PDA

View Full Version : Bigger Concern

elsid13
03-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Just wonder what you were more worried about?

A) NFL lockout?
B) Federal Government closing down in two weeks?

bronco militia
03-04-2011, 10:34 AM
a)

Beantown Bronco
03-04-2011, 10:43 AM
If it signficantly alters the timing of my refund, I'll go with "b"

ColoradoDarin
03-04-2011, 10:51 AM

Got ours today so I'm going with the NFL...

loborugger
03-04-2011, 11:36 AM
The Fed Govt will just continue with the 'CR' funding. I wouldnt be surprised if they dont do that thru to the FY 2012. Neither party wants the blame for shutting the gubment down.

Dr. Broncenstein
03-04-2011, 11:38 AM
What is this tax refund you speak of?

bendog
03-04-2011, 11:40 AM
What is this tax refund you speak of?

I just have my pay direct deposited to my wife's account, so this is irrelevant to me.

bronco militia
03-04-2011, 11:46 AM
I just have my pay direct deposited to my wife's account, so this is irrelevant to me.

Ha!

Dr. Broncenstein
03-04-2011, 11:52 AM
So I asked my accountant about this tax refund. She is still laughing.

Rohirrim
03-04-2011, 11:59 AM
So I asked my accountant about this tax refund. She is still laughing.

Mine says, "Yeah, you and Willy Nelson."

They won't let the gummint shut down. You really think some politician has the guts to stand up to all those grannies when the SS checks don't show up? No better way to get your ass permanently voted out of office. There is one truism about retired people; They all vote.

Beantown Bronco
03-04-2011, 12:03 PM
Hey, this is the only time of the year I look favorably on how much mortgage interest I paid over the course of the prior year, and it's the only time of year that my kids actually save me money....kind of.

Ray Finkle
03-04-2011, 12:23 PM
The Fed Govt will just continue with the 'CR' funding. I wouldnt be surprised if they dont do that thru to the FY 2012. Neither party wants the blame for shutting the gubment down.

They've already hit their CR limit....basically we'll know this weekend if there is going to be a shut down.

loborugger
03-04-2011, 12:52 PM
They've already hit their CR limit....basically we'll know this weekend if there is going to be a shut down.

And who, pray tell, will enforce that law? Who will tell them that they have to get off collective keister's and get it done this time? If nothing else, they will just pass a law changing their # of CRs. Its all flexible when no one polices you.

elsid13
03-04-2011, 01:21 PM

They extend the CR two weeks, Oboma signed it yesterday.

Ray Finkle
03-04-2011, 01:31 PM
And who, pray tell, will enforce that law? Who will tell them that they have to get off collective keister's and get it done this time? If nothing else, they will just pass a law changing their # of CRs. Its all flexible when no one polices you.

The last CR will probably be the last one (Els), you cannot live on constant CR's.

Lobo, do you understand the entire process (not mocking, just asking)? They're are policies in place to enforce this. The stoppage is the last straw, I hope it doesn't come to this like it did the 80's but who knows.

TailgateNut
03-04-2011, 04:57 PM
Hey, this is the only time of the year I look favorably on how much mortgage interest I paid over the course of the prior year, and it's the only time of year that my kids actually save me money....kind of.

Bawahaha. You obvoiusly don't have a teenage daughter who drives. My insurance agent loves me, and so do the local malls.

loborugger
03-04-2011, 09:15 PM
The last CR will probably be the last one (Els), you cannot live on constant CR's.

Lobo, do you understand the entire process (not mocking, just asking)? They're are policies in place to enforce this. The stoppage is the last straw, I hope it doesn't come to this like it did the 80's but who knows.

I understand the process. I also understand that there was never a CR until they created one after the last shutdown fiasco. Again, I ask you - if the Congress and WH fail to come up with budget in the allotted time, who will enforce the law? And what will the repercussions be?

Ray Finkle
03-05-2011, 05:16 AM
I understand the process. I also understand that there was never a CR until they created one after the last shutdown fiasco. Again, I ask you - if the Congress and WH fail to come up with budget in the allotted time, who will enforce the law? And what will the repercussions be?

The Government enforces the law and a shutdown is the repercussion. It was speculated that everyone would know this weekend what was going to occur but another CR was issued. You cannot continue to operate on CR's it will cripple any attempt to resolve the issue. This is like putting a bandaid on a shotgun wound.

MOCRUSH
03-05-2011, 05:42 AM
The last gov shutdown was in the 90's and amounted to a paid (after the fact) vacation for "non-essential" federal workers, oddly enough that category accounted for the vast majority of these no load parasites. I'm going with the NFL.

elsid13
03-05-2011, 06:10 AM
The Government enforces the law and a shutdown is the repercussion. It was speculated that everyone would know this weekend what was going to occur but another CR was issued. You cannot continue to operate on CR's it will cripple any attempt to resolve the issue. This is like putting a bandaid on a shotgun wound.

Ray, normal I would agree with you, but after watching the disaster that was the federal budget process the last 3 years, I wouldn't be surprised if we see something ****ed up again this year.

congress has two jobs to do every year and A1 is passing a budget.

Ray Finkle
03-05-2011, 07:10 AM
Ray, normal I would agree with you, but after watching the disaster that was the federal budget process the last 3 years, I wouldn't be surprised if we see something ****ed up again this year.

congress has two jobs to do every year and A1 is passing a budget.

I agree.....I personally know a few of the people involved, I am surprised it hasn't been worked out.

elsid13
03-05-2011, 07:12 AM
I agree.....I personally know a few of the people involved, I am surprised it hasn't been worked out.

I'm not, the staffers I know say it really bad on the hill right now. That last year was bad, but this year it far worse.

Ray Finkle
03-05-2011, 07:34 AM
I'm not, the staffers I know say it really bad on the hill right now. That last year was bad, but this year it far worse.

a lot of he said, she said......complete crap.

Rohirrim
03-05-2011, 08:06 AM
Maybe we should stop paying for a military that's big enough to take on the Soviet Union, given that the Soviet Union died over twenty years ago. Why do we have bases all over the world, sucking billions out of our economy? Are we an empire? Are we the policemen of the world? We spend billions to defend Europe and Japan. And the first cuts to our budget our politicians want to talk about is retirement checks for little old ladies? WTF?

~Crash~
03-05-2011, 09:11 AM
The Federal Government to 14 that voted that why ? you afraid the welfare checks will stop coming ? I say we get rid of the congress and senate for ten years and get rid of all entitlement's and draw in our military back to America , all of it ! then lend money to all the other counties and make them our slaves. right now we are china and Saudi slaves.

Archer81
03-05-2011, 09:15 AM
The Federal Government to 14 that voted that why ? you afraid the welfare checks will stop coming ? I say we get rid of the congress and senate for ten years and get rid of all entitlement's and draw in our military back to America , all of it ! then lend money to all the other counties and make them our slaves. right now we are china and Saudi slaves.

So...your idea is to suspend the senate and house? Why? And we would need to borrow money to make "everyone our slaves" from the Chinese.

Logic son.

:Broncos:

~Crash~
03-05-2011, 09:17 AM

It is not a Refund. If you get a refund you messed up and they got your money to invest.

~Crash~
03-05-2011, 09:23 AM
So...your idea is to suspend the senate and house? Why? And we would need to borrow money to make "everyone our slaves" from the Chinese.

Logic son.

you sir are brain dead ! I said stop spending and have money to lend ! not borrow! but you are kind a dip ****..

No senate and house and the dip ****s stop spending! and we got plenty laws on the books.they are not needed .

No Taxs ! just taxs when people use stuff.

~Crash~
03-05-2011, 09:27 AM
We should not have millions of military all over the world ! put them here and lets worry about one country simple as that.

If we keep our military in a country they pay for it or we leave !

Archer81
03-05-2011, 09:29 AM
you sir are brain dead ! I said stop spending and have money to lend ! not borrow! but you are kind a dip ****..

No senate and house and the dip ****s stop spending! and we got plenty laws on the books.they are not needed .

No Taxs ! just taxs when people use stuff.

Jesus Christ...

So to you a functioning republic can do without representation of the states and people and we just elect a president? Did you get an F in government class? Everything you posted originally is retarded and then you go further and post something even a retarded monkey would say is ****ing retarded.

Fail.

And it's Taxes.

Beantown Bronco
03-05-2011, 09:33 AM
It is not a Refund. If you get a refund you messed up and they got your money to invest.

Ummmm, you couldn't be more wrong there. The definition of refund is to give back or pay back. By definition it IS a refund. The "why" doesn't matter.

And unless I claimed something like "10" on my W4, I'd get a refund because I have so many freaking deductions and credits, so it's not like I "messed anything up."

~Crash~
03-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Ummmm, you couldn't be more wrong there. The definition of refund is to give back or pay back. By definition it IS a refund. The "why" doesn't matter.

And unless I claimed something like "10" on my W4, I'd get a refund because I have so many freaking deductions and credits, so it's not like I "messed anything up."

sure thing dip head. and the Federal government just used you.

~Crash~
03-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Jesus Christ...

So to you a functioning republic can do without representation of the states and people and we just elect a president? Did you get an F in government class? Everything you posted originally is retarded and then you go further and post something even a retarded monkey would say is ****ing retarded.

Fail.

And it's Taxes.

back to ignore . Were are a rich Country, that has gotten fat... I get it why we have gotten fat ...stupid son of B like you ! :sunshine:

Beantown Bronco
03-05-2011, 10:39 AM
sure thing dip head. and the Federal government just used you.

Name calling when all I did was point out that you don't know the definition of the word "refund"? Someone's having a tough day.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Who should be worried about an NFL lockout? How does that really affect you on a day-to-day basis? Do you have nothing else going on in your life that no football on the Sundays in the fall would kill you?

Archer81
03-05-2011, 11:53 AM
back to ignore . Were are a rich Country, that has gotten fat... I get it why we have gotten fat ...stupid son of B like you ! :sunshine:

Epic fail.

DHallblows
03-05-2011, 04:47 PM

Wow. You're opinions on every subject are insane, not just the Broncos...

bombay
03-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Concer?

OABB
03-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Who should be worried about an NFL lockout? How does that really affect you on a day-to-day basis? Do you have nothing else going on in your life that no football on the Sundays in the fall would kill you?

Yes.