PDA

View Full Version : Offseason mode over?

Boomhauer
03-31-2011, 08:47 PM
With the draft a month away, the two month break in football talk should probably end. The CBA discussions, draft speculation, next year's offensive and defensive systems, current roster needs and evaluation, 2011 record prediction, trade possabilities, etc are now more important than product, company or media spamming, the daily news, and what movie you got the best BJ to. Time to end off-season mode and let Bronco footbal talk begin.

HAT
03-31-2011, 08:49 PM
Awesome thread....I'm predicting 6 more replies after mine.

baja
03-31-2011, 08:53 PM
Awesome thread....I'm predicting 6 more replies after mine.

you lose

RhymesayersDU
03-31-2011, 08:56 PM
Offseason mode ends when pre-season begins. That's how it's always been.

Also funny is the need to end offseason mode early when there may not be an in-season at all.

That One Guy
03-31-2011, 09:02 PM
Hmm... new thread idea...

Movies you considered watching that you wouldn't usually watch after you came to the realization you just intentionally opened a thread that was sure to be a total waste of time

TheReverend
03-31-2011, 09:10 PM
We have an entire draft subforum, fyi

Crushaholic
03-31-2011, 09:32 PM
We're not talking the draft, very much? I come on here every day, and I know that Broncos fans are torn between Carl Peterson and Nick Lachey...:lombardi:

Wait...That's not right. Patrick Swayze? Ford "Fairley" Fairlane?

You're right. More discussion needs to take place...Nyah!

Broncobiv
03-31-2011, 10:21 PM
No.

Technically, I voted for "No. Not for two more weeks". But that is a lie as well. Offseason mode isn't over for like 4 more months.

Taco John
04-01-2011, 12:41 AM
Right now I'm just praying we HAVE a season.

Mogulseeker
04-01-2011, 10:10 AM
Frankly, I'm enjoying all the talk of our movie interests and sexual escapades.

Taco John
04-01-2011, 10:16 AM
With the draft a month away, the two month break in football talk should probably end. The CBA discussions, draft speculation, next year's offensive and defensive systems, current roster needs and evaluation, 2011 record prediction, trade possabilities, etc are now more important than product, company or media spamming, the daily news, and what movie you got the best BJ to. Time to end off-season mode and let Bronco footbal talk begin.

Seriously though... Our very first offseason, we went the entire time with this forum being nothing but Broncos subjects, and by June people were ready to pull knives on eachother. You can only beat subjects into the ground so much with no new information coming out without people going ballistic. I'm a big believer in offseason mode. It keeps the community lively and vibrant and most importantly, interesting.

Post something fun... Get to know your Broncos bros... It's the offseason.

Jason in LA
04-01-2011, 11:07 AM
End offseason mode in April? Five months before the season starts? That's a horrible idea. Boo this man!

jhns
04-01-2011, 11:11 AM
I'm not sure which idea is worse, this or orange turf.

That One Guy
04-01-2011, 11:15 AM
I'm not sure which idea is worse, this or orange turf.

Start a poll, find out.

jhns
04-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Start a poll, find out.

Good idea! I will have to figure out how to make a poll though.

HILife
04-01-2011, 11:23 AM
I hope not. I like off-season mode on the Mane. Some of the best threads/post are during that time.

HILife
04-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Good idea! I will have to figure out how to make a poll though.

-Hit:Ctrl, Alt, delete.....At the same time
-click on "shutdown"
-click on "ok"

jhns
04-01-2011, 11:27 AM
-Hit:Ctrl, Alt, delete.....At the same time
-click on "shutdown"
-click on "ok"

I can't find any of those keys.

HILife
04-01-2011, 11:30 AM
I can't find any of those keys.

Instructions for MACs:

-Find available trash can.
-Dump computer in trash can.

jhns
04-01-2011, 11:36 AM
Instructions for MACs:

-Find available trash can.
-Dump computer in trash can.

LOL

I agree but I'm on my Sprint EVO smart phone.

HILife
04-01-2011, 11:42 AM
LOL

Oh, I can't help you with that. Haven't used one.

Boomhauer
04-18-2011, 11:38 PM
I hope not. I like off-season mode on the Mane. Some of the best threads/post are during that time.

Gonna have to disagree with that. Some of the worst threads on the internet are here at the Mane right now.

Taco John
04-18-2011, 11:51 PM
LOL

I just bought the EVO shift. OMG I am in love with this phone...

broncocalijohn
04-19-2011, 12:02 AM
<TABLE id=post3149255 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #ff0000 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ff0000 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #ff0000 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-RIGHT: #ff0000 0px solid" class=thead><!-- status icon and date -->http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/statusicon/post_old.gif 03-31-2011, 08:47 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #ff0000 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ff0000 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #ff0000 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-RIGHT: #ff0000 1px solid" class=thead align=right>#1 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3149255&postcount=1) </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #ff0000 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ff0000 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #ff0000 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #ff0000 0px solid" class=alt2 width=175>Boomhauer (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=14557)<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_3149255", true); </SCRIPT>
Pro Bowler

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=14557&dateline=1283571226 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=14557)

<CENTER>Free Safety</CENTER>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

How about you just sit back and try to enjoy your FIRST offseason mode at the Mane then try to change to rules of what is considered offseason mode and onseason. Your poll has only 2 tries for a response and both are wrong. I went with #2 and that is leading by a mile. Shows that people want to talk about everything including Broncos and video games to movie chat. If ya dont like the rules, come back when it is football talk only. With the season possibly not even happening this year, you better get used to off season mode.

HAT
04-19-2011, 12:02 AM
I just bought the EVO shift. OMG I am in love with this phone...

Traitor....Pre3 is only 2 months away. /sarc.

You'd think HP would've learned something from Palm's mistakes.....

WebOS FTW (if it survives)

OBF1
04-19-2011, 12:07 AM
I am about more duplicate threads and more stupid ass polls.

Shananahan
04-19-2011, 12:23 AM
One of the reasons I've enjoyed this place for far longer than normal Bronco forums is the relaxed atmosphere afforded here, especially during the offseason. There are more than a handful of forums where I see threads being locked simply for being posted in the incorrect subsubsubforum or for being created to post some breaking Bronco news when there is already a very clearly marked Bronco News thread pre-created for it 3,000 pages/four years ago.
<hr style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);" size="1">

Boomhauer
04-19-2011, 02:00 AM
There's plenty of football news going on right now, but almost none here. If you want to take a two-three month break coinciding with the two-three month off season, I can understand that, but isn't it time all the babble and circle jerking in this forum goes over to off-topics where it belongs?
How about you just sit back and try to enjoy your FIRST offseason mode at the Mane then try to change to rules of what is considered offseason mode and onseason. ...
One year, two ... ten?
How long do you suggest I wait to point out something sucks, or do you think after a certain time I'll accept suckage like you?

Shananahan
04-19-2011, 02:32 AM
After your first sentence there I was going to suggest that you start some more threads if you want to discuss some football stuff that isn't being discussed, but then I read the rest of your post. You should probably just confine yourself to this one from now on.

Crushaholic
04-19-2011, 06:10 AM
It would be cool to be able to vote for the second option, every two weeks, until it's actually time to talk football. That's not possible, so I didn't even vote. We'll be able to talk football a little bit, when the draft occurs. After that, it's about 3 months (or more) of NOTHING. The OP better get used to this...

jhns
04-19-2011, 06:13 AM
I think every new member should be allowed to change the way we do things. The board would get interesting.

cmhargrove
04-19-2011, 08:09 AM
I love me some cake!!!

Rohirrim
04-19-2011, 09:19 AM
Damn loudmouth newbies. :cuss:

Blueflame
04-19-2011, 02:59 PM
There's plenty of football news going on right now, but almost none here. If you want to take a two-three month break coinciding with the two-three month off season, I can understand that, but isn't it time all the babble and circle jerking in this forum goes over to off-topics where it belongs?

One year, two ... ten?
How long do you suggest I wait to point out something sucks, or do you think after a certain time I'll accept suckage like you?

The way it customarily works around here (for 10 seasons now) is that when it is time to move away from off-season mode, the site admin posts a sticky thread announcing the change. And then the mods move existing off-topic threads off the main board... along with any new off-topic threads that may be posted while the community gets used to being back in "on-season mode".

Patience... TJ will let us all know when it's time. In the meantime, if you don't like the current content of threads posted here, please feel free to add your own off-topic threads (or football-related ones) that you think are more worthy of discussion...

Boomhauer
04-19-2011, 07:36 PM
The way it customarily works around here (for 10 seasons now)...
Maybe it's time to update a decade to a better model because this one's a junker.
I think every new member should be allowed to change the way we do things. The board would get interesting.
I think Darwin would agree, but fogies with alzheimers will likely shake their fists at any change. ie:
Damn loudmouth newbies. :cuss:

Goobzilla
04-19-2011, 08:30 PM
Traitor....Pre3 is only 2 months away. /sarc.

You'd think HP would've learned something from Palm's mistakes.....

WebOS FTW (if it survives)

I dumped my original Pre 2 months ago and got an EVO. Love WebOS but hate the shoddy hardware Palm/HP saddled it with. Interested in taking a look at the Touchpad when it finally releases.

HAT
04-19-2011, 09:08 PM
I dumped my original Pre 2 months ago and got an EVO. Love WebOS but hate the shoddy hardware Palm/HP saddled it with. Interested in taking a look at the Touchpad when it finally releases.

You mean Pre+ right? The Pre 2 has only been out in soft release for a few months. The hardware/slider was miles ahead of the the OG Pre and Pre +.

I was more cracking on the fact that HP didn't learn anything from Palms biggest mistake.

Palm announced the OG Pre at CES to huge hype and lost all momentum when they didn't release it until 6 months later. Flash forward 2 years and HP formally announces Pre 3, Veer & Touchpad at their event in early February and we still don't have release dates. I'm still rocking a Centro.

The 4.3" android superphones are pretty sweet though. Just too big for everyday phone use for me.

broncocalijohn
04-19-2011, 09:14 PM

One year, two ... ten?

Time for someone to give Boom the gif of GTFO! If ya dont like it, LEAVE! Seems more than your sorryness like the offseason as well as the onseason. As your poll suggests, it is still offseason.

Broncobiv
04-19-2011, 09:24 PM
Maybe it's time to update a decade to a better model because this one's a junker.

I think Darwin would agree, but fogies with alzheimers will likely shake their fists at any change. ie:
ZZZ...

Clearly the majority of this board disagrees with you, so I'd say it's time for you to either A) STFU and/or B) Find a different board to post on during the offseason.

This board has its customs and its own way of running things. Most of the posters here both happily accept and also agree with the way things are governed. I'm not saying that you aren't entitled to a difference of opinion, but it seems that you're hell-bent on changing everyone's mind because you think that whatever you believe is correct and everyone else's opinion is flat-out wrong.

Sorry bub, but while opinions make Internet message board go 'round, in this particular instance, you're not gonna win. So stop bumping your own lame thread and let it float off into oblivion. Get over it, go away for the time-being, and come back in September when the tone of the board will surely gel more easily with your beliefs of what a Broncos board should be.

Goobzilla
04-19-2011, 09:48 PM
You mean Pre+ right? The Pre 2 has only been out in soft release for a few months. The hardware/slider was miles ahead of the the OG Pre and Pre +.

I was more cracking on the fact that HP didn't learn anything from Palms biggest mistake.

Palm announced the OG Pre at CES to huge hype and lost all momentum when they didn't release it until 6 months later. Flash forward 2 years and HP formally announces Pre 3, Veer & Touchpad at their event in early February and we still don't have release dates. I'm still rocking a Centro.

The 4.3" android superphones are pretty sweet though. Just too big for everyday phone use for me.

Dumped my Original (OG) Pre two months ago, not "dumped my Pre 2 months ago", sorry for the confusion Ha!. I dumped it when HP when turncoat and said they wouldn't update us to WebOS 2.0 after numerous promises to the contrary.

Goobzilla
04-19-2011, 09:50 PM
Love Offseason mode, get to talk about food, cars, tech, whatever. Leave it as is!

Boomhauer
04-19-2011, 10:27 PM
.. it seems that you're hell-bent on changing everyone's mind because you think that whatever you believe is correct and everyone else's opinion is flat-out wrong. ...

No, but thanks for playing psuedo-quack of the day. I'm wondering the justification for this boards existence and why anyone new would come here or why any advertisers would pay for space since it's not about football, the draft, the Denver Broncos, has limited draw for other sports or news and only seems to cater to a small established group of crusty regulars set in their ways.

If it's not worth my time, why would it be to others and what keeps it financed?

Broncobiv
04-19-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm wondering the justification for this boards existence and why anyone new would come here or why any advertisers would pay for space since it's not about football, the draft, the Denver Broncos, has limited draw for other sports or news and only seems to cater to a small established group of crusty regulars set in their ways.

If it's not worth my time, why would it be to others and what keeps it financed?

There are threads about the NFL, the draft, and the Broncos. "Real football" threads DO exist on the main page! The point (that you seem to be so obliviously missing) is, there aren't enough of these threads to keep the board actively churning with activity during the offseason without some off-topic help!

Do you understand what drives advertising dollars? Traffic! And do you know what drives traffic on this site from Feb-Aug? A mix of on- and off-topic threads! If ONLY NFL-related threads were allowed, then there would not be enough topics alive to keep traffic where it needs to be in order to stimulate a healthy message board environment.

If you don't like the OT threads, then only post in the on-topic ones! Oh, and if you're so afraid that your precious "approved" topics might get bumped from the first page, then those little blue numbers in the bottom-right of the screen work wonders! I clicked all the way to number 3 and it showed threads with last-activity from 5 whole days ago! How DARE these OT threads force me to click to the next page or two in order to find NFL-relevant discussion! It's ABSURD! BAN OT NOW!!

Shananahan
04-19-2011, 11:17 PM
Boomhauer's threads: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?searchid=509939

Looking at the list it becomes obvious that he's been trying his damnedest to generate real football discussion, and this board just can't keep up.

Blueflame
04-19-2011, 11:26 PM
No, but thanks for playing psuedo-quack of the day. I'm wondering the justification for this boards existence and why anyone new would come here or why any advertisers would pay for space since it's not about football, the draft, the Denver Broncos, has limited draw for other sports or news and only seems to cater to a small established group of crusty regulars set in their ways.

No offense, but it seems pretty arrogant to demand that the site admin "justify the existence" of a forum that's been here for ten years. Especially when the site's financing is pretty much out of his own pocket.

Taco John
04-19-2011, 11:29 PM

I finance it out of my pocket. Occassionally, we'll do a fundraiser where folks will pitch in, and I'll use the money towards servers, updating software lisences, and maybe buy my wife some flowers for putting up with my silly hobbies for so many years.

It's meant to be an online haunt for folks who love the Broncos. We're in probably the slowest April in history due to the absolute and utter lack of news due to the lockout. There are plenty of discussions happening in the draft forum right now. You should check it out.

Believe me, I wish there was a lot of Broncos topics to discuss too. It's just sunk in with me just this week that there aren't going to be any May mini-camps, and that's been a little island for my soul for the last 20 years. It's worse when I think about the fact that we'd be missing Tebow updates and the early sparks of the most intriguing QB controversy probably in the history of the franchise. Ugh... I'm in full on anguish here bro...

FantomForce
04-19-2011, 11:53 PM
your right Obama is a cold hearted bastard that doesn't care about small business, actually anyone in the middle class and is dragging this country straight to hell. peace be da journey

myMind
04-20-2011, 01:30 AM
Who ****ing cares?...oh wait, I guess all of you do.
When games are played we are in the season, when they aren't were not.

Proof that humans are just animals: the need for routine.

Proof that humans are some selfish mother****ers: said routine needs to be on THEIR schedule.

Psych majors could benefit from a study of the mane.

jhns
04-20-2011, 06:24 AM
Who ****ing cares?...oh wait, I guess all of you do.
When games are played we are in the season, when they aren't were not.

Proof that humans are just animals: the need for routine.

Proof that humans are some selfish mother****ers: said routine needs to be on THEIR schedule.

Psych majors could benefit from a study of the mane.

You need to see a doctor.

myMind
04-20-2011, 02:13 PM
How'd you know that Im having kidney pains...weird.
I was drunk by the way when I wrote that post...