PDA

View Full Version : OT: Game of Thrones Major Spoiler Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

BroncsCheer
05-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Cool thread.
As a HUGE fan of the books (three passes through thanks in part to Nook) all I want to know is WHAT IS THE ONE WORD BRIENNE SAYS?

Any ideas? I really like her arch in the books and the kingslayers redemption is a great story too.

Kudos to the HBO show - they're doing a great job too.

Winds of Winter, heavy set Giants fan ...... Why don't you show me it?

Rascal
05-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Sword swallower thru and thru. Lol!!!

Little Finger is scary and Jeffrey is a sick SOB.

IndelibleScribe
05-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Sword swallower thru and thru. Lol!!!

Little Finger is scary and Jeffrey is a sick SOB.

that episode was brilliant. i loved the little standoff between varys and little finger. it was a full on "mine is bigger than yours" moment.
it was well played.

but that scene with Joff looking relaxed and then spanning to showing that he killed the whore with the crossbow is eery.
that is one sick SOB beyond redemption.

Old Dude
05-05-2013, 09:00 PM
okay never mind

Baba Booey
05-05-2013, 09:19 PM
George R.R. Martin himself wrote next week's episode. Should be awesome.

Rascal
05-05-2013, 10:31 PM
George R.R. Martin himself wrote next week's episode. Should be awesome.

:pantswet:

Taco John
05-05-2013, 11:42 PM
Cool thread.
As a HUGE fan of the books (three passes through thanks in part to Nook) all I want to know is WHAT IS THE ONE WORD BRIENNE SAYS?

Any ideas? I really like her arch in the books and the kingslayers redemption is a great story too.

Kudos to the HBO show - they're doing a great job too.

Winds of Winter, heavy set Giants fan ...... Why don't you show me it?

>all I want to know is WHAT IS THE ONE WORD BRIENNE SAYS?

SWORD!

She swore her sword to spare Podrick Payne's life.

Source: GRRM (MISCON 2012)

DivineLegion
05-06-2013, 01:07 PM
What's with the show droping Edric Storm, and having Gendry fill his shoes. I can see how they can tie that into later events, but Melisande taking place of the the old crone, in giving Arya her prophecy, that was just weird.

DivineLegion
05-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Oh! I'm building a cyvasse board. Any input, ideas, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'll post pictures for you guys in the next day or so.

v2micca
05-06-2013, 01:43 PM
What's with the show droping Edric Storm, and having Gendry fill his shoes. I can see how they can tie that into later events, but Melisande taking place of the the old crone, in giving Arya her prophecy, that was just weird.

Plus, if Melisandre's teaser of 'we will meet again' holds water, the TV series may have spoiled the Book series for the first time. (I say might have because I can't remember Arya yet meeting with Melisandre in the books and I don't know if their future meeting will happen in the books.)

Honestly, I can understand them dropping Edric Storm. He was a beyond minor character whose only purpose was to Galvanize Davos into action. So, I'm not really annoyed by them dropping his character. However, I am kind annoyed with how Gendry's recruitment has altered his relationship with the Brotherhood. I guess, much like Alfie Allen, they needed to give Joe Dempsie something to do during his Character's long Hiatus in the novels.

ZONA
05-06-2013, 03:14 PM
Have to say I'm linking this year better then last.

DivineLegion
05-06-2013, 03:44 PM
Plus, if Melisandre's teaser of 'we will meet again' holds water, the TV series may have spoiled the Book series for the first time. (I say might have because I can't remember Arya yet meeting with Melisandre in the books and I don't know if their future meeting will happen in the books.)

Honestly, I can understand them dropping Edric Storm. He was a beyond minor character whose only purpose was to Galvanize Davos into action. So, I'm not really annoyed by them dropping his character. However, I am kind annoyed with how Gendry's recruitment has altered his relationship with the Brotherhood. I guess, much like Alfie Allen, they needed to give Joe Dempsie something to do during his Character's long Hiatus in the novels.

True, Edric Storm had more purpose in the first two books as evidence for Lannister incest, and was only relivent in book 3 for his role in feeding leeches (if you know what I mean), and as you said galvanizing Davos.

I hope that wasn't a spoiler for the books.

BroncsCheer
05-06-2013, 03:50 PM
True, Edric Storm had more purpose in the first two books as evidence for Lannister incest, and was only relivent in book 3 for his role in feeding leeches (if you know what I mean), and as you said galvanizing Davos.

I hope that wasn't a spoiler for the books.

There's another thread for DNTRB posters to allow a spoiler free discussion.

Someone will still manage to get butthurt by what you posted tho.....

My opinion is that Storm is a non critical character whose arc can be consumed by another character without significant impact to the overall story.

See Patchface, Lem Lemoncloak etc

They better bring Strong Belwas in at some point. Love that guy!

broncolife
05-06-2013, 05:13 PM
this series!

Baba Booey
05-06-2013, 11:17 PM
There's another thread for DNTRB posters to allow a spoiler free discussion.

Someone will still manage to get butthurt by what you posted tho.....

My opinion is that Storm is a non critical character whose arc can be consumed by another character without significant impact to the overall story.

See Patchface, Lem Lemoncloak etc

They better bring Strong Belwas in at some point. Love that guy!

Yup. Need some Belwas and I needed it yesterday.

Old Dude
05-07-2013, 06:31 AM
I suspect that, for purposes of character economy in the TV series, Belwas is going to be folded into Grey Worm. Completely different physiques and personalities, but not much of a problem plotwise.

bpc
05-07-2013, 09:21 AM
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=uFDGqMppQzE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DuFDGqMppQzE

Lol!

Johnykbr
05-07-2013, 11:05 AM
I'm starting to get worried how they are going to approach Sansa leave King's Landing. Ser Dontos hasn't been seen last season and Little Finger supposedly left.

My wife is beginning to equate this show to True Blood which is apparently now so far away from the books that the show runners have admitted they are just doing their own thing now.

Baba Booey
05-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Remember: Sansa leaves long after Littlefinger is thought to be in the Eyrie

That'll probably be next season anyway, seeing as it doesn't happen until after the royal wedding.

Taco John
05-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Fun fact: Dany, Tyrion and Jon killed their mothers in their birthing.

Also Dany.

There's your three riders...

Taco John
05-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Also, here is what Tyrion might look like if the show stayed true to the books:

http://i2.wp.com/literatortura.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/625671_494003990662917_1962319041_n.jpg?resize=748 %2C628

Taco John
05-07-2013, 12:07 PM
I'm starting to get worried how they are going to approach Sansa leave King's Landing. Ser Dontos hasn't been seen last season and Little Finger supposedly left.

My wife is beginning to equate this show to True Blood which is apparently now so far away from the books that the show runners have admitted they are just doing their own thing now.

They could very easily bring in Ser Dontos at this point and not hardly skip a beat.

Old Dude
05-07-2013, 12:12 PM
Agreed and came to same conclusion Sunday night. The one on one battle and the poison locusts are really are you need Grey Worm to cover.

Yet, at least.

Or, they may do the same thing they did with the Reeds and just delay the introduction of Belwas for one season. That would change his background story somewhat but probably not so much that it would have plot-destroying ripple effects.

Old Dude
05-07-2013, 12:25 PM
The thing that most worries me is that they'll lose actors (and have to replace them with others) if the series goes too many seasons. Related to that is the question of whether and how quickly Martin can get the remaining books out.

We know they've been given the go-ahead for season 4 and that this will probably take us through the second half of the third book, but after that, it gets funky.

Taco John
05-07-2013, 12:40 PM
That was literally the first one I mentioned...

Strange. For some reason I just saw Tyrion and Jon. But good observation nonetheless. I was just thinking about this one a couple of weeks ago after Dany's big episode and wondering if it meant something (of course it does...)

Taco John
05-07-2013, 12:43 PM
The thing that most worries me is that they'll lose actors (and have to replace them with others) if the series goes too many seasons. Related to that is the question of whether and how quickly Martin can get the remaining books out.

We know they've been given the go-ahead for season 4 and that this will probably take us through the second half of the third book, but after that, it gets funky.

As I recall, the 4th and 5th books take place at the same time, don't they? I'm curious how they handle that. I have to believe they'll script them out that way - how can they go an entire season without so many characters like was done in the books...

DivineLegion
05-07-2013, 12:56 PM
Well, they are going to follow A Feast For Crows and A Dance with Dragons combined coronologically, so that should stream line those two books into let's say 3/4 seasons. That puts us in 2016/2017 with the new book Winds of Winter out, and word is GRRM has the 7th book layed out, he just just needs to flesh out the story. Give 2 seasons for Winds of Winter and your in 2018/2019; hopefully the books will be out by then.

It does pose some interesting problems, with Brans balls already droping, and Arya getting older, but they casted a guy in his mid 20s to play Gendry, so who cares. It's not like they stuck to the accurate ages of the characters to begin with. Lets face it, Rob is supposed to be 16, Sansa 13, and the list continues.

DivineLegion
05-07-2013, 12:58 PM
As I recall, the 4th and 5th books take place at the same time, don't they? I'm curious how they handle that. I have to believe they'll script them out that way - how can they go an entire season without so many characters like was done in the books...

I'm fairly certain they have said they are going to combine the two.

StugotsIII
05-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Strange. For some reason I just saw Tyrion and Jon. But good observation nonetheless. I was just thinking about this one a couple of weeks ago after Dany's big episode and wondering if it meant something (of course it does...)

Don't forget about Dany

Old Dude
05-07-2013, 02:59 PM
I'm fairly certain they have said they are going to combine the two.

They almost have to. Otherwise they have half their cast twiddling their thumbs for a year.

Still, it's going to require an awful lot of work from a screenwriter's standpoint. It's not just a matter of rearranging things in chronological order. They'll need to do some major work on some of those subplots to keep the cast size from getting completely out of hand.

Kaylore
05-07-2013, 03:04 PM
We're in season three. I don't see how HBO can sustain the series more than six seasons. I suppose seven is technically reasonable, and very normal for network TV, but not as normal for cable. And abnormal for HBO, who is apparently having their budget stretched to the limit for the series. The Sopranos barely made six and that was shot in Jersey.

My hope is they go like five seasons and then do a movie.

MagicHef
05-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Well, they are going to follow A Feast For Crows and A Dance with Dragons combined coronologically, so that should stream line those two books into let's say 3/4 seasons. That puts us in 2016/2017 with the new book Winds of Winter out, and word is GRRM has the 7th book layed out, he just just needs to flesh out the story. Give 2 seasons for Winds of Winter and your in 2018/2019; hopefully the books will be out by then.

It does pose some interesting problems, with Brans balls already droping, and Arya getting older, but they casted a guy in his mid 20s to play Gendry, so who cares. It's not like they stuck to the accurate ages of the characters to begin with. Lets face it, Rob is supposed to be 16, Sansa 13, and the list continues.

Beric Dondarrion is 21 in the books.

Johnykbr
05-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Beric Dondarrion is 21 in the books.

Wow, I totally didn't catch that. Interesting

DivineLegion
05-07-2013, 11:28 PM
They almost have to. Otherwise they have half their cast twiddling their thumbs for a year.

Still, it's going to require an awful lot of work from a screenwriter's standpoint. It's not just a matter of rearranging things in chronological order. They'll need to do some major work on some of those subplots to keep the cast size from getting completely out of hand.

They will, again my recollection is linked to what I believe was a co-interview between the writers and GRRM. They said they wanted to keep things fluid, and George was pretty pleased by with the idea of altering the chronology. I'll see if I can't find the interview tomorrow, and post it for you guys.

elsid13
05-08-2013, 02:52 AM
We're in season three. I don't see how HBO can sustain the series more than six seasons. I suppose seven is technically reasonable, and very normal for network TV, but not as normal for cable. And abnormal for HBO, who is apparently having their budget stretched to the limit for the series. The Sopranos barely made six and that was shot in Jersey.

My hope is they go like five seasons and then do a movie.

Don't forget Rome, Deadwood and other "big" mini-series that HBO has dumped on after 4 seasons. I expect that this won't end well for viewers unless one of the big network jumps in.

Johnykbr
05-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Don't forget Rome, Deadwood and other "big" mini-series that HBO has dumped on after 4 seasons. I expect that this won't end well for viewers unless one of the big network jumps in.

Rome and Deadwood may have had the soaring reviews like GoT but they didn't have the viewers like it. Also, GoT blu-rays and DVD sales are through the roof.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
05-08-2013, 10:09 AM

This seems pretty straight forward to me. Dontos sneaks her to whereever Littlefinger has a ship ready. He doesn't really have to be on the ship, he just needs to hire a captain/crew that will bring her to the Eyrie after silencing Dontos.

It's a minor change, but it still has the same end result.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
05-08-2013, 10:24 AM
As for a Feast for Crows/Dance with Dragons. I don't see that being more than two seasons. Feast was pretty brutal at times in terms of sheer boringness, mainly because of all the new characters. A lot of that can be done much quicker on a TV show, so half of that book probably can be summed up in a few episodes. And it's kind of the same thing in Dance to a degree.

I thought Martin really struggled with both books, at least compared to the first three. If they cherry pick storylines, and omit others, it might even be an improvement, though Dance started to pick things back up.

But, I mean, do we really need to spend time with the Sand Snakes? Is Darkstar really all that important to the overall storyline? Does anyone really give a flying crap about either of the princesses in Dorne? Is the ridiculous Quentyn arc really necessary? And how much time really needs to be spent on Daenerys and her social life in Meereen?

They can really trim the fat on those books, and they probably need to.

Old Dude
05-08-2013, 10:57 AM
Generally speaking, that's my feeling as well. The series will probably peak at the end of season 4. I'd hate to see them waste all that momentum on too many secondary and tertiary characters and subplots.

If they really feel a need to address more of that stuff, maybe they could add it as "extra" features for DVD sales.

Personally, I'd prefer to see all of book 4 and the corresponding background portion of book 5 collapsed into a single season.

Kaylore
05-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Rome and Deadwood may have had the soaring reviews like GoT but they didn't have the viewers like it. Also, GoT blu-rays and DVD sales are through the roof.

Rome also got torpedoed by the writers striker.

Drunk Monkey
05-08-2013, 11:39 AM

And they could be so much better if HBO had a better way to watch their programing.

http://screenrant.com/most-pirated-tv-shows-game-of-thrones-2012/

DivineLegion
05-08-2013, 12:36 PM
As for a Feast for Crows/Dance with Dragons. I don't see that being more than two seasons. Feast was pretty brutal at times in terms of sheer boringness, mainly because of all the new characters. A lot of that can be done much quicker on a TV show, so half of that book probably can be summed up in a few episodes. And it's kind of the same thing in Dance to a degree.

I thought Martin really struggled with both books, at least compared to the first three. If they cherry pick storylines, and omit others, it might even be an improvement, though Dance started to pick things back up.

But, I mean, do we really need to spend time with the Sand Snakes? Is Darkstar really all that important to the overall storyline? Does anyone really give a flying crap about either of the princesses in Dorne? Is the ridiculous Quentyn arc really necessary? And how much time really needs to be spent on Daenerys and her social life in Meereen?

They can really trim the fat on those books, and they probably need to.

Dorne is very important to the progression of the story, and I have a feeling the Sandsnakes will become bigger characters once Danny makes it Westeros. Darkstar has all of the physical features of a Targaryan, so there could be something there. I think Quintyn story explains how Euron happens upon his horn. All in all, both books set up a lot of future events.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
05-08-2013, 06:45 PM
Dorne is very important to the progression of the story, and I have a feeling the Sandsnakes will become bigger characters once Danny makes it Westeros. Darkstar has all of the physical features of a Targaryan, so there could be something there. I think Quintyn story explains how Euron happens upon his horn. All in all, both books set up a lot of future events.

Not disputing that there are reasons Martin introduced them. Just disputing whether the show needs to introduce them or discuss them in the way Martin did. I expect an awful lot of the laborous backstory building to be trimmed away. I actually like what they're doing now with Gendry and Grey Worm to streamline the show, at the expense of Strong Belwas and Edric Storm. In the books I prefer the massive amount of characters, but they already can't give some major players like Bran and the freakin' dire wolves enough air time and development.

Feast was a tedious book for me, that never rose to the level of the others, if the show falls into that trap, it won't recover. I do think there are twenty quality episodes to be found between Feast and Dance, but the producers will have to be creative to craft them.

DivineLegion
05-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Not disputing that there are reasons Martin introduced them. Just disputing whether the show needs to introduce them or discuss them in the way Martin did. I expect an awful lot of the laborous backstory building to be trimmed away. I actually like what they're doing now with Gendry and Grey Worm to streamline the show, at the expense of Strong Belwas and Edric Storm. In the books I prefer the massive amount of characters, but they already can't give some major players like Bran and the freakin' dire wolves enough air time and development.

Feast was a tedious book for me, that never rose to the level of the others, if the show falls into that trap, it won't recover. I do think there are twenty quality episodes to be found between Feast and Dance, but the producers will have to be creative to craft them.

Well they are already developing Reek, which trims down on DWD. I think the climatic nature of book three is going dig the hoks deep in many casual television fans. Between Sams journey, Johns ascent, Danny's troubles, Tyrions travels, the crazyness that unfolds in Dorne, Briennes perels, Cerseis treachery, the kingsmoot, Loris, and Arya; they have plenty of quality stuff to keep people interested. There is a lot of action when you can delete travel chapters where Brienne is just being suspicious, the princess of Dorne is in a room ect. There is acctually quite a bit of nonstop action when you line the books up.

myMind
05-09-2013, 12:00 AM
Ohhhhhh there's something there:

This is the type of fan fiction that, once read, skews expectations. It seems so epic, but it's just a guess. A wild one at that.

If he is actually still alive this story moves into Dune territory.

Old Dude
05-09-2013, 07:38 AM
My guess is that he's just a miscellaneous Targ bastard. Probably some connection there, but he's way too young to be R.

Kaylore
05-09-2013, 07:39 AM
Knowing Martin's lust for frustrating readers, he may have left him alive to no meaningful end.

:rofl:

Old Dude
05-09-2013, 08:06 AM
Regarding Darkstar:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/77399-the-end-of-darkstar/

Old Dude
05-09-2013, 08:45 AM
The dude I'm most curious about is Maester Marwyn (the mage.)

Seems like he's got a big step up on most of the budding wizards & necromancers.

May very well be the "Arch-maester" for the "magic" link. Already had a big interest in this when most of the others still regarded it as an obscure liberal arts class. To that extent, a rebel within the Citadel.
Connected with Qyburn in terms of undead research. (ghosts)
Trained Mirri Maz Duur.
Has traveled extensively. Also hangs out with numerous undesirables.
He strongly implies to Sam that he has some kind of noble bloodline and seems to be taking him under his wing.
Somehow connected to "the Alchemist." May be in cohoots with Jaqen.
On course to meet up with Dany.
Has been studying this stuff (including the history of dragons) for a long time.

Could be an extremely helpful ally or a very dangerous foe. At the very least a key source of info for the major players.

Unless, of course, Jaqen snuffs him.

Old Dude
05-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Let's hope Theon gets spared the screen time tonight. Time to cut the poor guy some slack.

Heyneck
05-12-2013, 12:51 PM
Game of Thrones games is just awesome!!! Finally a strategy board game to mix it up with Risk!

http://www.ign.com/blogs/gameguy523/2013/05/08/another-way-to-celebrate-your-game-of-thrones-love-the-board-game/

v2micca
05-12-2013, 08:31 PM
Game of Thrones games is just awesome!!! Finally a strategy board game to mix it up with Risk!

http://www.ign.com/blogs/gameguy523/2013/05/08/another-way-to-celebrate-your-game-of-thrones-love-the-board-game/

Its okay. Played it a few years ago with some friends to test it out. The combat mechanics are pretty simple, some may complain that they are overly simple and you only have a choice between 5 houses, Lannister, Tyrell, Stark, Greyjoy, and Baratheon. And you really need 5 players for the game to work. If you try to play with 3 or 4 it gets really unbalanced in favor of the Starks and Lannisters, who won't have anyone to keep them in check. (The game tells you which houses to play per number of players)

Fantasy Flight games also did a Collectable Card Game for the books some years ago. It was pretty fun while it lasted and everyone who played it would laugh out loud at Joffrey's card. Within the mechanics of the game, his ability just so suited the little brat.

lolcopter
05-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Let's hope Theon gets spared the screen time tonight. Time to cut the poor guy some slack.

phrasing

Rascal
05-12-2013, 10:52 PM
that was uninspiring

Rascal
05-12-2013, 10:53 PM

His character is reduced.

DivineLegion
05-12-2013, 11:10 PM
His character is reduced.

A member of less contribution.

v2micca
05-13-2013, 07:25 AM
It's just too far.

I get portraying the torture as opposed to how he disappeared from the books for so long, but when they're cutting important parts of the books and allotting that time to Greyjoy getting tortured every episode... now it's just stupid.

I agree, it has gone beyond absurd at this point. We get it, they are doing mean nasty things to Theon. We no longer require a weekly update. I personally felt that presenting Robb with a piece of Theon's skin would have been more than enough to imply his fate. Plus, now the audience won't get the same surprise that he is actually still alive in a retched reduced form when his plot line picks up again.

Overall, I was kind of disappointed by this episode. I was expecting more when I saw that George R.R. Martin was penning it. He spoiled me with last year's Blackwater episode. Too many scenes felt like we were doing a mandatory check-in on characters to ensure the audience hadn't forgotten about them, without really advancing the plot. Poor Tyrion, book 3 did kind of push him to the side, but he really hasn't had any good scenes this year, nothing to come close to matching his Blackwater speech.

Still, I'm glad that Nicolaj had the patience to stick with the character for two seasons while the show set up his story, because he has been absolutely killing it this year. I would say that 2 of the 5 best scenes of the season belong to him.

StugotsIII
05-13-2013, 09:24 AM
It's just too far.

I get portraying the torture as opposed to how he disappeared from the books for so long, but when they're cutting important parts of the books and allotting that time to Greyjoy getting tortured every episode... now it's just stupid.

THIS^

Frankly I don't at all like Theon's character. Not in the book and not in the show. And it's not a hatred like most have for King Joef. It's just that his character is boring. I get that HBO likes the guy as an actor and that is why they kept him in…but is he really able to show his acting range being tied to a post getting flayed? Wow…Theon's crying again. Wow…Theon's in a great deal of pain again.

Only three episodes left…they will surely end on the Red Wedding…no? Can't wait for that!!!

JLesSPE
05-13-2013, 10:04 AM
I think they're too close to the red wedding to put it off 3 episodes unless they just ignore Robb's camp for 2 of them. It seems to me like they'll get to both weddings as the other plot line has advanced quite a bit too.

StugotsIII
05-13-2013, 10:07 AM
Both weddings? There's 3, though :P

The 3rd one will be in season 4....can't wait!!!!!!!

Taco John
05-13-2013, 10:08 AM
Theon is going to play a big part in seasons to come, as all the book readers know. I think they had to go to this extent for viewers to understand his transformation from the bold, cock-sure braggart, to the whipped dog of a man he is to become. I think we've seen the last Theon Greyjoy scene this season.

I personally thought this was a great episode. I like that GRRM confirmed a few things that were rather debated in the book - Theon's member being one of them. I loved that GRRM finally had Tormund being Tormund. "Tormund hasn't talked about what a beast in the sack he is yet - I'm going to fix that straight away."

I loved the episode. That exchange between Tywinn and Joffrey was perfect. The exchange between Jaime and Qyburn was great. The dragons were amazing, and Clarke's acting in that parlay was great.

MagicHef
05-13-2013, 10:08 AM
So... Jeyne (or at least her counterpart on the show) is definitely pregnant. This was a point of much speculation because it is never spelled out in the books, and could have big consequences for the story going forward.

JLesSPE
05-13-2013, 10:17 AM
Both weddings? There's 3, though :P

Really? I can only remember red and royal, who else gets hitched? Unless you're talking about Lysa. That one seems pretty far off at this point.

Taco John
05-13-2013, 10:20 AM
Really? I can only remember red and royal, who else gets hitched? Unless you're talking about Lysa. That one seems pretty far off at this point.

Tyrion gets married to Sansa.

MagicHef
05-13-2013, 10:25 AM
Or she's completely worthless to the story from here on out and they'll kill her at the Red Wedding.

We'll find out soon though.

That would be extremely GRRM-esque.

JLesSPE
05-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Tyrion gets married to Sansa.

Of course I miss the obvious one.

Old Dude
05-13-2013, 10:40 AM
Overall, I was pleased with the episode. The world is really coming alive with the panorama shots. Not the most dramatic events, but lots of character shifts and multiple plotlines set up for the final three eps.

I imagine we'll get at least one more Theon scene this season, but probably not until episode 10.

Looking forward to some fun in Yunkai next week, more of the Hound, and some cool stuff up north.

lolcopter
05-13-2013, 06:34 PM
so i'm not a book reader, obv, but why do the wildlings wanna invade the south? is their goal just to invade and post up, making that their new home? north of the wall is really crappy, but i guess i'm just not understanding their end game here. as jon snow said, they don't really stand any real chance invading the kingdom.

MagicHef
05-13-2013, 06:36 PM
so i'm not a book reader, obv, but why do the wildlings wanna invade the south? is their goal just to invade and post up, making that they're new home? north of the wall is really crappy, but i guess i'm just not understanding their end game here. as jon snow said, they don't really stand any real chance invading the kingdom.

They're trying to get away from the things that keep killing them.

lolcopter
05-13-2013, 06:40 PM
i get the white walkers... it's just been said they've tried invading a bunch of times before... unsuccessfully

didn't know if they had any new info/tactics that were supposed to work this time around, or if they're just playing it by ear.

i guess "winter is coming" is a good enough reason, haha

Old Dude
05-13-2013, 06:42 PM
so i'm not a book reader, obv, but why do the wildlings wanna invade the south? is their goal just to invade and post up, making that their new home? north of the wall is really crappy, but i guess i'm just not understanding their end game here. as jon snow said, they don't really stand any real chance invading the kingdom.

Like MagicHef said. They are trying to get away from the White Walkers.

(The past invasions were just attempted land grabs, but they were a long time ago.)

MagicHef
05-13-2013, 06:45 PM
i get the white walkers... it's just been said they've tried invading a bunch of times before... unsuccessfully

didn't know if they had any new info/tactics that were supposed to work this time around, or if they're just playing it by ear.

i guess "winter is coming" is a good enough reason, haha

They recognize that their options are getting across the wall or dying. Therefore, they are trying to get across the wall.

Fedaykin
05-13-2013, 07:58 PM
GRRM did a nice job with this episode. Tons of foreshadowing (though mostly only perceptible to book readers) and nods to the books.

If you haven't read the books, this'll be an episode you'll enjoy more the second time around I think.

houghtam
05-13-2013, 08:47 PM
GRRM did a nice job with this episode. Tons of foreshadowing (though mostly only perceptible to book readers) and nods to the books.

If you haven't read the books, this'll be an episode you'll enjoy more the second time around I think.

I haven't seen the last two episodes, but I'm caught up on the books. I don't get why everyone is so down on the Theon storyline. Considering this is only the first half of book three, it seems as if there is still plenty of time to allow his story to fade out and have the viewers (who haven't read the books) think he's dead. They could leave him out of next season entirely and bring him back for season five without losing much. Will that happen? Doubtful, but I think it's a bit too soon to be jumping to conclusions, particularly when this series has done such a fine job so far of adapting a story which most people probably thought would be difficult to do and impossible to do well.

DivineLegion
05-13-2013, 08:52 PM
I haven't seen the last two episodes, but I'm caught up on the books. I don't get why everyone is so down on the Theon storyline. Considering this is only the first half of book three, it seems as if there is still plenty of time to allow his story to fade out and have the viewers (who haven't read the books) think he's dead. They could leave him out of next season entirely and bring him back for season five without losing much. Will that happen? Doubtful, but I think it's a bit too soon to be jumping to conclusions, particularly when this series has done such a fine job so far of adapting a story which most people probably thought would be difficult to do and impossible to do well.

True, he's worthless until Moat Cailin.

Old Dude
05-14-2013, 05:53 AM
The Wildings have a few things going for them this time around that they probably didn't in past attempts:

1. Giants
2. A seriously diminished Nightwatch. (Even more diminished after the battle against the walkers and the subsequent mutiny at Craster's Keep.)
3. Westeros still in a state of civil war.
4. A long winter is presumably on its way and these folks are more adapted to that kind of environment.

DivineLegion
05-14-2013, 08:46 AM
The Wildings have a few things going for them this time around that they probably didn't in past attempts:

1. Giants
2. A seriously diminished Nightwatch. (Even more diminished after the battle against the walkers and the subsequent mutiny at Craster's Keep.)
3. Westeros still in a state of civil war.
4. A long winter is presumably on its way and these folks are more adapted to that kind of environment.

if I remember correctly Giants, the presence of walkers, and winter/fertile land have always been apart of Wildlings unified assaults. Many of them date back to the age of heros, with the likes of Brandon the Builder, and (insert Stark here). The Dragons seem to be the key to Magic, and they have only been gone 200 years at this point in the story. I can't remember when the most recent Wildling raid took place, but I can almost guerentee that the previous 5 involved the factors you mentioned; minus the recent events of course.

MagicHef
05-14-2013, 08:54 AM
if I remember correctly Giants, the presence of walkers, and winter/fertile land have always been apart of Wildlings unified assaults. Many of them date back to the age of heros, with the likes of Brandon the Builder, and (insert Stark here). The Dragons seem to be the key to Magic, and they have only been gone 200 years at this point in the story. I can't remember when the most recent Wildling raid took place, but I can almost guerentee that the previous 5 involved the factors you mentioned; minus the recent events of course.

White Walkers haven't been seen in 8,000 years. That is the new factor.

DivineLegion
05-14-2013, 09:02 AM
White Walkers haven't been seen in 8,000 years. That is the new factor.

Well ****, at least we know they had Giants.

Johnykbr
05-14-2013, 09:10 AM
So... Jeyne (or at least her counterpart on the show) is definitely pregnant. This was a point of much speculation because it is never spelled out in the books, and could have big consequences for the story going forward.

Not sure how I feel about this. It is a widely accepted theory that she is pregnant in the book and ran off. If she doesn't die at the Red Wedding and ends up pregnant in the book, we are potentially seeing a massive spoiler for the upcoming books.

Otherwise I enjoyed the episode. I don't mind the torture scenes (how else do we get Reek?) but the sex scene was definitely GRRM'esque and didn't need to be so long.

Stars of the episode were Jaime, Dany, and Tywin imo.

MagicHef
05-14-2013, 10:14 AM
Maybe we won't see Theon/Reek or Ramsay again until season 5. That would be nice.

Heyneck
05-14-2013, 10:14 AM
Huge spoiler! Don't press play unless you want to see how Tywin end up.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TbwroS0YP54" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old Dude
05-14-2013, 10:23 AM
Well ****, at least we know they had Giants.

Not sure where you're getting that.

King Beyond the Wall Joramun supposedly woke the giants with a horn about 8,000 yrs ago, but he wasn't really involved in an invasion of Westeros. On the contrary, he joined up with the Starks to bring down the Night's King.

About 3000 years ago, Kings beyond the Wall Gendel and Gorne invaded, but that was accomplished by digging under the Wall. (Storm of Swords, Chapter 26) No mention of giants.

About 184 AL Raymun Redbeard led an invasion, accomplished by sending a raiding party to climb the wall and send down ropes & ladders. (Clash of Kings, ch 23, DoD chap 7). Again, no mention of giants.

I can't find any reference to the other times the Wildlings supposedly invaded.

We do know that Wildlings have occasionally interacted with giants before Mance united everyone, but I can't find anything that says they raided the south together and it seems pretty unlikely give the methods referenced. (Very hard to lift a mammoth up over the wall or to dig a tunnel big enough for it.)

Old Dude
05-14-2013, 10:30 AM
Not sure how I feel about this. It is a widely accepted theory that she is pregnant in the book and ran off. If she doesn't die at the Red Wedding and ends up pregnant in the book, we are potentially seeing a massive spoiler for the upcoming books.

I recently came across speculation concerning a gigantic spoiler involving all of this. Most of the time, when I read theories about this or that, I kind of shrug and say hmmn ... maybe ... maybe not ... and move on. The theory I'm talking about here, however, is extraordinarily well-developed but it would involve such a huge spoiler that I don't even want to post it on the thread. If it's correct, we'll know by season's end.

People who want to get spoiled are welcome to PM me and I'll send the link.

Johnykbr
05-14-2013, 10:34 AM
People who want to get spoiled are welcome to PM me and I'll send the link.

I just shot you off one, I would love to read about it.

underrated29
05-14-2013, 11:50 AM
Its not the R+L=J or anything like that is it?

cutthemdown
05-14-2013, 12:07 PM
it was a great episode. When Brianne says, "Sir Jamie" the acting IMO was top notch and you could see how much it meant to him in his eyes.

People told me Jamie Lannister had a great story arch and we are starting to see it. He's regaining himself. It's obvious its the dad of the family who screwed all the kids up.

MagicHef
05-14-2013, 01:59 PM
Either way it's a spoiler since we should know pretty definitively that she's pregnant or not based on the direction they go.

I think its a good thing. They SHOULD be giving viewers that have read the books new content to enjoy. What difference does it make if we read the spoiler in book 6/7 or see it now? In fact, now we get to debate whether it's real or not. Kinda makes it more fun.

There's a theory that she's basically Jeyne and Sybell Spicer rolled into one, and she's a spy working for the Lannisters. I hadn't noticed, but apparently she's writing letters nearly every time she's on screen. In that case, she may be lying about being pregnant.

Taco John
05-14-2013, 02:02 PM
I watched the episode again last night, and I have to say that it ranks pretty high in my favorite episodes. GRRM really packed in a lot of meaning in this one. There's a lot of emotion and character development/revealation in it. Arya saying that her one true god is death. Sansa and Maergery's discussion - and Sansa still so naive. Osha's tale of her husband - which is amazing coming straight from GRRM. "Ser" Jaime. The boy king and the pimp hand. Tyrion pleading with Shae. Clyburn and Jaime's discussion. Robb and Talisa. This episode was chock full of character development and revelations.

Johnykbr
05-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Everyone (and me) in this thread is currently nerd raging over that

Did this happen in the book? If not, it was a good change especially in light of their interactions later in the series.

Taco John
05-14-2013, 02:56 PM
Did this happen in the book? If not, it was a good change especially in light of their interactions later in the series.

Yes, it happened in the books as well.

MagicHef
05-14-2013, 03:06 PM

Rev is referring to the spelling.

lolcopter
05-14-2013, 04:17 PM
lol Jaime

Talisa got dat ass in this episode. So good, better than those Dreadfort skanks

Baba Booey
05-14-2013, 04:53 PM
Kingslolayer

Johnykbr
05-14-2013, 05:17 PM
Rev is referring to the spelling.

Yes, I know it's supposed to be Ser. I just didn't remember that in the book.

lolcopter
05-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Yes, I know it's supposed to be Ser. I just didn't remember that in the book.

Jamie =/= Jaime

Taco John
05-14-2013, 05:26 PM
Sexy is Coming.

http://i.imgur.com/DQDUSQe.jpg

DivineLegion
05-14-2013, 10:45 PM
(Swoon) Of his forked mustacio! (swoon)

DivineLegion
05-14-2013, 10:54 PM
Not sure where you're getting that.

King Beyond the Wall Joramun supposedly woke the giants with a horn about 8,000 yrs ago, but he wasn't really involved in an invasion of Westeros. On the contrary, he joined up with the Starks to bring down the Night's King.

About 3000 years ago, Kings beyond the Wall Gendel and Gorne invaded, but that was accomplished by digging under the Wall. (Storm of Swords, Chapter 26) No mention of giants.

About 184 AL Raymun Redbeard led an invasion, accomplished by sending a raiding party to climb the wall and send down ropes & ladders. (Clash of Kings, ch 23, DoD chap 7). Again, no mention of giants.

I can't find any reference to the other times the Wildlings supposedly invaded.

We do know that Wildlings have occasionally interacted with giants before Mance united everyone, but I can't find anything that says they raided the south together and it seems pretty unlikely give the methods referenced. (Very hard to lift a mammoth up over the wall or to dig a tunnel big enough for it.)

Well, now that the Giants are disputed I have no legs to stand on. I based my argument on circumstantial evidence that Giants existed beyond the wall, but were rare, natives if the frost fangs, beyond the common man. I guess I assumed any great leader would utilize every asset of at their disposal. Do we have circumstantial evidence outside one raid to suggest against the involvement of giants? GRRM wrote the last episode of the show, and Jon esplicitly mentioned 6 previous attacks on the wall, it wasn't in the books.

Old Dude
05-15-2013, 08:09 AM
Of the reasons I mentioned above, giants are probably the least of it. It's not clear how many have joined the Wildlings, but we're talking about dozens rather than thousands.

They'd make nice shock troops, but a squad of crossbowmen could probably take out any of them with a clear field of fire. I think they might be more useful as field engineers.

The biggest issue, by far, is the civil war. The Stark forces at Winterfell have historically been the bane of these invasions, but those forces (that aren't already dead) are far to the south. Most of the fleet went down at Blackwater. The Ironborn are causing their own problems on the western shores. Provisions and supply are going to be a problem with the mess in the Riverlands. Many of the troops are pinned down in combat or protecting strongholds from their rivals.

And, of course, a new player in the game has it's own bargaining power.

DivineLegion
05-15-2013, 10:03 AM
Of the reasons I mentioned above, giants are probably the least of it. It's not clear how many have joined the Wildlings, but we're talking about dozens rather than thousands.

They'd make nice shock troops, but a squad of crossbowmen could probably take out any of them with a clear field of fire. I think they might be more useful as field engineers.

The biggest issue, by far, is the civil war. The Stark forces at Winterfell have historically been the bane of these invasions, but those forces (that aren't already dead) are far to the south. Most of the fleet went down at Blackwater. The Ironborn are causing their own problems on the western shores. Provisions and supply are going to be a problem with the mess in the Riverlands. Many of the troops are pinned down in combat or protecting strongholds from their rivals.

And, of course, a new player in the game has it's own bargaining power.

Agreed.

In terms of the Giants utility, Mance used them as walking battering rams after theirs was burned. I can't remember the Giants name off the top of my head, the one that took a liking to Jon, that crawled through the gate beating down doors until Donal Noye killed him. The mammoths were like horses for the Giants, simply a quicker means for getting from point A to B.

The Giants name was Mag.

DivineLegion
05-15-2013, 10:03 AM
Oops

El Guapo
05-15-2013, 01:23 PM
I watched the episode again last night, and I have to say that it ranks pretty high in my favorite episodes. GRRM really packed in a lot of meaning in this one. There's a lot of emotion and character development/revealation in it. Arya saying that her one true god is death. Sansa and Maergery's discussion - and Sansa still so naive. Osha's tale of her husband - which is amazing coming straight from GRRM. "Ser" Jaime. The boy king and the pimp hand. Tyrion pleading with Shae. Clyburn and Jaime's discussion. Robb and Talisa. This episode was chock full of character development and revelations.

Agreed, whoheartedy. I watched it (finally) last night and I was coming here to say what has already been said.

and, yes, I was nerd raging at the top of this thread. LOL

v2micca
05-16-2013, 09:51 AM
My Apologies if this has been addressed already in the thread, but has anyone else noticed that Jaime Lanister is basically Luke Skywalker?

Both:

Have a bit too close of a relationship with their twin sister.
Have lost their right hand.
Have a difficult relationship with their father.
Have been involved in the killing of an Evil Mad King/Emperor.

GRRM is a bit of a geek. This cannot be a complete coincidence.

Old Dude
05-16-2013, 10:10 AM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6367362304/h34829BA0/

Drunk Monkey
05-16-2013, 10:14 AM
My Apologies if this has been addressed already in the thread, but has anyone else noticed that Jaime Lanister is basically Luke Skywalker?

Both:

Have a bit too close of a relationship with their twin sister.
Have lost their right hand.
Have a difficult relationship with their father.
Have been involved in the killing of an Evil Mad King/Emperor.

GRRM is a bit of a geek. This cannot be a complete coincidence.

Skywalker is a good person, is always portrayed as a good person. He does the right thing almost all the time.

Jamie is the exact opposite.

The circumstances of their environment are similar but their personalities are very different.

Requiem
05-16-2013, 10:28 AM
Read The Hero With A Thousand Faces and you will get at where GRRM and GL were getting some of their ideas from.

Old Dude
05-16-2013, 03:24 PM
Latest Facebook Updates:

NOT WORK SAFE

http://www.happyplace.com/23906/game-of-thrones-facebook-recap-season-3-episode-7

lolcopter
05-16-2013, 03:57 PM
Latest Facebook Updates:

NOT WORK SAFE

http://www.happyplace.com/23906/game-of-thrones-facebook-recap-season-3-episode-7

lol amazing

IndelibleScribe
05-16-2013, 06:27 PM
that's just awesome

Baba Booey
05-20-2013, 09:10 AM
Great episode last night

Anyone think we'll meet Coldhands this season?

v2micca
05-20-2013, 09:48 AM
Okay, did I just miss this until recently? According to the official website, we don't get another new episode until June. Was this always the schedule or is this a recent change?

Old Dude
05-20-2013, 09:54 AM
Memorial Day break.

Old Dude
05-20-2013, 10:04 AM
Great episode last night

Anyone think we'll meet Coldhands this season?

I'd say it's about 50/50. And, if so, probably not until the final few scenes of episode 10, cliffhanger fashion.

Reason: Looks like there's already an awful lot of other stuff to cover in Episode 9.

Also, based on the preview for next week, it looks to me like they are folding the events of Meereen into the Yunkai setting. That would be consistent with some of the other streamling they've done. I think they really are trying to wrap this up in 7 seasons.

StugotsIII
05-20-2013, 10:09 AM
Red Wedding====E9

Baba Booey
05-20-2013, 10:26 AM
Ep 9 is quite clearly the Red Wedding and sounds like Queen's Crown will be included as well.

In episode ten I'm guessing/hoping:

Yunkai falls (hence the title "Mhysa" or "Mother")
Coldhands
Lady Stoneheart?
Battle at Castle Black/Ygritte?

Probably a lot to cram into one episode but oh well

Old Dude
05-20-2013, 10:34 AM
also:

Balon Greyjoy?
Davos?
Mandatory Theon Torture Scene?
Mandatory Joffrey-being-an-ass-scene?
Ravens release from Castle Black?

MagicHef
05-20-2013, 12:43 PM
My preference would be:

9:
Red Wedding
Queen's Crown

10:
Yunkai
Castle Black
Coldhands as last shot of season

Stoneheart as last shot of season 4

Nothing more about Reek until season 5

Baba Booey
05-20-2013, 01:33 PM
My preference would be:

9:
Red Wedding
Queen's Crown

10:
Yunkai
Castle Black
Coldhands as last shot of season

Stoneheart as last shot of season 4

Nothing more about Reek until season 5

You're right re: Lady Stoneheart. Forgot that's not until the epilogue of A Storm of Swords.

MagicHef
05-20-2013, 02:51 PM
You're right re: Lady Stoneheart. Forgot that's not until the epilogue of A Storm of Swords.

I don't know if they'll wait that long, though. I think a lot of the shock of her appearing is due to the fact that you've assumed her dead for a long, long time. I think that would be lost if she showed up one episode later. We'll see what they want to do, I guess.

Baba Booey
05-20-2013, 03:20 PM
I don't know if they'll wait that long, though. I think a lot of the shock of her appearing is due to the fact that you've assumed her dead for a long, long time. I think that would be lost if she showed up one episode later. We'll see what they want to do, I guess.

Well remember, they still have the entire second half of Swords to do for season four. That should imply enough time has passed.

Old Dude
05-21-2013, 02:31 PM
Facebookish Episode 8. Also NOT WORK SAFE.

http://www.happyplace.com/24039/game-of-thrones-facebook-recap-season-3-episode-8

Broncos_OTM
05-21-2013, 04:13 PM
Like MagicHef said. They are trying to get away from the White Walkers.

(The past invasions were just attempted land grabs, but they were a long time ago.)

Not to mention have they ever been unified....

kappys
05-22-2013, 07:51 PM
I could see them saving both weddings for episode 10 - kind of doing a back and forth between the two nuptials

peacepipe
05-22-2013, 08:01 PM
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/03/22/hbo-reportedly-mulling-game-of-thrones-prequel-series.html
I don't know if this has been posted but there might be a prequel.

In a recent interview with IGN, Martin said he has been in talks with HBO about possibly developing a prequel series for Game of Thrones, which would revolve around his Tales of Dunk and Egg novellas, which are set roughly 90 years before the start of the HBO series (and the first novel, A Game of Thrones).
Any thoughts?

Baba Booey
05-22-2013, 09:17 PM
If it came from Martin's mind I'm in.

misturanderson
05-22-2013, 11:13 PM
I could see them saving both weddings for episode 10 - kind of doing a back and forth between the two nuptials

I doubt it, considering the title of the episode, "Mhysa." I'm betting the royal wedding is being saved for the first episode of next season.

Boobs McGee
05-23-2013, 08:55 AM
I doubt it, considering the title of the episode, "Mhysa." I'm betting the royal wedding is being saved for the first episode of next season.

Can someone refresh my memory as to the progression of the Red / Royal weddings in the book? Was there a pretty large difference in time between the two?

There are so many glorious deaths in such a short time...I wonder if they'll stretch the subsequent happenings directly after the Royal Wedding into a few episodes.

Johnykbr
05-23-2013, 09:56 AM
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/03/22/hbo-reportedly-mulling-game-of-thrones-prequel-series.html
I don't know if this has been posted but there might be a prequel.

Any thoughts?

If this won't get in the way of him releasing WoW then I am all for it. However I am pessimistic when it comes to his ability to concentrate on a single task.

Taco John
05-23-2013, 10:09 AM
Too bad it won't be on this weekend...

Old Dude
05-23-2013, 11:26 AM
Can someone refresh my memory as to the progression of the Red / Royal weddings in the book? Was there a pretty large difference in time between the two?

There are so many glorious deaths in such a short time...I wonder if they'll stretch the subsequent happenings directly after the Royal Wedding into a few episodes.

My impression was that only a week or two separated the events. There was enough time for the initial report to reach King's Landing, as well as the subsequent gory details (some of which happened the day after). Then there was enough time for Salladhor Saan to witness the Lannister troops celebrating in King's Landing and then for him to sail to Dragonstone to give a report to Stannis.

But the TV series could easily change that, just as it's altered many other timelines.

Fedaykin
05-23-2013, 11:47 AM
If this won't get in the way of him releasing WoW then I am all for it. However I am pessimistic when it comes to his ability to concentrate on a single task.

Careful in your complaints about his getting books done. There is a dwindling number of Starks left for him to kill off in retaliation.

Johnykbr
05-23-2013, 01:15 PM
Careful in your complaints about his getting books done. There is a dwindling number of Starks left for him to kill off in retaliation.

LOL. If he kills off Bran then I will make it my email signature. I despise that kid because of the show.

DivineLegion
05-23-2013, 01:17 PM
The title of episode 9 is the Rains of Castamere, its safe to assume this will be the red wedding.

JLesSPE
05-23-2013, 01:18 PM
And the episode description is "King Robb presents himself to Walder Frey". Safe to say the red wedding is going down in ep 9

Kaylore
05-23-2013, 01:36 PM
They should have Billy Idol sing as the credits roll.

ZONA
05-23-2013, 01:36 PM
So what was up with that face on the tree? I for sure thought the tree was going to talk to that stranded couple with the baby. They kept showing that tree face but it never talked or anything. Weak. And what was chubby thinking there. Clearly that blade was special, it killed one of those freaks. And then he runs off like a dumbass and leaves it on the ground. Even if it wasn't a special magical blade, who in the hell in those times runs off and leaves a perfectly good blade laying on the ground. It would take 2 seconds to pick it up. Idiot. I hope some monster has him roasting over a fire next week, hahaha.

EDIT - and oh yeah, witch lady got a rockin body. Be tapping that ****, leaches or no leaches.

underrated29
05-23-2013, 01:42 PM
So what was up with that face on the tree? I for sure thought the tree was going to talk to that stranded couple with the baby. They kept showing that tree face but it never talked or anything. Weak. And what was chubby thinking there. Clearly that blade was special, it killed one of those freaks. And then he runs off like a dumbass and leaves it on the ground. Even if it wasn't a special magical blade, who in the hell in those times runs off and leaves a perfectly good blade laying on the ground. It would take 2 seconds to pick it up. Idiot. I hope some monster has him roasting over a fire next week, hahaha.

EDIT - and oh yeah, witch lady got a rockin body. Be tapping that ****, leaches or no leaches.

Almost all of the weirwood trees has a face carved in them. They are the old trees, the trees of the gods or whatever they say. From the original men, or children of the forest.

ZONA
05-23-2013, 01:52 PM
Almost all of the weirwood trees has a face carved in them. They are the old trees, the trees of the gods or whatever they say. From the original men, or children of the forest.

Cool. But would you bang that witch? Hahaha

underrated29
05-23-2013, 04:16 PM
I already have. A few times.

StugotsIII
05-23-2013, 04:18 PM
I already have. A few times.

Link?

El Guapo
05-24-2013, 11:45 AM
And the episode description is "King Robb presents himself to Walder Frey". Safe to say the red wedding is going down in ep 9

I'm preppin' myself now... :pity:

Old Dude
05-27-2013, 09:36 AM
http://i.imgur.com/qbvPmvH.jpg

Kaylore
05-27-2013, 11:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/qbvPmvH.jpg

Two of my favorite shows! ;D

DivineLegion
05-27-2013, 12:26 PM
If only it were that sweet...

El Guapo
05-27-2013, 07:03 PM
no, it will be better.

StugotsIII
05-27-2013, 07:07 PM
no, it will be better.

Actually I thought how he went out wasn't all that great

Drunk Monkey
05-27-2013, 08:17 PM

I don't know about that. He lacked the necessary skill to make it a glorious death in battle. The way it went down and by who's hands was pretty good.

DivineLegion
05-27-2013, 08:29 PM
SPOILER:

StugotsIII
05-27-2013, 08:59 PM
I don't know about that. He lacked the necessary skill to make it a glorious death in battle. The way it went down and by who's hands was pretty good.

Meh…I wished it were Tyrian or someone that was really wronged by him. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to see him die...

El Guapo
05-28-2013, 06:47 AM

Agreed, but I was just happy to see him go.

Soon.

Kaylore
05-30-2013, 02:19 PM
Raj from Big Bang Theory was just cast as the Red Viper...

http://media.tumblr.com/cc13b631e92854de908b1d9d3102f8ba/tumblr_inline_mmhh1ggBYP1qz4rgp.gif

Yeah right.

Kaylore
05-30-2013, 02:26 PM
Wallowitz is playing Aegon.

http://courtsideconvo.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/2lbdkp2.gif

DivineLegion
05-30-2013, 07:29 PM
I heard Penny is playing Penny.

Peter Jackson movie tricks I guess...

Taco John
05-30-2013, 08:53 PM
Charlie Kelly is being cast as Victarion.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JiA5RjbnlZk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Taco John
05-30-2013, 09:10 PM
Actually, I'd be interested to see Michael Shannon cast as Victarion.

http://i.imgur.com/SJY8TUP.jpg

Iron Born!

http://i.imgur.com/d7hTPOQ.jpg

He's got a Grayjoy look about him...

Taco John
05-30-2013, 09:24 PM
Gabriel Byrne as Mace Tyrell:

http://i.imgur.com/p7MlI6M.jpg

Taco John
05-30-2013, 09:27 PM
And, of course... Duh... This guy as the Red Viper:

http://i.imgur.com/c4skHpg.jpg

Taco John
05-30-2013, 09:32 PM
Ok, seriously...

Eion Macken as Oberyn:

http://i.imgur.com/7XYvnpz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KAQwZig.jpg

Old Dude
06-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Just a few hours to go, and the cake ain't done.

http://media.tumblr.com/9de396539116c4bb95a7a1a7411a8844/tumblr_inline_mn2ue8Q13V1qz4rgp.gif

StugotsIII
06-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Chilly paws sighting tonight?

Johnykbr
06-02-2013, 05:46 PM
Chilly paws sighting tonight?

Is he Cold Hands talking pet dog who helps him fight crime?

StugotsIII
06-02-2013, 06:12 PM
Is he Cold Hands talking pet dog who helps him fight crime?

That would be great

JLesSPE
06-02-2013, 07:54 PM
I knew it was coming and it still made me sick to my stomach. I want all the Lannisters to burn.

Old Dude
06-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Well, I guess that answered a question or two.

peacepipe
06-02-2013, 08:00 PM
probably the best episode of the season. I'm even more excited for next weeks episode. This was the biggest WTF moment in the books when I read them.

Boobs McGee
06-02-2013, 08:03 PM
Just, wow. That was one of the most tense episodes of television I've watched in a long time.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-02-2013, 08:09 PM
Wow wow wee wow

elsid13
06-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Good episode tonight.

jutang
06-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Ned Stark's death was truley the wtf moment of the series for me so far. It set up the tone that no character is safe. Robb's death seemed like it was a matter of time after his mom undermined him and let Jamie go.

Archer81
06-02-2013, 09:07 PM
Intense episode. Harder to watch then I thought it would be...and to have the missing Starks THAT close...damn.

:Broncos:

lolcopter
06-02-2013, 09:10 PM
holy ****

starks are terrible at this game

lol robb

Mat'hir Uth Gan
06-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Never thought I'd see that play out on film or TV. It was tough to watch, but done extremely well. There's going to be a more than a few people who swear off the show after tonight.

Taco John
06-02-2013, 11:18 PM
Never thought I'd see that play out on film or TV. It was tough to watch, but done extremely well. There's going to be a more than a few people who swear off the show after tonight.

Sweet summer children...

Aftermath
06-02-2013, 11:28 PM
That ending made me numb. Incredible. Pissed they killed the wolf too.

Baba Booey
06-02-2013, 11:34 PM
I mean if you think about it the only ****ty Lannister left is Cersei

I want to see the Boltons get theirs more than anything

Kaylore
06-02-2013, 11:46 PM
This why people who complain that the set up episodes are going too slow need to shut up.

Fedaykin
06-02-2013, 11:50 PM
Certainly answers some lingering questions about Jeyne/Talisa's fate, unless the writers are getting themselves in a bind.

Fedaykin
06-02-2013, 11:55 PM

Boltons & Freys have it coming big time.

That just means they'll live to a riper(er) old age though.

cutthemdown
06-02-2013, 11:58 PM
Wow that was a bloodbath.

cutthemdown
06-03-2013, 12:00 AM

The king is a lannister also.

cutthemdown
06-03-2013, 12:01 AM
Rob Stark never had what it took to lead his family. He made his choices like a boy and his whole family paid the price. To not be wary and looking out for a double cross was his last mistake.

Fedaykin
06-03-2013, 12:06 AM
Rob Stark never had what it took to lead his family. He made his choices like a boy and his whole family paid the price. To not be wary and looking out for a double cross was his last mistake.

It's one thing getting very badly translated. In the books, he is a boy of ~14-15, not a man in his 20s like the show/actor conveys.

Of course, so is Dany, Theon, etc.

cutthemdown
06-03-2013, 12:11 AM
It's one thing getting very badly translated. In the books, he is a boy of ~14-15, not a man in his 20s like the show/actor conveys.

Of course, so is Dany, Theon, etc.

His little brother Bran seems like an older soul and someone who puts family first more.

myMind
06-03-2013, 12:20 AM

Or maybe Tywin, but maybe...

*edit* are you referring to the current books, or what just happened in the show?

For some reason I think Arya and (Jon (DoA)) are going to bring the pain.

A fitting end for Walder Frey would be to waste away to disease before everything plays out...or be killed by his own.

El Guapo
06-03-2013, 06:52 AM
Well, when I got to this point in the books I literally threw the book down and didn't pick it back up for a week. They did a great job with last nights episode and I look forward to more! Sucks there is only one episode left this season, but it should be good.

Don't get me wrong, I was pissed about them killing off Robb and his mom, but man did I cringe when they took out the direwolf.

StugotsIII
06-03-2013, 07:15 AM
Well, when I got to this point in the books I literally threw the book down and didn't pick it back up for a week. They did a great job with last nights episode and I look forward to more! Sucks there is only one episode left this season, but it should be good.

Don't get me wrong, I was pissed about them killing off Robb and his mom, but man did I cringe when they took out the direwolf.

This is a common reaction…

The GoT book throw…

More to come:D

Baba Booey
06-03-2013, 07:40 AM
The king is a lannister also.

I'm talking about current to the books, and Tommen isn't bad at all.

Kaylore
06-03-2013, 08:03 AM
I actually think Littlefinger would be a terrible king.

El Guapo
06-03-2013, 08:08 AM
100% agreed.

Johnykbr
06-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Best acting award goes to Jorah with that completely anguished look he gave when Dany asked him about Daario.

Fantastic episode overall. I wish Grey Wind could have taken down some of the Frey's like he did in the book.

Also, we've talked about it before but if Martin did tell the HBO crew what the ending will be and if they are attempting to follow it, then that means we all received the spoiler that Jeyne, who may still be pregnant, is not really going to play a huge part in the upcoming books.

Johnykbr
06-03-2013, 08:34 AM
Also, if you want to read something funny, look up this episode on Twitter...those comments are hilarious. If all the threats from the girls are true, this show just lost over half its female audience.

Baba Booey
06-03-2013, 09:42 AM
Gonna use spoilers cause I'm talking about stuff that's at the very end of book five and everyone might not be there.

Aegon certainly looks poised to take the throne in the short term. I'm interested to see what happens when/if Dany crosses the Narrow Sea. (Will she have a Khalasar to go along with her Unsullied? Will she join with/marry Aegon or oppose him?)

Fully convinced that Littlefinger is just a piece of **** and will use Sansa as a means to an end or just betray her. It was bad-****ing-ass when he chucked Lysa out the moon gate though. I hope they keep that in the show.

Pretty obvious Jon isn't dead, but who the hell knows what's next for him. Maybe Tormund saves him or something?

Everything about the story north of the wall compels the hell out of me. Sounds like Martin is going to take us way north in the next two books, too.

Kaylore
06-03-2013, 09:45 AM
Also, if you want to read something funny, look up this episode on Twitter...those comments are hilarious. If all the threats from the girls are true, this show just lost over half its female audience.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5abmgvhSq1qeee3yo1_500.gif

El Guapo
06-03-2013, 10:04 AM
I don't go on twitter, please post a summary (although I can only imagine). I'll begin my eye roll in the meantime.

Johnykbr
06-03-2013, 10:34 AM
I don't go on twitter, please post a summary (although I can only imagine). I'll begin my eye roll in the meantime.

I took time on the actual trend but here is an article that has some of the better ones on it...

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2013/06/game-of-thrones-red-wedding/65812/

El Guapo
06-03-2013, 11:15 AM
HAHA! What do they think this is, Twilight? I guess some can't deal with the fact that those characters are all human and can die at a moments notice. It doesn't matter if you're a popular/main character, such is life.

If I can digress for a moment; I guess this is another glimpse into what our society has become, a bunch of sheltered and protected little lambs. The same sheep that blindly purchase and defend the iPhone as being the best.

StugotsIII
06-03-2013, 11:32 AM
http://i.imgur.com/hlVCufj.gifHAHA! What do they think this is, Twilight? I guess some can't deal with the fact that those characters are all human and can die at a moments notice. It doesn't matter if you're a popular/main character, such is life.

If I can digress for a moment; I guess this is another glimpse into what our society has become, a bunch of sheltered and protected little lambs. The same sheep that blindly purchase and defend the iPhone has being the best.

http://i.imgur.com/hlVCufj.gif

StugotsIII
06-03-2013, 11:42 AM
http://img.pandawhale.com/63221-game-of-thrones-wedding-crashe-3ulc.jpeg

Kaylore
06-03-2013, 11:50 AM
You have to learn to accept that George R.R. Martin kills all his characters. At first I hated it. But then I tried to acknowledge that 1.) Everyone dies. and 2.) It's a war in Medieval-ish times, which means a lot of people die. To enjoy the books, you really mush enjoy the characters on every page because they very well could be gone in just a few chapters. So enjoy them while you have them.

I was more sad about other deaths upcoming. And while it does seem the Stark's get shat on lot in GOT, it's setting up some more cool elements.

Baba Booey
06-03-2013, 11:56 AM
A new chapter in The Winds of Winter was just released:

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i403/dperry7/35B10A65-F35B-427C-91F1-9441BED570B4-22994-00000CEE09E89402_zps2de769d4.jpg

StugotsIII
06-03-2013, 12:00 PM

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i403/dperry7/35B10A65-F35B-427C-91F1-9441BED570B4-22994-00000CEE09E89402_zps2de769d4.jpg

HOLY SPOILERS!!!

Fedaykin
06-03-2013, 12:11 PM
The only thing I was disappointing in was that Rosalin was happy and smiling during the feast. The added horror that she knew what was going to happen at her own wedding would have added just that much more.

Old Dude
06-03-2013, 12:28 PM
On the bright side, looks like we get more Theon torture next week.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
06-03-2013, 01:03 PM
These reactions are great:

http://youtu.be/78juOpTM3tE

Johnykbr
06-03-2013, 01:07 PM

I never knew Hodor was so spiritual...but I do have to say that I disapprove of the profanities.

myMind
06-03-2013, 01:18 PM
These reactions are great:

http://youtu.be/78juOpTM3tE

3:14 made me laugh

Old Dude
06-03-2013, 01:29 PM
The guy in the middle is obviously a book reader. Or a Lannister fan.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XURJ15S9xEk/T6QGIlwtlrI/AAAAAAAABGE/LZER-vUpq8c/s1600/survivor-smile.gif

Note: Funniest thing I saw was on a comments board (mostly for nonbook people), where poster wrote that he hoped they'd show the bodies being desecrated in next week's episode.

Sicko troll.

peacepipe
06-03-2013, 01:41 PM

Hilarious!Hilarious!

Drunk Monkey
06-03-2013, 03:30 PM
Great Episode but we need more Daenery

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/the-dar-0.jpg?w=500

Johnykbr
06-03-2013, 05:17 PM
http://i.minus.com/i5lnbUst2vyzo.gif

Not sure if that means you approve or that I should expect to find somebody skinned and flayed in my bedroom closet when I get home.

yerner
06-03-2013, 05:24 PM
HAHA! What do they think this is, Twilight? I guess some can't deal with the fact that those characters are all human and can die at a moments notice. It doesn't matter if you're a popular/main character, such is life.

If I can digress for a moment; I guess this is another glimpse into what our society has become, a bunch of sheltered and protected little lambs. The same sheep that blindly purchase and defend the iPhone has being the best.

Wow. Probably my favorite post in a very long time.

Archer81
06-03-2013, 05:32 PM
I am amused by the level of shock the last episode made people feel. I'd recommend they read the books but I'd get the "this is a book?" question/stare. This series is bloody and violent. There is no such thing as a safe character. The first season should have keyed people in, especially the finale.

:Broncos:

lolcopter
06-03-2013, 06:01 PM
On the bright side, looks like we get more Theon torture next week.

Now that roose is a full turncoat, maybe the tv writers will finally reveal who Theon's captor is

underrated29
06-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Man that was a good episode. I just watched it. Was boating all day yesterday and then watched the hawks game. I loved how after the RW the credits were silent. Brilliant! I like how they followed the book very closely too.

I was a little sad with the whole hod or scene. I w cracking up in the book, when the thunder was freaking him out, but they followed it well.

Old Dude
06-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Now if we can just end Season 3 with a wide-eyed Stoneheart shriek, I'll be happy.

Baba Booey
06-03-2013, 10:06 PM
Now if we can just end Season 3 with a wide-eyed Stoneheart shriek, I'll be happy.

Eh, I think they'll wait because in the books I think she was dead for a bit before Beric found her body.

What I'm really hoping for in ep 10 is Coldhands

underrated29
06-03-2013, 11:21 PM
I think we lose ygritte next Sunday.

Taco John
06-03-2013, 11:28 PM

I've been wondering about this. Surely it has to happen, but that love story being stomped into the ground is going to pretty well demolish every last ounce of their female viewership.

Of course there's always Daenerys and Daario.

Taco John
06-04-2013, 02:21 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qJ4paRnLmWI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DivineLegion
06-04-2013, 06:47 AM
I've been wondering about this. Surely it has to happen, but that love story being stomped into the ground is going to pretty well demolish every last ounce of their female viewership.

Of course there's always Daenerys and Daario.

Hahahah! My fiancé, who has not read the books, asked me at lunch if Jon was going to save Yigrette.

GRRM, breaking every woman's heart since 1996.

Kaylore
06-04-2013, 08:15 AM

That's exactly how I think season three will end. Or like her eyes opening.

elsid13
06-04-2013, 08:19 AM
That's exactly how I think season three will end. Or like her eyes opening.

Yea, I think that the last scene from this season. They fish her out of the water and bam.

DivineLegion
06-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Yea, I think that the last scene from this season. They fish her out of the water and bam.

They begin and end each season with the wall, I bet we meet cold hands.

Johnykbr
06-04-2013, 09:42 AM

I have to think they move that to next season...we've hardly seen Mance so his true design hasn't been shown to the viewer.

Also, I got to agree with TJ...I just don't think they are willing to kill Ygritte yet because of the female audience.

El Guapo
06-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Coldhands. They all start and end at the wall.

We should see Coldhands, and hopefully he's as badass as I imagine he is.

JLesSPE
06-04-2013, 10:10 AM
I want Ygritte to die just to see the epic angerfest continue. It would suck because she's hot and has that accent, but it's gonna happen sooner or later.

elsid13
06-04-2013, 10:19 AM
I want Ygritte to die just to see the epic angerfest continue. It would suck because she's hot and has that accent, but it's gonna happen sooner or later.

Don't worry she will be replaced with some good look chick soon enough.

Kaylore
06-04-2013, 10:27 AM
Ygrittes not that hot. And she should die purely because she's a ginger.

Old Dude
06-04-2013, 11:09 AM
My bet is on Stoneheart rather than Coldhands for the season conclusion. I could easily be wrong, but here's my thinking:

In the book, Coldhands is first introduced when he saves Sam & Gilly from an attack by wights; he then leads them to the secret entrance to the Nightfort.

In the series, Sam already knows about the secret entrance and is within a few miles of the Wall at the conclusion of ep 9. So, no need for a guide at this point.

On the other side of the Wall, it looks as though Bran & co will enter the Nightfort in ep 10. The synopsis says that Bran tells a ghost story. I’m guessing this involves him relating the story of the Night King. The preview shows the group reacting to someone inside the fort. If it’s just Sam, there isn’t any reason to introduce Coldhands until next season.

Of all the storylines in progress, Bran’s journey is most likely to lap GMMs books before the next volume comes out. They need to slow it down a bit. Bumping CH down the road an episode or two would help.

Also, no one seems to be cast in the CH role this season.

If the season ends with CH, it would be mostly a who-the-heck- moment. Mysterious, but not that dramatic, unless you incorporate a wight attack and I just don't think they have enough time to do that justice given all the other points they need to touch in ep 10.

On the other hand, let’s look at Stoneheart. You guys are right that she isn’t introduced until well after the RW. But her resurrection happens within just a few days – about the same amount of time that it takes word of mouth to transmit all of the gory details to King’s Landing and Dragonstone. That would be a heck of a scene to end on, given the implications for paybacks (which are in high demand by the audience right now). Also highly supernatural, which is another theme they start and end on.

Also, if they don’t introduce Stoneheart in ep 10, then cagey non-book readers are going to realize something’s up if Michelle Fairley is still listed in the credits for Season 4 (or if word gets out she’s shooting scenes.)

Plus, the Title of the Episode: “Mhysa” which means “mother.” (That’s the chant for Dany as the mother of dragons, but it would have a double meaning if the last scene is Stoneheart.)

Baba Booey
06-04-2013, 11:46 AM
All very valid points, especially re: Stoneheart.

So maybe it's Bran & Co. that are attacked by wights/saved by Coldhands, not Sam? That would make sense. Then he just proceeds to lead them to the cave. Most of Bran in S4 will have to filler before the cave in S5. Otherwise they're gonna pass Martin.

Also, what was the opening scene of season two? Was it at/beyond the wall? I can't remember.

JLesSPE
06-04-2013, 12:06 PM

Well we all have opinions Kaylore, yours just happens to be wrong. ;D

StugotsIII
06-04-2013, 12:10 PM

This is 100% accurate.

Old Dude
06-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Holy cow:

https://twitter.com/RedWeddingTears

Drunk Monkey
06-04-2013, 01:06 PM

Agreed with the non hotness disagree with the death to all gingers.

Old Dude
06-04-2013, 01:14 PM
Also, what was the opening scene of season two? Was it at/beyond the wall? I can't remember.

I thought it was Tyrion arriving at KL to spoil Joff's B-Day party.

lolcopter
06-04-2013, 01:53 PM

Disagree with non-hotness, agree with death to all gingers

El Guapo
06-04-2013, 02:37 PM
Holy cow:

This reinforces my pledge to not sign up for twitter. What a bunch of twerps.

lolcopter
06-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Holy cow:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100318024248/southpark/images/e/e9/ScottTenormanMustDie30.gif

Broncos_OTM
06-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Ruthless, loved it. The females don't like it? Pft what are they doing out of the kitchen

Broncos_OTM
06-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Oh my.GOT, THEIR KILLING EVERYONE!!!! MUHAHAB

Drunk Monkey
06-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Holy cow:

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/dar-dar-dar-4.jpg?w=500

Johnykbr
06-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Holy cow:

To be fair, everyone was a little hurt when "Ron Snow" died and "Taiwan Lannister" is a jerk.

IndelibleScribe
06-04-2013, 04:30 PM
I actually think Littlefinger would be a terrible king.

he would. his outlook as a puppeteer is downright scary but perfect for behind the scenes(the true power behind the figurehead and all that), whereas it would be horrifically bad as a king since you must be all things to everyone.

Old Dude
06-04-2013, 04:51 PM
"Mhysa" from the Season Three Soundtrack:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RvyP-_POJH0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quite possibly the final song for the season. What do you folks picture?

Baba Booey
06-04-2013, 05:37 PM
Slaves rallying around Dany and chanting "Mother/Mhysa", probably.

Old Dude
06-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Yeah. Doesn't sound much like the "Coldhands" theme.

That discordant bell at the end, though ... eyes opening?

Baba Booey
06-04-2013, 06:16 PM
I thought the same thing

lolcopter
06-04-2013, 08:35 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/78juOpTM3tE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Boobs McGee
06-04-2013, 10:15 PM

Three months ago, I would've agreed. NOW, after having dated one for a bit, I will say that only select gingers should die. My gf not included.