PDA

View Full Version : Locker Drawing Interest From Broncos

Chris
03-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Locker Drawing Interest From Broncos, Titans, Vikings 15th March, 2011 - 4:52 pm NFL.com - Washington quarterback Jake Locker will conduct private workouts with at least three teams, according to a league source.

Locker will meet with Denver, Minnesota and Tennessee.

He is scheduled to meet with other teams as well. [READ]

Read more: http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/20946/20110315/locker_drawing_interest_from_broncos_titans_viking s/#ixzz1GiFe9LzC

I think Elway sees his conventional traits he likes in Locker but come on... we have so many needs and you have to give Tebow a chance to develop. I suppose we're doing our homework but I wouldn't take this guy unless we shipped Orton out for a 2nd AND he dropped to the 3rd.

SouthStndJunkie
03-15-2011, 05:21 PM
The Broncos need to start Tim Tebow all year to see what he has got.

If he sucks and looks like he won't improve, then we can draft a QB in 2012....but give Tebow 2011 to see what he has.

I liked what I saw the last 3 games last year.

He is raw, but he is the most competitive hard working dude on the field.

maven
03-15-2011, 05:22 PM
Issel drafted LaFrentz, Elway drafting Locker?

SonOfLe-loLang
03-15-2011, 05:23 PM
They are bringing him in for a workout. RELAX

SouthStndJunkie
03-15-2011, 05:25 PM

I don't see anyone getting bent out of shape in this thread....yet.

bendog
03-15-2011, 05:26 PM
If the Duke likes him enough to essentially trade Orton for him, I'd be ok with it. I realize McD is a ****ing idiot, but look what Brady Quinn was worth to us. Not to mention Matt Schab and Kolb.

elsid13
03-15-2011, 05:29 PM
If Denver was still running a style of the Shanahan WCO, Locker would be interesting player to look at. But with the pseudo McDaniels offense, I don't see the fit.

oubronco
03-15-2011, 05:31 PM

If he sucks and looks like he won't improve, then we can draft a QB in 2012....but give Tebow 2011 to see what he has.

I totally agree, If he stinks it up we could get another top pick next year and maybe get Luck

Jesterhole
03-15-2011, 05:33 PM
I'd rather keep Orton and pass on drafting a QB this year. We have two young guys and a capable vet...and the WORST defense this team has ever had since I've been watching.

If we don't pick up 2-3 D-linemen on the first day, I'm going to to scratch John's name off of my trapper keeper...

LonghornBronco
03-15-2011, 05:38 PM
I would give Elway the benefit of the doubt if Locker slides, but no higher than the 2b pick!

HorseHead
03-15-2011, 05:43 PM
..."scratch John's name off of my Trapper Keeper"...

now that is some funny sh-t....ROFL!

NFLBRONCO
03-15-2011, 05:45 PM
Like I said, before Elway and Fox did not draft Tebow so I won't be shocked if he's replaced or traded at any point. The point of the thread and Locker relax we are just gathering info much to do about nothing.

I'd ride with Tebow and see what we have in him at this point but, I don't believe for a second if FO got a solid offer if CBA is resolved he won't be moved.

schaaf
03-15-2011, 05:50 PM
The Panthers were probably the second most interested team in Tebow (Because of John Fox)

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2011, 05:56 PM

i agree. in Tebow's last 3 games with an interim coach, without many practice reps, on a neutered playbook, playing with a lot of guys who had more than likely already put themselves into cruise control for the final weeks of the lost season, he had the team playing harder and looking better than it had since the first half of the 09 season.

he earned a shot to show what he can do. if he goes out this year and he sucks, then next year we do whatever is necessary to get Luck or another QB for our future.

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2011, 06:02 PM
another thought on this situation. Locker is falling down draft boards a little. it is possible he slips into the 2nd and i for one wouldn't be at all surprised if he was around in the 3rd.

with that in mind and the fact that rookie contracts are going to be considerably cheaper now once the CBA is worked out, and the fact that Quinn is garbage. it might not be a terrible idea to get a guy like Locker in the middle of the draft to work in as a possible long term option at backup if Tebow proves to be the man, or as a potential QBOTF if Tebow stumbles.

that is one thing i liked about McDaniels coaching philosophy and wouldn't be upset if our new triumvirate had the same philosophy. no ones job was completely safe. you had to earn your starting spot. competition for every job.

extralife
03-15-2011, 06:07 PM
what's going to be fascinating is when Elway throws Tebow under the bus. who is the omane going to back?

this thread makes me think the answer is Elway, but I'm sure we'll drag it out in every other thread for two years

meangene
03-15-2011, 06:26 PM
what's going to be fascinating is when Elway throws Tebow under the bus. who is the omane going to back?

this thread makes me think the answer is Elway, but I'm sure we'll drag it out in every other thread for two years

The fans would go absolutely ape**** if Tebow is moved or thrown under the bus. As would I!

BMF Bronco
03-15-2011, 06:33 PM

Really?! There's not even a question here, Elway was the savior of Broncos football, Tebow is a hope. The only ones I can see vehemently backing Teebs are the newbie fans who don't know shiite.

strafen
03-15-2011, 06:38 PM

We can go into next season with Tebow as our QB.
I have not seen any indication that Tebow will suck.
However, if he does, then we could go and try to get Luck from Stanford next year.
I want to see how all the hard work Tebow has put in so far pans out.
The guy is a competitor and I just don't see how he will be denied...

Jesterhole
03-15-2011, 06:40 PM
Really?! There's not even a question here, Elway was the savior of Broncos football, Tebow is a hope. The only ones I can see vehemently backing Teebs are the newbie fans who don't know shiite.

Elway is no longer the QB, he is in an entirely different role, with much different responsibilities and requirements. Not saying he won't do well, but to say that we have to back John's every move just because of his years at QB is inviting mediocrity or failure.

I wouldn't support John if he traded or cut Tebow loose before we got to see what he could do. Then again I don't see that happening.

strafen
03-15-2011, 06:42 PM
The fans would go absolutely ape**** if Tebow is moved or thrown under the bus. As would I!

I doubt it.
We have 3 QB's and one (Orton) seems to be on his way out, and the other (Quinn) is not what you want to have to keep things going in case of injury.

Locker will be a 1st round pick, most likely he'll go to Washington, so, no chance of us going after him when as of right now we only have one 1st round pick, and a QB is not what we should be drafting with that pick...

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2011, 06:42 PM
We can go into next season with Tebow as our QB.
I have not seen any indication that Tebow will suck.
However, if he does, then we could go and try to get Luck from Stanford next year.
I want to see how all the hard work Tebow has put in so far pans out.
The guy is a competitor and I just don't see how he will be denied...

that's the great thing about the draft. next year Luck might not even be the concensus number 1 pick. injury may happen, he may have a ****ty season without his HC, someone like Barkley at USC could have a monster year and put themselves into the running for the number 1 pick.

point i am trying to make is, that possibly to get the QB we want if Tebow fails, we may not need to be the absolute worst team in the league.

look at Locker. last season was seen as a surefire 1st rounder, potential number 1. Leinart, the undisputed number 1 pick but fell to 10 a year later when another QB stole the spotlight from him after a badass season.

OBF1
03-15-2011, 06:45 PM
I'd rather keep Orton and pass on drafting a QB this year. We have two young guys and a capable vet...and the WORST defense this team has ever had since I've been watching.

If we don't pick up 2-3 D-linemen on the first day, I'm going to to scratch John's name off of my trapper keeper...

Last time, We only have 1 pick (#2 overall) day one. LOL

meangene
03-15-2011, 06:46 PM
I doubt it.
We have 3 QB's and one (Orton) seems to be on his way out, and the other (Quinn) is not what you want to have to keep things going in case of injury.

Locker will be a 1st round pick, most likely he'll go to Washington, so, no chance of us going after him when as of right now we only have one 1st round pick, and a QB is not what we should be drafting with that pick...

Or either of our second round picks...

strafen
03-15-2011, 06:49 PM
that's the great thing about the draft. next year Luck might not even be the concensus number 1 pick. injury may happen, he may have a ****ty season without his HC, someone like Barkley at USC could have a monster year and put themselves into the running for the number 1 pick.

point i am trying to make is, that possibly to get the QB we want if Tebow fails, we may not need to be the absolute worst team in the league.

look at Locker. last season was seen as a surefire 1st rounder, potential number 1. Leinart, the undisputed number 1 pick but fell to 10 a year later when another QB stole the spotlight from him after a badass season.Funny you mentioned Barkley from USC. I've been sorta following his career ever since Pete Carroll made the controversial move of making him the starter.
I think Barkley could be a great NFL prospect...

strafen
03-15-2011, 06:51 PM
Or either of our second round picks...Yeah, no chance unless somehow we manage to get another 1st round pick and some extra picks on the later rounds.
We still only have 6 picks going into the draft, don't we?
So, I just don't see us drafting a QB. That will be nuts!

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2011, 06:54 PM
I doubt it.

i can't see Locker going that high. i think his only real shot at going in the top half of the 1st round is if the Vikings take him. otherwise i can see him falling in the 1st and possibly a team in the 2nd being happy he is there or a team packaging some picks to move back into the late 1st for him.

only QB i predict will go top 10 are Newton and Gabbert.

Kaylore
03-15-2011, 07:11 PM

We didn't draft a player we didn't bring in for a workout. Xanders has said this is something that probably won't change.

Tombstone RJ
03-15-2011, 07:24 PM
who knows if the Broncos are really interested in Locker or just pretending to be interested in Locker. Either way, it sends a signal to Orton and Tebow that management is looking at all options...

oubronco
03-15-2011, 08:12 PM
Damn some people are getting bent way out of shape over a workout

AZorange1
03-15-2011, 08:52 PM

Not sure how many of you out there in Maneland are as old as me (the hills) but I've been watchiong this team since 1971. The biggest impact player this team has ever seen is one John Elway. BUT, if he throws Tebow under the bus, I will go ape sh--ooter and remove Elways name from my xmas card list.

footstepsfrom#27
03-15-2011, 09:02 PM
another thought on this situation. Locker is falling down draft boards a little. it is possible he slips into the 2nd and i for one wouldn't be at all surprised if he was around in the 3rd.
The last thing I read on Locker, right after the combine, said he was rising, not falling. In fact he was being seen as a possible top ten pick on some teams boards. Is there a link to a story on him falling now? I think he's going in the first round somewhere...and I wouldn't use even a 2nd rounder on a QB when we have such huge defensive needs.

SoCalBronco
03-15-2011, 09:02 PM
I like Locker A LOT, he's got a ton of athleticism and a ton of moxie, but we already have Tebow.

Requiem
03-15-2011, 09:12 PM
If the Broncos are bringing in Locker, obviously they are interested.

Just because a prior regime drafted Tebow and thought a lot of him, doesn't mean that Coach Fox, Elway and the rest in command feel the same way about his skills. (Though I've read that Fox/Carolina was interested in Tebow at the draft last year.)

A lot of us were impressed with Tim's limited opportunities last season, but that is not indicative of future successes nor gives creedence to the belief that he is a legitimate, long-term option at quarterback for this team.

Frankly, we all know that Orton isn't going to be around much longer -- and with the ambiguity surrounding Tim, it does not surprise me that we are giving another potential franchise signal caller a look.

Locker was expected to go Top 5 last year, even talk of him being the #1 selection. It is an outside chance that he is there with our earliest second round selection, but I doubt that.

Most sites I've seen have Locker rated as a mid-to-late first round prospect in this class, and I'm guessing that is where he will go.

My guess is that Elway and Fox really like what they see in Jake, perhaps more than what they've witnessed with Tebow so far based on his tape from last season.

It never hurts to have options, and I wouldn't mind us selecting Locker if the value is right and we are still able to address our defensive needs.

Not sure we'll be selecting a quarterback early, but there is plenty of reason to consider it, IMHO.

strafen
03-15-2011, 09:14 PM
The last thing I read on Locker, right after the combine, said he was rising, not falling. In fact he was being seen as a possible top ten pick on some teams boards. Is there a link to a story on him falling now? I think he's going in the first round somewhere...and I wouldn't use even a 2nd rounder on a QB when we have such huge defensive needs.Had Locker declared for the drft last year, he would've been a 1st rounder right?
I thought he was highly coveted last year.
Going into this draft, his stock wasn't as high, but still a good prospect in the eyes of many...

Requiem
03-15-2011, 09:21 PM
Had Locker declared for the drft last year, he would've been a 1st rounder right?
I thought he was highly coveted last year.
Going into this draft, his stock wasn't as high, but still a good prospect in the eyes of many...

Right,

A lot of people expected him to go Top 5, if not #1. He's had some nagging injuries and some underwhelming performances (Nebraska game he was awful, and I'm pretty sure he got hurt in the Stanford game and didn't play against Oregon the next week.)

His senior year was clearly not as good as his junior year, and with a good crop of QB's this year -- his value has fluctuated, not to mention how strong this draft is on the defensive side of the ball.

BroncoSojia
03-15-2011, 09:26 PM
If it was a smoke screen wouldn't it make more sense to bring in Newton or Gabbert since most people actually have them going in the top 5?

TDmvp
03-15-2011, 09:29 PM
If we draft a Offensive Player with our first round pick I'm going on a Mockragious bender of bishing of epic proportion.

Broncos4Life
03-15-2011, 09:30 PM
If the Broncos are bringing in Locker, obviously they are interested.

Just because a prior regime drafted Tebow and thought a lot of him, doesn't mean that Coach Fox, Elway and the rest in command feel the same way about his skills. (Though I've read that Fox/Carolina was interested in Tebow at the draft last year.)

A lot of us were impressed with Tim's limited opportunities last season, but that is not indicative of future successes nor gives creedence to the belief that he is a legitimate, long-term option at quarterback for this team.

Frankly, we all know that Orton isn't going to be around much longer -- and with the ambiguity surrounding Tim, it does not surprise me that we are giving another potential franchise signal caller a look.

Locker was expected to go Top 5 last year, even talk of him being the #1 selection. It is an outside chance that he is there with our earliest second round selection, but I doubt that.

Most sites I've seen have Locker rated as a mid-to-late first round prospect in this class, and I'm guessing that is where he will go.

My guess is that Elway and Fox really like what they see in Jake, perhaps more than what they've witnessed with Tebow so far based on his tape from last season.

It never hurts to have options, and I wouldn't mind us selecting Locker if the value is right and we are still able to address our defensive needs.

Not sure we'll be selecting a quarterback early, but there is plenty of reason to consider it, IMHO.

Good post......But what if they bring in Locker just to draw a little interest.Then if we are in good position to pick him up 2nd or 3rd round we can trad down to get a few extra picks........A little draft strategy maybe.....

So many needs other than QB that I'd be really suprised if we drafted a QB at all. And if we did,it would make more sense in laser rounds.Way too many prospects available that make more sense than a QB in the first 3 rounds.

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2011, 09:35 PM
Funny you mentioned Barkley from USC. I've been sorta following his career ever since Pete Carroll made the controversial move of making him the starter.
I think Barkley could be a great NFL prospect...

i tend to be intrigued by the guys who are the top prospects coming out of college, especially when they start as a freshman

misturanderson
03-15-2011, 09:36 PM
Locker is a right-handed Tebow with better straight line speed, worse overall athleticism, a worse record, worse middle and deep accuracy and worse statistics in a worse conference. BUT his throwing motion is more conventional. Pick him up!

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2011, 09:38 PM
The last thing I read on Locker, right after the combine, said he was rising, not falling. In fact he was being seen as a possible top ten pick on some teams boards. Is there a link to a story on him falling now? I think he's going in the first round somewhere...and I wouldn't use even a 2nd rounder on a QB when we have such huge defensive needs.

wow, i guess the things i read on the guy must have been pre-combine. how he was ranked behind i think Gabbert, Newton, and even Mallet

i had been under the assumption since then that his stock had dropped quite a bit

agreed, though, no way in hell should this team pull the trigger on anyone on the offensive side of the ball until the 3rd round at the absolute soonest.(only exception, somehow Ingram falls into the 2nd, you'd have to jump on that)

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2011, 09:44 PM

i am honestly believing they are looking at him on the chance he is there with our 2nd round pick.

on a side note though. how pissed do you think Locker is as well as his agent and family considering the massive amount of coin Bradford got as the number 1 pick last season when Locker would have gotten considerable thought as the number 1 pick and also the huge guaranteed money of a top 5 pick in general had he not been number 1 overall; when compared with the drastically scaled back money on rookie contracts from now on as well as the fact that he is no longer seen as a top 5 pick?

i have to say, words of advice. if you are talked about as a possible number 1 overall draft pick or even a top 5 pick in the draft, you go pro. you don't go back to school.

cutthemdown
03-15-2011, 09:44 PM
We didn't draft a player we didn't bring in for a workout. Xanders has said this is something that probably won't change.

If Broncos/Elway/Xanders ditched Tebow, got a 2nd round pick for him, Locker drops to 2nd, Broncos Nab him and went with Orton and a Locker do you think the board would implode? Or would they eventually say Locker in the yr Tebow was drafted would have went first so it's a wash? :)

I've decided no one on Broncos has played well enough to get sad about of Elway says they aren't the guy. In John I trust until he shows me otherwise!

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2011, 09:48 PM
If Broncos/Elway/Xanders ditched Tebow, got a 2nd round pick for him, Locker drops to 2nd, Broncos Nab him and went with Orton and a Locker do you think the board would implode? Or would they eventually say Locker in the yr Tebow was drafted would have went first so it's a wash? :)

I've decided no one on Broncos has played well enough to get sad about of Elway says they aren't the guy. In John I trust until he shows me otherwise!

honestly i agree. after a 4-12 season right now the only 2 players on the roster i can 100% say deserve their jobs unquestioned going into next season are Bailey and Lloyd.

as much as i like Tebow and believe he is going to be a great QB for this franchise, a little competition wouldn't hurt, and it will make all competitors better, by working to outdo someone trying to take your job.

misturanderson
03-15-2011, 09:51 PM
i am honestly believing they are looking at him on the chance he is there with our 2nd round pick.

on a side note though. how pissed do you think Locker is as well as his agent and family considering the massive amount of coin Bradford got as the number 1 pick last season when Locker would have gotten considerable thought as the number 1 pick and also the huge guaranteed money of a top 5 pick in general had he not been number 1 overall; when compared with the drastically scaled back money on rookie contracts from now on as well as the fact that he is no longer seen as a top 5 pick?

i have to say, words of advice. if you are talked about as a possible number 1 overall draft pick or even a top 5 pick in the draft, you go pro. you don't go back to school.
I still maintain that that pre-draft hyperbole about Locker was never going to really play out once people actually looked at how horrific his accuracy is.

He probably lost a few million and will drop out of the first round, but I doubt he would have gone top 5 after the combine and pro-days last year (plus the revelation that Bradford could throw after surgery). Though he wouldn't have had the senior bowl to accentuate his deficiencies.

cutthemdown
03-15-2011, 09:55 PM
If Elway thinks Locker is a first round talent, who had an off yr etc etc, and he drops to 2nd, it may be hard for him to pass up. We all love Tebow and want to see what he can do but Elway knows more about QB then we do right? If you were sitting with him and he said Tebows style just not right, not what I want in a QB, it would be hard to argue right?

Everyone thinks Mcd is an idiot and Tebow was his guy, other teams laughed at the pick. I'm starting to wonder if Tebow ever starts for Denver.

He may be asked to play a hybrid position or get traded at some point. Not saying he doesn't get a chance to compete at QB, only I am getting doubtful.

bombay
03-15-2011, 10:05 PM
Excellent.

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2011, 10:26 PM
If Elway thinks Locker is a first round talent, who had an off yr etc etc, and he drops to 2nd, it may be hard for him to pass up. We all love Tebow and want to see what he can do but Elway knows more about QB then we do right? If you were sitting with him and he said Tebows style just not right, not what I want in a QB, it would be hard to argue right?

Everyone thinks Mcd is an idiot and Tebow was his guy, other teams laughed at the pick. I'm starting to wonder if Tebow ever starts for Denver.

He may be asked to play a hybrid position or get traded at some point. Not saying he doesn't get a chance to compete at QB, only I am getting doubtful.

i think Locker is being worked out as a contingency if he falls to the 2nd round, then i believe Elway will pounce on him.

i say Tebow gets 2011. if he shows he can play, and earns the trust of the big 3 he will be the undisputed guy going forward. if he fails and they see no future with him, Elway will work his ass off to get Luck in 2012

epicSocialism4tw
03-15-2011, 10:52 PM

If Tebow isnt given a shot here after exciting fans for those three weeks, the fanbase would finally lose heart I think.

After so much failure from the Plummer rifts to Cutler to Marshall to McD...fans took to Tebow because Tebow brought the commitment and excitement that they wanted all along.

If this management group tossed Tebow now, they'd lose alot of fans overnight.

It would take a superbowl victory to win them back.

vancejohnson82
03-15-2011, 11:15 PM

this would be disastrous for the franchise...

for what its worth, by the end of the year, teams were saying that the Tebow pick might have been a steal

SonOfLe-loLang
03-15-2011, 11:22 PM
Simply bringing in Locker has caused 3 pages of comments. It will raise similar questions among NFL execs...this is probably what they wanted

broncocalijohn
03-15-2011, 11:24 PM
If the Duke likes him enough to essentially trade Orton for him, I'd be ok with it. I realize McD is a ****ing idiot, but look what Brady Quinn was worth to us. Not to mention Matt Schab and Kolb.

You are not going to get the same value from Orton than you will in a Locker draft. Teams want the new shiny car that has the potential to be a Ferrari. Orton wont be that Ferrari and teams dont want to settle on just a good QB; They want the next Manning.
If Locker is still in the 3rd round, then pick him up as the possible great steal of the draft. Be realistic, we are going hardcore defense the first few rounds. Let other teams think we want him and trade up a few spots to secure more picks. I am ok with that scenario.

Just quit football Locker and get on with the Angels career in baseball. We are waiting!

strafen
03-15-2011, 11:25 PM

He may be asked to play a hybrid position or get traded at some point. Not saying he doesn't get a chance to compete at QB, only I am getting doubtfulI'm with you there.
I think so far the FO is sending mixed signals about how they feel about Tebow. Perhaps is a tactic for the upcoming draft, or who knows...
Certainly not much vote of confidence in Tebow, since Elway took over.

I do think this the type of situation that thrives Tebow to prove them wrong.
I want the guy to have a chance to show his determination and a chance to showcase what he's been working hard to improve.
I'm confident he will come thru.
At least I want to see where he's at. I was encouraged with what I saw in 3 games in which he didn't have any chemistry established with the receivers and OL.
A decent defense and more reps with the first unit, and Tebow will deliver...

razorwire77
03-15-2011, 11:46 PM
It is just a workout, but seems if he's sitting there at 2b. . . Who knows?

There are a number of offensive players who grade out as 1st rounders that might be sitting there with 2a or 2b (Locker, Mark Ingram, the big TE from ND Rudolph, Mikel LeShoure.) I can't imagine the Mane meltdown if any of these players are taken with either 2nd rounder.

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2011, 11:51 PM
It is just a workout, but seems if he's sitting there at 2b. . . Who knows?

There are a number of offensive players who grade out as 1st rounders that might be sitting there with 2a or 2b (Locker, Mark Ingram, the big TE from ND Rudolph, Mikel LeShoure.) I can't imagine the Mane meltdown if any of these players are taken with either 2nd rounder.

there will be a meltdown if Locker is taken.

Ingram is the lone offensive guy that if he fell to our 2nd rounder, i say we had better take him.

strafen
03-15-2011, 11:55 PM
there will be a meltdown if Locker is taken.

Ingram is the lone offensive guy that if he fell to our 2nd rounder, i say we had better take him.

Ingram would be nice.
I doubt he would go past the 1st round...

orange crusher
03-16-2011, 12:02 AM
If it was a smoke screen wouldn't it make more sense to bring in Newton or Gabbert since most people actually have them going in the top 5?

Could be a smokescreen to get teams to make a run on QB's before #36. If teams think we want a QB, they might be more apt to jump ahead of us.

Archer81
03-16-2011, 12:23 AM
Jesus...

Its a workout, right? Thats it?

Just checking.

:Broncos:

BroncoMan4ever
03-16-2011, 12:37 AM
Jesus...

Its a workout, right? Thats it?

Just checking.

imagine if he gets drafted. this little blowup controversy would be like a fart in a hurricane compared to the epic **** storm that will occur if Denver selects him

Broncos_OTM
03-16-2011, 01:16 AM
Anybody think we could be scouting him for another team like tennis did for us with cuitler

BroncoMan4ever
03-16-2011, 01:27 AM
Anybody think we could be scouting him for another team like tennis did for us with cuitler

what connections do any of the big 3 have to other teams around the league?

the only one that seems to make any sense is Shanahan in Washington, but i doubt he would ask a 1st year guy like Elway to do something like that, doesn't really have a relationship with Xanders and as far as i know is not at all close with Fox

Shananahan
03-16-2011, 01:53 AM
We talked about this before and I'm in total agreement. I never believed it would happen, though, and believe it even less after his pro days.

Shananahan
03-16-2011, 01:54 AM
Simply bringing in Locker has caused 3 pages of comments.
There hasn't been much competition in way of football discussion not related to the lockout lately.

NUB
03-16-2011, 03:14 AM
Tim Tebow responds to Locker work out. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9nsKFupFmA)

ZONA
03-16-2011, 03:42 AM
Smoke screen - he's the same type of QB Tebow is but not as tough, not as big, not as much fan following craze.

jhns
03-16-2011, 07:20 AM
I watched Locker a couple times and the guy is a terrible QB. Maybe I just picked the wrong games for watching him.

misturanderson
03-16-2011, 09:04 AM
I watched Locker a couple times and the guy is a terrible QB. Maybe I just picked the wrong games for watching him.

No. That's what all of his games look like outside of the ones where he runs all over the other team. He is one of the most overrated QB prospects I can think of with nothing but athleticism and a strong (inaccurate) arm to back it up.

HAT
03-16-2011, 09:43 AM
Everyone thinks Mcd is an idiot and Tebow was his guy

Nobody thinks McD is an idiot when it comes to QB's.

Locker has no chance of being a Bronco. NONE.

oubronco
03-16-2011, 10:03 AM
Does this mean Tebow sucks

bendog
03-16-2011, 10:03 AM
McD is as smart as Dan R66v6s on qb's.

yerner
03-16-2011, 10:38 AM
Does this mean Tebow sucks

Yes.

But I don't think it will matter. Locker is going to the Redskins.

TonyR
03-16-2011, 10:39 AM
Jesus...

I don't think there's room for both Jesus and Tebow on this team...

BroncoMan4ever
03-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Nobody thinks McD is an idiot when it comes to QB's.

Locker has no chance of being a Bronco. NONE.

good point on McDaniels. even after the incredible failure in Denver, he was still seen as a really great offensive mind and QB guru. St Louis didn't take long to put him in charge of the future development of their prized investment Bradford.

teknic
03-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Yes.

But I don't think it will matter. Locker is going to the Redskins.

Although Shanahan and Elway weren't on great terms at the end of his tenure, do you think it's possible Shanny called up his old QB and asked him to check out Locker?

If the Redskins work out Locker, everyone knows he's the obvious pick. Is Dan Snyder actually trying to keep a low profile for once?

Archer81
03-16-2011, 07:12 PM
imagine if he gets drafted. this little blowup controversy would be like a fart in a hurricane compared to the epic **** storm that will occur if Denver selects him

Imagine the Cutler saga.

Now add in a talented 2nd year player with every intangible you could want and a rookie who has no idea what he got drafted into.

If that happens, it will be mages vs templars. It will suck.

Bigdawg26
03-17-2011, 09:30 AM
I think this is because just in case Orton can be traded for a second round pick and Locker just so happens to slip they can grab him.To me it doesn't seem like they have a lot of confidence in Tebow!

jhns
03-17-2011, 09:56 AM
To me it doesn't seem like they have a lot of confidence in Tebow!

It does look that way. I'm not sure they like any of the QBs on roster. Elway has talked multiple times about the Cutler trade being a big mistake. They have also said that they were looking for a second for Orton. This makes me think they don't really want Orton. Then they named Orton the starter and have talked about needing someone that can throw from the pocket. This makes me think that they aren't confident that Tebow is the answer. We can pray that they don't see Quinn as their guy. Now they are working out crap college prospects, which tells me they are searching for their guy still.

Really though, a lot of what they do and say at this time of the year doesn't mean much. They could be trying to motivate, throw other teams off, and raise the value of these QBs. My opinion is that we should see what Tebow can do.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-17-2011, 01:18 PM
It does look that way. I'm not sure they like any of the QBs on roster. Elway has talked multiple times about the Cutler trade being a big mistake. They have also said that they were looking for a second for Orton. This makes me think they don't really want Orton. Then they named Orton the starter and have talked about needing someone that can throw from the pocket. This makes me think that they aren't confident that Tebow is the answer. We can pray that they don't see Quinn as their guy. Now they are working out crap college prospects, which tells me they are searching for their guy still.

Really though, a lot of what they do and say at this time of the year doesn't mean much. They could be trying to motivate, throw other teams off, and raise the value of these QBs. My opinion is that we should see what Tebow can do.

I think you're right. Additionally, there is no way that Locker is less of a developmental project than Tebow at this point. Some of this has to be posturing.

lostknight
03-17-2011, 01:20 PM
Smoke Screens rarely are. Last year everyone said that about Tebow. All Tebow did this year is go out there and have the best statistical year of the rookies. this organization baffles me.

Never thought I would see the day where the Rockies management was the best in the biz, and the Broncos management can't get their heads out of their asses.

oubronco
03-17-2011, 01:22 PM
They just need to ride out this year if there is a year with Tebow and if he stinks it up real good then we could be in a spot to hopefully get Luck

The Moops
03-18-2011, 04:59 AM
geeezzz, we don't need a QB in the early rounds. Let's fix the defense first!

waz06
03-18-2011, 09:10 AM
I also think it is a smoke screen by the front office. I do not think they would want to risk alienating the fan base anymore after the Mcd debacle and the current lockout.

TheChamp24
03-18-2011, 01:13 PM
WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER JAKE PLUMMER WITH LESS SKILLS.

razorwire77
03-18-2011, 01:46 PM
They've got to give Tebow every opportunity to become the full-time starter, and allow him to start for the 2011 season. Anything short of that will create an epic **** storm among the fan base, and the local media will dump huge amounts of gasoline on that fire. Elway is smart enough to realize this. Tebow will get this year to prove himself.

If Tebow plays really poorly, like multiple int and pick six games poor (which I doubt he will), and we suck next year, the fan base will be much more receptive to drafting Luck next year. If Tebow plays that badly, we will be picking in the top 5 again, so we should be in a position to draft a QB should that be the case.

BroncoInferno
03-18-2011, 02:28 PM
I am going to give Elway the benefit of the doubt and assume he is just doing his due dilligence and trying to create a smoke screen to create some trade action amongst teams looking for a QB. BUT...if he actually drafts a QB anywhere in the first two rounds, it will be UNACCEPTABLE. I am not 100% sold on Tebow, but he certainly showed enough in his three starts to earn a longer look. There is no excuse to sink more costs into the QB spot before we even know what we have with Tebow and have given him a fair chance. Tebow should get the nod this year, and if he sucks, fine...we can address the position next season. If he is a complete washout, we'll probably be in position to draft Luck. QB in the top two rounds this season is UNACCEPTABLE, John. The 3rd would be pushing it, but if someone like Locker were to slip like McCoy did last season then that would be acceptable.