PDA

View Full Version : Former Scouting Intern Answering Questions Over at Reddit

Killericon
04-07-2011, 11:03 AM
In case anyone is interested.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/gkqyi/iama_former_intern_for_a_nfl_scouting_department/

Beantown Bronco
04-07-2011, 11:29 AM
"Former scouting intern" = guy who orders pizza's = Xanders

Killericon
04-07-2011, 11:40 AM

I dunno about you guys, but I'd still like to hear stories from the guy who ordered pizza.

oubronco
04-07-2011, 11:42 AM
He has Peterson going to Wash #7......UhOh sick him Rev

Kaylore
04-07-2011, 12:05 PM

You laugh but he says this:

The relationship of a head coach and GM is vital to success. I am 100% against a coach also being the GM. They are two 365 day a year full time jobs. Some coaches think they can make anyone into a star, so they fall in love with talents and players. This can be deadly. Look at the best teams. Their front offices have been intact for years along with keeping a solid relationship with the caching staff.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-07-2011, 12:14 PM
"Fairley is skinny in the legs and shoulders. He can get pushed around more than Dareus. Dareus is a stud and always has been. One of the safest picks in the draft, which Fox loves."

I liked this comment. Fairley's build going into the NFL has been a major concern to me, especially at the #2 pick.

Cool Breeze
04-07-2011, 12:22 PM
This is a great thread. So many people have opinions... The ones who back them up are the most interesting.

Thanks Killericon!

Taco John
04-07-2011, 12:23 PM
"Fairley is skinny in the legs and shoulders. He can get pushed around more than Dareus. Dareus is a stud and always has been. One of the safest picks in the draft, which Fox loves."

I liked this comment. Fairley's build going into the NFL has been a major concern to me, especially at the #2 pick.

They said the exact same thing about Sapp coming out of college. He made up for it with his engine.

BroncoSojia
04-07-2011, 12:30 PM
I thought this was interesting about Tebow:

Riley Cooper was Tim Tebow's roommate in college. Nothing about Tim is a myth, he truely is a stand up guy in every way, however, every girl at Florida wanted to be his first. They would wait outside his room in short skirts, bikinis, and robes. He'd ignore them (nicely) when he got home and pass them off to his roommates, specifically Riley Cooper, who obviously enjoyed to party in college.

bendog
04-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Interns are what God sends to you when he figures your mortgage, your boss, your ex-wife, your wife and all the assorted kids aren't enough to make your life truly suck

but hey, it's a thread to read, thanks

(I really hate the intern I got)

tsiguy96
04-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Interns are what God sends to you when he figures your mortgage, your boss, your ex-wife, your wife and all the assorted kids aren't enough to make your life truly suck

but hey, it's a thread to read, thanks

(I really hate the intern I got)

they are also free labor, a way for companies of all sorts to get the little **** done that no one else wants to do for free.

broncosteven
04-07-2011, 02:00 PM
they are also free labor, a way for companies of all sorts to get the little **** done that no one else wants to do for free.

But it is usually only for a few months at a time and they do get exposure to the environment of the type of work they want to get into. It is hard to train up someone who is only going to be there for a couple months.

TheReverend
04-07-2011, 02:09 PM
I thought this was interesting about Tebow:

Can absolutely debunk that as false. It's very common knowledge in Gainesville that Tim accepted oral privileges from almost every 9/10 with big breasts in town.

tsiguy96
04-07-2011, 02:11 PM
But it is usually only for a few months at a time and they do get exposure to the environment of the type of work they want to get into. It is hard to train up someone who is only going to be there for a couple months.

yes its true, for their free labor you need to be willing to contribute to their education, and some places are better than others (depends on how dedicated you are to making your interns good, or if you are willing to hire good interns on). but at the end of the day, they ARE free labor that do the work no one else wants to. which is fine, thats part of what an internship is, but it shouldnt be ALL that it is.

KevinJames
04-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Riley Cooper was Tim Tebow's roommate in college. Nothing about Tim is a myth, he truely is a stand up guy in every way, however, every girl at Florida wanted to be his first. They would wait outside his room in short skirts, bikinis, and robes. He'd ignore them (nicely) when he got home and pass them off to his roommates, specifically Riley Cooper, who obviously enjoyed to party in college.

Damn I wish I could of been Tebow's roommate in college holy shat

TheReverend
04-07-2011, 02:30 PM
He has Peterson going to Wash #7......UhOh sick him Rev

Why would I be upset...?

1. That'd be an awesome scenario where we could trade down and acquire more early round ammo to grab defensive talent and still get Peterson. It's an effing wet dream scenario.

2. That's how he has the MOCK DRAFT looking. He thinks AJ Green is the most talented player in the draft but has him going 6.

3. He's a former intern.

Now I fully expected you to not have the mental capacity to understand any of those 3 points, but sharing is caring. Good luck and don't forget to wear your helmet.

hookemhess
04-07-2011, 02:39 PM
A wild redditor appears... http://i.imgur.com/CeN9k.jpg

Houshyamama
04-07-2011, 02:49 PM
and MY axe!

bendog
04-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Can absolutely debunk that as false. It's very common knowledge in Gainesville that Tim accepted oral privileges from almost every 9/10 with big breasts in town.

Had to have. And not that there's anything wrong with it. Though it'd be selfish if he didn't return the favor.