PDA

View Full Version : Elway calls Cutler ďthe kind of player you donít give up onĒ

Jesterhole
03-26-2011, 10:25 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/26/elway-calls-cutler-the-kind-of-player-you-dont-give-up-on/

Lol, enjoy!

full article:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/4514254-419/elway-might-not-have-let-cutler-go.html

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-26-2011, 10:33 AM

elsid13
03-26-2011, 10:34 AM
17 pages easy

BroncoSojia
03-26-2011, 10:34 AM
Isn't this kinda disrespectful to the QB's already on the roster?

rugbythug
03-26-2011, 10:36 AM
Dan reeves says no

schaaf
03-26-2011, 10:39 AM
From the No **** section

ant1999e
03-26-2011, 10:42 AM
"Elway tried to make clear that he’s not second-guessing the decision-making process that led to the Broncos sending Cutler packing."

This is Broncos not Bears. Let it go.

KO5K
03-26-2011, 10:42 AM
In January, two days before the NFC title game, Elway talked about Cutler at length for 87.7 The Ticket in Denver.

The comments were made a while back, jhns has already been playing the 'Elway believes in Cutler' card for a while now...

There's also a reason that you don't hear many VPs on the radio/TV.

Dr. Broncenstein
03-26-2011, 10:50 AM
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/vaskidmark/deereatingpopcorn.gif

Beantown Bronco
03-26-2011, 11:00 AM
In January, two days before the NFC title game, Elway talked about Cutler at length for 87.7 The Ticket in Denver.

Asked by a radio station host if Cutler would still be a Bronco if he were in charge at the time, Elway said, ďThereís a good possibility, yeah.

ďI would say that. But I donít know. I wasnít in the middle of that. I didnít know Jay real well.

ďBut I would have done everything I can, especially when you have a talent like you have in Jay. Those guys donít come around very often.Ē

On Tuesday, Elway said he didnít remember that comment.

Oh, crap......looks like Bowlen's short term memory loss and dementia are contagious guys.

Popps
03-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Did someone say Jay Cutler?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a9lIvnAr01Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Did someone say give up?

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?categoryid=2459789&id=6053369

Boobs McGee
03-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Sooo, he doesn't remember saying that originally, then goes on to say he doesn't know WHAT he would have done because he didn't know all the circumstances, then goes on to say he'd take rodgers over cutler.

the phrase grasping at straws comes to mind

tsiguy96
03-26-2011, 11:03 AM
this has been argued for 2 years straight now, no one is ever changing their mind, can we please move on.

Cito Pelon
03-26-2011, 11:14 AM
this has been argued for 2 years straight now, no one is ever changing their mind, can we please move on.

Fat chance. This is gonna be argued for 20 years. A massive trade like that? Please.

Dr. Broncenstein
03-26-2011, 11:17 AM

That's not how the internets work.

ColoradoDarin
03-26-2011, 11:18 AM
We landed on the moon?

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-f_DPrSEOEo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-f_DPrSEOEo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

rugbythug
03-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Fat chance. This is gonna be argued for 20 years. A massive trade like that? Please.

Tebow superbowl would end nothing else. Well maybe curled going to prison.

misturanderson
03-26-2011, 11:26 AM
Tebow superbowl would end nothing else. Well maybe curled going to prison.

Please stop posting with your phone. You aren't doing it right.

chawknz
03-26-2011, 11:26 AM
Sigh, why is he even talking about Cutler. Just let that crap go. Dude's a quitter and we don't need any more of those here in Denver.

Tombstone RJ
03-26-2011, 11:54 AM

this will be debated until the Broncos win a SB with Tebow, then it will be buried...

Archer81
03-26-2011, 12:14 PM
Old news is old.

:Broncos:

colonelbeef
03-26-2011, 12:17 PM

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a9lIvnAr01Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Did someone say give up?

lol, now Poops is arguing with John Elway on QB qualities

OABB
03-26-2011, 12:23 PM
Talented yes. Good, no. End thread.

HEAV
03-26-2011, 12:25 PM
Cutler gave up on the Broncos first.

elsid13
03-26-2011, 12:30 PM
The comments were made a while back, jhns has already been playing the 'Elway believes in Cutler' card for a while now...

There's also a reason that you don't hear many VPs on the radio/TV.

Asked Tuesday at the owners meetings if he would have traded Cutler, now the teamís executive vice president, told the Chicago Sun-Times, ďThatís hard to say because I donít know all the circumstances.

ďBut I do know how hard it is to get a guy who has that much talent at the position.Ē

This is a new story written on Mar 26, 2011

Cito Pelon
03-26-2011, 12:30 PM
this will be debated until the Broncos win a SB with Tebow, then it will be buried...

I can see that, but even so, could have won two SB's with Cutler, Shanahan, Brandon Marshall, Tony Scheffler, and Hillis.

Maybe three SB's if they didn't draft Moreno and drafted Orakpo.

Maybe four SB's if Mike Nolan wasn't run out of town.

Maybe five SB's if Bowlen was more than a vegetable.

Archer81
03-26-2011, 12:32 PM
Asked Tuesday at the owners meetings if he would have traded Cutler, now the teamís executive vice president, told the Chicago Sun-Times, ďThatís hard to say because I donít know all the circumstances.

ďBut I do know how hard it is to get a guy who has that much talent at the position.Ē

This is a new story written on Mar 26, 2011

Fairly sure this same exact question was posed to Elway a few months ago. Pretty sure John said the same thing then as he does here. This is a non story.

tsiguy96
03-26-2011, 12:33 PM
I can see that, but even so, could have won two SB's with Cutler, Shanahan, Brandon Marshall, Tony Scheffler, and Hillis.

good lord

cutthemdown
03-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Elway being a genius. He really has people thinking he wants to draft a QB.

oubronco
03-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Hillis is a Beast

Cito Pelon
03-26-2011, 12:53 PM
Hillis is a Beast

Made Ray Lewis rabid to stop the white boy. Brothas had to stop that white boy.

Broncobiv
03-26-2011, 01:01 PM
We should've offered Jason Elam $7M/year to stay with Denver instead of running him out of town! FOOLS!!

DHallblows
03-26-2011, 01:10 PM

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j224/mavericklink7/lolcopter.gif

crush17
03-26-2011, 01:21 PM
lol who freaking cares about Jay Quitler.

he'll never win anything in this league.

TheReverend
03-26-2011, 01:22 PM

...so you realize firing Mike was the biggest mistake the franchise ever made?

TheReverend
03-26-2011, 01:22 PM
lol who freaking cares about Jay Quitler.

he'll never win anything in this league.

He just won a division championship and played in the NFC title game a few months ago....

crush17
03-26-2011, 01:33 PM
lol and then he proceeded to quit on his team in the most important game of the season.

real winner right there!

TheReverend
03-26-2011, 01:36 PM
lol and then he proceeded to quit on his team in the most important game of the season.

real winner right there!

His knee was wobbling in the huddle and the coaches pulled him out...

oubronco
03-26-2011, 01:37 PM

Don't let the facts get in the way

crush17
03-26-2011, 01:39 PM
lol believe whatever you want. he was fine walking around that night after the game and in beverly hills a few days later too.

your stories are just as substantiated as mine.

TheReverend
03-26-2011, 01:41 PM
lol believe whatever you want. he was fine walking around that night after the game and in beverly hills a few days later too.

your stories are just as substantiated as mine.

You mean the quotes directly from Lovie Smith?

cutthemdown
03-26-2011, 01:50 PM
He just won a division championship and played in the NFC title game a few months ago....

So he has done what Plummer has done. We all know that in NFL unless you win it all you're a loser. Cutler still has a chance obviously but really he hasn't won anything yet.

Besides the defense for the Bears gave up what 16.5 points a game, something like that? Had Broncos done that there is a good chance Orton could at least get us to Championship game.

oubronco
03-26-2011, 02:01 PM
So he has done what Plummer has done. We all know that in NFL unless you win it all you're a loser. Cutler still has a chance obviously but really he hasn't won anything yet.

Besides the defense for the Bears gave up what 16.5 points a game, something like that? Had Broncos done that there is a good chance Orton could at least get us to Championship game.

:spit: sorry but Hilarious! LOL

Cito Pelon
03-26-2011, 02:04 PM
...so you realize firing Mike was the biggest mistake the franchise ever made?

Shanny was used up in Denver.

tsiguy96
03-26-2011, 02:05 PM
cant believe people still attribute chicago making NFC title game on cutler. he led the 21st ranked offense, while they had a top 5 defense in essentially every category you can measure. but cutler did all that...

just crazy.

TheReverend
03-26-2011, 02:11 PM
Shanny was used up in Denver.

:spit:

Missouribronc
03-26-2011, 02:12 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fXzakUacf8c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cito Pelon
03-26-2011, 02:13 PM

Cutler is a good QB, but somehow manages to lead the NFL in turnovers year after year. He'll give you plenty of great plays, and maybe he can limit the WTF's as his career progresses.

2KBack
03-26-2011, 02:16 PM
:spit: sorry but Hilarious! LOL

What part are you laughing at? You Doubt that Denver could have made it to the AFCCG with Orton and a defense giving up 16 points a game? I'd say that isn't even an arguable point considering Orton went 10-5 as a rookie with the bears riding the defense, and he is a much better player now. A QB can ride a defense to the Championship games....it's happened to the Bears a lot, The Steelers, The Ravens, The Bucs, The Pre-Elway Broncos...etc.

Cito Pelon
03-26-2011, 02:20 PM

And he wanted to be pulled because he was stinking it up is what many say. He used a minor knee injury to back out of the biggest game of his life. Dude was chasing his GF up some stairs the night of the NFCCG.

crush17
03-26-2011, 02:25 PM
And he wanted to be pulled because he was stinking it up is what many say. He used a minor knee injury to back out of the biggest game of his life. Dude was chasing his GF up some stairs the night of the NFCCG.

Seriously. Why some of you continue to have a hard on for such a mediocre, douche bag of a QB is beyond me.

Punisher
03-26-2011, 02:27 PM
http://blogs4food.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/29_cheesesteak_lg.jpg

Missouribronc
03-26-2011, 02:27 PM

Well, to be fair, Cutler is like a 6 and Cavilerri is like a 9, and if I was Cutler in that situation, I'd chase her wherever she wanted to go, even with a bum knee.

Just saying.

DivineBronco
03-26-2011, 02:28 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/22/lovie-smith-why-question-cutler-but-not-woodson-and-driver/

the total lack of sense shown by lovie in trying to compare these scenarios is AMAZING

TheReverend
03-26-2011, 02:30 PM
Cutler is a good QB, but somehow manages to lead the NFL in turnovers year after year. He'll give you plenty of great plays, and maybe he can limit the WTF's as his career progresses.

Weird. Because 2009 was the only year he lead the league in turnovers.

Cute story, but I'll stick to first hand facts.

Here's what Lovie has to say about it:

"To me the story should have been, how tough a player Jay Cutler really is. He was hurt, but he just wouldn't take that. He still tried to go back out there and help his team win."

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2011/03/lovie_smith_fleshes_out_handli.html

OABB
What were cutlers stats before the medial collateral labia pull again?

And whats that saying about good players playing well in big games?

And by big games I don't mean a playoff game at home against the worst playoff team in histoy.

JCMElway
Talented yes. Good, no. End thread.

This.

2KBack
Seriously. Why some of you continue to have a hard on for such a mediocre, douche bag of a QB is beyond me.

Arguing about our QB's is so completely unnecessary at this point. If it is one thing that was proved by Chicago and Denver the last couple years, it's that defense is the better indicator of success.

Over the last 2 seasons Orton was 9-2 (.888) when the defense held the opponent to 20 or fewer points, Cutler was 13-4 (.693). I'd take either of those win Pct. thank you very much....now let's fix the goddamn defense. I promise 100% of will be happy (.1000)

JCMElway
03-26-2011, 02:31 PM
Cutler gave up on the Broncos first.

And This.

crush17
03-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Arguing about our QB's is so completely unnecessary at this point. If it is one thing that was proved by Chicago and Denver the last couple years, it's that defense is the better indicator of success.

Over the last 2 seasons Orton was 9-2 (.888) when the defense held the opponent to 20 or fewer points, Cutler was 13-4 (.693). I'd take either of those win Pct. thank you very much....now let's fix the goddamn defense. I promise 100% of will be happy (.1000)

I agree with you.

TheReverend
03-26-2011, 02:33 PM
What were cutlers stats before the medial collateral labia pull again?

And whats that saying about good players playing well in big games?

And by big games I don't mean a playoff game at home against the worst playoff team in histoy.

Then define "big game"?

Or is the NFCCG the ONLY qualifier to you?

Broncobiv
03-26-2011, 02:35 PM

"To me the story should have been, how tough a player Jay Cutler really is. He was hurt, but he just wouldn't take that. He still tried to go back out there and help his team win."

I couldn't give a **** about what Lovie had to say about it. He's just protecting his QB to the media. What do you expect him to do...throw Cutler under the bus and call him out for being a bitch?

I watched the game. We all did. And we all saw Jay riding the stationary bike and sitting on the bench with that glazed-over, uninterested look while his backup was attempting to look over photos and plays and do what he could to pull Chicago out of the hold Cutler had dug them into.

Good for you. Look at your "facts". But again, what else do you expect Lovie to say? Who knows what he really thinks behind closed doors!

TheReverend
03-26-2011, 02:38 PM
I couldn't give a **** about what Lovie had to say about it. He's just protecting his QB to the media. What do you expect him to do...throw Cutler under the bus and call him out for being a b****?

I watched the game. We all did. And we all saw Jay riding the stationary bike and sitting on the bench with that glazed-over, uninterested look while his backup was attempting to look over photos and plays and do what he could to pull Chicago out of the hold Cutler had dug them into.

Good for you. Look at your "facts". But again, what else do you expect Lovie to say? Who knows what he really thinks behind closed doors!

Ahahahaha.

So...

We should disregard what the medical professionals and coaches say and go with personal opinion based on the few minutes of TV we saw?

Sounds good bro! Thanks for the solid argument!

OABB
03-26-2011, 02:38 PM
No. The afc championship would count too. Or a superbowl. Or a divisional playoff game against a team with a winning record. Or the San Fran game to clinch a playoff birth... Or any of the last three games to clinch a plyoff birth with a three game lead in the division.

Any of those, really.

schaaf
03-26-2011, 02:41 PM
Everybody Wang Chung Tonight???

OABB
03-26-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm not fighting. I think cutler is talented as all hell.

He just isn't a good quarterback is all.

He could be, but he's not.

I could be a ninja, but I'm not.

TheReverend
03-26-2011, 02:45 PM
No. The afc championship would count too. Or a superbowl. Or a divisional playoff game against a team with a winning record.

Okay, I'll have to remember that 11-5 and beating the team that beat the reigning superbowl champions included winning no big games.

Or the San Fran game to clinch a playoff birth...

He had a concussion and Plummer came in to immediately throw a pick. Strong memory though.

Or any of the last three games to clinch a plyoff birth with a three game lead in the division.

He did just that hanging 40 pts on the Vikes D and then following it up with a 38 pt performance against the #3 defense in the NFL and AFCCG players NYJ.

Any of those, really.

Stick to arguing with idiots. You're not "winning" so much here, kiddo.

schaaf
03-26-2011, 02:45 PM
I'm not fighting. I think cutler is talented as all hell.

He just isn't a good quarterback is all.

He could be, but he's not.

I could be a ninja, but I'm not.

eh... I wouldn't go that far :D

Missouribronc
03-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Okay, I'll have to remember that 11-5 and beating the team that beat the reigning superbowl champions included winning no big games.

He had a concussion and Plummer came in to immediately throw a pick. Strong memory though.

He did just that hanging 40 pts on the Vikes D and then following it up with a 38 pt performance against the #3 defense in the NFL and AFCCG players NYJ.

Leave JAY ALONE!

Cito Pelon
03-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Well, to be fair, Cutler is like a 6 and Cavilerri is like a 9, and if I was Cutler in that situation, I'd chase her wherever she wanted to go, even with a bum knee.

Just saying.

True. Honestly, the scent of that could diminish pain.

OABB
03-26-2011, 02:50 PM

lol. You know I love you rev.... But, and it's a big one, cutler does not have a great history in big games. I've defined your terms and explained why.

I have never argue that he wasn't talented. But in the NFCcg. The games that defined Montana(the catch) and elway(the drive) and Tom Brady and Bradshaw and etc etc... Cutler was Abysmal! He's lucky he was injured or he could have set records for inneptitude.

That's a big game, my friend. A game that makes you great, or even good, and he was terrible.

Absolute terrible.

You can look past that if you want, or change the debate...

But it's there right in front of you.

Ignore it if you must. I can't.

TheReverend
03-26-2011, 02:50 PM
Leave JAY ALONE!

I could care less if people leave him alone or not.

Just bring some real facts to the table with arguments.

TheReverend
03-26-2011, 02:51 PM
lol. You know I love you rev.... But, and it's a big one, cutler does not have a great history in big games. I've defined your terms and explained why.

I have never argue that he wasn't talented. But in the NFCcg. The games that defined Montana(the catch) and elway(the drive) and Tom Brady and Bradshaw and etc etc... Cutler was Abysmal! He's lucky he was injured or he could have set records for inneptitude.

That's a big game, my friend. A game that makes you great, or even good, and he was terrible.

Absolute terrible.

You can look past that if you want, or change the debate...

But it's there right in front of you.

Ignore it if you must. I can't.

Ha!

Do you realize how much time Elway spent being called abysmal in big games?

Requiem
03-26-2011, 02:51 PM
Jay is a loser. A better JP Losman.

Cito Pelon
03-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Weird. Because 2009 was the only year he lead the league in turnovers.

Cute story, but I'll stick to first hand facts.

Turnovers DOES include fumbles lost, not just INT's.

2KBack
03-26-2011, 02:55 PM
Ha!

He (Elway) absolutely was abysmal in big games, he just had the knack for overcoming that at the end. I wouldn't say Jay has showed that kind of it factor yet. That was painfully obvious when Tebow managed to show such a factor in only three games time.

TheReverend
03-26-2011, 02:56 PM
Let's break it down nice and simple for the slow kids.

2 teams start off on very similar ground.

Team 1 is 8-8 with a pro bowl QB

Team 2 is 9-7 with a QB they're going to cut

Team 2 trades for Team 1's QB

Team 2 operates at a heavy draft penalty

Team 1 operates at a heavy draft surplus

Team 2 is in the NFCCG and loses to the SB Champions

Team 1 is the WORST team in the NFL (sorry, Carolina had a MUCH tougher schedule)

Team 2 is now finished with their draft penalty and can stock pile solid OL

Team 1 is now rebuilding from scratch

lol

OABB
03-26-2011, 02:57 PM
Ha!

I knew you'd go there man.

Elway had a history of winning big games before the superbowl losses.

The knock on him was he couldn't win THE big game.

That would be a huge upgrade to cutler right now. Cutler can't even win A big game.

TheReverend
03-26-2011, 02:57 PM
Turnovers DOES include fumbles lost, not just INT's.

Yup. Like I said. 09 the only year.

TheReverend
03-26-2011, 02:58 PM
I knew you'd go there man.

Elway had a history of winning big games before the superbowl losses.

The knock on him was he couldn't win THE big game.

That would be a huge upgrade to cutler right now. Cutler can't even win A big game.

I just listed several big games he won to clinch the division and proceed to play the SB champs in the NFCCG.

Can you please try and bring SOMETHING to the table?

"Losing"

OABB
03-26-2011, 03:03 PM
I just listed several big games he won to clinch the division and proceed to play the SB champs in the NFCCG.

Can you please try and bring SOMETHING to the table?

"Losing"

I listed 3 divisional clinching games in a row, a seperate 4th one, and a nfccg.

I also mention the divisional game he won, but was very clear that his opponant was THE WORST TEAM EVER To make the playoffs in THE HISTORY of the NFL.

So, I have brought a lot to the table.

Oh, and you never mentioned his first half of absolute embarrass in the nfccg.

So, that half didn't happen then?

And the "winning" and "losing" only works when you are arguing against an idiot.

Neither of us are.

So far I have 5 clear examples of big games cutler lost.

5 is more than 0.

2KBack
03-26-2011, 03:06 PM

Team 1 is the WORST team in the NFL (sorry, Carolina had a MUCH tougher schedule)

lol

I think you missed a season in your break down. The one where Team 1 was 8-8 and Team 2 was 7-9. A lot happens in a season, and what was done to Denver by McD has been discussed to death and for the most part agreed that it was a disaster. I'm still of the opinion that the trade didn't doom Denver...how the booty was spent did, not to mention a gross lack of coaches. Most, if not all, of the factors you mentioned have little to do with Cutler and Orton, especially considering how similar their individual performances have been.

I stand by the opinion that the differences in the successes of these two teams lays squarely with the Defense.

OABB
03-26-2011, 03:06 PM
And please don't resort to grammar insults rev. I know I'm terrible at spelling especially from an iPod.

DivineBronco
03-26-2011, 03:15 PM
we have not even gotten the wisdom of the two biggest Cutler lovers on the board can't wait to see how they chime in.
Now that I think about it one of them never even commented on the NFC championship game so maybe he is out of the club.

cutthemdown
03-26-2011, 03:26 PM
cant believe people still attribute chicago making NFC title game on cutler. he led the 21st ranked offense, while they had a top 5 defense in essentially every category you can measure. but cutler did all that...

just crazy.

Exactly. I point that out and people say I am drinking koolaid. Still what we got for Cutler doesn't really look great so trade probably not a slam dunk. All I am saying is Cutler got ball back a ton of times last yr, didn't score, then got ball back again, didn't score, then finally got something done enough to win games.

Also Hester gave him great field position all yr. Defense was ranked top 5 right? something close to that probably but I didn't check. I do know that most teams could do pretty well only giving up 2 tds and a FG a game.

broncosteven
03-26-2011, 04:24 PM

lol

REP

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-26-2011, 04:26 PM

lol

Shhhhh! People don't like the truth.

OABB
03-26-2011, 04:29 PM
I think we stepped back when we traded jay. However that's like cheating on your fat girlfriend with an ugly one.

OABB
03-26-2011, 04:31 PM
And rev, where did you go? Don't make me say winning!

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-26-2011, 04:32 PM
I think we stepped back when we traded jay. However that's like cheating on your fat girlfriend with an ugly one.

Yes! With your fat girlfriend you ask her to lose weight. What are you going to do with an ugly one?

elsid13
03-26-2011, 04:32 PM
Unfortunately for us, Denver got two of the biggest arrogant stubborn SOBs in most important positions (HC and QB) for team. Both idiots were extremely talented but to stupid to realize that needed each other, now we are paying for them both being pricks.

TDmvp
03-26-2011, 04:34 PM
As a outsider who has never been to Denver but is a life long Broncos fan I must say when I was little I used to think Broncos fans was somehow smarter and better fans then in the city I live.

After watching how they acted about Cutler I see they are no smarter , no better...

OABB
03-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Yes! With your fat girlfriend you ask her to lose weight. What are you going to do with an ugly one?

If she loses weight, you win.
If she continues to pound the bigmacs and than fakes a knee injury to get out of excersize, it's time to move on.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-26-2011, 04:36 PM
Of she loses weight, you win.
If she continues to pound the bigmacs and than fakes a knee injury to get out of excersize, it's time to move on.

That's when you cut the fat b!otch loose.

SoCalBronco
03-26-2011, 04:38 PM
Good for John. I definitely approve of that. :thumbsup:

Take that old man...you biatch.

SoCalBronco
03-26-2011, 04:42 PM

lol

Advantage: Team 2.

OABB
03-26-2011, 05:21 PM
Team 1 has tebow, so I'm gonna say team 1.

rugbythug
03-26-2011, 05:33 PM

lol

Seems to me we are missing a season. Plus how far removed from the sb were the bears?

Taco John
03-26-2011, 05:55 PM
It was stupid of Bowlen and Josh to run him out of town. I'm happy to have Tebow, but giving up on Cutler was definitely stupid. Happy to hear The Duke speaking some truth.

OABB
03-26-2011, 05:58 PM
It was stupid of Bowlen and Josh to run him out of town. I'm happy to have Tebow, but giving up on Cutler was definitely stupid. Happy to hear The Duke speaking some truth.

Someone should in this post.

peacepipe
03-26-2011, 07:30 PM
this will be debated until the Broncos win a SB with Tebow, then it will be buried...in that case,our great grand children will still be talking about it.

broncosteven
03-26-2011, 08:08 PM

It was stupid of Bowlen to let a 1st time 32 year old with a Napoleon complex run Cutler out of town.

Had it not got out that mCd was looking to acquire Cassel things would be a whole lot different.

Either way I am glad both are gone and just hope there is football to watch next fall.

oubronco
03-26-2011, 09:18 PM
http://htmlgiant.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/nachos11_03_06.jpg

Eldorado
03-26-2011, 09:19 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fXzakUacf8c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I luld.

oubronco
03-26-2011, 09:20 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSm5VxwPL6U5JErMORZsSYuRqSJRDVez COs9MFk5D0pTkQ2LsX3

oubronco
03-26-2011, 09:21 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdVd8Ujg7Q_eyHigXhYlbg3-5XnZ6x2YbVakCC5TCUAbL4a1Lf

oubronco
03-26-2011, 09:21 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtYO6OU47X3ySQ9qFchHL94FlG5_8Q0 WbZuiHqRQeDa3HoXYS35Q

oubronco
03-26-2011, 09:22 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UIXOn06Pz70/SV1xDWH4YAI/AAAAAAAAF1o/RPDxgBE8zjg/s800/Sichuan+Peppercorn+Tenderloin+Steak+500.jpg

oubronco
03-26-2011, 09:23 PM
http://www.scientificamerican.com/media/inline/blog/Image/Pepperoni_pizza.jpg

oubronco
03-26-2011, 09:25 PM
http://www.venisonworld.com/custom/photos/VenisonBackstrap_B_M.jpg

oubronco
03-26-2011, 09:26 PM
http://jamesblowers.name/__oneclick_uploads/2007/12/bbq-ribs.jpg

oubronco
03-26-2011, 09:38 PM
http://usefulthings.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/6782771-tall-glass-of-beer.jpg

oubronco
03-26-2011, 09:39 PM
http://onelin.com/files/killians_in_glass.jpg

oubronco
03-26-2011, 09:39 PM
http://stuffeducatedlatinoslike.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/beer.jpg

oubronco
03-26-2011, 09:40 PM
http://blog.collegebars.net/uploads/10-reasons-to-drink-beer/10-reasons-to-drink-beer-3.jpg

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-26-2011, 09:43 PM
Damn it, you guys are making me hungry. But I think that Blond is making eyes at me. LOL

Tombstone RJ
03-26-2011, 09:47 PM
http://blog.collegebars.net/uploads/10-reasons-to-drink-beer/10-reasons-to-drink-beer-3.jpg

heaven...

oubronco
03-26-2011, 09:51 PM
http://www.tailgatingideas.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/oktoberfest_girl.jpg

Tombstone RJ
03-26-2011, 09:53 PM
oh my...

BroncoMan4ever
03-26-2011, 10:36 PM
anyone think Elway would like to take these words back after watching CUtler b**** it up in the playoffs?

do you think Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Rodgers or any other QB comes out of a playoff game willingly?

this guy wouldn't

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6AQWaQkArpE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KevinJames
03-26-2011, 11:41 PM
this screams Jake Locker in the 2nd round.

elsid13
03-27-2011, 04:52 AM
anyone think Elway would like to take these words back after watching CUtler b**** it up in the playoffs?

do you think Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Rodgers or any other QB comes out of a playoff game willingly?

this guy wouldn't

The comments were from last Tuesday, so what do you think?

Miss I.
03-27-2011, 05:40 AM
Damn it, you guys are making me hungry. But I think that Blond is making eyes at me. LOL

Those aren't her eyes. you need to look up a little to see those. ;D

elsid13
03-27-2011, 06:13 AM
Those aren't her eyes. you need to look up a little to see those. ;D

Women have eyes? When did that happen?

2KBack
03-27-2011, 07:08 AM
The comments were from last Tuesday, so what do you think?

The comments were made before the NFCCG, last Tuesday he said he didn't remember making them.

elsid13
03-27-2011, 07:12 AM
The comments were made before the NFCCG, last Tuesday he said he didn't remember making them.

"Asked Tuesday at the owners meetings if he would have traded Cutler, Elway, now the team’s executive vice president, told the Sun-Times, “That’s hard to say because I don’t know all the circumstances.

“But I do know how hard it is to get a guy who has that much talent at the position.”"

The article was written Mar 27, 2011 and posted 02:24AM

There are two different lines in the article. One from last week that I just posted again and one for the January. I don't understand why some are confusing the two.

2KBack
03-27-2011, 07:20 AM
"Asked Tuesday at the owners meetings if he would have traded Cutler, Elway, now the teamís executive vice president, told the Sun-Times, ďThatís hard to say because I donít know all the circumstances.

ďBut I do know how hard it is to get a guy who has that much talent at the position.Ē"

The article was written Mar 27, 2011 and posted 02:24AM

There are two different lines in the article. One from last week that I just posted again and one for the January. I don't understand why some are confusing the two.

Because the article mixes them pretty well. That said, there isn't anything new in the article, lots of talk about talent (inarguable) untapped. Lots of "could be" without any "is." I did like this little quote though...

ďI had a great deal of respect for his playing ability. Other than that . . .Ē

Elway didnít finish the thought but added, ďI thought he could be a guy who could be a great player.Ē

Cito Pelon
03-27-2011, 09:34 AM
Yup. Like I said. 09 the only year.

Well, let's take a look at the stats.

Jay Cutler's turnover history:

2006 - 5 games, 5 fumbles lost, 5 INT's
2007 - 16 games, 8 fumbles lost, 14 INT's
2008 - 16 games, 5 fumbles lost, 18 INT's
2009 - 16 games, 4 fumbles lost, 26 INT's
2010 - 15 games, 9 fumbles lost, 16 INT's

Total turnovers:

68 games, 31 fumbles lost, 79 INT's = 110 turnovers

Total Touchdowns:

68 games, 104 TD passes, 5 rushing TD's = 109 TD's

Cutler has more turnovers than TD's.

HAT
03-27-2011, 09:49 AM

Holy crap, really?

I had no idea Rev was still so jilted.....It's borderline jhns-ish.

Cuck Futler.

TheReverend
03-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Well, let's take a look at the stats.

Jay Cutler's turnover history:

2006 - 5 games, 5 fumbles lost, 5 INT's
2007 - 16 games, 8 fumbles lost, 14 INT's
2008 - 16 games, 5 fumbles lost, 18 INT's
2009 - 16 games, 4 fumbles lost, 26 INT's
2010 - 15 games, 9 fumbles lost, 16 INT's

Total turnovers:

68 games, 31 fumbles lost, 79 INT's = 110 turnovers

Total Touchdowns:

68 games, 104 TD passes, 5 rushing TD's = 109 TD's

Actually, it's like this:

2006 - 2 fumbles lost
2007 - 4 fumbles lost
2008 - 1 fumble lost
2009 - 2 fumbles lost
2010 - 6 fumbles lost

Here's a link. You should learn how to read.

http://www.nfl.com/players/jaycutler/profile?id=CUT288111

Holy crap, really?

I had no idea Rev was still so jilted.....It's borderline jhns-ish.

Cuck Futler.

Yeah, like I just showed. Not really.

Not even close.

You kids are cute making up fictional stats though.

jhns
03-28-2011, 07:09 AM
Yeah, Elway said it was a mistake right after the trade and hasn't backed down from that. He, like most, thinks McDaniels is a dumbass. It is funny that there are still McDaniels fans here trying to defend that dumbass trade. The guy currently running this team says you are all dumbasses.

jhns
03-28-2011, 07:13 AM

2006 - 2 fumbles lost
2007 - 4 fumbles lost
2008 - 1 fumble lost
2009 - 2 fumbles lost
2010 - 6 fumbles lost

LOL

These guys actually defended what McDaniels did here. They are still trying to defend it. Is it really a surprise that they don't know the basics, like what a turnover is?

~Crash~
03-28-2011, 08:51 AM

Did someone say give up?

LOL yep popps you never ever had any faith in the SOB... :welcome: Yep you can be a tool when you need what I call forgiveness..

Cito Pelon
03-28-2011, 09:31 AM

2006 - 2 fumbles lost
2007 - 4 fumbles lost
2008 - 1 fumble lost
2009 - 2 fumbles lost
2010 - 6 fumbles lost

Yeah, like I just showed. Not really.

Not even close.

You kids are cute making up fictional stats though.

OK, so using those fumbles lost stats, Cutler still only has 15 more TD's than turnovers. That's not real great, Rev, please. If you like Cutler, that's fine with me, but don't get all upset if someone points out his TD-to-turnover ratio is not so good.

I used NFL.com's stats and did a TD-to-turnover ratio and compared Cutler to some other QB's - Rodgers, Rivers, Eli, Brees, Roethlisberger. The only worse ratio than Cutler's was Eli (barely).

The three worst was Roeth had a .700 ratio, Eli .867, Cutler .862.

jhns
03-28-2011, 09:38 AM
Why would you take McDaniels side over Elways? Especially when it is so obvious that you are wrong?

TheReverend
03-28-2011, 09:41 AM
OK, so using those fumbles lost stats, Cutler still only has 15 more TD's than turnovers. That's not real great, Rev, please. If you like Cutler, that's fine with me, but don't get all upset if someone points out his TD-to-turnover ratio is not so good.

I used NFL.com's stats and did a TD-to-turnover ratio and compared Cutler to some other QB's - Rodgers, Rivers, Eli, Brees, Roethlisberger. The only worse ratio than Cutler's was Eli (barely).

The three worst was Roeth had a .700 ratio, Eli .867, Cutler .862.

So the story changes again!

First it was leads the league in turnovers year after year.

Sorry, showed that isn't true.

Then it was "More TO's than TDs!"

Sorry, also not true.

Now it's, here's his TD to TO ratio!

Well here's the TD:TO ratio of a "game manager": .865

Worse than Cutler's... know who that is? Kyle Orton

And no, I'm not upset about that, I'm upset that you needed to completely falsify and make up stats to try and make a "point".

Anxiously awaiting your next bull**** "point" in your increasingly transforming "argument".

Cito Pelon
03-28-2011, 10:10 AM

So the story changes again!

First it was leads the league in turnovers year after year.

Sorry, showed that isn't true.

Then it was "More TO's than TDs!"

Sorry, also not true.

Now it's, here's his TD to TO ratio!

Well here's the TD:TO ratio of a "game manager": .865

Worse than Cutler's... know who that is? Kyle Orton

And no, I'm not upset about that, I'm upset that you needed to completely falsify and make up stats to try and make a "point".

Anxiously awaiting your next bull**** "point" in your increasingly transforming "argument".

I figured that would be your response. As I've said many times, you're one of the Mane's best Sophists.

So, let me ask you this - if Kyle Orton's TD:TO ratio is .865, what does that say about Jay Cutler with a TD:TO ratio of .862?

tsiguy96
03-28-2011, 10:12 AM
I figured that would be your response. As I've said many times, you're one of the Mane's best Sophists.

So, let me ask you this - if Kyle Orton's TD:TO ratio is .865, what does that say about Jay Cutler with a TD:TO ratio of .862?

im really over this debate as no one is ever, ever going to change their view on it, and at this point the other players acquired in cutler trade need to do something to really make this trade a true win for denver, and i dont think kyle orton is the long term answer for this team (good enough to be an NFL starter, not good enough to stop looking for a replacement). but thats funny.

TheReverend
03-28-2011, 10:13 AM

Well let's see...

One is a check down wonder.

One actually plays the QB spot like he's supposed to.

You tell me what that says when our fan base bashes the guy that got shipped out of town for too many turnovers, and meanwhile our "Game Manager" has a worse TD:TO ratio.

tsiguy96
03-28-2011, 10:15 AM
Well let's see...

You tell me what that says when our fan base bashes the guy that got shipped out of town for too many turnovers, and meanwhile our "Game Manager" has a worse TD:TO ratio.

didnt orton finish with more long plays than any other QB in the league this year? and as a bronco, orton has pretty decent TD:TO ratio, 48:27 is pretty good id say.

2KBack
03-28-2011, 10:36 AM
Well let's see...

Probably because we are judging them based on their performance with their new teams. This is where Cutler has a TD:TO ration of .961 while Orton's is .659.

Cito Pelon
03-28-2011, 10:36 AM

im really over this debate as no one is ever, ever going to change their view on it, and at this point the other players acquired in cutler trade need to do something to really make this trade a true win for denver, and i dont think kyle orton is the long term answer for this team (good enough to be an NFL starter, not good enough to stop looking for a replacement). but thats funny.

True as true can be.

TheReverend
03-28-2011, 10:40 AM
Probably because we are judging them based on their performance with their new teams. This is where Cutler has a TD:TO ration of .961 while Orton's is .659.

Good point. Let's look at their performance with their new teams.

- Orton won 2 games and was benched for a project rookie.

- Cutler went to the NFCCG.

jhns
03-28-2011, 10:41 AM
didnt orton finish with more long plays than any other QB in the league this year?

Nope. He did guide the team to its worst ever NFL season though. Cutler managed 8-8 with the same defense and a worse special teams.

Elway is in charge of personnel. Elway says it was a dumb trade. Some of you McDaniels fans must be worried about this teams future. I am still not understanding why anyone would be trying to justify the moves that McDaniels made. I guess McDaniels fans didn't care to actually watch football last season.

Cito Pelon
03-28-2011, 10:46 AM
Well let's see...

Cutler is a pretty good QB. He can move the chains with his legs, has a dynamite arm, has had some problems between the ears so far.

The OP was Cutler "is the kind of guy you don't give up on." I can pretty much agree with that. Cutler hasn't excelled, but he still has potential. My first post when Cutler was traded was, "He needs to mature, I was hoping he would mature in Denver."

We'll see how Cutler pans out in the next 5 years. Obviously he has to better his TD:TO ratio, his ratio isn't very good so far.

2KBack
03-28-2011, 10:54 AM

Ha! Rev I know you are better than that. We can do our best to compare individual performance, and even that is pretty unreliable (too many variables), but you absolutely know that there are a world of better indicators for team success than those individual stats. Rex Grossman rode the Bears to a Superbowl berth, Orton went 10-5 as a rookie (a very similar record to Cutler this year). As sad as it sounds the Bears have been much better coached the last couple seasons as well (even though Denver had a better record last season).

I doubt we will get to see it, but if Denver had a defense equal to the Bears, some of us might have been very surprised how far Orton could have gone.

Cito Pelon
03-28-2011, 11:04 AM

That's Sophistry again, Rev.

2KBack's point was Cutler's TD:TO ratio with Chicago is .96, pretty much one turnover for each TD.

That is certainly not good QB play. Chicago's defense and special teams bailed out Cutler.

Cito Pelon
03-28-2011, 11:12 AM
didnt orton finish with more long plays than any other QB in the league this year? and as a bronco, orton has pretty decent TD:TO ratio, 48:27 is pretty good id say.

Those were a couple good points. Orton I think did have the most 20+, 30+, 40+ passing plays for the 2010 season. And has kept the mistakes to a minimum.

jhns
03-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Those were a couple good points. Orton I think did have the most 20+, 30+, 40+ passing plays for the 2010 season. And has kept the mistakes to a minimum.

Wrong. What is it with McDaniels fans and made up stats?

jhns
03-28-2011, 11:29 AM

2KBack's point was Cutler's TD:TO ratio with Chicago is .96, pretty much one turnover for each TD.

That is certainly not good QB play. Chicago's defense and special teams bailed out Cutler.

Says the person that didn't watch a single game. It must suck to realize that the guy running this team, and the best player this franchise has ever had, completely disagrees with everthing you McDaniels fans have been trying to convince youselves of for the past two years. I find it funny that he is calling all of you dumbasses.

OABB
03-28-2011, 11:47 AM
Cutler was not the kind of player you give up on. Elway is right. However, judging by his turd in the biggest game of his career, he may be the kind of guy you give up on.

At this point he can go either way. He has the ability no doubt. But if you judged him with your eyes and not your mangina, you will find he isn't a great qb at all. He's average at best.

Sorry, but that's the way it is now. If he improves I'll concede that he's good.

But the truth is on my side now.

TheReverend
03-28-2011, 12:00 PM

Yeah and we're comparing the first three seasons of Cutler to two of a guy who had 4 years in the league under his belt before this "comparison" can take place.

Sounds legit ROFL!

Cito Pelon
03-28-2011, 12:22 PM
Yeah and we're comparing the first three seasons of Cutler to two of a guy who had 4 years in the league under his belt before this "comparison" can take place.

Sounds legit ROFL!

What? Nobody has looked at "the first three seasons" from Cutler.

I looked at his career of five seasons, 2K looked at two seasons in Chicago. You subtracted 2K's two from my five and came up with three?

And, who is this "4 years in the League under his belt" QB? Is it Orton, Brees, Rivers, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, who is the QB you refer to? I guess it's Orton, but you should be clear when you make your points.

Relax, Rev, you win some and you lose some, you sure can't win them all.

TheReverend
03-28-2011, 12:52 PM
What? Nobody has looked at "the first three seasons" from Cutler.

Well I'll be damned. I thought that's what 2KBack was going for considering any comparison you try to LIMIT variables, but I guess he wanted to add in as many as humanly possible because that makes a lot of sense...

Okay so Jay has a .942 (in your made up stat that you made specifically to try and make Jay look bad) while in Chicago.

Orton with the same coach and mostly the same team (with a younger OL at the time) has a 1.12

I looked at his career of five seasons, 2K looked at two seasons in Chicago. You subtracted 2K's two from my five and came up with three?

And, who is this "4 years in the League under his belt" QB? Is it Orton, Brees, Rivers, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, who is the QB you refer to? I guess it's Orton, but you should be clear when you make your points.

Relax, Rev, you win some and you lose some, you sure can't win them all.

Do you need your hand held when we've been discussing two people for multiple posts?

Cito Pelon
03-28-2011, 01:19 PM
Well I'll be damned. I thought that's what 2KBack was going for considering any comparison you try to LIMIT variables, but I guess he wanted to add in as many as humanly possible because that makes a lot of sense...

Okay so Jay has a .942 (in your made up stat that you made specifically to try and make Jay look bad) while in Chicago.

Orton with the same coach and mostly the same team (with a younger OL at the time) has a 1.12

Do you need your hand held when we've been discussing two people for multiple posts?

Rev, your past two posts haven't even been good Sophistry. Give it a rest.

Boobs McGee
03-28-2011, 01:19 PM

well, I see your point. He was 6th and 3rd in the twenty plus and forty plus departments (12 more than cutler in the 20+ and double cutlers numbers in 40+), all without playing in three games. Much better than cutty.

AND, he didn't lead the league in sacks like a certain "mobile" frown cannon.

But I'm sure jhiz will find a way to spin those stats as well

TheReverend
03-28-2011, 01:24 PM
Rev, your past two posts haven't even been good Sophistry. Give it a rest.

Ha!

In this thread alone, you have literally:

MADE UP STATS

LIED ABOUT STATS

AND changed your argument at least 3 times.

Are you ****ing kidding me?

bendog
03-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Go for 14 pages total.

TDmvp
03-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Ha!

MADE UP STATS

LIED ABOUT STATS

That is the Orange Mane way of debating Hilarious!

jhns
03-28-2011, 01:53 PM
But I'm sure jhiz will find a way to spin those stats as well

Which stats did I spin?

I have no need to spin stats. I completely agree with Elway, the man running this team. It is only those that are still trying to justify McDaniels moves that need to make up and spin stats. This isn't a surprise though, there is really no way to justify what he did here when living in reality. One would think fans of this franchise would get this fact after having to live through the worst season in this franchises NFL history.

Cito Pelon
03-28-2011, 02:03 PM
Ha!

MADE UP STATS

LIED ABOUT STATS

You're going back to good, solid Sophistry. Well done.

Obscuring your weak argument by casting doubt on the opposing argument, without any substance to further your original proof.

Boobs McGee
03-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Which stats did I spin?

I have no need to spin stats. I completely agree with Elway, the man running this team. It is only those that are still trying to justify McDaniels moves that need to make up and spin stats. This isn't a surprise though, there is really no way to justify what he did here when living in reality. One would think fans of this franchise would get this fact after having to live through the worst season in this franchises NFL history.

Asked Tuesday at the owners meetings if he would have traded Cutler, Elway, now the teamís executive vice president, told the Sun-Times, ďThatís hard to say because I donít know all the circumstances.

So he MIGHT have traded babyjay, or he MIGHT have kept him. Real definitive.

jhns
03-28-2011, 02:07 PM
Asked Tuesday at the owners meetings if he would have traded Cutler, Elway, now the teamís executive vice president, told the Sun-Times, ďThatís hard to say because I donít know all the circumstances.

So he MIGHT have traded babyjay, or he MIGHT have kept him. Real definitive.

Sure, if you take a single line out of context. He has clearly stated, multiple times, that the trade was a mistake and that Cutler would still be herr if he was in charge.

Boobs McGee
03-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Sure, if you take a single line out of context. He has clearly stated, multiple times, that the trade was a mistake and that Cutler would still be herr if he was in charge.

Please, share those links because I truly haven't heard him utter those exact words

Miss I.
03-28-2011, 02:17 PM
That is the Orange Mane way of debating Hilarious!

don't forget this other method of debate also....

http://www.demotivationalpics.com/albums/userpics/normal_demotiv_pic_4776-beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

TheReverend
03-28-2011, 02:27 PM
You're going back to good, solid Sophistry. Well done.

Obscuring your weak argument by casting doubt on the opposing argument, without any substance to further your original proof.

Are you ****ting me? You've never HAD an argument! The ones you've put forth as your argument have been wrong or outright lies to the point of you changing it multiple times.

And real proof? How about this for proof:

-Pro bowler.
-Just played in the NFCCG.
-Set Franchise passing records
-GOAT agrees

jhns
03-28-2011, 02:37 PM
Please, share those links because I truly haven't heard him utter those exact words

I'll get you links as soon as I have time to search for them. As for the exact words thing, I'm not sure what you are looking for. There are no quotes in that post.

Boobs McGee
03-28-2011, 02:44 PM
I'll get you links as soon as I have time to search for them. As for the exact words thing, I'm not sure what you are looking for. There are no quotes in that post.

You said

He has clearly stated, multiple times, that the trade was a mistake and that Cutler would still be herr if he was in charge.

So. Please, show me those multiple times where he's clearly stated that the trade was a mistake and that Cutler would still be here if he was in charge. I'm not talking about YOUR interpretation of what he said, but what he "clearly stated".

And believe me, I'll never utter another word about my opinions on the cutler trade if this is his exact stance (which it obviously isn't as illustrated by his last interview which I quoted). I've been wrong before, so please, show me the exact quotes. I honestly don't remember hearing/reading them.

Archer81
03-28-2011, 02:52 PM
You know whats nice? Sunsets. So pretty.

2KBack
03-28-2011, 03:24 PM

You passed judgment on the QB's based on the team wins from this past season (the only season in their two careers where Cutler's team had more wins than Orton's team). So I removed many of the team variables and used the TD:TO ratio that was being discussed to determine how successful the two QBs have been with their new teams. As it turned out Orton has a far superior ratio. There's nothing made up about that.

oubronco
03-28-2011, 03:33 PM
I'm hungry

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuc6v2AjKe_MnbLmfm3aa9z43GZ9NlP rL8CMKmWl7OBY86fh2b

oubronco
03-28-2011, 03:34 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9dE5NHwJ65Ev30c9FA1aCm_d1xYR0Z SqBa4hdk89xfu3YEmSd

oubronco
03-28-2011, 03:35 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3246/3110965657_544a8fdf5d.jpg

oubronco
03-28-2011, 03:36 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtzxifnZCvF6zfNVwNnGDm4xyyXdfe7 7-ElyHJLHC7hcF1ejF8ZQ

oubronco
03-28-2011, 03:36 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFzTCdUQw2W9UNEF9418zjEs9voxUs 6u3_r8_t4n1FHMs-2zu

oubronco
03-28-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm full now that was a nice dinner

LonghornBronco
03-28-2011, 03:38 PM
17 pages easy

On our way... :strong:

jhns
03-28-2011, 03:40 PM
So when exactly are McDaniels fans going to get over McDaniels?

Boobs McGee
03-28-2011, 03:56 PM
When exactly are you going to post those quotes that you've turned into your personal mantra?

Jesterhole
03-28-2011, 05:57 PM
Well, hopefully John can see that Tebow is the kind of talent you don't give up on either. If he becomes competent in the pocket, and there is no reason to think he can't, then he'll be a hell of a QB for years to come.

TheReverend
03-28-2011, 06:06 PM
You passed judgment on the QB's based on the team wins from this past season (the only season in their two careers where Cutler's team had more wins than Orton's team). So I removed many of the team variables and used the TD:TO ratio that was being discussed to determine how successful the two QBs have been with their new teams. As it turned out Orton has a far superior ratio. There's nothing made up about that.

That's because he rode the pine for half of Jays career and also has never finished a 16 game season. I mean, wtf are you smoking.

2KBack
03-29-2011, 07:49 AM
That's because he rode the pine for half of Jays career and also has never finished a 16 game season. I mean, wtf are you smoking.

Absolutely irrelevant to what I said. You have one argument that you've been making consistently, that because the bears did well this season, that means Cutler is that much better than Orton. I mean if we point out that Statistically they were even or Orton was better you claim we need to look at the wins. Of course I'm sure you were on board with that reasoning when Orton came into town with a far superior win pct.(in games where he did play thank you very much). Of course you weren't, I'm sure you talked about how Cutler had to play with a terrible defense and an injured running game and therefor it was harder for him to win. Now that the roles are reversed you don't give those concessions to Orton, and his defense was worse....as was his running game.

you know you are doing this too...youre a smart guy that likes Cutler, it's cool. I don't care who people like or dislike, that said, these are all valid points. I haven't made up a single number.

TheReverend
03-29-2011, 07:57 AM
Absolutely irrelevant to what I said. You have one argument that you've been making consistently, that because the bears did well this season, that means Cutler is that much better than Orton. I mean if we point out that Statistically they were even or Orton was better you claim we need to look at the wins. Of course I'm sure you were on board with that reasoning when Orton came into town with a far superior win pct.(in games where he did play thank you very much). Of course you weren't, I'm sure you talked about how Cutler had to play with a terrible defense and an injured running game and therefor it was harder for him to win. Now that the roles are reversed you don't give those concessions to Orton, and his defense was worse....as was his running game.

you know you are doing this too...youre a smart guy that likes Cutler, it's cool. I don't care who people like or dislike, that said, these are all valid points. I haven't made up a single number.

Correct. But the reason I don't give those concessions to Orton is because he couldn't compete with a terrible defense.

Last year the defense carried him to 6-0, and this year, with a defense comparable to 2008's ineptitude where Mike/Jay won 8, Josh/Kyle won 2.

jhns
03-29-2011, 07:59 AM
When exactly are you going to post those quotes that you've turned into your personal mantra?

As soon as I feel like looking them up. You could always do your own research. They have all been posted here. One was just after Elway was hired. Then there is the OP in this thread. The stuff about Cutler not being the kind of player you give up on. I mean, what do you think he doesn't know when he says that? He talks to a lot of people that were here at the time. He saw all the news about Cutler crying and not answering phone calls. Are you claiming there was some hidden reason for the trade that none of us know about? One that Elway wouldn't know about?

Requiem
03-29-2011, 08:05 AM
John Elway never gave up on drinking either. :)

Boobs McGee
03-29-2011, 08:22 AM
As soon as I feel like looking them up. You could always do your own research. They have all been posted here. One was just after Elway was hired. Then there is the OP in this thread. The stuff about Cutler not being the kind of player you give up on. I mean, what do you think he doesn't know when he says that? He talks to a lot of people that were here at the time. He saw all the news about Cutler crying and not answering phone calls. Are you claiming there was some hidden reason for the trade that none of us know about? One that Elway wouldn't know about?

Good lord, deflection much? Let's take the focus off of me again, and put it back where it belongs, which is me asking you to simply come up with a CLEAR STATEMENT..

I asked you for proof, you said you'd give it to me. Telling me that he "said he's not the kind of guy you give up on" is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than the trade was a mistake and Cutler would still be here if he was in charge. Not only that, but in both of the interviews quoted in the OP, he's talking in possibilities, because he doesn't know exactly how things went down. Possibilities. Not concrete. He MIGHT have done A) if B) happened.

I'm not disputing the fact that Jay is talented. You're claiming that John Elway, with UNEQUIVOCAL INTENT, has stated that the trade was a mistake and that Cutler would still be here if he were in charge. NOTHING I've read has shown me that. It's all hypotheticals and what if's, and even with that slight admission he's gone and backtracked on those hypotheticals.

Please, I'm still waiting for the definitive evidence.

jhns
03-29-2011, 08:48 AM
Good lord, deflection much? Let's take the focus off of me again, and put it back where it belongs, which is me asking you to simply come up with a CLEAR STATEMENT..

I asked you for proof, you said you'd give it to me. Telling me that he "said he's not the kind of guy you give up on" is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than the trade was a mistake and Cutler would still be here if he was in charge. Not only that, but in both of the interviews quoted in the OP, he's talking in possibilities, because he doesn't know exactly how things went down. Possibilities. Not concrete. He MIGHT have done A) if B) happened.

I'm not disputing the fact that Jay is talented. You're claiming that John Elway, with UNEQUIVOCAL INTENT, has stated that the trade was a mistake and that Cutler would still be here if he were in charge. NOTHING I've read has shown me that. It's all hypotheticals and what if's, and even with that slight admission he's gone and backtracked on those hypotheticals.

Please, I'm still waiting for the definitive evidence.

As, I said, I will get it when I have time to search. I have posted them here but the search function isn't working. Google is hard because of the story in the OP. The stuff I searched pulled up a few hundred articles on his latest comment. Now settle down and get ahold of yourself. I mean really, it isn't like I care what you think. I could just as easily never post them and laugh at you for lacking common sense.

Boobs McGee
03-29-2011, 12:10 PM
Keep rowin that boat. Yesterday you said you'd have them. Today you tell me to do my own research to prove your point. Now you're making something that's been "clearly stated" into a search for the fountain of youth. Your right, I DON'T care what you think, because you're a clown. I will hold you accountable when you make outrageous assumptions , then use them as the basis for your never-ending infantile anti Mcdaniel rants.

jhns
03-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Keep rowin that boat. Yesterday you said you'd have them. Today you tell me to do my own research to prove your point. Now you're making something that's been "clearly stated" into a search for the fountain of youth. Your right, I DON'T care what you think, because you're a clown. I will hold you accountable when you make outrageous assumptions , then use them as the basis for your never-ending infantile anti Mcdaniel rants.

I clearly stated that I would get them when I had time in every response to you. The part about looking them up yourself is in response to you being an impatient little bitch. You will hold me accountable? How exactly do you plan to do this?

Boobs McGee
03-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Ohhhhhh, right, when you have the time. I just figured, you know, since they were so clearly stated, and since you'd posted them before, that it would be easy. You take your time sweetheart, I'll be right here.

Bitch.

Dedhed
03-29-2011, 01:02 PM
The thing about Cutler is that he'll give up on himself and his teammates long before you have the chance to quit on him.

Steve Sewell
03-29-2011, 02:37 PM

Did someone say give up?

Ahahaha. I was watching this on mute at work and was thinking...I can imagine this being played with Yakety Sax. I decided to turn up the volume slightly (as I'm at work) and low and behold...

StugotsIII
03-29-2011, 02:54 PM
Jay Cutler is an awkward, pouty Jeff George.

Oh yeah, and Elway really needs to learn to STFU.

oubronco
03-29-2011, 02:59 PM
This One's For John

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gcA0ZuKGkI8/S3hFdahcIAI/AAAAAAAAGGA/rUKJIxPKPo8/s400/wildlife-monkeys-hear-no-evil-see-no-evil-speak-no-evil.jpg

oubronco
03-29-2011, 03:02 PM
Hey jhns someone's lookin for you

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50270_379883393775_5518927_n.jpg

jhns
03-29-2011, 03:07 PM
Really, you McDaniels fans should just move on. There is no one on this planet that agrees with you about his moves. We wouldn't be coming off the worst season in franchise history if he had done anything right....

Boobs McGee
03-29-2011, 03:17 PM
yawn

OABB
03-29-2011, 03:18 PM
Really, you McDaniels fans should just move on. There is no one on this planet that agrees with you about his moves. We wouldn't be coming off the worst season in franchise history if he had done anything right....

I have moved on. I'm thrilled to have tebow and not have jay. All else is forgiven.

Boobs McGee
03-29-2011, 03:30 PM
Don't feed the trolls jake!

(leave that to me)

jhns
03-29-2011, 03:30 PM
yawn

Yeah, I bet it does make you tired when thinking about how wrong ypu were for such a long period of time. It was pretty obvious that McDaniels was running the team into the ground. It is strange that anyone paying attention couldn't see it. It is even stranger that a Broncos fan would be happy about it happening.

Boobs McGee
03-29-2011, 03:31 PM
TRoll on you stupid ****. Still waiting on those links

jhns
03-29-2011, 03:39 PM
TRoll on you stupid ****. Still waiting on those links

That is a good use of your time.

HAT
03-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Bowlen should tell Elway...."STFU, We gladly gave up on him over a year ago"

Keep waiting for those quotes McGee....Has jhiz used the "I'm on my blackberry" excuse yet?

Boobs McGee
03-29-2011, 03:53 PM
Haha not yet, its probly coming though ;)

CEH
03-29-2011, 04:17 PM
http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=96&c=738&f=67639

4:00 min mark. Elway talks about Cutler on Jan 21 2011

Tough situation. To be honest you don't give up on him like we did.
Would he be a Bronco today? A good possiblity. Would have done everything I could o keep him. They don't come around too often.

Boobs McGee
03-29-2011, 04:29 PM
Wow. Was that so ****ing hard jhiz?

CEH, it's still Elway speaking in possibilities, and he still changed his original stance, but this is the most concrete evidence to support **** knuckle's endless tirade against anyone who supported our last coach.

IMO McD did everything he could to keep Cutler (just like John said he would've), but I find it very interesting that Elway came back and flip flopped on his original statements...so actually SEEING this confuses me more, but sheds light on how someone as close minded as that 4 letter having ass could latch onto it.

Regardless, this is kind of "proof", and thanks to this, I'm not going to argue with that dumb ****ing sonofpetulantdickbag anymore.

Thanks CEH.

jhns
03-29-2011, 04:36 PM
Bowlen should tell Elway...."STFU, We gladly gave up on him over a year ago"

Keep waiting for those quotes McGee....Has jhiz used the "I'm on my blackberry" excuse yet?

Got rid of the blackberry. That was only an excuse for not seeing flash videos though. You can rest easy knowing my EVO has no problem with flash.

jhns
03-29-2011, 04:41 PM
Wow. Was that so ****ing hard jhiz?

CEH, it's still Elway speaking in possibilities, and he still changed his original stance, but this is the most concrete evidence to support **** knuckle's endless tirade against anyone who supported our last coach.

IMO McD did everything he could to keep Cutler (just like John said he would've), but I find it very interesting that Elway came back and flip flopped on his original statements...so actually SEEING this confuses me more, but sheds light on how someone as close minded as that 4 letter having ass could latch onto it.

Regardless, this is kind of "proof", and thanks to this, I'm not going to argue with that dumb ****ing sonofpetulantdickbag anymore.

Thanks CEH.

It wouldn't have been hard. I have a couple of other quotes from around the trade time as well. Elway has always maintained that Cutler is talented and he hated seeing him get traded from this team. You should have known I wasn't going to dig them up for you after you starting acting like a little girl though. It is much more fun to see you get upset.

Anyways, it must suck to realize just how wrong you were about pretty much everything over the last couple of years. It has to sting knowing that someone like me could see this obvious disaster and you couldn't.

Boobs McGee
03-29-2011, 05:01 PM
It wouldn't have been hard. I have a couple of other quotes from around the trade time as well. Elway has always maintained that Cutler is talented and he hated seeing him get traded from this team. You should have known I wasn't going to dig them up for you after you starting acting like a little girl though. It is much more fun to see you get upset.

Anyways, it must suck to realize just how wrong you were about pretty much everything over the last couple of years. It has to sting knowing that someone like me could see this obvious disaster and you couldn't.

LOL sweet. Those "other quotes" that you still haven't posted, because I started acting like a girl. Classic. Whatever it takes to make you feel somewhat normal. And obviously, Elway hasn't maintained anything, as his original statements aren't reciprocated in his latest.

The only thing I'm willing to forfeit, is that HALF of your original statement is partially correct, and for that, as soon I'm finished typing this post, you will never again hear me argue about anything regarding the Cutler trade.

The best part, is that you'll always be a smug **** incapable of keeping any amount of an open mind when it comes to Broncos football. You think it hurts me somehow?? Knowing that you predicted catastrophe??? Child please. EVERYONE on this board had creeping doubts about that whole fiasco, but instead of being a chicken little and b****ing to no end about unfortunate circumstances, I (and many others) decided to go ahead and root for the home team. I've already eaten my crow helping, and it tasted like ass. But the greatest thing is, I've never once stopped cheering for my Broncos. I never gave up hope that something miraculous could happen. That makes me sleep better at night. IN NO WAY related to your dark fantasy of righteousness on a message board. So, no, jhns, this doesn't sting in the least. At the end of the day, I chose to look past the inevitable doom which you have relentlessly REVELED in to further your own sick narcissism induced furor, and kept a spark of hope tucked away in my brain. It's the fundamental difference between us. You're a joyless black hole incapable of having a legitimate discussion.

You got a quote partially right that YOU personally could never substantiate. You win. (sort of?)

As Mock would say, get a clue

Miss I.
03-29-2011, 05:07 PM
http://img.jamespot.com/userdata/spot/thumb/2a/38/184591/1299739589.jpeg

jhns
03-30-2011, 07:42 AM
ILOL sweet. Those "other quotes" that you still haven't posted, because I started acting like a girl. Classic. Whatever it takes to make you feel somewhat normal. And obviously, Elway hasn't maintained anything, as his original statements aren't reciprocated in his latest.

The only thing I'm willing to forfeit, is that HALF of your original statement is partially correct, and for that, as soon I'm finished typing this post, you will never again hear me argue about anything regarding the Cutler trade.

The best part, is that you'll always be a smug **** incapable of keeping any amount of an open mind when it comes to Broncos football. You think it hurts me somehow?? Knowing that you predicted catastrophe??? Child please. EVERYONE on this board had creeping doubts about that whole fiasco, but instead of being a chicken little and b****ing to no end about unfortunate circumstances, I (and many others) decided to go ahead and root for the home team. I've already eaten my crow helping, and it tasted like ass. But the greatest thing is, I've never once stopped cheering for my Broncos. I never gave up hope that something miraculous could happen. That makes me sleep better at night. IN NO WAY related to your dark fantasy of righteousness on a message board. So, no, jhns, this doesn't sting in the least. At the end of the day, I chose to look past the inevitable doom which you have relentlessly REVELED in to further your own sick narcissism induced furor, and kept a spark of hope tucked away in my brain. It's the fundamental difference between us. You're a joyless black hole incapable of having a legitimate discussion.

You got a quote partially right that YOU personally could never substantiate. You win. (sort of?)

As Mock would say, get a clue

So what is your excuse for being a little prick to everyone that was right? How is it better for discussion to not say what you think? You enjoy looking like a dumbass so you can stay positive? I guess I don't get it. I am an extremely happy person without having to lie to myself. Those that do lie in arguments and act like pricks to those they secretly agree with seem to define trolling...

I was once a nice poster. It just became too much fun turning the dick attitude of the horribly wrong McDaniels fans back on them.

OABB
03-31-2011, 10:23 PM
Hey rev. Winning.

TheReverend
03-31-2011, 10:25 PM
Hey rev. Winning.

Where?

Still waiting...

OABB
03-31-2011, 10:25 PM
I listed 3 divisional clinching games in a row, a seperate 4th one, and a nfccg.

I also mention the divisional game he won, but was very clear that his opponant was THE WORST TEAM EVER To make the playoffs in THE HISTORY of the NFL.

So, I have brought a lot to the table.

Oh, and you never mentioned his first half of absolute embarrass in the nfccg.

So, that half didn't happen then?

And the "winning" and "losing" only works when you are arguing against an idiot.

Neither of us are.

So far I have 5 clear examples of big games cutler lost.

5 is more than 0.

Here's the post you ran away from.

OABB
03-31-2011, 10:28 PM
It's hardto find... It was posted a long time ago. Maybe you missed it?

OABB
03-31-2011, 10:32 PM
Are you going through each page to find your response?

TheReverend
03-31-2011, 10:33 PM
Here's the post you ran away from.

:spit: Ran away from? It was Saturday night. If you mean running away from your post and over to my gf's, then yup, I ran away.

I'm glad I missed it because that's one of the worst posts I ever read.

It doesn't even make ANY sense.

All you're doing in there is reiterating the horrible argument you had earlier that I completely dismantled in this post:

http://orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3145272&postcount=67

Stick to attempting to be funny. Occasionally (albeit rarely) there you actually succeed

OABB
03-31-2011, 10:33 PM
Losing.

TheReverend
03-31-2011, 10:35 PM
Losing.

Indeed you are. I wasn't even this embarrassed for another human being when WAGS was being ridiculous.

OABB
03-31-2011, 10:37 PM
:spit: Ran away from? It was Saturday night. If you mean running away from your post and over to my gf's, then yup, I ran away.

I'm glad I missed it because that's one of the worst posts I ever read.

It doesn't even make ANY sense.

All you're doing in there is reiterating the horrible argument you had earlier that I completely dismantled in this post:

http://orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3145272&postcount=67

Stick to attempting to be funny. Occasionally (albeit rarely) there you actually succeed

Where did you mention cutlers first half?

I gave you five games, you gave me a concussion.

That's four left.

And "beating the team that beat the champs" is one way of putting it.

How about beating THE WORST TEAM IN HIStORY of the playoffs?

The best thing about you is when you lose, you still act like a dick.

Oh, and winning.

OABB
03-31-2011, 10:40 PM
Indeed you are. I wasn't even this embarrassed for another human being when WAGS was being ridiculous.

clearly I'm not being wagsy here. You are just being a dick for dicksake.

I've explained myself in both threads.

It's ok dude. You don't have to be a dick.

I'm sure you will get me back sometime.

Losing is part of life.

TheReverend
03-31-2011, 10:45 PM
Where did you mention cutlers first half?

I gave you five games, you gave me a concussion.

That's four left.

And "beating the team that beat the champs" is one way of putting it.

How about beating THE WORST TEAM IN HIStORY of the playoffs?

The best thing about you is when you lose, you still act like a dick.

Oh, and winning.

Haha, are you SERIOUS? You just want to use examples from the start of his career and hang terrible defensive performances over his head?

I countered that with RECENT examples of him beating playoff teams to clinch a playoff spot with a 1st round bye, not to mention the team that just beat the defending SB champs IN the playoffs.

The first half? Yeah he played awful. I dont know when he incurred the injury, but quite frankly I don't give a ****. He played awful from the start of the game.

What are you even trying to argue? Once again your original "point" was:

No. The afc championship would count too. Or a superbowl. Or a divisional playoff game against a team with a winning record. Or the San Fran game to clinch a playoff birth... Or any of the last three games to clinch a plyoff birth with a three game lead in the division.

Any of those, really.

Which I dismantled piece by piece here:

Please come up with something substantial.

You're only wasting my time.

I'm going to "run away" to my bedroom to sleep because its almost 1AM, now.

Hopefully I miss your inevitably terrible reply (again)

TheReverend
03-31-2011, 10:47 PM
clearly I'm not being wagsy here. You are just being a dick for *****ake.

I've explained myself in both threads.

It's ok dude. You don't have to be a dick.

I'm sure you will get me back sometime.

Losing is part of life.

Says the guy who took the time to type out every single slur he knows in a post for no reason whatsoever?

You're terribly stupid when it comes to trying to talk football.

Last time:

I BEG you to attempt to make a consistent point. That's all.

That's the ONLY thing I'm asking you to do.

Can you?

OABB
03-31-2011, 10:57 PM
Says the guy who took the time to type out every single slur he knows in a post for no reason whatsoever?

You're terribly stupid when it comes to trying to talk football.

Last time:

I BEG you to attempt to make a consistent point. That's all.

That's the ONLY thing I'm asking you to do.

Can you?

Yes. Cutler blew it inthe NFCcg.

Baaaaloooooooo it.

In a game that makes qbs, he played like crap.

You said it two posts above.

He played like crap. In the nfccg.

My original point was that he had talent, but wasn't a good qb.

That's my point.

If you think an abysmal performance in the championship game is no big deal, than you obviously don't understand football as well as you think you do.

He baaaaa

Llllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It.

End. Of. Story.

TDmvp
03-31-2011, 11:10 PM
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/7639/legendarythread12small.jpg
:welcome:

OABB
03-31-2011, 11:17 PM
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/7639/legendarythread12small.jpg
:welcome: