PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Thomas refuses to sign tender

Chris
03-02-2011, 06:31 PM
UPDATE 7:48PM ET - Via Josina and Twitter, Marcus Thomas' agent says the player will not be signing his tender and wants to test unrestricted free agency, for what that's worth...

I know it's her but news is news.

http://www.mopo.ca/uploaded_images/sexy-gremlin-764647.jpg

Shoemaker
03-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Yeah, good luck with that, Marcus.

Be sure to show off your sweet backflip to any teams you try out for. That'll impress them and you'll make bank!

crush17
03-02-2011, 06:34 PM
lol there will be no free agency. come on Marcus....

SonOfLe-loLang
03-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Ummm, ok...have fun

schaaf
03-02-2011, 06:37 PM
What an Idiot.

meangene
03-02-2011, 06:38 PM
What a douche! Now we know why he played better last season. See ya!

oubronco
03-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Marcel Dareus will gladly take his place

schaaf
03-02-2011, 06:42 PM
In my eyes

Marcus Thomas = Nick Fairley

Houshyamama
03-02-2011, 06:42 PM
He'll be back

Irish Stout
03-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Actually think this is fantastic. GTFO.

Chris
03-02-2011, 06:46 PM
In my eyes

http://www.allbabypix.com/pictures/Huge_Glasses.jpg

bronco0608
03-02-2011, 06:46 PM
In my eyes

Sure whynot.

In my eyes Willie Middlebrooks = Patrick Peterson

Hey, this is fun!!

schaaf
03-02-2011, 06:47 PM
hahaha but seriously

I see a lot of similarities between the two

Irish Stout
03-02-2011, 06:47 PM
hahaha but seriously

I see a lot of similarities between the two

Soooooo.... we should absolutely stay away from Nick Fairley with the #2 pick? Gotcha.

eddie mac
03-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Thomas is a dick, just because he doesn't sign the tender doesn't mean he can test the market. Without a CBA the 6 year issue still stands thus he cannot negotiate with other teams anyway. I suppose at the end of the day it's regardless because until a new CBA is agreed he cannot negotiate with anyone.

~Crash~
03-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Thomas is a dick, just because he doesn't sign the tender doesn't mean he can test the market. Without a CBA the 6 year issue still stands thus he cannot negotiate with other teams anyway. I suppose at the end of the day it's regardless because until a new CBA is agreed he cannot negotiate with anyone.

dick ? He does alot for kids so I will not call him that thank you .

Hercules Rockefeller
03-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Well ****, they're screwed now

KipCorrington25
03-02-2011, 07:22 PM
What a douche! Now we know why he played better last season. See ya!

He did? :giggle:

~Crash~
03-02-2011, 07:28 PM
He did? :giggle:

Yep he did . Way better. He still has room to get better . But guess what he is damn young and just had a not half bad season .Yes we should try and keep him , hell we got a **** load into his development..just don't break the bank on him .

Last year he kept his feet and was always around the Football.

jhns
03-02-2011, 07:33 PM
We could use him but I wouldn't pay him a lot.

broncosteven
03-02-2011, 07:40 PM
He needs to realize he was an above avg player on the 31st ranked D. I doubt his phone is ringing off the hook.

eddie mac
03-02-2011, 07:48 PM
dick ? He does alot for kids so I will not call him that thank you .

You can still be a good guy but have minimal brain cells when it comes to your contract or taking advice from an agent.

Ratboy
03-02-2011, 07:55 PM
You can still be a good guy but have minimal brain cells when it comes to your contract or taking advice from an agent.

Does not make him a dick.

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-02-2011, 08:15 PM
When the names of the tenders/those released came out today, Josina was quick to find the dirt in the situation. Even though the MThomas story isn't that big of a deal, she showed what she's all about today.

Archer81
03-02-2011, 08:18 PM
When the names of the tenders/those released came out today, Josina was quick to find the dirt in the situation. Even though the MThomas story isn't that big of a deal, she showed what she's all about today.

Just today? This is just more evidence to the pile. She is Al Davis' love kitten. That's right. She loves on Al's scabs like a dog gnawing on a beef bone.

:Broncos:

schaaf
03-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Just today? This is just more evidence to the pile. She is Al Davis' love kitten. That's right. She loves on Al's scabs like a dog gnawing on a beef bone.

:Broncos:

http://www.mobilecrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/thatshot.jpg

yerner
03-02-2011, 08:28 PM
No big deal it's his perogative. I hope he comes back though. I bet he is interested in living closer to Florida.

Shananahan
03-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Yep he did . Way better. He still has room to get better . But guess what he is damn young and just had a not half bad season .Yes we should try and keep him , hell we got a **** load into his development..just don't break the bank on him .

Last year he kept his feet and was always around the Football.
Agreed. I would be upset if we couldn't resign him, as I think his strengths could be better utilized in a 4-3 and he has a lot of room to improve.

Broncos_OTM
03-02-2011, 09:46 PM

Isn't that what insiders do.?

strafen
03-02-2011, 09:51 PM
I've never been impressed with Thomas.
I had high expectations when we've got him. He never met those expectations. So I already knew that what we got is what we have...
So, our team should have no problems replacing him in the draft.
Addition by substraction.

strafen
03-02-2011, 09:55 PM

I don't get it.
This is news that was bound to be released anyway...
If Thomas doesn't sign, that will impact the draft plan for us.
It's sort of a big deal...

mopatt24
03-02-2011, 10:19 PM
UPDATE 7:48PM ET - Via Josina and Twitter, Marcus Thomas' agent says the player will not be signing his tender and wants to test unrestricted free agency, for what that's worth...

I know it's her but news is news.

http://www.mopo.ca/uploaded_images/sexy-gremlin-764647.jpg

:rofl:

Now thanks to you, every time i see a tweet from Josina Anderson, I'll have the Gremlins theme song in my head

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gycQMfwIAlM&feature=related

vancejohnson82
03-02-2011, 10:36 PM
good luck dude....most of the league thinks ur a bust, we might be one of the three teams willing to give u a shot

ward63
03-02-2011, 11:20 PM
He's still tendered for his draft pick. Meaning, if he signs somewhere, we get that team's 4th round pick. I can deal with that

razorwire77
03-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Eh. The training camp backflip, and blowing up Jamal Charles on a draw once are the only two memories of note I have of Marcus Thomas. After we draft Dareus or Fairley, even those will be purged from the memory banks.

schaaf
03-02-2011, 11:58 PM
This is off topic but I need an answer by tomorrow...

What's the best Droid out there

DivineBronco
03-03-2011, 02:12 AM
sorry if this was covered this week but have you seen what peter king wrote about the bestest reporter in the West
"Someday soon we’re going to see Denver FOX affiliate sports reporter Josina Anderson go national. Met her for the first time over the weekend after respecting her from afar. I was impressed. She knows things."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/02/28/combine/3.html

HAHAHAHAHA

Pseudofool
03-03-2011, 02:44 AM
Everyone in the league knows the stout accomplishment of our defensive line. No doubt MT will be getting some calls.

RunSilentRunDeep
03-03-2011, 05:55 AM

The fact you think he's a dick is bizarre. What does he get out of signing his tender? The gave him the lowest one possible. He's really supposed to lock himself into a cheap, one-year deal? Do you demand your boss lower your pay to minimum wage?

TheReverend
03-03-2011, 06:30 AM

I'm all for Josina bashing, but how is breaking Bronco news a bad thing in this situation...?

eddie mac
03-03-2011, 07:19 AM
The fact you think he's a dick is bizarre. What does he get out of signing his tender? The gave him the lowest one possible. He's really supposed to lock himself into a cheap, one-year deal? Do you demand your boss lower your pay to minimum wage?

I wasn't calling him a dick because he didn't sign the tender. I'm calling him a dick because he or his agent actually thinks it makes a difference whether he signs it or not, more to the point, the Broncos actually think it makes a difference offering it to him in the first place, but I suppose everyone has to follow Pied Piper dont they.

Beantown Bronco
03-03-2011, 07:30 AM
Nothing to see here. If I'm not mistaken, no player in the entire league should be signing their tenders. If they do, they should be shot for being dumb....or at the very least, should shoot their agents for giving horrible advice.

There is absolutely no reason why a player should sign one before a new CBA is reached. There is literally zero benefit to doing so.

Pony Boy
03-03-2011, 08:01 AM
In my eyes

Just curious, did you watch any Auburn games?

cmhargrove
03-03-2011, 09:03 AM
What an Idiot.

He's already had the "weed rap," and hasn't exactly lit things up. Rotational player on the 32nd ranked defense.

Buh, bye...

cmhargrove
03-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Sure whynot.

Hey, this is fun!!

Count me in!

Richard Quinn = Shannon Sharpe

OABB
03-03-2011, 09:07 AM
Thomas looked good at points this year. He got into the backfield a few times. It looked as if he made a leap. I'm hoping he stays on. Him and dareus would be a good dt team with bannan and Williams. What this team needs is an MLB. This defense would be very good with dj at will and a good MLB.

Beantown Bronco
03-03-2011, 09:09 AM
He's already had the "weed rap," and hasn't exactly lit things up.

Don't these statements directly contradict each other?

peacepipe
03-03-2011, 09:23 AM

without a CBA nothing stands period. no 6 yr period,tenders,..nothing.

eddie mac
03-03-2011, 09:35 AM
without a CBA nothing stands period. no 6 yr period,tenders,..nothing.

Exactly so he's in limbo anyway, why the **** come out and say anything, dumb.

peacepipe
03-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Exactly so he's in limbo anyway, why the **** come out and say anything, dumb.probably letting it be known that he is not interested in remaining a bronco.

RunSilentRunDeep
03-03-2011, 09:58 AM
I wasn't calling him a dick because he didn't sign the tender. I'm calling him a dick because he or his agent actually thinks it makes a difference whether he signs it or not, more to the point, the Broncos actually think it makes a difference offering it to him in the first place, but I suppose everyone has to follow Pied Piper dont they.

Okay, but under the very small chance a temporary resolution is to agree to do business again this year under the same terms as last year (a big win for the owners IMO since there would again be no salary floor), signing a tender would restrict Thomas' ability to get a better offer from another team that the Broncos would be forced to match. So even though the chance is slim, the Broncos should offer the tender (I would have given him the second-round version) and Thomas is wise not to sign it. Anything else is just being careless.

Smiling Assassin27
03-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Sure whynot.

Hey, this is fun!!

ROFL!

PRBronco
03-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the memories Marcus :welcome: