PDA

View Full Version : CDs in your player now

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Denver '78
08-18-2004, 02:22 PM
Replying to the initial question, I have Nirvana in, with Modest Mouse, System of a Down and the Beatles ready to play.

Sry if this is out of context, noticed the thread is very long.

Paulie Emm
08-18-2004, 11:01 PM
Replying to the initial question, I have Nirvana in, with Modest Mouse, System of a Down and the Beatles ready to play.

Sry if this is out of context, noticed the thread is very long.

Ben Harper -Diamonds on the Inside
Sublime 40oz's to Freedom
Pink Floyd - Echoes

Hogan11
08-19-2004, 11:21 AM
Paulie! Where ya been Man?

Too bad you couldn't make it out to Denver this year for the Chargers game.

Mr
08-20-2004, 10:20 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/Canucklehead74/milkmen.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/Canucklehead74/PIL.jpg
I ran over my neighbor

Mr
08-22-2004, 08:36 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/Canucklehead74/Dayglo2.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/Canucklehead74/Dayglo1.jpg
Ever heard of "Dayglo Abortions?"

Mr
08-22-2004, 08:38 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/Canucklehead74/Ministry.jpg
New Ministry KICKS ASS!

TheManeMan
08-22-2004, 08:44 PM
Mobb Deep - Amerikaz Nightmare

http://art.towerrecords.com/coverart.asp?S=2947433&X=178&Y=178

dustybottoms
08-22-2004, 08:54 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/Canucklehead74/Dayglo2.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/Canucklehead74/Dayglo1.jpg
Ever heard of "Dayglo Abortions?"

not bad I do like a few Dayglo songs... You guys ever heard of the Dwarves?
good sh$t, I have two albums this one..

and "The Dwarves are Young and Good Looking" couldn't be posted due to some nipples...and a skateboard.

Mr
08-22-2004, 09:43 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/Canucklehead74/Metallica_AFC_CG.jpg
No caption required.... A truly fitting scene.

Mr
08-24-2004, 10:53 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/Canucklehead74/BadReligion1.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/Canucklehead74/BadReligion2.jpg

Bad Religion never caught my attention until I saw them live @ The Commodore Ballroom in Vancouver in 1994, one of the biggest stage presences Ive ever seen in a small venue... Loud, Tight, and Clean.
Good driving music.

TheManeMan
08-25-2004, 01:16 AM
Props Mr...for the BR cd's...Against the Grain has some tunes man...they are my favortie band, hands down...No other group compares to them...IMO...Pennywise actually is right behind them

System of a Down - Steal This Album....

http://art.towerrecords.com/coverart.asp?S=2751547&X=178&Y=178

guybrush77
08-25-2004, 02:22 PM
Allister - Last Stop Suburbia

Hogan11
08-30-2004, 09:25 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/Canucklehead74/milkmen.jpg
I ran over my neighbor

Ahh the Dead Milkmen...I seen them so many times in the 80's & early 90's that they remain to this day the band I've seen the most (although The Pietasters are quickly catching up to them in that dept.). They were some of the funnest and funniest shows I was ever at. My fave had to be when they were on the tour promoting Soul Rotation and played in front of this massive picture of Pat Buchanon....do I really have to tell you the fate of that picture?? Hilarious!

This is a good overview of the output for newbies....I know a lot of fans really cite Big Lizard In My Backyard as the best of the lot, but for my money, I'd rather have Bucky Fellini or Beelzebubba if I had to choose one.....I miss them a lot.

Hogan11
08-30-2004, 09:32 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/Canucklehead74/BadReligion1.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/Canucklehead74/BadReligion2.jpg

Bad Religion never caught my attention until I saw them live @ The Commodore Ballroom in Vancouver in 1994, one of the biggest stage presences Ive ever seen in a small venue... Loud, Tight, and Clean.
Good driving music.

I kinda lost interest in Bad Religion after the early years...I really don't know why that was, it just happened that way.

I really love the song "Drastic Actions" from them...the How Can Hell Be Any Worse? album is above average as well IMO.

PatsWin2002
08-30-2004, 09:46 PM
I have 3 in there now:

1) Sweet - Desolation Boulevard (one of my all time favorites)
2) Boston - Boston
3) Journey - Captured

I guess I was in a 70's mood. :)

Hogan11
09-01-2004, 06:55 AM
http://thm-ar1r2.search.vip.scd.yahoo.com/image/368203587
http://www.thedoors.com/discography/img/album-pics/al_thedoors.jpg

Greil Marcus said when comparing these two records "you can hear an ugly momentum with these records and it's the music's urge to catch up with the people who made it"....listening to these albums now, I more than agree with that assessment. The Doors managed to outrun the spectre for a few years...Joy Divison, on the other hand, did not...their two official releases (Unknown Pleasures(seen above) & Closer) remain some of the most frighteningly intense music ever recorded.

7BuffBronc7
09-01-2004, 12:02 PM
Ever hear of Chevelle (the band, not the car)? New one out 9/21...their last CD, "Wonder What's Next" has been one of my top 5 CD's the past year. Check it out!

Hogan11
09-01-2004, 03:55 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002LGN.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

The most chilling album on the planet, bar none.

TheNextStep
09-01-2004, 10:40 PM
Fresh from the CD burne... errr, store... I'm listening to:

Beastie Boys - To the 5 Boroughs
D12 - D12 World
311 - Greatest Hits
Stevie Ray Vaughan - The Essential Stevie Ray Vaughan And Double Trouble

BroncoInferno
09-01-2004, 11:47 PM
I love that desolate cover of Unknown Pleasures, Hogan. You know, most critics consider Closer Joy Division's masterpiece, but I just love the guitar work and rawness of Unknown Pleasures. I think it's the better record. The opening guitar riff on "Day of the Lords" always creeps me out, but in a good way.

Have you checked out Interpol? Their debut, Turn on the Bright Lights, was an excellent effort in the Joy Division vein. They've got a new record coming out in October, if I'm not mistaken.

Hogan11
09-02-2004, 12:08 AM
I love that desolate cover of Unknown Pleasures, Hogan. You know, most critics consider Closer Joy Division's masterpiece, but I just love the guitar work and rawness of Unknown Pleasures. I think it's the better record. The opening guitar riff on "Day of the Lords" always creeps me out, but in a good way.

Both are greatly enhanced by Hannet's production IMO...which gives off an air of darkness by emphasis being placed upon space in these songs....something these records share with The Doors first album IMO...and echo induced, dusky sound that adds to the atmosphere of the work.

Closer gets the accolades probably because of Curtis' suicide in it's wake.....on Unknown PLeasures you can feel and sense his life spinning out of his control, on Closer you get his total loss of all hope, especially with those final three tracks ("24 Hours", "The Eternal" and "Decades") which is the most frightneing, bone chillingly creepy section of music I've ever heard, made all the more powerful because it turned out to be all too real.

They're both considered two of the grestest recordings ever made...very powerful, very forboding, thrilling without being too ghoulish, definitely not for the weak of heart or spirit.

Have you checked out Interpol? Their debut, Turn on the Bright Lights, was an excellent effort in the Joy Division vein. They've got a new record coming out in October, if I'm not mistaken.

I will investigate it......thanks for the tip!

Hogan11
09-03-2004, 06:36 PM

That's a pretty cool cd, I must say...thank you for alerting me to it. :thumbs:

Are you into The Walkmen at all? They have a new one out that I understand is better than the debut, which was really strange and otherworldly IMO. I checked out the new video for a song called "The Rat" off from it and it's pretty cool.....I'm looking forward to obtaining it.

DONKEYSHOW
09-03-2004, 08:19 PM
Heres what I have in now, but changes weekly.

Queenrychye--Op Mindcrime
Allman Bros- eat a peach
Rush--2112
Disturbed--1st album
Aerosmith--Toys in the Attic
U2--Boy

One for any mood ur in.

DB-Freak
09-03-2004, 09:01 PM
Both are greatly enhanced by Hannet's production IMO...which gives off an air of darkness by emphasis being placed upon space in these songs....something these records share with The Doors first album IMO...and echo induced, dusky sound that adds to the atmosphere of the work.

Closer gets the accolades probably because of Curtis' suicide in it's wake.....on Unknown PLeasures you can feel and sense his life spinning out of his control, on Closer you get his total loss of all hope, especially with those final three tracks ("24 Hours", "The Eternal" and "Decades") which is the most frightneing, bone chillingly creepy section of music I've ever heard, made all the more powerful because it turned out to be all too real.

They're both considered two of the grestest recordings ever made...very powerful, very forboding, thrilling without being too ghoulish, definitely not for the weak of heart or spirit.

I will investigate it......thanks for the tip!

great album that closer is. It kinda took me some time to get used to it cause im not really into....Cant quite define this band. The last song was the best song in my opinion. Very dark and haunting. One knock was that the singer is very monotonous so it kinda gets on my nerve sometimes.

Hogan11
09-03-2004, 11:28 PM
great album that closer is. It kinda took me some time to get used to it cause im not really into....Cant quite define this band. The last song was the best song in my opinion. Very dark and haunting. One knock was that the singer is very monotonous so it kinda gets on my nerve sometimes.

Many have cited Curtis's voice as a weakness, and admittedly it is hard to get used to on first listen, but I think it suits the material perfectly once you get used to it. The song you point out ("Decades") rounds out that album very well, especially after the very creepy "The Eternal". I tend to point people past the single "Love Will Tear Us Apart" and steer them towards "Atmosphere" for closure on this sound and band.....that song is every bit as haunting and heart-wrenching as anything on Closer IMO.

DONKEYSHOW
09-03-2004, 11:35 PM
Many have cited Curtis's voice as a weakness, and admittedly it is hard to get used to on first listen, but I think it suits the material perfectly once you get used to it. The song you point out ("Decades") rounds out that album very well, especially after the very creepy "The Eternal". I tend to point people past the single "Love Will Tear Us Apart" and steer them towards "Atmosphere" for closure on this sound and band.....that song is every bit as haunting and heart-wrenching as anything on Closer IMO.

Hogan,
I havent listened to JD since the mid 80s. Is there really some important music in those old albums? Im just asking because I was always drunk and in a toga when they were playing that stuff.
I had a friend who was so into those guys, but I never really got a chance to digest them.
Worth a trip to Best Buy??(not sarcasm)!

Hogan11
09-04-2004, 12:02 AM
Hogan,
I havent listened to JD since the mid 80s. Is there really some important music in those old albums? Im just asking because I was always drunk and in a toga when they were playing that stuff.
I had a friend who was so into those guys, but I never really got a chance to digest them.
Worth a trip to Best Buy??(not sarcasm)!

Lemme get this straight...they played Joy Division at a toga party?!?!? I bet that brought things to a screeching hault moodwise Ha!

I'd recommend anything in the catalog really...but you may wanna start with the actual releases Unknown Pleasures and Closer first and then use Substance to fill in the loose ends. Still is good as well but has a lot of live material on it and Joy Division, like most new wave/punk bands of the time, didn't translate well when it came to live recordings IMO. (as a sidenote here, I know they've been releasing certain whole live shows recently, but I haven't had the chance to hear them yet, but going by the live material on Still and by the concert video Here Are The Young Men, I'd say stay away from those until the other records get their hooks into you.

Joy Division is definitely worth a trip to best buy or an order from Amazon.

DONKEYSHOW
09-04-2004, 12:32 AM
Lemme get this straight...they played Joy Division at a toga party?!?!? I bet that brought things to a screeching hault moodwise Ha!

I'd recommend anything in the catalog really...but you may wanna start with the actual releases Unknown Pleasures and Closer first and then use Substance to fill in the loose ends. Still is good as well but has a lot of live material on it and Joy Division, like most new wave/punk bands of the time, didn't translate well when it came to live recordings IMO. (as a sidenote here, I know they've been releasing certain whole live shows recently, but I haven't had the chance to hear them yet, but going by the live material on Still and by the concert video Here Are The Young Men, I'd say stay away from those until the other records get their hooks into you.

Thanks,
Im mildly familiar with them, and like what I know of them. I will check them out.

Nick C.
09-04-2004, 12:56 AM
What are some of ure cds u have in ure stereo and car right now....mine are

Home stereo-
Twista- Kamikaze
Makavelli (2pac)- 7 day theory
A mic cd
Murphy Lee- Murphys Law
Graveyard Shift- Still waters
Krayzie Bone- THug on da line
Dead Prez- Get free or die tryin
Jay Z- The black album

Car stereo-
A mix (in the player, rest are what i usually listen to)
Bizzy Bone- The gift
Cap-one- tHeory of life
Cap-one- Through the eyes of a don
DSGB- Til Death do us part (pastor troys group)
Bone thugs n harmony_ Thug world order

Bathroom player-
L Burna- THug by Nature

for me my car stereo is the highest honor, because thats where i lsiten to most of my music. My room stereo i listen to alot but not as much as my car one.

Oh **** found another Head in the crowd I was feeling all alone!

I listen to all of what you have listed for the most part on a regular basis,

right now in my home Changer is Some Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, and The new Talib Kewli "Beutiful People".

I primaraly listen to anything Tupac and love that they have been playing "when we Ride on our enemies" at kick off.

DB-Freak
09-04-2004, 04:59 PM

right now in my home Changer is Some Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, and The new Talib Kewli "Beutiful People".

I primaraly listen to anything Tupac and love that they have been playing "when we Ride on our enemies" at kick off.

hey buddy Ur not alone. Im a huge rap, soul, R&B, Jazz, Blues, Funk. I love Marvin Gaye especially. I think he has one of the best voices ever.

DB-Freak
09-04-2004, 05:10 PM

Hogan seeing that you like Hives Im guessing u are more into classic rock . You like any of metal or more contemporary rock bands?

RhymesayersDU
09-04-2004, 09:47 PM
In my player recently:

213 - The Hard Way
Young Buck - Straight Outta Ca$hville
Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More
Paradime - 11 Steps Down
Notorious BIG - Ready To Die [Remaster]
Twista - Kamikaze

And of course my MP3 mix CD. God bless the man who found a way for me to have a CD with over a hundred songs.

Nick C.
09-05-2004, 12:52 AM
In my player recently:

213 - The Hard Way
Paradime - 11 Steps Down
Twista - Kamikaze

And of course my MP3 mix CD. God bless the man who found a way for me to have a CD with over a hundred songs.
you heard the "Advance" for the 213 CD? I like it a little better has a killer song called "Doller Doller Bill"

TomServo
09-05-2004, 01:12 AM
my bigass 200cd jukebox? changing cd's sucks. from anthrax to zombie. and everything in between from my ex's karen carpenter-voice of an angel- to ministry and flock of seagulls to stacic x.

Hogan11
09-05-2004, 08:55 AM
Hogan seeing that you like Hives Im guessing u are more into classic rock . You like any of metal or more contemporary rock bands?

I grew up steeped in classic rock and pop, it is one of my specialities along with alternative and blues. I also dabble in jazz....I pretty much try to follow everything with the exceptions of country & rap....I have little use for those genres since they've never appealed to me.

As for metal, I really haven't heard anything that has grabbed my attention or has seemed extraordinary to me in years...Every time I hear something like Slipknot or some very weak bullshat like Three Days Grace...it just makes me long for a new Motorhead cd.

I'm curious as to how you think The Hives fit into the classic rock classification though.....why do you feel this way?

DB-Freak
09-05-2004, 09:14 AM
I grew up steeped in classic rock and pop, it is one of my specialities along with alternative and blues. I also dabble in jazz....I pretty much try to follow everything with the exceptions of country & rap....I have little use for those genres since they've never appealed to me.

As for metal, I really haven't heard anything that has grabbed my attention or has seemed extraordinary to me in years...Every time I hear something like Slipknot or some very weak bullshat like Three Days Grace...it just makes me long for a new Motorhead cd.

I'm curious as to how you think The Hives fit into the classic rock classification though.....why do you feel this way?
Well I dont think Hives is exactly classic rock, but i can see the large influence of the classic rock in their style of music and appearance. At least the singer looks that way.

And Three Days Grace and slipknot is not really metal to me although I dont think Slipknot is too shabby. I hate Three Days Grace. I was talking more around the Late 80's and early 90's music such Pantera, NIN, Korn, Rage, Nirvana, Metallica, and etc.

But dont be mistaken tho cause I listen to pretty much every damn kinda music except country.

DB-Freak
09-05-2004, 09:21 AM
ALso in the style of Slayer, Megadeth, DanZig, Iron Maiden, and going old school Ledd Zepplin?

Nick C.
09-05-2004, 09:22 AM
anyone here listen to a goup HED (Pe) there first two albums I really enjoy,

Hogan11
09-05-2004, 09:26 AM
Well I dont think Hives is exactly classic rock, but i can see the large influence of the classic rock in their style of music and appearance. At least the singer looks that way.

His Jagger-like mannerisms bring all that on IMO...I find the stylings of '77 punk more than I do classic rock in them....of course 77 punk is pretty much classic rock now I guess...these classifications always tend to lead into trouble....take this next paragraph for instance:

And Three Days Grace and slipknot is not really metal to me although I dont think Slipknot is too shabby. I hate Three Days Grace. I was talking more around the Late 80's and early 90's music such Pantera, NIN, Korn, Rage, Nirvana, Metallica, and etc..

Now see, I would label NIN as industrial, Nirvava as grunge, etc. So you can see how the meanings and signals can get crossed with this stuff.

But dont be mistaken tho cause I listen to pretty much every damn kinda music except country.

Cool....I collect CD's like baseball cards...such is my mania and passion for sound.

DB-Freak
09-05-2004, 09:33 AM

And Three Days Grace and slipknot is not really metal to me although I dont think Slipknot is too shabby. I hate Three Days Grace. I was talking more around the Late 80's and early 90's music such Pantera, NIN, Korn, Rage, Nirvana, Metallica, and etc.

My bad i should have been clearer. After you said you like all kinds of music I didnt narrow it down to just Metal. I was just talking about music in general metal and rock catergory. My fault if i wasnt clear on you.

Hogan11
09-05-2004, 09:38 AM
ALso in the style of Slayer, Megadeth, DanZig, Iron Maiden, and going old school Ledd Zepplin?

I got very, very tired of Led Zepplin...not dissing it or anything because it is great stuff, but it was pounded into the ground with me when I was in high school (early 80's) and I've never been a fan of Robert Plant and that voice of his anyways. I wouldn't miss them if I never heard them again, let's put it that way.

Danzig I liked much better with The Misfits.

Never been into Mustaine or Maiden.

I do like Slayer for some odd reason, though the early stuff is head & shoulders better over the latter material.

Nick C.
09-05-2004, 09:39 AM
I like music you can not Lable it is usefull for the consumer but hurts the band alot IMO, alot of people formulate an opinion on a genra based on the brake through groups. I think more general terms like "hip Hop","Rock","Metal" are enough.

and to Hogan you have DVD Music? I want to get into a higher Defanition platform and not sure if it is worth it yet?

DB-Freak
09-05-2004, 09:42 AM
I got very, very tired of Led Zepplin...not dissing it or anything because it is great stuff, but it was pounded into the ground with me when I was in high school (early 80's) and I've never been a fan of Robert Plant and that voice of his anyways. I wouldn't miss them if I never heard them again, let's put it that way.

Danzig I liked much better with The Misfits.

Never been into Mustaine or Maiden.

I do like Slayer for some odd reason, though the early stuff is head & shoulders better over the latter material.

Yes many of the bands i have mentioned Im talking about their earlier days.

Speaking of earlier days, Are you a Pre-Black album metallica fan or Black album and beyond fan.

Hogan11
09-05-2004, 09:50 AM
Yes many of the bands i have mentioned Im talking about their earlier days.

Speaking of earlier days, Are you a Pre-Black album metallica fan or Black album and beyond fan.

I'll take pre-Black Metallica....if I have to take any at all. I'm not a fan of them really but I do do a mean Hatfield imitation ("Yeah hah") Ha!

and to Nick...I haven't made the transition to DVD yet..I really haven't investigated it that much to give a quality comment on it...sorry.

DB-Freak
09-05-2004, 10:03 AM
Hmm I guess we dont have much to coincide on then....sigh. O well I was hoping to talk some music, but I guess not.

Hogan11
09-05-2004, 10:16 AM
Hmm I guess we dont have much to coincide on then....sigh. O well I was hoping to talk some music, but I guess not.

I know DenFan and a couple of others on here are huge metal fans, they could talk this with you much better than I could....I'm much more focused on garage and alternative bands and am only passively following the metal scene at the moment.

DB-Freak
09-05-2004, 10:26 AM
I know DenFan and a couple of others on here are huge metal fans, they could talk this with you much better than I could....I'm much more focused on garage and alternative bands and am only passively following the metal scene at the moment.
Garage and Alternative bands........Name some of them?

Hogan11
09-05-2004, 02:19 PM
Garage and Alternative bands........Name some of them?

Well, things like: The Hives, The Strokes, The Walkmen, Interpol (thanks Inferno), Death Cab For Cutie, Franz Ferdinand, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, White Stripes, The Rhinos, Maxeen, Jet, Lolas, The Donnas....bands like that mixed in with my usual ska fix of The Pietasters, Mustard Plug, Voodoo Glow Skulls, Planet Smashers, etc.

Ratboy
09-05-2004, 02:24 PM
Well, things like: The Hives, The Strokes, The Walkmen, Interpol (thanks Inferno), Death Cab For Cutie, Franz Ferdinand, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, White Stripes, The Rhinos, Maxeen, Jet, Lolas, The Donnas....bands like that mixed in with my usual ska fix of The Pietasters, Mustard Plug, Voodoo Glow Skulls, Planet Smashers, etc.

I love Death Cab For Cutie. :charge:

oh and right now im listening to Rilo Kiley - The Execution of all things.

BizzyBone7
09-08-2004, 09:22 PM

they seriously play that song at kickoff...thats crazy, great song tho.

213 - The Hard Way
Paradime - 11 Steps Down
Twista - Kamikaze

i got that young buck one, its better than i thought. hes more lyrical than he puts out...whos that paradime, i never heard of them

BroncoInferno
09-08-2004, 11:07 PM

Man, we are roughly on the same page. Hives, Strokes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, White Stripes, Franz Ferdinand, Death Cab for Cutie (though I generally hate EMO because it's too whiny)...etc...

Here's my latest five in the CD player:

The Flaming Lips: Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
Big Star: #1 Record/Radio City (two classics on 1 disc)
The Smiths: The Queen is Dead
Television: Marquee Moon
Elvis Costello: This Years Model

What do you think of this group, Hogan? I'm asking you specifically because we seem to have similar taste, but any others are free to chime in. :)

Hogan11
09-08-2004, 11:36 PM
Man, we are roughly on the same page. Hives, Strokes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, White Stripes, Franz Ferdinand, Death Cab for Cutie (though I generally hate EMO because it's too whiny)...etc...

Here's my latest five in the CD player:

The Flaming Lips: Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
Big Star: #1 Record/Radio City (two classics on 1 disc)
The Smiths: The Queen is Dead
Television: Marquee Moon
Elvis Costello: This Years Model

What do you think of this group, Hogan? I'm asking you specifically because we seem to have similar taste, but any others are free to chime in. :)

Oh yeah, similar tastes indeed. :thumbs:

Death Cab is my exception to the emo rule I guess....

As for the group you have......Morrisey kinda makes my skin crawl so I give The Smiths a wide berth and I'm not much into the Lips....BUT...

I love the Big Star CD you have (I have the same 2fer release) very solid power pop with Chilton on top of his game in a major way. I could go for quite awhile about those two records...but I'll just say these quick things:

"In The Street" (better known as the theme for That 70's Show) is probably the only cover song that Cheap Trick ever totally botched...I love the Trick but I hate their version of this classic. (Yeah, I know I called it "Thirteen" I caught my mistake)

"Way Out West" is just breath takingly beautiful power pop and the best song on Radio City IMO...even outshining the oft-heardled "September Girls" (which is no mean feat...it's such a great, great song).

I always wanted to play in a band that did stuff like Big Star but never got the oppertunity to do so....Do you have Third/Sister Lovers?? If so, what do you think of that?? I never got the draw of that release really...it pales in the face of the first two, but maybe that's just me.

Television is awsome stuff...Marquee Moon is a deserved classic...so many great songs with great guitar fretwork that isn't just numbingly mindless showboating....whenever Verlaine & Lloyd team up, it's worth the cash. Didja ever get the Live At The Old Wardorf limited edition CD from Rhino? If not, try to search it out on eBay...it's excellent as well.

What can one say about Elvis? Everything the guy touched in his first five years on the scene is essential (well....up to and including Trust anyways) TYM is so solid from top to bottom....I never thought "No Action" got the recognition it deserved....it remains my fave on the album ...the barely controlled chaos in that track (especially the drumming) just does it for me.

BroncoInferno
09-09-2004, 12:04 AM
Oh yeah, similar tastes indeed. :thumbs:

Death Cab is my exception to the emo rule I guess....

As for the group you have......Morrisey kinda makes my skin crawl so I give The Smiths a wide berth and I'm not much into the Lips....BUT...

I love the Big Star CD you have (I have the same 2fer release) very solid power pop with Chilton on top of his game in a major way. I could go for quite awhile about those two records...but I'll just say these quick things:

"Thirteen" (better known as the theme for That 70's Show) is probably the only cover song that Cheap Trick ever totally botched...I love the Trick but I hate their version of this classic.

"Way Out West" is just breath takingly beautiful power pop and the best song on Radio City IMO...even outshining the oft-heardled "September Girls" (which is no mean feat...it's such a great, great song).

I always wanted to play in a band that did stuff like Big Star but never got the oppertunity to do so....Do you have Third/Sister Lovers?? If so, what do you think of that?? I never got the draw of that release really...it pales in the face of the first two, but maybe that's just me.

Television is awsome stuff...Marquee Moon is a deserved classic...so many great songs with great guitar fretwork that isn't just numbingly mindless showboating....whenever Verlaine & Lloyd team up, it's worth the cash. Didja ever get the Live At The Old Wardorf limited edition CD from Rhino? If not, try to search it out on eBay...it's excellent as well.

What can one say about Elvis? Everything the guy touched in his first five years on the scene is essential (well....up to and including Trust anyways) TYM is so solid from top to bottom....I never thought "No Action" got the recognition it deserved....it remains my fave on the album ...the barely controlled chaos in that track (especially the drumming) just does it for me.

I believe you've mistaken "Thirteen" as the "That 70s Show" theme song...it's "In The Street" if I'm not mistaken...at any rate, both songs are classic power pop numbers. My favorite song on #1 Record is "The Ballad of El Goodo", though the afore-mentioned tracks are superb. I believe Radio City is my favorite of those two records. Top to bottom, it's an alternative rock fore-father and masterpiece. "What's Going Ahn" and "You Get What You Deserve" are melodic masterpieces, not to mention the glorious "September Gurls." Third/Sister Lovers is a great record as well. I love "Blue Moon." It just about makes me want to weep, and "Holocaust" always sends chills up my spine. Very haunting song.

My favorite Elvis song on This Years Model is "On The Beat." I just love the energy and the back-up vocals interjecting after each refrain of the chorus. "Lipstick Vogue" gets my feets to tappin' as well.

I love Morrisey, sorry. :) I guess that's where we disagree. I think he sums up the teenage experience brillantly, with great humor and pathos.

Nick C.
09-09-2004, 01:03 AM
they seriously play that song at kickoff...thats crazy, great song tho.

i got that young buck one, its better than i thought. hes more lyrical than he puts out...whos that paradime, i never heard of them

yeah I was amazed they play "when we ride on our enemies" at kick off or so they did for the first preseason game hope they keep it.

I am at a loss about Paradime myself I did not type that someone else did I guess lol.

anyway glad to see an active hip hop fan here. since you are a huge bone fan maybe I could hook you with some Rare unreleased bone songs.

Peace/One

BroncoBuds
09-09-2004, 02:21 AM
http://art.towerrecords.com/coverart.asp?S=3062988&X=178&Y=178

Rock Against Bush Volume 2

Great CD. With plenty of Punk bands of Old and New. Only 8.99 for 28 songs from bands like Bad Religion, Op Ivy, Lagwagon, Foo Fighters, Rancid, No Doubt, and No Use for A Name. I recommend.

BizzyBone7
09-09-2004, 10:09 AM
yeah I was amazed they play "when we ride on our enemies" at kick off or so they did for the first preseason game hope they keep it.

I am at a loss about Paradime myself I did not type that someone else did I guess lol.

anyway glad to see an active hip hop fan here. since you are a huge bone fan maybe I could hook you with some Rare unreleased bone songs.

Peace/One

yea i got alot of songs, but u may have more...if u want my AIM is BizzyBone7sign75

DB-Freak
09-09-2004, 12:55 PM
http://art.towerrecords.com/coverart.asp?S=3062988&X=178&Y=178

Rock Against Bush Volume 2

Great CD. With plenty of Punk bands of Old and New. Only 8.99 for 28 songs from bands like Bad Religion, Op Ivy, Lagwagon, Foo Fighters, Rancid, No Doubt, and No Use for A Name. I recommend.
And I doubt that they even know what they are doing or talking about. I like some of the bands in there, but when bands like that inject politics into their music it just sounds stupid. The rockers do it to sound cool and liberal and im pretty sure they are unaware of what they talking about. Im no fan of Bush but I know its a crappy cd just by looking at the title.

DB-Freak
09-09-2004, 12:56 PM

Peace/One
Wat???? Im a huge hip hop fan too man. Its just that i dont like bone artists as solo artists.

Nick C.
09-09-2004, 01:34 PM
Wat???? Im a huge hip hop fan too man. Its just that i dont like bone artists as solo artists.
well what current hip Hop you felling right now?

As for Bone I am not a huge fan of there solo **** either other then Bizzy, and krayzie comes nice sometimes.they put out a couple Wack CD's IMO as a group but "Thug World Order" is dope, was shocked to see Phil Colins in there Video.

DB-Freak
09-09-2004, 02:00 PM
well what current hip Hop you felling right now?

As for Bone I am not a huge fan of there solo **** either other then Bizzy, and krayzie comes nice sometimes.they put out a couple Wack CD's IMO as a group but "Thug World Order" is dope, was shocked to see Phil Colins in there Video.
That song wiht Phil Collins was absolutely dope. Its called Home. Very thoughtful song unlike many recent hip hop songs. I love Hip Hop but not the direction that they are going in right now.

Hogan11
09-09-2004, 02:39 PM
I believe you've mistaken "Thirteen" as the "That 70s Show" theme song...it's "In The Street" if I'm not mistaken...at any rate, both songs are classic power pop numbers. My favorite song on #1 Record is "The Ballad of El Goodo", though the afore-mentioned tracks are superb. I believe Radio City is my favorite of those two records. Top to bottom, it's an alternative rock fore-father and masterpiece. "What's Going Ahn" and "You Get What You Deserve" are melodic masterpieces, not to mention the glorious "September Gurls." Third/Sister Lovers is a great record as well. I love "Blue Moon." It just about makes me want to weep, and "Holocaust" always sends chills up my spine. Very haunting song..

Yeah, you caught me on that slip up...I corrected it but it must've been during your post. Those first two albums are extremely solid IMO....Third/Sister Lovers is tracky to me...I really can't explain why I feel that way, it just doesn't seem as strong to me in comparison to the other two.

My favorite Elvis song on This Years Model is "On The Beat." I just love the energy and the back-up vocals interjecting after each refrain of the chorus. "Lipstick Vogue" gets my feets to tappin' as well.

Yeah...I love early Costello, very solid stuff...do you have the 2 1/2 Years box set by chance?? It's well worth it for the first three albums and the Live at the El Mocambo live set...which is smokin', to say the least.

I love Morrisey, sorry. :) I guess that's where we disagree. I think he sums up the teenage experience brillantly, with great humor and pathos.

I don't hate the stuff really, I just find him to be kinda creepy is all...I can take it or leave it , but mostly I leave it.

Nick C.
09-09-2004, 03:37 PM
That song wiht Phil Collins was absolutely dope. Its called Home. Very thoughtful song unlike many recent hip hop songs. I love Hip Hop but not the direction that they are going in right now.
same here I hate most modern hip hop I listen to tupac all the damn time and recently been geting into **** hip hop samples like Marvin Gaye.

Tell me some artist you like and maybe I could turn you onto some new one's that are simular.

DB-Freak
09-09-2004, 04:36 PM
same here I hate most modern hip hop I listen to tupac all the damn time and recently been geting into **** hip hop samples like Marvin Gaye.

Tell me some artist you like and maybe I could turn you onto some new one's that are simular.
I dont really like the Artists but the albums and the song. A lot of the Rappers become inconsistent or change in a period of time. Im gonna name Rappers and albums,means i love the album but not the artist anymore. Ice-T with the first four albums, Ice Cube with the first two releases, Do or die by AZ, Illmatic by NAs, Alot of Tupac and BIggie in whole, Cypress hill with first 3 of their albums, Wu-Tang in General, Public Enemy in general, Method mans first album, Redmans First album, Gangstarr in General, Raekwons first album, and etc..... Too many to name right now

BizzyBone7
09-09-2004, 04:51 PM
I dont really like the Artists but the albums and the song. A lot of the Rappers become inconsistent or change in a period of time. Im gonna name Rappers and albums,means i love the album but not the artist anymore. Ice-T with the first four albums, Ice Cube with the first two releases, Do or die by AZ, Illmatic by NAs, Alot of Tupac and BIggie in whole, Cypress hill with first 3 of their albums, Wu-Tang in General, Public Enemy in general, Method mans first album, Redmans First album, Gangstarr in General, Raekwons first album, and etc..... Too many to name right now

if u like AZ u may wanna check out guys like Masta Ace, Common, Kanye West, or someone like Jadakiss or dead prez who are good lyrically. its good u like Pac cuz alotta people get there styles from him. Two good songs from him if u havent heard em already are HellRazor and Pain.

BizzyBone7
09-09-2004, 04:53 PM

bizzys 2nd solo was a very good one and Krayzies 1st was good, but i can see y people dont like em that much.

but im happy bone is gettin some love here. Home wasa great song and that whole album is very slept on. Money Money is a great song off that album and it actually has a nice video for it too.

Nick C.
09-09-2004, 04:55 PM
I agree with you Rap is famous for the Sophmore slump. Seams we have simular Taste actully, was hopeing you would name some people not so mainstream sorta. have you heard Nas "Stillmatic" that Cd is Fire IMO.
how about Ras Kass? I think he is awsome. I like alot of Political **** also like Dead Prez, The Coup, Talib Kweli and unrealeased Kanye West **** also.

Nick C.
09-09-2004, 04:59 PM
bizzys 2nd solo was a very good one and Krayzies 1st was good, but i can see y people dont like em that much.

but im happy bone is gettin some love here. Home wasa great song and that whole album is very slept on. Money Money is a great song off that album and it actually has a nice video for it too.
you heard "Secret Agent man" it is a dope unreleased Bone Song I will check you on AIM.

DB-Freak
09-09-2004, 05:11 PM
I agree with you Rap is famous for the Sophmore slump. Seams we have simular Taste actully, was hopeing you would name some people not so mainstream sorta. have you heard Nas "Stillmatic" that Cd is Fire IMO.
how about Ras Kass? I think he is awsome. I like alot of Political **** also like Dead Prez, The Coup, Talib Kweli and unrealeased Kanye West **** also.
Lot of the albums i named arent mainstream at all althought true rap fans know them really well. They just got recognized as masterpieces and classics as years went by. Actually lot of these didnt sell much like Illmatic comparing to his other albums. I love Talib Kewi and Mos Def. Dead PRez is ok. I love Big L's two albums. GZA's first album. I love Tribe called quest, Jurassic 5, Common, the roots, blackalicious, and so on. Ras Kass is pretty good. I have just previewed the Rassassination album and its decent.

Nick C.
09-09-2004, 05:26 PM
Lot of the albums i named arent mainstream at all althought true rap fans know them really well. They just got recognized as masterpieces and classics as years went by. Actually lot of these didnt sell much like Illmatic comparing to his other albums. I love Talib Kewi and Mos Def. Dead PRez is ok. I love Big L's two albums. GZA's first album. I love Tribe called quest, Jurassic 5, Common, the roots, blackalicious, and so on. Ras Kass is pretty good. I have just previewed the Rassassination album and its decent.
if you like Rassassination you should love his unreleased "Van Gogh" CD I will up it to yousendit.com if you would like? and I guess you are right they are not really mainstream but as a hip hop head they are just common to me.
I am actully more into Westcoast stuff or Dirty Jerzy **** for th emost part. one of my favorite artists is actully Andre "Dre Dog" Nickatina? heard any of his ****? he is dope has a live band do alot of his Beats.

DB-Freak
09-09-2004, 05:27 PM
have you heard Nas "Stillmatic" that Cd is Fire IMO.

No i gave up on NAs long ago and I did hear the song ether and One mic tho. I dont like ether and made you look too much, but i liked One Mic.

Speaking of New york rappers Jay Z's Reasonable Doubt.....One of the best new york rapper album ever produced. O yea I gave up on JAy Z also after listen to his song change cloth. Im not anti commercial at all tho. I do understand Commericial is an important aspect but after the Vol 1,2,3 and Blueprint 2 stunts i couldnt take it anymore.

BizzyBone7
09-09-2004, 08:10 PM

if u like those artists, theres one more i forgot to name. Royce da 5'9. hes known for beefing with D12 and eminem, but hes a lyrical genius and his flow is better than most of who u named. hes basically 60% of what ive been listening to since christmas

BroncoBuds
09-10-2004, 12:04 AM
And I doubt that they even know what they are doing or talking about. I like some of the bands in there, but when bands like that inject politics into their music it just sounds stupid. The rockers do it to sound cool and liberal and im pretty sure they are unaware of what they talking about. Im no fan of Bush but I know its a crappy cd just by looking at the title.

The songs that were put on the Rock Against Bush CD arent songs that bands made to insult President Bush. Infact, the songs that are put on the CD have nothing to do with President Bush. The bands DONT " inject politics into their music." Either way, you should know that you cant judge a book by its cover, and for you to shrug off the CD without listening to it is absurd. But, hey whatever floats your boat.

The main thing I wanted to stress, is that alot of these Punk Bands put together a CD as a collaboration, and they are very cheap compared to other CD's on the market. I much rather pay 9 bucks for a CD that has over 20 Bands and 28 songs, than pay 15 bucks for a CD that has 1 band with 10-15 songs. You know?

DONKEYSHOW
09-10-2004, 12:09 AM
The songs that were put on the Rock Against Bush CD arent songs that bands made to insult President Bush. Infact, the songs that are put on the CD have nothing to do with President Bush. The bands DONT " inject politics into their music." Either way, you should know that you cant judge a book by its cover, and for you to shrug off the CD without listening to it is absurd. But, hey whatever floats your boat.

The main thing I wanted to stress, is that alot of these Punk Bands put together a CD as a collaboration, and they are very cheap compared to other CD's on the market. I much rather pay 9 bucks for a CD that has over 20 Bands and 28 songs, than pay 15 bucks for a CD that has 1 band with 10-15 songs. You know?

Coming from an OLD punk fan from the early 80s. Is punk gonna make a serious comeback, like ever? Long live the Sex Pistols.

BroncoBuds
09-10-2004, 12:18 AM
Coming from an OLD punk fan from the early 80s. Is punk gonna make a serious comeback, like ever? Long live the Sex Pistols.

You know what, honestly, it doesnt matter to me if it "comes back." The music is still put out by bands that I like. I agree its not mainstream as it used to be back when the Pistols, Social D and The Ramones were but, with today's bands selling out for $ its hard for these hardcore Punk bands to stay punk. Ever heard a Blink-182 album before they became sellouts?? They sound nothing like they used to. Its bad. I wanted to say though, with bands like NOFX and Bad Religion still going out on tours, it still feels like Punk makes some kind of noise but, not as many people pay attention to it.

TheManeMan
09-10-2004, 12:38 AM
You know what, honestly, it doesnt matter to me if it "comes back." The music is still put out by bands that I like. I agree its not mainstream as it used to be back when the Pistols, Social D and The Ramones were but, with today's bands selling out for $ its hard for these hardcore Punk bands to stay punk. Ever heard a Blink-182 album before they became sellouts?? They sound nothing like they used to. Its bad. I wanted to say though, with bands like NOFX and Bad Religion still going out on tours, it still feels like Punk makes some kind of noise but, not as many people pay attention to it.

Thats a good post there BroncoBuds...I practically agree with your entire post...Funny how NOFX and BR are the 2 bands that most people mention now as the best punk bands...I would like to say that BR, Pennywise, and NOFX are 1, 2, 3 on my list of all time fav bands...Glad that other Broncos fans listen to the same bands as I...the thing is, is that I dont only listen to Punk...I basically pop that stuff in when I feel like driving fast on the freeways here in LA...and thats not too often...Usually you'll find a Biggie CD, or an Xzibit CD in the dash...also props to whoever mentioned Black Star...(talib and mos def) That 1st CD put them on the map...Black Star keeps shining...:~ohyah!:

DONKEYSHOW
09-10-2004, 12:43 AM

Well said Buds! The stuff is timeless for me. I always have some Social D., Milkmen, etc etc. in the box.

Ratboy
09-10-2004, 06:15 AM
Right now im listening to Taking Back Sunday - Cute without the E

DB-Freak
09-10-2004, 01:31 PM

That sure is a strange ass title then. The producers must have been high while deciding the album name. I guess Im relieved that the music doesnt directly insult politics or talk about something they dont know, but that seriously is a absurd title.

DB-Freak
09-10-2004, 01:44 PM
Broncobud I realized that most of the songs were unreleased so my apologies for assuming. But the title still bugs me out. It sounds very biased and ignorant in a way. Im just sick of listening to singers trying to act like they know that something they dont know. I only know a few bands that actually do a good at mixing politics into music so it just bugged me out when i saw freaking Ocean Avenue and Sugarcult on the commerical of it. Forgive my rashness and irrationality, but still the title bothers me.

DB-Freak
09-10-2004, 01:48 PM
if u like those artists, theres one more i forgot to name. Royce da 5'9. hes known for beefing with D12 and eminem, but hes a lyrical genius and his flow is better than most of who u named. hes basically 60% of what ive been listening to since christmas
I have known Royce about 4 years now thnx to Boom and sry I really dont like Royce. Your boy is pretty good, but inconsistent

Ratboy
09-10-2004, 03:57 PM
I just baught Taking Back Sunday - Where you Want to be.

Decent CD. 7.5 out of 10.

Hogan11
09-10-2004, 07:47 PM
Two upcoming releases I'm looking forward to are:

The Blues Explosion: Damage (from what I've read thus far, it's sounding similar in sound to Plastic Fang, which is kinda unfortunate because that was much too slick production-wise for this band IMO)

R.E.M.: Around The Sun (Can they finally recover from the loss of Bill Berry? "Leaving New York" shows promise..but they must finally leave the horrid orchestration that has marred everything from Out Of Time onward behind in order to recapture the vitality they once had...can they do it?)

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-11-2004, 07:09 AM
CDs in your player now

http://www.scotthenderson.net/realpic2.jpg

REALITY CHECK

Tracks:

STELLA BY STARLIGHT
STELLA BY INFRA-RED HIGH PARTICLE NEUTRON BEAM
NITE CLUB
SPEAK
WORLDS WAITING
SUSIE'S DINGSBUMS
JAKARTA
HOLE IN THE HEAD
FOREIGN AFFAIRS
PREMONITION
REALITY CHECK

Scott Henderson: Guitar
Gary Willis: Bass
Scott Kinsey: Keyboards
Kirk Covington: Drums

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-11-2004, 07:11 AM
http://www.unconsciousrecords.com/images/live.gif
http://www.unconsciousrecords.com/images/star.gif

http://www.unconsciousrecords.com/

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-11-2004, 07:14 AM
http://www.carlverheyen.com/images/garagesale.jpg
http://www.carlverheyen.com/images/slangjustice.jpg

Northman
09-11-2004, 11:44 AM
Lamb of God- Ashes of the Wake
Mastodon- Leviathan

No1BroncoFan
09-13-2004, 08:46 PM
and to Hogan you have DVD Music? I want to get into a higher Defanition platform and not sure if it is worth it yet?
DVD audio is definately not ready for primetime. The technology has been around just as long as DVD video, but has not caught on at any level. There are very few titles available and players are very expensive. Most DVD video players don't even recognize the format. :(

That said, DVD audio is poised to do to CD what CD did to pressed vinyl, if it ever catches on. Up to 192Khz at 24bit instead of the CD standard 41Khz@16 bit will absolutely crush the compitetion.

Part of the trouble is that technology is moving so frickin' fast that as soon as a format becomes "standard" it's obsolete (see blue laser DVD).

Now, to keep the post on topic... ;D
Joe Bonamassa. Very serious blues/rock. The guy's gonna be a legend in time!
Saliva (hard rock) has a new album out which is very good.
I also just recently discovered Tesla put out a new studio album earlier this year titled "Into the Now." Their first effort since "Bust a Nut" back in '95 is also one of their best.

Ben

Ratboy
09-13-2004, 09:26 PM
http://www.sat1.de/imperia/md/images/09_TV_Magazine/blitz/_cds/KW05/CDthursday230104.jpg

Paulie Emm
09-15-2004, 07:47 AM
John Frusciante - Shadows Collide With People

Lots of Pink Floyd influence and I think I heard some Elvis Costello.....good disc :thumbsup:

Hogan11
09-22-2004, 07:54 PM
The Velvet Underground - Live At Max's Kansas City (Expanded)
The Walkmen - Bows + Arrows
The Vibrators - Energize
The Tubes - Now
Talking Heads - The Name Of Ths Band Is Talking Heads (Expanded)

Disco Man
09-22-2004, 08:04 PM
The Cult - Love
Simple Minds - Greatest Hits
Rush - Stages Live Disk 3
Chic - Greatest Hits
Aldo nova - Aldo Nova
Jet - Get Born

BroncoInferno
09-22-2004, 08:31 PM
Neutral Milk Hotel--In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
Bright Eyes--Lifted, or The Story is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground
Radiohead--Live in Florence, Italy 7-9-03 (bootleg)
The Jesus and Mary Chain--Psycocandy
The Libertines--Up the Bracket (anybody heard their new one? this one kicks ass!)
The Magnetic Fields--69 Love Songs Vol. 1

Ratboy
09-22-2004, 08:54 PM
We have a few Death Cab For Cutie Fans..

What's your Fave DCFC Song? all of them are great, but "Movie Script Ending" and "Song for Kelly Huckaby" are probably at the Top. another notable song is Passenger Seat, I love the piano.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-23-2004, 05:29 AM
http://www.scotthenderson.net/illicit2.jpg
http://www.scotthenderson.net/drhee2.jpg

7BuffBronc7
09-23-2004, 04:26 PM
Probably no one knows them, but I'll plug it anyway...the new Chevelle came out 2 days ago, "This Type of Thinking Could Do Us In". I bought it like 15 minutes after it was available, but I'm a huge Chevelle fan. Did NOT disappoint!

Anyone here who likes Tool, Cold, Deftones and bands like that...it's a MUST have.

Northman
09-23-2004, 04:28 PM
Shadows Fall- The War Within
Winds- The Imaginary Direction of Time

alkemical
09-23-2004, 05:07 PM
i've been a huge dandy warhols fan & welcome to the monkey house is still in rotation -

i've got super audio & dvda discs. both are good formats.

Ratboy
09-23-2004, 07:23 PM
Probably no one knows them, but I'll plug it anyway...the new Chevelle came out 2 days ago, "This Type of Thinking Could Do Us In". I bought it like 15 minutes after it was available, but I'm a huge Chevelle fan. Did NOT disappoint!

Anyone here who likes Tool, Cold, Deftones and bands like that...it's a MUST have.

Chevelle has a few good songs, i wouldnt buy the cd though

7BuffBronc7
09-24-2004, 09:35 AM
Chevelle has a few good songs, i wouldnt buy the cd though

That sentence seems to contradict itself. If I like a FEW songs by a band, that's WHY I buy the CD, figuring there must be even more that I would like on it. Besides, most of the time I find that the ones released to radio are seldom the best ones on the CD. That's true of any band, IMO. At least go listen to it track-by-track at a "play it before you buy it" CD store. I'm just telling you, Chevelle is a great band. !Booya!

Hogan11
09-30-2004, 07:57 AM
This thread is like the Neck Pony Nation of the Underground....it is required to be on page 1!

Upcoming releases I'm looking forward to:

The Donnas: Gold Medal Oct. 26th
Blues Explosion: Damage Oct. 3rd
R.E.M.: Around The Sun Oct. 5th (early indications are that it's their best in years...we'll see about that)

Ratboy
09-30-2004, 09:18 AM
I just baught 2 cds

The Used - In Love and Death
Hawthorne Heights - The Silence in Black and White.

Hawthorne Heights CD is good. that song 'Niki FM' and 'Ohio Is For Lovers' are wonderful. good music.

Nick C.
09-30-2004, 11:44 AM
man I have not found any Good new music in like a month I keep getting into the old stuff.

Any Suggestions on some old R&B or Funk that is not to popular?

BizzyBone7
09-30-2004, 03:24 PM
man I have not found any Good new music in like a month I keep getting into the old stuff.

Any Suggestions on some old R&B or Funk that is not to popular?

i dont know of any old r & b but he has that old type of feel. his name is Lyfe, not sure if i mentioned him before. he one five times on apollo including the grand championship. he went on apollo like a week after beingreleased from jail. dude is crazy. he sings about real stuff and has a great voice. i highly recomend this album to anyone.

Nick C.
09-30-2004, 03:25 PM
i dont know of any old r & b but he has that old type of feel. his name is Lyfe, not sure if i mentioned him before. he one five times on apollo including the grand championship. he went on apollo like a week after beingreleased from jail. dude is crazy. he sings about real stuff and has a great voice. i highly recomend this album to anyone.
nice sounds right up my ally! have the album name or a link to any of his tracks?

Nick C.
10-01-2004, 02:14 AM
Been listening to alot of old Micheal Jackson lately

any of you heard this? it is the Demo Version of "Billy Jean" from the Special Edition of "Thriller"
http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3FBF0236108D39F2DC2EEF68F84B6BDA

Mile High Shack
10-01-2004, 08:03 AM
This thread is like the Neck Pony Nation of the Underground....it is required to be on page 1!

Upcoming releases I'm looking forward to:

The Donnas: Gold Medal Oct. 26th
Blues Explosion: Damage Oct. 3rd
R.E.M.: Around The Sun Oct. 5th (early indications are that it's their best in years...we'll see about that)

Hogan..check out VH1.com and they have a free listen to the new REM cd, I'm on track 1 so far

BizzyBone7
10-01-2004, 08:35 PM

agreed...and not cuz i started it...im interested to see what other people are listening to that may not know this exists.

nice sounds right up my ally! have the album name or a link to any of his tracks?

i think his site is 2lyfe.com....im pretty sure u can just listen to the whole cd there. i dont remember the name of the album cuz theres a bunch of numbers in it (his prison number) but its lyfe with a bunch of numbers, that much i do know

Hogan11
10-02-2004, 06:54 AM
Hogan..check out VH1.com and they have a free listen to the new REM cd, I'm on track 1 so far

Disappointing to say the least...I'll probably still get it, being a completist and all...this must be what Dylan fans felt like in the 70's, that's all I can think of when I hear any of this stuff since Berry left.

I never thought I'd say it, but I think it's time they just hung it up before they tarnish the glorious early years any further...21 years after Murmur & 20 after Reckoning and Man, does it show :pity:

Hogan11
10-02-2004, 06:57 AM
agreed...and not cuz i started it...im interested to see what other people are listening to that may not know this exists.

It was a great idea for a thread, you deserve to be commended....rep is on the way. :thumbs:

BroncoInferno
10-03-2004, 02:09 PM
Disappointing to say the least...I'll probably still get it, being a completist and all...this must be what Dylan fans felt like in the 70's, that's all I can think of when I hear any of this stuff since Berry left.

I never thought I'd say it, but I think it's time they just hung it up before they tarnish the glorious early years any further...21 years after Murmur & 20 after Reckoning and Man, does it show :pity:

Hmm...don't know about the Dylan comment regarding the 70s...Blood on the Tracks and Desire are two of his strongest albumns, IMHO, and New Morning is pretty damn good as well. The Dylan of the 80s would probably be a better comparison. The only decent albumn from that decade was Oh Mercy in '89.

Hogan11
10-03-2004, 08:35 PM
Hmm...don't know about the Dylan comment regarding the 70s...Blood on the Tracks and Desire are two of his strongest albumns, IMHO, and New Morning is pretty damn good as well. The Dylan of the 80s would probably be a better comparison. The only decent albumn from that decade was Oh Mercy in '89.

Dylan's 60's output was at an amazingly high level....cracks showed with the horrible "Self-portriat" & "Dylan" releases and after "Desire" he found fundemental Christianity and the bottom abruptly fell out....Dylan was basically worthless from 1977 on save for the one possible comeback teaser that would pop up here and there (of which, "Oh Mercy" is one).......that is what I ment when I stated that.

alkemical
10-03-2004, 09:38 PM
Listen To The Director!!!!

Find The Dandy Warhols & Listen To Them!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-04-2004, 04:28 AM
Dylan's 60's output was at an amazingly high level....cracks showed with the horrible "Self-portriat" & "Dylan" releases and after "Desire" he found fundemental Christianity and the bottom abruptly fell out....Dylan was basically worthless from 1977 on save for the one possible comeback teaser that would pop up here and there (of which, "Oh Mercy" is one).......that is what I ment when I stated that.

I never understood the guy.

Even he's rated solely on the basis of songwriting and lyrical abilities, there are members of his generation who totally smoke him (Joni Mitchell comes to mind.)

Oh well, I guess it's all ultimately a matter of taste.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-04-2004, 04:32 AM
Mr. 335!
http://www.larrycarlton.net/brandnew/graphics/lc_oben_links1.jpg

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-04-2004, 04:41 AM
Cool is forever.
http://www.miles-davis.com/images/KindOfBlue64935cvr250.jpg
http://www.sonymusic.com/images/selection/200/85475cvr.jpg

http://app.sonymusic.com/sme/master/otr/realmediafile/0,0,8168546_0_6040212,00.ram

http://app.sonymusic.com/sme/master/otr/winmediafile/0,0,8168546_0_6069748,00.asx

http://app.sonymusic.com/sme/master/otr/realmediafile/0,0,8168546_0_6033620,00.ram

http://app.sonymusic.com/sme/master/otr/winmediafile/0,0,8168546_0_6186398,00.asx

Hogan11
10-07-2004, 04:22 PM
I never understood the guy.

Even he's rated solely on the basis of songwriting and lyrical abilities, there are members of his generation who totally smoke him (Joni Mitchell comes to mind.)

Oh well, I guess it's all ultimately a matter of taste.

Bob Dylan proves that there's a difference between a great voice and a great rock-n-roll voice...even if his roots are primarily in folk, he illustrates the point beautifully.....in any event, his songwriting/lyrical ability cannot be seriously questioned...neither can his great impact upon pop culture.

Hogan11
10-07-2004, 04:23 PM
Cool is forever.

http://app.sonymusic.com/sme/master/otr/realmediafile/0,0,8168546_0_6040212,00.ram

http://app.sonymusic.com/sme/master/otr/winmediafile/0,0,8168546_0_6069748,00.asx

http://app.sonymusic.com/sme/master/otr/realmediafile/0,0,8168546_0_6033620,00.ram

http://app.sonymusic.com/sme/master/otr/winmediafile/0,0,8168546_0_6186398,00.asx

Miles.....I love Miles...great, great stuff :thumbs:

No1BroncoFan
10-07-2004, 05:36 PM
Man, I've been digging deep into the early stuff of some popular '80s bands just lately. Judas Priest's first three or four albums absolutely rock. Same with the Scorpions. In fact, I'd say the first four Scorpions are the best music they've done, though "Eye II Eye" was decent. Very different, but decent. I've also been listening to the later Iron Maiden albums. I despised everything from "Somewhere In Time" on when I was younger. Now I actually like it better than their early stuff.

Other stuff i've been spinning lately (in no particular order):
Russ Freeman, both solo work and colaborations.
Muddy Waters
Nine Inch Nails, especialy "Broken."
Assorted Hans Zimmer discs...

Ben

Hogan11
10-07-2004, 06:35 PM
I love the early Scorpions albums....after Lovedrive I kinda lost interest in them....but, for me, the quintessential Scorpions release is In Trance...which gets the nod over the band's far and away best live album The Tokyo Tapes just barely....I really like Taken By Force, Fly To The Rainbow and Lovedrive a lot as well....Virgin Killer & Animal Magetism are a bit spotty IMO and of course everyone knows them from Blackout onward. I was never much into the 80's stuff because they tempered the sound in order to obtain success after losing Hendrix influenced guitarist Ulrich Roth..and to me, that resulted in a certain loss of charm for them somehow...they then sounded like everyone else did then....making them much less interesting to me.

I always thought Judas Priest was spotty as well....I have to admit, I wasn't that big of a JP fan...but still have a few releases (about 6)....even still, the only ones I bothered to buy over on CD were Unleashed In The East ...which is a sentimental fave of mine...just hearing the demolition of "Diamonds And Rust" is worth it and British Steel...which I thought was as solid as the band ever got when it came to their recorded output..both are musts for any late 70's/early 80's metal collection IMO.....just my thoughts on it.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-07-2004, 08:37 PM
Bob Dylan proves that there's a difference between a great voice and a great rock-n-roll voice...even if his roots are primarily in folk, he illustrates the point beautifully.....in any event, his songwriting/lyrical ability cannot be seriously questioned...neither can his great impact upon pop culture.

Aside from commercial and pop culture considerations, I suppose Dylan's musical merits are ultimately in the "ear of the beholder," as it were.

His work never did anything for me. Now Joni Mitchell, on the other hand, was/is a singer/songwriter of Dylan's generation who (IMO) wrote better tunes and better lyrics and possessed a highly-developed singing voice (not to mention both an innovative and sophisticated guitar style and fine keyboard skills.)

Hence, Joni ranks much higher on my top 10 list of 60s singer/songwriters.

I guess it's ultimately a matter of personal taste, e.g., one man likes rocky road and the other likes pralines and cream.

B-Love
10-08-2004, 11:37 AM
If anyone asked me to name the quintissential song that represents "Metal" in terms of sound and lyrics, it would be "Rapid Fire" from Judas Priest's British Steel record.

When I was in High School, the Metalheads loved it as well as the jocks. The jocks used to play it during football practice, as well as another cut from the disc, "United" which is a weak anthem IMO. But we used to get warmed up to Judas Priest.

During Rapid Fire, everyone used to raise their arm and fist at 90 degrees and imitate Halford, etc for some laughs. Fun memories.

Rapid Fire

"Pounding the world like a battering ram
Forging the furnace for the final grand slam
Chopping away at the source soon the course will be done
Leaving a trail of destruction thatís second to none

Hammering anvils straining muscle and might
Shattering blows crashing browbeating fright
Fast devastating and desolisating the curse
Blasting the cannons of truth through each man of this earth

Wielding the axe comes the one culmination
Thatís always seemed certain to bring down the curtain on greed

Sifting the good from the bad itís the age for the rage
Of the dogs which must fall to the just and be free

Now grate for the vandals who trampled and sampled
Till this place conditioned brought forth demolition to war

The slipping and sliding corrosive subsiding
That withered and wained till the world seemed all drained fills the bay

Pounding the world like a battering ram
Forging the furnace for the final grand slam
Chopping away at the source soon the course will be done
Leaving a trail of destruction thatís second to none
Second to none"

thedudeabides
10-08-2004, 04:12 PM
any of yall listen to SOUTHERN ROCK?
check out the NORTH MISSISSIPPI ALLSTARS southern blues/rock
www.nmallstars.com (http://www.nmallstars.com)
these guys ROCK.

thedudeabides
10-08-2004, 04:14 PM
also check out the black keys

Hogan11
10-08-2004, 04:56 PM
Aside from commercial and pop culture considerations, I suppose Dylan's musical merits are ultimately in the "ear of the beholder," as it were.

His work never did anything for me. Now Joni Mitchell, on the other hand, was/is a singer/songwriter of Dylan's generation who (IMO) wrote better tunes and better lyrics and possessed a highly-developed singing voice (not to mention both an innovative and sophisticated guitar style and fine keyboard skills.)

Hence, Joni ranks much higher on my top 10 list of 60s singer/songwriters.

I guess it's ultimately a matter of personal taste, e.g., one man likes rocky road and the other likes pralines and cream.

I understand how you feel...and I'm no in anyway demeaning Joni Mitchell's recorded output or abilities....but when you compare her influence to that of Dylan's...well....you know. I know it's a matter of taste...everything is.

Hogan11
10-08-2004, 05:01 PM
If anyone asked me to name the quintissential song that represents "Metal" in terms of sound and lyrics, it would be "Rapid Fire" from Judas Priest's British Steel record.

When I was in High School, the Metalheads loved it as well as the jocks. The jocks used to play it during football practice, as well as another cut from the disc, "United" which is a weak anthem IMO. But we used to get warmed up to Judas Priest.

Judas Priest could always be counted upon for a corny "anthem" like "United"...personally, I would've used "Take On The World" from Hell Bent For Leather instead for what you're talking about....that's cheesy as well, but has a power that puts it across way better than most IMO.

Hogan11
10-08-2004, 05:09 PM
any of yall listen to SOUTHERN ROCK?
check out the NORTH MISSISSIPPI ALLSTARS southern blues/rock
www.nmallstars.com (http://www.nmallstars.com)
these guys ROCK.

That's cool stuff....I'm a huge fan of the Mississippi Hill country stuff......Burnside & Kimbrough especially....but I can't handle Burnside trying to mix his brand of blues in with hip hop...it's an insane idea that reeks of a cash grab and it just plain doesn't work....that's why, as great as R.L. is, everything that isn't acoustic recorded after Mr. Wizard is unfortunately spotty.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-08-2004, 05:27 PM
I understand how you feel...and I'm no in anyway demeaning Joni Mitchell's recorded output or abilities....but when you compare her influence to that of Dylan's...well....you know. I know it's a matter of taste...everything is.

I certainly wouldn't make the claim that JM has influenced popular culture to the same extent as BD. Joni's music has usually transcended the culture, as David Crosby put it.

Hogan11
10-08-2004, 06:40 PM
Green Day giving a very strong performance of the new disc on "Sessions @ AOL" on Fuse right now.......thus far, it's great.

alkemical
10-08-2004, 06:53 PM
dandy warhols

Hogan11
10-08-2004, 06:56 PM
dandy warhols

A decent band...but GreenDay is just kicking ass on Fuse right now....their new material is incredibly strong.....I must get this CD ASAP.

alkemical
10-08-2004, 07:04 PM
i saw the dandies @ bumpershoot...

ive been listening to them for a few yrs.... each album gets mucho better....

gd is ok.. i just tuned them out after "the time of your life"

DB-Freak
10-08-2004, 08:01 PM
A decent band...but GreenDay is just kicking ass on Fuse right now....their new material is incredibly strong.....I must get this CD ASAP.
You should get it. ITs a really different album from their previous albums. Some long compositions too. Good album.

BroncoInferno
10-08-2004, 10:14 PM

No doubt, Dylan's fundamentalist Christian phase was at best bizarre and at worst bad material. What do you think of Dylan's last two albumns, his renaissance albumns IMHO? I think Time Out of Mind is one of his grandest achievements, right up in the same stratosphere with Blonde on Blone and Blood on the Tracks. Songs like "Not Dark Yet" and "Tryin' to Get to Heaven (this may not be the right title but I think you'll know which song I mean)" are beautiful documents on aging and dying. I absolutely love that albumn. Love and Theft isn't as brilliant, but is very charming and definately deserves a place among the second tier of his albumns. Your opinion?

Hogan11
10-09-2004, 07:26 AM
I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't heard his last couple of releases....but I am aware of the stellar reviews they garnered...I'll get to them eventually.

Hogan11
10-12-2004, 09:06 PM
Forget this Eminem garbage.......you really need to pick up The Blues Explosion's Damaged........That is what the real deal is all about....:thumbs:

Looking forward to catching them in Cleveland with you next month DenFan...Jon Spencer is God!!!!!

Hogan11
10-16-2004, 01:04 AM
Any thought's on these?

Brian Wilson's Smile

The Clash's London Calling rereleased w/ The Vanilla Tapes and the Westway videos..

Nick C.
10-16-2004, 01:06 AM
Any thought's on these?

Brian Wilson's Smile

Sick of hearing about it! lol

is it really a Masterpiece?

Hogan11
10-16-2004, 01:11 AM
Sick of hearing about it! lol

is it really a Masterpiece?

I don't know....cash is short at the moment and Nonesuch doesn't send me advanced copies of anything....the hype is huge...whether or not it supasses Pet Sounds or Sgt. Pepper's as some claim, remains to be seen IMO.

It drove Wilson nuts, so it has to be at least interesting....just looking for opinions from those who have heard it.

Nick C.
10-16-2004, 01:17 AM
I don't know....cash is short at the moment and Nonesuch doesn't send me advanced copies of anything....the hype is huge...whether or not it supasses Pet Sounds or Sgt. Pepper's as some claim, remains to be seen IMO.

It drove Wilson nuts, so it has to be at least interesting....just looking for opinions from those who have heard it.

has to be somewhere to download it.

you get promo copys from some companys?

I will try and find a link for you tommrow

Hogan11
10-16-2004, 01:34 AM
has to be somewhere to download it.

you get promo copys from some companys?

I will try and find a link for you tommrow

From some of the smaller ones....thanks for the links, but I usually don't go the downloading route....

Nick C.
10-16-2004, 01:41 AM
From some of the smaller ones....thanks for the links, but I usually don't go the downloading route....

I download alot :( but I buy the **** that I think is kick anus or suport more unknown acts.

why do you get promo copys?

Hogan11
10-16-2004, 01:48 AM
I download alot :( but I buy the **** that I think is kick anus or suport more unknown acts.

why do you get promo copys?

As a collector, downloading doesn't do much for the collection.

As for the promos...get into radio or get something published, then they come to you.

Nick C.
10-16-2004, 01:51 AM
As a collector, downloading doesn't do much for the collection.

As for the promos...get into radio or get something published, then they come to you.
hmmm I may make it a goal to get some hip hop promos.

yeah I used to spend all my money on CD's and have a nice collection but as my favorite genra of music (hip hop) has gotten pretty stale I only buy 5-10 CD's a year and Download 50+ and cut them down to the songs I care for.

Nick C.
10-17-2004, 02:23 AM
This right here is the Joint. Mos Def "The New Danger" this CD is simular to Andre 3000's "The Love Below" not typical Hip Hop Mos Def does his fair share of singing on the CD and the Production has lots of Rock type Guitar.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00030EEO0.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00030EEO0/002-8689998-6533626?v=glance

Nick C.
10-17-2004, 03:46 AM
Hogan maybe you can help me and tell me what this samples?

http://s3.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=D8939BA20E826805B75AD2771FD41A35

FADERPROOF
10-17-2004, 04:56 PM
In Flames "soundtrack to your escape"

Swedish metal band, I've become a big fan of European metal.

Hogan11
10-23-2004, 06:57 PM
As of 10/23/04:

Blues Explosion - Damage
Blues Explosion - Plastic Fang
The Pretty Things - Get The Picture
R.E.M. - Around The Sun
Pink Floyd - More

Rock Chalk
10-23-2004, 07:58 PM
I have a Sublime mix, Jimmy Buffet mix, ecclectic rock mix from the 70s and 80s, best of motown, the rogues of scotland bagpipes live and I had korn's new CD but took it out for some reason and never put it back in.

Ratboy
10-23-2004, 10:37 PM
I have Hawthorne Heights CD in. They are from dayton, ohio. great band.

Its on song 'Ohio is for lover'

This is one of my favorite bands.

Hogan11
10-23-2004, 11:08 PM
I have a Sublime mix, Jimmy Buffet mix, ecclectic rock mix from the 70s and 80s, best of motown, the rogues of scotland bagpipes live and I had korn's new CD but took it out for some reason and never put it back in.

Sublime? Alec, I thought you didn't care for that neo-ska stuff...

TheManeMan
10-24-2004, 12:53 AM
This right here is the Joint. Mos Def "The New Danger" this CD is simular to Andre 3000's "The Love Below" not typical Hip Hop Mos Def does his fair share of singing on the CD and the Production has lots of Rock type Guitar.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00030EEO0.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00030EEO0/002-8689998-6533626?v=glance

I had that in my CD player a few days ago...It's pretty good but, honestly I was hoping for better work outta him...Mos has some dope rhymes though...I like track 5 the most...

DONKEYSHOW
10-24-2004, 12:58 AM
I got kids so I have Spongebob in my damn player now!!

DB-Freak
10-24-2004, 01:18 AM
All of KRS-ONE's CDs.

And Boogie Production.

No1BroncoFan
10-24-2004, 03:07 AM
Just picked up a copy of "Nouveau Flamenco" from Ottmar Liebert today and it'll be getting some serious spin time. For those of you who are familliar with Jesse Cook, you'll probably also like this guy.

Ben

Pezman
10-24-2004, 03:11 AM
I saw Ottmar in concert in Boulder's Chataqua Theater a few years ago... he was pretty good. I kinda dig that flamenco guitar... pretty good stuff...

Rock Chalk
10-24-2004, 10:28 AM
Sublime? Alec, I thought you didn't care for that neo-ska stuff...

I dont, but then I never really conisdered Sublime neo-ska or any ska. More like carribbean/reggae/buffett music. I dont like the punk ska, like Goldfinger. Bleh. Punk sucks worse than rap and rap is truly a crappy form of noise.

Nuggets4
10-24-2004, 12:09 PM
Just picked up a copy of "Nouveau Flamenco" from Ottmar Liebert today and it'll be getting some serious spin time. For those of you who are familliar with Jesse Cook, you'll probably also like this guy.

Ben

If you like Liebert, check out Paco de Lucia's album "Cositas Buenas". I was blessed with doing promotions for that album. It's incredible. He came to the Boulder Theatre to perform as well and it was like a rock concert. Just pure energy.

Late to the game, but in my cd player right now (really in high rotation on my iPod, but same thing as I BUY ALL CD'S!):

* Jimmy Eat World - "Futures"
* The Beatles - "Revolver"
* The Beatles - "Magical Mystery Tour"
* Usher - "Confessions"
* William Shatner - "Has Been"
* Miles Davis - "The Complete 1964 Concert - 'Four & More' and 'My Funny Valentine'"

Any thought's on these?

Brian Wilson's Smile

Get it, get it, get it NOW! Writing wise, I'd put it above "Pet Sounds". I know that's almost blasphemy to some people, but it's REALLY good. Brian doesn't have the vocals anymore though. His backing band is pretty damn good however. 4.5 stars out of 5 IMO. God, this is another one I've been listening to a lot lately.

No1BroncoFan
10-24-2004, 02:12 PM
If you like Liebert, check out Paco de Lucia's album "Cositas Buenas". I was blessed with doing promotions for that album. It's incredible. He came to the Boulder Theatre to perform as well and it was like a rock concert. Just pure energy.

Oh yeah. I'm quite familliar with Paco de Lucia. "Friday Night in San Francisco" (1981) with Al Di Meola and John McLaughlin is one of my all time favorite discs. I wasn't aware he has a new disc out though. I'll definately have to check it out.

Ben

Play2win
10-24-2004, 07:20 PM
Cool is forever.

Miles is cool and all, but I am much more of a Dizzy Gilespie, Coltrane and Charlie Parker fan. The Bird is freakin' unbelievable, Dizzie can play anything, in any style and brought the cuban beat to Jazz, and Coltrane, is, well, Coltrane. There is some absolute great stuff between those three.

Play2win
10-24-2004, 07:40 PM
i saw the dandies @ bumpershoot...

ive been listening to them for a few yrs.... each album gets mucho better....

gd is ok.. i just tuned them out after "the time of your life"
Hey, ames, is that bumbershoot in Seattle, Wa?
I've gone to a few of those over at the Seattle Center. What a great time. Great BEER TENTS!!! I saw Jethrol Tull, Steel Pulse, Pearl Jam, Peter Green (of old-school Fleetwood Mac)- All at bumbershoot.

A bumbershoot, BTW, is an Umbrella.

Nuggets4
10-24-2004, 07:49 PM
Oh yeah. I'm quite familliar with Paco de Lucia. "Friday Night in San Francisco" (1981) with Al Di Meola and John McLaughlin is one of my all time favorite discs. I wasn't aware he has a new disc out though. I'll definately have to check it out.

Ben

You should enjoy it. I think we got it to #1 on the CMJ-World chart without much effort. I love those albums, they promote themselves.

DB-Freak
10-25-2004, 05:23 PM
Jesus I got a serious craving for AC/DC and Im missing all of their CD's right now!!!!

SOmeone help me!!!

Maximus
10-26-2004, 07:30 PM
The best of John Coltrane

FADERPROOF
10-26-2004, 07:43 PM
Not many metal fans here I take it?

alkemical
10-26-2004, 07:53 PM
Hey, ames, is that bumbershoot in Seattle, Wa?
I've gone to a few of those over at the Seattle Center. What a great time. Great BEER TENTS!!! I saw Jethrol Tull, Steel Pulse, Pearl Jam, Peter Green (of old-school Fleetwood Mac)- All at bumbershoot.

A bumbershoot, BTW, is an Umbrella.

yep that's the one!

alkemical
10-26-2004, 07:59 PM
i was listening to peace sells today

Play2win
10-26-2004, 08:01 PM
yep that's the one!
Good times, good times!

Hogan11
10-27-2004, 04:18 PM
I dont, but then I never really conisdered Sublime neo-ska or any ska. More like carribbean/reggae/buffett music.

Ska is carribbean/reggae music.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-27-2004, 05:22 PM
I'll play

Mighty Mighty Bosstones - "Devil's Night Out"
Jason Mraz - Live at Schuba's Tavern 2003
Wu-Tang Clan -"Wu-Tang Forever" Disc 1
De La Soul - "3 Feet High and Rising"
APC - "Motive"

and in the CD player next to the bed, for the ladies...Miles Davis "Kind of Blue", which I've seen has been mentioned here a few times already.

Ratboy
10-27-2004, 09:54 PM
Just baught 2 new cd's

Action Action - Dont cut your fabric to this years fashion

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0002MQ7J4.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

and

Straylight Run [Self Titled]

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0002VYQCU.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Straylight Run's CD is one of the best i've heard, i love the piano, and what they do with it is nice. i love the cd and was glad i baught it.

Action Action, It's kinda Different, but i like the CD. im also happy with it.

Hogan11
10-28-2004, 08:50 AM
Get it, get it, get it NOW! Writing wise, I'd put it above "Pet Sounds". I know that's almost blasphemy to some people, but it's REALLY good. Brian doesn't have the vocals anymore though. His backing band is pretty damn good however. 4.5 stars out of 5 IMO. God, this is another one I've been listening to a lot lately.

Thanks for the info...this is about what I've heard concerning this release...I'm looking forward to hearing it.

FADERPROOF
10-28-2004, 03:18 PM
"How many emo fans does it take to change a light bulb?"

"None, they'd rather sit in the dark and cry"

Hogan11
10-28-2004, 03:35 PM

:spit:

Ratboy
10-29-2004, 11:49 PM

4321~ Ha!

Bronx33
10-30-2004, 08:03 PM
Savoy Brown-street corner talking
Savoy Brown-hellbound train
Black Sabbath-Mob rules
Black Sabbath-Heaven and hell
Metallica - black album
Vince Converse - One Step Ahead
Dire straights - all of them
Eric Clapton - all of them

alkemical
10-31-2004, 01:12 PM
I"ve been listening to alot of megadeth & pink floyd the past week.

Megadeth is bad ass. Probably the only band from it's era that's still metal.

Mile High Shack
11-03-2004, 09:59 AM
right now I'm listening to the Sponge Bob Square Pants soundtrack, it's cracking me up

Hogan11
11-09-2004, 06:45 PM
The Ponys - Laced With Romance

Buffalo Springfield - Box Set

Nuggets4
11-09-2004, 07:16 PM
Hogan,

FYI the latest issue of EQ Magazine has a huge article on the making of "SMiLE".

Hogan11
11-09-2004, 07:23 PM
Hogan,

FYI the latest issue of EQ Magazine has a huge article on the making of "SMiLE".

Really? I'll have to check it out sometime...I have a copy of it on the way as we speak.. I got a deal on used one from Amazon....can't wait for it.

RhymesayersDU
11-09-2004, 07:32 PM
In my player now:

Eminem - Encore
Fabolous - Real Talk
Eazy-E - It's On 187 (Dr. Dre) Killa

The new Eminem CD (Encore) leaked a few days ago, but it's really not that good. The new Fabolous (Real Talk) is not bad, a lot of great beats, and his single "G.A.N.G.S.T.A" is the jam right about now. And of course, the Eazy-E CD is a classic. West Coast at it's finest.

BizzyBone7
11-13-2004, 11:13 AM
In my player now:

Eminem - Encore
Fabolous - Real Talk
Eazy-E - It's On 187 (Dr. Dre) Killa

The new Eminem CD (Encore) leaked a few days ago, but it's really not that good. The new Fabolous (Real Talk) is not bad, a lot of great beats, and his single "G.A.N.G.S.T.A" is the jam right about now. And of course, the Eazy-E CD is a classic. West Coast at it's finest.

is GANGSTA as good as breathe?....i also heard there are way to many soft tracks on there (fab). i heard the eminem cd wasnt that good either, ill prolly check it out sometime tho.

i got the new Bizzy Bone cd- Alpha and Omega. its ok not like his last solo. i also got Royce da 5'9s new one. that one is a must have. the beats are insane, and his flow is one of the best out there now. i also got the Jin cd and the Mos Def one too but havcent listened to em yet. and i just ordered bizzy bones online cd and pretty willies new cd too

RhymesayersDU
11-13-2004, 12:14 PM
is GANGSTA as good as breathe?....i also heard there are way to many soft tracks on there (fab). i heard the eminem cd wasnt that good either, ill prolly check it out sometime tho.

i got the new Bizzy Bone cd- Alpha and Omega. its ok not like his last solo. i also got Royce da 5'9s new one. that one is a must have. the beats are insane, and his flow is one of the best out there now. i also got the Jin cd and the Mos Def one too but havcent listened to em yet. and i just ordered bizzy bones online cd and pretty willies new cd too

The Eminem CD, on further inspection, sucks. At first it was cool because it was brand new Eminem music, but after listening to it a few times, I'm glad I burned it. I enjoy Fab's CD though. There are some soft tracks, but I think it's pretty good.. Although I don't know if I'd buy it. My personal fav. song is Gangsta, but I highly enjoy Breathe as well.

What is Royce's new CD called? He's one of Detroit's finest.

BizzyBone7
11-13-2004, 01:20 PM
What is Royce's new CD called? He's one of Detroit's finest.

its called the M.I.C. Mixtape...(MIC is Make it Count) its sort of like a clip of what his new full length album will be like. its full songs tho and 15 of em. the only complaint i have is there are too many guest appearances by his crew. not many but hes better by himself.

he has that producer Nottz doing most of this album and his next one. hes done songs with 50 Jay z and all the big names. after hearing this album im really excited for his new one.

RhymesayersDU
11-13-2004, 01:37 PM
Ahh sweet, a mix tape. I have way too many of those in my CD case to count. When does his actual album drop?

BizzyBone7
11-13-2004, 02:23 PM
Ahh sweet, a mix tape. I have way too many of those in my CD case to count. When does his actual album drop?

im not sure the exact date but i read somewhere early 2005.

Hogan11
11-14-2004, 10:06 AM

You nailed this one dead on...I agree with your assessment 100%. It's an amazing CD and would've overshadowed Sgt. Pepper and shook the music world to it's core, if it came out on time...tragic.

Nuggets4
11-14-2004, 10:37 AM
You nailed this one dead on...I agree with your assessment 100%. It's an amazing CD and would've overshadowed Sgt. Pepper and shook the music world to it's core, if it came out on time...tragic.

Thank you, thank you. :D

I'm in debt due to some recording stuff I bought, so I really need to stop buying CD's for a month or two. That said, U2's new album comes out in a few weeks, so we'll see how long that lasts.

Hogan11
11-14-2004, 11:45 AM
Thank you, thank you. :D

I'm in debt due to some recording stuff I bought, so I really need to stop buying CD's for a month or two. That said, U2's new album comes out in a few weeks, so we'll see how long that lasts.

Recording stuff? I probably should upgrade in that dept. myself....since I have a Tascam cassette 8 track that I'm still playing around with.....when it dies, I'll think about it

Nuggets4
11-14-2004, 02:23 PM
Nothing that impressive. Still learning. I have a Digi002 Pro Tools set up on an iMac. I also have 5 SM57 mics and a Beta 52 (I'm a drummer).

Disco Man
11-14-2004, 03:55 PM
Donnas-Gold Medal
Jet-Get Born
The Cult-Sonic Temple
Studio 54 soundtrack
Urge Overkill-Saturation
The Outfield-Play Deep

Hogan11
11-15-2004, 06:22 PM
Donnas-Gold Medal

Hey Disco....whatcha think of this one anyways? I didn't like it as much as the previous ones, it's still cool though.

Nuggets4
11-15-2004, 10:04 PM
OK, is it just me or is the guitar riff from the single on that album ("Fall Behind Me") sound eerily similar to the Foo Fighters "Times Like These"?

Nuggets4
11-17-2004, 06:29 PM
Just found this, I guess MTV isn't completely worthless:

http://www.mtv.com/music/the_leak/u2/atomic_bomb/

Jens1893
11-17-2004, 08:05 PM
have a mp3 player in my car and i have a few cds lying around .... korn, metallica, rammstein and another german band you probably havent heard of.

Hogan11
11-24-2004, 12:18 AM
Page 2?!?! Not while I'm around!

We've talked about Smile....lemme tell you about the legacy edition of The Clash's London Calling

Get it if you don't have it already.....not only do you get the original classic album, but also the Vanilla Tapes, which are very, very cool demos and a DVD of three videos and the ever crazy producer Guy Stevens throwing chairs and ladders around during the recording sessions for the record, amongst other things.....it's great stuff for one of rock's landmark albums...no one should be without it.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
11-24-2004, 06:36 AM
http://www.herointimes.com/oct04/images/steelyroyalscam1.jpg
http://www.herointimes.com/oct04/images/countdowntoecstasy1.jpg
http://www.unconsciousrecords.com/images/live.gif
http://www.unconsciousrecords.com/images/star.gif

BizzyBone7
11-24-2004, 12:21 PM
this is the cd right now to get...amazing all the way around

Nuggets4
11-28-2004, 03:18 PM
Damn Jimmy Eat World. Damn them to hell. They just released a "Deluxe" version of their new album "Futures" with a second CD of the home demo versions of the entire CD. I'm a freak for that sort of thing, so I got it. It's cool to hear how the songs have changed.

So I didn't feel like a complete freak buying a CD I already had, I also bought "Clarity" and "Static Prevails", their first two albums.

Nuggets4
12-03-2004, 11:03 AM
You people either don't listen to enough music or you don't post it enough.

Wilco - "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot"
Wilco - "A Ghost Is Born"
Kanye West - "The College Dropout"

BizzyBone7
12-03-2004, 04:56 PM
i just got the new Pretty Willie CD...very good. for those who dont know hes the singer/rapper. he had a pretty big single called Roll Wit Me a few years back. and if anyone saw Johnsons Family Vacation they play one of his singles when Ced the Entertainer is in the hot tub with the fat ladies. Hes a St Louis rapper and hes had 2 very successful singles out in that area. i recomend it for a change of pace style hip hop. im also looking to get the new Nas, TI, Eminem, and Fabolous. if anyone can tell me how they r id appreciate it.

Hogan11
12-03-2004, 11:28 PM
Little Steven And The Disiciples Of Soul - Men Without Women
Chesterfield Kings - The Mindbending Sounds Of The Chesterfield Kings
Chesterfield Kings - Stop!

You can say I'm getting ready for that Underground Garage show I'm going to next weekend Ha!

Nuggets4
12-04-2004, 01:23 PM
Holy hell. For yet another time in my life, I find myself cursing the radio stations in the town I grew up in for not introducing me to a band earlier in life.

"Blown to Smithereens: The Best of the Smithereens" by, shocker, The Smithereens

HOLY HELL! This album is incredible. I'd always heard "A Girl Like You" and really admired the writing in it (I'm a sucker for the female vocals repeating the lead singer in the background) and just recently decided I needed to get that album and see what the rest of their stuff was like. I was NOT expecting this. From the Beatle-esque (Beauty & Sadness), the Brian Wilson inspired ("Strangers When We Meet"), Getz/Gilberto ("In A Lonely Place") to just plain rocking out ("A Girl Like You"). Wow. You can DEFINATELY see how "Blood & Roses" inspired Kurt Cobain.

RhymesayersDU
12-04-2004, 06:26 PM
In recent rotation:

Ludacris - The Red Light District
Snoop Dogg - R & G: The Masterpiece
Trick Daddy - Thug Matrimony: Married To The Streets

Hogan11
12-04-2004, 06:35 PM
Holy hell. For yet another time in my life, I find myself cursing the radio stations in the town I grew up in for not introducing me to a band earlier in life.

"Blown to Smithereens: The Best of the Smithereens" by, shocker, The Smithereens

HOLY HELL! This album is incredible. I'd always heard "A Girl Like You" and really admired the writing in it (I'm a sucker for the female vocals repeating the lead singer in the background) and just recently decided I needed to get that album and see what the rest of their stuff was like. I was NOT expecting this. From the Beatle-esque (Beauty & Sadness), the Brian Wilson inspired ("Strangers When We Meet"), Getz/Gilberto ("In A Lonely Place") to just plain rocking out ("A Girl Like You"). Wow. You can DEFINATELY see how "Blood & Roses" inspired Kurt Cobain.

You can't go wrong with any Smithereens IMO...but seek out Green Thoughts if you want to hear their most consistant, solid effort...IMO, that's a five star classic CD which ranks a little higher than the others.
I seen them open for Squeeze at the time of it's release and while both bands were good, The Smithereens were hands down better.
The opening act for the shows was Gene Loves Gezebel...anyone remember that godawful band? If not, then you're more fortunate than I am.

Hogan11
12-28-2004, 09:22 PM
This Must be on the front page!!!

Here's what's playing now:

The Rainy Day Saints Saturday's Haze
The Cynics Living Is The Best Revenge
The Chesterfield Kings The Mindbending Sounds Of The Chesterfield Kings
Blues Explosion Damage
The Ponys Laced With Romance

Raider Bill
12-29-2004, 11:32 AM
SCORE at the little used CD store I go to. ..

In the CD changer now.

Skid Row - Slave to the Grind. A damn fine album that got lost in the Appetite for Destruction hoopla. Monkey Business friggin rocks and it has stellar cowbell throughout. Bruce Dickinson would surely approve.

Van Halen - Fair Warning (Remaster) I already own this on vinyl, cassette, and cd. The remastering is subtle, but provides some much needed botom end to the sonic landscape on those early VH albums. Michael Anthony's bass was barely audible and the mixes were very heavy in mids and treble. Probably my favorite VH album if I had to pick just one. Unchained, Hear About it Later, Mean Street, classics.

AC/DC - For Those About to Rock (We Salute You). While I'm partial to Bon Scott AC/DC, this is a pretty solid effort by the later lineup. It was hard for them to top Back in Black, but this is a solid album in it's own right. I especially dig the title track with the cannons and whatnot.

ZZ Top - Tres Hombres.. None of that Eliminator era synth pop crap, just pure Texas Blues/Rock by three guys who know their Barbecue sauce.

Cinderella - Live at the Key Club. A band that I thought was unfairly lumped in with the Sunset Strip metal scene. These guys have more in common with Aerosmith than Poison. Some people cant stand Tom Keiffer's falsetto, but I dig it.

Megadeth - So Far So Good So What? The Brains behind Metallica along with Cliff. I always felt Megadeth was the superior band but seemed to get shortchanged by critics. I always liked Mustaines delivery, lyrics, and riffs better.

alkemical
12-29-2004, 12:36 PM
njbil -

I often said that when metallica ran out of daves songs, they sucked... :)

Cali Chiefs Fan
12-29-2004, 12:57 PM
BizzyBone7 - Are you a member of ThaWasteLand.com boards?

Bone fo-eva!

Cali Chiefs Fan

Raider Bill
12-29-2004, 04:33 PM
njbil -

I often said that when metallica ran out of daves songs, they sucked... :)

I wholeheartedly agree.

I also scored Suicidal Tendencies - How Will I Laugh Tomorrow (When I can't Even Smile Today) for 4 bucks. Although the first ST album was/is a hardcore/punk classic, this incarnation of the band was musically superior in every respect. They transitioned into a pretty solid thrash band with this release. Rocky George, Mike Clark, and Robert Trujillo just kick major ass on this one.

I forgot just how tight this album is. It makes todays Nu-Metal BS look like a joke. These guys could have released this album TODAY and it would still blow everything else away.

Hardcore Punk, thrash metal, even a little funk metal... S.T. was at all these places before or at the same time as anyone else, they are truly an influential, yet criminally underrated and overlooked band!

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000026KD.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Sodak
12-29-2004, 05:35 PM
No Means No

Northman
12-29-2004, 05:50 PM
I wholeheartedly agree.

I also scored Suicidal Tendencies - How Will I Laugh Tomorrow (When I can't Even Smile Today) for 4 bucks. Although the first ST album was/is a hardcore/punk classic, this incarnation of the band was musically superior in every respect. They transitioned into a pretty solid thrash band with this release. Rocky George, Mike Clark, and Robert Trujillo just kick major ass on this one.

I forgot just how tight this album is. It makes todays Nu-Metal BS look like a joke. These guys could have released this album TODAY and it would still blow everything else away.

Hardcore Punk, thrash metal, even a little funk metal... S.T. was at all these places before or at the same time as anyone else, they are truly an influential, yet criminally underrated and overlooked band!

How will i laugh is a fantastic album, great classics like ' Trip at the Brain ' and ' Pledge Your Allegiance '.

In my player now?

Somnus- Awakening the Crown
Summoning- Stronghold
1349- Beyond the Apocalypse
Esqarial- Inheritance
Twilight Ophera- The End of the Halcyon Age
Gardenian- Sindustries
Setherial- Endtime Divine

alkemical
12-29-2004, 07:49 PM
I wholeheartedly agree.

you know when you bring up bands like ST - it makes me go back and remember the pantera home movies with AIC, ST, etc appearing on them -

Maximus
12-29-2004, 08:03 PM
Spyro Gyra - Alternating Currents
Miles Davis & Marcus Miller - Siesta
YellowJackets - Yellowjackets
George Howard - Asphalt Gardens
Sade - Stronger Than Pride

Raider Bill
12-29-2004, 08:19 PM
I'm kinda going back and picking stuff up on disc to replace other formats of albums that I like. This little Used CD shop near my work is kick ass. The Discs are cheap, but not particularly well organized.

Raider Bill
12-29-2004, 08:55 PM
I'm REALLY diggin the remastered http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002KM6.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

This disc kicks all kinds of ass. My biggest complaint is that it's too short ???

alkemical
12-29-2004, 08:56 PM
njbil

NiN released the downward spiral on dvd-a & sacd.....

Nuggets4
12-29-2004, 08:56 PM
Beck - "Odelay"
The Beatles Capitol Box Set
The Pet Sounds Sessions Box Set
Beatles - "Abbey Road"
Jimi Hendrix - "Electric Ladyland"

Nuggets4
12-29-2004, 08:57 PM
njbil

SA-CD ROCKS! I REALLY hope it catches on. Oh man. I love that stuff. I'd love to hear the Tower Of Power album "Soul Vaccination: Live" on SACD. Wow......

alkemical
12-29-2004, 08:58 PM
DVDA & SACD are both great.

I think both have equal merits. I have petsounds on dvda & aic on SACD....

DB-Freak
12-29-2004, 08:59 PM
Beck - "Odelay"
The Beatles Capitol Box Set
The Pet Sounds Sessions Box Set
Beatles - "Abbey Road"
Jimi Hendrix - "Electric Ladyland"
Are you a big beck fan?

Hard to find a beck fan these days.

Nuggets4
12-29-2004, 09:27 PM
Are you a big beck fan?

Getting into Beck more and more. The fact that he doesn't stay within one genre really intrigues me. Plus, his "Sea Change" album is the ultimate "It's 3 am and the party is winding down chill out" album.

DB-Freak
12-29-2004, 09:40 PM
Getting into Beck more and more. The fact that he doesn't stay within one genre really intrigues me. Plus, his "Sea Change" album is the ultimate "It's 3 am and the party is winding down chill out" album.
Thats why I like him. and He does a great job at it too. ALmost prince like. Sea Change is an overlooked masterpiece of his. Beautiful stuff. He really doesnt have a down album. Every album is great and unique.

One of the most innovative artists I know. Also got the skills and talents too.

If you havent checked out mutation I must say you should do that. Sort of Sea Change like expect more bluesy.

Hogan11
12-29-2004, 11:10 PM
I'm REALLY diggin the remastered http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002KM6.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

This disc kicks all kinds of ass. My biggest complaint is that it's too short ???

All DL Roth era Van Halen releases are short...or seem so anyways. My fave is Van Halen II which, I feel, has stronger material than the first release (and all subsequent VH releases for that matter) and it clocks in at about 35 minutes total.

Fair Warning I like also, but not as much as II.....it's a bit of a downer release, don't you think? I thought it was kinda odd for "the ultimate party band" to put out that kind of release.....very interesting. I also think it's the last one that's really worthwhile because I wasn't big on the nearly all covers of Diver Down and grew to really dislike 1984 over time.....as for Van Hagar....pfffffftttt.

Raider Bill
12-30-2004, 08:15 AM
I imagine they are short because every year from 78 - 84 VH was either in the process of recording an album, or touring. Warner Bros was milking that golden goose for all it was worth. My favorite bounces between Fair Warning and The debut. I like the guitar playing on FW the best though. This is my first experience with the remasters and I think they did a nice job with FW.

clarkster
12-30-2004, 08:22 AM
did you know? ST is releasing a new album(has released?) I figured after the Infectious grooves experiment, they just quit, but they released a couple of more albums. ST is one of the bands that i used to listen to as a kid, that i still get into. And i too think thats their best album.

Hogan11
12-30-2004, 09:07 AM
I imagine they are short because every year from 78 - 84 VH was either in the process of recording an album, or touring. Warner Bros was milking that golden goose for all it was worth. My favorite bounces between Fair Warning and The debut. I like the guitar playing on FW the best though. This is my first experience with the remasters and I think they did a nice job with FW.

Oh yeah, I agree totally about WB and the milking....I only have the first two "remastered" and they sound really good compared to the vinyl I had.

Northman
12-30-2004, 11:42 AM
njbil

Trent needs to remaster Pretty Hate Machine. god, i love that album. :)

Northman
12-30-2004, 11:43 AM
Are you a big beck fan?

I got Becks first 2 releases. funny guy.

Raider Bill
12-30-2004, 12:02 PM
Although they are all short, those First 4 VH albums capture an energy and rawness that is unparalled. No taking 3 years to make a new album, more like a week or so.

I read that "One Foot out The Door" from Fair Warning was recorded on the last day when the band had literally one foot out (the recording studio) door. That's why it fades out kinda like it wasn't yet finished.

On the vinyl of Women and Children First there was a track at the end that just fades out after 10 seconds or so along the same lines. I believe I've read that the next album was going to kick off with that song but it didnt happen. Not sure if its on the CD or not.

The first 3 or 4 VH albums were recorded in 7-12 days, or something like that. 1984 was like a month. DLR wrote all the lyrics for 1984 in one day riding around LA in his pimped out Mercury while listening to the instrumental tracks.

Northman
12-30-2004, 12:04 PM
Although they are all short, those First 4 VH albums capture an energy and rawness that is unparalled. No taking 3 years to make a new album, more like a week or so.

I read that "One Foot out The Door" from Fair Warning was recorded on the last day when the band had literally one foot out (the recording studio) door. That's why it fades out kinda like it wasn't yet finished.

On the vinyl of Women and Children First there was a track at the end that just fades out after 10 seconds or so along the same lines. I believe I've read that the next album was going to kick off with that song but it didnt happen. Not sure if its on the CD or not.

The first 3 or 4 VH albums were recorded in 7-12 days, or something like that. 1984 was like a month. DLR wrote all the lyrics for 1984 in one day riding around LA in his pimped out Mercury while listening to the instrumental tracks.

Its sounds pretty fathomable as Diver Down was laced with covers ( i dont know if its entirely of covers or not ) so how hard could that have been to make? either way, im a big VH fan and love their stuff. i do miss Diamond Dave though.

Mile High Shack
12-30-2004, 12:39 PM
Trent needs to remaster Pretty Hate Machine. god, i love that album. :)

didn't they just do that recently

it was the 10 year anniversary just recently and they re-released it I believe.

One of the best albums ever.

Northman
12-30-2004, 01:05 PM
didn't they just do that recently

it was the 10 year anniversary just recently and they re-released it I believe.

One of the best albums ever.

Huh, i didnt hear anything about that. if that is the case im so there. definitely a classic.

Mile High Shack
12-30-2004, 01:08 PM
I found it on amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00066N8JS/qid=1104437254/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/104-3841938-3180764?v=glance&s=music&n=507846#product-details

it's a 2 disc set with some tracks that didn't make it on there

Northman
12-30-2004, 01:11 PM
I found it on amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00066N8JS/qid=1104437254/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/104-3841938-3180764?v=glance&s=music&n=507846#product-details

it's a 2 disc set with some tracks that didn't make it on there

Oh, nah. this is the second album ( which is good too ) but i want his first one ' Pretty Hate Machine '. chances are, if they did the Downward Spiral perhaps they did the first one too.

Mile High Shack
12-30-2004, 01:12 PM
Oh, nah. this is the second album ( which is good too ) but i want his first one ' Pretty Hate Machine '. chances are, if they did the Downward Spiral perhaps they did the first one too.

good lord, I need to read better

sorry about that.......duh

alkemical
12-30-2004, 01:28 PM
http://www.sonymusic.com/sacd/

alkemical
12-30-2004, 01:35 PM
http://www.audiorevolution.com/music/dvda.shtml

alkemical
12-30-2004, 08:27 PM
http://www.alokedutta.com/

Bronx33
01-01-2005, 05:35 PM
arlo guthrie----Alice restaurant

Northman
01-02-2005, 09:40 AM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-7/764687/Kif_0330700.jpg

My Picks for the Month. :)

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-7/764687/Image1700.jpg

What can i say? im a music junkie. :woowoo:

Hogan11
01-02-2005, 09:51 AM
Looks like you have a nice start to a collection there Anubis_Zyklon....I could post mine, but I'd need three seperate picks to fit everything in.

Meanwhile, I present to you all pehaps the greatest nihilistic record ever made.......Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music. Yes, I actually listen to it on occasion and if the neighbors piss me off, they get a heaping helping of it as well.

No single CD has brought the police to my door more often than this one has. I dare you to listen to it in it's entirity

Northman
01-02-2005, 10:17 AM
Looks like you have a nice start to a collection there Anubis_Zyklon....I could post mine, but I'd need three seperate picks to fit everything in.

Meanwhile, I present to you all pehaps the greatest nihilistic record ever made.......Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music. Yes, I actually listen to it on occasion and if the neighbors piss me off, they get a heaping helping of it as well.

No single CD has brought the police to my door more often than this one has. I dare you to listen to it in it's entirity

Hmmm, interesting.

by the way, that is one of my cd shelves. im currently working on another as we speak. hehe

Hogan11
01-02-2005, 10:41 AM
Hmmm, interesting.

by the way, that is one of my cd shelves. im currently working on another as we speak. hehe

Space is always a problem for the collector.

I tend to perfer the corner cabinets that have the fold out doors for that very reason...but it doesn't make for much displaywise...I'd like to do a wall of racks but then there's the problem of box sets (too large for that) digipaks (too fragile for normal storage) keeping signed stuff seperate and so on and so on...

Northman
01-02-2005, 10:58 AM
Space is always a problem for the collector.

I tend to perfer the corner cabinets that have the fold out doors for that very reason...but it doesn't make for much displaywise...I'd like to do a wall of racks but then there's the problem of box sets (too large for that) digipaks (too fragile for normal storage) keeping signed stuff seperate and so on and so on...

Yea, your right. im living in a apt right now so space is very limited. hopefully when we go to buy a house i can get a room just for my collectibles. ???

Maximus
01-02-2005, 12:19 PM
Michael Brecker Quindectet - Wide Angles

Just copped this one only on Track 3 but as usual I'm impressed with Brecker.

Don't laugh but I also have Fantasia from American Idol... Pretty damn good.

epicSocialism4tw
01-02-2005, 12:53 PM
I think that right now I have a rotation of:
Peter Gabriel's Secret World Live
Frank Black Francis' new Pixies remakes
Dire Strait's Money For Nothing
Bruce Hornsby's Songs from the Southside
Sunny Day Real Estate's LP2
Beck's Sea Change
Van Morrison- Best of

Nuggets4
01-02-2005, 06:06 PM
Anbuis, I love your CD bookshelf. I have a CD rack that holds 500, but I officially overfilled it this last week and am looking for new stuff. Where'd you get yours?

Hogan11
01-02-2005, 08:14 PM
Anbuis, I love your CD bookshelf. I have a CD rack that holds 500, but I officially overfilled it this last week and am looking for new stuff. Where'd you get yours?

Best Buy has them for about 60 smacks

Nuggets4
01-02-2005, 08:23 PM
I must go to Best Buy tomorrow.