PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Peterson Fanboys: Watcha gonna do and who you gonna blame when Denver doesn't select him?

bronco0608
04-17-2011, 01:17 PM
Patrick Peterson Fanboys: Watcha gonna do and who you gonna blame when Denver doesn't select him?

All this yapping and Peterson has one big problem: Denver is not taking him. Fortunately, no one in our front office is stupid enough to take a CB with the 2nd overall choice. With the 8th choice, sure. But not the 2nd overall pick.

But heads must roll for the Peterson Fanboys when Denver invariably passes over Peterson. How stupid can our front office be they will yell! So Peterson Fanboys, who you gonna blame? You have four choices:

1) Brian Xanders -- the most obvious and easiest choice. Has been a lightning rod for criticism since he arrived. I suspect he will win the blame game.

2) John Fox -- how much authority does he have? We shall see. But I suspect the fanboys will level a fair share of criticism towards him. This is the immortal Patrick Peterson we are talking about. I heard he can turn water into gatorade.

3) John Elway -- the darkhorse in the blame game. Blame Elway? Blasphemy! But this is the great Patrick Peterson we are talking about. The greatest cornerback to ever set foot on a football field. The man who can single-handedly prevent a team from scoring!

4) Pat Bowlen -- Gutless drunk does it again!!

If I had to put money on it, I'm rolling with Xanders getting the lionshare of the blame. But you never know.

Requiem
04-17-2011, 01:21 PM
I'm going to blame you, because you are a turd-sniffing bog trotter.

bronco0608
04-17-2011, 01:22 PM

If I knew what that was, I probably would be pissed.

Requiem
04-17-2011, 01:24 PM
It is better to be pissed off than pissed on buddy. Unfortunately, you prefer the R. Kelly take.

TheReverend
04-17-2011, 01:24 PM
5) Option "happy we got a good defensive prospect anyway and you're a tool"

Broncos_OTM
04-17-2011, 01:28 PM
Fanboys... HA! i aint heard that in a while... usually its in the video game wars...

Requiem
04-17-2011, 01:31 PM
If we land Dareus or Peterson at #2, I'm stoked. Them in a trade down? Awesome.

I'll be fine with Miller or Jordan in a trade down as well.

Jerry Curl
04-17-2011, 01:32 PM
Where's the option to blame McDaniels?

HAT
04-17-2011, 01:32 PM
Are you dense? 99% of the people who prefer BPA (Peterson)....Will be fine with Miller or Dareus also...Maybe even Fairley.

You are missing the point 100% by labeling people who want Peterson 'fanboys'.
You may as well create a thread titled......."People who think BPA is a better draft philosophy, watcha gonna do when Denver selects for need"

As for blame....that will be easy when the time comes. If Denver picks Dareus and 2 years from now he is not head and shoulders better than the Fairley, Liuget, Austin, Paea, Wilkerson, etc....AND either Miller or Peterson look like they are on their way to becoming Reed/Polamalu type players...Game changing perennial pro bowlers. The blame will fall on Elway and Elway alone. Not for missing on a pick, because that happens to the best of them. But for playing it safe. Just like the Fox hire.

HEAV
04-17-2011, 01:35 PM
This is the worst offseason EVER

bronco0608
04-17-2011, 01:36 PM
This is the worst offseason EVER

Give it time. It can get worse.

But ranking this offseason over the Cutler/Shanahan/Trade offseason? Wow, big statement.

Ziggy
04-17-2011, 01:59 PM
Patrick Peterson Fanboys: Watcha gonna do and who you gonna blame when Denver doesn't select him?

Common sense.

Shananahan
04-17-2011, 02:04 PM
You need to really have some kind of deep, pathetic need for arguing with strangers and being right all the time to make a thread like this.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-17-2011, 02:16 PM
God you're a loser. The constant Peterson thread are starting to border on sad and pathetic.

HAT
04-17-2011, 02:16 PM
You need to really have some kind of deep, pathetic need for arguing with strangers and being right all the time to make a thread like this.

It really is a pathetic thread considering he probably couldn't find 3 posters on the 'Mane who will be genuinely pissed if Peterson isn't the selection. Obviously his reading comprehension is next to nothing if he feels otherwise.

And to top it all off......His poll sucks too. Any 'Maner worth their salt would've included Griese in any poll involving blame.

Play2win
04-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Brian Griese.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-17-2011, 02:30 PM
OP needs a new hero.

Pick Six
04-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Brian Griese.

Exactly. You can always tell a relatively new poster, because the "Griese" option is not there...ROFL!

Blueflame
04-17-2011, 02:58 PM
Where's the option to blame McDaniels?

On Rams forums? ???

worm
04-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Whatsamatter OP? Didn't your idiotic Suh\Revis poll express your feelings enough on this subject?

Tombstone RJ
04-17-2011, 03:47 PM

LOL

HAT
04-17-2011, 03:50 PM
Whatsamatter OP? Didn't your idiotic Suh\Revis poll express your feelings enough on this subject?

Rev absolutely owned him in posts #37 & 47 of that thread so he gave up and started this one.....Which is actually worse.

Shananahan
04-17-2011, 03:59 PM
Maybe he's just a very lonely masochist.

bronco0608
04-17-2011, 04:13 PM
More sensitive than I thought. It's gonna be alright, I guarantee it.

Archer81
04-17-2011, 04:23 PM
I'd be fine with Peterson or Dareus or trading down a few spots and getting Miller if the other two are not there. Denver needs talent, where on defense that talent is going to be doesnt matter as much as getting talent in the first place.

This thread is not winning, BTW.

:Broncos:

teknic
04-17-2011, 04:40 PM
I don't know why people seem to believe that if the Broncos were to select Peterson, they would be ignoring the issues with the defensive line. We have more than one pick guys, and the majority of productive defensive lineman in the NFL weren't selected in the first round. I would even go as far as saying more DL busts have been taken in the high first round than stars.

Especially in a draft that is noted for having great depth at the DT position, the need to select one of them at #2 is greatly diminished. Unless Elway and Fox really like one of them, then I'd rather pass on Dareus and Fairley at 2.

Let's look at the top defensive lines in the NFL (no particular order):

Minnesota
Jared Allen - 4th round
Kevin Williams - 1st round (9)
Pat Williams - Undrafted
Ray Edwards - 4th round

Giants
Justin Tuck - 4th Round
Osi Umenyiora - 2nd Round
Chris Canty - 4th Round
Rocky Bernard -5th Round

Chicago
Julius Peppers - 1st round (2)
Anthony Adams -2nd round
Israel Idonije - Undrafted
Henry Melton - 4th round

Baltimore
Haloti Ngata -1st round (12)
Kelly Gregg - 6th round
Cory Redding - 2nd round
Terrence Cody - 2nd round
Paul Kruger - 2nd round

Pittsburgh
Casey Hampton - 1st round (19)
Brett Keisel - 7th round
Nick Eason - 4th round
Ziggy Hood - 1st round (pick 32...)

Packers
Bj Raji - 1st round (9)
Cullen Jenkins - Undrafted
Ryan Pickett - 1st round (29)
CJ Wilson - 7th Round

Titans
Jason Babin - 1st round (27)
San'Derrick Marks - 2nd round
Jason Jones - 2nd round
William Hayes - 4th round
Jovan Haye -6th round

Philly
Trent Cole - 5th round
Antonio Dixon - Undrafted
Mike Patterson - 1st round (31)
Juqua Parker - Undrafted
Brandon Graham - 1st round (13)

The majority of DTs on the top defensive units did not come from the top 10 picks in the draft. I don't see why people can't get it through their head that we need to hit on this pick and take the top defensive player available. We can always trade back into the first and/or pick up some defensive lineman in the second round. Just as a top 10 defensive lineman isn't guaranteed to be good, picking up DTs later in the draft doesn't mean they won't be productive starters. Looking at the number of DL busts selected in the top 10, I'd rather address the position later, unless Elway and Fox feel that Dareus or Fairley are far ahead of the other available players.

Or, look at the other top DTs in the league (again, no particular order):

Jonathan Babineaux - 2nd round

Sedrick Ellis - 1st round (7)

Jay Ratliff - 7th round

Brandon Mebane - 3rd round

Vince Wilfork -1st round (21)

Tony Brown - Undrafted

Marcus Stroud (Past his prime, but whatever) - 1st round (13)

John Henderson (also past his prime) - 1st round (9)

Albert Haynesworth - 1st round (15)

Ndamukong Suh - 1st round (2)

Kyle Williams - 5th round

Darnell Dockett -3rd round

I'm not against taking a defensive lineman at 2, but to say we're ignoring the need if we don't take one is stupid. Can you really claim that Dareus or Fairley are significantly better prospects than the other DTs that went in the first round on this list (hint, the answer is no. unless you can tell the future, in which case you should buy me a lottery ticket). Next time someone tries to start that bull**** in a thread, copy and paste this post.

HILife
04-17-2011, 04:47 PM
sigh. Why are you trying to start trouble.

HAT
04-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Excellent post teknic but probably wasted on this thread. There are many threads with good discussion about DT or BPA spread around the mane.

Unfortunately, the clown who started this thread just has some illogical, personal hate for Peterson. Kinda like tailgate nut/Tebow, dragster/Orton, etc.

The funny thing is....Of course Peterson is an underdog to be drafted by Denver. Yet Numb-nuts here will bump this thread on draft day like it's some genius prediction.

Right now I'd say the odds are probably:
Dareus 30%
Miller 25%
Fairley 20%
Peterson 15%
Other 10%

DrFate
04-17-2011, 05:24 PM
Dareus 30%
Miller 25%
Fairley 20%
Peterson 15%
Other 10%

Good assessment (assuming no trade)

FireFly
04-17-2011, 05:39 PM
Interesting thought actually from this thread regarding blaming elway: how long can the broncos suck before people DO blame him? I have a feeling he'll be given far more latitude because of who is is, I don't know if fans will ever be able to blame him, will Bowlen hold him accountable? If xanders got fired, would the duke be next on the chopping block? Ever?

ZachKC
04-17-2011, 05:43 PM
More sensitive than I thought. It's gonna be alright, I guarantee it.

There must be a ton of fan boys to make this thread.

List 8 of them.

TheChamp24
04-17-2011, 08:55 PM
I guess I'm a "Peterson fanboy".
I just think he would be a great option since he is such a great talent.
Do I think the Broncos "need" to take him? No. But completely not even considering him is idiotic.

TheReverend
04-17-2011, 09:04 PM
There are twenty thousand variations of this I'd prefer to use, but TJ has gotten frustrated with me enough over the years, so I'll just leave this here:

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/uploads/post-111513-1291462121.jpg

Dedhed
04-17-2011, 09:18 PM
This dude has been one of my least favorite posters since he first landed here. I absolutely love that he's turned himself into the new mane OP.

I will forever more only respond to his posts with "Thanks OP!"

HAT
04-17-2011, 09:18 PM
Interesting thought actually from this thread regarding blaming elway: how long can the broncos suck before people DO blame him? I have a feeling he'll be given far more latitude because of who is is, I don't know if fans will ever be able to blame him, will Bowlen hold him accountable? If xanders got fired, would the duke be next on the chopping block? Ever?

I will have no problem blaming Elway for anything......Eventually.

I fully expect them to take Dareus if Carolina doesn't. Why? Because it's safe. Nothing wrong with that for a first year GM....Errrrrr, VP of football operations or whatever.

That's precisely why they went with Fox. Because he was the safe choice & basically everything that McD was not. Old vs. young. HC experience vs. rookie, defensive coach vs. offensive coach, etc, etc. And from a PR standpoint, it was the correct hire. Just like Dareus will be at #2.

BUT.....As I said earlier, if we are sitting here in 2013 lamenting the fact that Dareus has not separated himself from the many tier 2 DTs and Peterson or Miller are blowing up the league somewhere else, there will be nobody else to blame other than Elway.

The question that needs to be and will be answered in 11 days is if Elway the GM would've traded for Elway the QB 28 years ago because he was BPA or would he have taken the safe way out and just drafted a guy like Bruce Mathews at #4?

Ed Reeeeeeeeeeeeeed!

gunns
04-17-2011, 09:30 PM

Haven't been on the Mane long have you?

oubronco
04-17-2011, 09:36 PM
I would love it if they took Dareus but would have no problem if they took Peterson

HAT
04-17-2011, 09:56 PM
I would love it if they took Dareus but would have no problem if they took Peterson

Exactly why this is such a douchey thread....Most of us Peterson "fanboys" feel the exact same way in reverse. And feel free to add Miller into that argument for most.

tsiguy96
04-17-2011, 10:00 PM
Exactly why this is such a douchey thread....Most of us Peterson "fanboys" feel the exact same way in reverse. And feel free to add Miller into that argument for most.

yea no question. id be ecstatic with miller or dareus, happy with peterson, especially if he can live up to his potential. he seems to have a limitless ceiling, but the nature of the position limits what effect that will have on the field.

OBF1
04-17-2011, 10:16 PM
Seems like you are the only one acting like a fu cking child Get over your Peterson hating and grow up a little.

Dedhed
04-17-2011, 10:25 PM

I would love it if they took Peterson but would have no problem if they took Dareus.

teknic
04-17-2011, 10:57 PM

I would love it if they took Peterson but would have no problem if they took Dareus.

At this point, I'm leaning towards Miller or Fairley, but I wouldn't be entirely disappointed if we land Peterson or Dareus.

DarkHorse
04-18-2011, 12:37 AM
Are you dense? 99% of the people who prefer BPA (Peterson)....Will be fine with Miller or Dareus also...Maybe even Fairley.

You are missing the point 100% by labeling people who want Peterson 'fanboys'.
You may as well create a thread titled......."People who think BPA is a better draft philosophy, watcha gonna do when Denver selects for need"

As for blame....that will be easy when the time comes. If Denver picks Dareus and 2 years from now he is not head and shoulders better than the Fairley, Liuget, Austin, Paea, Wilkerson, etc....AND either Miller or Peterson look like they are on their way to becoming Reed/Polamalu type players...Game changing perennial pro bowlers. The blame will fall on Elway and Elway alone. Not for missing on a pick, because that happens to the best of them. But for playing it safe. Just like the Fox hire.

Thanks.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-18-2011, 07:02 AM
5) Option "happy we got a good defensive prospect anyway and you're a tool"

This. A lot.

worm
04-18-2011, 07:09 AM
There are twenty thousand variations of this I'd prefer to use, but TJ has gotten frustrated with me enough over the years, so I'll just leave this here:

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/uploads/post-111513-1291462121.jpg

Yeah...we are going to have to fine you $100,000 for posting this pic. We also want you to sing hymns with GLAAD to further purge your soul.

Garcia Bronco
04-18-2011, 08:04 AM
If we take a DB with the 2 pick, I'll be pissed. You don't take a DB when you need beef up front and this is a passing friendly league.

Garcia Bronco
04-18-2011, 08:07 AM
Excellent post teknic but probably wasted on this thread. There are many threads with good discussion about DT or BPA spread around the mane.

Unfortunately, the clown who started this thread just has some illogical, personal hate for Peterson. Kinda like tailgate nut/Tebow, dragster/Orton, etc.

The funny thing is....Of course Peterson is an underdog to be drafted by Denver. Yet Numb-nuts here will bump this thread on draft day like it's some genius prediction.

Dareus 30%
Miller 25%
Fairley 20%
Peterson 15%
Other 10%

All the best players he listed were taken in the first round

CEH
04-18-2011, 08:14 AM

I agree. Take all the 1st round talent off the teams he listed and those lines would not be even close to where they are at now.

Williams, Peppers, Rajii , Stroud, Henderson, Suh , Nagta

Not really swaying me to pass on elite DLine talent because of depth later

DrFate
04-18-2011, 08:23 AM
But the question remains - are these DT guys ELITE prospects?

You can't grab the best DT simply because that is a position of great need. You have to draft based on value.

BroncoInferno
04-18-2011, 08:49 AM
Not really swaying me to pass on elite DLine talent because of depth later

But that's the big question...is Dareus an ELITE DT prospect? I don't think he is. He is safer than some DT propects because he is further along with his fundamentals, but he did not have elite production in college. Good production, but not elite. He was never even a first-team all-conference player. He's solid, but did not dominate on a consistent basis at Alabama. If he wasn't elite at Alabama, it's hard to believe he will become that at the pro level. I still think Fairley is the better prospect if we go DT. He has the chance to be elite, though there is probably bigger bust potential. If you want a guy who's both elite and a safe pick, Peterson is the guy. I'd probably put Miller in that class, too.

beardedwonder
04-18-2011, 09:09 AM
Dumbest thread ever

The OP should get kicked in the nuts

HAT
04-18-2011, 09:27 AM
Dumbest thread ever

The OP should get kicked in the nuts

He has been for 3 pages now. ROFL!

Mountain Bronco
04-18-2011, 09:48 AM
Just because Peterson is the best talent in the draft, and I want to see him on the D, does not mean I will be pissed if they don't. If they take Dareus, that is also a smart move, now if they take a QB or Von Miller or anyone besides Dareus over Peterson, then I will be pissed at all of them, not one person, all.

D-Bag.

HAT
04-18-2011, 09:57 AM

Not counting the DE Peppers.....All of the TACKLES on that list were taken from pick #9 on down.....And several of the earlier picks were NT's who 3-4 defenses often pay a premium for.

Reasoning still stands IMO. At pick #2 Denver should go BPA on defense....Especially in a deep DT draft where we are switching to a 4-3. And just so you don't think I'm solely arguing for Peterson here.....I would be equally happy with Miller.

And lastly......This is not a one year fix!!! This is an incredibly weak class for Safeties & MIKES.

If they go Peterson #1 & DTs in the second.....Peterson gets one year with Champ and you patchwork the LBs & safeties with existing pieces and FA. Then next year you can target a stud MIKE & strong safety, move Champ to FS & have Peterson as CB1.

If they go Miller #1 & DT's in the second....You fill two needs with a SAM & someone besides Doom who can get after the QB.....Still move Champ to FS in 2012 & target a SS & CB1.

The second round LBs and CBs just aren't on Peterson's & Miller's levels. The second round DTs are not that far behind Dareus at a plug and play position. Dareus is not Suh. Not by a long shot.

errand
04-18-2011, 10:31 AM
I'm guessing this Petersen kid must have screwed your girlfriend or something.....who cares if we do or don't draft him? He's gonna be a good player by all accounts even if he falls to Mr. Irrelevant depths. Our defense needs help, DL, LB, DB....did i miss anyone? we need help at every part of our D...so getting a good player at DL is GOOD. Getting a good player at LB is GOOD...and getting a good player at DB is also GOOD.

errand
04-18-2011, 10:35 AM
If we take a DB with the 2 pick, I'll be pissed. You don't take a DB when you need beef up front and this is a passing friendly league.

i agree pressuring the QB should be our biggest priority on D...but i have to ask.....

If it's a pass friendly league, why wouldn't you want a very good CB?

HAT
04-18-2011, 10:44 AM
i agree pressuring the QB should be our biggest priority on D...but i have to ask.....

If it's a pass friendly league, why wouldn't you want a very good CB?

In before epicsocialism answers with because teams will simply throw away from that side of the field....

To which we say, the other side of the field is Champ....

To which they say, without a pass rush, QBs have all day to find WR3 & TE...

To which we say, Doom is coming back and Ayers should be more effective as a 4-3 DE.....

To which they say, but we suck against the run, we still need DTs

To which we say, of course, but Dareus has not separated himself from the tier 2 DT's like Miller & Peterson have. Get your DT(s) in the second.

To which they say, but nobody has ever taken a CB that high.

To which we say....Who gives a ****.

That pretty much sums up 100 pages on dozens of threads with the names Dareus or Peterson in the thread title. :yayaya:

Cleo McDowell
04-18-2011, 11:36 AM
In before epicsocialism answers with because teams will simply throw away from that side of the field....

To which we say, the other side of the field is Champ....

To which they say, without a pass rush, QBs have all day to find WR3 & TE...

To which we say, Doom is coming back and Ayers should be more effective as a 4-3 DE.....

To which they say, but we suck against the run, we still need DTs

To which we say, of course, but Dareus has not separated himself from the tier 2 DT's like Miller & Peterson have. Get your DT(s) in the second.

To which they say, but nobody has ever taken a CB that high.

To which we say....Who gives a ****.

That pretty much sums up 100 pages on dozens of threads with the names Dareus or Peterson in the thread title. :yayaya:

http://img1.ruliweb.daum.net/img2/img_manga3/10955_6.jpg

bronco0608
04-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Sorry guys, but Peterson is not the best prospect in the draft. Mike Mayock has Dareus as his number 1 prospect in the draft. Since Dareus is number one, the Broncos ARE selecting the best prospect in the draft.

See how easy that was?

TheReverend
04-18-2011, 12:12 PM
Sorry guys, but Peterson is not the best prospect in the draft. Mike Mayock has Dareus as his number 1 prospect in the draft. Since Dareus is number one, the Broncos ARE selecting the best prospect in the draft.

See how easy that was?

Can you do better than that or is that literally the best you've got?

HAT
04-18-2011, 12:22 PM
Can you do better than that or is that literally the best you've got?

I already told him in his other thread that for every 1 big board that has Dareus #1, I can show him 5 that have Peterson.

He ignored it so I guess Mayock is all he's got.

Mayock's top 5 in 2009?

Eugene Monroe
Michael Crabtree
Robert Ayers
Knowshon Moreno
Percy Harvin

Hilarious!

DrFate
04-18-2011, 12:23 PM
Mayock's top 5 in 2009?

Eugene Monroe
Michael Crabtree
Robert Ayers
Knowshon Moreno
Percy Harvin

Hilarious!

ouch

teknic
04-18-2011, 12:30 PM

See how easy that was?

If you're going to listen to Mike Mayock, then our Dline doesn't need help. We have the best DE of the draft from two years ago (Robert Ayers) according to him. Add Dumervil's return and we're okay on the line.

However, most realistic Broncos fans realize we need help on the line. I just don't feel like there is a need to draft a DT high. DTs rarely go as high as the #2 overall pick, unless they are elite prospects. Dareus doesn't compare favourably to the #2 overall pick from last year Suh, or maybe even #3 McCoy.

bronco0608
04-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Ok guys, what draftniks do you follow? If Mike Mayock gives you the ****s and giggles, what service should I be reading?

NFLBRONCO
04-18-2011, 01:00 PM

See how easy that was?

Seems easy but, imo Denver trading down is #1 option we need to stockpile picks to bolster this team next few years.

TheReverend
04-18-2011, 02:03 PM
Ok guys, what draftniks do you follow? If Mike Mayock gives you the ****s and giggles, what service should I be reading?

Novel concept: I think for myself.

Unfortunately, most of the better amateurs dont do a "big board" and just do 20 effing mocks instead. Some of them (Gil Brandt especially) do, but rank them by tiers and alphabetically within those tiers instead of a strict ranking system.

That being said:

Kiper has Peterson at 1 and doesnt have Dareus until #4 (behind Fairley and Miller)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/insider/news/story?id=6299698&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2fdraft2011%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d62996 98

Cbssportsline does some great work (Have Peterson at 1 and Dareus at 3):

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2011

NFL draft scout has an AMAZING volume of information (yet again... Peterson is at the top and Dareus isn't even #2... again):

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/top750.php?draftyear=2011&sortby=rateall&order=ASC

Pat Kirwans last mock draft can KINDA be used to illustrate who he views as the top prospect considering he puts Peterson to Carolina instead of a QB or Dareus:

http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/pat-kirwan-mock-draft-1512688/

Oh and you're a phaggot.

HAT
04-18-2011, 02:29 PM

I follow tsi's orangemane posts that he compiles from various twitter sources & blogs who get their info from 3rd party websites, who compile info from beat writers. Oh, and the Light Rail.

:yayaya:

Dedhed
04-19-2011, 12:30 AM

I love this. Three months ago you were blowing Kiper and calling out anyone who thought mayock had a clue.

Thanks OP!

R8R H8R
04-19-2011, 01:41 AM
I will have no problem blaming Elway for anything......Eventually.

I fully expect them to take Dareus if Carolina doesn't. Why? Because it's safe. Nothing wrong with that for a first year GM....Errrrrr, VP of football operations or whatever.

That's precisely why they went with Fox. Because he was the safe choice & basically everything that McD was not. Old vs. young. HC experience vs. rookie, defensive coach vs. offensive coach, etc, etc. And from a PR standpoint, it was the correct hire. Just like Dareus will be at #2.

BUT.....As I said earlier, if we are sitting here in 2013 lamenting the fact that Dareus has not separated himself from the many tier 2 DTs and Peterson or Miller are blowing up the league somewhere else, there will be nobody else to blame other than Elway.

The question that needs to be and will be answered in 11 days is if Elway the GM would've traded for Elway the QB 28 years ago because he was BPA or would he have taken the safe way out and just drafted a guy like Bruce Mathews at #4?

Ed Reeeeeeeeeeeeeed!

1st of all, I agree with most of what you have said that I have highlighted.

However, I believe too much is made of Elway having final say in personnel. He was put there in that position to avoid gaffs such as alienating your starting QB before he ever throws a pass for you, and trading your future 1st for an undersized & slow CB that you eventually give away after 1 year, etc. In other words, he is a check and balance in the power structure. Something they should have done 2 years ago.

With that being said, and assuming the 1st pick is defense(as it should be), I fully believe that whoever the Broncos pick with the number 2, it will have Fox's blessings. Why? Because Elway & Xanders will not pretend to think that they know Fox's defense better than Fox.

They will give Fox who he wants. It will be Fox's pick. Therefore, I am cool with either Dareus, Petersen, or Miller, or whoever Fox thinks is the best player for his defense.

BroncoInferno
04-19-2011, 05:44 AM

This is exactly what I'm concerned about. I like Dareus, and I do think he will be no worse than a solid 2nd tier type of DT. His fundamentals are much more sophisticated than a lot of DTs coming out, so he can probably contribute right away, too (unlike most DTs). However, the guy never dominated consistently at the college level, so it seems projection at best to conclude that he will play at that level in the NFL. Yes, I know he had a nagging injury that slowed him down a bit last season, but that really does nothing to mitigate my concerns. DTs take a ton of abuse and have a short shelf life, so that isn't a good sign to me that he is already having trouble staying healthy.

In any case, your quote sums it up for me perfectly. I have few doubts that Peterson and Miller are going to be elite players at their respective spots. It's going to suck mightily watching those guys tear up the rest of the league if Dareus is just a solid second tier guy.

bronco0608
04-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Novel concept: I think for myself.

Unfortunately, most of the better amateurs dont do a "big board" and just do 20 effing mocks instead. Some of them (Gil Brandt especially) do, but rank them by tiers and alphabetically within those tiers instead of a strict ranking system.

That being said:

Kiper has Peterson at 1 and doesnt have Dareus until #4 (behind Fairley and Miller)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/insider/news/story?id=6299698&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2fdraft2011%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d62996 98

Cbssportsline does some great work (Have Peterson at 1 and Dareus at 3):

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2011

NFL draft scout has an AMAZING volume of information (yet again... Peterson is at the top and Dareus isn't even #2... again):

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/top750.php?draftyear=2011&sortby=rateall&order=ASC

Pat Kirwans last mock draft can KINDA be used to illustrate who he views as the top prospect considering he puts Peterson to Carolina instead of a QB or Dareus:

http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/pat-kirwan-mock-draft-1512688/

Oh and you're a phaggot.

I like how you proclaim you think for yourself then proceed to list draftniks that have Peterson higher than Dareus. Which one is it? Going on your opinion or their opinion?

I fail to see the difference in what I did by listing Mayock's opinion than what you just did. Same thing.

But you think for yourself. I'm glad. Good luck with that. Give me your draft board for 2012 great thinker. I wanna see some prospects on there that are not listed by the big boys. You know, because, you think for yourself and all.

TheReverend
04-19-2011, 02:26 PM
I like how you proclaim you think for yourself then proceed to list draftniks that have Peterson higher than Dareus. Which one is it? Going on your opinion or their opinion?

I fail to see the difference in what I did by listing Mayock's opinion than what you just did. Same thing.

You've got some serious chip on your shoulder issues, dude.

You posted one board that has Dareus at the top and literally ASKED to see others here:

So I gave you resources of some really good and experienced people that I also have a good time checking out (Mayock included).

But you think for yourself. I'm glad. Good luck with that.

Yeah, it's done pretty damn well for me over the years. Maybe you should try it sometime?

Give me your draft board for 2012 great thinker. I wanna see some prospects on there that are not listed by the big boys. You know, because, you think for yourself and all.

Kinda early, really, and usually my favorite prospects aren't one year wonders (people use that term to knock Fairley, but it applies to Dareus EVERY bit as much... last year was his first year starting).

It's definitely a QB rich draft with Luck, Barkley and Jones leading the pack, and potentially even better than 2008 along the OL.

Some lesser known guys I love:

Just watched Janoris Jones at the Orange and Blue game in Gainesville a couple weeks ago and really like him if he can stay out of trouble this season.

Excited to watch the ILB from Notre Dame and expecting him to turn a lot of heads, especially since Denver has needed one since Al broke in 2006.

As for your specific request of guys people aren't really watching but I think have a solid shot of vaulting up into the top of the draft:

Criner, WR from Arizona
Powell, DT from NC
Lewis, OLB from Oklahoma
Branch, DE from Clemson
Curry, DE from Marshall (one of the better prospects to be a 3-4 rush LB)

Does that satisfy you or are you looking for Nostradamus?

PS. You're still a phaggot. And apparently a poser too.

Dedhed
04-19-2011, 02:27 PM
I fail to see

Thanks OP.

Shananahan
04-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Somehow it's no surprise that shared opinions are a foreign concept to you.

bronco0608
04-19-2011, 02:34 PM
You've got some serious chip on your shoulder issues, dude.

You posted one board that has Dareus at the top and literally ASKED to see others here:

So I gave you resources of some really good and experienced people that I also have a good time checking out (Mayock included).

Yeah, it's done pretty damn well for me over the years. Maybe you should try it sometime?

Kinda early, really, and usually my favorite prospects aren't one year wonders (people use that term to knock Fairley, but it applies to Dareus EVERY bit as much... last year was his first year starting).

It's definitely a QB rich draft with Luck, Barkley and Jones leading the pack, and potentially even better than 2008 along the OL.

Some lesser known guys I love:

Just watched Janoris Jones at the Orange and Blue game in Gainesville a couple weeks ago and really like him if he can stay out of trouble this season.

Excited to watch the ILB from Notre Dame and expecting him to turn a lot of heads, especially since Denver has needed one since Al broke in 2006.

As for your specific request of guys people aren't really watching but I think have a solid shot of vaulting up into the top of the draft:

Criner, WR from Arizona
Powell, DT from NC
Lewis, OLB from Oklahoma
Branch, DE from Clemson
Curry, DE from Marshall (one of the better prospects to be a 3-4 rush LB)

Does that satisfy you or are you looking for Nostradamus?

PS. You're still a phaggot. And apparently a poser too.

I've only stated two things about this draft since February and I'm going to be right:

1) Since the beginning I've said Patrick Peterson is not going in the top five of this draft and I'm going to be right.

2) I stated that JJ Watt will shoot up draft boards when he was considered a late first to early second round pick and you know what, he has. Easily going in the top 15.

Other than that, all I've seen from you is having Corey Liuget going in the 2nd to even the third round in your "ideal draft" and then backtracking and saying you believe Liuget is better than Fairely! Wow, which one is it? Let's play fairy tale and in my "ideal draft" I have Patrick Peterson going to us at 36 in the 2nd round! Because you know, it makes all the sense in the world!

In the end, you are going to be wrong about, well, every single thing you have posted, oh great thinker.

TheReverend
04-19-2011, 02:39 PM
Somehow it's no surprise that shared opinions are a foreign concept to you.

It's impressive isn't it?

It's damn near unanimous that Peterson is the top prospect. The only mainstream person who disagrees is the same contrarian that put McCoy ahead of Suh, gushed about Jamarcus being on Elway's level, raved about Branden Albert becoming a tackle, and had a top 5 prospect list of Knowshon, Ayers, Alphonso Smith, Eugene Monroe, and Crabtree.

And the guy is such a poser knob that even all the "pick Dareus or the team will explode" people are making fun of him for being a douche in this thread.

Dedhed
04-19-2011, 02:41 PM
I've only stated two things about this draft since February and I'm going to be right:

1) Since the beginning I've said Patrick Peterson is not going in the top five of this draft and I'm going to be right.

2) I stated that JJ Watt will shoot up draft boards when he was considered a late first to early second round pick and you know what, he has. Easily going in the top 15.

Other than that, all I've seen from you is having Corey Liuget going in the 2nd to even the third round in your "ideal draft" and then backtracking and saying you believe Liuget is better than Fairely! Wow, which one is it? Let's play fairy tale and in my "ideal draft" I have Patrick Peterson going to us at 36 in the 2nd round! Because you know, it makes all the sense in the world!

In the end, you are going to be wrong about, well, every single thing you have posted, oh great thinker.

Um OP, you also said this:

I would be shocked if Carolina passed on Bowers.

Thanks OP.

TheReverend
04-19-2011, 02:47 PM

That's absolutely possible.

Ha! Watt's been a high profile prospect for almost a full year.

Have we also landed on the moon?

Other than that, all I've seen from you is having Corey Liuget going in the 2nd to even the third round in your "ideal draft"

To third? Never happened. I think there's a chance he's available at 2A and I clearly stated my reasoning. The teams picking towards that bottom have solid interior DLs and there are going to be some excellent prospects available, especially at premium spots like DE and OT, and some good CB fits like Jimmy Smith.

and then backtracking and saying you believe Liuget is better than Fairely! Wow, which one is it? Let's play fairy tale and in my "ideal draft" I have Patrick Peterson going to us at 36 in the 2nd round! Because you know, it makes all the sense in the world!

Ummmm, what? I've said I see Liuget as a better FIT for Fox's penetrating scheme than Dareus because he has experience doing it and more success at it.

Sure thing man.

bronco0608
04-19-2011, 03:06 PM
That's absolutely possible.

Ha! Watt's been a high profile prospect for almost a full year.

Have we also landed on the moon?

To third? Never happened. I think there's a chance he's available at 2A and I clearly stated my reasoning. The teams picking towards that bottom have solid interior DLs and there are going to be some excellent prospects available, especially at premium spots like DE and OT, and some good CB fits like Jimmy Smith.

Ummmm, what? I've said I see Liuget as a better FIT for Fox's penetrating scheme than Dareus because he has experience doing it and more success at it.

Sure thing man.

This is MY ideal scenario and I would literally cream my jeans.

With the sheer impressive volume of DT depth, and Paea's impressive combine, I think it can send a few very valuable players into key spots for our picks.

1-2 - Patrick Peterson
2-4 - Liuget for the 3 tech
2-14 - Martez Wilson a MLB with range and adequate in traffic
3-3 - Phil Taylor at the 0
6-24 - Brandon Fusco at C. Loser of TC battle provides C/G swing depth
7-2 - Chris Culliver S (most likely a special teams gunner)

Oh, I'm sorry, you had Phil Taylor, a first round lock going in the 3rd round. That's even better. Then you have Liuget, another first round lock, going in the 2nd round. How is that thinking for yourself going?

Oh, oh, I can play the same game:

Here is my ideal draft:

1) Dareus
2a) Robert Quinn DE
2b) JJ Watt
3) Mike Pouncey G

That was fun!

Do you want to back track on your picks now since the "experts" have told you whats up? Hilarious!

Bahshay
04-19-2011, 03:13 PM

All this yapping and Peterson has one big problem: Denver is not taking him. Fortunately, no one in our front office is stupid enough to take a CB with the 2nd overall choice. With the 8th choice, sure. But not the 2nd overall pick.

But heads must roll for the Peterson Fanboys when Denver invariably passes over Peterson. How stupid can our front office be they will yell! So Peterson Fanboys, who you gonna blame? You have four choices:

1) Brian Xanders -- the most obvious and easiest choice. Has been a lightning rod for criticism since he arrived. I suspect he will win the blame game.

2) John Fox -- how much authority does he have? We shall see. But I suspect the fanboys will level a fair share of criticism towards him. This is the immortal Patrick Peterson we are talking about. I heard he can turn water into gatorade.

3) John Elway -- the darkhorse in the blame game. Blame Elway? Blasphemy! But this is the great Patrick Peterson we are talking about. The greatest cornerback to ever set foot on a football field. The man who can single-handedly prevent a team from scoring!

4) Pat Bowlen -- Gutless drunk does it again!!

If I had to put money on it, I'm rolling with Xanders getting the lionshare of the blame. But you never know.

LOL. I don't even want Peterson and I think you're a massive tool. I'm guessing you spend all of this time trying to pick fights (poorly) online because none of your coworkers will talk to you. Don't worry, I'm sure one of them will make a sale soon, and then they will be forced to talk to you in order to ask you carry that new TV out to their customer's car. Checkmate.

TheReverend
04-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Oh, I'm sorry, you had Phil Taylor, a first round lock going in the 3rd round. That's even better. Then you have Liuget, another first round lock, going in the 2nd round. How is that thinking for yourself going?

Here is my ideal draft:

1) Dareus
2a) Robert Quinn DE
2b) JJ Watt
3) Mike Pouncey G

That was fun!

Do you want to back track on your picks now since the "experts" have told you whats up? Hilarious!

............wow you got me.

I see your literacy also didn't allow you to make it all the way to POST NUMBER TWO:

Stupid title isnt updating...

Anyways, I think Taylor being around at the start of the third is a long shot, but the rest are extremely realistic. If he's gone, we can always look to someone like Kendrick Ellis to provide NT depth

Also, at the time, Taylor was universally viewed as a mid 2nd round prospect. People have him going in the first because he's the #1 3-4 NT prospect, NOT because he deserves to. Guy had to transfer to BAYLOR from PSU to get some real playing time.

Any other questions or want to make some more **** up?

I'm hoping you do because this is really fun. In b4 you have to name change because everyone thinks you're a massive douche.

teknic
04-19-2011, 03:33 PM

Here is my ideal draft:

1) Dareus
2a) Robert Quinn DE
2b) JJ Watt
3) Mike Pouncey G

That was fun!

You haven't read much draft news lately have you? Phil Taylor is far from a lock to go in the first, I think it's more likely he'll go in the second to third. And in all fairness, he wasn't mentioned as a possible first round pick by any "expert" until the Senior Bowl.

Every post you write makes you look like an idiot. Please just stop.

Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one. What do you care if it's different than yours?

Edit: Link for you if you're lazy.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/17/some-teams-are-red-flagging-phil-taylors-feet/

bronco0608
04-19-2011, 03:37 PM
............wow you got me.

I see your literacy also didn't allow you to make it all the way to POST NUMBER TWO:

Also, at the time, Taylor was universally viewed as a mid 2nd round prospect. People have him going in the first because he's the #1 3-4 NT prospect, NOT because he deserves to. Guy had to transfer to BAYLOR from PSU to get some real playing time.

Any other questions or want to make some more **** up?

I'm hoping you do because this is really fun. In b4 you have to name change because everyone thinks you're a massive douche.

Hold up, hold up.

First you tell everyone you think for yourself, but then change your mind when other people tell you too. See Phil Taylor. That was beautiful.

Secondly, and this is a gem, you wrote, "Anyways, I think Taylor being around at the start of the third is a long shot." Ya think, hotshot? Because he is going in the 1st round, not anywhere near the 3rd round. Why didn't you just write: "Well, I know this is a longshot, but I want Ryan Kerrigan in the 4th round." No ****, who wouldn't? And why even post that crap about Taylor. You know why, because you don't know what the **** you are talking about. That's why.

Shananahan
04-19-2011, 03:51 PM
The only thing this thread needs now is a few Punisher posts.

bronco0608
04-19-2011, 04:02 PM
You haven't read much draft news lately have you? Phil Taylor is far from a lock to go in the first, I think it's more likely he'll go in the second to third. And in all fairness, he wasn't mentioned as a possible first round pick by any "expert" until the Senior Bowl.

Every post you write makes you look like an idiot. Please just stop.

Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one. What do you care if it's different than yours?

Edit: Link for you if you're lazy.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/17/some-teams-are-red-flagging-phil-taylors-feet/

Oh, so Taylor now has an inoperable foot condition. Ya think that's the reason why he would fall? Sort of like Bowers - not on talent or ability, but career threatening injuries.

Good try, though.

Maybe we can snag a top 15 pick like Liuget with the 36th pick. That would be ideal.

teknic
04-19-2011, 04:12 PM
Oh, so Taylor now has an inoperable foot condition. Ya think that's the reason why he would fall? Sort of like Bowers - not on talent or ability, but career threatening injuries.

Good try, though.

Maybe we can snag a top 15 pick like Liuget with the 36th pick. That would be ideal.

Your response doesn't make any sense. Of course a serious injury will hurt a players draft stock.

You are an idiot.

http://xqpipq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1poqFl5pYlPeS_223xEw8Vaah1E2-67ARoH_nVUq2SoLcBP82YUbFKgxgpcxs48icHjcZgNu7ol5o4-noscdmJiw/Do-not-feed-the-troll.png?psid=1

bronco0608
04-19-2011, 04:16 PM
Your response doesn't make any sense. Of course a serious injury will hurt a players draft stock.

You are an idiot.

http://xqpipq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1poqFl5pYlPeS_223xEw8Vaah1E2-67ARoH_nVUq2SoLcBP82YUbFKgxgpcxs48icHjcZgNu7ol5o4-noscdmJiw/Do-not-feed-the-troll.png?psid=1

You have trouble following so I will let you stand by your picture as a response.

Requiem
04-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Hey, we're still waiting on your draft board, Bronco92392301231

HAT
04-19-2011, 04:56 PM
This is going to be fun thread to bump come draft day so I may as well add my .02

0608:

Taylor was never a 1st round lock, foot condition or not. In fact, I think his weight is a bigger concern for teams than his foot. Hasn't he been like 380-390 in the past? He might go in the 20's though simply because there is always a premium on NTs like Rev said. He's been a mid 40's guy all along. Hope Denver passes when he is there at 36. Might be worth a shot at 46. I won't be shocked at all if Ellis is taken ahead of Taylor at NT.

Liuget is FAR from a top 15 lock. In fact, looking at team needs, there is only one possibility I see for top 15 and that's the Rams. He'll most likely go in the mid-late 20's. 10% top 15, 10% falls to round 2, 80% 2nd half of round 1. I personally think he is gonna be a Bear at #29 unless someone swaps with the always willing to deal Patriots at #28

And lastly...Watt isn't "easily top 15" either. I'm going to say Quinn, Kerrigan, Smith & Jordan all go ahead of him. Maybe even Bowers if somebody feels like gambling. I think Watt is going to be a Buc.

TheReverend
04-19-2011, 04:56 PM
Hold up, hold up.

First you tell everyone you think for yourself, but then change your mind when other people tell you too. See Phil Taylor. That was beautiful.

Secondly, and this is a gem, you wrote, "Anyways, I think Taylor being around at the start of the third is a long shot." Ya think, hotshot? Because he is going in the 1st round, not anywhere near the 3rd round. Why didn't you just write: "Well, I know this is a longshot, but I want Ryan Kerrigan in the 4th round." No ****, who wouldn't? And why even post that crap about Taylor. You know why, because you don't know what the **** you are talking about. That's why.

Um, no, I actually laid out what the "draftniks" say and then clarified with my opinion of: "NOT because he deserves to"

Are you seriously reading posts or just skimming for a key word or something? Because if you're actually reading, you are dreadfully incompetent and stupid.