PDA

View Full Version : Bob Sanders a Charger.

Carmelo15
03-03-2011, 06:22 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/03/bob-sanders-bolts-for-the-bolts/

After safety Bob Sanders was cut by the Colts, former Indy coach Tony Dungy suggested that Sanders possibly would return to the team after exploring the open market.

As it turns out, Sanders liked what he saw on the open market.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Sanders has signed a one-year deal with the Chargers.

Sanders also had visited the Jets, Bills, and Jaguars.

San Diego has had Indy’s number for years, and Sanders now brings inside information and, if healthy, a high degree of ability. Though the Chargers won’t face the Colts during the 2011 regular season, Sanders could get a shot at his former team in the postseason.

If there’s a postseason.

Quoydogs
03-03-2011, 06:28 PM
For 1 maybe 2 games then out for the season again.

Carmelo15
03-03-2011, 06:30 PM
It was only a one-year deal so I would say it was a good move for them

OBF1
03-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Getting paid to sit on IR is a pretty good deal for Sanders.

Doggcow
03-03-2011, 06:45 PM
I would have loved to have gotten Sanders. He's a beast when healthy.

Quoydogs
03-03-2011, 06:53 PM
I would have loved to have gotten Sanders. He's a beast when healthy.

This is the problem. You need to put "WHEN" in big ass bold print.

Tim
03-03-2011, 07:04 PM
he sucks, he will never play 16 games in a row.

boltaneer
03-03-2011, 08:13 PM
I like the signing but I'm keeping expectations low since he's always getting injured.

Just bench him until week 15. :)

Garcia Bronco
03-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Good thing we won't have to play him.

Shananahan
03-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Just bench him until week 15.
This is pretty funny, and actually makes a lot of sense when you think about it.

cutthemdown
03-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Great signing for a good team like the Chargers. He's healthy it's a huge score.

broncocalijohn
03-03-2011, 10:40 PM
It was only a one-year deal so I would say it was a good move for them

better deal if it was a one-game by game deal.

JJJ
03-03-2011, 11:21 PM
If he is healthly around playoff time it will be a good deal. Big if.

But he brings a little unpredictability to the Bolt defense which they really needed as they didn't generate many turnovers last year. They need to draft a defensive end that has some rushing skills, a solid inside linebacker, get Larry English back and it could be very interesting to watch that side of the ball next year.

With a blitz oriented defensive coordinator I think there will be more pressure. They got decent cover corners to take more chances in getting aggressive in stopping the run and sending in a lot of blitz packages on passing downs. If Sanders can stay healthy the defense should be more fun to watch than the offense.

crawdad
03-04-2011, 09:15 AM
If he is healthly around playoff time it will be a good deal. Big if.

But he brings a little unpredictability to the Bolt defense which they really needed as they didn't generate many turnovers last year. They need to draft a defensive end that has some rushing skills, a solid inside linebacker, get Larry English back and it could be very interesting to watch that side of the ball next year.

With a blitz oriented defensive coordinator I think there will be more pressure. They got decent cover corners to take more chances in getting aggressive in stopping the run and sending in a lot of blitz packages on passing downs. If Sanders can stay healthy the defense should be more fun to watch than the offense.

The only fun thing about watching the Chargers is when they fail to make the playoffs!

Smiling Assassin27
03-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Without Ron Rivera, that team's gonna have a hangover, IMO.

SouthStndJunkie
03-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Signing a player like Bob Sanders to a low risk one year deal is ok....if you aren't counting on him.

You're dumb if you sign him and are counting on him to start....but if you already have some decent safeties in place, you can roll the dice and sign a player like Sanders to a one year deal, and reap a great return on your investment if he manages to stay healthy....because when he is healthy, he is a bad ass.

illbroncsfn
03-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Maybe Weddle will feel slighted and figure he should be adorned in broncos orange and blue.....

broncocalijohn
03-04-2011, 03:03 PM
Maybe Weddle will feel slighted and figure he should be adorned in broncos orange and blue.....

If not, he can always play in the NFC North and try to hammer Frown Cannon twice a year. I know he would enjoy that.

SoDak Bronco
03-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Sucks that my favorite Hawkeye of all time is going to play fornthe Chuggers.....damnit

broncosteven
03-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Is Mike Brown still playing?