PDA

View Full Version : The Denver Broncos - one of the 10 worst drafting teams in the last five years

Bob's your Information Minister
04-07-2011, 06:31 PM
You earned this one, fellas!

http://www.csnbayarea.com/04/04/11/Maiocco-Five-year-study-of-NFL-drafts/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=496960&feedID=5936

22. DENVER BRONCOS

Number of picks: 39

Still on team: 18
Starters: 7

Best pick: DE Elvis Dumervil, 2006
Worst pick: DE Jarvis Moss, 2007

Overall: The Broncos' drafts have been interesting, to say the least. In 2006, first-round pick Jay Cutler was selected No. 11 overall and receiver Brandon Marshall was a fourth-rounder. Both went to Pro Bowls, but clashed with coach Josh McDaniels and were dealt. (McDaniels has since been fired.)

Dumervil, a fourth-round pick in '06, recorded 43 sacks in four seasons but missed last year with an injury. The Broncos struck out with defensive ends Jarvis Moss (No. 17 overall) and Tim Crowder (second round) in 2007. Left tackle Ryan Clady was a great pick at No. 12 in '08. And it's too early to tell about the four first-round picks of the past two years: running back Knowshon Moreno, outside linebacker Robert Ayers, receiver Demaryius Thomas and, the boldest pick of all, quarterback Tim Tebow.

The Broncos traded a first-round pick in '09 to select cornerback Alphonso Smith. He was at the bottom of the depth chart before he was dealt to Detroit for tight end Dan Gronkowski, a seventh-round pick the same year.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-07-2011, 06:34 PM
http://item.slide.com/r/1/35/i/vFtuk30QxD9Pj_dPazKUSrfhZ5KP9T8O/

Drunk Monkey
04-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Well...... That would explain why we are drafting #2

Beantown Bronco
04-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Why does our draft grade suffer if a guy we drafted is now starting somewhere else? I could see it influencing our free agency or trade grade, but not the draft grade.

OBF1
04-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Watch the monkeys get baited by barbara..... So predictable.

rugbythug
04-07-2011, 06:49 PM
This is just shocking news.

TDmvp
04-07-2011, 06:52 PM
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/5899/boyszx1.jpg
Actual Bob Quote ...

I'll gladly suck a few balls, goat or otherwise, if it means sending you guys into the abyss.

gunns
04-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Anybody notice that 3 of those worst picks by other teams came to the Broncos courtesy of McD?

IHaveALight
04-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Why does our draft grade suffer if a guy we drafted is now starting somewhere else? I could see it influencing our free agency or trade grade, but not the draft grade.

Um, because they're no longer on the team? I believe the idea of a draft is to get players that contribute for a long time. If a players not on your team a few years after being drafted, I call that a fail.
Clinton Portis is an exception to that sence that pick turned into Champ Bailey.
Cutler and Marshall can become exceptions to that too if the players we got for them develop into solid players. That's still up in the air.

Beantown Bronco
04-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Um, because they're no longer on the team? I believe the idea of a draft is to get players that contribute for a long time. If a players not on your team a few years after being drafted, I call that a fail.
Clinton Portis is an exception to that sence that pick turned into Champ Bailey.
Cutler and Marshall can become exceptions to that too if the players we got for them develop into solid players. That's still up in the air.

I simply disagree with that statement. The draft is the draft. Free agency and trades that happen years later are something else. Retention of a draft pick years later has nothing to do with the draft itself.

If the guy is still in the league and performing well, starting and making probowls years later, it doesn't matter what team he's playing for. It's a "hit", not a "miss". Period.

Think about it this way.If John Elway became a free agent after his rookie contract expired and he went somewhere else and had the same first ballot HOF career, does our 1983 draft grade go down? Hell no.

Tombstone RJ
04-07-2011, 07:05 PM
shocking!

cutthemdown
04-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Yeah like I need an article to tell me picks like Jarvis Moss didn't work out.

IHaveALight
04-07-2011, 07:08 PM
If the guy is still in the league and performing well, starting and making probowls years later, it doesn't matter what team he's playing for. It's a "hit", not a "miss". Period.

Last I checked teams don't draft players to make probowls for other teams. I could careless if Tony Shefler starts making probowls now, it doesn't help the Broncos one bit. Failed pick all the way.

Think about it this way.If John Elway became a free agent after his rookie contract expired and he went somewhere else and had the same first ballot HOF career, does our 1983 draft grade go down? Hell no.

No, because we didn't draft him to begin with.

Beantown Bronco
04-07-2011, 07:10 PM
No, because we didn't draft him to begin with.

Weird. Because you just said:

Very inconsistent. You can't have it both ways.

Beantown Bronco
04-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Last I checked teams don't draft players to make probowls for other teams. I could careless if Tony Shefler starts making probowls now, it doesn't help the Broncos one bit. Failed pick all the way.

Here's a scenario:

Every player "team x" drafted in the first 4 rounds of the 2004-2009 drafts made multiple probowls, but only 5 of them are still on the team for various reasons. Would you consider them good drafters or poor drafters?

IHaveALight
04-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Weird. Because you just said:

Very inconsistent. You can't have it both ways.

When did we draft and trade John Elway?
Chris Hinton was the best draft pick we ever made though.

Beantown Bronco
04-07-2011, 07:17 PM
When did we draft and trade John Elway?

I never said we did either thing. Try to keep up.

IHaveALight
04-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Here's a scenario:

Every player "team x" drafted in the first 4 rounds of the 2004-2009 drafts made multiple probowls, but only 5 of them are still on the team for various reasons. Would you consider them good drafters or poor drafters?

First of all that scenario would never happen in a million years.
Secondly that's a different question. Yes they would be good drafters. But the picks would still be bad picks due to the players not being on the team very long.
Lastly, even with dismissing the other players that team still drafts a multiple time probowler that sticks with the team every year. If you can get 1 player like that every year you are doing a hell of a job.

gunns
04-07-2011, 07:31 PM
The fact that numerous draft picks are still on the team seems meaningless to me. The majority are not starters and look at KC and Houston. What has that done for them? But I do agree that Shanahan's draft sucked, hell combined so did McD's.

IHaveALight
04-07-2011, 07:37 PM
I never said we did either thing. Try to keep up.

You try and do the same.

We drafted and traded Cutler, Marshall and Portis. And those picks can be judged by what we received in return. Those were my examples.

John Elway was not drafted by the Broncos. So you tying those two comments together doesn't make any sense. As I said though, Chris Hinton was the best pick we ever made. Due to him landing us John Elway. That coincides with my original comment.

**edit** I see you were talking about the 1983 draft grade as a whole.
In that case, yes that draft grade goes down greatly. There's a big difference between drafting a hall a fame player that you have for the first 5 years of his carrer and drafting a hall of fame player that plays 15 years for you.

Beantown Bronco
04-07-2011, 07:42 PM
Yes they would be good drafters. But the picks would still be bad picks due to the players not being on the team very long.

This is where the HUGE disconnect is. Assume the team relies heavily on their scouts and position coaches for their draft picks and leaves the re-signing of those picks to the GM and head coach. Imagine that for a second. It is essentially what happens in the back rooms of the successful teams. Those scouts and position coaches have zero to do with the retention of said draft picks after the pick is made. So, by you saying that they are bad picks simply because they're starting successfully for some other team 5 years later, you are essentially saying said evaluators suck....even though they did their job quite well.

You really need to learn to separate "evaluating talent" from "retaining talent".

Beantown Bronco
04-07-2011, 07:45 PM
You try and do the same.

We drafted and traded Cutler, Marshall and Portis. And those picks can be judged by what we received in return. Those were my examples.

Again, I disagree....particularly with the bolded part.

I choose to judge them not by what they were traded for. I'm going to grade them solely off what they themselves do in the NFL regardless of where they do it. It's all about their production. Not the production of their trade partners. Imagine that.

IHaveALight
04-07-2011, 07:49 PM
I didn't say anything about bad evaluation. Those scouts obviously did their job.
All I'm saying is that IMO the better a player is and the longer you get to use those talents, the more successful the pick.
FYI I edited my last post, if you didn't see it.

IHaveALight
04-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Again, I disagree....particularly with the bolded part.

I choose to judge them not by what they were traded for. I'm going to grade them solely off what they themselves do in the NFL regardless of where they do it. It's all about their production. Not the production of their trade partners. Imagine that.

Here's where I see the difference.

Your view to me looks like it's a view of a "football" fan. Which doesn't make it wrong by any means. I respect your point of view and can see why you think that way.
My view is the view of an individual team fan. I like football a lot, but I love Broncos football. Besides the Super Bowl, the only games I watch from start to finish every year are Broncos games. It's just not the same to me, the passion isn't there. Therefore, I put more stock into what a player does for my team then another team. And how the personnel decisions affect my team.

Missouribronc
04-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Here's where I see the difference.

Your view to me looks like it's a view of a "football" fan. Which doesn't make it wrong by any means. I respect your point of view and can see why you think that way.
My view is the view of an individual team fan. I like football a lot, but I love Broncos football. Besides the Super Bowl, the only games I watch from start to finish every year are Broncos games. It's just not the same to me, the passion isn't there. Therefore, I put more stock into what a player does for my team then another team. And how the personnel decisions affect my team.

If this is the case, you will always have little perspective on moves of other teams and how to compare the Broncos to those teams, and your opinion carries little weight when it comes to actual, intelligent analysis.

Arkie
04-07-2011, 08:29 PM
It should be expanded to the last ten years to include Foster, Lelie, and Middlebrooks.

Missouribronc
04-07-2011, 08:33 PM
This article deals with homegrown success rather than drafting success.

I'm not arguing Denver has drafted "well" since 2000, but I don't think its as poor as many Broncos fans will say it is.

Shanahan didn't always bode well in the homegrown success category, which is what this article is really about. Bill Polian of the Colts was always the best at that. He drafted quality players and kept them on the team. He's doing it in Indianapolis and he did it in Buffalo.

Denver hasn't struggled at the draft, they've struggled at keeping the right players.

bronco militia
04-07-2011, 10:09 PM
some a-hole trades our best players and proceeds to replace them in the last draft, plus this gem: And it's too early to tell about the four first-round picks of the past two years:

a five year study, but ony in Denver do the last two years not count.

herp derp

SoCalBronco
04-07-2011, 10:13 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/2eg5euq.jpg

IHaveALight
04-07-2011, 11:20 PM
If this is the case, you will always have little perspective on moves of other teams and how to compare the Broncos to those teams, and your opinion carries little weight when it comes to actual, intelligent analysis.

I suppose you could use that argument if I was giving an opinion on non Broncos related football topics. Or making comparisons.
Keep in mind though by watching all the Broncos games I see 12 other teams in the process. And I do watch parts of other games, just not fully. I watch highlight shows, NFL news shows, and I read about NFL topics on the web. So I'm not ignorant to what's going on around the league.

BroncoMan4ever
04-08-2011, 12:18 AM
is this really news? every Broncos fan knows we have had a pretty ****ty overall track record when it comes to the draft

NFLBRONCO
04-08-2011, 12:19 AM
Wow Denver is bad at drafting???????????????

NFLBRONCO
04-08-2011, 12:22 AM
is this really news? every Broncos fan knows we have had a pretty ****ty overall track record when it comes to the draft

This is why I don't understand the concern some fans have with Elway drafting. Imo the bar is set pretty low I can't see him being worse then 95% of our last decades worth of drafts.

BroncoBuff
04-08-2011, 12:31 AM
Chris Hinton was the best draft pick we ever made though.

People think you're joking there, but you might be right. Speaking of right, there's Louie Wright, plus Gradishar, Atwater, DS49, Shannon, TD, Al Wilson. And Floyd Little in the AFL.

BroncoBuff
04-08-2011, 12:39 AM
The Broncos struck out with defensive ends Jarvis Moss (No. 17 overall) and Tim Crowder (second round) in 2007.

Wrong. Crowder has played every game for Tampa since they signed him Week 2 of 2009. In those 31 games has 6 1/2 sacks and 6 passes batted down. Not awesome, but not bad.

TDmvp
04-08-2011, 02:46 AM

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

WINNING !!!

Instant classic .

TDmvp
04-08-2011, 03:00 AM
and might I add ...

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8164/2eg5euq.jpg

If I was a mod/TJ I would set that to be Bob's perm Av.

HILife
04-08-2011, 04:28 AM
and might I add ...

If I was a mod/TJ I would set that to be Bob's perm Av.

Bob's your Information Mistress

Blueflame
04-08-2011, 05:45 AM
some a-hole trades our best players and proceeds to replace them in the last draft, plus this gem: And it's too early to tell about the four first-round picks of the past two years:

a five year study, but ony in Denver do the last two years not count.

herp derp

Also noteworthy? Before this season, Denver hasn't picked in the top 10 (overall) since taking Mike Croel at #4 in 1991 (after the 6-10 1999 season, Shanahan traded down to #19 from #10... and drafted Ashley Lelie). We're criticized for "poor drafts" while going two decades without a top-10 draft pick? ???

gunns
04-08-2011, 06:38 AM
Also noteworthy? Before this season, Denver hasn't picked in the top 10 (overall) since taking Mike Croel at #4 in 1991 (after the 6-10 1999 season, Shanahan traded down to #19 from #10... and drafted Ashley Lelie). We're criticized for "poor drafts" while going two decades without a top-10 draft pick? ???

Actually after that 6-10 season we traded down from 10 to 15 to take Deltha O'Neal. Anyway, you could say the same thing about Pittsburgh having 1 top 10 draft pick in the past two decades, and NE has had 3 but one they got for a trade. Their drafts have helped provide each of those team with multiple SB appearances.

Dedhed
04-08-2011, 07:42 AM

Probably because you're supposed to draft players who fit YOUR system.

Beantown Bronco
04-08-2011, 07:46 AM
Probably because you're supposed to draft players who fit YOUR system.

That's all well and good if you can keep all the same coaching and scheme for 10+ years, but that's the exception, not the rule. If you lose guys to FA or new coaches that come in years later (well after a guy was drafted) with new schemes that they refuse to mold to the existing talent, you can't blame the draft pick or downgrade a particular draft because of it.

Dedhed
04-08-2011, 07:49 AM
We're criticized for "poor drafts" while going two decades without a top-10 draft pick? ???
That's just the lamest excuse ever.

The Steelers drafted:
Casey Hampton
Troy Polamalu
Ben Roethlisberger
Heath Miller
Santonio Holmes
Lawrence Timmons
Rashard Mendenhall
Ziggy Hood
Maurkice Pouncey

Without a single top 10 pick, and only two picks in the top 15. Get real.

Dedhed
04-08-2011, 07:57 AM
That's all well and good if you can keep all the same coaching and scheme for 10+ years, but that's the exception, not the rule. If you lose guys to FA or new coaches that come in years later (well after a guy was drafted) with new schemes that they refuse to mold to the existing talent, you can't blame the draft pick or downgrade a particular draft because of it.
Sure you can. And you have to. Not to mention we HAD the same coach and GM for 10+ years.

If you lose guys to FA, they don't have value in your system. If you're bringing in new coaches because a unit sucks, your draftees clearly weren't getting it done in the scheme they were drafted into.

jhns
04-08-2011, 07:58 AM
The 2006 and 2008 drafts were great. McDaniels just made sure our drafts were great for other teams. Hopefully some of the guys he drafted develope or we will be bad for a long time. There is a chance that McDaniels failed with as many high picks as Shanahan. The pathetic part is Shanahans picks were over a 15 year period and McDaniels were in just two years... I still can't believe anyone actually liked what that guy was doing here.

Beantown Bronco
04-08-2011, 08:20 AM
If you lose guys to FA, they don't have value in your system.

That's a very broad generalization. Probowl level players are lost to FA every year.

If you're bringing in new coaches because a unit sucks, your draftees clearly weren't getting it done in the scheme they were drafted into.

Again, a broad generalization. Maybe the draftees were getting it done, but the vets and free agents didn't. Or maybe the players were fine but the game-day coaching sucked. Waaaaaay too many variables there.

Dedhed
04-08-2011, 08:27 AM
That's a very broad generalization. Probowl level players are lost to FA every year.
[\quote] Pro Bowl level players are lost to FA for money reasons. We've lost FAs because they weren't seen as being worth re-signing, not because they would break the bank.

[quote]Again, a broad generalization. Maybe the draftees were getting it done, but the vets and free agents didn't. Or maybe the players were fine but the game-day coaching sucked. Waaaaaay too many variables there.

I don't think you can take that stance on both issues. We let the draftees go to FA because they weren't getting it done, but then it was the draftees who were getting it done?

oubronco
04-08-2011, 08:37 AM

Will eat your dick like kobeatche......POW!!

Beantown Bronco
04-08-2011, 08:38 AM
We'll just have to agree to diagree there. I just can't argue with someone who thinks teams don't ever lose good players that fit their schemes.

Peoples Champ
04-08-2011, 09:10 AM
shocking!

ya i know shocking,

i would agree with this article

Ray Finkle
04-08-2011, 09:34 AM

I think everyone is missing the key point.....How did Socal get this picture...hmmmmmmmmmmROFL!

Arkie
04-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Peyton Hillis was the best second day pick in 2008. Denver doesn't get credit for that? Does Darrent Williams get a bad grade since he's no longer with the team? ???

Jetmeck
04-08-2011, 01:16 PM
You earned this one, fellas!

http://www.csnbayarea.com/04/04/11/Maiocco-Five-year-study-of-NFL-drafts/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=496960&feedID=5936

Somebody hear a chipmunk or was that a WEASEL ?????

Dedhed
04-08-2011, 04:31 PM
I think everyone is missing the key point.....How did Socal get this picture...hmmmmmmmmmmROFL!

The iphone makes it really easy to take self portraits:0

Dedhed
04-08-2011, 04:32 PM
It should be expanded to the last ten years to include Foster, Lelie, and Middlebrooks.

They're one of the 5 worst over that span.

Bob's your Information Minister
04-08-2011, 05:00 PM

Bastard. ROFL!

Blueflame
04-08-2011, 05:31 PM
That's just the lamest excuse ever.

The Steelers drafted:
Casey Hampton
Troy Polamalu
Ben Roethlisberger
Heath Miller
Santonio Holmes
Lawrence Timmons
Rashard Mendenhall
Ziggy Hood
Maurkice Pouncey

Without a single top 10 pick, and only two picks in the top 15. Get real.

It's not a "lame excuse"; it's a fact that the general consensus "best prospects" in any draft are taken first.

UberBroncoMan
04-08-2011, 06:46 PM
At least we beat: 24. CAROLINA PANTHERS

Punisher
04-09-2011, 12:46 AM
Yea Agreed :(

Requiem
04-09-2011, 01:27 AM
It's not a "lame excuse"; it's a fact that the general consensus "best prospects" in any draft are taken first.

Well no ****, of course the "best prospects" go first.

The Steelers are a quality drafting team because they have a great philosophy and scheme in place. They know the kind of players they want, when they want them and have had a great success rate in the draft without having early picks. Denver has been in prime position in the draft over the past several years and we don't have a true elite player in the NFL to show for it. Maybe not even a "great" player. It is just pathetic, especially when there are good posters on this board who have a track record of quality analysis on prospects and the ability to spot a good player.

TomServo
04-09-2011, 02:55 AM
"last five years" OMG MCD fans still Blowing him?
it doesnt get any worse than McD's two drafts

TomServo
04-09-2011, 02:57 AM
"yay" tebow "might" Might! be NFL ready by 2012 yay

Beantown Bronco
04-09-2011, 05:38 AM
"last five years" OMG MCD fans still Blowing him?

Please. The 2003-2004 drafts were FAR worse. And that's just as of today, assuming we get absolutely nothing more out of the 2009-2010 drafts than what we've already gotten. The 2010 draft has potential to be a GREAT draft when all is said and done.

Blueflame
04-09-2011, 05:38 AM
Well no ****, of course the "best prospects" go first.

The Steelers are a quality drafting team because they have a great philosophy and scheme in place. They know the kind of players they want, when they want them and have had a great success rate in the draft without having early picks. Denver has been in prime position in the draft over the past several years and we don't have a true elite player in the NFL to show for it. Maybe not even a "great" player. It is just pathetic, especially when there are good posters on this board who have a track record of quality analysis on prospects and the ability to spot a good player.

And the Chargers were perennial cellar-dwellers in the AFC West until they'd had nearly a full decade of very high picks...not all of them could be Ryan Leafs; they had to find a quality player or two and eventually it improved that team. Same concept goes for the Raiders... they've had enough shots at the "cream of the crop" (top-5 draft picks) during their "post-Gannon, Brown, Rice" rebuilding phase that they are now showing distinct improvement.

Few teams are as successful as the Steelers have been in building via the draft. Part of that success is a continuity of coaching philosophy... Cowher was there for a long time and his successor (Tomlin) made minimal changes. The biggest difference between the Steelers and the Broncos is that the Steelers have scouts who are unusually good at recognizing defensive talent...and coaches who can successfully utilize that talent in building a strong defense. And the Broncos have not devoted enough draft picks to defense (prioritizing offense first even though we desperately need defensive players)... and have changed DC's so often the players barely have time to familiarize themselves with one coach's defensive scheme before another change is made.

Dedhed
04-09-2011, 07:06 AM

Really?

Rnd Name College Note
1 George Foster Georgia
2 Terry Pierce Kansas State
4 Quentin Griffin Oklahoma
4 Nicholas Eason Clemson
4 Bryant McNeal Clemson
5 Ben Claxton Mississippi
5 Adrian Madise Texas Christian
6 Aaron Hunt Texas Tech
7 Clint Mitchell Florida
7 Ahmaad Galloway Alabama

That's 10 picks without landing a single player.

Dedhed
04-12-2011, 10:08 AM
We'll just have to agree to diagree there. I just can't argue with someone who thinks teams don't ever lose good players that fit their schemes.

You'd have a semblance of a point if that's what I was arguing.

Beantown Bronco
04-12-2011, 10:14 AM
You'd have a semblance of a point if that's what I was arguing.

Am I somehow misinterpreting this statement?

If you lose guys to FA, they don't have value in your system.

Dedhed
04-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Am I somehow misinterpreting this statement?

You're taking what happens league wide and applying it to the Broncos where it doesn't hold true.

FAs are let go for 3 reasons. They suck, they don't fit your system or they are cost prohibitive.

The Broncos haven't let a cost prohibitive FA go since maybe Reggie Hayward, and calling him such is a pretty big stretch. So your stance doesn't make any sense in regards to the Broncos over "the last five years".

Beantown Bronco
04-12-2011, 10:40 AM
You're taking what happens league wide and applying it to the Broncos where it doesn't hold true.

FAs are let go for 3 reasons. They suck, they don't fit your system or they are cost prohibitive.

The Broncos haven't let a cost prohibitive FA go since maybe Reggie Hayward, and calling him such is a pretty big stretch. So your stance doesn't make any sense in regards to the Broncos over "the last five years".

Ahhh, that's where the disconnect is. My stance doesn't make sense to you because you are assuming I'm talking about just the Broncos and just the last 5 years. I'm not. I'm talking league wide and and that's how I was reading all of your posts too and was why I kept bringing up the "generalities" criticism.

R8R H8R
04-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Really?

Rnd Name College Note
1 George Foster Georgia
2 Terry Pierce Kansas State
4 Quentin Griffin Oklahoma
4 Nicholas Eason Clemson
4 Bryant McNeal Clemson
5 Ben Claxton Mississippi
5 Adrian Madise Texas Christian
6 Aaron Hunt Texas Tech
7 Clint Mitchell Florida
7 Ahmaad Galloway Alabama

That's 10 picks without landing a single player.

Wow. Pretty damning for sure. While McD was reckless in his dealing of draft picks, I don't think he is anywhere near Shanny's incompetance in evaluating draft talent; especially Shanny's last 10 yrs of drafts.

Peoples Champ
04-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Wow. Pretty damning for sure. While McD was reckless in his dealing of draft picks, I don't think he is anywhere near Shanny's incompetance in evaluating draft talent; especially Shanny's last 10 yrs of drafts.

Didnt shanny have one good year? Wasnt Dumervil, Marshall, Scheffler, and Hillis all in the same draft class from Shanny?

NFLBRONCO
04-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Didnt shanny have one good year? Wasnt Dumervil, Marshall, Scheffler, and Hillis all in the same draft class from Shanny?

2006 yes his best. Unfortunately he had tons of really bad ones. McD's traded away and wasted picks too ugh. Hard to believe Elway can't do better.

BroncoBuff
04-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Imagine how bad it would be if we didn't have Jim Goodman those three years.