PDA

View Full Version : OT: Game of Thrones Major Spoiler Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12

MagicHef
05-13-2013, 05:36 PM
so i'm not a book reader, obv, but why do the wildlings wanna invade the south? is their goal just to invade and post up, making that they're new home? north of the wall is really crappy, but i guess i'm just not understanding their end game here. as jon snow said, they don't really stand any real chance invading the kingdom.

They're trying to get away from the things that keep killing them.

lolcopter
05-13-2013, 05:40 PM
i get the white walkers... it's just been said they've tried invading a bunch of times before... unsuccessfully

didn't know if they had any new info/tactics that were supposed to work this time around, or if they're just playing it by ear.

i guess "winter is coming" is a good enough reason, haha

Old Dude
05-13-2013, 05:42 PM
so i'm not a book reader, obv, but why do the wildlings wanna invade the south? is their goal just to invade and post up, making that their new home? north of the wall is really crappy, but i guess i'm just not understanding their end game here. as jon snow said, they don't really stand any real chance invading the kingdom.

Like MagicHef said. They are trying to get away from the White Walkers.

(The past invasions were just attempted land grabs, but they were a long time ago.)

MagicHef
05-13-2013, 05:45 PM
i get the white walkers... it's just been said they've tried invading a bunch of times before... unsuccessfully

didn't know if they had any new info/tactics that were supposed to work this time around, or if they're just playing it by ear.

i guess "winter is coming" is a good enough reason, haha

They recognize that their options are getting across the wall or dying. Therefore, they are trying to get across the wall.

Fedaykin
05-13-2013, 06:58 PM
GRRM did a nice job with this episode. Tons of foreshadowing (though mostly only perceptible to book readers) and nods to the books.

If you haven't read the books, this'll be an episode you'll enjoy more the second time around I think.

houghtam
05-13-2013, 07:47 PM
GRRM did a nice job with this episode. Tons of foreshadowing (though mostly only perceptible to book readers) and nods to the books.

If you haven't read the books, this'll be an episode you'll enjoy more the second time around I think.

I haven't seen the last two episodes, but I'm caught up on the books. I don't get why everyone is so down on the Theon storyline. Considering this is only the first half of book three, it seems as if there is still plenty of time to allow his story to fade out and have the viewers (who haven't read the books) think he's dead. They could leave him out of next season entirely and bring him back for season five without losing much. Will that happen? Doubtful, but I think it's a bit too soon to be jumping to conclusions, particularly when this series has done such a fine job so far of adapting a story which most people probably thought would be difficult to do and impossible to do well.

DivineLegion
05-13-2013, 07:52 PM
I haven't seen the last two episodes, but I'm caught up on the books. I don't get why everyone is so down on the Theon storyline. Considering this is only the first half of book three, it seems as if there is still plenty of time to allow his story to fade out and have the viewers (who haven't read the books) think he's dead. They could leave him out of next season entirely and bring him back for season five without losing much. Will that happen? Doubtful, but I think it's a bit too soon to be jumping to conclusions, particularly when this series has done such a fine job so far of adapting a story which most people probably thought would be difficult to do and impossible to do well.

True, he's worthless until Moat Cailin.

Old Dude
05-14-2013, 04:53 AM
The Wildings have a few things going for them this time around that they probably didn't in past attempts:

1. Giants
2. A seriously diminished Nightwatch. (Even more diminished after the battle against the walkers and the subsequent mutiny at Craster's Keep.)
3. Westeros still in a state of civil war.
4. A long winter is presumably on its way and these folks are more adapted to that kind of environment.

DivineLegion
05-14-2013, 07:46 AM
The Wildings have a few things going for them this time around that they probably didn't in past attempts:

1. Giants
2. A seriously diminished Nightwatch. (Even more diminished after the battle against the walkers and the subsequent mutiny at Craster's Keep.)
3. Westeros still in a state of civil war.
4. A long winter is presumably on its way and these folks are more adapted to that kind of environment.

if I remember correctly Giants, the presence of walkers, and winter/fertile land have always been apart of Wildlings unified assaults. Many of them date back to the age of heros, with the likes of Brandon the Builder, and (insert Stark here). The Dragons seem to be the key to Magic, and they have only been gone 200 years at this point in the story. I can't remember when the most recent Wildling raid took place, but I can almost guerentee that the previous 5 involved the factors you mentioned; minus the recent events of course.

TheReverend
05-14-2013, 07:49 AM

Coincidentally, that's when it started to get redundant and needlessly tedious.

MagicHef
05-14-2013, 07:54 AM
if I remember correctly Giants, the presence of walkers, and winter/fertile land have always been apart of Wildlings unified assaults. Many of them date back to the age of heros, with the likes of Brandon the Builder, and (insert Stark here). The Dragons seem to be the key to Magic, and they have only been gone 200 years at this point in the story. I can't remember when the most recent Wildling raid took place, but I can almost guerentee that the previous 5 involved the factors you mentioned; minus the recent events of course.

White Walkers haven't been seen in 8,000 years. That is the new factor.

DivineLegion
05-14-2013, 08:02 AM
White Walkers haven't been seen in 8,000 years. That is the new factor.

Well ****, at least we know they had Giants.

Johnykbr
05-14-2013, 08:10 AM
So... Jeyne (or at least her counterpart on the show) is definitely pregnant. This was a point of much speculation because it is never spelled out in the books, and could have big consequences for the story going forward.

Not sure how I feel about this. It is a widely accepted theory that she is pregnant in the book and ran off. If she doesn't die at the Red Wedding and ends up pregnant in the book, we are potentially seeing a massive spoiler for the upcoming books.

Otherwise I enjoyed the episode. I don't mind the torture scenes (how else do we get Reek?) but the sex scene was definitely GRRM'esque and didn't need to be so long.

Stars of the episode were Jaime, Dany, and Tywin imo.

MagicHef
05-14-2013, 09:14 AM
Maybe we won't see Theon/Reek or Ramsay again until season 5. That would be nice.

Heyneck
05-14-2013, 09:14 AM
Huge spoiler! Don't press play unless you want to see how Tywin end up.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TbwroS0YP54" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old Dude
05-14-2013, 09:23 AM
Well ****, at least we know they had Giants.

Not sure where you're getting that.

King Beyond the Wall Joramun supposedly woke the giants with a horn about 8,000 yrs ago, but he wasn't really involved in an invasion of Westeros. On the contrary, he joined up with the Starks to bring down the Night's King.

About 3000 years ago, Kings beyond the Wall Gendel and Gorne invaded, but that was accomplished by digging under the Wall. (Storm of Swords, Chapter 26) No mention of giants.

About 184 AL Raymun Redbeard led an invasion, accomplished by sending a raiding party to climb the wall and send down ropes & ladders. (Clash of Kings, ch 23, DoD chap 7). Again, no mention of giants.

I can't find any reference to the other times the Wildlings supposedly invaded.

We do know that Wildlings have occasionally interacted with giants before Mance united everyone, but I can't find anything that says they raided the south together and it seems pretty unlikely give the methods referenced. (Very hard to lift a mammoth up over the wall or to dig a tunnel big enough for it.)

TheReverend
05-14-2013, 09:25 AM
Not sure how I feel about this. It is a widely accepted theory that she is pregnant in the book and ran off. If she doesn't die at the Red Wedding and ends up pregnant in the book, we are potentially seeing a massive spoiler for the upcoming books.

Otherwise I enjoyed the episode. I don't mind the torture scenes (how else do we get Reek?) but the sex scene was definitely GRRM'esque and didn't need to be so long.

Stars of the episode were Jaime, Dany, and Tywin imo.

Either way it's a spoiler since we should know pretty definitively that she's pregnant or not based on the direction they go.

I think its a good thing. They SHOULD be giving viewers that have read the books new content to enjoy. What difference does it make if we read the spoiler in book 6/7 or see it now? In fact, now we get to debate whether it's real or not. Kinda makes it more fun.

Old Dude
05-14-2013, 09:30 AM

I recently came across speculation concerning a gigantic spoiler involving all of this. Most of the time, when I read theories about this or that, I kind of shrug and say hmmn ... maybe ... maybe not ... and move on. The theory I'm talking about here, however, is extraordinarily well-developed but it would involve such a huge spoiler that I don't even want to post it on the thread. If it's correct, we'll know by season's end.

People who want to get spoiled are welcome to PM me and I'll send the link.

Johnykbr
05-14-2013, 09:34 AM
People who want to get spoiled are welcome to PM me and I'll send the link.

I just shot you off one, I would love to read about it.

underrated29
05-14-2013, 10:50 AM
Its not the R+L=J or anything like that is it?

cutthemdown
05-14-2013, 11:07 AM
it was a great episode. When Brianne says, "Sir Jamie" the acting IMO was top notch and you could see how much it meant to him in his eyes.

People told me Jamie Lannister had a great story arch and we are starting to see it. He's regaining himself. It's obvious its the dad of the family who screwed all the kids up.

TheReverend
05-14-2013, 11:48 AM
it was a great episode. When Brianne says, "Sir Jamie" the acting IMO was top notch and you could see how much it meant to him in his eyes.

People told me Jamie Lannister had a great story arch and we are starting to see it. He's regaining himself. It's obvious its the dad of the family who screwed all the kids up.

Everyone (and me) in this thread is currently nerd raging over that

MagicHef
05-14-2013, 12:59 PM
Either way it's a spoiler since we should know pretty definitively that she's pregnant or not based on the direction they go.

I think its a good thing. They SHOULD be giving viewers that have read the books new content to enjoy. What difference does it make if we read the spoiler in book 6/7 or see it now? In fact, now we get to debate whether it's real or not. Kinda makes it more fun.

There's a theory that she's basically Jeyne and Sybell Spicer rolled into one, and she's a spy working for the Lannisters. I hadn't noticed, but apparently she's writing letters nearly every time she's on screen. In that case, she may be lying about being pregnant.

Taco John
05-14-2013, 01:02 PM
I watched the episode again last night, and I have to say that it ranks pretty high in my favorite episodes. GRRM really packed in a lot of meaning in this one. There's a lot of emotion and character development/revealation in it. Arya saying that her one true god is death. Sansa and Maergery's discussion - and Sansa still so naive. Osha's tale of her husband - which is amazing coming straight from GRRM. "Ser" Jaime. The boy king and the pimp hand. Tyrion pleading with Shae. Clyburn and Jaime's discussion. Robb and Talisa. This episode was chock full of character development and revelations.

Johnykbr
05-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Everyone (and me) in this thread is currently nerd raging over that

Did this happen in the book? If not, it was a good change especially in light of their interactions later in the series.

Taco John
05-14-2013, 01:56 PM
Did this happen in the book? If not, it was a good change especially in light of their interactions later in the series.

Yes, it happened in the books as well.

MagicHef
05-14-2013, 02:06 PM

Rev is referring to the spelling.

lolcopter
05-14-2013, 03:17 PM
lol Jaime

Talisa got dat ass in this episode. So good, better than those Dreadfort skanks

Baba Booey
05-14-2013, 03:53 PM
Kingslolayer

Johnykbr
05-14-2013, 04:17 PM
Rev is referring to the spelling.

Yes, I know it's supposed to be Ser. I just didn't remember that in the book.

lolcopter
05-14-2013, 04:24 PM
Yes, I know it's supposed to be Ser. I just didn't remember that in the book.

Jamie =/= Jaime

Taco John
05-14-2013, 04:26 PM
Sexy is Coming.

http://i.imgur.com/DQDUSQe.jpg

DivineLegion
05-14-2013, 09:45 PM
(Swoon) Of his forked mustacio! (swoon)

DivineLegion
05-14-2013, 09:54 PM
Not sure where you're getting that.

King Beyond the Wall Joramun supposedly woke the giants with a horn about 8,000 yrs ago, but he wasn't really involved in an invasion of Westeros. On the contrary, he joined up with the Starks to bring down the Night's King.

About 3000 years ago, Kings beyond the Wall Gendel and Gorne invaded, but that was accomplished by digging under the Wall. (Storm of Swords, Chapter 26) No mention of giants.

About 184 AL Raymun Redbeard led an invasion, accomplished by sending a raiding party to climb the wall and send down ropes & ladders. (Clash of Kings, ch 23, DoD chap 7). Again, no mention of giants.

I can't find any reference to the other times the Wildlings supposedly invaded.

We do know that Wildlings have occasionally interacted with giants before Mance united everyone, but I can't find anything that says they raided the south together and it seems pretty unlikely give the methods referenced. (Very hard to lift a mammoth up over the wall or to dig a tunnel big enough for it.)

Well, now that the Giants are disputed I have no legs to stand on. I based my argument on circumstantial evidence that Giants existed beyond the wall, but were rare, natives if the frost fangs, beyond the common man. I guess I assumed any great leader would utilize every asset of at their disposal. Do we have circumstantial evidence outside one raid to suggest against the involvement of giants? GRRM wrote the last episode of the show, and Jon esplicitly mentioned 6 previous attacks on the wall, it wasn't in the books.

TheReverend
05-15-2013, 02:26 AM
(Swoon) Of his forked mustacio! (swoon)

GRRM's version of Nynaeve tugging on her braids

Old Dude
05-15-2013, 07:09 AM
Of the reasons I mentioned above, giants are probably the least of it. It's not clear how many have joined the Wildlings, but we're talking about dozens rather than thousands.

They'd make nice shock troops, but a squad of crossbowmen could probably take out any of them with a clear field of fire. I think they might be more useful as field engineers.

The biggest issue, by far, is the civil war. The Stark forces at Winterfell have historically been the bane of these invasions, but those forces (that aren't already dead) are far to the south. Most of the fleet went down at Blackwater. The Ironborn are causing their own problems on the western shores. Provisions and supply are going to be a problem with the mess in the Riverlands. Many of the troops are pinned down in combat or protecting strongholds from their rivals.

And, of course, a new player in the game has it's own bargaining power.

TheReverend
05-15-2013, 08:33 AM
http://s9.postimg.org/eqn0sk2el/DRAGONNEGGEDHQ.gif

DivineLegion
05-15-2013, 09:03 AM
Of the reasons I mentioned above, giants are probably the least of it. It's not clear how many have joined the Wildlings, but we're talking about dozens rather than thousands.

They'd make nice shock troops, but a squad of crossbowmen could probably take out any of them with a clear field of fire. I think they might be more useful as field engineers.

The biggest issue, by far, is the civil war. The Stark forces at Winterfell have historically been the bane of these invasions, but those forces (that aren't already dead) are far to the south. Most of the fleet went down at Blackwater. The Ironborn are causing their own problems on the western shores. Provisions and supply are going to be a problem with the mess in the Riverlands. Many of the troops are pinned down in combat or protecting strongholds from their rivals.

And, of course, a new player in the game has it's own bargaining power.

Agreed.

In terms of the Giants utility, Mance used them as walking battering rams after theirs was burned. I can't remember the Giants name off the top of my head, the one that took a liking to Jon, that crawled through the gate beating down doors until Donal Noye killed him. The mammoths were like horses for the Giants, simply a quicker means for getting from point A to B.

The Giants name was Mag.

DivineLegion
05-15-2013, 09:03 AM
Oops

El Guapo
05-15-2013, 12:23 PM
I watched the episode again last night, and I have to say that it ranks pretty high in my favorite episodes. GRRM really packed in a lot of meaning in this one. There's a lot of emotion and character development/revealation in it. Arya saying that her one true god is death. Sansa and Maergery's discussion - and Sansa still so naive. Osha's tale of her husband - which is amazing coming straight from GRRM. "Ser" Jaime. The boy king and the pimp hand. Tyrion pleading with Shae. Clyburn and Jaime's discussion. Robb and Talisa. This episode was chock full of character development and revelations.

Agreed, whoheartedy. I watched it (finally) last night and I was coming here to say what has already been said.

and, yes, I was nerd raging at the top of this thread. LOL

v2micca
05-16-2013, 08:51 AM
My Apologies if this has been addressed already in the thread, but has anyone else noticed that Jaime Lanister is basically Luke Skywalker?

Both:

Have a bit too close of a relationship with their twin sister.
Have lost their right hand.
Have a difficult relationship with their father.
Have been involved in the killing of an Evil Mad King/Emperor.

GRRM is a bit of a geek. This cannot be a complete coincidence.

Old Dude
05-16-2013, 09:10 AM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6367362304/h34829BA0/

Drunk Monkey
05-16-2013, 09:14 AM
My Apologies if this has been addressed already in the thread, but has anyone else noticed that Jaime Lanister is basically Luke Skywalker?

Both:

Have a bit too close of a relationship with their twin sister.
Have lost their right hand.
Have a difficult relationship with their father.
Have been involved in the killing of an Evil Mad King/Emperor.

GRRM is a bit of a geek. This cannot be a complete coincidence.

Skywalker is a good person, is always portrayed as a good person. He does the right thing almost all the time.

Jamie is the exact opposite.

The circumstances of their environment are similar but their personalities are very different.

Requiem
05-16-2013, 09:28 AM
Read The Hero With A Thousand Faces and you will get at where GRRM and GL were getting some of their ideas from.

Old Dude
05-16-2013, 02:24 PM
Latest Facebook Updates:

NOT WORK SAFE

http://www.happyplace.com/23906/game-of-thrones-facebook-recap-season-3-episode-7

lolcopter
05-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Latest Facebook Updates:

NOT WORK SAFE

http://www.happyplace.com/23906/game-of-thrones-facebook-recap-season-3-episode-7

lol amazing

Lestat
05-16-2013, 05:27 PM
that's just awesome

Baba Booey
05-20-2013, 08:10 AM
Great episode last night

Anyone think we'll meet Coldhands this season?

v2micca
05-20-2013, 08:48 AM
Okay, did I just miss this until recently? According to the official website, we don't get another new episode until June. Was this always the schedule or is this a recent change?

Old Dude
05-20-2013, 08:54 AM
Memorial Day break.

Old Dude
05-20-2013, 09:04 AM
Great episode last night

Anyone think we'll meet Coldhands this season?

I'd say it's about 50/50. And, if so, probably not until the final few scenes of episode 10, cliffhanger fashion.

Reason: Looks like there's already an awful lot of other stuff to cover in Episode 9.

Also, based on the preview for next week, it looks to me like they are folding the events of Meereen into the Yunkai setting. That would be consistent with some of the other streamling they've done. I think they really are trying to wrap this up in 7 seasons.

StugotsIII
05-20-2013, 09:09 AM
Red Wedding====E9

Baba Booey
05-20-2013, 09:26 AM
Ep 9 is quite clearly the Red Wedding and sounds like Queen's Crown will be included as well.

In episode ten I'm guessing/hoping:

Yunkai falls (hence the title "Mhysa" or "Mother")
Coldhands
Lady Stoneheart?
Battle at Castle Black/Ygritte?

Probably a lot to cram into one episode but oh well

Old Dude
05-20-2013, 09:34 AM
also:

Balon Greyjoy?
Davos?
Mandatory Theon Torture Scene?
Mandatory Joffrey-being-an-ass-scene?
Ravens release from Castle Black?

MagicHef
05-20-2013, 11:43 AM
My preference would be:

9:
Red Wedding
Queen's Crown

10:
Yunkai
Castle Black
Coldhands as last shot of season

Stoneheart as last shot of season 4

Nothing more about Reek until season 5

Baba Booey
05-20-2013, 12:33 PM
My preference would be:

9:
Red Wedding
Queen's Crown

10:
Yunkai
Castle Black
Coldhands as last shot of season

Stoneheart as last shot of season 4

Nothing more about Reek until season 5

You're right re: Lady Stoneheart. Forgot that's not until the epilogue of A Storm of Swords.

MagicHef
05-20-2013, 01:51 PM
You're right re: Lady Stoneheart. Forgot that's not until the epilogue of A Storm of Swords.

I don't know if they'll wait that long, though. I think a lot of the shock of her appearing is due to the fact that you've assumed her dead for a long, long time. I think that would be lost if she showed up one episode later. We'll see what they want to do, I guess.

Baba Booey
05-20-2013, 02:20 PM
I don't know if they'll wait that long, though. I think a lot of the shock of her appearing is due to the fact that you've assumed her dead for a long, long time. I think that would be lost if she showed up one episode later. We'll see what they want to do, I guess.

Well remember, they still have the entire second half of Swords to do for season four. That should imply enough time has passed.

Old Dude
05-21-2013, 01:31 PM
Facebookish Episode 8. Also NOT WORK SAFE.

http://www.happyplace.com/24039/game-of-thrones-facebook-recap-season-3-episode-8

Broncos_OTM
05-21-2013, 03:13 PM
Like MagicHef said. They are trying to get away from the White Walkers.

(The past invasions were just attempted land grabs, but they were a long time ago.)

Not to mention have they ever been unified....

kappys
05-22-2013, 06:51 PM
I could see them saving both weddings for episode 10 - kind of doing a back and forth between the two nuptials

peacepipe
05-22-2013, 07:01 PM
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/03/22/hbo-reportedly-mulling-game-of-thrones-prequel-series.html
I don't know if this has been posted but there might be a prequel.

In a recent interview with IGN, Martin said he has been in talks with HBO about possibly developing a prequel series for Game of Thrones, which would revolve around his Tales of Dunk and Egg novellas, which are set roughly 90 years before the start of the HBO series (and the first novel, A Game of Thrones).
Any thoughts?

Baba Booey
05-22-2013, 08:17 PM
If it came from Martin's mind I'm in.

misturanderson
05-22-2013, 10:13 PM
I could see them saving both weddings for episode 10 - kind of doing a back and forth between the two nuptials

I doubt it, considering the title of the episode, "Mhysa." I'm betting the royal wedding is being saved for the first episode of next season.

Boobs McGee
05-23-2013, 07:55 AM
I doubt it, considering the title of the episode, "Mhysa." I'm betting the royal wedding is being saved for the first episode of next season.

Can someone refresh my memory as to the progression of the Red / Royal weddings in the book? Was there a pretty large difference in time between the two?

There are so many glorious deaths in such a short time...I wonder if they'll stretch the subsequent happenings directly after the Royal Wedding into a few episodes.

Johnykbr
05-23-2013, 08:56 AM
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/03/22/hbo-reportedly-mulling-game-of-thrones-prequel-series.html
I don't know if this has been posted but there might be a prequel.

Any thoughts?

If this won't get in the way of him releasing WoW then I am all for it. However I am pessimistic when it comes to his ability to concentrate on a single task.

Taco John
05-23-2013, 09:09 AM
Too bad it won't be on this weekend...

Old Dude
05-23-2013, 10:26 AM
Can someone refresh my memory as to the progression of the Red / Royal weddings in the book? Was there a pretty large difference in time between the two?

There are so many glorious deaths in such a short time...I wonder if they'll stretch the subsequent happenings directly after the Royal Wedding into a few episodes.

My impression was that only a week or two separated the events. There was enough time for the initial report to reach King's Landing, as well as the subsequent gory details (some of which happened the day after). Then there was enough time for Salladhor Saan to witness the Lannister troops celebrating in King's Landing and then for him to sail to Dragonstone to give a report to Stannis.

But the TV series could easily change that, just as it's altered many other timelines.

Fedaykin
05-23-2013, 10:47 AM
If this won't get in the way of him releasing WoW then I am all for it. However I am pessimistic when it comes to his ability to concentrate on a single task.

Careful in your complaints about his getting books done. There is a dwindling number of Starks left for him to kill off in retaliation.

Johnykbr
05-23-2013, 12:15 PM
Careful in your complaints about his getting books done. There is a dwindling number of Starks left for him to kill off in retaliation.

LOL. If he kills off Bran then I will make it my email signature. I despise that kid because of the show.

DivineLegion
05-23-2013, 12:17 PM
The title of episode 9 is the Rains of Castamere, its safe to assume this will be the red wedding.

JLesSPE
05-23-2013, 12:18 PM
And the episode description is "King Robb presents himself to Walder Frey". Safe to say the red wedding is going down in ep 9

Kaylore
05-23-2013, 12:36 PM
They should have Billy Idol sing as the credits roll.

ZONA
05-23-2013, 12:36 PM
So what was up with that face on the tree? I for sure thought the tree was going to talk to that stranded couple with the baby. They kept showing that tree face but it never talked or anything. Weak. And what was chubby thinking there. Clearly that blade was special, it killed one of those freaks. And then he runs off like a dumbass and leaves it on the ground. Even if it wasn't a special magical blade, who in the hell in those times runs off and leaves a perfectly good blade laying on the ground. It would take 2 seconds to pick it up. Idiot. I hope some monster has him roasting over a fire next week, hahaha.

EDIT - and oh yeah, witch lady got a rockin body. Be tapping that ****, leaches or no leaches.

underrated29
05-23-2013, 12:42 PM
So what was up with that face on the tree? I for sure thought the tree was going to talk to that stranded couple with the baby. They kept showing that tree face but it never talked or anything. Weak. And what was chubby thinking there. Clearly that blade was special, it killed one of those freaks. And then he runs off like a dumbass and leaves it on the ground. Even if it wasn't a special magical blade, who in the hell in those times runs off and leaves a perfectly good blade laying on the ground. It would take 2 seconds to pick it up. Idiot. I hope some monster has him roasting over a fire next week, hahaha.

EDIT - and oh yeah, witch lady got a rockin body. Be tapping that ****, leaches or no leaches.

Almost all of the weirwood trees has a face carved in them. They are the old trees, the trees of the gods or whatever they say. From the original men, or children of the forest.

ZONA
05-23-2013, 12:52 PM
Almost all of the weirwood trees has a face carved in them. They are the old trees, the trees of the gods or whatever they say. From the original men, or children of the forest.

Cool. But would you bang that witch? Hahaha

underrated29
05-23-2013, 03:16 PM
I already have. A few times.

StugotsIII
05-23-2013, 03:18 PM
I already have. A few times.

Link?

El Guapo
05-24-2013, 10:45 AM
And the episode description is "King Robb presents himself to Walder Frey". Safe to say the red wedding is going down in ep 9

I'm preppin' myself now... :pity:

Old Dude
05-27-2013, 08:36 AM
http://i.imgur.com/qbvPmvH.jpg

Kaylore
05-27-2013, 10:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/qbvPmvH.jpg

Two of my favorite shows! ;D

DivineLegion
05-27-2013, 11:26 AM
If only it were that sweet...

El Guapo
05-27-2013, 06:03 PM
no, it will be better.

StugotsIII
05-27-2013, 06:07 PM
no, it will be better.

Actually I thought how he went out wasn't all that great

Drunk Monkey
05-27-2013, 07:17 PM

I don't know about that. He lacked the necessary skill to make it a glorious death in battle. The way it went down and by who's hands was pretty good.

DivineLegion
05-27-2013, 07:29 PM
SPOILER:

StugotsIII
05-27-2013, 07:59 PM
I don't know about that. He lacked the necessary skill to make it a glorious death in battle. The way it went down and by who's hands was pretty good.

Meh…I wished it were Tyrian or someone that was really wronged by him. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to see him die...

El Guapo
05-28-2013, 05:47 AM

Agreed, but I was just happy to see him go.

Soon.

TheReverend
05-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Raj from Big Bang Theory was just cast as the Red Viper...

Kaylore
05-30-2013, 01:19 PM
Raj from Big Bang Theory was just cast as the Red Viper...

http://media.tumblr.com/cc13b631e92854de908b1d9d3102f8ba/tumblr_inline_mmhh1ggBYP1qz4rgp.gif

Yeah right.

TheReverend
05-30-2013, 01:24 PM
Yeah right.

Wallowitz is playing Aegon.

Kaylore
05-30-2013, 01:26 PM
Wallowitz is playing Aegon.

http://courtsideconvo.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/2lbdkp2.gif

DivineLegion
05-30-2013, 06:29 PM
I heard Penny is playing Penny.

Peter Jackson movie tricks I guess...

Taco John
05-30-2013, 07:53 PM
Charlie Kelly is being cast as Victarion.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JiA5RjbnlZk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Taco John
05-30-2013, 08:10 PM
Actually, I'd be interested to see Michael Shannon cast as Victarion.

http://i.imgur.com/SJY8TUP.jpg

Iron Born!

http://i.imgur.com/d7hTPOQ.jpg

He's got a Grayjoy look about him...

Taco John
05-30-2013, 08:24 PM
Gabriel Byrne as Mace Tyrell:

http://i.imgur.com/p7MlI6M.jpg

Taco John
05-30-2013, 08:27 PM
And, of course... Duh... This guy as the Red Viper:

http://i.imgur.com/c4skHpg.jpg

Taco John
05-30-2013, 08:32 PM
Ok, seriously...

Eion Macken as Oberyn:

http://i.imgur.com/7XYvnpz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KAQwZig.jpg

Old Dude
06-02-2013, 12:21 PM
Just a few hours to go, and the cake ain't done.

http://media.tumblr.com/9de396539116c4bb95a7a1a7411a8844/tumblr_inline_mn2ue8Q13V1qz4rgp.gif

TheReverend
06-02-2013, 01:00 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YkADj0TPrJA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

StugotsIII
06-02-2013, 01:05 PM
Chilly paws sighting tonight?

Johnykbr
06-02-2013, 04:46 PM
Chilly paws sighting tonight?

Is he Cold Hands talking pet dog who helps him fight crime?

StugotsIII
06-02-2013, 05:12 PM

That would be great

TheReverend
06-02-2013, 05:13 PM

Sounds adorable.

I smell a children's spin off...

JLesSPE
06-02-2013, 06:54 PM
I knew it was coming and it still made me sick to my stomach. I want all the Lannisters to burn.

TheReverend
06-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Masterfully done. Even knowing it was coming I just stared with a throat full of emotion through the credits

Old Dude
06-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Well, I guess that answered a question or two.

peacepipe
06-02-2013, 07:00 PM
probably the best episode of the season. I'm even more excited for next weeks episode. This was the biggest WTF moment in the books when I read them.

Boobs McGee
06-02-2013, 07:03 PM
Just, wow. That was one of the most tense episodes of television I've watched in a long time.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-02-2013, 07:09 PM
Wow wow wee wow

elsid13
06-02-2013, 07:13 PM
Good episode tonight.

jutang
06-02-2013, 08:03 PM
Ned Stark's death was truley the wtf moment of the series for me so far. It set up the tone that no character is safe. Robb's death seemed like it was a matter of time after his mom undermined him and let Jamie go.

Archer81
06-02-2013, 08:07 PM
Intense episode. Harder to watch then I thought it would be...and to have the missing Starks THAT close...damn.

:Broncos:

lolcopter
06-02-2013, 08:10 PM
holy ****

starks are terrible at this game

lol robb

Mat'hir Uth Gan
06-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Never thought I'd see that play out on film or TV. It was tough to watch, but done extremely well. There's going to be a more than a few people who swear off the show after tonight.

Taco John
06-02-2013, 10:18 PM
Never thought I'd see that play out on film or TV. It was tough to watch, but done extremely well. There's going to be a more than a few people who swear off the show after tonight.

Sweet summer children...

Aftermath
06-02-2013, 10:28 PM
That ending made me numb. Incredible. Pissed they killed the wolf too.

Baba Booey
06-02-2013, 10:34 PM
I mean if you think about it the only ****ty Lannister left is Cersei

I want to see the Boltons get theirs more than anything

Kaylore
06-02-2013, 10:46 PM
This why people who complain that the set up episodes are going too slow need to shut up.

Fedaykin
06-02-2013, 10:50 PM
Certainly answers some lingering questions about Jeyne/Talisa's fate, unless the writers are getting themselves in a bind.

Fedaykin
06-02-2013, 10:55 PM

Boltons & Freys have it coming big time.

That just means they'll live to a riper(er) old age though.

cutthemdown
06-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Wow that was a bloodbath.

cutthemdown
06-02-2013, 11:00 PM

The king is a lannister also.

cutthemdown
06-02-2013, 11:01 PM
Rob Stark never had what it took to lead his family. He made his choices like a boy and his whole family paid the price. To not be wary and looking out for a double cross was his last mistake.

Fedaykin
06-02-2013, 11:06 PM
Rob Stark never had what it took to lead his family. He made his choices like a boy and his whole family paid the price. To not be wary and looking out for a double cross was his last mistake.

It's one thing getting very badly translated. In the books, he is a boy of ~14-15, not a man in his 20s like the show/actor conveys.

Of course, so is Dany, Theon, etc.

cutthemdown
06-02-2013, 11:11 PM
It's one thing getting very badly translated. In the books, he is a boy of ~14-15, not a man in his 20s like the show/actor conveys.

Of course, so is Dany, Theon, etc.

His little brother Bran seems like an older soul and someone who puts family first more.

myMind
06-02-2013, 11:20 PM

Or maybe Tywin, but maybe...

*edit* are you referring to the current books, or what just happened in the show?

For some reason I think Arya and (Jon (DoA)) are going to bring the pain.

A fitting end for Walder Frey would be to waste away to disease before everything plays out...or be killed by his own.

El Guapo
06-03-2013, 05:52 AM
Well, when I got to this point in the books I literally threw the book down and didn't pick it back up for a week. They did a great job with last nights episode and I look forward to more! Sucks there is only one episode left this season, but it should be good.

Don't get me wrong, I was pissed about them killing off Robb and his mom, but man did I cringe when they took out the direwolf.

TheReverend
06-03-2013, 06:07 AM
Well, when I got to this point in the books I literally threw the book down and didn't pick it back up for a week. They did a great job with last nights episode and I look forward to more! Sucks there is only one episode left this season, but it should be good.

Don't get me wrong, I was pissed about them killing off Robb and his mom, but man did I cringe when they took out the direwolf.

That wounded dog whimper gets me every time...

StugotsIII
06-03-2013, 06:15 AM

This is a common reaction…

The GoT book throw…

More to come:D

Baba Booey
06-03-2013, 06:40 AM
The king is a lannister also.

I'm talking about current to the books, and Tommen isn't bad at all.

TheReverend
06-03-2013, 06:43 AM
I'm talking about current to the books, and Tommen isn't bad at all.

Yeah. Honestly at this point, all of the true players for the Iron Throne would probably be great and fair at it (Stannis, Dany, Jon, Aegon, assuredly more to come--looking at you Petyr Baelish, Sansa Stark, etc)

Kaylore
06-03-2013, 07:03 AM
I actually think Littlefinger would be a terrible king.

El Guapo
06-03-2013, 07:08 AM
100% agreed.

Johnykbr
06-03-2013, 07:33 AM
Best acting award goes to Jorah with that completely anguished look he gave when Dany asked him about Daario.

Fantastic episode overall. I wish Grey Wind could have taken down some of the Frey's like he did in the book.

Also, we've talked about it before but if Martin did tell the HBO crew what the ending will be and if they are attempting to follow it, then that means we all received the spoiler that Jeyne, who may still be pregnant, is not really going to play a huge part in the upcoming books.

Johnykbr
06-03-2013, 07:34 AM
Also, if you want to read something funny, look up this episode on Twitter...those comments are hilarious. If all the threats from the girls are true, this show just lost over half its female audience.

Baba Booey
06-03-2013, 08:42 AM
Gonna use spoilers cause I'm talking about stuff that's at the very end of book five and everyone might not be there.

Aegon certainly looks poised to take the throne in the short term. I'm interested to see what happens when/if Dany crosses the Narrow Sea. (Will she have a Khalasar to go along with her Unsullied? Will she join with/marry Aegon or oppose him?)

Fully convinced that Littlefinger is just a piece of **** and will use Sansa as a means to an end or just betray her. It was bad-****ing-ass when he chucked Lysa out the moon gate though. I hope they keep that in the show.

Pretty obvious Jon isn't dead, but who the hell knows what's next for him. Maybe Tormund saves him or something?

Everything about the story north of the wall compels the hell out of me. Sounds like Martin is going to take us way north in the next two books, too.

Kaylore
06-03-2013, 08:45 AM
Also, if you want to read something funny, look up this episode on Twitter...those comments are hilarious. If all the threats from the girls are true, this show just lost over half its female audience.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5abmgvhSq1qeee3yo1_500.gif

El Guapo
06-03-2013, 09:04 AM
I don't go on twitter, please post a summary (although I can only imagine). I'll begin my eye roll in the meantime.

Johnykbr
06-03-2013, 09:34 AM
I don't go on twitter, please post a summary (although I can only imagine). I'll begin my eye roll in the meantime.

I took time on the actual trend but here is an article that has some of the better ones on it...

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2013/06/game-of-thrones-red-wedding/65812/

El Guapo
06-03-2013, 10:15 AM
HAHA! What do they think this is, Twilight? I guess some can't deal with the fact that those characters are all human and can die at a moments notice. It doesn't matter if you're a popular/main character, such is life.

If I can digress for a moment; I guess this is another glimpse into what our society has become, a bunch of sheltered and protected little lambs. The same sheep that blindly purchase and defend the iPhone as being the best.

StugotsIII
06-03-2013, 10:32 AM
http://i.imgur.com/hlVCufj.gifHAHA! What do they think this is, Twilight? I guess some can't deal with the fact that those characters are all human and can die at a moments notice. It doesn't matter if you're a popular/main character, such is life.

If I can digress for a moment; I guess this is another glimpse into what our society has become, a bunch of sheltered and protected little lambs. The same sheep that blindly purchase and defend the iPhone has being the best.

http://i.imgur.com/hlVCufj.gif

StugotsIII
06-03-2013, 10:42 AM
http://img.pandawhale.com/63221-game-of-thrones-wedding-crashe-3ulc.jpeg

Kaylore
06-03-2013, 10:50 AM
You have to learn to accept that George R.R. Martin kills all his characters. At first I hated it. But then I tried to acknowledge that 1.) Everyone dies. and 2.) It's a war in Medieval-ish times, which means a lot of people die. To enjoy the books, you really mush enjoy the characters on every page because they very well could be gone in just a few chapters. So enjoy them while you have them.

I was more sad about other deaths upcoming. And while it does seem the Stark's get shat on lot in GOT, it's setting up some more cool elements.

Baba Booey
06-03-2013, 10:56 AM
A new chapter in The Winds of Winter was just released:

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i403/dperry7/35B10A65-F35B-427C-91F1-9441BED570B4-22994-00000CEE09E89402_zps2de769d4.jpg

StugotsIII
06-03-2013, 11:00 AM

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i403/dperry7/35B10A65-F35B-427C-91F1-9441BED570B4-22994-00000CEE09E89402_zps2de769d4.jpg

HOLY SPOILERS!!!

Fedaykin
06-03-2013, 11:11 AM
The only thing I was disappointing in was that Rosalin was happy and smiling during the feast. The added horror that she knew what was going to happen at her own wedding would have added just that much more.

Old Dude
06-03-2013, 11:28 AM
On the bright side, looks like we get more Theon torture next week.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
06-03-2013, 12:03 PM
These reactions are great:

http://youtu.be/78juOpTM3tE

Johnykbr
06-03-2013, 12:07 PM

I never knew Hodor was so spiritual...but I do have to say that I disapprove of the profanities.

TheReverend
06-03-2013, 12:17 PM
I never knew Hodor was so spiritual...but I do have to say that I disapprove of the profanities.

http://i.minus.com/i5lnbUst2vyzo.gif

myMind
06-03-2013, 12:18 PM
These reactions are great:

http://youtu.be/78juOpTM3tE

3:14 made me laugh

Old Dude
06-03-2013, 12:29 PM
The guy in the middle is obviously a book reader. Or a Lannister fan.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XURJ15S9xEk/T6QGIlwtlrI/AAAAAAAABGE/LZER-vUpq8c/s1600/survivor-smile.gif

Note: Funniest thing I saw was on a comments board (mostly for nonbook people), where poster wrote that he hoped they'd show the bodies being desecrated in next week's episode.

Sicko troll.

peacepipe
06-03-2013, 12:41 PM

Hilarious!Hilarious!

Drunk Monkey
06-03-2013, 02:30 PM
Great Episode but we need more Daenery

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/the-dar-0.jpg?w=500

Johnykbr
06-03-2013, 04:17 PM
http://i.minus.com/i5lnbUst2vyzo.gif

Not sure if that means you approve or that I should expect to find somebody skinned and flayed in my bedroom closet when I get home.

yerner
06-03-2013, 04:24 PM
HAHA! What do they think this is, Twilight? I guess some can't deal with the fact that those characters are all human and can die at a moments notice. It doesn't matter if you're a popular/main character, such is life.

If I can digress for a moment; I guess this is another glimpse into what our society has become, a bunch of sheltered and protected little lambs. The same sheep that blindly purchase and defend the iPhone has being the best.

Wow. Probably my favorite post in a very long time.

Archer81
06-03-2013, 04:32 PM
I am amused by the level of shock the last episode made people feel. I'd recommend they read the books but I'd get the "this is a book?" question/stare. This series is bloody and violent. There is no such thing as a safe character. The first season should have keyed people in, especially the finale.

:Broncos:

lolcopter
06-03-2013, 05:01 PM
On the bright side, looks like we get more Theon torture next week.

Now that roose is a full turncoat, maybe the tv writers will finally reveal who Theon's captor is

underrated29
06-03-2013, 06:22 PM
Man that was a good episode. I just watched it. Was boating all day yesterday and then watched the hawks game. I loved how after the RW the credits were silent. Brilliant! I like how they followed the book very closely too.

I was a little sad with the whole hod or scene. I w cracking up in the book, when the thunder was freaking him out, but they followed it well.

Old Dude
06-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Now if we can just end Season 3 with a wide-eyed Stoneheart shriek, I'll be happy.

Baba Booey
06-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Now if we can just end Season 3 with a wide-eyed Stoneheart shriek, I'll be happy.

Eh, I think they'll wait because in the books I think she was dead for a bit before Beric found her body.

What I'm really hoping for in ep 10 is Coldhands

underrated29
06-03-2013, 10:21 PM
I think we lose ygritte next Sunday.

Taco John
06-03-2013, 10:28 PM

I've been wondering about this. Surely it has to happen, but that love story being stomped into the ground is going to pretty well demolish every last ounce of their female viewership.

Of course there's always Daenerys and Daario.

Taco John
06-04-2013, 01:21 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qJ4paRnLmWI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TheReverend
06-04-2013, 05:36 AM
I've been wondering about this. Surely it has to happen, but that love story being stomped into the ground is going to pretty well demolish every last ounce of their female viewership.

Dany/Dario is along way from taking hold in the show.

Let's be real, female viewership only started watching for their boyfriends. They'll live.

DivineLegion
06-04-2013, 05:47 AM

Hahahah! My fiancé, who has not read the books, asked me at lunch if Jon was going to save Yigrette.

GRRM, breaking every woman's heart since 1996.

TheReverend
06-04-2013, 06:58 AM
Hahahah! My fiancé, who has not read the books, asked me at lunch if Jon was going to save Yigrette.

GRRM, breaking every woman's heart since 1996.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/cbcdd7e548f7d953959d20feea75ee25/tumblr_mntyabFSkJ1rdwev0o1_500.gif

Kaylore
06-04-2013, 07:15 AM

That's exactly how I think season three will end. Or like her eyes opening.

elsid13
06-04-2013, 07:19 AM

Yea, I think that the last scene from this season. They fish her out of the water and bam.

DivineLegion
06-04-2013, 07:45 AM
Yea, I think that the last scene from this season. They fish her out of the water and bam.

They begin and end each season with the wall, I bet we meet cold hands.

Johnykbr
06-04-2013, 08:42 AM

I have to think they move that to next season...we've hardly seen Mance so his true design hasn't been shown to the viewer.

Also, I got to agree with TJ...I just don't think they are willing to kill Ygritte yet because of the female audience.

TheReverend
06-04-2013, 08:54 AM

Coldhands. They all start and end at the wall.

TheReverend
06-04-2013, 08:55 AM
They begin and end each season with the wall, I bet we meet cold hands.

Whoa. That was weird.

Repped.

El Guapo
06-04-2013, 08:57 AM
Coldhands. They all start and end at the wall.

We should see Coldhands, and hopefully he's as badass as I imagine he is.

JLesSPE
06-04-2013, 09:10 AM
I want Ygritte to die just to see the epic angerfest continue. It would suck because she's hot and has that accent, but it's gonna happen sooner or later.

elsid13
06-04-2013, 09:19 AM
I want Ygritte to die just to see the epic angerfest continue. It would suck because she's hot and has that accent, but it's gonna happen sooner or later.

Don't worry she will be replaced with some good look chick soon enough.

Kaylore
06-04-2013, 09:27 AM
Ygrittes not that hot. And she should die purely because she's a ginger.

Old Dude
06-04-2013, 10:09 AM
My bet is on Stoneheart rather than Coldhands for the season conclusion. I could easily be wrong, but here's my thinking:

In the book, Coldhands is first introduced when he saves Sam & Gilly from an attack by wights; he then leads them to the secret entrance to the Nightfort.

In the series, Sam already knows about the secret entrance and is within a few miles of the Wall at the conclusion of ep 9. So, no need for a guide at this point.

On the other side of the Wall, it looks as though Bran & co will enter the Nightfort in ep 10. The synopsis says that Bran tells a ghost story. I’m guessing this involves him relating the story of the Night King. The preview shows the group reacting to someone inside the fort. If it’s just Sam, there isn’t any reason to introduce Coldhands until next season.

Of all the storylines in progress, Bran’s journey is most likely to lap GMMs books before the next volume comes out. They need to slow it down a bit. Bumping CH down the road an episode or two would help.

Also, no one seems to be cast in the CH role this season.

If the season ends with CH, it would be mostly a who-the-heck- moment. Mysterious, but not that dramatic, unless you incorporate a wight attack and I just don't think they have enough time to do that justice given all the other points they need to touch in ep 10.

On the other hand, let’s look at Stoneheart. You guys are right that she isn’t introduced until well after the RW. But her resurrection happens within just a few days – about the same amount of time that it takes word of mouth to transmit all of the gory details to King’s Landing and Dragonstone. That would be a heck of a scene to end on, given the implications for paybacks (which are in high demand by the audience right now). Also highly supernatural, which is another theme they start and end on.

Also, if they don’t introduce Stoneheart in ep 10, then cagey non-book readers are going to realize something’s up if Michelle Fairley is still listed in the credits for Season 4 (or if word gets out she’s shooting scenes.)

Plus, the Title of the Episode: “Mhysa” which means “mother.” (That’s the chant for Dany as the mother of dragons, but it would have a double meaning if the last scene is Stoneheart.)

Baba Booey
06-04-2013, 10:46 AM
All very valid points, especially re: Stoneheart.

So maybe it's Bran & Co. that are attacked by wights/saved by Coldhands, not Sam? That would make sense. Then he just proceeds to lead them to the cave. Most of Bran in S4 will have to filler before the cave in S5. Otherwise they're gonna pass Martin.

Also, what was the opening scene of season two? Was it at/beyond the wall? I can't remember.

JLesSPE
06-04-2013, 11:06 AM

Well we all have opinions Kaylore, yours just happens to be wrong. ;D

StugotsIII
06-04-2013, 11:10 AM

This is 100% accurate.

Old Dude
06-04-2013, 11:59 AM
Holy cow:

https://twitter.com/RedWeddingTears

Drunk Monkey
06-04-2013, 12:06 PM

Agreed with the non hotness disagree with the death to all gingers.

Old Dude
06-04-2013, 12:14 PM
Also, what was the opening scene of season two? Was it at/beyond the wall? I can't remember.

I thought it was Tyrion arriving at KL to spoil Joff's B-Day party.

lolcopter
06-04-2013, 12:53 PM

Disagree with non-hotness, agree with death to all gingers

El Guapo
06-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Holy cow:

This reinforces my pledge to not sign up for twitter. What a bunch of twerps.

lolcopter
06-04-2013, 02:02 PM
Holy cow:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100318024248/southpark/images/e/e9/ScottTenormanMustDie30.gif

Broncos_OTM
06-04-2013, 02:12 PM
Ruthless, loved it. The females don't like it? Pft what are they doing out of the kitchen

Broncos_OTM
06-04-2013, 02:14 PM
Oh my.GOT, THEIR KILLING EVERYONE!!!! MUHAHAB

Drunk Monkey
06-04-2013, 02:26 PM
Holy cow:

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/dar-dar-dar-4.jpg?w=500

Johnykbr
06-04-2013, 02:42 PM
Holy cow:

To be fair, everyone was a little hurt when "Ron Snow" died and "Taiwan Lannister" is a jerk.

Lestat
06-04-2013, 03:30 PM
I actually think Littlefinger would be a terrible king.

he would. his outlook as a puppeteer is downright scary but perfect for behind the scenes(the true power behind the figurehead and all that), whereas it would be horrifically bad as a king since you must be all things to everyone.

Old Dude
06-04-2013, 03:51 PM
"Mhysa" from the Season Three Soundtrack:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RvyP-_POJH0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quite possibly the final song for the season. What do you folks picture?

Baba Booey
06-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Slaves rallying around Dany and chanting "Mother/Mhysa", probably.

Old Dude
06-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Yeah. Doesn't sound much like the "Coldhands" theme.

That discordant bell at the end, though ... eyes opening?

Baba Booey
06-04-2013, 05:16 PM
I thought the same thing

lolcopter
06-04-2013, 07:35 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/78juOpTM3tE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Boobs McGee
06-04-2013, 09:15 PM

Three months ago, I would've agreed. NOW, after having dated one for a bit, I will say that only select gingers should die. My gf not included.

Drunk Monkey
06-05-2013, 08:52 AM
Three months ago, I would've agreed. NOW, after having dated one for a bit, I will say that only select gingers should die. My gf not included.

Same thing here but it is my son. Luckily his hair is darkening and should be free of the ginger status in a few months. The wife is a ginger but fixes the problem with much $ and effort.

Kaylore
06-05-2013, 09:28 AM
he would. his outlook as a puppeteer is downright scary but perfect for behind the scenes(the true power behind the figurehead and all that), whereas it would be horrifically bad as a king since you must be all things to everyone.

I don't care that he's manipulative. You have to be to rule a nation. My problem is his whole motivation is a big FU to the world for doubting him. He has moments of benevolence, but by and large he's out to make himself powerful for his own sake and destroy anyone who ever wronged him just to make a point.

The spider is the only one who sees Little Finger as he is.

Boobs McGee
06-05-2013, 09:31 AM
Same think here but it is my son. Luckily his hair is darkening and should be free of the ginger status in a few months. The wife is a ginger but fixes the problem with much $ and effort.

Hooray for your son!! My girl is actually a stylist, and prefers the red hair...she does a lot of work on gingers looking to hide it though haha.

Drunk Monkey
06-05-2013, 02:12 PM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/dar-today-20.jpg?w=500

Drunk Monkey
06-05-2013, 02:13 PM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/add-game.jpg?w=500&h=667

Old Dude
06-05-2013, 03:38 PM
I'm going to go on record right now and say that if it was up to me, I'd hunt down every last one of those little bastard Ewoks in their prairie dog holes and finish the job the First Men started several thousand years ago. Just do that, and everything will work out fine.

Lestat
06-05-2013, 04:00 PM
I don't care that he's manipulative. You have to be to rule a nation. My problem is his whole motivation is a big FU to the world for doubting him. He has moments of benevolence, but by and large he's out to make himself powerful for his own sake and destroy anyone who ever wronged him just to make a point.

The spider is the only one who sees Little Finger as he is.

that's why i said his outlook is perfect for a puppeteer but poor for a king.

TheReverend
06-05-2013, 06:44 PM
I'm going to go on record right now and say that if it was up to me, I'd hunt down every last one of those little bastard Ewoks in their prairie dog holes and finish the job the First Men started several thousand years ago. Just do that, and everything will work out fine.

Have you read the one about them being Hobbits?

That the world Martin presents is Middle Earth after the Elves have left and the "Doom" in Valyria was Mt Doom erupting.

Something like that. I don't know enough LOTR to really get the minutia of it.

DivineLegion
06-05-2013, 07:49 PM

That the world Martin presents is Middle Earth after the Elves have left and the "Doom" in Valyria was Mt Doom erupting.

Valerian steel = Elvish

High Valerian language = Elvish

Targaryans are from a line of men who bred with Elves, thus their perchance for inbreeding, and why they have such unique characteristics.

Rholor is Sauron

The possibilities are endless.

TheReverend
06-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Martin coming on Conan after the commercial break

Boobs McGee
06-05-2013, 08:57 PM
That was a great interview with Conan - I wonder who he was talking about at the premiere? Maybe Shae?

Anywho, some very interesting stuff from GRRM. For those that missed it, at one point, he mentioned that he (paraphrasing) hopes that the tv series ends like the books do. In terms of the Red Wedding, the show killed off four characters that are still alive in the books. Conan asked if he knew the ending to the book series, and he said yes, in broad strokes, but he doesn't know for sure if the tv series will end the same way.

That leads me to believe that Robb's wife's death might be a little more significant than a simple snuffing out...can someone give me a list of the others that were spared in the books?

Boobs McGee
06-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Also, it was great hearing GRRM talk about the inspiration for the series...he was very poor growing up in New Jersey, read lots of comics/watched tv, had a great imagination. The body of water between his hometown and Stanton Island had many ships with many flags, there were lights, the city so far away held a lot of unknowns and curiosities...a lot of the Westeros world was based off of that imagination.

I'm really not doing it justice, hopefully someone can provide a link to it once it's up. It was a really interesting look into the mind of the creator.

ALSO, he said (I'm sure it's already documented) that the WofW is going to be a 1500 pager, and he's writing pretty fast.

Boobs McGee
06-05-2013, 09:07 PM
One more funny bit....when he watched the reaction videos, commented about how the people setting it up were the original readers of the series, who knew what was coming. Laughed and said something to the effect of, "now you know why your nerdy friends were all depressed 13 years ago". ha!

Taco John
06-05-2013, 10:48 PM

The other supporting piece of "evidence" for this theory is the opening theme. Watch it closely the next time, and notice the sun (with the GOT logo) - keep track of where it is during the whole sequence as they pan across the mechanical castles and across the sea. The entire land lies on the inside of the globe - ala middle earth.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/s7L2PVdrb_8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm not saying that I believe the theory is legit, but I love the way that so much stuff is open to interpretation.

TheReverend
06-06-2013, 05:49 AM
The other supporting piece of "evidence" for this theory is the opening theme. Watch it closely the next time, and notice the sun (with the GOT logo) - keep track of where it is during the whole sequence as they pan across the mechanical castles and across the sea. The entire land lies on the inside of the globe - ala middle earth.

I'm not saying that I believe the theory is legit, but I love the way that so much stuff is open to interpretation.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"We wanted to do something different from the standard tropes for fantasy maps," Wall tells THR. "So we came up with the idea of a world inside a sphere."

Bronco Yoda
06-06-2013, 05:55 AM
Wow!

Just watched it last night on the DVR.

The wife is yelling at the TV 'what are you doing Jon'. I'm LMAO telling her what do you expect she's a ginger.

Then the blood bath wedding hits. She says she's not watching this crap anymore and is mad.

From here on... It is said... I will now watch alone....

LOL

TheReverend
06-06-2013, 06:12 AM
He has a short story collection book called Dreamsongs where he goes into much more depth. He used to plot these treacheries playing with turtles in what he refers to as "Turtle Castle": If a turtle died for ____(insert reason pets die), he'd create a scenario where the other turtles conspired against him to become ruler of the turtle kingdom, etc.

A lot of cool stories in their that lay the groundwork for the world he's created too (Ice Dragon, the Lonely Songs of Laren Dorr involves the 7, etc)

Kaylore
06-06-2013, 06:56 AM
Did anyone see Martin as Conan's guest last night? It was pretty humorous. He said he has trouble keeping things straight between books, like the gender of certain horses and the color of some character's eyes - which astounds me considering how meticulous he is when he writes. He says he usually ends up calling some uberfan in Sweden to clarify the details. This is the author, mind you.

TheReverend
06-06-2013, 07:11 AM
Did anyone see Martin as Conan's guest last night? It was pretty humorous. He said he has trouble keeping things straight between books, like the gender of certain horses and the color of some character's eyes - which astounds me considering how meticulous he is when he writes. He says he usually ends up calling some uberfan in Sweden to clarify the details. This is the author, mind you.

I have troubles in 300 page stories. I can't imagine what it's like in something that will span approx 10,000 pages.

Old Dude
06-06-2013, 07:28 AM
Happy Place Facebook time for Ep 9:

http://www.happyplace.com/24297/game-of-thrones-facebook-recap-season-3-episode-9

Boobs McGee
06-06-2013, 08:07 AM
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GR36slEw7aU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GR36slEw7aU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Worth watching the whole thing!

scorpio
06-06-2013, 08:23 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U6AjgR7D3yg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Loved this

TheReverend
06-06-2013, 08:49 AM
^ Hahahahaha! Stealing that

El Guapo
06-06-2013, 09:26 AM
"Now you know why all your nerd friends were depressed 12 years ago." haha!

MagicHef
06-06-2013, 10:10 AM
That was a great interview with Conan - I wonder who he was talking about at the premiere? Maybe Shae?

Anywho, some very interesting stuff from GRRM. For those that missed it, at one point, he mentioned that he (paraphrasing) hopes that the tv series ends like the books do. In terms of the Red Wedding, the show killed off four characters that are still alive in the books. Conan asked if he knew the ending to the book series, and he said yes, in broad strokes, but he doesn't know for sure if the tv series will end the same way.

That leads me to believe that Robb's wife's death might be a little more significant than a simple snuffing out...can someone give me a list of the others that were spared in the books?

I don't think he meant just at the red wedding, but throughout the show so far. The people that are dead in the show that hadn't died by this point in the books (that I can think of) are Talisa/Jeyne, the Tickler, Xaro Xhoan Daxos, and Mago.

TheReverend
06-06-2013, 10:16 AM
We didn't see Xaro die, I don't think? Just locked in that vault, right?

DivineLegion
06-06-2013, 10:33 AM

Right

Kaylore
06-06-2013, 11:01 AM
Right

Yeah Xaro is kind of a wild card in this. One of the many rogue elements that can potentially really alter how the story goes in the show Vs. the books.

MagicHef
06-06-2013, 11:29 AM

Yep. He said 4 though, and I can't think of anyone else.

Boobs McGee
06-06-2013, 12:02 PM
IF he was including Xaro, then maybe he was also including the girl (dora?) that was locked in there with him.

Again, as you all have mentioned, they weren't "dead", but that's about the only other person I'm thinking it could be.

EDIT: Doreah...and unless they figure out some way to drill through Valeyrian steel, I think they're fuuuuuucked.

myMind
06-06-2013, 12:53 PM
<iframe src="http://www.collegehumor.com/e/6894740" width="600" height="369" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen allowFullScreen></iframe><div style="padding:5px 0; text-align:center; width:600px;"><p><a href="http://www.collegehumor.com/videos/most-viewed/this-year">CollegeHumor's Favorite Funny Videos</a></p></div>

MagicHef
06-06-2013, 12:56 PM
IF he was including Xaro, then maybe he was also including the girl (dora?) that was locked in there with him.

Again, as you all have mentioned, they weren't "dead", but that's about the only other person I'm thinking it could be.

EDIT: Doreah...and unless they figure out some way to drill through Valeyrian steel, I think they're fuuuuuuuned.

Doreah is dead in the books, too. She died in the red waste before they made it to Qarth.

TheReverend
06-06-2013, 01:16 PM

EDIT: Doreah...and unless they figure out some way to drill through Valeyrian steel, I think they're fuuuuuuuned.

Come on. You've read the books.

If you don't see them die, they're not dead. And if they are dead, maybe not forever.

Kaylore
06-06-2013, 02:05 PM
Come on. You've read the books.

If you don't see them die, they're not dead. And if they are dead, maybe not forever.

That's why Jon Snow isn't dead.

Baba Booey
06-06-2013, 03:17 PM
That's why Jon Snow isn't dead.

anyone who believes he is (or if he is, that he'll stay that way) is a simple boob

kappys
06-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Good stuff on this thread, a few thoughts

There are a lot of GRRM interviews on youtube - I've listened to a few and he was asked about Tolkein - while he expressed apprecation for his work he hardly sounded like a very enthralled or big fan - in fact he specifically noted that they were childrens stories. I have a hard time buying into the idea that he used Middle earth in the future to set up his world.

Jeyne/Talisa - For some reason I recall in the book some question fo Jeyne's mother essentially forcing her to have an abortion - I think the Robb Stark line is gone. Rickon is the king in the North - we know the Manderlys know about him and are after him to raise him up, he will have the Smalljon's support(in the show he is heading to the Umbers). They've already protrayed Shaggy Dog as savage and vicious and I think that is exactly what Rickon will become - a very savage and very vicious fighter who will take revenge on all the houses in the North that wronged the Starks. I predict that the next few books will span a good number of years (i.e. all of winter since the last book is A Hope for Spring, and we know this is going to be a very long winter)

Old Dude
06-06-2013, 04:17 PM
Quoting Martin from an interview:

"As a reader, what I seek is a book that delights and surprises me. I want to not know what is gonna happen. For me, that’s the essence of storytelling and for this reason I want my readers to turn the pages with increasing fever: to know what happens next. There are a lot of expectations, mainly in the fantasy genre, which you have the hero and he is the chosen one, and he is always protected by his destiny. I didn’t want it for my books."

Tolkein's "Middle Earth" was probably drawn from norse references to "Midgard," (Earth). To the extent that both authors (and dozens more in the genre) draw on norse & celtic epics and myths, it's no surprise that there are parallels. The interesting thing about GoT is that genre expectations are often turned upside down.

misturanderson
06-06-2013, 05:38 PM
Yep. He said 4 though, and I can't think of anyone else.

Frey's wife didn't die in the books, right? Not that she is a very important character.

MagicHef
06-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Frey's wife didn't die in the books, right? Not that she is a very important character.

True. That would be the 4th.

Fedaykin
06-06-2013, 08:29 PM
Quoting Martin from an interview:

"As a reader, what I seek is a book that delights and surprises me. I want to not know what is gonna happen. For me, that’s the essence of storytelling and for this reason I want my readers to turn the pages with increasing fever: to know what happens next. There are a lot of expectations, mainly in the fantasy genre, which you have the hero and he is the chosen one, and he is always protected by his destiny. I didn’t want it for my books."

Tolkein's "Middle Earth" was probably drawn from norse references to "Midgard," (Earth). To the extent that both authors (and dozens more in the genre) draw on norse & celtic epics and myths, it's no surprise that there are parallels. The interesting thing about GoT is that genre expectations are often turned upside down.

This is why I love GRRM's work, and also why I love the work of Herbert (hence my handle). Herbert also tossed away a lot of the predictability of stories in his Dune series and whacks main characters unexpectedly. Not to the extreme extent that GRRM takes it, but still there.

lolcopter
06-07-2013, 06:06 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/s7L2PVdrb_8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

the show open is pretty brilliant itself; that is, in how it changes weekly with the story. when i saw the twins on the latest episode, i knew it was going down.

peacepipe
06-09-2013, 07:09 PM
Damn, I'm not all that impressed with the season finale. Bit of a dud.

Old Dude
06-09-2013, 07:19 PM
Yeah, that was kind of anti-climatic. I'm starting to wonder just how many characters and subplots they plan on cutting.

TheReverend
06-09-2013, 07:36 PM
Ep 9 has always been the best each season. Not sure why any of you are surprised.

Next year Tyrion will kill Tywin in ep 9.

Baba Booey
06-09-2013, 07:57 PM
Next year we'll hopefully have Coldhands, the Royal Wedding, the battles at the Wall, and Tywin/Tyrion.

TheReverend
06-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Next year we'll hopefully have Coldhands, the Royal Wedding, the battles at the Wall, and Tywin/Tyrion.

At this point I don't think we'll see Cold hands. Giving them the dragon glass effectively solved his only purpose to date.

But yeah they'll finish book 3 next season

RhymesayersDU
06-09-2013, 08:04 PM
HODOR.

Baba Booey
06-09-2013, 08:26 PM
At this point I don't think we'll see Cold hands. Giving them the dragon glass effectively solved his only purpose to date.

But yeah they'll finish book 3 next season

Eh, he does play a pretty significant role by leading them to the cave. Plus there's still the chance that he's Benjen Stark.

We'll see...in ten whole months :(

spdirty
06-09-2013, 08:44 PM
I swear if he ever kills off Dany someone (maybe me) might hunt him down and pull a Ramse/Theon on him. She is so freaking awesome.

Drunk Monkey
06-10-2013, 04:53 AM
I swear if he ever kills off Dany someone (maybe me) might hunt him down and pull a Ramse/Theon on him. She is so freaking awesome.

Yes, yes she is.

Ya, the finale was kind of a dud but episode 9 was always going to be pretty tough to follow. Now I have to go from Dany to Sookie. A noticeable drop.......

Boobs McGee
06-10-2013, 07:45 AM
I thought last night's episode was great, although it seemed that a few of the storylines felt a little more soap opera-esque than I remember in the books. Ygritte and Jon were pretty sappy (I still enjoyed it, but they REALLY geared it to the female audience IMO), Asha being very un-Asha like in her declaration to find Theon, and the whole Theon being named Reek...it all felt a little over the top to me.

Tywin and Tyrion are just KILLIN it, and that whole small council meeting was my favorite part of the episode. Jeoff is such a petulant b**** (big kudos to him for portraying that character so well), never have I felt the urge to punch someone in the babymakers more than he.

As for Gendry, I wonder how (or if) he's going to end up coming back in later in the story, and whether or not they'll have him saving Brienne's life? Curious to see how that storyline will play out.

10 long months ahead :( GREAT season though.