PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to see Marion Barber III in Orange and Blue?

Requiem
04-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Considering the Broncos need another tailback to go with Moreno, I figured I'd pose this question.

Recently, I read on ROTOWORLD that the Cowboys are expected to cut Marion Barber III. (http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/202675/marion-barber-not-expected-back-in-dallas)

Would you be receptive to this idea, as opposed to drafting a back when the new CBA is in effect?

Do you prefer DeAngelo Williams?

Any other FA backs that'd you'd prefer?

I was a huge MBIII when he played at Minnesota and thought with his time in the ZBS there, he'd of been awesome for Denver. Alas, somebody thought that Maurice Clarrett was the better option for the team and we blew it there. I think that he'd be a good compliment to Moreno in Fox's system.

Drunk Monkey
04-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Deangelo FTW. Make it happen, bring his bad ass to Denver.

Barber would have been awesome 3 or 4 years ago.

Taco John
04-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Considering the Broncos need another tailback to go with Moreno, I figured I'd pose this question.

Recently, I read on ROTOWORLD that the Cowboys are expected to cut Marion Barber III. (http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/202675/marion-barber-not-expected-back-in-dallas)

Would you be receptive to this idea, as opposed to drafting a back when the new CBA is in effect?

Do you prefer DeAngelo Williams?

Any other FA backs that'd you'd prefer?

I was a huge MBIII when he played at Minnesota and thought with his time in the ZBS there, he'd of been awesome for Denver. Alas, somebody thought that Maurice Clarrett was the better option for the team and we blew it there. I think that he'd be a good compliment to Moreno in Fox's system.

Someday I'd like to dig in the database and find all the posts where people generally thought that a free third round pick was an acceptable risk for someone with Maurice Clarett's ceiling, and Bobby Turner's considerable talent. Especially when you consider that "somebody" who that was a better option for the team than Marion Barber was Bobby Turner.

But aside that, I'd be up for bringing Barber in. With runningbacks, you just fill the stable and let the cream rise to the top. And focus on your front line. I don't care who we have at runningback if we have an awesome line. Just get through the holes and run.

Smiling Assassin27
04-08-2011, 01:58 PM
Just a guy, at this point. He's used up. Move on.

gyldenlove
04-08-2011, 02:00 PM
On a low price 1 year contract maybe to replace Buckhalter or Maroney, but I don't want to rely on him, Williams is a superior option in every way.

Beantown Bronco
04-08-2011, 02:03 PM
There's a reason this guy has been front and center in the offseason "trade or cut" rumor mills every offseason for the last three years.

BroncoInferno
04-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Injury prone. We need someone durable, who can be counted on week in and week out.

Blart
04-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Old RB's suck.

DrFate
04-09-2011, 06:45 AM
Sure - 5 years ago...

Boomhauer
04-09-2011, 07:04 AM
Marion Barber III > Noshow Moreno

gunns
04-09-2011, 07:14 AM
Injury prone. We need someone durable, who can be counted on week in and week out.

Which is exactly why I don't want Williams either.

Beantown Bronco
04-09-2011, 09:07 AM
Marion Barber III > Noshow Moreno

No way. Put Barber behind the Broncos line the last two years and he'd be getting dropped in the backfield with regularity. And he's not as good a receiver as Moreno.

BroncoMan4ever
04-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Someday I'd like to dig in the database and find all the posts where people generally thought that a free third round pick was an acceptable risk for someone with Maurice Clarett's ceiling, and Bobby Turner's considerable talent. Especially when you consider that "somebody" who that was a better option for the team than Marion Barber was Bobby Turner.

But aside that, I'd be up for bringing Barber in. With runningbacks, you just fill the stable and let the cream rise to the top. And focus on your front line. I don't care who we have at runningback if we have an awesome line. Just get through the holes and run.

honestly, i still believe that had Clarett been capable of making it through training camp he could have turned into something special

Steve Prefontaine
04-10-2011, 04:42 AM
No to Barber. No to Williams.

TheReverend
04-10-2011, 10:45 AM
DeAngelo Williams is obviously a much better person to supplement Knowshon's skill set and weaknesses and vice versa. The only issue is $ and two injury prone RBs.

bronco0608
04-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Why even talk about DeAngelo Williams? You guys seriously think we are going to invest MILLIONS on a running back -- who probably would backup up Knowshon -- when we don't have a right tackle, TE, and have holes everywhere on defense?

Knowshon is the starter, for better or worse.

And personally, I don't think this team is going to spend any kind of signifigant money in free agency.

Marion Barber would be the type of guy we sign - cheap.

HAT
04-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Why even talk about DeAngelo Williams? You guys seriously think we are going to invest MILLIONS on a running back -- who probably would backup up Knowshon -- when we don't have a right tackle, TE, and have holes everywhere on defense?

Knowshon is the starter, for better or worse.

And personally, I don't think this team is going to spend any kind of signifigant money in free agency.

Is this because Bowlen is broke? :~ohyah!:

I agree with passing on FA RB's though. Just draft one in the later rounds.

Beantown Bronco
04-10-2011, 12:33 PM
You guys seriously think we are going to invest MILLIONS on a running back -- who probably would backup up Knowshon -- when we don't have a right tackle, TE, and have holes everywhere on defense?

I take it you've missed the last few weeks with the endless debate from people who think Elway is really going QB in the first round.

Boomhauer
04-10-2011, 01:19 PM
DeAngelo Williams is obviously a much better person to supplement Knowshon's skill set and weaknesses and vice versa. The only issue is $ and two injury prone RBs.

What's Noshow Moreno's skillset? He's too weak for the inside, to slow for the outside and average as a blocker and receiver. The only thing he does well is collect a paycheck and ride pine.

Effective inside bruisers are difficult to find and usually dinged up, but Barber is one of the best available and won't break the bank. Noshow could be a good back-up to him if he added 20-30lbs and grew a pair and both should do well if the Broncos went back to ZBS. Than, we'd just need some guys with explosive speed to change things up and KRs.

TheReverend
04-10-2011, 02:03 PM
What's Noshow Moreno's skillset? He's too weak for the inside, to slow for the outside and average as a blocker and receiver. The only thing he does well is collect a paycheck and ride pine.

Effective inside bruisers are difficult to find and usually dinged up, but Barber is one of the best available and won't break the bank. Noshow could be a good back-up to him if he added 20-30lbs and grew a pair and both should do well if the Broncos went back to ZBS. Than, we'd just need some guys with explosive speed to change things up and KRs.

Knowshon IS a tough runner between the tackles. I'm not about to give the guy a glowing recommendation of his play, because frankly, I don't think he deserves it anymore, but he certainly runs hard between the tackles and is a good blocker.

oubronco
04-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Lance Ball looked pretty good at the end of last year so maybe he's coming into his own

loborugger
04-10-2011, 09:59 PM
2008? Yes. Today? Not so much.

BroncoMan4ever
04-10-2011, 10:20 PM
draft Alex Green out of Hawaii in the 6th round and watch him take the starting job from Moreno and relegate him to being a 3rd down back.