PDA

View Full Version : Oenophiles rejoice - Water 2 Wine

Boobs McGee
04-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Anyone had the pleasure of checking this place out yet?

I recently attended a fundraiser at the location over by chicago mike's off of arapahoe and I25. VERY cool place.

Basically, they purchase the must (grapes, seeds, skins etc) from wineries across the world. Once it's shipped to their location, they have an incredibly cool process of fermentation that's done using plastic barrels, yeast, a VERY low amount of sulfides and almost no preservatives. They also use magnets to help accelerate the aging process, and voila. You have a very cheap alternative to some of the much more expensive vineyards. Custom Wines.

They have cheap tastings, tours, and they even let YOU make your own wine, from start to finish, complete with custom labels! It's a really cool idea... wonderful for gifts, or just to go experiment. Actually, my buddy's fiancÚ is going to throw her bachelorette party there now, and make 40 bottles of their own liking for wedding presents.

The wine is surprisingly tasty and "fresh", different from the majority of bottles out there with high levels of preservatives. It's hard to explain (and since I'm not a true oenophile by ANY stretch of the means, take this as a subjective review) the taste, but I was pleased with just about everything I tried.

I picked up a few bottles...A New Zealand Pinot Noir, Stag's Leap Merlot, and a Aussie Traminer-Riesling. The Pinot is unbelievably good.

They have a TON of variety. Really interesting stuff, even if you don't "like" wine they have some very non-winey wines... quite a few Rieslings, some ice wines, some other flavored dessert wines. They even had a chocolate cherry port that was pretty bomb.

Anywho, worth a look for anyone who likes the ol' vino.

www.water2wine.com (http://www.water2wine.com)

Oh and ps, I took the tour after about 2 hours of tasting, so if any of the info is incorrect my apologies

HILife
04-14-2011, 10:47 PM
Oh, I thought this thread was about how you turned water into wine.

HAT
04-14-2011, 10:56 PM
I thought this was a Tebow thread.....

:tebow:

Boobs McGee
04-15-2011, 12:32 AM
Fyi, when you search water to wine on the mane ( I was trying to see if somebody else already started a similar thread), a shiat load of tebow threads pop up haha