat is racist. Racists like to hope others are like them.

Dedhed
04-19-2011, 08:04 AM
I have no problem introducing Arian Foster into the discussion. I think Arian Foster is about to blow up big. He's only had one season of visibility, where Hillis has had three. It takes more than one good season to build a brand name in the NFL, and Hillis has been garnering attention for his abilities over three seasons, and finally broke out last year vs. Baltimore. I think without that Baltimore game, he'd still be a relative unknown.

Foster had a good season, but it was a good, quiet season. He had a lot of weeks where he was putting up mid-double digit yardage. For the most part, the only people that knew about him were fantasy football geeks. That will change with time. If he keeps this up, by year three, he'll be turning just as many heads.

That's laughable. Hillis was not at all visible on a national scale until this year, and if he was it was for one reason alone.

How quiet would Foster's season have been if he were white?

Don't be naive; Hillis' race plays a huge role in his popularity both on the Mane and on the national scene.

jhns
04-19-2011, 08:36 AM
That's laughable. Hillis was not at all visible on a national scale until this year, and if he was it was for one reason alone.

How quiet would Foster's season have been if he were white?

Don't be naive; Hillis' race plays a huge role in his popularity both on the Mane and on the national scene.

Since when did people not know who Foster is? Everyone gives him props and knows who he is. He was screwed on this voting because there is an even better player on his team. A player that has been well known for years and had a good season. Hillis doesn't have that problem.

You are just racist. You make it about race while ignoring the obvious facts. Others see 1600 yards, 13 TDs, 4.4 ypc, 60 receptions, and a guy that runs over defenses(not around).

El Guapo
04-19-2011, 08:47 AM
Go Hillis! Wish you were still around. . .

errand
04-19-2011, 10:05 AM

I agree.....

a 7th rounder (regardless of his ethnicity) having a good season is always a good story....everyone loves rooting for the underdog, dark horse guy.

errand
04-19-2011, 10:16 AM
He's only had one season of visibility, where Hillis has had three. It takes more than one good season to build a brand name in the NFL, and Hillis has been garnering attention for his abilities over three seasons, and finally broke out last year vs. Baltimore.

Hillis has had three seasons that garnered him attention?

His rookie year he ran for less that 400 yards TJ....and was replaced by a guy that sold Verizon phones with unlimited texting...his second season saw him ride the pine, and only when injuries again opened up an opportunity for him to start for the Browns did he finally have a good year.

Foster meanwhile showed enough flashes at the end of '09 that he was given the chance to start from game 1. His season was much more impressive that Hillis'

vancejohnson82
04-19-2011, 10:25 AM

His rookie year he ran for less that 400 yards TJ....and was replaced by a guy that sold Verizon phones with unlimited texting...his second season saw him ride the pine, and only when injuries again opened up an opportunity for him to start for the Browns did he finally have a good year.

Foster meanwhile showed enough flashes at the end of '09 that he was given the chance to start from game 1. His season was much more impressive that Hillis'

yea....Hillis had about as much national recognition as I did three years ago

That One Guy
04-19-2011, 10:31 AM
It's the style of play mixed with the success. Everyone remember "OMG! Tatum carried Ray Lewis!!!!"? That's the effort expected of Hillis on every play. Wreckless abandon on every play with a will to succeed.

The race makes him stand out sometimes but he justifies the fanfare. "Racism!" should be reserved for things where it's clearly at hand, not just thrown around anytime you feel it could be justifiably fit to the scenario.

jonny1
04-19-2011, 01:15 PM

His rookie year he ran for less that 400 yards TJ....and was replaced by a guy that sold Verizon phones with unlimited texting...

Incorrect, or did you forget that Hillis tore his groin (or hamstring, I forget which)? Otherwise, he would not have been "replaced."

And 400 yards in, what, 3 1/2 games? Do the math . . .

HAT
04-19-2011, 01:33 PM
Hat is racist. Racists like to hope others are like them.

I know you're just trying to stir the pot jhns, but just to be clear.....

Many matters of race have nothing to do with racism. If someone were to claim that Hillis was only popular with white people b/c he is a white RB, I'd agree that there are some racial undertones there.

My contention is that everybody likes white RB's because they are few and far between. I've watched the majority of my NFL games at the same sports bar for 10+ years and the Hillis & Woodhead phenomenon exists across all my NFL friends....Black, White or Brown.

That One Guy
04-19-2011, 01:42 PM

Many matters of race have nothing to do with racism. If someone were to claim that Hillis was only popular with white people b/c he is a white RB, I'd agree that there are some racial undertones there.

My contention is that everybody likes white RB's because they are few and far between. I've watched the majority of my NFL games at the same sports bar for 10+ years and the Hillis & Woodhead phenomenon exists across all my NFL friends....Black, White or Brown.

A white RB can catch the eye without being racist. If I go for Hibachi and Jerome is flipping his spatula, I'm gonna do a double take. If I'm at a barber shop and hear Wang Lee rapping about 'killin' ****as, drugs, and hoes' I'm gonna do a double take. Just because it's out of the norm. Not because I think Jerome can't do it or because Wang Lee should be mastering some calculus theory somewhere.

jhns
04-19-2011, 01:53 PM

You see it that way because you are racist. You are also just trying to stir the pot. I started liking Hillis after he started for this team, produced big, and put defenders flat on their backs in the process. Him being white has nothing to do with it. You make it about race because you are racist.

You act like Hillis hasn't produced as his last season was 1600 yards, 61 receptions, 4.4 ypc, and 13 TDs. There is not a non division rival RB that has produced like that and not been called very good by me. Hillis even did this with no help at all. He had about as much production as everyone else on that offense, combined. Don't let your racism get in the way of facts though.

mkporter
04-19-2011, 02:40 PM

Only in Hillis' dreams is he anywhere near the class of these three.

gtown
04-19-2011, 03:03 PM
White running back on the cover of Madden 2012? I'm pretty sure this was part of the Mayan prophecy. Oh well, it was a good run...

Karenin
04-19-2011, 04:30 PM
I don't understand, Reuben Drougns never had a Madden cover, so why should Hillis?

errand
04-19-2011, 04:37 PM
Incorrect, or did you forget that Hillis tore his groin (or hamstring, I forget which)? Otherwise, he would not have been "replaced."

And 400 yards in, what, 3 1/2 games? Do the math . . .

Ok, fair enough, we'll play the "he'd never would have lost his job had he not got injured" game...

The list of Broncos RB's that wouldn't have lost their job had they not got injured, in 2008 -

[] Michael Pittman

[] Selvyn Young

[] Andre' Hall

[] Ryan Torain

So you see, it took 4 other RB's getting injured before Peyton got the call.

Oh and only because you wanted me to do the math, it was actually 329 rushing yards with 5 TD's in his 6 starts...which adds up to about 55 yards and 1 TD per game ...

That is sheer greatness huh?

jhns
04-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Ok, fair enough, we'll play the "he'd never would have lost his job had he not got injured" game...

The list of Broncos RB's that wouldn't have lost their job had they not got injured, in 2008 -

[] Michael Pittman

[] Selvyn Young

[] Andre' Hall

[] Ryan Torain

So you see, it took 4 other RB's getting injured before Peyton got the call.

Oh and only because you wanted me to do the math, it was actually 329 rushing yards with 5 TD's in his 6 starts...which adds up to about 55 yards and 1 TD per game ...

That is sheer greatness huh?

You can always tell a McDaniels fan from their stupidity. First off, Hillis didn't start six games at RB. Second, many rookies aren't first on their depth chart but show what they have after getting their shot. What does that have to do with anything? Aside from that, your stats are completely wrong. Not that this is surprising. You would have to try your hardest to spin it in order to continue to defend McDaniels moves. It is like that for every McDaniels move.

The thing I don't understand is why anyone claiming to be a Broncos fan would care to defend McDaniels so much. He just caused the worst season in this franchises history and embarrassed the franchise with cheating. I could see why a raiders fan would like what he did here....

errand
04-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Since when did people not know who Foster is? Everyone gives him props and knows who he is. He was screwed on this voting because there is an even better player on his team. A player that has been well known for years and had a good season. Hillis doesn't have that problem.

You are just racist. You make it about race while ignoring the obvious facts. Others see 1600 yards, 13 TDs, 4.4 ypc, 60 receptions, and a guy that runs over defenses(not around).

Arian Foster was an undrafted rookie FA that had no carries in '08....but he did show flashes towards the end of '09, but nothing that would have led even the Texans to think he'd have the monster season he had...in fact his '09 season saw him start the last two games gaining 97 in one 119 in the other...nice but nothing that screamed "this kid is primed to run wild in '10"

jhns
04-19-2011, 04:51 PM
Arian Foster was an undrafted rookie FA that had no carries in '08....but he did show flashes towards the end of '09, but nothing that would have led even the Texans to think he'd have the monster season he had...in fact his '09 season saw him start the last two games gaining 97 in one 119 in the other...nice but nothing that screamed "this kid is primed to run wild in '10"

What does this have to do with anything? I think you got lost in the conversation. Not surprising that a McDaniels fan can't keep up.

errand
04-19-2011, 05:05 PM
You can always tell a McDaniels fan from their stupidity.

glad to meet you Mr. Pot

First off, Hillis didn't start six games at RB.

Umm, yes he did, but don't take my word for it.....http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HillPe00.htm

Second, many rookies aren't first on their depth chart but show what they have after getting their shot. What does that have to do with anything?

Nothing really...just pointing out that had a few injuries not occur we never would have even seen Hillis play in '08 because he clearly hadn't shown Mike or Bobby or Rick much at all prior to Torain going down and he was the last clown standing. BTW, We've had numerous rookie RB's start for us very early in the season...difference is they were clearly better than the guys they played in front of

Aside from that, your stats are completely wrong. Not that this is surprising. You would have to try your hardest to spin it in order to continue to defend McDaniels moves. It is like that for every McDaniels move.

How are my stats completely wrong? It's what the NFL record books say his numbers were. what's not suprising is you providing the proof my stats posted are not accurate, I maybe alot of things but I'm generally known for finding and posting accurate numbers...again don't take my word for it though, ask around

The thing I don't understand is why anyone claiming to be a Broncos fan would care to defend McDaniels so much. He just caused the worst season in this franchises history and embarrassed the franchise with cheating. I could see why a raiders fan would like what he did here....

It's not so much defending Mcdaniels as it is proving you're just a ****ing idiot

In Bold

errand
04-19-2011, 05:10 PM
What does this have to do with anything? I think you got lost in the conversation. Not surprising that a McDaniels fan can't keep up.

Really?, you cannot be this ****ing stupid...then again, maybe you are.

you posted this -Since when did people not know who Foster is?

I posted telling you prior to '10, nobody outside of the Texan's locker room had ever heard of this kid

errand
04-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Only in Hillis' dreams is he anywhere near the class of these three.

Agreed, but then again you're on the orangemane, where QB's that win games and lead this team to the playoffs but don't have cannon arms are trashed and chumps that frown and sulk and lose 60% of their starts while throwing laser guided INT's are lauded as the greatest since John.

HAT
04-19-2011, 05:15 PM
You act like Hillis hasn't produced as his last season was 1600 yards, 61 receptions, 4.4 ypc, and 13 TDs. There is not a non division rival RB that has produced like that and not been called very good by me. Hillis even did this with no help at all. He had about as much production as everyone else on that offense, combined. Don't let your racism get in the way of facts though.

Again, you are missing the point. Hillis is a good RB and absolutely has produced on the field. Nobody is trying to take that away from him.

The point is, his production does not match his popularity. And I'm not just talking about popularity with Broncos or Browns fans. All you need to know is right there in the madden voting. The proof is in the pudding. Same with Woodhead.

If you actually think his 1,100 yard rushing season is the reason he is in the finals of this silly vote over former rushing champs, league MVP candidates & beat the current SB MVP head to head you are dumber than I originally thought.

And how can you call me a racist if you don't know what race I am? What race am I being intolerant toward? What race am I calling superior or inferior?

errand
04-19-2011, 05:22 PM
Again, you are missing the point. Hillis is a good RB and absolutely has produced on the field. Nobody is trying to take that away from him.

The point is, his production does not match his popularity. And I'm not just talking about popularity with Broncos or Browns fans. All you need to know is right there in the madden voting. The proof is in the pudding. Same with Woodhead.

If you actually think his 1,100 yard rushing season is the reason he is in the finals of this silly vote over former rushing champs, league MVP candidates & beat the current SB MVP head to head you are dumber than I originally thought.

And how can you call me a racist if you don't know what race I am? What race am I being intolerant toward? What race am I calling superior or inferior?

Exactly,

In fact i'll dare say the only reason he's calling you a racist is for the reason most people like him call others the same name - to shut you up, to silence you.

extralife
04-19-2011, 06:27 PM
what I don't get at all is why people here <i>hate</i> Hillis. what did he ever do to any of you?

oh wait, you don't hate Hillis. you just hate everyone else, and they happen to like Hillis. my bad.

errand
04-19-2011, 06:41 PM
what I don't get at all is why people here <i>hate</i> Hillis. what did he ever do to any of you?

oh wait, you don't hate Hillis. you just hate everyone else, and they happen to like Hillis. my bad.

you need to go back the old Hillis threads...it all started with us wonbdering why he wasn't playing alot under McDaniels, and it evolved to where people on here claimed it was just Josh keeping him down because he didn't like him, etc.

I don't hate him, but I'll admit alot his defenders sure make it hard to like him, mainly because they see what he did in Cleveland and think it's proof he'd have done likewise here in Denver under Josh's gameplan. In fact they cheered more for the Browns to win with hillis than for the Broncos to win without him

Dr. Broncenstein
04-19-2011, 07:00 PM

Hatred for Hillis is directly proportional to butthurt over McDaniels.

Missouribronc
04-19-2011, 08:08 PM

Pointing out the reality of what he was in a Broncos uniform isn't "hating." He was a backup fullback and a third-string running back, who started six games and averaged 55 yards per game as a starter.

That's what he was for the first two years of his career.

I have all the respect in the world for what Hillis was able to do last year. He made the most of being a fourth-string running back and watching all three running backs in front of him get injured so he could get playing time.

He worked real hard to get those three players injured. Once he worked hard to get those players injured, he played well on Sundays.

HAT
04-19-2011, 08:19 PM
People don't hate Hillis. He is a hugely popular RB who rushed for 3.6 inches more than Moreno did every time he carried the ball last year.

And he only fumbles a lot because his biceps are so huge. :strong:

Dedhed
04-19-2011, 09:16 PM
You can always tell a McDaniels fan from their stupidity. First off, Hillis didn't start six games at RB. Second, many rookies aren't first on their depth chart but show what they have after getting their shot. What does that have to do with anything? Aside from that, your stats are completely wrong. Not that this is surprising. You would have to try your hardest to spin it in order to continue to defend McDaniels moves. It is like that for every McDaniels move.

You know you're the only one talking about that ex coach right?

jhns
04-19-2011, 09:30 PM

Sorry, I wasn't aware certain races weren't able to be racist. My bad.

jhns
04-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Really?, you cannot be this ****ing stupid...then again, maybe you are.

you posted this -Since when did people not know who Foster is?

I posted telling you prior to '10, nobody outside of the Texan's locker room had ever heard of this kid

Again, what does that have to do with anything?

HAT
04-19-2011, 09:34 PM
Sorry, I wasn't aware certain races weren't able to be racist. My bad.

Okay....That might justify not knowing what race I am as being a non-factor.

But please, feel free to substantiate how I am a racist? What traits of the standard definition have I exhibited?

rac·ism
   [rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA
–noun
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

jhns
04-19-2011, 09:38 PM
In Bold

Your stats are wrong.

He didn't start 6 games at RB. Two were at FB.

You are just a sad little McDaniels fan.

jhns
04-19-2011, 09:39 PM
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement

I don't think I could have put it any better myself.

Also, I don't think Vick was at all the best QB last season. It is just how the voting turned out. A lot of great players weren't even on there because they were on teams with talent...

HAT
04-19-2011, 09:48 PM
I don't think I could have put it any better myself.

Also, I don't think Vick was at all the best QB last season. It is just how the voting turned out. A lot of great players weren't even on there because they were on teams with talent...

Say what? I hold no such belief or subscribe to no such doctrine. I don't believe for a second that Hillis being white is why he is not a pro bowl caliber RB. Nor do I think that other races make better RB's (Or any position)

Have you always tested low in reading comprehension?

Missouribronc
04-19-2011, 09:58 PM
People don't hate Hillis. He is a hugely popular RB who rushed for 3.6 inches more than Moreno did every time he carried the ball last year.

And he only fumbles a lot because his biceps are so huge. :strong:

Facts aren't convenient to Jay's argument here. They also aren't very convenient to the "if Hillis was a Bronco, Denver would be in the Super Bowl" crowd, either.

broncocalijohn
04-19-2011, 10:34 PM
you need to go back the old Hillis threads...it all started with us wonbdering why he wasn't playing alot under McDaniels, and it evolved to where people on here claimed it was just Josh keeping him down because he didn't like him, etc.

I don't hate him, but I'll admit alot his defenders sure make it hard to like him, mainly because they see what he did in Cleveland and think it's proof he'd have done likewise here in Denver under Josh's gameplan. In fact they cheered more for the Browns to win with hillis than for the Broncos to win without him

Maybe you should go back to the Hillis thread and any before his trade and see that WE saw what he can do WHILE A MEMBER OF THE BRONCOS! It was Josh that couldnt see film from the year before that he had something in a running back be it a starter or backup to Moreno.

maven
04-20-2011, 12:35 AM
Hills popularity is because he's a bruiser, big white running back. Rushing for 1100 yards and 10 td's surely isn't the reason because there's nothing special about the stats.

It has nothing to do with being a 7th round pick or awaiting his chance. Working hard and making the most of his opportunity.

It's clear as day as why he's popular right now. He's a big white rb with a highlight reel.

errand
04-20-2011, 04:05 AM
Maybe you should go back to the Hillis thread and any before his trade and see that WE saw what he can do WHILE A MEMBER OF THE BRONCOS! It was Josh that couldnt see film from the year before that he had something in a running back be it a starter or backup to Moreno.

Ok, let's for ****s and giggles say you're right...Josh was blind and didn't or refused to see his immense talents as a RB on film.

What about during practice? What about the OC? what about the RB coach, and what about his own team mates? I've not read nor heard of one solitary player or coach that spoke up for Hillis getting more carries in '09.

Surely a handful of coaches, and 50 some odd players cannot all be blind can they?

And again you have to explain why a coach would see this alleged talent and purposefully keep him out of games?

errand
04-20-2011, 04:21 AM
Your stats are wrong.

He didn't start 6 games at RB. Two were at FB.

You are just a sad little McDaniels fan.

Ok...fair enough...we'll toss out his 2 games he started as FB and only use stats for the 4 games he started as a RB

his totals are as follows - 65 carries for 329 yards 5.0 average (83 yards per game) and 5 TD's....oh, and he caught 6 passes for 59 yards and 0 TD's

So what stands out that makes you say he's all that and a bag of chips?

His ypc average? If that was an indicator then why are you b****ing about Tatum bell not playing? He averaged 5.7 yards per carry as our starter...hell P.J. Pope averaged 7.6 yards per carry, and I've not heard a peep from any of you so called un-biased bastards.

jhns
04-20-2011, 07:05 AM
Say what? I hold no such belief or subscribe to no such doctrine. I don't believe for a second that Hillis being white is why he is not a pro bowl caliber RB. Nor do I think that other races make better RB's

Have you always tested low in reading comprehension?

You have stated multiple times that he only gets votes because he is white. That fits the definition... You see race where race shouldn't play a roll. You can't even fathom others liking the guy for his run you over style of play or his production. This makes you racist.

jhns
04-20-2011, 07:10 AM
Ok...fair enough...we'll toss out his 2 games he started as FB and only use stats for the 4 games he started as a RB

his totals are as follows - 65 carries for 329 yards 5.0 average (83 yards per game) and 5 TD's....oh, and he caught 6 passes for 59 yards and 0 TD's

So what stands out that makes you say he's all that and a bag of chips?

His ypc average? If that was an indicator then why are you b****ing about Tatum bell not playing? He averaged 5.7 yards per carry as our starter...hell P.J. Pope averaged 7.6 yards per carry, and I've not heard a peep from any of you so called un-biased bastards.

I have no intention of continuing this argument. McDaniels fans just aren't on my level. I will just say that of course you don't understand. You would have had to watch this team before McDaniels got here.

BTW, that is over 1300 yards a season with that average. I know, it would suck to have a RB capable of more than 1000 yards a year. It is so easy to pick out McDaniels fans.

Requiem
04-20-2011, 07:25 AM
Laughoutloud.

HAT
04-20-2011, 08:41 AM
You have stated multiple times that he only gets votes because he is white. That fits the definition... You see race where race shouldn't play a roll. You can't even fathom others liking the guy for his run you over style of play or his production. This makes you racist.

LULZ. I wish I could just make up new definitions of words as needed. Done with you in this thread.

jhns
04-20-2011, 08:53 AM
LULZ. I wish I could just make up new definitions of words as needed. Done with you in this thread.

Don't be a little girl and run from who you really are. You should be proud of who you are or you should be looking to change who you are. Being ashamed of yourself is no way to live.

HAT
04-20-2011, 08:55 AM
You only prove my point...

http://rob.nu/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Facepalm-1.jpeg

No, you're point was that Hillis so popular because he was a 7th round pick that became a starter and put up some ok stats.

Sharpe, Smith & TD all came from the same situation.....Late round draft picks or undrafted and became PRO BOWLERS.

Yet there is no way in hell that Sharpe or Smith would beat out half of this bracket if they were in their prime today. Never mind head to head against the current SB MVP QB.

TD might have made it to the semis or so because he rushed for 2000+. Oh wait, so did Chris Johnson and he didn't make it past the first round. TD in his prime was basically the equivalent of CJ & Peterson today......Yet the 1,100 yard rusher is more popular than both.

If TD was playing today....It's pretty clear that Hillis would be more popular nationally.

BroncoBuff
04-21-2011, 02:25 AM
Vick .... easy call.

But I'd pick Aaron Rodgers.

UberBroncoMan
04-21-2011, 02:48 AM
Vick .... easy call.

But I'd pick Aaron Rodgers.

Oh, he easily deserved it this year. Vick can suck it.

ZONA
04-21-2011, 02:55 AM
Obviously some of the popularity has to do with him being a white RB but alot of it also is his style of running. Sorta of a yesteryear type of guy. Today RB's are mostly about speed and cutting and it's not often you find RB's who take LB's head on.....and win. People love smash mouth running, white or black, or asian or whatever. But people liking him because he's a white guy playing RB is no different then people liking Vick because he's a black guy playing QB.