PDA

View Full Version : Two new shows I like: Camelot, and Perfect Couples

Boobs McGee
03-03-2011, 05:05 PM
First off, Perfect Couples. The only actress on the show I recognize is the old co-host of G4's AOTS. Pretty damn funny! There are basically three couples that the show follows, and they're all best friends. I dunno, each couple's type of humor works really well with the others, and hilarity ensues. You can check it out on thursdays, or ondemand under the HD tv series area.

The other show that looks pretty good, is Starz new original series, Camelot. Don't want to give any spoilers, but so far the characters all seem pretty likeable/capable, film locations are terrific, and hopefully it'll continue to impress.
You can watch the early premiere first episode now, and it comes out on 4/7 I believe.

Anybody seen either of these two shows yet?

Chris
03-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Neva hoid of em.

TheReverend
03-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Perfect Couples is pretty gay but I watch it out of way too much free time.

Boobs McGee
03-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Perfect Couples moved into my new current favorite network comedy show. The situations are so realistic, I can almost guarantee ANYONE can find some similarities. Veeeerrry witty and well done stuff.

Boobs McGee
03-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Perfect Couples is pretty gay but I watch it out of way too much free time.

you're pretty gay.

Tell me you didn't at least LOL during the man cave epsiode?

PRBronco
03-03-2011, 05:10 PM
you're pretty gay.

Hahaha I lol'd hard at the way they ended that episode.

Yeah I thought Perfect Couples was going to be lame but it gets more lols from me than the Office these days.

TheReverend
03-03-2011, 05:13 PM
you're pretty gay.

Not much. My favorite was this past episode with the tennis tournament and the house.

I REALLY like the cast too.

Would smash Olivia Munn. Liked the main character from his last show on CBS. One of the girls is the waitress from Always Sunny.

I just kinda think it's not that funny. It's kinda like How I Met Your Mother... subpar dialogue, hyper gay characters, not very funny but you watch it anyways and you're not sure why.

Garcia Bronco
03-03-2011, 05:15 PM
Camelot comes off with overly graphic lanaguage and nudity/sex for no good reason. Check it out, thought. It's not as bad as the crap they had on last month.

Boobs McGee
03-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Not much. My favorite was this past episode with the tennis tournament and the house.

I REALLY like the cast too.

Would smash Olivia Munn. Liked the main character from his last show on CBS. One of the girls is the waitress from Always Sunny.

I just kinda think it's not that funny. It's kinda like How I Met Your Mother... subpar dialogue, hyper gay characters, not very funny but you watch it anyways and you're not sure why.

Haven't seen the tennis tourney one yet, but I agree that the cast is great. I didn't know much about the others, is that Dee from Always Sunny? I was trying to place her!

To each his own, for some reason this show just really hits my funny bone. Can't speak to How I Met Your Mother, I've never actually watched an episode of that one.

Highlights for me so far though...Dave being on a diet and getting his wife to have sex with him whenever he gets a craving, the absolute PERFECTION with which Leigh and her hubby play the creepy overly counseled couple, and the whole game night scene.

Boobs McGee
03-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Camelot comes off with overly graphic lanaguage and nudity/sex for no good reason. Check it out, thought. It's not as bad as the crap they had on last month.

If you're referring to the Spartacus prequel, I'd definitely agree. The first 4 episodes were WAY over the top in the sex department. I was actually pretty disappointed, but stuck it out and was satisfied with the last two episodes. They tied up all of the connections between the two seasons, and wrapped it up nicely. The first season was a GREAT show, after the first two episodes. I was surprised by a lot of the plot twists, the actors storylines were very well thought out and developed, and it had a pretty decent mixture of violence/sex. The whole "jupiter's cock" saying got a little old (batiatus sp? seemed to love saying that after just about every damn sentence), and the blood was a little cheesy, but other than that I thought it was a fantastic original series.

and ps. XENA's TITS! always a childhood love of mine, she looks pretty damn good for an older woman

Chris
03-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Xena **** yeah. From the Isle of Lesbos.

Boobs McGee
03-03-2011, 05:33 PM
hahahah the very same

TheReverend
03-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Haven't seen the tennis tourney one yet, but I agree that the cast is great. I didn't know much about the others, is that Dee from Always Sunny? I was trying to place her!

To each his own, for some reason this show just really hits my funny bone. Can't speak to How I Met Your Mother, I've never actually watched an episode of that one.

Highlights for me so far though...Dave being on a diet and getting his wife to have sex with him whenever he gets a craving, the absolute PERFECTION with which Leigh and her hubby play the creepy overly counseled couple, and the whole game night scene.

No no... the waitress. The one Charlie wants but always rejects him (his wife in real life) and has a crush on Dennis.

anton
03-03-2011, 05:43 PM
Perfect Couples is awful. I tried to like it because i love Olivia Munn but I couldnt get through an entire episode. 2 of the couples are way too over the top and not funny at all.

Garcia Bronco
03-03-2011, 05:43 PM
Xena **** yeah. From the Isle of Lesbos.

She was really good in the 5th episode

Doggcow
03-03-2011, 05:44 PM
Terriers is awesome btw.

Boobs McGee
03-03-2011, 05:47 PM
No no... the waitress. The one Charlie wants but always rejects him (his wife in real life) and has a crush on Dennis.

oooooo right right.

@ dogcow, what's terriers about?

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-03-2011, 05:57 PM

You need a "good" reason for this?

You do realize that women wearing pants wasn't allowed til the last century.

Garcia Bronco
03-03-2011, 06:18 PM
You need a "good" reason for this?

You do realize that women wearing pants wasn't allowed til the last century.

In the show we are talking about; it doesn't advance the story in some cases. It's like the chicks running for 5 minutes to music in the show Bay Watch.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-03-2011, 06:23 PM
In the show we are talking about; it doesn't advance the story in some cases. It's like the chicks running for 5 minutes to music in the show Bay Watch.

True. But it is about the Dark Ages and I'm personally a little tired of the thinking "Hero".

Archer81
03-03-2011, 06:32 PM

Starz brought the world Spartacus: Blood and Sand and Spartacus: Gods of the Arena. From the premier episode of Camelot it is not even close to that level of violence and nudity.

:Broncos:

TonyR
03-03-2011, 06:33 PM
Perfect Couples moved into my new current favorite network comedy show.

Seriously? Modern Family, Cougartown, and Community, just to name a few, are considerably better IMHO.

Archer81
03-03-2011, 06:35 PM
She was really good in the 5th episode

Yes she was. Very dark and sadistic.

Garcia Bronco
03-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Yes she was. Very dark and sadistic.

The conversation she has with the father at the end is nuts.

Garcia Bronco
03-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Starz brought the world Spartacus: Blood and Sand and Spartacus: Gods of the Arena. From the premier episode of Camelot it is not even close to that level of violence and nudity.

Eva Green will make it good enough, but I think we'll see even more sex than is needed.

bowtown
03-03-2011, 06:53 PM
Perfect Couples won't last more than one season. It's just not very good.

Bronco Boy
03-03-2011, 07:04 PM
Perfect Couples is a horrible show. Just my opinion, but all the actors on it suck and have no chemistry. The broads are pretty hot though. Much hotter than Phyllis and Meredith on the Office.

scorpio
03-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Game of Thrones on HBO is the next series I'm looking forward to. If you haven't read the books, do yourself a favor.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PZ5p18wIQEI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XfAE3hIaPm4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TheReverend
03-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Game of Thrones on HBO is the next series I'm looking forward to. If you haven't read the books, do yourself a favor.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PZ5p18wIQEI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XfAE3hIaPm4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I made it 18 pages and passed out unconscious :/

Killericon
03-03-2011, 08:53 PM
There are basically three couples that the show follows, and they're all best friends.

What a fresh and original premise!

That One Guy
03-03-2011, 09:23 PM
I was quite a fan of Spartacus (prequel was too short to really form an opinion on) but just wish they'd went all out and made it realistic in the gore scenes. I think they made it especially cheesy looking to soften it a bit but it kinda soured some of it for me. I like having a good mix of boobies and violence in a show and while they could do better to spread out the two, they aren't at a Caligula type bounce back and forth point yet. Caligula would have an explicit sex scene and then instantly someone was getting fisted and certain genitals went from excited to inverted instantly... it was frustrating and quite uncomfortable. With Spartacus, you at least get a good 20 second gap to prep before they show someone's head rolling.

Oh, and I went looking on Netflix hoping they'd have Camelot since they carried Spartacus. Nothing yet. Will definitely try to check it out though.

Boobs McGee
03-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Haha well apparently the 5 or 6 friends of mine and I are easily entertained! Community WAS my favorite comedy, but on a loling scale, perfect couples nudged passed it. Still love Community, but IMO it fell off there for a while. The whole jeff/annie/britta love triangle thing became a little much, and it got awfully dramatic. Pierce just got weird. Troy and Abed are ALWAYS funny (probly the best part of the show), but it just seemed like they were trying way too hard. As I said, it's coming back now, but for a while it didn't have near the comedic charm that it once did.

I still think the Paintball war episode was one of the best moments in sitcom history. Absolutely epic.

Anywho, I think Perfect Couples is hilarious, and HOPE they keep it going past this season, we'll see.

Might have to get HBO again, cause Game of Thrones looks like it's going to be goooood

Boobs McGee
03-03-2011, 09:38 PM
I was quite a fan of Spartacus (prequel was too short to really form an opinion on) but just wish they'd went all out and made it realistic in the gore scenes. I think they made it especially cheesy looking to soften it a bit but it kinda soured some of it for me. I like having a good mix of boobies and violence in a show and while they could do better to spread out the two, they aren't at a Caligula type bounce back and forth point yet. Caligula would have an explicit sex scene and then instantly someone was getting fisted and certain genitals went from excited to inverted instantly... it was frustrating and quite uncomfortable. With Spartacus, you at least get a good 20 second gap to prep before they show someone's head rolling.

Oh, and I went looking on Netflix hoping they'd have Camelot since they carried Spartacus. Nothing yet. Will definitely try to check it out though.

Really pulling for Andy Whitfield to kick some lymphoma ass, but it doesn't appear that he'll be back for season 2 when it starts production :( I was really looking forward to seeing spartacus and crixus stomping through rome just wreckin fools!

As for Camelot...it's not even on Starz until April, so it might be a little while before it hits Netflix. Still pretty early to tell, but IMO it's gonna be good. Merlin looks like a bad mofo, and Eva Green is pretty damn HAWT!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pBjKSf8HFZA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's a little more dramatic, a little less action packed than the preview showed (so far, anyway), but I'm excited.

That One Guy
03-03-2011, 09:48 PM
Ahhh... I misread the OP, I get it now. Where do you find the full episode you mentioned?

Archer81
03-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Really pulling for Andy Whitfield to kick some lymphoma ass, but it doesn't appear that he'll be back for season 2 when it starts production :( I was really looking forward to seeing spartacus and crixus stomping through rome just wreckin fools!

As for Camelot...it's not even on Starz until April, so it might be a little while before it hits Netflix. Still pretty early to tell, but IMO it's gonna be good. Merlin looks like a bad mofo, and Eva Green is pretty damn HAWT!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pBjKSf8HFZA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's a little more dramatic, a little less action packed than the preview showed (so far, anyway), but I'm excited.

It seems Starz has a deal with Netflix. I have Netflix, and just like onDemand, once an episode airs its available for additional viewing. Spartacus: Gods of the Arena episodes showed up the next day. I think Camelot will probably have the same deal going on.

That One Guy
03-03-2011, 09:56 PM
It seems Starz has a deal with Netflix. I have Netflix, and just like onDemand, once an episode airs its available for additional viewing. Spartacus: Gods of the Arena episodes showed up the next day. I think Camelot will probably have the same deal going on.

Well, they tried to do a get you hooked and leave you hanging move but it failed. Somewhere around 6 episodes into Spartacus, they tried switching it to a DVD only thing and then it popped up that they didn't know when the DVDs would be available and it went back to being on Instant Watch. Whatever it is that they were attempting though, they would've done the planning to be on top of it IF it is their intention for Camelot. I don't really know what happened with the Spartacus but I got my blood and boobies so I was good with it.

CHANGSTER
03-03-2011, 09:57 PM
2 of the couples on Perfect Couples are just too strange and unrelatable. Makes the show seem almost surreal.

Boobs McGee
03-03-2011, 10:33 PM
@ Chris - I didn't know that about netflix, very cool!

@ that one guy - well, I'm not sure why, but they have an "early premier" ondemand with starz. I just read that the actual season premier is two hours, so maybe they'll play this one with an extra hour ? I dunno

TonyR
03-04-2011, 05:35 AM
Still love Community, but IMO it fell off there for a while.

Community does roll out a clunker every now and again but their better shows are fantastic. But I think Modern Family is the best overal sitcom on TV and Cougartown is very under rated and under appreciated.

Beantown Bronco
03-04-2011, 06:23 AM
Personally, I'm waiting for this summer's new FX show "Wilfred". I soooooo hope it's good. FX usually doesn't let me down.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/livefrom/post/2011/01/elijah-wood-befriends-talking-dog-in-fx-comedy-wilfred/1

Requiem
03-04-2011, 06:55 AM
Me and my roommates don't have cable, but Netflix has been a godsend.

The last TV series I watched in its entirety was the first season of Spartacus, which I thought was pretty awesome.

Other than that, I haven't really actively watched any TV show in a long time. I have a hard time watching TV.

Oh, Surviorman or Man vs. Wild I'll watch -- or nature type **** documentaries.