PDA

View Full Version : Orange Mane Lunch in LA

Kaylore
03-17-2011, 06:30 AM
I was hoping to get some people together for a lunch or something this week. I was curious who all wanted to come, if any, and what time works for you guys. I'll be in town Friday through Tuesday, so sometime around then would be cool. :thumbsup:

jhns
03-17-2011, 07:16 AM
Lets meet at Compton Chicken and Waffles around 11 pm.

broncogary
03-17-2011, 07:51 AM

We'll meet you there, jhns. :thumbsup:

Beantown Bronco
03-17-2011, 08:24 AM
Hey, jhns, I've got something you could wear there:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dwpfSkB8nls" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

strafen
03-17-2011, 08:37 AM

Hell yeah, I'm in! !Booya!:rofl:

Jason in LA
03-17-2011, 09:00 AM
What day are you thinking about? Saturday is a little tough for me, but I can juggle things around. I'm pretty much free the other days. You have any place in mind?

Kaylore
03-17-2011, 09:03 AM
What day are you thinking about? Saturday is a little tough for me, but I can juggle things around. I'm pretty much free the other days. You have any place in mind?

I wanted to get a head count and find a time that works for everyone first and then go from there. I assume weekends work better but want to see who says something back.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-17-2011, 09:12 AM
I'd go! Sat/sun work best for me...weekdays i def cannot do

Requiem
03-17-2011, 09:24 AM
See you at Burger King. :)

Chris
03-17-2011, 09:51 AM
We'll have to get you over to NYC some time. That said, I am expecting Ricardo Montalban.

SoCalBronco
03-17-2011, 09:56 AM
Saturday would be best for me. Sunday is possible if its before 1 or 2 pm. Can't do weekdays.

Kaylore
03-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Ok we'll shoot for Saturday then? Lunch?

SonOfLe-loLang
03-17-2011, 10:45 AM
works for me

Los Broncos
03-17-2011, 11:04 AM
I have to work Saturday and Sunday is booked, I'll meet you some day in Denver.

UberBroncoMan
03-17-2011, 11:07 AM
If you're doing chicken and waffles in LA, you have to do Roscoe's.

Los Broncos
03-17-2011, 11:08 AM
If you're doing chicken and waffles in LA, you have to do Roscoe's.

In the LBC, good stuff.

cutthemdown
03-17-2011, 04:06 PM
We don't serve yer kind round here. Now Scooter he ain't hurtin anyone!!!!

SonOfLe-loLang
03-18-2011, 12:36 AM
COnsidering saturday is in two days, anyone have ideas on meet up spots?

broncocalijohn
03-18-2011, 02:49 PM
Kaylore, we getting rain on Sunday and Monday so do your museum stuff during those days. I have baseball up until 5 PM on Sat., so I cant do that day. I do like the Long Beach idea though.

SoCalBronco
03-18-2011, 08:12 PM
I believe Khan had said in the earlier thread he would prefer a Seafood place. Any ideas?

Requiem
03-18-2011, 08:20 PM
The ocean.

BroncoBuff
03-18-2011, 08:42 PM
I believe Khan had said in the earlier thread he would prefer a Seafood place. Any ideas?

'Sushi on Sunset' is right on the Strip near Chateau Marmont, John Belushi's last stop ...

If you want to drop a wad of dough, the stars eat at Matsuhisa, couple blocks north of Wilshire on La Cienega ...

Around the corner from Matsuhisa is Black Lob... errr I mean RED Lobster. Wilshire and La Cienega.

Dunno if the horses are in season, but there's a place called Tokyo Wako on Huntington near Santa Anita Racetrack ...

But I'd suggest skipping the fish, have a Hollywood themed get-together. Maybe the legendary Musso & Franks' Grill on Hollywood Blvd right by Manns' Chinese, Clooney and Pitt shot the restaurant scenes in Oceans' 11 there. Or maybe Big Wang's Wings sports bar near there, CBF1 showed me that place, we beat the chefs in Arrowhead that day ... has to count for something.

SoCalBronco
03-18-2011, 08:44 PM
'Sushi on Sunset' is right on the Strip near Chateau Marmont, John Belushi's last stop ...

If you want to drop a wad of dough, the stars eat at Matsuhisa, couple blocks north of Wilshire on La Cienega ...

Around the corner from Matsuhisa is Black Lob... errr I mean RED Lobster. Wilshire and La Cienega.

Dunno if the horses are in season, but there's a place called Tokyo Wako on Huntington near Santa Anita Racetrack ...

But I'd suggest skipping the fish, have a Hollywood themed get-together. Maybe the legendary Musso & Franks' on Hollywood Blvd right by Manns' Chinese, Clooney and Pitt shot the restaurant scenes in Oceans' 11 there. Or maybe Big Wang's Wings sports bar near there, CBF1 showed me that place. We beat the chefs in Arrowhead that day ... has to count for something.

Tokyo Wako is always a great idea, obviously. :)

Sushi....ugh.

We'll see what Khan wants to do.

BroncoBuff
03-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Tokyo Wako is always a great idea, obviously. :)

I kinda thought you'd recognize that one. ::)

troya900
03-18-2011, 08:54 PM

But I'd suggest skipping the fish, have a Hollywood themed get-together. Maybe the legendary Musso & Franks' Grill on Hollywood Blvd right by Manns' Chinese, Clooney and Pitt shot the restaurant scenes in Oceans' 11 there. Or maybe Big Wang's Wings sports bar near there, CBF1 showed me that place, we beat the chefs in Arrowhead that day ... has to count for something.

Red Lobster is no more at that location, you guys can go to inglewood instead haha

BroncoBuff
03-18-2011, 09:09 PM
Red Lobster is no more at that location, you guys can go to inglewood instead haha

It moved? Arrgghh!! If only it had moved before I did, wouldda bumped my property value before I sold :nono:

As long as we're facing off between LA neighborhoods ... you don't have to go to Compton for Roscoe's, there's one on Sunset and Gower, across from KCBS. So there.

OBF1
03-18-2011, 09:15 PM
there is also a roscoes in pasadena... alot better hood

BroncoBuff
03-18-2011, 09:16 PM
there is also a roscoes in pasadena... alot better hood

Yeah I think we'll skip South of Jefferson. Just to be on the safe 'side.'

HAT
03-18-2011, 09:18 PM
I can't go but Gladstones in LB fits the bill....

Good patio & SoCal vibe on the water, pretty good seafood that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, easy access off the 710 for the LA guys and just barely across the 'Orange Curtain' for John.....Queen Mary & Aquarium of the Pacific just across the way if the the Kahns want to do some sightseeing after.

Lot's of other options nearby along Shoreline. Tokyo Wako, Bubba Gump, Yard House.

SoCalBronco
03-18-2011, 09:32 PM
You know, Buff, Tokyo Wako might not be a bad idea. For people that don't know, its a Japanese steakhouse. It also has fish and lobster, scallops and chicken and the guy will slice it and dice it and cook it for you right in front of you (they seat about 7-8 per table in front of a grill). It's a nice experience with the whole onion volcano and all. I know the Arcadia Tokyo Wako has sushi too. I just called them to confirm that, they said have about 20-25 varieties of sushi and sashimi. I don't eat sushi myself... but I know Khan likes that so I just wanted to make sure they had that in addition to their seafood/chicken/steak menu.

The Arcadia Tokyo Wako is a bit far from where Khan is...its about an hour, but I can go pick him up and drop him off. I dont know what other people think of that? I know there are Tokyo Wako's in Long Beach and also Pasadena.

BroncoBuff
03-18-2011, 09:52 PM
You know, Buff, Tokyo Wako might not be a bad idea. For people that don't know, its a Japanese steakhouse. It also has fish and lobster, scallops and chicken and the guy will slice it and dice it and cook it for you right in front of you (they seat about 7-8 per table in front of a grill). It's a nice experience with the whole onion volcano and all. I know the Arcadia Tokyo Wako has sushi too. I just called them to confirm that, they said have about 20-25 varieties of sushi and sashimi. I don't eat sushi myself... but I know Khan likes that so I just wanted to make sure they had that in addition to their seafood/chicken/steak menu.

The Arcadia Tokyo Wako is a bit far from where Khan is...its about an hour, but I can go pick him up and drop him off. I dont know what other people think of that? I know there are Tokyo Wako's in Long Beach and also Pasadena.

Yeah, it's a terrific place no doubt.

So everyone knows, whenever I'm in LA, SoCal and I meet up @ Tokyo Wako.

Wearring Broncos Gear.

And nobody gives us any crap, believe me.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_X1MDISpwwa4/TJgIC6CUsQI/AAAAAAAABOk/jdNwjWGoAPs/s400/DM-tokyo_wako.jpg

SoCalBronco
03-18-2011, 09:56 PM
Yeah, it's a terrific place no doubt.

So everyone knows, whenever I'm in LA, SoCal and I meet up @ Tokyo Wako.

Wearring Broncos Gear.

And nobody gives us any crap, believe me.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_X1MDISpwwa4/TJgIC6CUsQI/AAAAAAAABOk/jdNwjWGoAPs/s400/DM-tokyo_wako.jpg

Next time you come down here...we are definitely going there.

BTW, I was thinking if we go to the Arcadia Tokyo Wako tomorrow, maybe I could take Khan and Chris Kuper (Mrs. Khan) to the Arboretum afterwards, since its very close nearby. I havent been there in a few years, but the botanical gardens and wildlife are nice. Just an idea. Do you think they would like the Arboretum?

BroncoBuff
03-18-2011, 10:13 PM
I havent been there in a few years, but the botanical gardens and wildlife are nice. Just an idea. Do you think they would like the Arboretum?

Umm ... you're asking the wrong guy. I'll rep you why :~ohyah!:

How about the Huntington Library Museum in San Marino? It's right nearby, admission is free (well, $5 suggested hahaha)

A little culture never hurt anybody. A picture of Chris and the Mrs in front of this thing would be nice on top the fireplace mantle.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f3/Thomas_Gainsborough_008.jpg/300px-Thomas_Gainsborough_008.jpg

SoCalBronco
03-18-2011, 10:42 PM
Ok. I spoke with Khan. We will be meeting at Tokyo Wako-Arcadia at 12 pm for lunch. If any other Maners want to attend the address is: 401 E. Huntington Drive Arcadia...zip code 91006.

I'm going to PM some LA area Maners to let them know.

Broncochica
03-18-2011, 11:08 PM
Have fun guys, don't forget to post pics! :)

OABB
03-18-2011, 11:16 PM
I'm so bummed I can't make it....

I was looking forward to this for the past few weeks.

Have a good time guys.

BroncoBuff
03-18-2011, 11:17 PM
I'm so bummed I can't make it....

I was looking forward to this for the past few weeks.

Have a good time guys.

But, your location says "Los Angeles."

OABB
03-18-2011, 11:21 PM
But, your location says "Los Angeles."

My wife is a flight attendant, and tomorrow is the only day we will have together for a while.

I love you guys and all, but none of you have sex with me.

Sorry.

SoCalBronco
03-18-2011, 11:24 PM
My wife is a flight attendant, and tomorrow is the only day we will have together for a while.

I love you guys and all, but none of you have sex with me.

Sorry.

You could bring her along. It's only an hour or two.

I'll even wear my orange Jay jersey to make the atmosphere even more awesome. :) (actually if you come...I won't wear it...just for you).

OABB
03-18-2011, 11:30 PM
You could bring her along. It's only an hour or two.

I'll even wear my orange Jay jersey to make the atmosphere even more awesome. :) (actually if you come...I won't wear it...just for you).

I didn't realize you already made the jay joke. I thought your pm just said orange jersey.

I replied that I'd wear my jay jersey to one up you.

What an idiot I am.

My wife is landing at noon, and she is coming from new York so she will be a jetlagged shebitch who needs sleep.

We won't be out of our jammies untill late inthe afternoon.

I am bummed, but as a ball busted pussy whipped ball less husband I have no choice but to take care of the wife first.

I can't believe how badly I blew that jay jersey joke.

BroncoBuff
03-19-2011, 10:25 AM
... none of you have sex with me.

Don't be so sure about that ... ::)

Bump for more LA guys to see.

Kaylore
03-19-2011, 11:11 AM
Two hours, nerds! If you can bring someone for my wife to talk to, please do.

SoCalBronco
03-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Two hours, nerds! If you can bring someone for my wife to talk to, please do.

I'm really looking forward to talking to Kupe about the whole McD experience and what he thinks about the OL coach that Fox brought in. :)

I also want to know whether the guy at the Bank did a double take when you guys set up your first joint checking account and asked that it be listed as "Chris & Chris Prusse" or "Chris & Chris Kuper".

OABB
03-19-2011, 12:23 PM
I'm really looking forward to talking to Kupe about the whole McD experience and what he thinks about the OL coach that Fox brought in. :)

I also want to know whether the guy at the Bank did a double take when you guys set up your first joint checking account and asked that it be listed as "Chris & Chris Prusse" or "Chris & Chris Kuper".

I just love me some socal.

Chris
03-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Is everyone on this board named Chris? Omg srsly.

Jason in LA
03-19-2011, 08:06 PM
I hope you all had a great time. I was in a meeting until 2:30, so I couldn't make it out there.

Archer81
03-19-2011, 08:16 PM
Is everyone on this board named Chris? Omg srsly.

Well it is an awesome and inspiring name.

:Broncos:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Well it is an awesome and inspiring name.

:Broncos:

Yes, and very original. :clown:

Boobs McGee
03-19-2011, 08:29 PM
So the REAL question here is...who was throat punched first?

Kaylore
03-19-2011, 10:46 PM
It was a lot of fun. My wide said SoCal reminded her of Montrose. Son of lelolang was great.

broncocalijohn
03-20-2011, 12:28 AM
Had baseball with the kids and umpire meeting. Saturdays in season are bad news for me. There is always OM weekend. You guys dont know how long Im Jonesing for japanese food lately. Wife isnt big on it but I wanted me some Tempura and Sake.