PDA

View Full Version : Some NFL scout on the radio was saying Bowers pro day was not great

KevinJames
04-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Not good for Bowers, this guy was saying that he could slip into the teens said that he hand timed one of his 40s close to a 5.00 flat, he didn't look explosive at all in any of his drills.

good for us because I was hoping we pass on him.

OBF1
04-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Bowers will have four team visits next week, starting with the Denver Broncos on Monday, a source with knowledge of the situation told Wyche on Friday. The Broncos hold the No. 2 overall pick. The other teams where he will visit were not disclosed.

cmhargrove
04-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Bowers will have four team visits next week, starting with the Denver Broncos on Monday, a source with knowledge of the situation told Wyche on Friday. The Broncos hold the No. 2 overall pick. The other teams where he will visit were not disclosed.

I would love about 10 different guys before Bowers - I just don't get why he is even in the conversation for a #2 pick, not even close.

KevinJames
04-01-2011, 01:09 PM

smoke screen

at least I hope it would almost be as bad as drafting Cam Newton or Blaine Gabbert with the #2 :spit:

Beantown Bronco
04-01-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the scout was from one of the teams that drafts between 5-10 and is hoping to God he falls to them....

KevinJames
04-01-2011, 01:17 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the scout was from one of the teams that drafts between 5-10 and is hoping to God he falls to them....

I was checking out other places and quotes and they all seem to be pretty similar.

meangene
04-01-2011, 01:18 PM
I will wait to hear from Mayock on NFLN. Btw, Quinn blew up his pro day so he could move up to #1 DE.

Beantown Bronco
04-01-2011, 01:46 PM
I was checking out other places and quotes and they all seem to be pretty similar.

Well, 90% of the folks in attendance represent teams that have no shot at him unless his stock drops significantly.

oubronco
04-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Just seen it on NFLN so it is true