PDA

View Full Version : Sports Show with Norm Macdonald

TDmvp
04-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Comedy Central tonight ...

Actually pretty funny. I don't really like Norm's stand up but loved him doing weekend update on SnL and this new show seems to be basically like weekend update but sports.

Worth 30mins and is at least semi funny. Much better then that Onion Sports thing that started awhile back.

Man-Goblin
04-13-2011, 06:15 AM
The Blake Griffin segment was really funny. This show has potential for sure.

Sportsdome was awful and I hope it not only never comes back, but that all evidence of it is destroyed.

Boobs McGee
04-13-2011, 07:28 AM
I almost started a thread saying the exact opposite haha. I didn't think it was funny at all...ESPECIALLY that lame ass Blake griffin segment. The only part that made me crack a smile was the bit about charl schwertzel (sp?). That garbage time segment was horrible.

I dunno, I thought the jokes were all pretty cheesy, and wasn't impressed.

Fwiw I thought the sportsdome was better

2KBack
04-13-2011, 08:17 AM
I almost started a thread saying the exact opposite haha. I didn't think it was funny at all...ESPECIALLY that lame ass Blake griffin segment. The only part that made me crack a smile was the bit about charl schwertzel (sp?). That garbage time segment was horrible.

I dunno, I thought the jokes were all pretty cheesy, and wasn't impressed.

Fwiw I thought the sportsdome was better

This is my fear...I personally think Norm MacDonald is a genius. His whole shtick has always been obviously cheesy jokes with really oblivious delivery. It gets me every time, but most people just don't seem into it.

Boobs McGee
04-13-2011, 08:43 AM
This is my fear...I personally think Norm MacDonald is a genius. His whole shtick has always been obviously cheesy jokes with really oblivious delivery. It gets me every time, but most people just don't seem into it.

Ya know, I've always enjoyed norm, and your description is spot on. Obvious jokes with obvious delivery. For some reason though, I just didn't find this particular venture of his humorous at all :( I'm really hoping it grows on me

2KBack
04-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Ya know, I've always enjoyed norm, and your description is spot on. Obvious jokes with obvious delivery. For some reason though, I just didn't find this particular venture of his humorous at all :( I'm really hoping it grows on me

Pilots are often the worst episodes, so there is hope there. That said...Norm's stuff almost always fails. I even liked his failed sitcom and I think it only last like 6 episodes.

Houshyamama
04-13-2011, 10:49 AM
Norm's a comedian's comedian. One of the best out there.

Gort
04-13-2011, 03:48 PM
Norm's a genius. but he's a comic's comic. audiences used to fart jokes won't get his humor. i think he's hilarious. his roast of Bob Saget is the stuff of legend.

here's the Blake Griffin segment from last night. i like the "sweet Gordy Howe!" line... most audiences won't recognize that Norm's Canadian and goofing on the notion that Canadians only know/care about hockey.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xf4hITGVtCo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Archer81
04-13-2011, 05:41 PM
My brother dvr'd this. We watched it today. I have to say I am tired of internet video/talk soup esque/sports parody shows. I thought it was lame.

:Broncos:

Broncobiv
04-13-2011, 06:23 PM
I enjoyed it, and the opening segment definitely reminded me of Weekend Update on SNL (Norm is probably my favorite WU host).

But that brought along a small problem...I found myself wanting him to go into other topics besides just sports!

broncocalijohn
04-13-2011, 10:59 PM
Pilots are often the worst episodes, so there is hope there. That said...Norm's stuff almost always fails. I even liked his failed sitcom and I think it only last like 6 episodes.

I loved that show of him being the ex hockey player with the gambling problem. I hate when shows dont get a fair chance. Need to check this one out as I dig his delivery about the obvious.

Karenin
04-14-2011, 04:35 AM
If you don't think Norm MacDonald is funny, there is a 100% chance that you are an unfunny piece of ****, and I don't like you. Period end of story.

broncocalijohn
04-14-2011, 11:37 AM
If you don't think Norm MacDonald is funny, there is a 100% chance that you are an unfunny piece of ****, and I don't like you. Period end of story.

Now there will be 1000s of Maners lying that they dont like Norm McDonald. You not liking someone is a badge of honor for the receipient.

Houshyamama
04-14-2011, 12:29 PM
Now there will be 1000s of Maners lying that they dont like Norm McDonald. You not liking someone is a badge of honor for the receipient.

This is exactly the type of person who doesn't actually think he's funny anyway.

Wes Mantooth
04-15-2011, 12:06 AM
I just watched it with my wife a second time. Was crying from laughing so hard with the bit with the kid dancing in the street.

Karenin
04-15-2011, 05:01 AM
<table id="post3157183" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr title="Post 3157183"><td class="thead" style="font-weight:normal">http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/statusicon/post_new.gif 04-14-2011, 11:37 AM </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt2"> Remove user from ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=2951)
broncocalijohn (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=2951) </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt1"> This message is hidden because broncocalijohn is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).
</td></tr></tbody></table>

You still trolling me old man? You know, when I'm your age I certainly hope my life isn't as pathetic as yours. Just a bitter, old, fat, gray haired shell of a man, taking out all his anger for his failed life on others.

Ray Finkle
04-15-2011, 06:02 AM
Norm is not for everyone. If you get his humor, he is really on par with some of the greats. If you don't, he's Dane Cook.....

Boobs McGee
04-15-2011, 09:42 AM
I just watched it with my wife a second time. Was crying from laughing so hard with the bit with the kid dancing in the street.

see, maybe that's part of why I didn't find it so amusing. I've seen a LOT of the stuff he had (tosh did a web redemption with the ice cream truck guy that was absolutely hilarious) on other shows...so maybe if I'd seen it there first it would've been better.

Chris hit the nail on the head, the market is already saturated with these types of shows.

Wes Mantooth
04-15-2011, 11:19 AM
see, maybe that's part of why I didn't find it so amusing. I've seen a LOT of the stuff he had (tosh did a web redemption with the ice cream truck guy that was absolutely hilarious) on other shows...so maybe if I'd seen it there first it would've been better.

Chris hit the nail on the head, the market is already saturated with these types of shows.

Yeah that may be it. I've never watched tosh and saw that clip for the first time. Plus, norm and his brand of comedy is something I find amusing

Gort
04-15-2011, 12:18 PM
Yeah that may be it. I've never watched tosh and saw that clip for the first time. Plus, norm and his brand of comedy is something I find amusing

the thing about Norm is he apparently doesn't give a sh*t if mass audiences think he's funny. he knows he's funny and it amuses him to play to the back of the house (when other comics are around) rather than the front of the house. but when he's sitting down in an interview setting telling anecdotes, he's hilarious. that's why he kills on the talk shows (Stern, Letterman, Conan, Dennis Miller, etc.).

he's basically the "funny friend" who you hang out with at a bar for 4 or 5 hours being entertained by his hilarious stories. only he's funny enough to get paid to make a living at it.

Shananahan
04-15-2011, 12:28 PM
If you're somebody who finds Daniel Tosh funnier than Norm Macdonald, there is just no hope for you.

broncocalijohn
04-15-2011, 12:34 PM
You still trolling me old man? You know, when I'm your age I certainly hope my life isn't as pathetic as yours. Just a bitter, old, fat, gray haired shell of a man, taking out all his anger for his failed life on others.

Awesom! Got my badge of honor. Not being like by Karry must mean I am doing something correct. As if one of the biggest douchebags on the Mane has any pull. Im all smiles. ROFL!LOL:yayaya:(I guess if he took me off iggy , which he will to read this, he would see I am not fat, old with a touch of gray on the sides).