PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know anything about this safety from Wyoming?

Broncos4Life
04-18-2011, 12:01 AM
Chris Prosinski

UW This Season: Chris Prosinski is a leading All-Conference and All-America candidate in 2010. He was one of the top defensive backs in the country as a junior in 2009. He ranked No. 10 in the nation in tackles, averaging 10.8 tackles per game. Also an outstanding leader, he was voted a team captain by his teammates in the spring of 2010. He will enter his senior season having started the last 25 consecutive games at free safety for the Cowboys. Prosinski has 265 career tackles to his credit, and he needs only 10 more to break into the Top 10 list in career tackles at Wyoming. The Buffalo, Wyo., native concluded the 2009 season having recorded double figures in tackles in each of his last eight consecutive games.

2009: Prosinski was voted Second Team All-Mountain West Conference at the conclusion of the 2009 season in balloting by the nine MWC head coaches and media from around the conference. He led Wyoming in tackles in `09, with 140. That ranks as the fourth best single-season tackle total in Wyoming school history. He also led all MWC defensive backs in tackles in `09. His single-game high in 2009 was 17 tackles versus No. 2 Texas. That ranked as the 18th best single-game tackle total in the country in `09. He had 16 tackles versus No. 25 ranked BYU and 13 each versus UNLV and No. 4 ranked TCU. Against TCU, he also returned a fumble 98 yards for a touchdown. Prosinski was credited with 12 tackles on the road at No. 19 ranked Utah. He earned MWC Defensive Player of the Week honors for his performance at Colorado State. Prosinski had 10 tackles, forced one fumble and made a huge tackle on third down and goal at the Wyoming four-yard line that forced CSU into a field goal and kept the Cowboys within two points at 16-14. Wyoming would later kick a field goal to capture a 17-16 victory over CSU. For the second consecutive year, he earned Academic All-Conference recognition. Prosinski was named his team's Defensive Back of the Year at the annual awards banquet.

2008: In his first season as a starter, Prosinski earned Honorable Mention All-Conference accolades. He led the team in passes defended in 2008, with 12. That ranked him No. 4 in the MWC and No. 38 in the nation. He tied for the team lead in interceptions with senior linebacker Ward Dobbs -- each had three interceptions on the season. That also tied him for fourth best in the MWC and 96th nationally. Prosinski ranked No. 3 in total tackles for UW, with 88, and he ranked No. 15 in the Mountain West in that category. He had a season high 15 tackles at New Mexico. His other double-digit tackle performance came against Air Force, with 13 total tackles. He was credited with nine tackles in two other games -- versus Utah and at UNLV. Against North Dakota State, Prosinski intercepted two passes, broke up a third pass and recorded seven tackles. His third interception of the season came in the season finale versus Colorado State. Prosinski achieved Academic All-Conference honors for the first time in his UW career.

2007: While Prosinski did not start any games in 2007 as a redshirt freshman, he played a significant role for the Cowboy defense as a backup safety. Prosinski was credited with 37 total tackles, 15 solos and 22 assists. He also broke up one pass. Despite not starting, he ranked 12th on the Cowboy squad in tackles. His best individual game came against BYU as he was credited with 13 total tackles. He also had a six-tackle performance at Utah.

2006: Redshirted. During the `06 season, Prosinski received a very exclusive honor as he was named one of only five former high school football student-athletes in the nation as a 2006 National Football Foundation (NFF) National High School Scholar-Athlete. Prosinski was the West Region honoree. Of all the high school football players in the nation approximately 2,500 are honored annually by the 120 NFF chapters across the country with NFF scholarships. From those 2,500 scholarship recipients only five receive the National High School Scholar-Athlete award.

High School: Prosinski was named the Offensive Player of the Year in the state of Wyoming by the Casper Star-Tribune. He was also named to the Super 25 by the Star-Tribune. Prosinski led Buffalo to back-to-back Wyoming 4A State titles and a 22-game winning streak during his junior and senior seasons. Prosinski played quarterback for the Buffalo Bison. Prosinski threw for 592 yards and eight touchdowns, and ran for 703 yards and 17 TDs from his quarterback position. He also excelled as a punt returner, averaging 23.5 yards per punt return. He returned two punts for touchdowns. In football, Prosinski was a two-time All-State selection and was the 4A East Player of the Year. He competed for the North Team in the 2006 Shrine Bowl of Wyoming. An outstanding basketball player, Prosinski played for his father Paul, who was the Buffalo High head basketball coach. Buffalo won the 3A State Championship in basketball his senior season, posting a 23-2 record. Prosinski earned All-State honors for the second consecutive year and was named Player of the Game in the State Championship game. As a track and field performer, he won the state championship in the long jump as a junior, and captured three individual state championships in the long jump, 110 hurdles and 100-meter dash as a senior. He set Buffalo High School records in the long jump, 110 hurdles, 300 hurdles and 4x400 relay. Prosinski achieved a perfect 4.00 grade-point average in high school. He was the 2006 Milward Simpson Award winner in the state of Wyoming.

Personal: Born April 28, 1987, he is the son of Kim and Paul Prosinski, he played for head football coach Pat Lynch at Buffalo High School. Prosinski was also recruited by Air Force, Boise State, Colorado State, Georgia Tech, Harvard, Montana State, Princeton and Utah State. He is majoring in business at Wyoming.

Seems like a hell of an athlete and leader to me. Man I hope Denver gives this guy a look.

HAT
04-18-2011, 12:46 AM
I do now. ^5

Bronco Rob
04-18-2011, 05:53 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Fa3Sk2JyETc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

;)

scorpio
04-18-2011, 06:34 AM
He's from my hometown, dad was my middle school art teacher, lived a few houses down from one of my good friends.

I saw him play a few times at UW but I didn't have my scout hat on. People I know who live in Laramie love him as a player.

Funny story: One evening a bunch of us are sleeping over at said friend's house, running around the neighborhood after midnight playing kick the can or something, when Mr. Prosinski launches himself out of the bushes and spears my buddy right into the concrete in the middle of the street.

Turns out some other kids we knew were running around knocking on doors and he thought it was us. Art class was a little awkward on Monday.

So anyway, he can probably tackle.

2KBack
04-18-2011, 06:39 AM
judging 100% from that video (so for whatever this is worth), it seems like he would make a decent in the box safety. I didn't see much in regards to coverage.

Would have been a damn good Linebacker highlight video to be honest

oubronco
04-18-2011, 06:41 AM
Looks like a solid open field tackler with good speed

HooptyHoops
04-18-2011, 08:06 AM
He looks like a heat seeking missile! Nice!

TheChamp24
04-18-2011, 08:10 AM
What are his measurables?

TheChamp24
04-18-2011, 08:55 AM
Well holy shiznit, he actually ran a 4.39 and 4.44 at his Pro Day. Apparently everybody views him as a 6th-7th rounder at best.

TheReverend
04-18-2011, 08:57 AM
UDFA in a ****ty safety class... and that's best case scenario, imo

TheReverend
04-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Side note: Disgusting to let a safety wear 24.

driver
04-18-2011, 01:20 PM
Side note: Disgusting to let a safety wear 24.

Jeez, nit-picker. Recruited as a DB, a little too stiff to stay with the wr's in the mwc. He's a good safety though, solid worker, good tackler size and speed, no head case either, doesn't think the world rises and sets in his a__.
Comes from a good family. Might not even be drafted, not too many from Wyo. are, if he is it'll be late 6 or 7. I've been wondering if anybody was paying attn. Haven't seen any mention on any of the "expert boards". Hoping the Bronc's get him they need all the safety help they can get. Give him a year with some good coaches and playing w/Dawkins he might turn into something special.

TheReverend
04-18-2011, 02:12 PM
Jeez, nit-picker. Recruited as a DB, a little too stiff to stay with the wr's in the mwc. He's a good safety though, solid worker, good tackler size and speed, no head case either, doesn't think the world rises and sets in his a__.

Congrats, you just described almost every scout team player in the NFL.

Comes from a good family. Might not even be drafted, not too many from Wyo. are, if he is it'll be late 6 or 7. I've been wondering if anybody was paying attn. Haven't seen any mention on any of the "expert boards". Hoping the Bronc's get him they need all the safety help they can get. Give him a year with some good coaches and playing w/Dawkins he might turn into something special.

It would be an AWESOME story if he could make it and for his sake I hope he does! ...but lets look at your own post above.

If he can't stay with WRs in the MWC how in the hell do you expect him to be something special after a year with coaching and Dawkins?

Jetmeck
04-18-2011, 02:24 PM
Exactly what I was thinking, we need a safety that can cover a little bit. We have Gates to contend with and besides Lynch and Dawkins are great and all but they couldn't cover their own asses.

Missouribronc
04-18-2011, 02:28 PM
He's from my hometown, dad was my middle school art teacher, lived a few houses down from one of my good friends.

I saw him play a few times at UW but I didn't have my scout hat on. People I know who live in Laramie love him as a player.

Funny story: One evening a bunch of us are sleeping over at said friend's house, running around the neighborhood after midnight playing kick the can or something, when Mr. Prosinski launches himself out of the bushes and spears my buddy right into the concrete in the middle of the street.

Turns out some other kids we knew were running around knocking on doors and he thought it was us. Art class was a little awkward on Monday.

So anyway, he can probably tackle.

This, and the Simpsons Avatar have me sold.

oubronco
04-18-2011, 02:31 PM
Kinda reminded me of Weddle when he came out

driver
04-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Congrats, you just described almost every scout team player in the NFL.

It would be an AWESOME story if he could make it and for his sake I hope he does! ...but lets look at your own post above.

If he can't stay with WRs in the MWC how in the hell do you expect him to be something special after a year with coaching and Dawkins?
1. He's not going to be locked up in man coverage on the number1 or 2 wr.
2. His natural position is ss in cover 2 or zone.
3 His coaching at UW sucked big time.
4 Take a chance nobody thoiught much of Lynch coming out of Stanford and Chris is faster than Lynch was.
5 Your natural position is.........?

Chris
04-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Was he the really white dude at the combine? There was some safety that stood out like a sore thumb and the name sounds familiar.

TheReverend
04-18-2011, 03:28 PM
1. He's not going to be locked up in man coverage on the number1 or 2 wr.

These are pros not the MWC genius

2. His natural position is ss in cover 2 or zone.

No ****... 95%+ of every play for a safety is zone or blitzing. They only go man in RARE cases and usually only when the defensive personnel is off. Does NOT change the fact that he has to cover the player in his zone.

3 His coaching at UW sucked big time.

Like the vast majority of college coaching.

4 Take a chance nobody thoiught much of Lynch coming out of Stanford and Chris is faster than Lynch was.

A chance in UDFA? Sure. With a pick? Ha!

5 Your natural position is.........?

Not sure what you're even asking here...

If it's this, I played, FB, RB, S and CB, but only CB in college.

TheReverend
04-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Was he the really white dude at the combine? There was some safety that stood out like a sore thumb and the name sounds familiar.

Nope.

This "John Lynch" future star wasn't invited to the combine even though they brought in over 300 players this year...

Guess what else that means? His times, height and weight are probably significantly worse than advertised too.

GoHAM
04-18-2011, 03:50 PM

Nope, he wasn't invited to the combine.

He's an intelligent, high effort, hard working guy who was being projected as an UDFA until he ran the 4.39 40 and had a terrific workout at UW's pro-day.

I personally don't see him as much more than a special teams guy in the NFL, I think he is athletically limited at the next level and is really more of a downhill in the box type safety.

His biggest and best games always game against Air Force and their triple option attack, as that played right into his strengths. He's a tackling machine, but not a playmaker.

I hope he gets drafted and has a successful career.

Cmac821
04-18-2011, 04:57 PM
My avatar will not let me root for this guy untill he is in Orange and Blue

driver
04-18-2011, 05:23 PM
Not sure what you're even asking here...

If it's this, I played, FB, RB, S and CB, but only CB in college.[/QUOTE]

can't believe I'm on this thread for the third time, after all the Hillis thread I sort of said post and move on.
But this is intriguing , I was just wondering if your natural position is ; resident expert ON EVERYTHING LOL

TheReverend
04-18-2011, 05:54 PM
can't believe I'm on this thread for the third time, after all the Hillis thread I sort of said post and move on.
But this is intriguing , I was just wondering if your natural position is ; resident expert ON EVERYTHING LOL

So you'd rather go with that than try to actually reinforce your "opinion" on the thread subject?

Sounds legit, bro.

DarkHorse
04-18-2011, 06:13 PM
Same birthday as me - April 28th - which means he's probably just too damn sexy for the NFL.

Draft begins on April 28th........... i'm telling you guys - I feel a great birthday present coming from the Broncos this year :afro:

KipCorrington25
04-18-2011, 06:57 PM
The next Ed McCaffrey...

He's white, right?

TheReverend
04-30-2011, 10:58 AM
UDFA in a ****ty safety class... and that's best case scenario, imo

Woops!

:rofl:

jebures
04-30-2011, 11:24 AM
Woops!

:rofl:

i got him in our UDFA round, not bad value there. My Chris Carter pick at 96 is not looking so hot right now though

TheReverend
04-30-2011, 12:00 PM
i got him in our UDFA round, not bad value there. My Chris Carter pick at 96 is not looking so hot right now though

Kris O'Dowd looks like a monster whiff for me lol

maher_tyler
04-30-2011, 12:06 PM
I was listening to Move The Chains yesterday on my way home from work and i think it was Pat Kirwan(sp?) and he said he thought he was the best safety in the draft...