PDA

View Full Version : Peterson falls out of top 5, Dareus out of top 10

Arkie
04-07-2011, 04:29 PM
http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound1.asp

Cam Newton, Carolina
Von Miller, Denver
We were on the Dareus wagon early and now we're getting off. We dig the big guy a lot and understand why so many other mocks have him here. Need + value = good fit. Still, the #2 pick in the draft doesn't roll around often for the Broncos and this feels like a rare opportunity to find a special player. Von Miller seems like that guy to us. He will be a threat to rush the passer on every play, is solid against the run, and has dropped back in coverage more than many are admitting. He's a total stand-up guy with mutant measurables that would start instantly and accomplish multiple draft objectives with one pick.
Nick Fairley, Buffalo
A.J. Green, Cincinnati
Blaine Gabbert, Arizona
Robert Quinn, Cleveland
Patrick Peterson, San Fransisco
Da'Quan Bowers, Tennessee
Tyron Smith, Dallas
Julio Jones, Washington
Cameron Jordan, Houston
Marcell Dareus, Vikings

Dr. Broncenstein
04-07-2011, 04:33 PM
I wouldn't be pissed about drafting Miller if we trade back and acquire significant compensation. But at #2? I'd be pissed... but I'm used to being angry on draft day.

bombay
04-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Think I'll wait until the draft is conducted before determing that anyone has falllen out of anywhere.

Kaylore
04-07-2011, 04:47 PM
I have trouble believing that someone with rumors of needing microfracture surgery on a knee is going to go before Dareus.

elsid13
04-07-2011, 04:48 PM
I never found their sim/mod to be accurate. The underlying logic doesn't make sense.

Chris
04-07-2011, 04:49 PM
I have trouble believing that someone with rumors of needing microfracture surgery on a knee is going to go before Dareus.

Bowers?

OBF1
04-07-2011, 04:51 PM
I will wait to see Billy burgers take on football before I but into any of this kind of craap

*WARHORSE*
04-07-2011, 04:53 PM
I wouldn't be pissed about drafting Miller if we trade back and acquire significant compensation. But at #2? I'd be pissed... but I'm used to being angry on draft day.

I wouldnt be pissed.....at all.

Miller displays Derrick Thomas like ability, and can easily put on a few pounds to play DE at 6'3", 255 or so. He is the best pass rusher in the draft. He plays in the opponents backfield seemingly all day long.

I believe Buff, Cincy or Arizona will be trading to our spot to secure one of the top two QBs in the draft in Gabbart or Newton. We may still get him, if not, one of the other elite prospects like Fairley, Quinn or Dareus.

But I like Von Miller alot.

NFLBRONCO
04-07-2011, 05:00 PM

I'm not sure if should laugh or cry

TheReverend
04-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Its not THAT crazy of a possibility.

Chris
04-07-2011, 05:29 PM
I'm not sure if should laugh or cry

craugh

http://unlikelystories.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/friends-laughing_at2.jpg

IHaveALight
04-07-2011, 05:41 PM
That mouth could be used for some photoshop gold.

OBF1
04-07-2011, 05:52 PM
According to NFL Network’s Albert Breer on Twitter, “Logic is after Newton, Gabbert go, QB-needy teams will remain near top of Rd 2 w/rest of QBs still on the board. Commence game of leapfrog.”

There are a handful of quarterbacks who could go late in the first or early in the second round. Teams such as Carolina, Denver, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Arizona, Cleveland, San Francisco, Tennessee, Minnesota, Miami, Jacksonville, Seattle and even Indianapolis have all been rumored at some point to be interested in one of the top seven quarterbacks.

We already know Auburn’s Cam Newton and Missouri’s Blaine Gabbert will be the first to go in the top 15 selections, but then there is still Washington’s Jake Locker, Arkansas’ Ryan Mallett, Florida State’s Christian Ponder, TCU’s Andy Dalton and Nevada’s Colin Kaepernick who have all been rumored to go anywhere between the middle of the first round to the middle of the second round.

As the draft quickly approaches, quarterback-needy teams will realize that they have a chance to acquire one of the two quarterbacks they desire.

We already expect New England to make an attempt to acquire more draft picks. San Diego is rumored to be trying to trade back into the first round. I believe we could see Miami and New York Jets trade down. Last but not least on the rumor mill, Denver could trade back into the first to select Ponder, according to NFL draft analyst Chris Steuber per Rotoworld.

A part of me just died.

srphoenix
04-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Well at least we now know what the worst imaginable scenario is

footstepsfrom#27
04-07-2011, 06:58 PM
These things are all a waste of time. Every year we get infatuated with this sily sideshow called the mock draft and every year they prove how the only thing we can know at this point, is that we don't know much of anything. I'm already burned out on it, so while I want Peterson I've lost intereste in the endless debate. Let's just get the thing done so we all talk about the actual picks.

tsiguy96
04-07-2011, 07:19 PM
wouldnt be mad at miller or dareus....

cmhargrove
04-07-2011, 07:25 PM
I would live with a Miller pick if we could still manage someone like Phil Taylor, although it looks like he might be a late first rounder now.

FireFly
04-07-2011, 07:51 PM
These things are all a waste of time. Every year we get infatuated with this sily sideshow called the mock draft and every year they prove how the only thing we can know at this point, is that we don't know much of anything. I'm already burned out on it, so while I want Peterson I've lost intereste in the endless debate. Let's just get the thing done so we all talk about the actual picks.

I actually really enjoy them, with nothing else of interest that is football related at this time of year, it's every fans chance to hope and dream about the future of their football team.

Fans and media commentators like to pretend that they're GMs or HC's and that they could run the team better than the people who are getting paid to do it (in some cases it might be true!)

I prefer the actual season and I love the reports that come out of TC, but until then, if idle draft speculation is all I have to entertain me then I'll take what I can get

broncos-rock
04-07-2011, 08:09 PM
According to NFL Network’s Albert Breer on Twitter, “Logic is after Newton, Gabbert go, QB-needy teams will remain near top of Rd 2 w/rest of QBs still on the board. Commence game of leapfrog.”

There are a handful of quarterbacks who could go late in the first or early in the second round. Teams such as Carolina, Denver, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Arizona, Cleveland, San Francisco, Tennessee, Minnesota, Miami, Jacksonville, Seattle and even Indianapolis have all been rumored at some point to be interested in one of the top seven quarterbacks.

We already know Auburn’s Cam Newton and Missouri’s Blaine Gabbert will be the first to go in the top 15 selections, but then there is still Washington’s Jake Locker, Arkansas’ Ryan Mallett, Florida State’s Christian Ponder, TCU’s Andy Dalton and Nevada’s Colin Kaepernick who have all been rumored to go anywhere between the middle of the first round to the middle of the second round.

As the draft quickly approaches, quarterback-needy teams will realize that they have a chance to acquire one of the two quarterbacks they desire.

We already expect New England to make an attempt to acquire more draft picks. San Diego is rumored to be trying to trade back into the first round. I believe we could see Miami and New York Jets trade down. Last but not least on the rumor mill, Denver could trade back into the first to select Ponder, according to NFL draft analyst Chris Steuber per Rotoworld.

A part of me just died.

I'm telling you Elway is playing some poker! Nothing to see here move along

bronco0608
04-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Of course Peterson is not going in the top five. Any poster with half a brain has been saying this from the get go.

But let all the fools clamor for Peterson. It doesn't matter, we are not taking him.

beardedwonder
04-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Who ever created this falls out of the top 6.3 billion

pricejj
04-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Miller was a special player in his college career. Dareus was... solid.

BroncoMan4ever
04-07-2011, 11:19 PM
is anyone but me starting to get the feeling that you are dreading the draft, because you believe our new Triumvirate is going to do something incredibly stupid?

BroncoBuff
04-08-2011, 12:20 AM
Von and Elvis coming from the blind side together would be epic.

The Joker
04-08-2011, 01:56 AM
Von and Elvis coming from the blind side together would be epic.

It'll be interesting to see how they use Miller if he is the selection.

I'm guessing he'll play SAM linebacker in the base defense and then shift to DE opposite Elvis in our pass defense. Miller and Dumervil coming off the edges with Ayers playing UT in the nickel sounds like something I can get on board with, so I'm warming up to Miller after being against the pick early on.

Jerry Curl
04-08-2011, 03:35 AM
Trying to figure out where people are gonna go is pretty fun but of course it's all a crap-shoot because you can never predict trades, which totally shake **** up. I agree though, it's fun to do while nothing else is going on...especially since absolutely nothing is going on football/personnel wise.
That being said, if we stay at #2 I'd like Dareus over Miller.

Play2win
04-08-2011, 05:56 AM
It'll be interesting to see how they use Miller if he is the selection.

I'm guessing he'll play SAM linebacker in the base defense and then shift to DE opposite Elvis in our pass defense. Miller and Dumervil coming off the edges with Ayers playing UT in the nickel sounds like something I can get on board with, so I'm warming up to Miller after being against the pick early on.

What about loading both Dumervil and Miller on the same side-- would be a terror for the QB. Completely overload that edge...