PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather have on the Broncos: Darrelle Revis or Ndamukong Suh?

bronco0608
04-16-2011, 11:58 AM
Very simple question: If you could add either Revis or Suh to the Broncos this offseason, who would you choose?

Revis: Best corner in the game

Suh: Best DT in the game

HAT
04-16-2011, 12:04 PM
Don't be a douche.

The fact that 100% of maners will answer Suh doesn't change the fact that Peterson is a much better pick than Dareus for Denver.

DrFate
04-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Don't be a douche.

The fact that 100% of maners will answer Suh doesn't change the fact that Peterson is a much better pick than Dareus for Denver.

/end thread

beardedwonder
04-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Revis isnt the best corner in the game.. He just plays in NY and was on hard knocks so everyone knows his name

DivineBronco
04-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Revis isnt the best corner in the game.. He just plays in NY and was on hard knocks so everyone knows his name

would you at least say he is top three?

tsiguy96
04-16-2011, 01:16 PM
suh isnt the best DT in the game, either. not great at run defense.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-16-2011, 01:28 PM
I'd take Suh. Younger. Capable of taking over a game. Good head on his shoulders.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't LOVE to have Peterson.

Honestly, if we get Peterson OR Dareus, we're going to come out of this draft in good shape.

Play2win
04-16-2011, 01:36 PM
I just wonder how many times peterson will get double-moved on for a touchdown within his first few years in the NFL.

bronco0608
04-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Don't be a douche.

And you know this how?

Punisher
04-16-2011, 01:43 PM
I rather have Magneto

http://www.superherotimes.com/news/images/Magneto.jpg

NFLBRONCO
04-16-2011, 01:46 PM
Of course I'd take Suh. As for Dareus I'd love him here but, hope he is Suh calibur and not Warren calibur if we pick him. We need to hit jackpot with this pick

Hulamau
04-16-2011, 01:54 PM
Don't be a douche.

Patrick Peterson ran the second-fastest 40 at the combine and is projected to be a top-10, or potentially top-5 pick.

They say speed can't be taught. Tell that to the fastest first-rounder in the NFL draft.

Patrick Peterson is the last prospect that needs a lesson in running, but that's just what the dynamic cornerback from LSU signed up for before the Scouting Combine. Through a combine prep service, Peterson worked with four-time Olympic sprint medalist Ato Boldon, whose business venture involves preparing players for those make-or-break four-and-a-half seconds of the pre-draft process: the 40-yard dash.

"I believe made me faster and helped me drop my 40 time significantly," said Peterson, a projected top-10 pick, by phone while visiting Denver, which owns the No. 2 pick.

Boldon's credentials shine. He won bronze in the 100 and 200 at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, then took home silver in the 100 and bronze in the 200 at the 2000 Olympics in Sydney.

Boldon, 37, brought Peterson and about 15 other draft hopefuls up to speed on the track at Florida Atlantic University a couple months ago. Last year, Boldon had a couple clients go to the combine but neither posted notable times. This year was a different story.
"My results were kind of crazy," Boldon said.
To wit:
Peterson ran a 4.34, tied for No. 2 overall
Maryland running back Da'Rel Scott also ran a 4.34
Syracuse center Ryan Bartholomew ran a 4.97, second-best among offensive linemen
Arkansas State tackle Derrick Newton ran a 5.01, good for third-best among offensive linemen

Boldon said his guys shave an average of two-tenths of a second off their 40 times after a few weeks of every-other-day sessions. The program isn't just repetitive sprints. First comes film study of Olympic sprinters. Maurice Greene and Tyson Gay jumping out of the blocks correlates to running the 40.

.................................................. ..................................................
"I thought Chris Johnson's record was really under threat," he said of Peterson. "If I give Patrick an instruction, I immediately see it shown back to me in what he does. It was kind of a dream. I was joking with my family, if I had 20 to 25 of him, I could rule this business. He is the most coachable athlete I've had in track or football."

[(This I Like ... perhaps the wonderlic was a fluke and not representative at all of his football IQ and ability to learn!!)

Peterson's biggest improvement with Boldon may be measured by pounds, not fractions of seconds. Listed at 222 on his 2010 LSU bio, he trimmed to 210 by training's end. But at the combine, Peterson was back up to 219 pounds, too much of a difference to challenge the record. Johnson weighed 195 when he ran the 4.24 in 2008.

"4.34 while nine pounds heavier, I'll take that," Boldon said.

Ato Boldon is a four-time Olympic medalist and finished second in the 100 at the Sydney Games in 2000.

[B](PS check the photo in the link below.. That is one mean lookin' corner!!)

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/04/14/ato-boldon-patrick-peterson/index.html#ixzz1Jima2bGy

gunns
04-16-2011, 02:15 PM
suh isnt the best DT in the game, either. not great at run defense.

Not yet. One year and an All Pro and Pro Bowler. I wouldn't worry about his run defense, the guy plays with heart and is a quick learner. Besides with the league becoming a passing league what better to have. I lament the fact that if we were to do so badly and end up with a #2 pick, it wasn't last year. He was a sure thing.

TheReverend
04-16-2011, 02:24 PM
Went with Revis STRICTLY because he's playing at an all pro level for longer.

Agamemnon
04-16-2011, 02:30 PM
Don't be a douche.

Err...that's far from being a fact...

Rock Chalk
04-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Is Suh the best DT in the game? I think that is debatable.

I think it is also debatable whether or not Revis is the best CB in the game.

But if Im building a defense, Im starting with Suh. I can get plenty of good enough CBs to cover for 3-4 seconds while my stupidly insane defensive front 7 is wrecking havoc with the oppositions offensive line and QB.

But hey, let's keep drafting excellent Corner's, Im sure eventually we can build a great defense that way.

oubronco
04-16-2011, 03:15 PM
You win in the trenches and Suh would be my pick but if we are making this about Dareus or Peterson I wouldn't mind either one but prefer Dareus

SouthStndJunkie
04-16-2011, 03:16 PM
Easy choice....Suh.

bombay
04-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Darrius is the only choice unless the Broncos trade down.

Dedhed
04-16-2011, 03:44 PM
/end thread

Seriously /thread

gunns
04-16-2011, 03:49 PM
I have no doubt that the first pick will be for the DL. Getting rid of Bannan and Williams leaves a huge hole. I do think we need a corner but personally I'd rather have a dominant safety.

Dedhed
04-16-2011, 03:50 PM
The real question is "Who would you rather have; Darelle Revis or Amobi Okoye."

listopencil
04-16-2011, 04:00 PM

That is a very interesting comparison. I wanted the Broncos to draft Okoye so badly, and I was very disappointed when it didn't happen. But...Okoye looked like a very special kid.

KevinJames
04-16-2011, 04:11 PM
^this

Ryan Sims or Ed Reed?

Dewayne Robertson and Jimmy Kennedy together or Nnamdi Asomugha?

/thread

Dedhed
04-16-2011, 04:44 PM
^this

Ryan Sims or Ed Reed?

Dewayne Robertson and Jimmy Kennedy together or Nnamdi Asomugha?

/thread

Yup. It's moronic to pretend there's a DT prospect like Suh in this draft, or that those guys come around every year. Peterson is every bit the prospect that Revis was, and probably better. Dareus will never hold a candle to Suh.

Prospects like Suh and Revis simply aren't available in every draft, which is why I believe in drafting one when you have the chance to. Peterson is that prospect this year.

If this was between Suh and Peterson, Suh would be a no brainer.

Pick Six
04-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Suh, on the current Broncos defensive line, won't make much of a difference. Revis, paired with Bailey? That would be sweet...

Dedhed
04-16-2011, 04:47 PM
But...Okoye looked like a very special kid.

Most DTs are overrated for that very reason. People take the "gotta build from front to back" mantra, and then only have eyes for DL...

...And end up with taking Okoye over Revis. The crazy thing is that they do it every year, and will do it again this year.

gunns
04-16-2011, 04:48 PM
In all the drafts I've watched over the years from 1970 there have only been 3 players that were known to be a sure thing, the real deal before the draft and not based on media hype but on performance....in 1983 Elway, 1985 Smith, 2010, Suh.

bronco0608
04-16-2011, 04:48 PM
Yup. It's moronic to pretend there's a DT prospect like Suh in this draft, or that those guys come around every year. Peterson is every bit the prospect that Revis was, and probably better. Dareus will never hold a candle to Suh.

Prospects like Suh and Revis simply aren't available in every draft, which is why I believe in drafting one when you have the chance to. Peterson is that prospect this year.

Sorry, Peterson is not the best prospect in this draft. You just have a man-crush.

Dedhed
04-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Suh, on the current Broncos defensive line, won't make much of a difference. Revis, paired with Bailey? That would be sweet...
I don't agree with that. I would take Suh over every player in this draft, but none of the DTs in this class are anywhere near his level.

Peterson is a better prospect than Revis was coming out.

Dedhed
04-16-2011, 04:51 PM
Sorry, Peterson is not the best prospect in this draft. You just have a man-crush.

You're just sad that your "fantasy draft" scenario has made you look a fool.

bronco0608
04-16-2011, 04:58 PM
You're just sad that your "fantasy draft" scenario has made you look a fool.

What's this, your fifth post in this thread? Hilarious!

Dedhed
04-16-2011, 04:59 PM
What's this, your fifth post in this thread? Hilarious!

Each one making you look more foolish.

KevinJames
04-16-2011, 05:00 PM

no, he is the best.

AJ Green and Von Miller close 2nd and 3rd respectably

bronco0608
04-16-2011, 05:00 PM
Each one making you look more foolish.

Really? Good for you. You wanna cookie?

bronco0608
04-16-2011, 05:01 PM
no, he is the best.

AJ Green and Von Miller close 2nd and 3rd respectably

Why is Peterson the best?

TheReverend
04-16-2011, 05:02 PM

Patrick Peterson compilation:

* 2010 First-Team Walter Camp All-American
* 2010 Thorpe Award Winner
* 2010 Bednarik Award Winner
* 2010 SEC Defensive Player of the Year
* 2010 Preseason All-American (TSN, Playboy, Athlon, Lindy's, Phil Steele)
* 2009 Second-Team All-America (TSN)
* 2009 First-Team All-SEC (ESPN)
* 2009 Second-Team All-SEC (AP, Coaches)
* 2007 High School Defensive Player of the Year (USA Today)

Full time starter as a true Freshman and throughout his collegiate career.

220 lbs and 4.3 speed.

Team player: ASKED to return kicks as a Junior, and in his FIRST OUTING set the LSU RECORD for return yards! (257-yards returning punts and kickoffs, 244-yards coming in the first half.) That performance is also SECOND in SEC history (by 9 yards).

The SOLE flaw I could find watching this guy: Occasional false steps in breaks. VERY correctable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCOLpiFxgbM

Hasn't fallen to over scouting and not a recent scouting wonder:

http://www.mockdrafthq.com/draft/view/admin/First_2011_Mock/1

Ridiculous production to accompany measurables.

Exhibits even more versatility with his athleticism:

"Peterson entertained the home crowd again in week four against Top-25 foe West Virginia. With the game tied 0-0 early in the first quarter, West Virginia went to attempt a mid-range field goal that would have silenced the raucous crowd in Death Valley, however Peterson was able to leap from behind the line of scrimmage and block the kick."

What do coaches think of his athleticism? Does this remind anyone of Champ? "In an effort to jump-start the struggling offense for the Tigers, Peterson has begun practicing as a wide receiver and a running back on offense."

Side notes:

-He is related to Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Bryant McFadden, New York Giants wide receiver Sinorice Moss, and Washington Redskins wide receiver Santana Moss.

-No character flaws. No trouble with law. There was one accusation by a Texas A&M assistant that was summarily dismissed as false.

TheReverend
04-16-2011, 05:11 PM

Do you have any supporting justification...?

KevinJames
04-16-2011, 05:14 PM
Suh is great and all, best DT in a 4-3 IMO but lets not act like it was a one man DL he had some pretty good DL next to him despite that the lions were still very poor against the run.

If we draft Peterson, you have 2 playmaking starting CBs who teams must pick one of them to throw at, and add another one when Cox comes in as a nickle. Not to mention Cox can play the 2nd CB spot on 3rd n longs with Sydquan at the nickel and Peterson could slide over to safety to replace the usual run stuffing box safety. Another scenario which some may not like is Cox turns into a stud and plays his off in camp (if there is one) earns the right to be on the field, we can just use Peterson as a FS after all we have the saints DB coach they move Malcom Jenkins around quite a bit. I think a playmaking FS > playmaking CB anyway so that wouldn't disappoint me at all it wouldn't mean he can't play CB just that he doesn't need to play CB right now. He can play any DB position hands down.

Please don't give me the we won't get any pressure on the QB, we have Elvis freaking Dumervil.......we will get pressure and we will have the freedom to blitz more with a stacked defensive backfield.

If anything adding Peterson just helps out the DL more than adding a DL in the first would in my eyes. Especially when you can get a Marvin Austin in the 2nd round.

bronco0608
04-16-2011, 05:19 PM
Do you have any supporting justification...?

Ok, how about Peterson? Where is the production outside kick-returns? Greatest cornerback ever had a grand total of seven interceptions in his career. And don't tell me people didn't go at him, because they did. AJ Green, in the matchup of Peterson's life, dropped a hundred yards on him. In fact, he gave up 47 yard bomb to setup Georgia's game winning toucdown in that game.

And what about the value of a corner? No team plays man-to-man all game. When Peterson is in zone, his value goes down immensely.

Corners are simply not as important as defensive lineman. And the hyperbole surronding Peterson has reached epic levels at this point.

Great athlete, nothing more, nothing less.

Karenin
04-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Absolutely terrible thread. Revis isn't even a top-5 CB. Suh is the best DT prospect in many years, possibly all time. There is no Suh in this draft. Just a horrible abortion of a thread.

KevinJames
04-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Ok, how about Peterson? Where is the production outside kick-returns? Greatest cornerback ever had a grand total of seven interceptions in his career. And don't tell me people didn't go at him, because they did. AJ Green, in the matchup of Peterson's life, dropped a hundred yards on him. In fact, he gave up 47 yard bomb to setup Georgia's game winning toucdown in that game.

And what about the value of a corner? No team plays man-to-man all game. When Peterson is in zone, his value goes down immensely.

Corners are simply not as important as defensive lineman. And the hyperbole surronding Peterson has reached epic levels at this point.

I see you watched maybe one or two LSU games. Your evaluation of Peterson couldn't be more off........

bronco0608
04-16-2011, 05:32 PM
I see you watched maybe one or two LSU games. Your evaluation of Peterson couldn't be more off........

Thanks for clearing that up.

Wes Mantooth
04-16-2011, 05:33 PM
Very simple question: If you could add either Revis or Suh to the Broncos this offseason, who would you choose?

Revis: Best corner in the game

Suh: Best DT in the game

If the moon were made of cheese would you eat it? It's a simple question

DivineBronco
04-16-2011, 05:34 PM
Absolutely terrible thread. Revis isn't even a top-5 CB. Suh is the best DT prospect in many years, possibly all time. There is no Suh in this draft. Just a horrible abortion of a thread.

please name me your top five

Dr. Broncenstein
04-16-2011, 05:35 PM
If the moon were made of cheese would you eat it? It's a simple question

What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun.

TheReverend
04-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Ok, how about Peterson? Where is the production outside kick-returns? Greatest cornerback ever had a grand total of seven interceptions in his career.

Um, what? Did you see my previous post where I listed a full page of his accomplishments and highlighted his value with supporting facts?

Also, his production was effing amazing. 7 picks when you're shied away from and playing primarily man to man is remarkable.

His junior year he had 4 and returned them for 140 yards. That's fantastic for a guy in his shoes.

And don't tell me people didn't go at him, because they did. AJ Green, in the matchup of Peterson's life, dropped a hundred yards on him. In fact, he gave up 47 yard bomb to setup Georgia's game winning toucdown in that game.

http://www.bertstare.com/bertstare.jpg

Ummmmmmm... I think you have Peterson confused with a different corner?

The last time LSU played Georgia was in 2009 and LSU kinda won, bro.

Once again... you're very wrong. In a zone, Peterson can read the QB and have significantly better opportunities to make a play on the ball. His value will be GREATLY enhanced with the ball in his hands as evidenced by his return ability AND his average of 33.5 yards on INT returns last year.

Ha!

One play all the defensive snaps, others 50%. Which is more important, hmmmm...

Additionally, you should pass that info on to the NFL payrolls. They don't agree with you.

Right.

Who do you think the best prospect is and why?

I listed a full page of reasons and facts supporting Peterson, let's see yours?

KevinJames
04-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Why is Peterson the best?

Well lets see hes a rare talent. Hes a freak athlete at his position like a Suh at DT like a Calvin Johnson at WR and like Adrian Peterson at RB. This is why he is special this is why hes the best player in the draft hands down. Everyone sees it but a select few who are stubborn and shy away from drafting talent over need. Also if you are saying DB isn't a need you are very very very stupid.

Hes 6'0 220 lb CB that has amazing body control, fluid hips, crazy strength in press coverage, lightning speed and quickness, and hands down the best ball skills of any DB in awhile he catches it and scores with it, the added return skills is just a bonus.

Why is Ed Reed the best DB in the NFL hands down the last few years? Hes a playmaker, he gets the interception which hes supposed to do but its what he does with it after the INT thats special, he changes field position, he scores points for the team. Hes taken over so many games with just one or two plays on the football.

Thats what I see in Patrick Peterson. Closest thing to Ed Reed since well Ed Reed.

DivineBronco
04-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Please don't give me the we won't get any pressure on the QB, we have Elvis freaking Dumervil.......we will get pressure and we will have the freedom to blitz more with a stacked defensive backfield.

I fear people are thinking Elvis is going to magically be Elvis from two years ago. Do people not remember what his injury was and how important that part of his body is to how he plays?

Dedhed
04-16-2011, 05:37 PM

The funny part is he thinks he's WINNING!

Wes Mantooth
04-16-2011, 05:38 PM

I like it cause it's like the King of Planets.

KevinJames
04-16-2011, 05:40 PM
I fear people are thinking Elvis is going to magically be Elvis from two years ago. Do people not remember what his injury was and how important that part of his body is to how he plays?

Elvis will be fine, and Robert Ayers deserves a shot to start at LE. Our DE position will be fine, and DT is so deep in this draft lets take advantage of the depth.

TheReverend
04-16-2011, 05:46 PM

That makes me nervous as well. I wish I knew which pec. His bread and butter move has been extending that left arm to lock his blocker out and swing around and through to the QB

TheReverend
04-16-2011, 05:49 PM

Mars has been REALLY productive and has great measurables and potential for repopulation, but we really have a need for a new planet since dropping Pluto out, so I gotta go with Planet X even though it's production looks like it probably doesn't even exist.

^ Thinly veiled shot at Dareus :)

DrFate
04-16-2011, 06:05 PM

Great post

misturanderson
04-16-2011, 06:09 PM
That makes me nervous as well. I wish I knew which pec. His bread and butter move has been extending that left arm to lock his blocker out and swing around and through to the QB
Right one. http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15683159

Rock Chalk
04-16-2011, 06:46 PM

And when Peterson gets toasted every game because QBs have all day to throw you people are going to call him a bust and want him run out of town.

Revis is only good because he has a kick ass front seven making him look good. Revis in say, Houston, would be just as ****ty as the rest of those scrubs.

KevinJames
04-16-2011, 06:57 PM
Revis is only good because he has a kick ass front seven making him look good..

That front 7 is not really all that great I would say Revis is good because he can lock down almost any WR one on one without needing help all the time allowing that extra man to come on the blitz having another good CB opposite him doesn't hurt either Revis and Cromartie = a huge reason why the Jets blitz as much as they do.

gunns
04-16-2011, 07:00 PM
Elvis will be fine, and Robert Ayers deserves a shot to start at LE. Our DE position will be fine, and DT is so deep in this draft lets take advantage of the depth.

Oh sure, maybe we can wait and take a chance on say a Dorsett Davis, Nick Eason, or even a Carlton Powell. Sorry, we've neglected the position for so long and have nothing there. We have to get a player that is ranked above the rest and then we need to take advantage of the depth for depth. There are some damn good WR's in this league that are going to "welcome" Peterson to the NFL. If we don't shore up the line to take pressure off the corners it will continue and he would be a wasted pick early in the first round for a returner.

TheReverend
04-16-2011, 07:29 PM
And when Peterson gets toasted every game because QBs have all day to throw you people are going to call him a bust and want him run out of town.

Revis is only good because he has a kick ass front seven making him look good. Revis in say, Houston, would be just as ****ty as the rest of those scrubs.

Ha! I can just quote my post on this from the other thread!

............really?

Did you know the Jets leading pass rusher had 6 sacks?

Or that they only had THREE total players with 5 or more sacks?

Do you know why it is they can bring such diverse blitz packages and have pressure coming from such an assortment of players?

Spoiler: Great coverage on the back end... just ask Rex Ryan. You make a big claim about Revis, he clearly disagrees as evidenced by the quote in the previous post.

My last question:

Do you bother looking up anything to support your opinion before you post it?

TheReverend
04-16-2011, 07:30 PM
Right one. http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15683159

Not nearly as bad then. Might hinder his inside moves, but theyre far less common for him.

underrated29
04-16-2011, 07:44 PM
My goodness, the peterson nut huggers are strong on this board. wow.

hey I can play that game too.

deltha oneil and willie middlebrooks vs holati ngata. ooooooooooooohhhh.

Peterson is not as good as revis, nor champ nor nnmandi. I doubt he ever will be either. Furthermore it would not be the least bit surprising if Prince Amukamara turns out to be the better CB.

Also, there is no SUH in this draft, but guess what, when in the last 10 years has there been a SUH? Riiiiiiiiggghhttt. Never. So that reasoning is just stupid too.

Another stupid comment is saying SUH is the best DT in the game. He is not. Revis is debateable, I personally do not think so, but he is top 1,2 or 3 and arguements could be made for any of those three.

We have a problem with run defense boys and girls. Pass defense sucks too, but it starts with the run. Remember when we had Nolan- we had the #7 pass defense I believe- #7- with champ and goody- guess what our run defense was not shabby either...Run defense went to crap and BAM- immediately both suck. That is why EVERYONE says in order to win you have to run the ball and STOP the run. PP is a stud, but if it were between him or either top 2 DT (dareus/fairley)- it would be the DT hands down everytime....THIS will be proven in about 11 days too.

KevinJames
04-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Not nearly as bad then. Might hinder his inside moves, but theyre far less common for him.

as long as he can do this move he does at 0:43

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vl1NFZncpBE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DivineBronco
04-16-2011, 11:12 PM

I just have to make sure this question does not get lost for when you wake up......
please tell me your top 5

KipCorrington25
04-16-2011, 11:22 PM

Why does Ayers deserve to start exactly? The guy has been invisble for 2 years, he deserves to give his paycheck back.

HAT
04-16-2011, 11:55 PM
Why does Ayers deserve to start exactly? The guy has been invisble for 2 years, he deserves to give his paycheck back.

Ummmm...Because he is going back to his more natural position of 4-3 DE?
As a 3-4 OLB it was a mixed bag.

We know you love to rail on all things McD but you can't call Ayers a bust yet at a position he has yet to play in the NFL.

DarkHorse
04-17-2011, 03:56 AM
Suh has 1 year under his belt and he's now the best DT in the league?

Yikes!

Cleo McDowell
04-17-2011, 04:33 AM
My goodness, the peterson nut huggers are strong on this board. wow.

hey I can play that game too.

deltha oneil and willie middlebrooks vs holati ngata. ooooooooooooohhhh.

Peterson is not as good as revis, nor champ nor nnmandi. I doubt he ever will be either. Furthermore it would not be the least bit surprising if Prince Amukamara turns out to be the better CB.

I'm not a Peterson nuthugger by any stretch and am quite conflicted on who may be the best choice but Rev has a great argument with solid support.
I'd like to ask though, why do you doubt Peterson will never be as good as the cb's you mentioned? and why would you not be surprised if prince turns out better?

epicSocialism4tw
04-17-2011, 06:15 AM
I'd rather have Champ then that chump Revis.

I'm talking about Champ right now. Not the Champ who was the dominant DB in the league over the majority of his career.

That didnt get us very far.

underrated29
04-17-2011, 05:16 PM
I'm not a Peterson nuthugger by any stretch and am quite conflicted on who may be the best choice but Rev has a great argument with solid support.
I'd like to ask though, why do you doubt Peterson will never be as good as the cb's you mentioned? and why would you not be surprised if prince turns out better?

I think eventually PP will be moved to Saftey. Now if he lands on a team with horrible horrible CB depth he will be their stud there. But I just think he gets switched over. If he stays at CB, I do not see his game as good as champ or revis or nnamdi..To stiff in the hips, not sure how he will fare when he is up against guys like Andre Johnson, Larry fitz etc. Revis/champ/nnamdi- they have more or less shut those guys out every time. Now do they always, of course not, but more or less those DBs seem to win the battle 9/10 times. Right now PP does not imo display that ability.

Plus, I think he is getting a TON of hype for his size/speed. I always look at it like this. If he was 5'11 and 185lbs would he still be considered the best, cant miss, undisputed CB of the last 10 years?----I say no way. So his size and speed boost him more than they probably should. NOW- dont get me wrong, the guy is freaking insane and he Does have that size and speed which is even more insane (in a fantasticly good way). Just not on those guys levels, and like I said, I think he eventually gets moved to saftey.

As for Prince, He is real fluid. Very smooth in transitions, hips, nice low back pedal and I think he can shadow his man like revis etc and lock them up. He is not the best in run support though, but going on the pass defense part I see him being the better CB.

This is all my opinion, of course, which means nothing, but that is how I see things since you asked. Only time will tell. And I would be happy with any of them, unless it was at the expense of the DL....Trade down, get picks and still end up with PP/Prince- =I came in my pants.

teknic
04-17-2011, 05:39 PM
Plus, I think he is getting a TON of hype for his size/speed. I always look at it like this. If he was 5'11 and 185lbs would he still be considered the best, cant miss, undisputed CB of the last 10 years?----I say no way. So his size and speed boost him more than they probably should. NOW- dont get me wrong, the guy is freaking insane and he Does have that size and speed which is even more insane (in a fantasticly good way). Just not on those guys levels, and like I said, I think he eventually gets moved to saftey.

I think you're missing the point. His combination of size, speed, return instincts, and ball skills are exactly what puts him in consideration for the best DB prospect in a while. No **** if he was 5'11" and 185 he would not be thought of as the game changer that he is. That's like saying if Peyton Manning had awful accuracy, would he still be considered among the best QBs in the league. I can play this game too, if Dareus was 240lbs, would he still warrant a top 10 pick? See how dumb your argument against Peterson is? The fact is, Peterson is 6'1", 220lb, and ran a 4.34.

Not many players come out of college with a polished skill set, they still are in development for their first few years of their career, depending on their ability to learn and the learning curve associated with their position. Sure Peterson may not always show the best technique, but don't you think Champ would have a few pointers for him? Players still develop under the coaching in the NFL, because they are prospects. If you believe Fox and Allen can teach Peterson, then he is far and away the best prospect in this draft on measurables alone. Not only that, but he has the accolades and production to back up being one of the highest rated college DBs.

underrated29
04-17-2011, 06:02 PM
I think you're missing the point. His combination of size, speed, return instincts, and ball skills are exactly what puts him in consideration for the best DB prospect in a while. No **** if he was 5'11" and 185 he would not be thought of as the game changer that he is. That's like saying if Peyton Manning had awful accuracy, would he still be considered among the best QBs in the league. I can play this game too, if Dareus was 240lbs, would he still warrant a top 10 pick? See how dumb your argument against Peterson is? The fact is, Peterson is 6'1", 220lb, and ran a 4.34.

Not many players come out of college with a polished skill set, they still are in development for their first few years of their career, depending on their ability to learn and the learning curve associated with their position. Sure Peterson may not always show the best technique, but don't you think Champ would have a few pointers for him? Players still develop under the coaching in the NFL, because they are prospects. If you believe Fox and Allen can teach Peterson, then he is far and away the best prospect in this draft on measurables alone. Not only that, but he has the accolades and production to back up being one of the highest rated college DBs.

no man, your game is not apples to apples. We are only talking about the physical part. Saying peyton and his accuracy is about skill not physical traits.

So sorry, not working. You could do the same for dareus, but I put PP size and weight down to average CB stature...So you could also put dareus to average stature too. dropping him 50 lbs is kinda dumb.

Also- I think you missed the part where I said---- "NOW- dont get me wrong, the guy is freaking insane and he Does have that size and speed which is even more insane (in a fantasticly good way)"

See I understand that he does have that size and speed, but just because you are big and strong and fast does not mean you will be a good player or best in 10 years.

the second part of your response i agree with. But I do not think he is the best prospect in this draft. Plus, he would not be a return man on our team. We have royal, syd, cox, and cassius, and decker....

errand
04-18-2011, 05:21 AM
I just wonder how many times peterson will get double-moved on for a touchdown within his first few years in the NFL.

I'm sure it'll happen a few times...but if we can pressure the opposing QB it won't matter cuz the ball will be thrown way before the WR makes his double move, and the result will be an "IN-COM-PLETE" or INT....which is why Von Miller has been climbing up my personal wish list. If Doom comes back to anywhere near 17.5 sacks, and we have Miller too? I'm thinking QB's will actually fear playing Broncos again.

errand
04-18-2011, 05:39 AM
In all the drafts I've watched over the years from 1970 there have only been 3 players that were known to be a sure thing, the real deal before the draft and not based on media hype but on performance....in 1983 Elway, 1985 Smith, 2010, Suh.

Elway in '83 was very rare considering that there was a few solid to great QB's that deserved to be 1st rounders in Kelly, Marino, O' Brien, Eason and Blackledge....that John stood out as the no-brainer selection #1 overall is a great testament to his talent

Peyton Manning was for the most part save for a few clowns who thought Ryan Leaf should have been was the closest I've seen since...at least as far as QB's have been concerned.

jhns
04-18-2011, 05:58 AM
I would take Suh over most every player in the league. So, yes.

It would have been nice if we had our bad year a season earlier.

DrFate
04-18-2011, 06:18 AM

What a nonsensical argument.