PDA

View Full Version : Locker joins the top teir QB mix for 2011 draft

srphoenix
03-30-2011, 03:23 PM
Hey just saw this on PFT and this could be a very good thing for the Broncos, the more teams fall in love with the QB's in this draft, the better chance we have of trading down and still picking up one of the top-flight D prospects. It sounds like Locker absolutely lit up his pro-day and some are now calling him a top 10 pick. So now we have 3 top 10 QB's in play and 2 of the top 3 teams need QB's.

link:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/30/jake-locker-misfires-just-twice-at-washington-pro-day/

PRBronco
03-30-2011, 03:30 PM
Haha I love when prospects' rankings rise after the playing is done. How do people still fall for that ****?

Oh well, works for owners of the number 2 pick I hope.

Pony Boy
03-30-2011, 03:34 PM
The Broncos will work out Locker on Friday.

This could be a little pre-draft shenanigans......

HAT
03-30-2011, 03:36 PM
If teams have Locker in the mix as a top 15 guy....That hurts Denver's chances of trading down.

NFLBRONCO
03-30-2011, 03:45 PM
imo with FA it would hurt Denver's chances to trade down but, without FA QB needy teams WILL bite.

BroncoMan4ever
03-30-2011, 04:02 PM
Haha I love when prospects' rankings rise after the playing is done. How do people still fall for that ****?

Oh well, works for owners of the number 2 pick I hope.

that is one reason that i love the fact that from what i have heard, Fox is more of a game tape type of evaluator than pro days and combine evaluator.

i don't give a damn how good or fast or strong a guy looks in shorts, i want to see how he plays

cutthemdown
03-30-2011, 04:15 PM
Broncos should select either Peterson, Von Miller, Aj Green those are the 3 best players in the draft IMO after reading and watching as much as i could find. Dareus would be next.

Mogulseeker
03-30-2011, 04:16 PM
I'm afraid the Broncos might do something stupid and pick a QB with #2.

Killericon
03-30-2011, 04:30 PM
How many teams have ever taken a QB in round 1 in back to back years?

Pony Boy
03-30-2011, 04:37 PM
Broncos should select either Peterson, Von Miller, Aj Green those are the 3 best players in the draft IMO after reading and watching as much as i could find. Dareus would be next.

If we could get Peterson and Green together their combined Wonderlic score would be 19......... that sounds a lot better

BroncoBuff
03-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Poor man's Tebow.

Goobzilla
03-30-2011, 07:33 PM
The Broncos will work out Locker on Friday.

Blurg..this had better be a smokescreen.

Jay3
03-30-2011, 07:37 PM
Poor man's Tebow.

Yep.

cutthemdown
03-30-2011, 07:46 PM
If we could get Peterson and Green together their combined Wonderlic score would be 19......... that sounds a lot better

When Peterson got interviewed he spoke well. Many times a low score like that is a person who gets hung up on questions and doesn't finish test.

Whatever though I generally only worry about stupid qbs, olineman, and the kicker, but you never know.

Peterson and Green will be 2 of the, if not the 2 best players from this draft IMO. Von Miller also the more I watch him play football the more I think we draft him and let DJ hit the street. Use the 2nd round picks on the dlineman that fall.

Or Peterson then dlineman in the 2nd round.

cutthemdown
03-30-2011, 07:47 PM
If we draft a QB it would only be along with a big trade of one of the other ones, or both lol.

BroncoMan4ever
03-30-2011, 07:51 PM
When Peterson got interviewed he spoke well. Many times a low score like that is a person who gets hung up on questions and doesn't finish test.

Whatever though I generally only worry about stupid qbs, olineman, and the kicker, but you never know.

Peterson and Green will be 2 of the, if not the 2 best players from this draft IMO. Von Miller also the more I watch him play football the more I think we draft him and let DJ hit the street. Use the 2nd round picks on the dlineman that fall.

Or Peterson then dlineman in the 2nd round.

i am fine with letting DJ walk if we got a replacement.

and with Green, i think he will be a very good receiver, but Julio Jones will be the beast of the draft.

also, the only position that the wonderlic test scores matter to me is with QB, the rest i prefer just seeing game film. wasn't Clady graded at like 11

Arkie
03-30-2011, 08:37 PM
How many teams have ever taken a QB in round 1 in back to back years?

The Colts drafted Art Schlichter in 1982 and Elway in 83.

BowlenBall
03-30-2011, 08:41 PM
The Colts drafted Art Schlichter in 1982 and Elway in 83.

The Dallas Cowboys drafted Troy Aikman and Steve Walsh in the same year, I believe.

FireFly
03-30-2011, 08:41 PM

Why do you care what a kicker scores on the Wonderlic? Surely wind can't be that hard to work out?

misturanderson
03-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Poor man's Tebow.

More like homeless invalid's Tebow. How this worthless, non-productive piece of crap is constantly ranked as high as he has been makes absolutely no sense to me.

Sure he's athletic, but he can't throw the ball for ****.

yerner
03-30-2011, 09:04 PM
More like homeless invalid's Tebow. How this worthless, non-productive piece of crap is constantly ranked as high as he has been makes absolutely no sense to me.

Sure he's athletic, but he can't throw the ball for ****.

That's just not true.

misturanderson
03-30-2011, 09:18 PM
That's just not true.

How is it not true? He hasn't been impressively productive in a 2nd tier at best conference that plays poor defense. His completion percentage is absolute **** for a college QB and got worse over the last year. He doesn't have a very good TD:Int ratio. He can sometimes run very well on teams, that's about it. In unscripted situations, with real pressure, he has horrific accuracy issues.

Yes his surrounding cast was not great, but he got worse while the rest of the team got better.

How does anything he's done make him a better prospect than any of the other running QBs, with similar passing deficiencies, that don't get drafted until the late rounds as major projects? The guy was a 2nd rounder at best until the combine and pro day after how terrible he looked at the senior bowl.

strafen
03-30-2011, 09:47 PM
If Newton does not go first, then our chances of trading down diminish in my opinion.
If both Carolina and Denver go defense, then there will be 3 good QB's to pick from: Newton, Gabbert, and Locker. I think Locker is still a top 10 pick.
Buffalo picks 3rd and for all it appears, Newton is their guy...

AZorange1
03-30-2011, 09:51 PM
Just heard a few minutes ago that Shanny is interested in Locker. If he's working out with the Broncos on Fri, where do you suppose that puts Elways frame of mind?

Pony Boy
03-30-2011, 10:03 PM
Just heard a few minutes ago that Shanny is interested in Locker. If he's working out with the Broncos on Fri, where do you suppose that puts Elways frame of mind?

Like I said earlier there could be a little pre-draft shenanigans...... Oh and congrats on getting to the 100 post level. :thumbsup:

AZorange1
03-30-2011, 10:36 PM
Like I said earlier there could be a little pre-draft shenanigans...... Oh and congrats on getting to the 100 post level. :thumbsup:

Hey Thanks! Now all I gotta do is figure out how to attach things and all that. I've been trying to change my Avatar without much luck. I am just computer dense. Takes me hours to figure out things.:thanku:

Pony Boy
03-30-2011, 10:54 PM
Hey Thanks! Now all I gotta do is figure out how to attach things and all that. I've been trying to change my Avatar without much luck. I am just computer dense. Takes me hours to figure out things.:thanku:

That's what kid are for.

The Joker
03-31-2011, 02:02 AM
I'd be very surprised if anyone trades up for a QB to be honest.

None of them are worth investing multiple high draft picks in. I'd be wary of spending just one high pick on any of them, frankly.

cutthemdown
03-31-2011, 02:42 AM
Why do you care what a kicker scores on the Wonderlic? Surely wind can't be that hard to work out?

Lol I'm just kidding.

CEH
03-31-2011, 07:15 AM
Hey just saw this on PFT and this could be a very good thing for the Broncos, the more teams fall in love with the QB's in this draft, the better chance we have of trading down and still picking up one of the top-flight D prospects. It sounds like Locker absolutely lit up his pro-day and some are now calling him a top 10 pick. So now we have 3 top 10 QB's in play and 2 of the top 3 teams need QB's.

link:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/30/jake-locker-misfires-just-twice-at-washington-pro-day/

That workout was high school-ish. Short screen passes and slant patterns indoors with noone in his face. Not sure it changed anyone's opinion of Locker.

You liked him before you liked him after or vice versa

LonghornBronco
03-31-2011, 09:42 AM
I watched all of the guys on NFL network just slam him for his accuracy after they all saw his pro day, FWIW...

Of course Mayock was out, I think he actually likes him. I can't wait to hear him break down his pro day.

srphoenix
03-31-2011, 10:21 AM
That workout was high school-ish. Short screen passes and slant patterns indoors with noone in his face. Not sure it changed anyone's opinion of Locker.

You liked him before you liked him after or vice versa

Your right, here's the follow up to the original story:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/31/jake-lockers-pro-day-criticized-for-being-too-easy/

I personally don't think any of the qb's in this draft will be game changers, Mallet is a headcase, Locker just isn't that good, Newton I believe will end up similar to VY and Reggie Bush with more attention from off the field issues than his play quality. The most rounded is definitely Gabbert, but he should be the last thing the Broncos target come late April.