PDA

View Full Version : No Asterisk's for Barry Bonds

OBF1
04-13-2011, 03:21 PM
3 counts of lying to the grand jury about steriod use: MISTRIAL

1 count of obstruction, guilty. They are calling it the "Child Star" clause.

Sorry haters, no Asterisk's for Barry Bonds...Flame away

schaaf
04-13-2011, 03:33 PM
isn't the trial to continue?

OBF1
04-13-2011, 03:36 PM
Not as of right now. The feds can either call it a day or ask for a retrial on the 3 charges.

schaaf
04-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Thanks for clearing that up!

Blueflame
04-13-2011, 03:56 PM
Anyone else curious to know what Slap's take on this would be? :devil:

OBF1
04-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Anyone else curious to know what Slap's take on this would be? :devil:

Slap is beating his neighbors as we speak ROFL!

Drunk Monkey
04-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Ok, so does anyone really think he wasn't using steroids because of this? Right, and OJ didn't do it either.

Blueflame
04-13-2011, 05:10 PM
Slap is beating his neighbors as we speak ROFL!

Pretty sure an epic rant has been posted somewhere in cyberspace.... Ha!

OBF1
04-13-2011, 05:10 PM
Ok, so does anyone really think he wasn't using steroids because of this? Right, and OJ didn't do it either.

If you would stop trying to be an idiot.... Bonds did admit to using steriods. Now go find another topic to ruin.

Kaylore
04-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Well you said no asterisk and I think he thought you were implying this means he didn't cheat. We all know he cheated.

Drunk Monkey
04-13-2011, 05:16 PM
If you would stop trying to be an idiot.... Bonds did admit to using steriods. Now go find another topic to ruin.

Easy there turbo. I am a little behind on the baseball BS. Not really a fan of the sport. I was unaware he admitted to steroids. Having said that if he did use them why no asterisk?

OBF1
04-13-2011, 05:55 PM
Easy there turbo. I am a little behind on the baseball BS. Not really a fan of the sport. I was unaware he admitted to steroids. Having said that if he did use them why no asterisk?

Steriods were not a banned substance in MLB at the time in question. MLB banned anabolics in 2002 and HGH in 2005. If it was not banned, why would the records be "Marked"?

Bill Romanowski was busted for performance enhancing drugs, Should Denver have its superbowl titles taken away? Can't have it both ways.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-13-2011, 06:13 PM
Not even a logical comparison, you're discussing individual records vs team accomplishments.

And who gives a **** if baseball didn't ban them? They're illegal.

Eldorado
04-13-2011, 06:23 PM
baseball's ****ing stupid.

GO ROCKIES!!!!!

Jason7730
04-13-2011, 06:39 PM
The Home Run King HAS been convicted of a federal felony. One other important point here: As the prosecution emphatically pointed out during this trial, Bonds never denied USING steroids. He only denied "knowingly" using steroids.
What a chump and a serious cheater.

Drunk Monkey
04-13-2011, 06:40 PM
Steriods were not a banned substance in MLB at the time in question. MLB banned anabolics in 2002 and HGH in 2005. If it was not banned, why would the records be "Marked"?

Bill Romanowski was busted for performance enhancing drugs, Should Denver have its superbowl titles taken away? Can't have it both ways.

OK fine, no asterisks due to a technicality of MLBS being above the law with their rules. I think he is a jack ass due to his inability to come clean earlier. Him and Rodger brought all this on themselves. Their ego would not let them admit to what many other before them did.

Jason7730
04-13-2011, 06:41 PM
I thought that was flaxseed oil he was injecting into may ass!?! lol!!

Dr. Broncenstein
04-13-2011, 07:11 PM
http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad315/SabresDude81/Macho_Man_Cool_Story_Bro.jpg

Garcia Bronco
04-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Baseball has been on PEDs since the 50s.

broncocalijohn
04-13-2011, 10:15 PM

Oh he did except CBF1 and Garcia Bronco doesnt care that he did. YEAH FOR CHEATING! By the way, where was this trial? San Francisco area by any chance? Trainer in prison right now for not coming out and speaking against Bonds. Sure he never took the stuff. Only known human that head grew after 30. Amazing science!

DrFate
04-14-2011, 07:53 AM
Garcia is right on this topic.

Before steroids and HGH, it was cocaine. Before that, it was amphetamines. Even high character guys such as Mike Schmidt have admitted to using 'greenies' to help them have the energy to play a day game after a night game. Those are illegal too. It's just different ways to artificially 'help' the player perform. The baseball season is a long one and guys sometimes do stuff to get some kind of advantage. I've never understood the rationale why taking a pill that allows you to work out longer is worse than taking a pill that allows you to play in a game you'd be too tired to otherwise.

Too many baseball writers saw Field of Dreams as a kid and think that baseball is some kind of untouchable, hallowed entity. It's silly. The HOF is full of racists, womanizers, and guys who used illegal means to stay on top of the game. Spitballs, stealing signs, corked bats, etc. are all part of the story of baseball.

They need to vote these guys in, based on their numbers, and put up a plaque that says 'guys in this era took uppers, guys in this era took HGH and steroids, guys in this era didn't play against black players, etc.'

And move on...

Garcia Bronco
04-14-2011, 09:45 AM
Oh he did except CBF1 and Garcia Bronco doesnt care that he did. YEAH FOR CHEATING! By the way, where was this trial? San Francisco area by any chance? Trainer in prison right now for not coming out and speaking against Bonds. Sure he never took the stuff. Only known human that head grew after 30. Amazing science!

I don't care and the outrage is laughable considering baseball has been on some kind of drug to compete since the 50's. So if you are going to give Bonds an asterisk then you have to give all of them asterisks. And what's the point of an asterisk when everybody gets one?

further...and this is the best part....Steroids weren't even illegal in baseball until 2006 per the rules. So how anyone could be considered a cheater for using them is also laughable.

Move on.

FantomForce
04-14-2011, 11:10 AM

Worst argument ever! WTF? Romo never set "the all time record" in anything! You took this to a team level instead of an individual one.

woodall
04-14-2011, 11:27 AM
Baseball has been on PEDs since the 50s.

Yah...like Football is a clean sport. Ha!

Garcia Bronco
04-14-2011, 11:29 AM
Yah...like Football is a clean sport. Ha!

WTF does football have to do with it? SLAP used to say that same dumb****. It's irrelevent.

BroncoLifer
04-14-2011, 11:49 AM
further...and this is the best part....Steroids weren't even illegal in baseball until 2006 per the rules. So how anyone could be considered a cheater for using them is also laughable.

Move on.
No, the best part is that the non-medical use of steroids (i.e. not prescribed by a doctor for a legitimate medical problem) has been illegal in the United States per the rules (federal law -- the Controlled Substances Act) since 1990, thus anyone using them during the time in question is a criminal in the eyes of the law.

DrFate
04-14-2011, 12:21 PM
No, the best part is that the non-medical use of steroids (i.e. not prescribed by a doctor for a legitimate medical problem) has been illegal in the United States per the rules (federal law -- the Controlled Substances Act) since 1990, thus anyone using them during the time in question is a criminal in the eyes of the law.

Based on this rationale (and the whole HOF/asterisk thread) - anyone convicted of illegal drugs would have an 'asterisk'

Garcia Bronco
04-14-2011, 01:59 PM

I agree it is criminal, but it isn't cheating in baseball unless its against the rules in baseball.