PDA

View Full Version : This weekend's movie to save you from the movies you hate

Chris
03-30-2011, 09:47 AM
http://www.overallsite.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Source-Code-Movie-trailer.jpg

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/source_code/#!reviews=all&page=1 (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/source_code/#%21reviews=all&page=1)

Beantown Bronco
03-30-2011, 09:49 AM
Definitely looks good to me.

Didn't realize it was the same director as Moon. I loved that movie.

Chris
03-30-2011, 09:56 AM
Moon was probably my favourite movie of the past few years.

Gort
03-30-2011, 10:17 AM
Definitely looks good to me.

Didn't realize it was the same director as Moon. I loved that movie.

it's leftwing propaganda.

the trailers and advertising for the movie do not show what it's really about. the movie is about finding a bomber. the usual leftist trope is trotted out because at first, the obvious suspect is a middle eastern guy. then the next suspect appears to be an anglo convert to islam. in both cases, the screenwriters get a chance to lecture the audience about the "evils of profiling" because both turn out to be innocent. care to guess who the eventual bomber turns out to be? yep! a middle class white guy "patriot" who is proud of his activities to try and "rebuild" the country from the rubble.

if this sounds like something you've seen before, it's because Law & Order has done about a half dozen TV episodes like this over the years.

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/jjmnolte/2011/03/10/sucker-punch-squad-review-terrorists-attack-america-in-source-code/

Beantown Bronco
03-30-2011, 10:29 AM
How about a spoiler alert next time? That's a real D-Bag maneuver right there.

oubronco
03-30-2011, 10:42 AM
I guess there's no need to see it now that we know what happens

bronco militia
03-30-2011, 10:45 AM
thanks for the warning...I'll wait for the rental and bitch about it then

Boobs McGee
03-30-2011, 10:50 AM
Wow galt, that was pretty thoughtless. How bout a spoiler alert next time ffs.

bronco militia
03-30-2011, 10:51 AM
Wow galt, that was pretty thoughtless. How bout a spoiler alert next time ffs.

did you guys not get the thread title?

BroncoMan4ever
03-30-2011, 10:56 AM
Moon was probably my favourite movie of the past few years.

i have the dvd but haven't gotten around to it. is it really that good of a movie

Beantown Bronco
03-30-2011, 10:56 AM
did you guys not get the thread title?

Huh? Are you confusing the OP with Gault's post? We're talking about Gault ruining the ending in HIS post.....not the original post by Chris.

What does the thread title have to do with ruining anything? He's actually encouraging us to see it.

bronco militia
03-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Huh? Are you confusing the OP with Gault's post? We're talking about Gault ruining the ending in HIS post.....not the original post by Chris.

What does the thread title have to do with ruining anything? He's actually encouraging us to see it.

lol..maybe i'm confused...I thought he was trying to warn us

BroncoMan4ever
03-30-2011, 11:05 AM
lol..maybe i'm confused...I thought he was trying to warn us

me 2. i thought he was saying this is a movie to see to avoid the movies we hate

jhns
03-30-2011, 11:13 AM
My weekend movies will be Takers and Black Swan. I have them both sitting at home. I don't know if they will get me away from movies I hate though. I might just get to add to the list of hated movies.

Gort
03-30-2011, 01:06 PM
How about a spoiler alert next time? That's a real D-Bag maneuver right there.

this movie doesn't deserve that courtesy. this film has yet another leftwing sucker punch ending and i'm sick of it. i'm sick of Hollywood making the typical American the enemy. in short, i'm sick of my values being attacked. i'm sick of being told that the real victims of 9/11 are American muslims. i'm sick of Hollywood movies that serve little purpose other than to push a partisan political agenda. i want this film to be a box office bomb and i really don't care if anyone thinks i'm a prick for omitting a spoiler alert. these leftwing movies have real world consequences and its time for these elitists liberals living in Malibu and Holmby Hills to get a kick in the pants.

Brian De Palma has American blood on his hands and i don't see anyone in the MSM screaming about it. his wildly anti-American movie called "Redacted" contained a fictional scene which was uploaded to Youtube as "fact" and which spurred a muslim in Germany to MURDER 2 American soldiers in cold blood.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/03/confirmed_frankfurt_jihadist_v.html

of course, if they made a movie about that, the muslim would be the victim and the actual murderer would be a Sarah Palin or Scott Walker supporter. that's what i'm sick of. so yeah... on this thread on this issue, i'll plead guilty to being a Dbag for omitting a spolier. but it's for a good reason.

bronco militia
03-30-2011, 01:15 PM
this movie doesn't deserve that courtesy. this film has yet another leftwing sucker punch ending and i'm sick of it. i'm sick of Hollywood making the typical American the enemy. in short, i'm sick of my values being attacked. i'm sick of being told that the real victims of 9/11 are American muslims. i'm sick of Hollywood movies that serve little purpose other than to push a partisan political agenda. i want this film to be a box office bomb and i really don't care if anyone thinks i'm a prick for omitting a spoiler alert. these leftwing movies have real world consequences and its time for these elitists liberals living in Malibu and Holmby Hills to get a kick in the pants.

Brian De Palma has American blood on his hands and i don't see anyone in the MSM screaming about it. his wildly anti-American movie called "Redacted" contained a fictional scene which was uploaded to Youtube as "fact" and which spurred a muslim in Germany to MURDER 2 American soldiers in cold blood.

of course, if they made a movie about that, the muslim would be the victim and the actual murderer would be a Sarah Palin or Scott Walker supporter. that's what i'm sick of. so yeah... on this thread on this issue, i'll plead guilty to being a Dbag for omitting a spolier. but it's for a good reason.

thanks...

Tombstone RJ
03-30-2011, 03:27 PM
it's leftwing propaganda.

the trailers and advertising for the movie do not show what it's really about. the movie is about finding a bomber. the usual leftist trope is trotted out because at first, the obvious suspect is a middle eastern guy. then the next suspect appears to be an anglo convert to islam. in both cases, the screenwriters get a chance to lecture the audience about the "evils of profiling" because both turn out to be innocent. care to guess who the eventual bomber turns out to be? yep! a middle class white guy "patriot" who is proud of his activities to try and "rebuild" the country from the rubble.

if this sounds like something you've seen before, it's because Law & Order has done about a half dozen TV episodes like this over the years.

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/jjmnolte/2011/03/10/sucker-punch-squad-review-terrorists-attack-america-in-source-code/

sounds like the PC movement strikes again.

Chris
03-30-2011, 03:30 PM
It's funny if you picture Bill Murray saying it in that hat.

Tombstone RJ
03-30-2011, 03:39 PM

What's so sad is the real enemy of the elitist left liberal agenda is the American middle class or the majority of mainstream America.

Chris
03-30-2011, 03:42 PM
Dude the only thing elitist are the republicans who give the highest earners tax breaks and **** their constituency day in and day out. "Elitist" and left doesn't really ring true if you consider that the far left is populist / very progressive meaning they believe in government as a means for helping all social "classes". Just saying.

Anyways... go see this movie!

Tombstone RJ
03-30-2011, 03:47 PM
Dude the only thing elitist are the republicans who give the highest earners tax breaks and **** their constituency day in and day out. "Elitist" and left doesn't really ring true if you consider that the far left is populist / very progressive meaning they believe in government as a means for helping all social "classes". Just saying.

Anyways... go see this movie!

The elitists are the liberals who think most Americans are too stupid to think for themselves, therefore they have to tell us or show us how to think, and the above movie is an example of this agenda. The Academic community throughout the universities and colleges in this country fit into this agenda too.

Washington DC fits into this agenda as well. All of Washington DC, both Democrats and Republicans. Fact is, both parties are banking on apathy from you and me. Apathy from mainstream America is what got most of these morons elected.

misturanderson
03-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Wow, this thread got off track for no ****ing reason whatsoever except random conspiracy theory.

The movie looks kind of stupid to me. I'll probably wait until it's free on the internet.

TheReverend
03-30-2011, 04:12 PM
Thought the movie looks bad. Real strong reviews though.

Saw Battle LA last night. Thought they realllllllllllllllllllllly depicted the Marine Corps incredibly accurately, especially for a sci fi-esque film.

Chris
03-30-2011, 04:25 PM
I think that's cynical but partly true (I don't think Obama was elected because of collective apathy). That's just my opinion though.

You're talking absolutes when that's just your political opinion.

mhgaffney
03-30-2011, 07:13 PM
Don't miss HEREAFTER and THE FIGHTER.

Both four out of four stars.

Chris
03-30-2011, 08:17 PM
The Fighter was my best picture.