PDA

View Full Version : Game Preparation "The important stuff"

Pony Boy
04-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Game Preparation "The important stuff"

It's time to talk about the important stuff that really matters when preparing for the season. I haven't got to see one of these machines in action yet but they look awesome.

<IFRAME title="YouTube video player" height=390 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4JHhQpzNCrM" frameBorder=0 width=480 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

tsiguy96
04-07-2011, 12:50 PM
justification for them to increase price of beer to $8 instead of $7

on that same note, how is $7+ beer anything but greed? profit margin has to be well above 1200%, can someone explain to me how thats not ridiculous? invesco sells 1 million dollars per beer a game, i bet $950,000 is pure profit to the stadium/team. is it "just business"? yea, but at end of the day, you think at some point the super rich, ie owners, would throw a bone to the rest of us and do something that benefits us instead of just taking our cash.

Pony Boy
04-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Another great in-home option

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2wK-TXJPiDQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LonghornBronco
04-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Dude!, Beer Me!

Tombstone RJ
04-07-2011, 03:48 PM
It's beer thirty... mountain time!

houghtam
04-07-2011, 04:23 PM

on that same note, how is $7+ beer anything but greed? profit margin has to be well above 1200%, can someone explain to me how thats not ridiculous? invesco sells 1 million dollars per beer a game, i bet $950,000 is pure profit to the stadium/team. is it "just business"? yea, but at end of the day, you think at some point the super rich, ie owners, would throw a bone to the rest of us and do something that benefits us instead of just taking our cash.

I have extensive experience in sports venue concessions management, as well as movie theater management; we get this question all the time. If the average fan got our P & L statements they wouldn't be asking that question. Yes, a keg of beer is generally marked up about 1000%-1500%. A bucket of popcorn about the same. But when you're paying hundreds of thousands of dollars a month just in rent (not counting utilities, insurance, property tax, wages, advertising, just to name a few), the balance sheet is not as one-sided as you think.

AZorange1
04-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Another great in-home option

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2wK-TXJPiDQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OK, admit it, you ordered one didn't you?

Mogulseeker
04-07-2011, 05:22 PM
I'll pay the extra cost to avoid the beer lines at Mile High.

rugbythug
04-07-2011, 05:37 PM

Please start a business. Nothing anyone tells you would convince. However experiencing it for yourself would really open your eyes.