PDA

View Full Version : CDs in your player now

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
01-03-2005, 11:10 PM
Michael Brecker Quindectet - Wide Angles

:thumbsup:

Nice!

Brecker is an amazingly talented musician.

Everything he does is worthy of serious study and appreciation.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
01-03-2005, 11:15 PM
http://www.bluedesert.dk/cd3cm/lukather/lukecov3.jpg
http://www.bluedesert.dk/cd3cm/lukather/nosubscover.jpg
http://www.bluedesert.dk/images/lukather/luke.jpg

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
01-03-2005, 11:23 PM
http://www.bluedesert.dk/steelydan/steelyshowbiz.jpg
http://www.bluedesert.dk/steelydan/sampler.jpg

Northman
01-04-2005, 02:22 AM
Anbuis, I love your CD bookshelf. I have a CD rack that holds 500, but I officially overfilled it this last week and am looking for new stuff. Where'd you get yours?

Honestly, i have no idea. my best friend got it for me for xmas a few years ago. he said it cost him a pretty penny and the way its designed is pretty sturdy so i believe him. either way, you can find cheaper ones like Hogan said. the thing is, i need another one of these for the rest of my cds so i might have to ask him where he got it. :)

Nuggets4
01-04-2005, 11:20 AM

Nice!

Brecker is an amazingly talented musician.

Everything he does is worthy of serious study and appreciation.

I saw Brecker 3 or 4 years ago when he came to Boulder. Put on a clinic and then a KILLER concert. Did this amazing solo, stopped, walked over to the mic in the middle of it gasping for air and said, "How do you people deal with this altitude?!?" then continued to play stuff that would make mortals cry.

Incredible.

bendog
01-04-2005, 11:58 AM
Got in my car this am, after Mrs Dog had driven it for the weekend, popped the cd out - new moon daughter / cassandra wilson - couldn't find the cd case for it. Gave up looking, and fished out Weld/ neil young. Opened it up and found Strauss's greatest hits.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
01-04-2005, 10:11 PM
I saw Brecker 3 or 4 years ago when he came to Boulder. Put on a clinic and then a KILLER concert. Did this amazing solo, stopped, walked over to the mic in the middle of it gasping for air and said, "How do you people deal with this altitude?!?" then continued to play stuff that would make mortals cry.

Incredible.

Cool!

Last time I was in Boulder ('98 or thereabouts) I caught the Dave Weckl Group at The Boulder Theater. Great show!

BizzyBone7
01-06-2005, 09:19 AM
well for all the hip hop fans, i just got TI, Nas, DIplomats, Saigon mistape, and the new John Legend. i heard 5 songs from TI and it sounds realy good. i havent listend to Nas or Diplomats yet. The Saigon one i got cuz he had so much buzz and this mixtape got a lot of good reviews, its called Warning Shots, and i cant believe they had it at the best buy i went to. the John LEgend one is an R&B one and it ranks up there with Anthony Hamilton's. GReat CD and i recomend it.

RhymesayersDU
01-08-2005, 12:07 PM
Just bought:

Atmosphere - Headshots

No1BroncoFan
01-08-2005, 01:20 PM
Space is always a problem for the collector.

I tend to perfer the corner cabinets that have the fold out doors for that very reason...but it doesn't make for much displaywise...I'd like to do a wall of racks but then there's the problem of box sets (too large for that) digipaks (too fragile for normal storage) keeping signed stuff seperate and so on and so on...
I've moved all my CDs into slimline cases. Makes it a little tougher to pick the exact album I want to hear, but good organization takes care of most of that. It cut my storage area in half!

Ben

Nuggets4
01-08-2005, 04:34 PM
I was just about to bump this thread. Still haven't gotten an updated CD case. I found one I REALLY like but it's available online only and I don't want to buy it without seeing it nor pay shipping on something like that.

White Stripes - "White Blood Cells"
White Stripes - "Elephant"
The Streets - "A Grand Don't Come For Free"
The Roots - "The Tipping Point"

Turd Ferguson
01-08-2005, 05:03 PM
just bought old 96ers, a buddy told me about em...not bad

No1BroncoFan
01-08-2005, 11:02 PM
Have you guys tried ebay for your storage needs? I'm finding more and more stuff on ebay, brand new, for way under retail.

Ben

Taco John
01-08-2005, 11:29 PM
I'm currently listening to:

Muse
Lil Wayne
Kanye West
Nirvana - With the Lights Out

BizzyBone7
01-09-2005, 07:55 AM
I'm currently listening to:
Lil Wayne

im assuming u mean his newest. i was very impressed by that one, he stepped it up alot on the carter

Nuggets4
01-09-2005, 08:31 AM
My buddy's a die-hard Nirvana fan so he got the box set the first day it came out. I was watching his DVD that came with it, and if you haven't seen it, get it. They do a cover of "Seasons In The Sun" at the end where Grohl plays bass, Novaselic plays guitar and Cobain plays drums while singing. None of them look comfortable AT ALL. It's hilarious.

Hogan11
01-09-2005, 08:58 AM
I've moved all my CDs into slimline cases. Makes it a little tougher to pick the exact album I want to hear, but good organization takes care of most of that. It cut my storage area in half!

Ben

This is a good idea and I tend to do this with stuff released in digipaks (and lemme state for the record just how much I hate, Hate, HATE DIGIPAKS...I wish the industry would just release stuff in jewel or slimcases only...that fragile cardboard paper garbage has got to go!!).

For me however, storage with a library look/feel is what I perfer.....I love the fold out cabinets from Sauder (which act as great speaker stands as well), but they discontinued the tall ones I see and now the new line is much shorter and as a result, doesn't hold as much.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
01-11-2005, 06:25 AM
http://www.gregmathieson.com/Resources/livebp.jpg

LIVE AT THE BAKED POTATO FEATURING:
Greg Mathieson
Abraham Laboriel
Vinnie Colaiuta
Michael Landau

alkemical
01-11-2005, 12:02 PM
LABF,

the guys from tool hang out at some of those clubs.

Taco John
01-11-2005, 05:16 PM
im assuming u mean his newest. i was very impressed by that one, he stepped it up alot on the carter

Yes the new one... I dig his style.

Taco John
01-11-2005, 05:21 PM
My buddy's a die-hard Nirvana fan so he got the box set the first day it came out. I was watching his DVD that came with it, and if you haven't seen it, get it. They do a cover of "Seasons In The Sun" at the end where Grohl plays bass, Novaselic plays guitar and Cobain plays drums while singing. None of them look comfortable AT ALL. It's hilarious.

I got that CD set... It's pretty sweet. There's a lot of wierd "Kurt" stuff on there, just like you'd expect... and a lot of demos and b-sides...

Haven't gotten a chance to view the DVD yet though... Going to have to check that out.

Jens1893
01-11-2005, 05:34 PM
ive been listening to dropkick murphys a lot recently.

alkemical
01-11-2005, 05:39 PM
Some of you know i may not be the biggest beatles fan in the world

but i'd like to say that with out harrison, i wouldn't have eaten when i was homeless in seattle. (a krsna resteraunt called my sweet lord)

alkemical
01-11-2005, 05:40 PM

i made a mix-disc of the velvet underground, cash, the animals, prince and nine inch nails

Sir Mawn
01-11-2005, 05:46 PM

Good band. I'm a huge Pogues fan.

Jens1893
01-11-2005, 06:02 PM
i made a mix-disc of the velvet underground, cash, the animals, prince and nine inch nails

i mainly listen to music on my pc when im at home and ive had a mp3 radio in my car for a few months and ive just burned the songs of my favourite bands on a few cds. buying a mp3 radio for your car is highly recommended ....

alkemical
01-11-2005, 06:23 PM
I got one :)

Hogan11
01-11-2005, 08:19 PM
Some of you know i may not be the biggest beatles fan in the world

but i'd like to say that with out harrison, i wouldn't have eaten when i was homeless in seattle. (a krsna resteraunt called my sweet lord)

Nothing (other than the sound of a steel guitar) drives me nuts quicker than the sound of a sitar...I hate that shat with a passion.

I've delved deeper into the Get Hip label and it's stable of garage bands...mainly based in western PA and Ohio, these local level bands kick some serious azz.....three chords, sloppy, full of feedback and attitude...they are right up my alley as far as what I look for in a rock band these days....great, great stuff.......namely The Cynics, ever since I saw them in December, I've been buying everything I could from them and it has been money very well spent........I highly recommend them.

DB-Freak
01-11-2005, 10:04 PM

Seems like everyone is a NIN fan here.
:militia:

Ratboy
01-11-2005, 10:07 PM
This is one of the best CD's i've ever heard.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000D1FDI.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

alkemical
01-12-2005, 12:09 PM

i have it on SACD

alkemical
01-12-2005, 12:10 PM
Nothing (other than the sound of a steel guitar) drives me nuts quicker than the sound of a sitar...I hate that shat with a passion.

I've delved deeper into the Get Hip label and it's stable of garage bands...mainly based in western PA and Ohio, these local level bands kick some serious azz.....three chords, sloppy, full of feedback and attitude...they are right up my alley as far as what I look for in a rock band these days....great, great stuff.......namely The Cynics, ever since I saw them in December, I've been buying everything I could from them and it has been money very well spent........I highly recommend them.

I'll check it out hogan

alkemical
01-12-2005, 12:11 PM
Seems like everyone is a NIN fan here.
:militia:

i'm waiting for the new one

Mile High Shack
01-12-2005, 01:09 PM
i'm waiting for the new one

when does Trent's new one come out.......I hope it was better than the last double disc he put out

alkemical
01-12-2005, 01:15 PM
when does Trent's new one come out.......I hope it was better than the last double disc he put out

I really liked the fragile. It took me a while to 'figure' out what and where he was going though -

No set date, but he said no guitar/strings on his new album. could be fluff he's just pumping out -

Mile High Shack
01-12-2005, 01:16 PM
I really liked the fragile. It took me a while to 'figure' out what and where he was going though -

No set date, but he said no guitar/strings on his new album. could be fluff he's just pumping out -

well maybe you could tell me what he was "doing" in the fragile then, I tried to listen to it, but by about the 5th spin I couldn't get into it, it's not b/c I only liked the Downward Spiral, I was a NIN fan from the Pretty Hate Machine album

I just didn't "get" the Fragile.

alkemical
01-12-2005, 01:18 PM
well maybe you could tell me what he was "doing" in the fragile then, I tried to listen to it, but by about the 5th spin I couldn't get into it, it's not b/c I only liked the Downward Spiral, I was a NIN fan from the Pretty Hate Machine album

I just didn't "get" the Fragile.

There was some expansion on where he wanted to go, mostly on teh 2nd disc. I learned it was an album, and not any real standout songs. Like both discs make the whole album. There was some also new uses of melody and he tried to get away from some of his bread & butter that he knew he could use and just make cash. This was more about the effort, the principal, he made it for himself IMO.

Kid A
01-12-2005, 01:23 PM

My favorite Death Cab album. I've listening to a little of the killers and the streets too.

Hogan11
01-12-2005, 04:40 PM
I'll check it out hogan

http://www.gethip.com/

http://www.gethip.com/new/lp/gh1050.html

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
01-12-2005, 11:04 PM
LABF,

the guys from tool hang out at some of those clubs.

Yep - I was introduced to two of the members of Tool by their manager (a friend of a friend) the same night the CD I mentioned was recorded at the Baked Potato. Nice guys.

Taco John
01-12-2005, 11:33 PM
Anyone here ever heard of a band named Golgo Bordello?

alanm
01-13-2005, 12:09 AM
Picked up Green Days American Idiot. Absolutly a must have. It blows Dookie away!! ***** 5 Stars. Also got the new one from Collective Soul "Youth" It's decent and has a few good son zowie! gs but I've heard better from them. But American Idiot blew me away!!

alkemical
01-13-2005, 11:39 AM
Yep - I was introduced to two of the members of Tool by their manager (a friend of a friend) the same night the CD I mentioned was recorded at the Baked Potato. Nice guys.

On their website (toolband.com) - they always pimp who's going to be where at those clubs. that's why i mentioned it. I saw them in hershey, pa - it was more like an art exhibit than a concert, very cool.

I've not met them, but when i was in seattle i met alot of guys in the music scene.

The best drummer i've ever heard plays for this blues band called 'the ballard shoals' - unreal.

alkemical
01-13-2005, 11:40 AM
Anyone here ever heard of a band named Golgo Bordello?

no

alkemical
01-13-2005, 12:00 PM
from www.nin.com

"with teeth" is finished.

the band is rehearsing. I can't wait to present this music to you on your stereo and in your town.

happy new year

tr

also they state they are releasing tour dates

Nuggets4
01-13-2005, 11:38 PM
OK, a lot of NIN fans here so I should ask this. First of all, I'm not a big NIN fan. I respect them, but don't DIG their stuff. That said, "The Downward Spiral" was voted one of EQ magazines "Top 10 Recordings". Should I spend the extra and get the double CD set or just get the original release? Normally, I'd shy away from the double because if I'm not a die-hard, I wouldn't dig the demos, etc.. That said, I heard it was released in SACD in the double set and that would be worth it to me.

Advice NIN fans?

Pat Bowlen
01-14-2005, 06:48 AM
I've got The Black Keys' new album playing at full volume.

Mile High Shack
01-14-2005, 06:53 AM
from www.nin.com

"with teeth" is finished.

the band is rehearsing. I can't wait to present this music to you on your stereo and in your town.

happy new year

tr

also they state they are releasing tour dates

sweet!! so probably around april or so they will be done mixing it and release it?

Master___Pain
01-14-2005, 01:42 PM
I have been feeling some what nostalgic lately so my car changer has some old stuff in it right now (partly because of Dimebag Darrell getting shot recently)

Pantera Cowboys From Hell
Incubus Morning View
A Tribe Called Quest Low End Theory
GnR Appetite
Jay Z Blueprint 2.1
Common Electric Circus

alkemical
01-14-2005, 01:48 PM
sweet!! so probably around april or so they will be done mixing it and release it?

i dunno, you have to ask the man in charge.

alkemical
01-14-2005, 01:48 PM
I have guru jazzamatazz playing right now, and next up is this guy:

http://www.alokedutta.com/

TheManeMan
01-14-2005, 04:54 PM
http://www.hiphopsite.com/images/ITEMS/planetasia-steadygangmix.jpg

The Steady Gang Mix (Featuring Planet Asia & Strong Arm Steady)

alkemical
01-14-2005, 06:49 PM
LONG BLACK VEIL
(Marijohn Wilkin - Danny Dill)

'59 Cedarwood Publishing

Ten years ago on a cold dark night someone was killed neath the town hall lights

There were few at the scene but they all agreed

That the slayer who ran looked a lot like me

She walks these hills in a long black veil she visits my grave when the night winds wail

Nobody knows nobody sees nobody knows but me

The judge said son what is your alibi

If you were somewhere else then you won't have to die

I spoke not a word though it meant my life

I'd been in the arms of my best friend's wife

Now the scaffold was high and eternity near

She stood in the crowd and shed not a tear

But sometimes at night when the cold wind moans

In a long black veil she cries o'er my bones

She walks these hills...

THE WALL
(Harlan Howard)

'59 Cedarwood Publishing

There's a lot of strange men in cell Block 10 but the strangest of them all

Was a friend of mine who spent his time starin' at the wall starin' at wall

As he looked at the wall so strange and tall you could hear him softly curse

Nobody at all ever climbed that wall but I'm gonna be the first I'm gonna be the first

Well the warden walked by and said son don't try I'd hate to see you fall

For there ain't no doubt they'll carry you out

If you ever touch that wall If you ever touch that wall

Well the years gone by since he made his try but I can still recall

How hard he tried and the way he died

But he never made that wall never made that wall

Well there's never been a man ever shook this can but I know a man who tried

The newspapers called it a jailbreak plan but I know it was suicide I know it was suicide

alkemical
01-14-2005, 06:51 PM
COCAINE BLUES
(T.J. Arnall)

'58 Unichappell Music

Early one mornin' while makin' the rounds

I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down

I went right home and I went to bed I stuck that lovin' 44 beneath my head

Got up next mornin' and I grabbed that gun took a shot of cocaine and away I run

Made a good run but I run too slow they overtook me down in Juarez Mexico

Late in the hot joints takin' the pills in walked the sheriff from Jericho Hill

He said Willy Lee your name is not Jack Brown

You're the dirty heck that shot your woman down

Said yes oh yes my name is Willy Lee if you've got the warrant just aread it to me

Shot her down because she made me sore

I thought I was her daddy but she had five more

When I was arrested I was dressed in black

They put me on a train and they took me back

Had no friend for to go my bail they slapped my dried up carcass in that country jail

Early next mornin' bout a half past nine I spied the sheriff coming down the line

Ah and he coughed as he cleared his throat

He said come on you dirty heck into that district court

Into the courtroom my trial began where I was handled by twelve honest men

Just before the jury started out I saw the little judge commence to look about

In about five minutes in walked the man holding the verdict in his right hand

The verdict read in the first degree I hollered Lowdy Lowdy have a mercy on me

The judge he smiled as he picked up his ben 99 years in the Folsom pen

99 years underneath that ground I can't forget the day I shot that bad bitch down

Come on you've gotta listen unto me lay off that whiskey and let that cocaine be

alkemical
01-14-2005, 06:52 PM
FOLSOM PRISON BLUES
(Johnny Cash)

'56 Hi-Lo Music

Hello I'm Johnny Cash

I hear the train a comin' it's rollin' round the bend

And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when

I'm stuck in Folsom Prison and time keeps draggin' on

But that train keeps a rollin' on down to San Antone

When I was just a baby my mama told me son

Always be a good boy don't ever play with guns

But I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die

When I hear that whistle blowin' I hang my head and I cry

[ guitar ]

I bet there's rich folks eatin' in some fancy dining car

They're probably drinkin' coffee and smokin' big cigars

Well I know I had it comin' I know I can't be free

But those people keep a movin' and that's what tortures me

[ guitar ]

Well if they freed me from this prison if that railroad train was mine

I bet I'd move it on a little farther down the line

Far from Folsom Prison that's where I want to stay

And I'd let that lonesome whistle blow my blues away

FADERPROOF
01-14-2005, 06:52 PM
Atreyu - The curse

This CD kicks so much ass! Not 1 bad song on it and its a great mix of singing with the screaming of metal, just brilliant!

alkemical
01-14-2005, 06:57 PM
Title : Flowers On The Wall
Artist : The Statler Brothers
Album :

I keep hearin' you're concerned about my happiness
But all that thought you're givin' me is conscience I guess
If I was walkin' in your shoes, I wouldn't worry none
While you 'n' your friends are worried about me I'm havin' lots of fun

CHORUS
Countin' flowers on the wall
That don't bother me at all
Playin' solitaire till dawn with a deck of fifty-one
Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo
Now don't tell me I've nothin' to do

Last night I dressed in tails, pretended I was on the town
As long as I can dream it's hard to slow this swinger down
So please don't give a thought to me, I'm really doin' fine
You can always find me here, I'm havin' quite a time

CHORUS

It's good to see you, I must go, I know I look a fright
Anyway my eyes are not accustomed to this light
And my shoes are not accustomed to this hard concrete
So I must go back to my room and make my day complete

CHORUS

Don't tell me I've nothin' to do

Northman
01-14-2005, 07:30 PM
A good friend of mine just gave me a promo of the new Strapping Young Lad album due out in March. great stuff!

Maximus
01-15-2005, 03:01 PM
Jill Scott - Still Jill... Has me wondering how could she have gotten better... Amazing CD!

Nuggets4
01-18-2005, 10:21 AM
The Roots - "The Tipping Point". The last track is pure genius.
Beach Boys - "The Pet Sounds Sessions"
Beck - "Midnight Vultures"
Jay Z - "The Black Album"
Jay Zeezer - "The Black & Blue Album"

Nuggets4
01-20-2005, 10:25 AM
Come on people, this almost fell to page 2.

That said, I'd better get SERIOUS rep for this. I discovered this site and it appears to be legit. I signed up because it has a few CD's I want for the engineering value (Donald Fagen's "The Nightfly" for one), so I guess we'll find out.

http://www.yourmusic.com/

And if this works, I expect SERIOUS repwhoring. :P

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
01-21-2005, 03:52 AM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002NLD.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Simply one of the baddest fusion albums of all time.

Mike Miller - Guitar
Ralph Humphrey - Drums
Jim Lacefield (RIP) - Bass

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
01-21-2005, 03:56 AM

That said, I'd better get SERIOUS rep for this. I discovered this site and it appears to be legit. I signed up because it has a few CD's I want for the engineering value (Donald Fagen's "The Nightfly" for one), so I guess we'll find out.

Yeah buddy!

Donald's a genius.

TheManeMan
01-21-2005, 12:56 PM
Fozzy - All That Remains...

http://www.mundofree.com/malbumsimg/img/fozzy.jpg

Great Album, if any of you guys are fans of Fozzy, PICK IT UP!!...If you havent heard of Fozzy, they have WWE wrestler Chris Jericho as their lead singer, and hard ass riffs...Their previous albums were great too...you gotta love it!!! Here's a link to their website if you wanna browse...

http://www.fozzyrock.com/

Hogan11
01-21-2005, 01:40 PM
RAINY DAY SAINTS
SATURDAY'S HAZE

http://www.gethip.com/covers/gh1116.jpg

BEAUTIFUL & HAUNTING POP-ROCK-PSYCH COMBINING PERFECT POP MELODIES & ROCK JAMS FROM CLEVELAND, OHIO'S VETERAN MULTI-TALENT MUSICIAN DAVE SWANSON: Hasil Adkins begat The Legendary Stardust Cowboy who begat Paul McCartney who begat Emmit Rhodes who in turn begat Todd Rundgren Who eventually begat The Bevis Frond who had nothing to do with Prince or Bob Log.

What does this have to do with the CD in your hands? Well, not a lot except that all those mentioned were or are essentially one man bands. Add to that list, Dave Swanson, who, under the name Rainy Day Saints, has issued his first album. Dave is no stranger to rock & roll having done time in many bands over the years-some you may have heard of (Guided By Voices, Cobra Verde, Death of Samantha, The Reactions) some you may not have (New Salem Witch Hunters, Dementia 13, HNG NXN, Speaker/Cranker). In these bands he has been a drummer or a guitarist or a bassist. On "Saturday's Haze", he is all those things as well as vocalist and the occasional keyboard. Why a one man band and not the real thing? Dave replies, "I don't understand the question, but a wise man once said keep a good head and always carry a light bulb." Puzzled, I move on. It is a record full of melodic minuets surrounded by crashing guitars, bass and drums. Songs, (all written by Dave Swanson), that stick to your mind then to your heart but not on your hands. Dave has been buying records since age 4 and has been playing an instrument since age 5. Blame Micky Dolenz if you must. Get Hip Records has now seen fit give Rainy Day Saints a home.
Enjoy. -Rob Roy Fingerhead

RhymesayersDU
01-21-2005, 01:43 PM
Just downloaded:

The Game - The Documentary

BizzyBone7
01-21-2005, 07:05 PM
Just downloaded:

The Game - The Documentary

u gotta gimme ure opinion. the kid has so much buzz its ridiculous. but i was thinkin of getting that one. anyone who is down with eazy is good with me.

Northman
01-21-2005, 07:09 PM
Fozzy - All That Remains...

http://www.mundofree.com/malbumsimg/img/fozzy.jpg

Great Album, if any of you guys are fans of Fozzy, PICK IT UP!!...If you havent heard of Fozzy, they have WWE wrestler Chris Jericho as their lead singer, and hard ass riffs...Their previous albums were great too...you gotta love it!!! Here's a link to their website if you wanna browse...

http://www.fozzyrock.com/

ive been hearing a real big buzz about this album. i might have to check it out.

alkemical
01-21-2005, 07:16 PM
ive been hearing a real big buzz about this album. i might have to check it out.

isn't fozzy the band that has chris jericho?

Bronx33
01-21-2005, 07:17 PM
Anyway to get some free songs?? from fozzy?

CD playing right now Green Day American Idiot got it from my son (i like it)

Northman
01-21-2005, 07:20 PM
isn't fozzy the band that has chris jericho?

Yea. i heard a song or two a while back and although it was ok it didnt blow my mind. but everywhere i go on the net now there is a serious buzz about their new record.
???

alkemical
01-21-2005, 07:22 PM
Yea. i heard a song or two a while back and although it was ok it didnt blow my mind. but everywhere i go on the net now there is a serious buzz about their new record.
???

genuine buzz or manufactured buzz....?

Northman
01-21-2005, 07:24 PM
genuine buzz or manufactured buzz....?

believe it or not, geniune. im part of a few music message boards and there is a few people on each who are crowing about this thing. lol

alkemical
01-21-2005, 07:53 PM
believe it or not, geniune. im part of a few music message boards and there is a few people on each who are crowing about this thing. lol

ok, i'm skeptical about buzz most times. For instance i do like some of the white stripes stuff, but i noticed their push on spin, rolling stone, etc - so that's why i asked.

RhymesayersDU
01-22-2005, 12:08 AM
u gotta gimme ure opinion. the kid has so much buzz its ridiculous. but i was thinkin of getting that one. anyone who is down with eazy is good with me.

I'm really enjoying it. Some good guests on there, and a lot of good producers. The guy can rap, and most of the beats are hot. If you even remotely like 50/Banks/Young Buck/G-Unit you'll like this CD.

Bronx33
01-22-2005, 09:26 AM
Joyce has me in a trance!

http://porktornado.diaryland.com/albumcover.html

TheManeMan
01-22-2005, 01:31 PM

Yeah dude...The album is awesome, song by song...I recommend it definitely...

Hogan11
01-22-2005, 02:54 PM
Joyce has me in a trance!

http://porktornado.diaryland.com/albumcover.html

That's hilarious Ha!

Kudos on the Blues Explosion sig as well....."WE'RE ALL BLUES EXPLOSION!!!" :thumbs:

Nuggets4
01-25-2005, 11:05 AM
System of a Down's new single "Cigaro" -- http://radio.gamemilitia.com/

You gotta love it when a song's first line is:

"My cock is much bigger than yours. My cock can walk right through the door."

alkemical
01-25-2005, 01:54 PM
I haven't gotten any new music in a bit. I'm playing alot though right now.

TheManeMan
01-25-2005, 02:22 PM
System of a Down's new single "Cigaro" -- http://radio.gamemilitia.com/

You gotta love it when a song's first line is:

"My cock is much bigger than yours. My cock can walk right through the door."

That single is bad ass...I cant wait for their new album to hit the shelves...System's been a great band since they came out, and I especially enjoy the fact that they acknowledge their Armenian heritage any chance they get...Last year on April 24th(89th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide), they played a concert here in LA at the Greek Theatre and the shows proceeds aided organizations urging the United States Congress to follow nations such as France and Canada in recognizing the Armenian genocide, in which an estimated 1.5 million people died at the hands of the Ottoman Empire during World War I. Being Armenian myself, I take great pride in my heritage and I'm glad that since System have been HUGE in the music industry, they still represent...:militia:

RhymesayersDU
01-25-2005, 03:10 PM
Thrown into rotation:

Nas - Street's Disciple
Xzibit - 40 Dayz & 40 Nightz

Nuggets4
01-26-2005, 10:55 PM
http://www.fakebands.com/index.html

BizzyBone7
01-27-2005, 07:49 AM
i just got the game. 15 tracks in im very impressed. wasnt what i expected at all, and i dont really like anything G Unit, but this is a very good cd.

i also got Paul Wall (Houston Rapper) i havent listened to it yet, but hes a pretty good lyricist

Sir Mawn
01-27-2005, 09:46 AM
I just got the 1997 charity concert: Music for Montserrat. I'm usually bored by these types of concerts in which you have all these washed out chumps playing Beatle songs together but this one is extraordinary.

Knopfler plays a stunning version of Brothers in Arms among other highlights.

TheManeMan
01-27-2005, 06:19 PM
My Favorite Band...Bad Religion - Suffer

http://art.towerrecords.com/coverart.asp?S=2962220&X=178&Y=178

Hogan11
01-27-2005, 06:25 PM
My Favorite Band...Bad Religion - Suffer

http://art.towerrecords.com/coverart.asp?S=2962220&X=178&Y=178

80-85 is still my fave era of this band........I remember "Drastic Actions" was a fave song to cover back in the day.

TheManeMan
01-27-2005, 06:33 PM
80-85 is still my fave era of this band........I remember "Drastic Actions" was a fave song to cover back in the day.

Yeah, thats an awesome song...Most every song from 80-85 is the sh!t...My favorites on that album are probably "Yesterday", "We're Only Gonna Die" and "Into The Night"...like I said though, you could pop in the CD and play it song by song, and be jammin' ya know? I basically like all albums by BR up to about the Stranger than Ficition...I've heard their newer albums, they arent bad but, totally arent the same band they used to be...Its funny though, I went to their concert here in LA in November and they didnt play anything new...Like everybody requested older songs, which are 10 times better than what they put out now a day...

Nuggets4
01-27-2005, 07:02 PM

Went to the mailbox today and "The Nightfly" was sitting there. Checked my credit card, only billed $5.99. Seems to be legit.

alkemical
01-27-2005, 07:08 PM
http://www.gemm.com/

RhymesayersDU
01-27-2005, 10:57 PM
Just downloaded:

Scarface - Greatest Hits
DJ Whoo Kid & 50 Cent - G-Unit Radio 10 Mixtape (Before The Massacre 2050)

The mixtape is alright, getting hyped for the new 50. The Scarface CD impressed me, as I had never heard anything by him before.

Hogan11
01-28-2005, 06:22 PM
Yeah, thats an awesome song...Most every song from 80-85 is the sh!t...My favorites on that album are probably "Yesterday", "We're Only Gonna Die" and "Into The Night"...like I said though, you could pop in the CD and play it song by song, and be jammin' ya know? I basically like all albums by BR up to about the Stranger than Ficition...I've heard their newer albums, they arent bad but, totally arent the same band they used to be...Its funny though, I went to their concert here in LA in November and they didnt play anything new...Like everybody requested older songs, which are 10 times better than what they put out now a day...

Yeah, it was always a great song to play when first getting a band together and on the same page...I seem to remember always doing that one, Black Flag's "Six Pack" and Agent Orange's "Bloodstains" amongst others......I really miss that era, it was a lotta fun.

alkemical
01-28-2005, 06:30 PM
Yeah, it was always a great song to play when first getting a band together and on the same page...I seem to remember always doing that one, Black Flag's "Six Pack" and Agent Orange's "Bloodstains" amongst others......I really miss that era, it was a lotta fun.

hogan, check that out man......

all of you who are looking for hard to find music...

do so as well

Hogan11
01-28-2005, 06:55 PM

hogan, check that out man......

all of you who are looking for hard to find music...

do so as well

I'm familiar with GEMM and have delt with them in the past Ames.......the problem was that my experience with them wasn't the best to say the least.

Hopefully, it was an isolated incident.....the selection is great and I don't wanna discourage anyone at all....but beware the vinyl ;D

alkemical
01-28-2005, 06:56 PM
I'm familiar with GEMM and have delt with them in the past Ames.......the problem was that my experience with them wasn't the best to say the least.

Hopefully, it was an isolated incident.....the selection is great and I don't wanna discourage anyone at all....but beware the vinyl ;D

uhm there was this place in seattle, boom street records or something, they are good.

FADERPROOF
01-29-2005, 01:08 PM
Still listening to the Ateyu CD, but I have 2 new bands that I've been into lately: 36 crazyfists and Guilt By Association.

36 crazyfists is some metal from Alaska, not the hard double bass screaming lungs out metal but harder than most rock out there. GBA is some pretty deep metal, and I can't to go see them in March :)

Bronx33
01-30-2005, 06:32 PM
Led Zep BBC sessions...........

Nuggets4
01-30-2005, 06:41 PM
Led Zep BBC sessions...........

GREAT CD!

The Pixies - "Doolittle"
Donald Fagen - "Nightfly"
Liquid Soul - "Make Some Noise" (preparing to see them in concert on Tuesday!)

http://www.liquidsoul.com/images/album_makesomenoise.gif (http://www.liquidsoul.com/music/saltpeanuts.ra)

Hogan11
02-01-2005, 07:45 PM
Been listening to some classic comedy as of late:

Bill Cosby - Revenge "Jr. Barns, You Gunky!!"
Firesign Theatre - Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me The Pliers "High School Madness"

Classics both.

RhymesayersDU
02-01-2005, 10:28 PM
In rotation:

Hush - Roses & Razorblades (Underground Detroit)
50 Cent - Get Rich Or Die Tryin'
Obie Trice - Cheers

Just downloaded:
Tech N9ne - Vintage Tech

Nuggets4
02-02-2005, 12:21 AM
OK, I just got back from the second greatest concert of my life (the first was sitting 3 feet behind Louie Bellison for an entire 2 hour concert....story another time).

LIQUID SOUL AT THE FOX THEATER!

I don't care where you live, find out when they're coming to your area and GO! Absolutely un-f*cking-believable. I can not talk about this enough. Just incredible. I will be smiling for a good week because of this show alone.

And if you haven't, check out "Make Some Noise". If you dig classic funk, if you dig current hip-hop (think more of the Roots than the hardcore crap), if you dig rock, if you dig jazz......YOU WILL DIG LIQUID SOUL!!!!!!

BizzyBone7
02-02-2005, 08:14 AM
in my cycle...Cap.One Through the Eyes of a Don (Chicago Rapper)
Royce da 5'9- MIC Mixtape (i mentioned this one before)
Game
Lil Zane- Young World (make fun of me if u want hip hop fans, but this is a seriously slept on album)

clintonwho
02-02-2005, 07:44 PM
Green Day "American Idiot" and Eminem "Encore"

alkemical
02-02-2005, 07:46 PM
the best of buddy miles

Bronx33
02-02-2005, 07:49 PM
Been listening to some classic comedy as of late:

Bill Cosby - Revenge "Jr. Barns, You Gunky!!"
Firesign Theatre - Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me The Pliers "High School Madness"

Classics both.

(flashback)I remember owning a cosby album showing him riding a go cart i cant remember the name but D@MN it was funny......

MajikMan7
02-02-2005, 07:51 PM
Marilyn Manson: lest we forget the best of
Thousand Foot Krutch: phenomenon
Project 86: songs to burn your bidges by
Falling Up: crashings
Project 86: thruthless heroes

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
02-03-2005, 01:39 AM
Still listening to "Band Overboard" by The Outsidemen (Mike Miller, guitar, Ralph Humphrey, drums, Jim Lacefield, bass) during my daily workout.

You need a miner's helmet with a flashlight to dig the depth of the groove these guys are laying down.

And Mike Miller's guitar playing?

Off the f*cking chain, man!

OrangeShadow
02-03-2005, 05:26 AM
fabolous- street talk
nas- street diciple
game- documentary

Hogan11
02-03-2005, 08:13 AM
(flashback)I remember owning a cosby album showing him riding a go cart i cant remember the name but D@MN it was funny......

I believe it was called Wonderfulness or something like that....I heard it was very good, like most early Cos...really, I only am familiar with Revenge and To Russell, My Brother, Whom I Slept With, both of which are great, great records. I plan on checking out the one you mention and Why Is Their Air? (I think that's the title anyways) in the future.

I would highly recommend Revenge if you can find it....nobody tells kid stories like the early Cos. That CD has aged far better (and continues to be better) than most stand up job CD's around today and the whole family can listen to it.......no mean feat that since when was the last time anyone could say a comedy album was truly funny but 100% clean with a straight face? Cos pulled it off on a regular basis....no one has been able to do it since.

DB-Freak
02-03-2005, 04:58 PM
Im surprised no one has mentioned Dream Theater.

If you wanna talk about prog music and musicianship they are the band.

alkemical
02-03-2005, 05:58 PM
i have a DVD from hudson music with mike portney

DB-Freak
02-03-2005, 06:00 PM
i have a DVD from hudson music with mike portney
You mean with Mike Portnoy?

Bronx33
02-03-2005, 06:21 PM

Have you ever heard of Leviathan ????

alkemical
02-03-2005, 06:30 PM
You mean with Mike Portnoy?

yes - it was a liquid drum theatre disc i believe

Maximus
02-03-2005, 08:01 PM
The Pat Metheny Group - The Way UP
George Clinton - Atomic Dog
Tupac - All Eyez On Me

Maximus
02-03-2005, 08:03 PM
OK, I just got back from the second greatest concert of my life (the first was sitting 3 feet behind Louie Bellison for an entire 2 hour concert....story another time).

LIQUID SOUL AT THE FOX THEATER!

I don't care where you live, find out when they're coming to your area and GO! Absolutely un-f*cking-believable. I can not talk about this enough. Just incredible. I will be smiling for a good week because of this show alone.

And if you haven't, check out "Make Some Noise". If you dig classic funk, if you dig current hip-hop (think more of the Roots than the hardcore crap), if you dig rock, if you dig jazz......YOU WILL DIG LIQUID SOUL!!!!!!
I'm gonna have to take your suggestion on this one... I love Jazz , Funk & The Roots!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
02-04-2005, 12:16 AM

Prog rock is the gateway drug for fusion. ;)

Bronx33
02-04-2005, 08:52 AM
Savoy Brown ...........Hell bound train

Bronx33
02-04-2005, 09:29 AM
http://www.yardbirds.us/pages/1/index.htm

COOL..........

Bronx33
02-04-2005, 12:45 PM
Anybody buy contraband? if so how the he11 do you get pass the stupid duplication BS all i wanted to do was rip it to my fricken media player but it wont.

Thanks in advance

alkemical
02-04-2005, 01:02 PM
Anybody buy contraband? if so how the he11 do you get pass the stupid duplication BS all i wanted to do was rip it to my fricken media player but it wont.

Thanks in advance

Try holding down your left SHIFT key when you insert the CD, this disables the autoplay crap on discs in windows.

Bronx33
02-04-2005, 01:39 PM
Try holding down your left SHIFT key when you insert the CD, this disables the autoplay crap on discs in windows.

On this disk in order to burn tracks you have to go through a key verifcation site kinda like when you buy some new software iam throughly pi_s-sed this is goin above the call of dudy to stop copy write laws, I PAYED MY MONEY! now i cant even listen to it on my player? It lets you listen to it on there site! i just might go get my money back this is supremely lame.

alkemical
02-04-2005, 01:44 PM
There's always a way

Bronx33
02-04-2005, 01:56 PM
I got it figured out.........wow what a pain in the arse! it forces you to copy protect it!

Bronx33
02-04-2005, 02:03 PM
Ok now that that is somewhat done i also bought Kenny Wayne Shepherd (the places your in) very good disk! i also bought greenday (dookie) you know.

alkemical
02-04-2005, 02:05 PM
Yeah i'm moving all my computer apps to linux. I'm tired of playing by MS rules. I even turned my xbox into a tivo....

Nuggets4
02-04-2005, 03:55 PM
Jay-Z - "The Blueprint"
Jay-Z - "Reasonable Doubt"
Johnny Cash - "At Folsum Prison"
Johnny Cash - "American IV"
Bob Dylan - "Highway 61 Revisited"
Run DMC - "King Of Rock"

DB-Freak
02-04-2005, 03:59 PM
Jay-Z - "Reasonable Doubt"

You have similar tastes in music. Very eclectic.

But that album alone shows that you are able to go deep into genres despite your diverse take in music.

Great great stuff.

Amazing album.

Hogan11
02-04-2005, 04:40 PM
Prog rock is the gateway drug for fusion. ;)

The Mahavisnu Orchestra kicked that gate open for me many years ago......

Novices should check out The Inner Mounting Flame or Birds Of Fire for reference.

DB-Freak
02-04-2005, 04:49 PM
Recommend me a great fusion band for novices.

Artists please.

Hogan11
02-04-2005, 04:59 PM

Artists please.

I just did, see the post above yours...check out the write up at AMG:

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&searchlink=MAHAVISNU|ORCHESTRA&uid=MIW020502041953&sql=11:jq6ftr89klkx~T2

Bronx33
02-04-2005, 08:06 PM
Eric Clapton and BB King (riding with the king)

http://www.guitar.com/asfroot/bbking/bbking_clapton_epk_566.asf

Kid A
02-05-2005, 07:36 PM
The Mars Volta- Frances the Mute
It's leaked early. I liked it, but need another listen.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
02-06-2005, 05:48 AM

Artists please.

Here's a good place to start if you're looking for contemporary, state-of-the-art fusion:

http://www.scotthenderson.net/live2.jpg

http://www.scotthenderson.net/

Clips:

http://www.scotthenderson.net/nairobe24.mp3

http://www.scotthenderson.net/jakarta16.mp3

http://www.scotthenderson.net/slidin11.mp3

Scott's solo stuff is on the bluesy side, whereas his band "Tribal Tech" is more jazz/rock/fusion-oriented:

http://www.scotthenderson.net/realpic2.jpg

http://www.scotthenderson.net/illicit2.jpg

Another fusion guitar virtuoso not to miss is Frank Gambale:

http://www.frankgambale.com/pages/home.html

Some other monster contemporary fusion guitarists to check out:

Allan Holdsworth
Michael Landau
Carl Verheyen (First two CDs)
Mike Miller (The Outsidemen)
Steve Lukather (With the band "Los Lobotomys")

Bronx33
02-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Your thoughts?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
02-10-2005, 10:36 PM
Still in continuous play mode:

I've been popping this bad boy in the system, cranking the volume, and putting in 45 minutes or so on the elliptical machine. Good motivational music. :thumbsup:

Bronx33
02-11-2005, 07:33 AM
Still in continuous play mode:

I've been popping this bad boy in the system, cranking the volume, and putting in 45 minutes or so on the elliptical machine. Good motivational music. :thumbsup:

The guy can rip thats for sure! iam going to add this one to my collection today.

Bronx33
02-11-2005, 07:47 AM
A little off the genre but are any of you guys familiar with Dan Tyminski ?? if you like different types of music this guy can flat play the the dobro/banjo/mandoline any solo work or collabrotive work is a must have.

http://www.puremusic.com/tym.html

If you havent noticed i listen to alot of different music (minus rap)

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
02-11-2005, 06:00 PM
The guy can rip thats for sure! iam going to add this one to my collection today.

Yeah buddy!

I may be biased inasmuch as Scott was one of my teachers, but I think he's one of the baddest guitar players on the planet.

The new "Live" disc is sort of bluesy and features the trio Scott performs with most of the time nowadays.

Scott's recordings with the band "Tribal Tech" are more fusion-oriented, and feature more adventurous compositions and more balls-to-the-wall soloing.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
02-11-2005, 06:06 PM
A little off the genre but are any of you guys familiar with Dan Tyminski ?? if you like different types of music this guy can flat play the the dobro/banjo/mandoline any solo work or collabrotive work is a must have.

http://www.puremusic.com/tym.html

If you havent noticed i listen to alot of different music (minus rap)

Cool.

I'll have to check it out. I like to steal musical ideas from all genres. For instance, I'm not much of a C&W fan, but I'd be a fool if I didn't acknowledge that those Nashville guys are killer players. I steal licks from Brent Mason, Albert Lee, et al, at will. My philosophy is that there are only two kinds of music - good and bad.

Bronx33
02-11-2005, 07:26 PM
Cool.

I'll have to check it out. I like to steal musical ideas from all genres. For instance, I'm not much of a C&W fan, but I'd be a fool if I didn't acknowledge that those Nashville guys are killer players. I steal licks from Brent Mason, Albert Lee, et al, at will. My philosophy is that there are only two kinds of music - good and bad.

For instance, I'm not much of a C&W fan,

What about bluegrass? thats what dan mostly plays......

BizzyBone7
02-11-2005, 07:26 PM
i just got Krayzie Bones new CD. Gemini: Good vs. Evil. i thought it was very good, as usual very different from whats hot today but thats what makes all of bone so good. its way to short tho, which is the only complaint i have with it.

Nuggets4
02-12-2005, 08:55 AM
Coheed & Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3
Motley Crue - Red, White & Crue
Garden State Soundtrack
Johnny Cash - American IV: The Man Comes Around

LordHelmchen
02-12-2005, 09:06 AM
Metallica - Live Sh*t: Binge & Purge: Mexico City
Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime (it will never be out of my CD Player for long)
Dimmu Borgir - Death Cult Armaggedon
In Flames - Soundtrack to Your Escape
Death - Human
Entombed - Morning Star
Edge of Sanity - Purgatory Afterglow
Judas Priest - Painkiller
End of Green - Last Night on Earth
Hatesphere - Ballet of the Brute
Ojos de Brujo - Bari

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
02-12-2005, 02:58 PM
What about bluegrass? thats what dan mostly plays......

Hey, if learning some of those bluegrass players' licks will make me a better player, then I'm there! BTW, any guitar player who does a lot of hybrid picking, i.e., pick and fingers technique, can thank Earl Scruggs. :)

RunByDesign
02-12-2005, 04:57 PM
http://www.reggae-reviews.com/prisoner.jpg

Track Listing
1. War and Crime
2. Prisoner
3. False Prophets
4. Remember Me
5. Jah Live
6. Dracula
7. Reggae Strong
8. Don't Cry

Nuggets4
02-12-2005, 05:07 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! LUCKY DUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Bob Marley, but IMO, Dube deserves more press than Marley does. I love Lucky.

Bronx33
02-12-2005, 05:20 PM
Hey, if learning some of those bluegrass players' licks will make me a better player, then I'm there! BTW, any guitar player who does a lot of hybrid picking, i.e., pick and fingers technique, can thank Earl Scruggs. :)

I try to explain that to my 15 year old and he doesnt believe me that it will help him in the long run.........he thinks the casualties/ramones/DK/sex pistols ect are the center of the universe.

RunByDesign
02-12-2005, 06:01 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! LUCKY DUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Bob Marley, but IMO, Dube deserves more press than Marley does. I love Lucky.

It makes me happy to hear another express that they have heard his message. :woowoo:

Bronx33
02-13-2005, 11:19 AM
It makes me happy to hear another express that they have heard his message. :woowoo:

http://www.leopardmannen.no/d/dube.lucky.asp#RASTAS%20NEVER%20DIE/#SAVE%20THE%20CHILDREN

Nuggets4
02-13-2005, 11:44 AM
BTW, everyone watching the Grammy's tonight keep an eye out for two things I have connections to. Well, if the Grammy's return to the "Awards presented earlier include" with the quick scroll that is.

Best Contemporary World Album:

Paco DeLucia - "Costias Buenas" -- I worked on the promotion of this album. INCREDIBLE flamenco guitarist. THis is our only nominee this year. Last year, we had 4, but we kept going against members of the Buena Vista Social Club -- in other words we had no shot.

Also, I believe it's "Best Historical Album", but David Glasser who works at AirShow Mastering here in Boulder (and right next door to my internship) is up for an award on re-mastering a bunch of old historical albums for a box set. He's already won twice, so hopefully he can add a third tonight. Very cool guy.

Bronx33
02-13-2005, 12:07 PM
BTW, everyone watching the Grammy's tonight keep an eye out for two things I have connections to. Well, if the Grammy's return to the "Awards presented earlier include" with the quick scroll that is.

Best Contemporary World Album:

Paco DeLucia - "Costias Buenas" -- I worked on the promotion of this album. INCREDIBLE flamenco guitarist. THis is our only nominee this year. Last year, we had 4, but we kept going against members of the Buena Vista Social Club -- in other words we had no shot.

Also, I believe it's "Best Historical Album", but David Glasser who works at AirShow Mastering here in Boulder (and right next door to my internship) is up for an award on re-mastering a bunch of old historical albums for a box set. He's already won twice, so hopefully he can add a third tonight. Very cool guy.

I expect greenday to clean house............

Nuggets4
02-13-2005, 01:17 PM
Should be interesting to see. Green Day might be hurt by the fact it's so political. I think Kanye West is due for a big night.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
02-13-2005, 03:02 PM
I try to explain that to my 15 year old and he doesnt believe me that it will help him in the long run.........he thinks the casualties/ramones/DK/sex pistols ect are the center of the universe.

Yeah, that's a tough one.

I occasionally run into the same problem with students in his age group.

I don't try to dictate musical tastes to them, but I try to emphasize that, if someday they get serious and decide to pursue music as a career, then stylistic versatility and skills like sight reading, theoretical knowledge, etc., will make them more employable and translate to more $$$.

There are only so many openings for the position of "rock star," and it's good to have a contingency plan for when your 15 minutes are up. ;)

Nuggets4
02-13-2005, 03:05 PM
Try teaching a kid that wants to rock on the drum set how to play a mallet instrument. That's a fun one.

RunByDesign
02-13-2005, 06:42 PM
http://www.musicfreakcentral.com/graphix/cds/sizzlabest1.jpg

1. TRUE
2. BLACK WOMAN & CHILD
3. PRAISE YE JAH
4. EVERY MOVE I MAKE
5. IN THIS TIME
6. FROM LONG TIME
7. MENTAL CHAINS
8. BLESS BLESS
9. DEM A WONDER
10. PROTECT US AND BLESS
11. BABYLON A LISTEN
12. BREAK FREE
13. MOCKRIES & PHRASE
14. BLASPHEME
15. MADE OF
16. JAH BLESSING
17. BABYLON HOMEWORK
18. KINGS THE EARTH 19. ONE WAY
20. CAN'T COOL CAN'T QUENCH
21. WORD OF TRUTH
22. LOVE AMONGST MY BRETHREN
23. GUIDE OVER US
24. HEALING OF THE NATION
25. LOVE IS DEVINE
26. POWER OF THE EARTH
27. BABYLON A USE DEM BRAIN
28. GOOD WAYS
29. REAL
30. OH CHILDREN
31. LIKE MOUNTAIN
32. BABYLON COWBOY
33. BLESS THE YOUTHS
34. HOMELESS
35. GO ROUND THEM

Nuggets4
02-13-2005, 06:56 PM
Damn, just found out that both Paco and David Glasser lost. Oh well.

RunByDesign
02-13-2005, 07:01 PM
http://www.mp3.com/images/cover/200/dre300/e330/e330774rhvi.jpg

Nuggets4
02-13-2005, 08:18 PM
Anyone have a recommendation on Buddy Holly? I really need to learn more about him. I love "Peggy Sue", but that's all I've really heard.

Yes, I know this makes me a bad musical elitist.

kent156
02-14-2005, 07:48 AM
anything by red hot chili peppers ,soundgarden and audioslave right about now

Hogan11
02-14-2005, 01:10 PM
Anyone have a recommendation on Buddy Holly? I really need to learn more about him. I love "Peggy Sue", but that's all I've really heard.

Yes, I know this makes me a bad musical elitist.

First off, there's no such thing as a "bad musical elitist"....I freely admit that when it comes to this stuff, they don't come much more elitist than I....call it a fault or whatever, but I tend to think of it as a virtue.

Now onto your question for Buddy Holly....seek out From The Original Master Tapes not only one of the best sounding Holly "best of's" out there, but the one that delivers almost all of the goods you really need without being a completist. Plus, as an added bonus, I think you can get it on the cheap nowadays, giving it even more of an edge.

Hope that helps.

Northman
02-15-2005, 05:54 PM
Lately its been Leave Eyes ' Lovelorn ' and ' Golem's ' Dreamweaver '.

FADERPROOF
02-15-2005, 06:54 PM
Lately its been Leave Eyes ' Lovelorn ' and ' Golem's ' Dreamweaver '.

Fellow metal friend,

Check out Mudvaynes new CD "Lost and Found." It's not out until April 12th, but they have 2 songs out there and probably can get more if you download them.

They tear it up in this one, Mudvayne kicks ass.

http://www.northstar.k12.ak.us/schools/tan/student/02_03/tiffany/mudvayne.jpg

Northman
02-16-2005, 02:29 AM
Fellow metal friend,

Check out Mudvaynes new CD "Lost and Found." It's not out until April 12th, but they have 2 songs out there and probably can get more if you download them.

They tear it up in this one, Mudvayne kicks ass.

http://www.northstar.k12.ak.us/schools/tan/student/02_03/tiffany/mudvayne.jpg

hmmm, ive never been a big Mudvayne fan but i do think their bassist kicks ass. ill think ill take your word and check it out.
:)

Nuggets4
02-16-2005, 08:26 AM
Elvis Costello - "The Delivery Man"

and because I've got new Elvis.....

Elvis Costello - "My Aim Is True"

broncofan
02-16-2005, 01:11 PM
nine out of ten times i have a burnt cd in my car stereo, which, other than my computer, is really the only place that i listen to music. i do, however, have twista's "kamikaze" playing in there now.

FADERPROOF
02-16-2005, 06:41 PM
hmmm, ive never been a big Mudvayne fan but i do think their bassist kicks ass. ill think ill take your word and check it out.
:)

Rick Martinie(bassist) does tear it up, plays a 6-string bass which is rather uncommon(I believe most are 4 or 5 strings.) Matt McDonough is exceptional on drums as well, which is why I orginally started listening to them.

Personally, I like their ona nd off kind of style, they'll play a full out aggressive song like "Dig", then come back with a overall solid song like "Death Blooms" and then have a slow to fast then back to slow then back to fast song like "Nothing to gein", just a real cool difference in their music.

"Determined" and "Happy?" are the 2 song that are out now, determined is jsut an agressive ass song like Dig was, Happy is more of a "Not Falling", where it's never slow but doesnt really get THAT intense.

Nuggets4
02-16-2005, 09:19 PM
First off, there's no such thing as a "bad musical elitist"....I freely admit that when it comes to this stuff, they don't come much more elitist than I....call it a fault or whatever, but I tend to think of it as a virtue.

Now onto your question for Buddy Holly....seek out From The Original Master Tapes not only one of the best sounding Holly "best of's" out there, but the one that delivers almost all of the goods you really need without being a completist. Plus, as an added bonus, I think you can get it on the cheap nowadays, giving it even more of an edge.

Hope that helps.

Couldn't find From The Original Master Tapes, and I searched all of the stores in town, even the ugly chain ones. So I gave up and grabbed a used copy of Greatest Hits from MCA. It has "Peggy Sue", "That'll Be The Day" and "It's So Easy", so I'm happy.

As for no such thing as bad musical elitist, I really am. I have an elitist attitude, but I also enjoy some real crap. Plus, I've been blessed with an UNCANNY ability to tolerate pop music -- my friend once dared me to sit through an entire "Top 25 Countdown" on the radio once and I did it without flinching. He left after 4 songs. Probably good considering the career I want to go into.

alkemical
02-17-2005, 04:29 AM
Pop isn't bad if it's done well. The beatles were/are pop - INXS (i dig them) -

Hogan11
02-17-2005, 07:40 AM
Couldn't find From The Original Master Tapes, and I searched all of the stores in town, even the ugly chain ones. So I gave up and grabbed a used copy of Greatest Hits from MCA. It has "Peggy Sue", "That'll Be The Day" and "It's So Easy", so I'm happy.

Well, when you're dealing with an artist like Holly (meaning a limited catalog) almost any "Best Of" package will do. You'd have to be a pretty maniacal audiophile to notice the difference in the sound now anyways.

As for no such thing as bad musical elitist, I really am. I have an elitist attitude, but I also enjoy some real crap.

So do I. "Enjoying some real crap" means "Guilty Pleasure" to me. I'm a sucker for Bubblegum Pop of the 60's and 70's and have a ton of it in my collection....you know, stuff like songs from The Banana Splits TV show or songs like Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes..that kinda thing. Yeah, it raises some eyebrows from time to time, but I don't care....I mean, why should I? ???

The hilarious thing about that stuff is that if you listen to it now, most of the backing tracks rock harder than almost any pop music (and some supposed rock) released over the last twenty years or so.

TheManeMan
02-17-2005, 01:54 PM
http://art.towerrecords.com/coverart.asp?S=1240577&X=178&Y=178

No Use For A Name - Leche Con Carne...

Bronx33
02-17-2005, 08:03 PM
Anybody listen to savoy brown? its a must to any collection...........

Bronx33
02-17-2005, 08:05 PM
Pop isn't bad if it's done well. The beatles were/are pop - INXS (i dig them) -

In my day the chicks LOVED INXS..........ahhhhhhhhh the memories! after the gold rush! and 3.2 beer!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
02-18-2005, 01:55 AM
Anybody listen to savoy brown? its a must to any collection...........

Back in the day, I used to listen to "Lookin' In," "Hellbound Train," "Raw Sienna," etc. SB was definitely an example of British blues rock at its finest. :thumbsup:

Nuggets4
02-19-2005, 10:33 AM
John Mayer and Kanye West working together. Watch the video, it's hilarious.

"Daughters, b*tches"

http://www.mtv.com/bands/g/grammys_05/news_feature_021305/index.jhtml

Bronx33
02-19-2005, 11:16 AM
http://www.yardbirds.us/pages/1/index.htm

Bronx33
02-19-2005, 11:26 AM
Excellent tunes to listen to.....

http://www.livinblues.com/jookbox/1.asp

Bronx33
02-19-2005, 04:39 PM
Question........does anybody own Eric clapton/BB king (riding with the king) song number 5? if so does this recording sound a little sh1tty to you expecially on BBs solos? iam probably crazy but i dont have this problem with any other CD or clapton/BB CD.

BizzyBone7
02-19-2005, 05:20 PM
John Mayer and Kanye West working together. Watch the video, it's hilarious.

"Daughters, b*tches"

http://www.mtv.com/bands/g/grammys_05/news_feature_021305/index.jhtml

it was funny...john mayer seems like a down to earth guy. and that song sounds real good, coming from a hip hop fan.

Nuggets4
02-20-2005, 10:11 AM
Wow. From the Band Question #2 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=22376) thread, I said the following:

BTW, smart putting your stuff on CDBaby. I love that site. How I found one of my favorite bands ever (Josh Dodes Band).

Today, I just got a PM from Mr. Josh Dodes himself. Kind of cool.

As for what I'm listening to:

Phil Spector: Back To Mono

and in honor of Josh Dodes now:

Josh Dodes Band: Get Up
Josh Dodes Band: Freak

Bronx33
02-20-2005, 10:49 AM
http://covers.cdbaby.com/d/e/dead50s.jpg

Not bad..........

http://www.dead50s.com/

Northman
02-21-2005, 02:10 PM
Goetia- Hail Satan
Throneaeon- Neither of Gods
Demon Hunter- S/t
Necrophagist- Onset of Putrefaction
Apocalypse: Compilation

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
02-21-2005, 04:06 PM
Download action:

http://www.johnhumphrey.com/mp3s/scott/xanax.mp3

http://www.johnhumphrey.com/images/scott/scott_live_cover.jpg

RhymesayersDU
02-22-2005, 05:03 PM
Just Downloaded:

50 Cent - The Massacre

It's hot.

BizzyBone7
02-22-2005, 05:33 PM
Just Downloaded:

50 Cent - The Massacre

It's hot.

i just heard piggy bank on hot 97. it seems ok, i wanna hear another non-single song before i think about getting it

Hogan11
02-22-2005, 06:03 PM
Jr. Kimbrough - Most Things Haven't Worked Out
The Pietasters - '92-'96
The Stranglers - No More Heroes
Rainy Day Saints - Saturday's Haze
Wedding Present - Take Fountain

FADERPROOF
02-22-2005, 06:57 PM
Godsmack - faceless

Because we're learning I stand alone and I'm getting it down on drums.

Nuggets4
02-22-2005, 09:54 PM
Godsmack - faceless

Because we're learning I stand alone and I'm getting it down on drums.

Decent drum song. I hate everything else about it though. LOL

Nuggets4
02-24-2005, 10:31 AM
WOOOO! Used CD store on the Hill had a sale -- all used CD's $5. Picked up a few.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Blood Sugar Sex Majik"
Remy Shand - "The Way I Feel"
Squirrel Nut Zippers - "Hot"
Original Soundtrack - "Dumb & Dumber"

Other stuff in my playlist:
Sum 41 - "Chuck"
Coheed & Cambria - "In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3"
Public Enemy - "It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back"

Hogan11
02-24-2005, 11:30 AM
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Blood Sugar Sex Majik""

I take a lot of heat for this but I still feel this is the one time the band's sound & vision all came together to create a seemless whole of an album....far and away the best thing in there entire catalog and the one lone album by them I have no problem with recommeding to people.....otherwise, the Peppers are one of the most overrated and inconsistant bands of the last 20 years.

"Squirrel Nut Zippers - "Hot"

I've often wondered about this band since they've toured with ska acts and such...never heard anything beyond "Zoot Suit Riot"....are they the crazy, drunken swing band that song seems to indicate? Do they do some ska as well? Are they another "Big Bad Voodoo Daddy"? I honestly haven't a clue.

"Sum 41 - "Chuck"

Sum 41 ought to be shot on sight.

DB-Freak
02-24-2005, 06:27 PM
I take a lot of heat for this but I still feel this is the one time the band's sound & vision all came together to create a seemless whole of an album....far and away the best thing in there entire catalog and the one lone album by them I have no problem with recommeding to people.....otherwise, the Peppers are one of the most overrated and inconsistant bands of the last 20 years.

"

I've often wondered about this band since they've toured with ska acts and such...never heard anything beyond "Zoot Suit Riot"....are they the crazy, drunken swing band that song seems to indicate? Do they do some ska as well? Are they another "Big Bad Voodoo Daddy"? I honestly haven't a clue.

"

How do you feel about Velvet Underground?

Hogan11
02-24-2005, 06:44 PM
How do you feel about Velvet Underground?

One of the greatest and most influential acts in modern musical history.

Bronx33
02-24-2005, 06:44 PM
STP.............Core

Bronx33
02-24-2005, 06:51 PM
Hogan thanks for turning on to blues explosion! been wearin out damage (just wished the recording was better) tried to get more but ofcourse nobody carries stuff like that on a regular basis, the good news is a ordered all of them and i should have em saturday!

Bronx33
02-24-2005, 06:58 PM
My brother builds single ended tube amplifiers or any configuration you may want if anybody is interested, i have two RCA amps tri oad (Dynaco pre amp) my brother built iam messin with right now hooked to two A5 Altec (sound of the theatre) speakers.

Hogan11
02-24-2005, 07:00 PM
Hogan thanks for turning on to blues explosion! been wearin out damage (just wished the recording was better) tried to get more but ofcourse nobody carries stuff like that on a regular basis, the good news is a ordered all of them and i should have em saturday!

You should've seen them live like DenFan & I did last November....great show.
You'll dig the others, but the recording is about the same or (on some releases) worse.....which is all part of their sound/image anyways, so it's all good.

Somewhere on here there's a pic of Judah Bower with DenFan & I....I think it may be in one of the pics threads.

Bronx33
02-24-2005, 07:22 PM
You should've seen them live like DenFan & I did last November....great show.
You'll dig the others, but the recording is about the same or (on some releases) worse.....which is all part of their sound/image anyways, so it's all good.

Somewhere on here there's a pic of Judah Bower with DenFan & I....I think it may be in one of the pics threads.

Well assuming they they played here in denver and they return i will check them out i love the live shows its the onlt way to judge a band fully......

You'll dig the others, but the recording is about the same

Iam guessing you know what i mean then...

Nuggets4
02-24-2005, 08:27 PM

Wrong group. That's the Cherry Poppin' Daddies. The Squirrel Nut Zippers did the song "Hell". Mainly I dig it because it's a GREAT example of using a room mic to mic all of the vocals in the background. I love that effect.

I don't mind Sum 41. Something about their new single "Pieces" really catches me, and I'm not sure what it is. Besides, once again, they're another group that doesn't take themselves seriously. Something nice in the Scott Stapp era of musicians acting Christ-like.

BizzyBone7
02-25-2005, 07:49 AM
just got Bone Brothers (Bizzy Bone and Layzie Bone) its just like another Bone album but not nearly as good. i recomend it to bone thugs fans but those of u who arent i wouldnt. altho i recomend the song Hip Hop Baby, thats a pretty good song.

Hogan11
02-25-2005, 10:27 AM
Wrong group. That's the Cherry Poppin' Daddies. The Squirrel Nut Zippers did the song "Hell". Mainly I dig it because it's a GREAT example of using a room mic to mic all of the vocals in the background. I love that effect.

I stand corrected....thanks Nuggets, I tend to get those groups confused. I remember "Hell" now that you mention it....I'll pass on it but I know the effect of which you speak and it's cool.

I don't mind Sum 41. Something about their new single "Pieces" really catches me, and I'm not sure what it is. Besides, once again, they're another group that doesn't take themselves seriously. Something nice in the Scott Stapp era of musicians acting Christ-like.

True, but there's a big difference between being unpretentious and being twerps....and them boys are the biggest twerps around now that Blink 182 have deep sixed.

Nuggets4
02-25-2005, 10:30 PM
I stand corrected....thanks Nuggets, I tend to get those groups confused. I remember "Hell" now that you mention it....I'll pass on it but I know the effect of which you speak and it's cool.

The swing movement was...............interesting. As someone that grew up in a jazz household, it was a double edged sword. It was nice hearing my friends listening to the same stuff as me. It just sucked that I was listening to Louie Bellison and they were listening to Brian Setzer.

True, but there's a big difference between being unpretentious and being twerps....and them boys are the biggest twerps around now that Blink 182 have deep sixed.

See, I do'nt mind Blink either. I think it's the fact that they love the Cure so much. It's hard to dislike someone who worships the Cure.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
02-26-2005, 12:07 AM
Weekend playlist at Casa de LABF:

http://www.scotthenderson.net/drhee2.jpg

http://www.unconsciousrecords.com/images/live.gif

http://stores.musictoday.com/store/bands/482/product_medium/FDCD27.jpg

Hogan11
02-26-2005, 06:58 AM
See, I do'nt mind Blink either. I think it's the fact that they love the Cure so much. It's hard to dislike someone who worships the Cure.

Wanna bet? I really didn't care for The Cure at all. As far as Blink 182 goes, blame for the annoying brat-nasal vocal heard almost everywhere in alternative music now can be laid squarely at the feet of Tom Delonge. That's damming enough in these parts.

FADERPROOF
02-26-2005, 08:03 AM
Decent drum song. I hate everything else about it though. LOL

The bass drum on that song is pretty tough, but the cymbal rythym is pretty easy to pick up. Just go along with the guitar and it's pretty fluent.

Nuggets4
02-26-2005, 08:32 AM
Wanna bet? I really didn't care for The Cure at all. As far as Blink 182 goes, blame for the annoying brat-nasal vocal heard almost everywhere in alternative music now can be laid squarely at the feet of Tom Delonge. That's damming enough in these parts.

That's true. Tom has one of the worst voices I've ever heard. I always thought they should have just had Mark do all of the singing. His voice isn't great, but at least it's human.

Hogan11
02-26-2005, 01:03 PM
That's true. Tom has one of the worst voices I've ever heard. I always thought they should have just had Mark do all of the singing. His voice isn't great, but at least it's human.

I agree....it's what makes songs like "Adam's Song" so vastly superior to the rest of the band's catalog. The tragic thing is that Delonge's vocal stylings were picked up by an entire generation of punks as the "norm" vocal instantly rendering vast amounts of quality instrumental backing and lyrics from thousands of bands interchangable and ultimately unlistenable. Delonge's spawn dominates Fuse TV like rap & hip hop dominate MTV2...it's tragic I tell ya!

I can't wait for the revenge of the baritones...that can't come soon enough for me!

TheManeMan
02-26-2005, 01:31 PM
Just Downloaded:

50 Cent - The Massacre

It's hot.

I like song #8 and #16...Cant remember the names of the songs...but, I know they were dope beats...

Bronx33
02-26-2005, 03:52 PM
Jeff beck-there and back
Jeff beck-blow by blow
Jeff beck-wired

got all three today for $21

Bronx33
02-26-2005, 04:10 PM
I agree....it's what makes songs like "Adam's Song" so vastly superior to the rest of the band's catalog. The tragic thing is that Delonge's vocal stylings were picked up by an entire generation of punks as the "norm" vocal instantly rendering vast amounts of quality instrumental backing and lyrics from thousands of bands interchangable and ultimately unlistenable. Delonge's spawn dominates Fuse TV like rap & hip hop dominate MTV2...it's tragic I tell ya!

I can't wait for the revenge of the baritones...that can't come soon enough for me!

http://www.neillins.com/Baritones.JPG

Some day some day...........

Nuggets4
02-26-2005, 05:02 PM

As someone with a major third vocal range (B flat 2 octaves below middle C to D above that), I agree brotha man. Always will love the Crash Test Dummies for that.

Northman
02-26-2005, 05:47 PM
Behemoth- Demigod
Tsjuder- Desert Northern Hell
Oathean- Fading

Bronx33
02-26-2005, 08:11 PM
Beatles-revolver

DB-Freak
02-27-2005, 05:35 PM
Ohio players- Greatest hits.

Love Rollercoaster and Fire have to be the greatest funk songs ever.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
02-28-2005, 02:45 AM
Jeff beck-there and back
Jeff beck-blow by blow
Jeff beck-wired

got all three today for $21

Nice!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
02-28-2005, 04:17 AM
http://www.audiophileimports.com/cds/ll.jpg

http://www.audiophileimports.com/thumbs/larry_carlton_steve_lukather_nsub.jpg

http://www.audiophileimports.com/thumbs/DVDcarlton.jpg

http://www.audiophileimports.com/thumbs/cv_noborders.jpg

http://www.audiophileimports.com/thumbs/allan_holdsworth_sand.jpg

Nuggets4
02-28-2005, 10:45 PM
Rancid - "...And Out Come The Wolves"
Nirvana - "In Utero"
The Roots - "Do You Want More?!!!??!"
Soundgarden - "Superunknown"

and in honor of Carl on Aqua Teen Hunger Force:

Boston - "Boston"

Nuggets4
02-28-2005, 11:40 PM
http://www.hearingdouble.co.uk/ccc/

Some very screwed up stuff on there, but some damn cool stuff too (Combine the Cure and the Beatles, and it's all good baby).

FADERPROOF
03-01-2005, 05:39 AM
Anyone heard Local H's cover of "Toxic" by Britney Spears.

It's interesting to say the least, and I dont feel ashamed of listening to it since it's a rock song now.

alkemical
03-01-2005, 05:46 AM
I heard some guy do a version of hit me baby one more time, acoustic at a bar, and it was a good song....

FADERPROOF
03-01-2005, 06:17 AM
I heard some guy do a version of hit me baby one more time, acoustic at a bar, and it was a good song....

For some reason, I jut love when rock bands cover pop songs like that. We're currently working on a cover of Kelly Clarkson's "Since you've been gone," just for something different to play at the bars(once we start doing that), it makes for an interesting song a very different reaction, even if it is "what the **** are they playing?"

alkemical
03-01-2005, 06:21 AM
For some reason, I jut love when rock bands cover pop songs like that. We're currently working on a cover of Kelly Clarkson's "Since you've been gone," just for something different to play at the bars(once we start doing that), it makes for an interesting song a very different reaction, even if it is "what the **** are they playing?"

Yeah my band and i played yellow brick road, and mr. sandman

FADERPROOF
03-01-2005, 07:50 AM
Yeah my band and i played yellow brick road, and mr. sandman

Nothing tops "Hit me with your best shot" by Pat Benetar, now that is a bar classic to rock out to.

Nuggets4
03-01-2005, 07:55 AM

All right bro, do we need to have an intervention? We're not gonna find you in Kelly's garden one day hiding from security are we? LOL

alkemical
03-01-2005, 07:59 AM
Nothing tops "Hit me with your best shot" by Pat Benetar, now that is a bar classic to rock out to.

When we do covers, we do them our way. I hate doing note for note covers. We may keep a melody or something, but we always add our stamp.

We played the 'hair bear bunch' theme song the other night.....

FADERPROOF
03-01-2005, 08:14 AM
When we do covers, we do them our way. I hate doing note for note covers. We may keep a melody or something, but we always add our stamp.

We played the 'hair bear bunch' theme song the other night.....

Same here, except when we're playing songs that are already hard rock, just finished "I stand alone" by Godsmack and we basically went by the tabs(except for me since I cant read music, I went by ear.)

Thats why I like doing covers of songs hat arent rock, we develop our own sound and make them our own.

FADERPROOF
03-01-2005, 08:16 AM
All right bro, do we need to have an intervention? We're not gonna find you in Kelly's garden one day hiding from security are we? LOL

haha, yes it was my choice to cover that song, great tribute to the woman that I've had a crush on for years now.

She's coming to Cleveland April 9th, might be an early birthday present for me.

alkemical
03-01-2005, 08:18 AM
Same here, except when we're playing songs that are already hard rock, just finished "I stand alone" by Godsmack and we basically went by the tabs(except for me since I cant read music, I went by ear.)

Thats why I like doing covers of songs hat arent rock, we develop our own sound and make them our own.

Tabs are easy to read denfan - just remember, each line and space is a different drum.

FADERPROOF
03-01-2005, 08:24 AM
Tabs are easy to read denfan - just remember, each line and space is a different drum.

Yeah I'm starting to learn now, but never had any lessons or teachings on how to plays drums, I'm self-taught just by watching other drummers perform, so it's taking some getting used to by trying to read music.

alkemical
03-01-2005, 08:27 AM
Yeah I'm starting to learn now, but never had any lessons or teachings on how to plays drums, I'm self-taught just by watching other drummers perform, so it's taking some getting used to by trying to read music.

me too man - self taught for the most part. I also have an unorthodox style about me too (or other drummers i've run into say so) -

reading music isn't hard, get drumming for dummies or something, it's good for learning how to read music and symbols

FADERPROOF
03-01-2005, 08:31 AM
me too man - self taught for the most part. I also have an unorthodox style about me too (or other drummers i've run into say so) -

reading music isn't hard, get drumming for dummies or something, it's good for learning how to read music and symbols

I'm probably a text-book drummer, just because I play like all other drummers I've seen since I've learned how to just by watching them. It shows too because I'm left handed in everything I do, but play drums right-handed, I guess it helps since I'm quick with my left naturally and with all the work I've put in right arm, it's all evened out.

My lead guitarist just printed out 5 pages for me about reading tabs that I've been skimming through, toughest part about drumming for me, for some reason, is grabbing the cymbal after hitting it, not sure what my deal is but it just never sounds right when I grip it instead of letting it ride out.

alkemical
03-01-2005, 08:37 AM
I'm probably a text-book drummer, just because I play like all other drummers I've seen since I've learned how to just by watching them. It shows too because I'm left handed in everything I do, but play drums right-handed, I guess it helps since I'm quick with my left naturally and with all the work I've put in right arm, it's all evened out.

My lead guitarist just printed out 5 pages for me about reading tabs that I've been skimming through, toughest part about drumming for me, for some reason, is grabbing the cymbal after hitting it, not sure what my deal is but it just never sounds right when I grip it instead of letting it ride out.

it gets easier and easier denfan, it's like learning to read.

Nuggets4
03-01-2005, 08:58 AM
haha, yes it was my choice to cover that song, great tribute to the woman that I've had a crush on for years now.

She's coming to Cleveland April 9th, might be an early birthday present for me.

I hope it works out bro. LOL I just found out that Jimmy Eat World is playing in Denver on my birthday, and my two best friends are coming in town that weekend. Sure, I have my last final in college ever the next day, but it's not until 4:30. This might have to happen.

BTW, if you ever want some good advice on music theory/reading music, drop me a PM. I can tell you some of hte best places to look. I know nothing about tabs however.

FADERPROOF
03-01-2005, 09:03 AM
I hope it works out bro. LOL I just found out that Jimmy Eat World is playing in Denver on my birthday, and my two best friends are coming in town that weekend. Sure, I have my last final in college ever the next day, but it's not until 4:30. This might have to happen.

BTW, if you ever want some good advice on music theory/reading music, drop me a PM. I can tell you some of hte best places to look. I know nothing about tabs however.

Last year, the day after my birthday A Perfect Circle was in town, that made my damn year right there! Just worked out so grand, first time going out above the legal age to consume and purchase alcohol was that concert, what a night!

2 reasons to go to the Kelly Clarkson concert, 1.) Kelly Clarkson 2.) imagine how many chicks will be there, I'll be walking into a potential gold mine right there!

Nuggets4
03-01-2005, 09:58 AM
2 reasons to go to the Kelly Clarkson concert, 1.) Kelly Clarkson 2.) imagine how many chicks will be there, I'll be walking into a potential gold mine right there!

Now remember how many of them are gonna be around 14 years old. Unless you're R. Kelly, it's forbidden territory bro.

alkemical
03-01-2005, 10:05 AM
Denfan likes giving golden showers to little girls?

FADERPROOF
03-01-2005, 10:15 AM
Now remember how many of them are gonna be around 14 years old. Unless you're R. Kelly, it's forbidden territory bro.

****, you're right about that. But hey, I'm sure there will be a bunch of 18+ old chicks at the concert as well, and if not well...Kelly Clarkson will still be there!

alkemical
03-01-2005, 10:17 AM
****, you're right about that. But hey, I'm sure there will be a bunch of 18+ old chicks at the concert as well, and if not well...Kelly Clarkson will still be there!

You go to backstreet boys shows too for girls....

FADERPROOF
03-01-2005, 12:27 PM
You go to backstreet boys shows too for girls....

I wouldnt be able to buy tickets for that while keeping my dignity, at least a hot chick will be getting my money if I get tickets to the Kelly Clarkson concert.

alkemical
03-01-2005, 12:32 PM
I wouldnt be able to buy tickets for that while keeping my dignity, at least a hot chick will be getting my money if I get tickets to the Kelly Clarkson concert.

you might as well just go to strip clubs

Kid A
03-01-2005, 06:38 PM
CD's I've listened to recently

Bright Eyes- I'm Wide Awake It's Morning & Digital Ash in a Digital Urn
Kasabian- Kasabian
The Mars Volta- Frances the Mute
The Arcade Fire- Funeral
Led Zeppelin- Led Zeppelin IV

sledgehammer
03-01-2005, 08:31 PM
Here are some of the CDs that I have in my collection.

AC/DC: Back In Black, Live
Aerosmith: Greatest Hits, Big Ones
Alice In Chains: Dirt, Jar Of Flies, Nothing Safe
Guns N' Roses: Appetite For Destruction, Use Your Illusion I and II
Live: Throwing Copper
Megadeth: Countdown To Extinction, Capitol Punishment, Hidden Treasures
Metallica: Everything from 1983-1991
Nirvana: Nevermind, In Utero
Ozzy Osbourne: No More Tears, Ozzman Cometh, Ozzmosis
Pearl Jam: Ten, Versus, Vitalogy
Soundgarden: Badmotorfinger, Superunknown
Stone Temple Pilots: Core

Nuggets4
03-01-2005, 08:46 PM
Bright Eyes- I'm Wide Awake It's Morning & Digital Ash in a Digital Urn

How do you like those? I've been hearing good stuff about them.

Kid A
03-02-2005, 11:31 AM
How do you like those? I've been hearing good stuff about them.

I like them both a lot. If you've listened to and enjoyed any of his previous albums, I would recommend picking at least one of them up. I'm Wide Awake is a more traditional sound. Digital Ash, as the name would imply, has more electronic sounds throughout it. He's a great writer, and that he can release two solid albums at the same time is impressive. Dylan comparisons are premature, but I look forward to seeing more from Bright Eyes.

alkemical
03-02-2005, 11:33 AM
I've heard of stuff about bright eyes, can someone give me a short write up....

Kid A
03-02-2005, 12:00 PM
I've heard of stuff about bright eyes, can someone give me a short write up....

The band Bright Eyes is actually Conor Oberst and various other musicians (different for each album). He has released a couple previous albums, but his latest two have gained him the most attention. There are plenty of samples on the internet if you want to know what he sounds like. Rock with a little country, occasionally some techno/electric inspired sound.

Here's what it says on his website http://www.saddle-creek.com/bands/brighteyes/

alkemical
03-02-2005, 12:12 PM
thanks i'll check it out

Bronx33
03-03-2005, 10:15 PM
STP.............Core. yep again! i like it!

Bronx33
03-04-2005, 06:11 PM
Black sabbath..heaven and h*ll

Hogan11
03-04-2005, 06:46 PM
I'm checking out The Lyres and The Priests live at the end of next month for the first time......pretty excited about it too....anyone else heard of these garage greats?

Nuggets4
03-04-2005, 08:04 PM
Heard OF? Yes.

Heard them? No.

Please fill me in. Stylistically, etc..