Demarco Murray
Danny Watkins
Julius Thomas- Portland State

tsiguy96
03-15-2011, 11:40 AM
On phone, will copy them in a bit

misturanderson
03-15-2011, 11:53 AM
Why would we possibly want Jake Locker? He's Tebow without the stats, or winning. All he does is look good sucking ass as a QB.

schaaf
03-15-2011, 11:54 AM
I say set up private workouts with everyone possible

phibacka31
03-15-2011, 11:58 AM
Here's the Locker Link

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ec534b/article/broncos-titans-vikings-among-teams-to-work-out-qb-locker?module=HP_headlines

Pick Six
03-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Here's the Locker Link

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ec534b/article/broncos-titans-vikings-among-teams-to-work-out-qb-locker?module=HP_headlines

What? He has the picks mixed up. He has the Vikings as the 2nd overall pick, and the Broncos with the 12th pick...LOL LOL LOL

phibacka31
03-15-2011, 12:06 PM
What? He has the picks mixed up. He has the Vikings as the 2nd overall pick, and the Broncos with the 12th pick...LOL LOL LOL

LOL!!!

Too funny I didn't even read the snipet, but that is SAD

BMarsh615
03-16-2011, 10:16 AM
Not a private workout but.....

We’ve got several Pro Day visits coming up, including Missouri’s on Thursday.

https://twitter.com/johnelway

Gabbert? I know they aren't thinking of taking Aldon Smith at #2...

tsiguy96
03-16-2011, 10:38 AM
Not a private workout but.....

https://twitter.com/johnelway

Gabbert? I know they aren't thinking of taking Aldon Smith at #2...

Not all the pro days are about the first round guys...

BroncoMan4ever
03-16-2011, 12:18 PM
add MIAMI DE Allen Bailey to te list of players who will come in for a workout.

also Kendrick Ellis is a possibility as supposedly Denver is interested in him in possibly the 2nd and Julius Thomas as a TE prospect in the 6th round are both drawing interest

footstepsfrom#27
03-16-2011, 12:43 PM
add MIAMI DE Allen Bailey to te list of players who will come in for a workout.

also Kendrick Ellis is a possibility as supposedly Denver is interested in him in possibly the 2nd and Julius Thomas as a TE prospect in the 6th round are both drawing interest
Really? Do you have a link? I would like this pick in the 2nd.

BroncoMan4ever
03-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Really? Do you have a link? I would like this pick in the 2nd.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20110316_sources_kenrick_ellis_on_radar_of_steeler s_eagles_broncos_patriots_packers

bendog
03-16-2011, 01:06 PM
interesting. He might be a huge pick up (-: or a psychopath

Kaylore
03-16-2011, 01:10 PM
Von Miller scares me like Vernon Gholston.

scorpio
03-16-2011, 01:40 PM
I was hoping this thread would be about whether it's okay to lift with gloves or not.

(it's not)

BMarsh615
03-17-2011, 05:58 AM
Add Da'Quan Bowers...

Clemson blue-chip defensive end Da'Quan Bowers' "knee is great," according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.
Per the source, Bowers has recovered from his surgery to repair a partially torn lateral meniscus from January and is set to perform at his April 1 Pro Day campus workout.
"All is good," the source said. "Is and has been training without limitation for a long time now."

Meanwhile, the junior defensive lineman has official visits scheduled with eight of the top 10 teams. That includes the Carolina Panthers, Denver Broncos, Buffalo Bills, Cincinnati Bengals, Arizona Cardinals, Cleveland Browns and the Tennessee Titans.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-on-DaQuan-Bowers-Knee-is-great-training-without-limitation.html

More at the link....

BroncoInferno
03-17-2011, 06:15 AM
Von Miller scares me like Vernon Gholston.

Why? Gholston was a workout warrior who was not terribly productive in college and never had any business getting draft at #6 overall. Von Miller was an ultra-productive player in college, his ridiculous workout numbers are just a bonus. He's nothing like Gholston. Miller's probably the surest thing in the draft after Peterson. Guy is an animal.

tsiguy96
03-17-2011, 06:30 AM
I was hoping this thread would be about whether it's okay to lift with gloves or not.

(it's not)

True that!

oubronco
03-17-2011, 07:41 AM
Confirmed so far:
Patrick Peterson - CB, LSU
Jake Locker - QB, Washington
Von Miller - OLD/DE, Texas A&M
Demarco Murray - RB, OSU
Danny Watkins - OL, Baylor
Julius Thomas - TE, Portland State
Allen Bailey - DE, Miami (FL)

Murray is from OU get it right

schaaf
03-17-2011, 08:38 AM

boy you better get that **** right

TheReverend
03-17-2011, 08:43 AM
Why? Gholston was a workout warrior who was not terribly productive in college and never had any business getting draft at #6 overall. Von Miller was an ultra-productive player in college, his ridiculous workout numbers are just a bonus. He's nothing like Gholston. Miller's probably the surest thing in the draft after Peterson. Guy is an animal.

I forgot All American doesn't count as productive anymore...

He also broke Mike Vrabel's sack record with 14.5 in 13 games.

But hey, he wasn't productive.

schaaf
03-17-2011, 08:45 AM
I think Gholston's problem was that he is a 4-3 D-End and they tried to switch him to a 3-4 OLB most players can't make that transition

schaaf
03-17-2011, 08:46 AM
I wouldn't mind if we brought him in as a traditional 4-3 End, he's still young and has a ton of upside

Chris
03-17-2011, 08:51 AM
I think this was going to be photos of you lifting weights. I am relieved.

BroncoInferno
03-17-2011, 09:15 AM
I forgot All American doesn't count as productive anymore...

He also broke Mike Vrabel's sack record with 14.5 in 13 games.

But hey, he wasn't productive.

Nope. Not terribly productive when compared to Miller ;D

Pony Boy
03-17-2011, 09:31 AM

I would would be shickled titless to see Murray in a Bronco's uniform.

TheReverend
03-17-2011, 09:33 AM
Nope. Not terribly productive when compared to Miller ;D

Miller's best season (his junior year) was 2.5 sacks more. I wouldn't particularly call 2.5 sacks the difference between not terribly productive and terribly productive, but jmo i suppose

BroncoInferno
03-17-2011, 09:39 AM
Miller's best season (his junior year) was 2.5 sacks more. I would particularly call 2.5 sacks the difference between not terribly productive and terry productive, but jmo i suppose

I know, dude...shoulda checked the stats before I opened my mouth. I remember clearly a lot of people thinking Gholston was a big reach at the time...I was remembering him as the classic "workout warrior" guy. I guess it was more of an instincts/technique thing with him.

TheReverend
03-17-2011, 09:56 AM
I know, dude...shoulda checked the stats before I opened my mouth. I remember clearly a lot of people thinking Gholston was a big reach at the time...I was remembering him as the classic "workout warrior" guy. I guess it was more of an instincts/technique thing with him.

Holy crap, how did you comprehend my terrible typing? I need to fix that asap, it makes no sense

BMarsh615
03-18-2011, 11:46 AM
The Sporting News reports Gabbert has private workouts (http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-01/2011-nfl-draft/story/missouri-qb-blaine-gabbert-will-throw-to-unfamiliar-receivers) scheduled with the Dolphins, Ravens, and Broncos.

misturanderson
03-18-2011, 12:00 PM
I think Gholston's problem was that he is a 4-3 D-End and they tried to switch him to a 3-4 OLB most players can't make that transition

That's where nearly all rush LBs for 3-4s come from. Not many college teams play a 3-4 and not many 4-3 LBs are good at rushing the passer. Most players can't make the transition to the NFL, most smaller, athletic 4-3 DEs that make it in the NFL can make the transition to 3-4 OLB if they are asked.

It's not like Gholston is 6'5" and 300 lbs. trying to play OLB. He's the perfect size and has great athleticism to play OLB in a 3-4. Being a 4-3 DE is not his problem.

TheReverend
03-18-2011, 12:18 PM
The Sporting News reports Gabbert has private workouts (http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-01/2011-nfl-draft/story/missouri-qb-blaine-gabbert-will-throw-to-unfamiliar-receivers) scheduled with the Dolphins, Ravens, and Broncos.

gunns
03-18-2011, 01:04 PM
If we still had Shanahan we'd know we wouldn't be taking any of these guys.

schaaf
03-18-2011, 01:21 PM
That's where nearly all rush LBs for 3-4s come from. Not many college teams play a 3-4 and not many 4-3 LBs are good at rushing the passer. Most players can't make the transition to the NFL, most smaller, athletic 4-3 DEs that make it in the NFL can make the transition to 3-4 OLB if they are asked.

It's not like Gholston is 6'5" and 300 lbs. trying to play OLB. He's the perfect size and has great athleticism to play OLB in a 3-4. Being a 4-3 DE is not his problem.

That's what I'm saying we could pick up Gholston and bring him in as a 4-3 DE and he could have a ton of upside

tsiguy96
03-18-2011, 01:22 PM
If we still had Shanahan we'd know we wouldn't be taking any of these guys.

and with mcdaniels, this would be our draft.

outdoor_miner
03-18-2011, 01:56 PM

I'm officially convinced this is a smoke screen, and am now certain that all the Tebow down-playing this offseason has been posturing. They are either trying very hard to trade down, or are hoping that someone takes a QB at #1 (either Carolina, or someone trading in front of the Broncos) so that they are certain that "their guy" falls to #2. The whole "we only draft who we bring in for private workouts" was a McD thing, and they are now using that to their advantage.

God, please let this be true. :)

schaaf
03-18-2011, 02:06 PM
Xanders has publicly stated that the "only drafting from the list of who you've interviewed" is probably something that won't change.

He could be lying, but I expect the majority of the players we draft will be from this list.

broncosteven
03-18-2011, 02:10 PM
and with mcdaniels, this would be our draft.

This is scarcasm I hope.

BMarsh615
03-21-2011, 11:40 AM
- Temple S Jaiquawn Jarrett will visit with the Jets, Giants and Rams and will have workouts with the Patriots and Broncos, the National Football Post is reporting. Jarrett’s lowest 40-yard dash time at the scouting combine was 4.54 seconds and he bench pressed 225 pounds 14 times

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/14841584

schaaf
03-21-2011, 11:46 AM
I'm officially convinced this is a smoke screen, and am now certain that all the Tebow down-playing this offseason has been posturing. They are either trying very hard to trade down, or are hoping that someone takes a QB at #1 (either Carolina, or someone trading in front of the Broncos) so that they are certain that "their guy" falls to #2. The whole "we only draft who we bring in for private workouts" was a McD thing, and they are now using that to their advantage.

God, please let this be true. :)

I do believe that this is definitely a smokescreen and I do believe that we're downplaying Tebow to use to our advantage

tsiguy96
03-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Colin Kaepernick added to list, per NFP

PRBronco
03-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Colin Kaepernick added to list, per NFP

JFC. Elway's got me sweating here.

CEH
03-21-2011, 04:44 PM
From a draft friend of mine, we are expected to workout Kendell Hunter Okie State RB.

He also told me about Temple S Jaiquawn Jarrett yesterday

Soul-Bronco
03-21-2011, 05:43 PM
Alan bailey in the 2nd would be a great pick up for us. THis guy has been a beast for the U for a long time.

I know we are set at this position, and I am a Cane homer, but if we could get leonard hankerson in the 3rd that would be a steal, dude broke micheal irvin's TD record for miami and he isnt even listed as a top 5 receiver

elsid13
03-21-2011, 06:18 PM
I think it easy to say that no player (including Tebow) is safe from having competition on this team. If Elway, Xanders and Fox think a QB is the best choice for the team they will select one. This really is a rebuilding process.

FireFly
03-21-2011, 06:40 PM
Is there much of a precedent for players who miss their senior season due to injury doing well in the NFL?

elsid13
03-21-2011, 06:44 PM
Is there much of a precedent for players who miss their senior season due to injury doing well in the NFL?

Willis McGhee, Cromotora (sp?)

oubronco
03-21-2011, 06:45 PM
I think it easy to say that no player (including Tebow) is safe from having competition on this team. If Elway, Xanders and Fox think a QB is the best choice for the team they will select one. This really is a rebuilding process.

I agree with this

BMarsh615
03-21-2011, 06:53 PM
According to several league sources, the Denver Broncos are scheduled to visit with: Connecticut linebacker Lawrence Wilson; Temple safety Jaiquawn Jarrett; Nevada quarterback Colin Kaepernick; Florida State quarterback Christian Ponder; Auburn quarterback Cam Newton and Missouri quarterback Blaine Gabbert.

http://www.facebook.com/BroncosZone/posts/10150162108359002

Don't know the "sources" this guy has but this is the first I have heard of Denver showing interest in Ponder and Newton.

LonghornBronco
03-31-2011, 10:41 AM
Casey Matthews will visit next week. If he is anything like his brother get'em.

Also, University of Miami cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke worked out for (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/DeMarcus-Van-Dyke-working-out-for-Broncos-Falcons-today.html&team=137) the Broncos and the Atlanta Falcons on Wednesday.
Van Dyke didn’t put up any flashy numbers during his collegiate career, but he did run the third-fastest time in the past decade at the NFL Combine (4.25).

http://broncotalk.net/2011/03/21596/broncos-buzz/matthews-van-dyke-to-vist-dove-valley/

LonghornBronco
03-31-2011, 11:55 AM
Found this great resource.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/09/2011-draft-visits-and-workouts-tracker/

Denver Broncos
+Texas A&M linebacker Von Miller (3/10).
+Portland State tight end Julius Thomas (3/16).
*Baylor guard Danny Watkins (3/17).
*Oklahoma running back DeMarco Murray (3/?).
Miami defensive end Allen Bailey (3/?).
*Miami cornerback Brandon Harris (3/30).
*Miami cornerback Demarcus Van Dyke (3/30).
+Nevada quarterback Colin Kaepernick (3/31).
*Washington quarterback Jake Locker (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=6424) (4/1).
Oklahoma State running back Kendall Hunter (?/?).
*Temple safety Jaiquawn Jarrett (?/?).
*Florida State quarterback Christian Ponder (?/?).
*Missouri defensive end Aldon Smith (?/?).
*Oklahoma safety Quinton Carter (?/?).
Clemson defensive end Da’Quan Bowers (?/?).
Connecticut linebacker Lawrence Wilson (?/?).
Missouri quarterback Blaine Gabbert (?/?).
Alabama defensive tackle Marcell Dareus (?/?).
Baylor defensive tackle Phil Taylor (3/?).
+LSU cornerback Patrick Peterson (4/?).
Oregon linebacker Casey Matthews (4/?).
Auburn defensive tackle Nick Fairley (4/6).
Auburn quarterback Cam Newton (4/18).
Abilene Christian wide receiver Edmond Gates (4/19).

LonghornBronco
03-31-2011, 12:03 PM
We workout Kaepernick today and Locker tomorrow.

Either we are seriously taking a QB or EFX is executing a smoke screen that would make the brown cloud blush.

oubronco
04-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Clemson star Bowers visits Broncos

Make no mistake, the Broncos are considering trading back from the No. 2 spot so long as they get another first-round pick, and at least a second-round pick, in return.

The possibility of trading out of the No. 2 spot is why the Broncos are visiting with so many players who may go later in the first round.

Besides Bowers, the Broncos will meet today with linebacker Von Miller, defensive tackle Nick Fairley on Wednesday and quarterback Cam Newton on April 19.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17772110 (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17772110)

Interestingly they throw this little nugget in there

broncosteven
04-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Clemson star Bowers visits Broncos

Make no mistake, the Broncos are considering trading back from the No. 2 spot so long as they get another first-round pick, and at least a second-round pick, in return.

The possibility of trading out of the No. 2 spot is why the Broncos are visiting with so many players who may go later in the first round.

Besides Bowers, the Broncos will meet today with linebacker Von Miller, defensive tackle Nick Fairley on Wednesday and quarterback Cam Newton on April 19.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17772110 (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17772110)

Interestingly they throw this little nugget in there

I am liking the trade back option more and more the closer we get to draft day. If they can draft for quality depth this year and fill some of the holes we can go after playmakers in the next 2 years.

tsiguy96
04-05-2011, 11:34 AM
I am liking the trade back option more and more the closer we get to draft day. If they can draft for quality depth this year and fill some of the holes we can go after playmakers in the next 2 years.

playmakers win games, you dont use the #1-8 pick on solid depth, and they have basically no option to trade back farther

broncosteven
04-05-2011, 11:40 AM
playmakers win games, you dont use the #1-8 pick on solid depth, and they have basically no option to trade back farther

1 playmaker is not going take this team from 4-12 to 10-6. Look at the Patsy's outside of Brady (who was a 6th round pick) who have they drafted that is a playmaker?

It would make more sense to trade back a couple times if we can to the late 1st round and stock pile as many 2nd, 3rd, 4th round picks as we can.

I think we could trade back down the top ten with a team like Tenn who is desperate for a QB, I think it may be harder to trade back down again after that but it would be nice if we could. Just think about how many positions we could address with a stock pile of picks.

tsiguy96
04-05-2011, 11:43 AM
1 playmaker is not going take this team from 4-12 to 10-6. Look at the Patsy's outside of Brady (who was a 6th round pick) who have they drafted that is a playmaker?

It would make more sense to trade back a couple times if we can to the late 1st round and stock pile as many 2nd, 3rd, 4th round picks as we can.

I think we could trade back down the top ten with a team like Tenn who is desperate for a QB, I think it may be harder to trade back down again after that but it would be nice if we could. Just think about how many positions we could address with a stock pile of picks.

no one is going to trade up to 2 for a QB who may very well fall to the teens. gabbert has recently been given 2nd round grades after people evaluate more and more.