PDA

View Full Version : Heeeee's Baaaack...Mr. Hillis

UberBroncoMan
04-11-2011, 03:52 PM
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/madden2012cover

He's in the TOP 4 for Madden 12.

Apparently he's beating Rogers atm too.

Wouldn't that be something. Hillis on the front of Madden 12 to mock Mc****Face.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-11-2011, 03:53 PM
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/madden2012cover

He's in the TOP 4 for Madden 12.

Apparently he's beating Rogers atm too.

Wouldn't that be something. Hillis on the front of Madden 12 to mock Mc****Face.

And the Madden Curse to mock the HillisLovers. Everyone wins!

UberBroncoMan
04-11-2011, 03:54 PM
And the Madden Curse to mock the HillisLovers. Everyone wins!

Drew Brees didn't miss a game last year and had a rating over 90. The curse is overrated, albeit hilarious on how often it occurs.

Chris
04-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Drew Brees didn't miss a game last year and had a rating over 90. The curse is overrated, albeit hilarious on how often it occurs.

Beg to differ

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/26/sean-payton-drew-brees-played-on-injured-knee-during-season-for/

Archer81
04-11-2011, 03:56 PM

Brees threw alot of picks and got bounced out of the playoffs by a 7-9 team. Curse lives on.

:Broncos:

UberBroncoMan
04-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Brees threw alot of picks and got bounced out of the playoffs by a 7-9 team. Curse lives on.

lol, touche. It's primarily been associated with injury however.

HAT
04-11-2011, 04:12 PM
So let's see....We've got MVP candidates, a Super Bowl MVP, a ROTY and.....An 1,100 yard RB who 3 coaches didn't want to start. Makes sense.

But of course, Hillis being white has nothing to do with it.

errand
04-11-2011, 04:36 PM
So let's see....We've got MVP candidates, a Super Bowl MVP, a ROTY and.....An 1,100 yard RB who 3 coaches didn't want to start. Makes sense.

If I'm not mistaken, '09 with Brett Favre was the first time a white player was on the cover....

Chris
04-11-2011, 04:40 PM
If I'm not mistaken, '09 with Brett Favre was the first time a white player was on the cover....

Wow that's racist.

HAT
04-11-2011, 04:56 PM

Actually making the cover here isn't the issue. The fact that a guy like Hillis is in final four contention with guys who have actually accomplished something in this league is for one reason and one reason alone.......He's a white running back.

People love them some white RB's...Myself included sometimes.

See: Woodhead, Danny

2KBack
04-11-2011, 05:21 PM

While not a great ratio, they've only been using players on the cover vs a pic of Madden since 2001

misturanderson
04-11-2011, 05:37 PM
I've personally been choosing Hillis and Vick in the hopes that one of them breaks their leg during the season opener.

OABB
04-11-2011, 05:42 PM
brees injured his knee. Alot like Cutler's injury, but brees has testicles and so he played all year. Madden curse lives on.

extralife
04-11-2011, 07:34 PM
it's about the story, you idiots. running back comes from nowhere (and nationally he was not a name with us) after being marginalized by one coach and being part of a my-garbage-for-your-garbage trade to be the only end zone threat for a team. and he runs people over. those guys will always get play.

mhgaffney
04-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Yah, the Hillis story is a come from nowhere to riches story.

Shanny knew what we had -- one of the best 7th round picks in the history of the NFL

but McDouche was too arrogant or too something...

Incredible that some folks around here still do not get what we lost.

But hey -- that's par for the course on the OM.

Chris
04-11-2011, 08:00 PM
http://images.teamsugar.com/files/usr/0/3362/Spilled_milk_2.preview.jpg

Archer81
04-11-2011, 08:33 PM

Shanny knew what we had -- one of the best 7th round picks in the history of the NFL

Yeah...I should not be surprised your football takes suck as much as your political ones.

Arkie
04-11-2011, 08:34 PM

Actually, I think being white has more to do with the 3 coaches failure to accurately evaluate him from the beginning.

SoCalBronco
04-11-2011, 08:35 PM

Wow Gaff....you finally brought a decent take for once.

Nice work.

Borks147
04-11-2011, 10:12 PM
Wow Gaff....you finally brought a decent take for once.

Nice work.

not sure if serious?

Mogulseeker
04-11-2011, 10:18 PM

If Shanny "knew what we had" he would have made a move for him in Washington.

Jerry Curl
04-11-2011, 10:21 PM

If Shanny knew all this, then why not start him before other studs like Micheal Pittman, Andre Hall and Ryan Torain?

Remember when everyone was voting for Sanjaya on Idol? He's getting the votes because Hillis is the new Sanjaya...and he's white.

All these guys have stories. Hillis-rags to riches, Vick-riches to rags to riches, Rodgers falling in the draft and sitting behind Favre, AD being touted as injury prone coming out of college only to become the best back in football.

bowtown
04-11-2011, 10:37 PM
Please use existing threads.

broncocalijohn
04-11-2011, 10:51 PM

and yet he didnt want Portis again when it came down to it. Look guys, you play Hillis on Madden and I am sure it will be one of the funniest players to use. Running over people and dragging them down the field will be awesome. He is a different player than most of the running backs. You will get something totally different from him when you pick him. Before you criticize his selection for the cover, consider the reasons I put before here.

OABB
04-11-2011, 10:54 PM
Is there a cheat in madden that allows Hillis to line up properly and know the plays?

bowtown
04-11-2011, 10:56 PM
Is there a cheat in madden that allows Hillis to line up properly and know the plays?

No, but I heard there's a cheat that turns him into an actual albino.

Shananahan
04-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Almost as funny as OABB's last post in this thread.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-12-2011, 06:34 AM

Yep, Shanahan knew what he had alright. Which is why Hillis was 6th on the depth chart at RB, and 2nd string at FB.

You're neat.

TheChamp24
04-12-2011, 07:25 AM
Never underestimate Browns fans.

JCMElway
04-12-2011, 07:44 AM

LOL

HAT
04-12-2011, 08:20 AM
Why do you guys have such a problem admitting you like him because he's a white RB?

It's not racist by any means. They are just so few and far between that you can't help but root for them when they do come along.

And it's not just the common fan...the talking heads love these guys just as much. Did you guys not watch any Patriot games late in the season? Dudes were gushing over Woodhead. White RB.

All you have to do is click on the link and see that Woodhead made it to the elite 8, only losing to the Super Bowl MVP by 12%. And that Hillis is in the final four with a SB MVP, a league wide MVP candidate & comeback POY, and a former ROTY and also league wide MVP candidate. One of these things is not like the other ???

He had a pretty solid season of 1,500 ish all purpose yards. Very similar to Matt Forte and Run DMC. Hell, Knowshon was basically a statistical equal if you look at YP carry, YP catch and TDs per touch. And OBTW....Forte, DMC & Knowshon had 10 fumbles combined...Hillis? 8 all by himself. Touchdowns you say? Hillis rushed for 11 on 270 carries. Mike Tolbert also rushed for 11....on 90 less carries.

Anybody who says they root for Hillis 'because of his story' is kidding himself. Yes, he came from nowhere and was an underdog to earn a starting spot for three different head coaches.....Why? Simple, because he is a white RB.

It's okay guys....admitting you like him because he's a white RB doesn't mean you wouldn't like him if he was black. He'd just be another face in the crowd pedestrian NFL RB.

bowtown
04-12-2011, 08:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/YG6vv.gif

Taco John
04-12-2011, 09:10 AM

Shanahan doesn't trade for runningbacks.

Taco John
04-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Why do you guys have such a problem admitting you like him because he's a white RB?

I don't care what color he is. Howard Griffith is one of my favorite Broncos of all time, not because of his skin color, but because of what he provided the offense. I like Hillis for the same reasons I liked Howard Griffith - only I think Hillis has a lot higher ceiling. People who turn it into a thing about race are morons.

bowtown
04-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Hillis will never be half the blocker that Griffith was.

worm
04-12-2011, 09:18 AM

Or, ya know, maybe, its because Woodhead and Hillis display heart. Which trumps talent in what I like to root for. I could give a rip what color of the rainbow they are.

http://www.halforums.com/xenforo/attachments/grinch_heart-jpeg.1770/?embedded=1

Taco John
04-12-2011, 09:20 AM
Hillis will never be half the blocker that Griffith was.

He doesn't need to be. You might not have gotten the memo, but they're using Hillis as a half back, not a full back.

Taco John
04-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Or, ya know, maybe, its because Woodhead and Hillis display heart. Which trumps talent in what I like to root for. I could give a rip what color of the rainbow they are.

http://www.halforums.com/xenforo/attachments/grinch_heart-jpeg.1770/?embedded=1

Why don't you just admit that you're a racist. Surely it's not the 13 TD's he scored, the 4.4 yard rushing average behind a terrible line, or the 7.8 receiving average. It can't be the fact that he barrels over players and forces entire teams to tackle him before he goes down. It's the color of his skin that you like, admit it.

I can't believe some of the moronic things people write about this guy. The hilarious thing is that when he was doing it on our team, the same people writing the moronic stuff were the ones cheering the loudest and proclaiming that all of our problems are solved. Sometimes the Internets are sooooooo stupid.

Taco John
04-12-2011, 09:26 AM
Sometimes I dream about how awesome it would have been to have Hillis and Tebow together in the same backfield.

HAT
04-12-2011, 09:27 AM

Classic...."Woodhead & Hillis are all heart man!" You're basically saying they are at a disadvantage to the majority of RB's but they make up for it with "heart".

Way to prove my point.

Taco John
04-12-2011, 09:29 AM
Classic...."Woodhead & Hillis are all heart man!" You're basically saying they are at a disadvantage to the majority of RB's but they make up for it with "heart".

Way to prove my point.

Hillis was drafted in the 7th round you moron. He was a 250lb fullback converted into a halfback that turned into one of the top most producing runningbacks in the league. It has nothing to do with his skin, but his production relative to where he was drafted and what he was drafted as.

jhns
04-12-2011, 09:29 AM

Way to prove my point.

<object width="459" height="55"> <param name="movie" value="http://ecdn2.hark.com/swfs/player.swf?1297555814"></param> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <param name="flashvars" value="autoplay=false&dataPath=http://www.hark.com/clips/dldpvmzsjz.json"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://ecdn2.hark.com/swfs/player.swf?1297555814" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" flashvars="autoplay=false&dataPath=http://www.hark.com/clips/dldpvmzsjz.json" width="459" height="55" wmode="transparent"></embed> </object> <span style="font-size: 9px; color: #ddd; display: block; width: 440px; margin-left: 5px;"> (<a href="http://www.hark.com/clips/dldpvmzsjz-there-are-white-folks-and-then-there-are-ignorant-mother****ers-like-you" style="color: #aaa;">Link</a>) View more <a href="http://www.hark.com/collections/dmslltrtfn-barack-obama" style="color: #aaa;">Barack Obama Sound Clips</a> and <a href="http://www.hark.com/collections/zjcszdsnzs-dreams-of-my-father" style="color: #aaa;">Dreams Of My Father Sound Clips</a> </span>

NSFW, maybe

Dr. Broncenstein
04-12-2011, 09:31 AM
http://item.slide.com/r/1/280/i/oB4wBvM-mD8n4ptUobL-G2tWGNYlwjvZ/

Problem?

bowtown
04-12-2011, 09:32 AM
He doesn't need to be. You might not have gotten the memo, but they're using Hillis as a half back, not a full back.

Yeah, I guess then I don't understand you "higher ceiling" comment. They are different players, with different skillsets, who play different positions.

HAT
04-12-2011, 09:34 AM
Why don't you just admit that you're a racist. Surely it's not the 13 TD's he scored, the 4.4 yard rushing average behind a terrible line, or the 7.8 receiving average. It can't be the fact that he barrels over players and forces entire teams to tackle him before he goes down. It's the color of his skin that you like, admit it.

I can't believe some of the moronic things people write about this guy. The hilarious thing is that when he was doing it on our team, the same people writing the moronic stuff were the ones cheering the loudest and proclaiming that all of our problems are solved. Sometimes the Internets are sooooooo stupid.

Why do people insist on calling it racist to like a white RB?

Did you click the link in the OP?

Hillis and Woodhead made it farther than Charles, MJD, Rice, Run DMC & Chris Johnson.

jhns
04-12-2011, 09:39 AM

Did you click the link in the OP?

Hillis and Woodhead made it farther than Charles, MJD, Rice, Run DMC & Chris Johnson.

So making it about race is......?

Dr. Broncenstein
04-12-2011, 09:39 AM
Hillis should get more credit for exemplifying the personnel moves and decision making that expedited the departure of the worst coach in Broncos history. Plus, he's powerfully white.

TheReverend
04-12-2011, 09:42 AM
Voted for Hillis for the lulz

In b4 "you're racist"

Taco John
04-12-2011, 09:42 AM

You're suggesting that people like a guy for racially motivated reasons, and then wondering why it's being called racist?

Are you high?

HAT
04-12-2011, 10:00 AM
You're suggesting that people like a guy for racially motivated reasons, and then wondering why it's being called racist?

Are you high?

I'm suggesting that it's easy for the general public to root for white RB's that make it at the NFL level because they are a rarity. All you have to do is click on the link in the OP to see that Hillis and Woodhead are more popular than much better RB's.

Are you blind?

People like underdogs...White RBs are underdogs. No biggie.

TUG
04-12-2011, 11:16 AM
There is one reason people like Hillis and it is the same reason people loved earl campbell they knock the crap out of the defense

bowtown
04-12-2011, 11:36 AM
He reminds me a little of Ed McCaffery.

Beantown Bronco
04-12-2011, 11:43 AM
He reminds me a little of Ed McCaffery.

and Mike Alstott

Blart
04-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Does anyone honestly believe Hillis was the best RB in the NFL last year?

bowtown
04-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Does anyone honestly believe Hillis was the best RB in the NFL last year?

My top 3:

1. Peyton Hillis
2. Toby Gerhart
3. John Kuhn

NUB
04-12-2011, 02:49 PM
I'm white and I take a little pride in watching a white running-back succeed.

bowtown
04-12-2011, 03:14 PM
I'm white and I take a little pride in watching a white running-back succeed.

You must have to change your pants after a hockey game.

NUB
04-12-2011, 03:17 PM
It's the lack of familiarity. The aberration.

errand
04-21-2011, 05:06 PM
While not a great ratio, they've only been using players on the cover vs a pic of Madden since 2001

Yes, you're right, but I'm sure a white player had a pretty good season or so during that timespan...or am I wrong?

Peyton Manning could have a pedestrian season and still win more games and put up better numbers than Vince Young. Tom Brady threw for 50 TD's and went 16-0 in regular season and he's never been on it either.

cutthemdown
04-21-2011, 05:10 PM
If they put Hillis on cover it means they want the curse to come into play again. Talk about the most likely to not keep up his pace. He takes too much contact and towards end of yr his ypc was dipping.

Defenses will be gameplanning him now in the passing game a lot more. IMO he won't repeat even close to last yrs numbers.

cutthemdown
04-21-2011, 05:11 PM
Hillis did a ton of damage in the passing game that I think defenses can take away. He's not that nimble, he can be covered.

cutthemdown
04-21-2011, 05:13 PM
Still no question he should be on Broncos. It was a horrid trade. Just still not sold Hillis should be a feature back. Part of a rotation with a speedier guy with more wiggle though for sure.

We will see this yr but I am leaning to him dipping in production. Mostly just because I think Browns will look to get deeper at RB, and the rookie who got hurt last yr may get some carries this yr.

Spider
04-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Hillis is bad ass .......... McDouche blew it .... no other way to tell the story of hillis in Denver

ozomulsion
04-21-2011, 05:59 PM
I love him cause' he's white!!!!

What do I win?

Dr. Broncenstein
04-21-2011, 06:00 PM
Hillis is bad ass .......... McDouche blew it .... no other way to tell the story of hillis in Denver

There is a collection of high functioning retards on this site that truly believes the opposite.

Chris
04-21-2011, 06:07 PM
There is a collection of high functioning retards on this site that truly believes the opposite.

High functioning though.

cabronco
04-21-2011, 06:07 PM

QFT.