PDA

View Full Version : Birthday gift (jersey) for my sis, need sizing help

Boobs McGee
03-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Attention! Wonderful, wise, attractive ladies of the Mane (this means all of you :wave: ), or men with football loving wives, I need some help from you.

I'm looking to buy my sister a jersey for her birthday, but haven't ever shopped for a woman before (in the jersey department).

I've tried looking up sizing, but I'm still a little hesitant on the whole thing.

Devon: about 5'5" or so, a little on the thicker side, VERY busty.

I dunno if it would be better to go with a men's jersey? As far as fitment goes, what would you all recommend?

Beantown Bronco
03-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Gonna have to go with men's sizing most likely. I've never seen a "women's cut" NFL jersey that was made for any girl over a size 4 at best.

Boobs McGee
03-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Gonna have to go with men's sizing most likely. I've never seen a "women's cut" NFL jersey that was made for any girl over a size 4 at best.

That's kind of what I was afraid of :( Went to the dickssportinggoods site, and they HAVE women's, but their jersey's aren't what I'm looking for. I want to get her a M+N, but don't really see women's sizing.

Circle Orange
03-09-2011, 10:49 AM
That's kind of what I was afraid of :( Went to the *****sportinggoods site, and they HAVE women's, but their jersey's aren't what I'm looking for. I want to get her a M+N, but don't really see women's sizing.

Go with a 1x team jersey. But beware, the cheap knockoffs do NOT run true to size (short and boxy). Better to shell out the cash for a starters, or a quality replica. Plus, they won't shrink. Always go a little 'big' because people always layer under the jersey as the weather changes.

Boobs McGee
03-09-2011, 10:52 AM
Go with a 1x team jersey. But beware, the cheap knockoffs do NOT run true to size (short and boxy). Better to shell out the cash for a starters, or a quality replica. Plus, they won't shrink. Always go a little 'big' because people always layer under the jersey as the weather changes.

Not sure I know exactly what that is?

Popps
03-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Can you check the size of one of her t-shirts without her noticing some day? Alteration is also an option, though you wouldn't be able to return it, of course. You could just give her one that's a little large, and throw in free alteration as part of the gift in some way?

Circle Orange
03-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Not sure I know exactly what that is?

There are jerseys called "Starters" which are the official NFL jersey (they can get pricey). Most sports stores sell less expensive copies. The better ones run LONG. If you order from a catalog, I would recommend

Big and Tall.com

They have GREAT NFL stuff. Order your sis a 1x. I'm tall and chesty myself (6'1") and long waisted so those silly 'women' jerseys don't fit. Besides, the men's jerseys are long and lean. and she'll like the cut better. Go here:

http://www.kingsizedirect.com/?affiliate_id=029&affiliate_location_id=70&WT.srch=1&gclid=CJOdosmJwqcCFc885QodTzSrOA

Good Luck!

And remember, go with the longer jerseys (some knockoffs are shorter, you'll have to compare) since your sis is 5'5" length shouldn't be a problem.

strafen
03-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Attention! Wonderful, wise, attractive ladies of the Mane (this means all of you :wave: ), or men with football loving wives, I need some help from you.

I'm looking to buy my sister a jersey for her birthday, but haven't ever shopped for a woman before (in the jersey department).

I've tried looking up sizing, but I'm still a little hesitant on the whole thing.

I dunno if it would be better to go with a men's jersey? As far as fitment goes, what would you all recommend?Got pics? Ha! :wave:

Boobs McGee
03-09-2011, 01:49 PM
There are jerseys called "Starters" which are the official NFL jersey (they can get pricey). Most sports stores sell less expensive copies. The better ones run LONG. If you order from a catalog, I would recommend

Big and Tall.com

They have GREAT NFL stuff. Order your sis a 1x. I'm tall and chesty myself (6'1") and long waisted so those silly 'women' jerseys don't fit. Besides, the men's jerseys are long and lean. and she'll like the cut better. Go here:

http://www.kingsizedirect.com/?affiliate_id=029&affiliate_location_id=70&WT.srch=1&gclid=CJOdosmJwqcCFc885QodTzSrOA

Good Luck!

And remember, go with the longer jerseys (some knockoffs are shorter, you'll have to compare) since your sis is 5'5" length shouldn't be a problem.

OOOOOOooooooh, gotcha! Great idea. I actually just went and saw her (she knows I'm getting it for her, but it's her first jersey so she's uncertain as well), and brought along MY jersey. I have an authentic Champ jersey, size 50. She actually liked the fit and feel of it...it was a LITTLE big for her length wise, so I'll have to go back and check to see what the difference is in a 48.

I'll definitely go check out the site, it sounds like that'll be the way to go. Thank so much for the help!

@ popps, thanks for the suggestion, if I can't find something from the site circle orange suggested, I might go with the alteration route.

@strafen, not a chance in hell

Willynowei
03-09-2011, 02:03 PM
:worthless

TheChamp24
03-09-2011, 03:01 PM
I can't believe it took so long before someone asked for pics.
I'm ashamed of you OM, ashamed.

strafen
03-09-2011, 06:57 PM

I dunno if it would be better to go with a men's jersey? As far as fitment goes, what would you all recommend?Check this link out.
They have jerseys and all kind of stuff for the ladies.

http://www.nflshop.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=3474370&cp=3473762

Size chart (http://www.nflshop.com/product/sizeChart.jsp?productId=3631846)

Also, if you drive down to Invesco you should be able to find what you need at the broncos shop.
I believe it's on the west side of the stadium.
Very knowledgeable people and tons of neat stuff for everyone...

BroncoMan4ever
03-09-2011, 07:14 PM
my ex was similar in build. right about 5'6" but really busty. we couldn't find female cut jerseys, because from what we found out, if you have over a D cup they are not going to fit. we went and bought a size 48 reebok authentic for her. it was still a little long, but fit the body really well.

broncosteven
03-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Where is that pic Meck used to have of the chick in the blue Bronco tee from 2005ish?

That is one of my favorites from the Mane.

That One Guy
03-09-2011, 09:19 PM
I can't believe it took so long before someone asked for pics.
I'm ashamed of you OM, ashamed.

THIS!

Every other post in this thread should've been the "worthless without pics" response. I'm quite let down.

So, to reiterate, to multiple people now... :worthless

broncocalijohn
03-09-2011, 10:20 PM
THIS!

Every other post in this thread should've been the "worthless without pics" response. I'm quite let down.

I was going to reply like this but thought, "someone beat me to it." Took WiilyNowie to actually do it correctly. You really cant count on Strafen to do it the mane way. He almost had it but with a little work, he will get there.

BroncoMan4ever
03-09-2011, 10:43 PM
THIS!

well since boobs in threads were outlawed near the beginning of the McDaniels regime i have been under the belief any postings like that would be cause for mod harassment

(BTW is it coincidence the Broncos tanked after the outlawing of boobs?)

Circle Orange
03-10-2011, 09:07 PM
OOOOOOooooooh, gotcha! Great idea. I actually just went and saw her (she knows I'm getting it for her, but it's her first jersey so she's uncertain as well), and brought along MY jersey. I have an authentic Champ jersey, size 50. She actually liked the fit and feel of it...it was a LITTLE big for her length wise, so I'll have to go back and check to see what the difference is in a 48.

I'll definitely go check out the site, it sounds like that'll be the way to go. Thank so much for the help!

@ popps, thanks for the suggestion, if I can't find something from the site circle orange suggested, I might go with the alteration route.

@strafen, not a chance in hell

It's a small world! My brother got ME an authentic Landry Jersey (Redskins) for Christmas this year! It's the super long type (around 40") so its perfect!

Oh, another tip for your sister (and any ladies interested) when buying the men's jerseys, use the chest size for your HIPS. Mens jerseys are measured by chest sizes (42, 44, 46, etc) so if your hips match the chest measurement, you're good even if you got a lotta rack. :sunshine:

Boobs McGee
03-11-2011, 11:50 PM
thanks again for the tips everybody...ended up getting her a SWEET Mitchell and Ness white elway superbowl 33 throwback. its got the navy letters/numbers with Orange double stitching, and the superbowl patch, Size 48. Pretty cool jersey!

AND, the guy is going to fill my best friends order as well...he's getting married later this year, and is buying the groomsmen jerseys. The seller has a great selection of older stuff, so we've got an atwater, Dennis smith, sharpe, td, and elway coming as well. cheap pricing!

footstepsfrom#27
03-12-2011, 02:29 AM

I dunno if it would be better to go with a men's jersey? As far as fitment goes, what would you all recommend?
I sure hope that's not her in your avatar...that thing is hideous! ;D

Gort
03-12-2011, 05:51 AM

it took 3 hours and 32 minutes from the time of the OP until the first post with this... the OM is DEFINITELY in off season mode. that's almost as long as it takes Kyle Orton to scramble out of the pocket for a 4 yard gain. c'mon guys, we're better than that!

:yayaya:

Boobs McGee
03-12-2011, 11:30 AM
The beautiful lady

http://orangemane.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=2

and the jersey

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5018/5519868211_d53861a66f_z.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5020/5520457302_ebfd19a482_z.jpg

The only real differences between this and an authentic are the SB patch (piping around the yelow is a little thicker) and the M+N Logo (doesn't have the shadow box).

Otherwise, measured it all against my buddy's authentic, and it's damn near identical

eddie mac
03-12-2011, 12:04 PM
Those pics were perfect right until the end.

andre
11-14-2011, 03:45 AM

cant agree more ,and pls check the following link , i bought there for some women's for my wife

http://weiketrade.com/Product/Pro1145.Html

Doggcow
11-14-2011, 03:55 AM
Knockoffs are totally the way to go.

I bought 2 authentic jerseys that got "imperfected" by the like 5th time I wore them and it pissed me the **** off. Now I just buy a new knockoff if it's bad.

And seriously, how many people are going to get within 6 inches of you to check the stitching and whatnot of a knockoff? If it even matters. Serves its purpose just fine imo.

Sassy
11-14-2011, 08:35 AM

The women's jersey's run more narrow...and having larger breasts myself, the guys jersey fits better...and are longer...Personally, I would give her a gift card so she could pick it out herself (like for nfl shop. com) ...it's really hard to pick sizes these days they all varie.

Even for tees / hoodies I usually take an xl in women's and a L in men's if that helps at all.

t-diddy
11-14-2011, 09:28 AM
When buying clothes for women it is ALWAYS good to remember that you buy the biggest size possible... XXL if possible. That is my rule of thumb...

55CrushEm
11-14-2011, 09:30 AM
So your sister is busty? Was that her, in your previous avy cupping herself?

Oh, and I should neg rep you for removing that avy.

strafen
11-14-2011, 09:33 AM

cant agree more ,and pls check the following link , i bought there for some women's for my wife

http://weiketrade.com/Product/Pro1145.HtmlNo, this surely doesn't prove you're spammer, right?
You need to pay TJ a fee if you're going to push your business here for free, imo... :wiggle:

Boobs McGee
11-14-2011, 10:09 AM
So your sister is busty? Was that her, in your previous avy cupping herself?

Oh, and I should neg rep you for removing that avy.

Lol no, that wasn't my sister holding her boobs in my last avy. Just for you though, ill make my next one a pic of the ex gf with giant tatas. ;D

Archer81
11-14-2011, 10:20 AM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5020/5520457302_ebfd19a482_z.jpg

You have midget big toes?

:Broncos:

RhymesayersDU
11-14-2011, 10:25 AM
Very helpful thread; my sister has been complaining that she doesn't have a jersey, so I was going to do a Von Miller for Christmas.

Boobs McGee
11-14-2011, 11:07 AM
Lol Chris I have hobbit feet.

@ rhymes, do eet, my sister loves hers

Chris
11-14-2011, 12:23 PM
My feet

http://barefoot-spring.de/barefoot/jake_avatar_feet.jpg

DomCasual
11-14-2011, 12:27 PM
I can get my hands on these, if you want them. They are totally legit!

Sassy
11-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Those are ugly...sorry.

DomCasual
11-14-2011, 12:30 PM
Those are ugly...sorry.

They're LEGIT!

DomCasual
11-14-2011, 12:31 PM
They even have The Players The Best Sport Official patches!

Miss I.
11-14-2011, 12:31 PM
I can get my hands on these, if you want them. They are totally legit!

I do not believe those are legit. They look like were made in a sweat shop in India with orange fish netting and reflective tape. ;D But of course I do think you might be one wild and crazy guy trying to toy with us.

Sassy
11-14-2011, 12:32 PM
They're LEGIT!

I still don't care for them. Just an opinion. They look cheap.

Shotgun Willie
11-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Sassy. Quick. Something just went over your head.

DomCasual
11-14-2011, 12:45 PM

The new guy with a zinger!

It's an old joke (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=61825&highlight=jersey), Sassy.

andre
11-15-2011, 04:38 AM
No, this surely doesn't prove you're spammer, right?
You need to pay TJ a fee if you're going to push your business here for free, imo... :wiggle:

not my business , if i bought from reebok and appreciate reebok ,does it mean i'm the spammer from reebok ?

RhymesayersDU
11-15-2011, 07:03 AM

Nothing about Sassy is quick.

strafen
11-15-2011, 07:03 AM
They're LEGIT!Look at the letters font.
They're fake!

RhymesayersDU
11-15-2011, 07:04 AM
I can't believe Dom hooked not 1 but 2 people with that.

Sarcasm, people.

Gort
11-15-2011, 08:24 AM
it's your sister, so...

a) buy any size jersey... just eyeball it.
b) buy a diet book.
c) buy a cook book.
d) give her jersey.
e) if she complains it's too big, give her the cook book.
f) if she complains it's too small, give her the diet book.
g) tell her to go fix you a sammich.

TheChamp24
11-15-2011, 12:03 PM
it's your sister, so...

a) buy any size jersey... just eyeball it.
b) buy a diet book.
c) buy a cook book.
d) give her jersey.
e) if she complains it's too big, give her the cook book.
f) if she complains it's too small, give her the diet book.
g) tell her to go fix you a sammich.

http://s1.static.gotsmile.net/images/2011/05/02/comeback-for-sandwich_130434539042.jpg

Miss I.
11-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich. ;D

RhymesayersDU
11-28-2011, 09:30 PM
This is being topped; here's the info:

Sister sizing info which I have:
31 jeans
Medium top (women's cut shirts, etc)

I'm thinking Men's small Von Miller jersey. Somebody help before this 20% off runs out.

Pony Boy
11-28-2011, 09:39 PM
Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich. ;D

My golden rule is if you can't eat it, wear it or hump it has no value to me ...... ;D

Vegas_Bronco
11-28-2011, 09:44 PM
Im waiting for the miller all pro and TT intangible all pro jerseys....beeetchen.

Blueflame
11-28-2011, 09:58 PM
This is being topped; here's the info:

Sister sizing info which I have:
31 jeans
Medium top (women's cut shirts, etc)

I'm thinking Men's small Von Miller jersey. Somebody help before this 20% off runs out.

A women's medium top means roughly 34 to 36 inch chest measurement. Hope that helps.

McDman
11-28-2011, 10:08 PM
Boobs.

ak1971
11-28-2011, 10:08 PM
Where is that pic Meck used to have of the chick in the blue Bronco tee from 2005ish?

That is one of my favorites from the Mane.

this one?

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/AK7745/DSC00539.jpg

Name the two pervs in the background.

Pendejo
11-28-2011, 10:10 PM
When buying clothes for women it is ALWAYS good to remember that you buy the biggest size possible... XXL if possible. That is my rule of thumb...

I'm with you. I also be sure to include a note that says, "Sorry if this isn't big enough. It was the biggest one they had."

strafen
11-29-2011, 07:00 AM
Tim Tebow White Jersey (http://www.weiketrade.com/Product/Pro1138.Html)

i love this onepay your dues to advertise here.
You know, the people that run this site pays money out their pocket to keep it alive.
About you chipping in some cash since what you sell on your weiketrade website is something that people here would buy.
It's not secret by looking at your post history that you're getting a free lunch here...

Broncos4me
11-29-2011, 07:32 AM
I'm with you. I also be sure to include a note that says, "Sorry if this isn't big enough. It was the biggest one they had."

Yes and if she tries it on for you and asks if it makes her look fat, you should respond, "No dear, the fat makes you look fat." that is always a real crowd pleaser. ;D Just don't expect to get sex for 6 months after, but if you are married you are probably used to that anyway. :-*

Chris
11-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Still waiting for pics....

Boobs McGee
11-29-2011, 11:10 AM
Still waiting for pics....

<------------- Sorry for the delayed change :D

Gort
11-29-2011, 11:14 AM
<------------- Sorry for the delayed change :D

in before pointy elbows comment.