PDA

View Full Version : Prediction Time: Marcell Dareus, Patrick Peterson or Von Miller

tsiguy96
04-08-2011, 11:21 AM
Fox being a defensive coach, this team having an awful defense as well as relatively few impact offensive players, its destined to be one of these 3 based on nearly every report and account coming out. Take your pick on who you think they WILL take, not the one you want!

oubronco
04-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Fix the D-line with the best DT in the draft

TheReverend
04-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Voted for Peterson because of "make your pick", but for the PREDICTION part of the thread title, I think they go with Dareus or trade down.

PRBronco
04-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Other - Fairley.

oubronco
04-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Voted for Peterson because of "make your pick", but for the PREDICTION part of the thread title, I think they go with Dareus or trade down.

They stated they wanted a 1st and 2nd to trade down so I don't know

Make no mistake, the Broncos are considering trading back from the No. 2 spot so long as they get another first-round pick, and at least a second-round pick, in return.

"That second pick is a valuable pick," Broncos general manager Brian Xanders said. "We're open to everything there."

Read more: Clemson star Bowers visits Broncos - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17772110#ixzz1IxUS87UK
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

HAT
04-08-2011, 11:53 AM
They're going to trade down if Newton goes #1. Somebody will come calling for Gabbert.

All of this QB nonsense is just blowing smoke. EFX knows there aren't enough picks to fill all of the holes. They're going to swap picks with either Cincy, SF, Tennessee, Washington or Minnesota and pick up a 2nd & 4th this year....Plus a 2012 pick if it's Washington or Minnesota.

underrated29
04-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Dareus.

They are going to take him. There is no way around it.

If a team does get desperate and trades an exorbitant amount of picks then obviously who would turn that down. But it is not going to happen me thinks. So Dareus 100%

Mjolnir
04-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Trade down.

If Carolina goes with a QB, I think the Broncos will hear offers from several different teams.

Chris
04-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Trade down for Miller.

Why? Because it's a lot more interesting to guess this way than to just pick Dareus.

tsiguy96
04-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Trade down for Miller.

Why? Because it's a lot more interesting to guess this way than to just pick Dareus.

only way this team trades down and still gets miller is if they trade back one spot to #3. he wont last beyond buffalo.

Requiem
04-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Trade down.

Boom you got yourself Dareus, Peterson or Miller.

Broncos will use extra ammunition acquired in trade down to move back into the first round for Christian Ponder.

They will select Mason Foster in the second round.

I will be happy.

TheReverend
04-08-2011, 12:40 PM
I can't imagine anyone taking a QB this season at the top of the draft. Quite frankly none of them say "Franchise QB". However, there are some freak athletes available at the top of the draft (Peterson, Green, Fairley, Dareus, Miller, and more). Makes a lot more sense to grab a strong building block for your team and take that chance on a QB in the second with guys like Ponder still available.

Don't get me wrong, still hoping Carolina digs it's own grave and pushed PP to us :)

Requiem
04-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Christian Ponder. <3<3<3 -- Even though you've made some ****ty ass throws at FSU, I still love you baby!!!!

TheReverend
04-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Christian Ponder. <3<3<3 -- Even though you've made some ****ty ass throws at FSU, I still love you baby!!!!

In his defense...

It was FSU

AND it's not like we're talking about Jake Locker ****ty throws.

Chris
04-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Does anyone think we could trade down to 5 and still get Dareus?

oubronco
04-08-2011, 01:13 PM

No but anything is possible

NFLBRONCO
04-08-2011, 01:19 PM
I think trading down with Cincy or Ariz is best option. Then pick between (Dareus Peterson Miller). We will still have a shot at 1 or 2 of these guys at either pick.

NFLBRONCO
04-08-2011, 01:23 PM

For this to happen Denver would need Buffalo to take Miller and Cincy to take Green or Peterson but, I think Dareus would go 3 or 4.

R8R H8R
04-08-2011, 01:26 PM
I say trade down between 3rd and 7th pick and get Peterson and a 2nd or
3rd(or both!).

We can use the extra picks to get front 7 help and maybe a pass catching TE.

Tombstone RJ
04-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Trade down, take Von Miller and then the best DT available (could be Fairley). If Miller isn't there take a guy like Quinn. I'd be happy of the Broncos traded down and took Fairley and Bowers or Quinn.

Point being, the Broncos can trade down but stay in the top 10 and still get great defensive help.

If the Broncos can't trade down, then yes, take Dareus.

long beach bronco
04-08-2011, 02:57 PM
I think the Broncos take the best player available, and that is Patrick Peterson, they will address the Dline the rest of the draft and whenever free agency starts.

TDmvp
04-08-2011, 03:07 PM
As long as they play D I don't really care ...

Dedhed
04-08-2011, 03:29 PM
I think they will take Miller, but not at #2.

Lomax
04-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Because the #2 pick is a "must not miss" pick, I don't believe there will be a "trade down and get whoever is left out of 3 or 4 players" scenario, because "whoever is left" may be way down our board, or not there at all, and we would have given away a great opportunity to get a player who will help our team.

I would think that the FO knows who they want, and the ability to get #1 or at worst #2 on that ultimate big board is huge for us. The only way we trade down is 1) if there is a player that another team would sell the farm to move up and get (doubtful) and 2) there is absolutely nobody we like at 2nd overall (double-doubtful).

I don't see this as being a very likely scenario.

chickennob2
04-08-2011, 05:58 PM
My ideal scenario:

Carolina takes Newton

We trade with Arizona for 5 and a 2nd. They take Gabbert.

5 comes around and we take Von Miller, who is the kind of linebacker that these defensive minds would absolutely have a field day with.

In the second, take the two best available DTs. Hope hope hope Luiget is there. Unlikely though. Maybe Paea and then Marvin Austin.

That right there is the foundation for a dominant defense. Having a phenomenal pass rusher in Miller who can see the field at the same time as Ayers and Doom on all three downs is going to give Allen and Fox a huge amount of versatility. DTs are incredibly important. But as much as we need to stop the run, it's easier to build a defense with some less-talented 2-down pluggers in the middle, if on the all-important third down you can have a great pass rush that gets your defense off the field.

listopencil
04-08-2011, 10:29 PM
I have no idea who they will take. Too many possibilities. I'm voting for who I want them to take.

BroncoInferno
04-09-2011, 06:21 AM
I don't know why, but I think if they can't trade down it will be Von Miller. Elway made the comment a couple of weeks ago about how top DTs don't last long (and he's right). So, I think he will lean away from Dareus, especially since he had nagging injuries in college. Could be a smokescreen, but I think they will go with the guy they think can be an All-Pro for 12 years. Maybe Peterson, but I think they will go with Miller to improve the front seven.

driver
04-09-2011, 06:24 AM
I went trade down, surprise!! Pass on Dareus, Miller, and Peterson. Trade back in 2 or 3 steps until we're in the 20's. Take a chance on Paea, Then Bailey at 36 and Muhammed
Wilkerson from Temple With 1 of the additional 2nd rnd picks. Or if Liuget is there for our 1st pick grab him instead of Paea.
I really do like Miller though, but think we could take a chance on Herzlich from BC in the third or fourth rnd. and we could be stocked up on a couple of more 2nd and 3rd round picks.

BroncoInferno
04-09-2011, 06:25 AM
I think they will take Miller, but not at #2.

I think if they want Miller, they'll have to take him at #2 because I am pretty certain Buffalo will draft him. They run a 3-4 and need a pass rusher badly. On the other hand, looking at the needs of some of the other teams, I think it is entirely possible for us to move down a few spots and still get Peterson or Dareus. In fact, I think if we pass on Dareus he slides to Tennessee at #8, unless someone trades up for him.

BroncoInferno
04-09-2011, 06:27 AM
I went trade down, surprise!! Pass on Dareus, Miller, and Peterson. Trade back in 2 or 3 steps until we're in the 20's. Take a chance on Paea, Then Bailey at 36 and Muhammed
Wilkerson from Temple With 1 of the additional 2nd rnd picks. Or if Liuget is there for our 1st pick grab him instead of Paea.
I really do like Miller though, but think we could take a chance on Herzlich from BC in the third or fourth rnd. and we could be stocked up on a couple of more 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Wilkerson won't get past Baltimore in the 1st. He may go as high as the middle part of the 1st. His stock has really risen. Plus, most outlets are projecting him to end in the 3-4, so he may not be a fit.

driver
04-09-2011, 06:38 AM
Wilkerson won't get past Baltimore in the 1st. He may go as high as the middle part of the 1st. His stock has really risen. Plus, most outlets are projecting him to end in the 3-4, so he may not be a fit.

Hadn't heard this. No surprise though, he's really a good looking prospect, the last I heard about him was late 20's or early 2nd. There is always Phil Taylor who'll be there he's a really solid anchor. Not much of a rush though.

bigbucks24
04-09-2011, 07:02 AM
Because of a lack of a CBA, which means no free agency before the draft, I don't think there will be a lot of teams trading picks. If there was free agency now, teams could fill their needs in other ways. But now, the draft will be the only way and I think picks will be too valuable. Can't imagine a Buffalo, with all those holes and only draft picks to fill them, give Denver (or anyone) multiple picks to move up. Just my opinion.

Jerry Curl
04-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Minus a few posts, I don't see a lot of logic in these 'predictions'. So, with that said, trade back and get both Miller and Dareus. Hey, everyone else is making up wild ****, why can't I?

NFLBRONCO
04-09-2011, 09:00 AM
I think if they want Miller, they'll have to take him at #2 because I am pretty certain Buffalo will draft him. They run a 3-4 and need a pass rusher badly. On the other hand, looking at the needs of some of the other teams, I think it is entirely possible for us to move down a few spots and still get Peterson or Dareus. In fact, I think if we pass on Dareus he slides to Tennessee at #8, unless someone trades up for him.

Yep honestly 4 is lowest we can move down and still get Dareus or Miller

tsiguy96
04-09-2011, 09:23 AM
AZ not drafting a QB, much less moving up for one. miller wont get past buffalo at 3. peterson may drop to 5-6, but really this is a spot where denver needs to stand pat and take the guy they want, unless they can get a team to give them another first to move up.

driver
04-09-2011, 09:36 AM
Minus a few posts, I don't see a lot of logic in these 'predictions'. So, with that said, trade back and get both Miller and Dareus. Hey, everyone else is making up wild ****, why can't I?

Original post poll ; trade down (post your pick) if that isn't asking for speculation, what is?

HAT
04-09-2011, 09:52 AM
AZ not drafting a QB, much less moving up for one. miller wont get past buffalo at 3. peterson may drop to 5-6, but really this is a spot where denver needs to stand pat and take the guy they want, unless they can get a team to give them another first to move up.

Oh really? Is your memory slipping tsi ???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me neither....And I don't care what anyone says, AZ is not going to take a QB in the first round.

denver should have the opportunity to trade down if they want to, depends if they want to give up the chance to take one of the elite D players. i think a guy like fairley at pick 5 would be perfect, AZ is apparently very big into gabbert.

Not happening. Their beat writer put the odds at 70-1 that they won't draft a QB at #5. While I don't think it's THAT much of a longshot, I do agree that it makes no sense for them. And especially to trade up.

The Cards need way too much help to piss away their 2nd & 4th to move up and grab a QB who won't make an immediate impact. They already have Skelton to develop & will be better served with bringing in a vet or FA to compete with him once the lockout stuff is resolved.

tsiguy96
04-09-2011, 09:58 AM
Oh really? Is your memory slipping tsi ???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yea, a lot has changed, not only do they not like gabbert at this point, they want an impact player on D with their pick. in case you didnt know, stuff changes as we get closer to draft day, but good attempt.

HAT
04-09-2011, 10:57 AM
http://noskinnywomen.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/waffle.gif

Tombstone RJ
04-09-2011, 11:07 AM
The card's only major need is QB. Anyone who says the card's have holes all over the place is being a little silly. They were in the SB two years ago and the reason they haven't been competitve since is because no QB on the team.

Gabbart could step in and immediately make AZ a better team.

The same can be said for SF. Insert a good QB and the team really becomes a playoff team. Heck, people were picking SF to win the NFCW last year due to all the talent on that team.

HAT
04-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Do the Cards need a QB? Yes.

Will they draft one? Maybe.

With pick 5? No.

Move up from pick 5? Hell no.

Tombstone RJ
04-09-2011, 11:28 AM

With pick 5? No.

Until there is a new cba, it's hard to know what teams will do in the draft. AZ may feel their only option to get a QB is to draft one, and they may not want to wait and hope a good prospect falls to them later in the draft.

Right now, they have two options: draft a QB whom they feel can get this team to the next level, or go with what they have and wait until next season to address the QB needs.

FireFly
04-09-2011, 03:02 PM

If Newton goes first, which he won't, this is a definite possibility in my mind.

FireFly
04-09-2011, 03:05 PM

QFT.

I can completely believe that Buffalo has fallen in love with Miller. If we we're running a 3-4 he'd be the player I'd want as well.

montrose
04-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Got a weird feeling it's Miller. I'd prefer Peterson, Dareus or Bowers but I can live with Miller.

CEH
04-10-2011, 06:06 AM

With pick 5? No.

Sal Pal said Philly and Ari have discussed a trade sending Kolb to ARI and a flip of 1st round picks. Eagles are said to be eyeing Peterson.
* If the CBA allows

tsiguy96
04-10-2011, 06:12 AM
Until there is a new cba, it's hard to know what teams will do in the draft. AZ may feel their only option to get a QB is to draft one, and they may not want to wait and hope a good prospect falls to them later in the draft.

Right now, they have two options: draft a QB whom they feel can get this team to the next level, or go with what they have and wait until next season to address the QB needs.

and if they dont feel this draft has a QB capable of that (and wisenhunt said as much a few weeks ago) why would they use their pick on one? they want an impact player from year one, i wouldnt doubt patrick peterson to AZ.

CEH
04-10-2011, 06:48 AM
Depending on how EFX really feels about Tebow, I would not rule out a trade of Tebow to BUF for a 2nd if the QB BUFF wants is off the board.

Denver actually has some say on who BUF will draft so it could make for an interesting cat and mouse game. I think BUF wants Netwon but could settle for Tebow if Netwton is gone and TIm is offered up

HAT
04-10-2011, 07:42 AM
and if they dont feel this draft has a QB capable of that (and wisenhunt said as much a few weeks ago) why would they use their pick on one? they want an impact player from year one, i wouldnt doubt patrick peterson to AZ.

Hahahahahaha....You crack me up dude.

tsiguy96
04-10-2011, 07:43 AM
Hahahahahaha....You crack me up dude.

why, because i read and echo the sentiments of the teams beat writers and people who are way smarter at this than i am? who are you anyway?

tsiguy96
04-10-2011, 07:46 AM
gabbert recent news from roto:

According to Mark Gaughan of the Buffalo News, the Bills will pull the trigger on a quarterback at No. 3 overall if they see franchise QB potential.
"But they're still evaluating," Gaughan says. "And it's uncertain who they like better." That's hardly a surprise. There are still major questions surrounding Blaine Gabbert and Cam Newton. It would take quite a leap of faith to pull the trigger at No. 3 considering both players are developmental projects as opposed to ready-made for NFL success.

Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt believes that the 2011 quarterback class lacks a Sam Bradford type of player.
"There's nobody that really stands out like Sam Bradford did last year," said Whiz. "I think that there's a lot of guys intriguing athletically." The class is chock full of talent, but the guys at the top of the heap (Cam Newton, Blaine Gabbert) played in funky spread offenses. "Second-tier" quarterback prospects like Christian Ponder and Jake Locker played in the pro-style.

Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic believes that the Cardinals would pass on Blaine Gabbert if he made it to No. 5 overall.
Somers expects the Cardinals to draft "someone who can help in 2011." Our best guesses would be Von Miller of Texas A&M, Robert Quinn of North Carolina, and perhaps Patrick Peterson of LSU. Gabbert and Cam Newton may very well be gone in the first three overall picks, so the point may be moot in Arizona.

and, as of march 28th, prior to all these reports, this came out, which led people to (likely) falsely to believe AZ is high on gabbert:

Missouri QB Blaine Gabbert "will not get past Arizona" at No. 5 overall, according to SI's Peter King.
We'd be surprised if Gabbert even made it to the No. 5 slot. He has a shot to go No. 1 overall while it would be a shock if the Bengals passed on him at No. 4. Buffalo could also be interested in the three hole. This report simply confirms that Arizona is high on Gabbert.

for those of us who follow this information, you can see that draft reports change over time. smokescreen or not, its how it is, i dont just make this **** up. AZ could be throwing out differing reports and could be very high on him, but as fo right now it appears they want a defensive player:

Darren Urban of AZCardinals.com expects the team to draft a defensive player rather than a quarterback at No. 5 overall.
So now we have the top two beat writers in Arizona predicting the Cards' pick will be defense. In this scenario, Ken Whisenhunt's team would presumably wait for the new CBA or lockout injunction to sign or trade for a quarterback that would be their 2011 starter. They could then attempt to continue "developing" John Skelton behind a Marc Bulger or Donovan McNabb type.

Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic predicts that the Cardinals would draft Von Miller over Blaine Gabbert if both of the players are available with the No. 5 overall pick.
Somers is adamant that Arizona wants an immediate impact player, rather than a quarterback like Gabbert who'd likely take at least one year to fulfill his potential. Miller is Pro Football Weekly draft analyst Nolan Nawrocki's top overall player. It will be interesting to see what happens if Gabbert goes to one of the QB-needy teams in the top four, and Miller to Buffalo.

HAT
04-10-2011, 08:44 AM
why, because i read and echo the sentiments of the teams beat writers and people who are way smarter at this than i am? who are you anyway?

no...because i have been telling you for over a month that you are retarded if you think az is a potential trade partner for denver's #2 pick and a qb. arizona was never interested in a qb at #2. nothing has changed, other than your mind because some dick-head media hack finally told you what to believe now that it's april.

i hope my lack of capitalization makes this post easier for you to comprehend.

Tombstone RJ
04-10-2011, 09:16 AM
maybe once a new cba is inked, AZ will make a trade for the Ort-man!

tsiguy96
04-10-2011, 10:35 AM
no...because i have been telling you for over a month that you are retarded if you think az is a potential trade partner for denver's #2 pick and a qb. arizona was never interested in a qb at #2. nothing has changed, other than your mind because some dick-head media hack finally told you what to believe now that it's april.

i hope my lack of capitalization makes this post easier for you to comprehend.

because you know more about whats going on then peter king and others who said AZ was interested at the time. got it! you act like theres something wrong with listening to people who are connected to teh business, know people and hear things and not taking the word of internet message boarders who really arent. there isnt, its just taking information from as credible of sources as there is in the business.

TheReverend
04-10-2011, 10:40 AM
because you know more about whats going on then peter king and others who said AZ was interested at the time. got it!

I think you're yet again missing the point that people have been trying to beat you over the head with since you joined.

This is a forum where people talk about their takes and opinions.

Yours doesn't exist. It's consistently changed to echo the sentiment of the FO and/or sportswriters. Posting updated information and maybe having news sway your opinion is one thing, but you really need a mind of your own.

tsiguy96
04-10-2011, 12:15 PM
I think you're yet again missing the point that people have been trying to beat you over the head with since you joined.

This is a forum where people talk about their takes and opinions.

Yours doesn't exist. It's consistently changed to echo the sentiment of the FO and/or sportswriters. Posting updated information and maybe having news sway your opinion is one thing, but you really need a mind of your own.

That has nothing to do with it this..this is a prediction thread not a what do I want to happen thread. My opinion is based on what is likely.to happen not just making stuff.up. I have an opinio but at the end of he day im not gonna get pissed if it doesn't happen so you assume I dont. I have no control what happens, just roll with it. When it comes to az, I don't know who the like or don't but I know thy need a qb, however based on all recent reports they don't like any of them. I base my predictions on what is being reported, its hard for me.to have an opinion on whether ty should take a qb because they may not like any at 5 which appears to be the case. Lots of phone typos

tsiguy96
04-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Case in point: I want them to not trade back and.take dareus or miller, but if they take peterson I wit be pissed. A scout said he'd take.peterson over darelle revis! Can't be mad.if the take him. If they take gabbert.I will be pissed however.

TheReverend
04-10-2011, 01:06 PM
That has nothing to do with it this..this is a prediction thread not a what do I want to happen thread. My opinion is based on what is likely.to happen not just making stuff.up. I have an opinio but at the end of he day im not gonna get pissed if it doesn't happen so you assume I dont. I have no control what happens, just roll with it. When it comes to az, I don't know who the like or don't but I know thy need a qb, however based on all recent reports they don't like any of them. I base my predictions on what is being reported, its hard for me.to have an opinion on whether ty should take a qb because they may not like any at 5 which appears to be the case. Lots of phone typos

Actually, that has everything to do with this.

He posted your opinion and you argued with him about it, but now agree because a hack sportswriter has told you to as evidenced here:

http://orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3153965&postcount=37

and your fantastic "rebuttle" here:

http://orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3154401&postcount=51

Like I said, this is the same **** people have been trying to get through to you on since you initially joined.

You went from "Shanahan is the best coach in the league" to "He deserved to be fired" simply because of a Pat Bowlen presser. Then you carried the McD torch and criticized anyone opposed with "Oh so you think you know better?" and now, as evidenced by the posts above and your "explanation", still haven't learned what a ****ing football discussion forum's purpose is. Sharing opinions and discussing them. That's exactly what Peter King is doing himself, btw.

Imo, spend less time on twitter and more time forming your own thought process.

tsiguy96
04-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Actually, that has everything to do with this.

He posted your opinion and you argued with him about it, but now agree because a hack sportswriter has told you to as evidenced here:

http://orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3153965&postcount=37

and your fantastic "rebuttle" here:

http://orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3154401&postcount=51

Like I said, this is the same **** people have been trying to get through to you on since you initially joined.

You went from "Shanahan is the best coach in the league" to "He deserved to be fired" simply because of a Pat Bowlen presser. Then you carried the McD torch and criticized anyone opposed with "Oh so you think you know better?" and now, as evidenced by the posts above and your "explanation", still haven't learned what a ****ing football discussion forum's purpose is. Sharing opinions and discussing them. That's exactly what Peter King is doing himself, btw.

Imo, spend less time on twitter and more time forming your own thought process.

Still on phone so typos coming. I form y predictions, keyword, based on reports of people who are in he know wit that team and the league. Such as will arizona take a qb? I dunno, the sure as he'll need one but if they don't like one, like most reports show, then they wont with that first pick, much less move up or one so to predict they will move to 2 to take one is.not impossible but by most accounts unlikely. Hats what his thread is about. My opinion is different, I liked mcd and his message but it clearly didn't translate well to the field, though I dont think he should have been fired I understand why he was. That is my opinion, I wish he got a 3rd year. But win shanahan, at the time I thought he should have gotten one more year but in retrospect.it wasn't going to change anything, his team was up, in my opinion. This year I wanted mularkey or nolan as new head coach but definitely happy with fox and. Company. That will change if they trade tebow or draft a qb early!

TheReverend
04-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Still on phone so typos coming. I form y predictions, keyword, based on reports of people who are in he know wit that team and the league. Such as will arizona take a qb? I dunno, the sure as he'll need one but if they don't like one, like most reports show, then they wont with that first pick, much less move up or one so to predict they will move to 2 to take one is.not impossible but by most accounts unlikely. Hats what his thread is about. My opinion is different, I liked mcd and his message but it clearly didn't translate well to the field, though I dont think he should have been fired I understand why he was. That is my opinion, I wish he got a 3rd year. But win shanahan, at the time I thought he should have gotten one more year but in retrospect.it wasn't going to change anything, his team was up, in my opinion. This year I wanted mularkey or nolan as new head coach but definitely happy with fox and. Company. That will change if they trade tebow or draft a qb early!

Me telling you all this gets ME nowhere, so you can choose to listen and think it over or not. I really don't care, but you can't make posts like "Why is HAT making fun of my post" when you ****ing know damn well why.

Here's what most good posters would do:

-They'd look at the QB prospects available, and form their opinion on them and probably have a rating for them

-They'd look at the selecting team, their GM and coaching staff's history and how that player may fit in with that team (for example: dumping Leinart on his ass and then going to another personality first type player like Newton? Hilarious! Another gimmick passer in Gabbert? Doubt it)

-Then they'd post their opinion.

Sounds like that's exactly what HAT did, and you fought him on it, and now agree because some news outlets told you to. Period. That's why he's mocking you.

I could care less if this goes in one ear and out the other. Done with this part of the discussion either way.

tsiguy96
04-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Me telling you all this gets ME nowhere, so you can choose to listen and think it over or not. I really don't care, but you can't make posts like "Why is HAT making fun of my post" when you ****ing know damn well why.

Here's what most good posters would do:

-They'd look at the QB prospects available, and form their opinion on them and probably have a rating for them

-They'd look at the selecting team, their GM and coaching staff's history and how that player may fit in with that team (for example: dumping Leinart on his ass and then going to another personality first type player like Newton? Hilarious! Another gimmick passer in Gabbert? Doubt it)

-Then they'd post their opinion.

Sounds like that's exactly what HAT did, and you fought him on it, and now agree because some news outlets told you to. Period. That's why he's mocking you.

I could care less if this goes in one ear and out the other. Done with this part of the discussion either way.

back to computer, hard to type on my phone without constantly hitting the period button.

i dont break down film, im not a draft expert and dont pretend to be. maybe thats where this disconnect comes from, i have no reason to have QB rankings because i dont know THAT much about all these guys, like most people here i know what i hear from other sources and from what ive seen personally, but thats essentially it. i know what this team needs, i know what AZ needs, but most importantly (in my opinion) when making predictions i know what is being reported by that teams writers. the biggest thing i like when i read here is news, updates and opinions on those updates, if people have their own opinions with whats going on and happening thats fine, but based on what i know i like to deal mostly with whats being reported. why? i dont know, its what i like because to me it makes the most sense to follow that path.

back to the topic, i previously thought AZ would draft a QB based on need and position in the draft, but it now appears that they wont by most accounts (which could very well be a smokescreen who knows).

dareus is still my #1 for this team based on need and what people like mediator have said as far as his ability, von miller #2, peterson #3. wont be unhappy with any of them. bills could essentially draft anyone and it would be an upgrade on their team.

serious hops
04-10-2011, 03:52 PM
I really think the FO wants to trade down more than they want any particular individual, but I don't think it's happening this year unless they get a CBA with a rookie wage scale worked out in the next two weeks. AZ and Cincy are WAY too cheap to move up otherwise, and Buffalo won't need to. And I just can't see SF or Tennessee liking Gabbert enough to give up what it would take-- I think they'll quietly be just as happy to fill other needs in the first and come back in the second for a player like Ponder, Dalton or Kaepernick.

I think we take Dareus at two. Need meets value. We have five corners under contract, including an All World star who was just re-signed for big bucks, a competent veteran starter, and several promising youngsters who got a lot of playing time last year. We have a solid pair of vet WILL 'backers, one who also has experience at SAM. We have a dynamic undersized edge rusher. What we don't have is anything at tackle. We literally have one player under contract for two starting positions, and he's a UDFA. Of course this doesn't mean we have to take a DT with our top pick, but it seems like easy math to me. With such a glaring need, I simply don't buy that we're going to settle for hoping the fifth-best prospect is still available in the second round.

razorwire77
04-10-2011, 04:02 PM
As a straight pick at 2, I think I'd take Dareus and call it a day. I'd prefer that they move back to picks 5-8, nab a 2nd rounder and pick who's left from Peterson, Dareus, or Fairley.

HAT
04-10-2011, 04:22 PM
I really think the FO wants to trade down more than they want any particular individual, but I don't think it's happening this year unless they get a CBA with a rookie wage scale worked out in the next two weeks. AZ and Cincy are WAY too cheap to move up otherwise, and Buffalo won't need to. And I just can't see SF or Tennessee liking Gabbert enough to give up what it would take-- I think they'll quietly be just as happy to fill other needs in the first and come back in the second for a player like Ponder, Dalton or Kaepernick.

Don't rule out Minny. I know a lot of people around here wouldn't be too thrilled about trading out of the top 10 completely but that's just because there's too much hype around the 'top 10' players at this time of year when everyone and their brother has a 1st round mock.

Trading with Minny just means more compensation in return. I'd do it for their 2nd & 4th this year and a conditional 1st or 2nd rounder in 2012.

Here's an article from a few weeks ago.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/22/leslie-frazier-vikings-could-trade-up-for-qb-will-consider-kolb/

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 22, 2011, 10:23 AM EDT
Minnesota Vikings v Philadelphia Eagles Getty Images

Vikings coach Leslie Frazier is not trying to be cagey about his team’s desperate need for help at quarterback.

“I can’t imagine a scenario where we wouldn’t add a quarterback [in the draft] at some point,” Frazier said Tuesday, adding that it would “ideally” come in the first two rounds. “[The idea] would be to get a young guy that could say, ‘OK, we’re going to ride with this guy. He’s our [Joe] Flacco, he’s our [Mark] Sanchez, he’s our Matt Ryan.”

But will a Flacco/Sanchez/Ryan be available? It may not matter.

After listening to Frazier speak twice in New Orleans, Tom Pelissero of espn1500.com is convinced Frazier wants a quarterback in round one of the draft.

“He raised the possibility of moving up from No. 12,” Pelissero writes.

Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune notes that Frazier would ideally like to draft a quarterback and have him step right in as a starter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I posted this in another thread 2 weeks ago but here's how I see the potential trading partners should Carolina actually select Newton....

Minny:
See Fraziers earlier quotes. If they are serious about taking a QB early and rolling with him from day 1....Gabbert makes the most sense. When making the comparison, he dropped names like Sanchez, Flacco & Ryan. I don't think he had the Ponders & Kaepernicks of the world in mind. They're in a weird spot where Locker is probably a reach at #12 and a lot of the tier 2's could be gone by the time they pick next at #43.

SF:
Even though the NFC is improved, they won't be in position for Barkley or Luck next year and the 2011 tier 2 guys don't seem to fit. Harbaugh recruited Gabbert.

Buff: Given how unlikely I think any team below here makes the move...This is where the bluff comes into play if Minny & SF aren't interested.

Wash:
They need a QB big time but will Shanny being willing to deal with Elway & Bowlen? Waiting until the 2nd round seems likelier.

Tenn:
I can't see them trading up for Gabbert when they should easily be able to get Mallet in round 2. It's not like they are a team to shy away from character concerns.

Cincy:
Seems like the staff wants a new QB but ownership is determined to call Palmer's bluff.

Miami:
All star ownership group would love to make a big splash but they'd have to give up the most and have the least ammo. We already have their 2nd this year & the NFL has said that while trading future picks is allowed, they are telling teams to do so at their own risk since the draft as we know it may be a casualty of the labor situation.

Az:
Gabbert's ceiling is probably higher than Skelton's but they're not much different QB's at this point. They'll bring in a vet to compete with Skelly when they can.

Hamrob
04-10-2011, 05:46 PM
If Carolina takes Newton, then Denver's phones will be active. Why, because Buffalo will surely take Gabbert. That means anyone who thinks that Gabbert is a fanchise QB will gladly give up a 2nd rounder to land him. My guess is AZ at 5.

That's a wet dream right there! We would still get one of either Dareus/Peterson or Miller, plus we would pick up another top 40 pick. Goose-pimples folks...Goose-Pimples!!!